Reviewsnap

ecommerce analyst
Internet, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: -B2B sales team/integration support was excellent
-Authoricheck is genius
-Number of review templates is great for using for different departments within the org.
-Very easy to use software = very effective software

Nachteile: -Standalone product, would be nice to be able to integrate with some of our other solutions
-Auto-save feature while typing would be nice

Reviewsnap lives up to its name.

Bewertet am 3.3.2015
Mary P.
Philanthropie

Vorteile: As a small organization with many staff who frequently travel, we sought a system that was simple, intuitive and available 24/7. We reviewed many systems, big and small and almost settled on a product, but then found out about Reviewsnap. Both vendors gave us access to test environments where we were able to compare coverage, ease of setup and get a sense of the training required. Reviewsnap won hands down - very easy to set up, minimal training required, and all our priority requirements - fairly standard - were covered in their product. Employee profiles and job descriptions, competency and other review sections with lots of flexibility for overall design, ratings, comments, option to select from stock examples or use our own; integrated ongoing management of work and professional development goals, a great 'journaling' feature for keeping track of accomplishments through the year or for giving kudos to colleagues; automated notifications for deadlines and digital signatures. If users do need help, there is a small, onsite set of user manuals, workflow diagrams, etc. We added links to our performance review policies, etc on our Reviewsnap "Welcome page". Once our own system was set up, our Reviewsnap rep trained the 2 groups (employees/supervisors) via short webcast and the recordings are now permanently available to walk new staff through the site in under 10 minutes. Most notably, our customer service rep (same person over the last 3 years) has been absolutely exceptional. Her turnaround time is usually within a couple hours, responses are always helpful, short and and to-the-point, and if another service department is ever needed, she coordinates that. I also very much appreciated working through the trial period with a company that allowed us to work at our own pace without pressuring us to make a quick purchase. That flexibility helped assure we had the time needed to select the right product. Reviewsnap listens to their customers and keeps improving the product without inflating the cost.

Nachteile: It's very minor, and the only reason I give them one "9" below, but the last couple steps involve a hand-off of the review and then initiating final approvals and signatures. Some staff have neglected to complete the last couple steps that officially close off the review, and we would just find it helpful to have the system keep notifying staff, after a reasonable amount of time has elapsed, that they're not done yet, and remind them what steps they need to do to officially close the review. If nothing else, staff will eventually discover their lapse when they try to begin a new review and are unable to. If the system helped prompt them to close out the review, it would just avoid their being confused when they try to begin a new one.

The way to keep reviews in the same place

Bewertet am 20.12.2019
Paola B.
P&C Generalist

Kommentare: I've had a good experience with Reviewsnap, now that it's integrated to Recruiterbox I can add new employees automatically after hiring them

Vorteile: having all personnel files in a single place makes it really easy to use. You can personalize all reviews and keep all the records

Nachteile: It's not easy to figure out the first time you are using it, adding templates is a little tricky

Reviewsnap - Just okay

Bewertet am 25.10.2018
Lindsey H.
Marketing & Business Development Coordinator
Anwaltskanzlei, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Since I only have a need to use this software once a year, I don't think I can be too much of a critic. It works for how I need it, which is all I can really ask for!

Vorteile: I like that it's an easy way to submit my personal review to our HR team, and I like that I have a place to collect my thoughts on my personal achievements throughout the year. I also appreciate that I can input positive emails and comments that were said about me by my coworkers throughout the year.

Nachteile: The system is a bit clunky. It seems like it could use an update! It's not totally clear where to go for certain things (so much so that our HR department had to create a Reviewsnap guide that we can refer to when it's time to submit our annual reviews because they received too may questions).

Wonderful Customer Service!

Bewertet am 1.10.2019
Amy S.
VP of HR
Immobilien, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The Review Snap implementation was very easy and straightforward. I love that the implementation person uses the time to walk through the system, talk through what you're looking to accomplish, and then configures the system as you go along. You can see where they're adjusting things so it's teaching you at the same time as setting the system up. The best part, however, has been the Review Snap help desk. They are the most responsive team I've worked with at any vendor hands down. They anticipate all your follow-up questions based off of your first question, provide snapshots of the system, and really provide complete answers. If the system can't do what you're looking for, which is rare, they suggest alternatives. I have been thoroughly impressed by this team! Review Snap is doing the right things with their customer-facing teams for sure.

Vorteile: It's incredibly flexible to mold to whatever review cycles, review types, etc. you have. The bulk edit feature saves a lot of time and after you find the right part of the system, you can customize just about anything.

Nachteile: I'd love for Review Snap to allow the company to brand it more and really make it look like our internal review system. Also, if you're a manager of managers, the ability to see reviews down a couple levels has been tricky.

Winning Results

Bewertet am 2.3.2016
Amie M.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: We have been a ReviewSnap client for several years and are continually impressed with the excellent customer service and ease of use of the software. As a non-profit, cost is also a huge factor and the annual contract is not only affordable, but is guaranteed to not increase once you sign up.

Vorteile: Our supervisors love the fact that that they can easily select ratings for their team and receive suggestions to add commentary. As the system admin, I love the fact that I can easily import new staff to the the database and create ad-hoc reports.

Nachteile: The only con is the finalization process - it would be nice to obtain final signature and not have to go back in to finalize.

Our company has been a user for over 5 years. The ease of use and customer service have been great.

Bewertet am 18.4.2018
Gregory S.
Senior Director, Human Resources
Unterhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ease of use and ability to adapt to our specific need. Making changes to the form is usually pretty simple and user friendly.

Nachteile: Difficulty in setting up a quarterly review with the same ease as the annual review. But I understand that the team has been working on making this possible.

Robust and Flexible Tood

Bewertet am 24.4.2019
Ashleigh N.
HR Manager
Forschung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our company is interested in people development and aligning their growth to our business objectives. Reviewsnap offers an affordable easy-to-use system to get everyone in the company rowing in the same direction.

Vorteile: First of all, the customer service from beginning to end has been phenomenal; every single touch point has been professional, courteous and patient. The software itself is easy to use once you login and use the system. Like any software, you have to familiarize yourself with the buttons. However, even for a few of our employees who shy away from technological advances were able to figure out how to use the system after either attending a live training session or watching the recorded video. I also like how easy it is to cascade goals to rest of organization.

Nachteile: I will have to get back to you on this.

Better than before!

Bewertet am 12.2.2019
Julie G.
Communications Specialist
Anwaltskanzlei, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: So far, so good. No complaints as a user!

Vorteile: ReviewSnap was introduced to all employees at our company about a year ago. Before it was implemented, we just had an in-house system that was clunky and difficult to use. The review process is much more streamlined now. All of the documents are in one place. Much better than the old system.

Nachteile: I haven't gotten to know it well enough to find any wrinkles. Doing my first review on the system has been pretty flawless.

Reviewsnap is okay

Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Lindsey H.
Marketing & Business Development Coordinator
Anwaltskanzlei, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I think that it does what it was created to do, but it could use an upgrade to be more user friendly. Until the upgrade occurs, it may not be the best review software on the market.

Vorteile: I like that I can keep all of the good emails and praise documents I have received throughout the year on my profile so I can easily feature my performance compliments on my annual review.

Nachteile: It is pretty clunky - it could use an upgrade. It's not the best review software I have used, but it does what it is supposed to do.

Poor Experience

Bewertet am 17.10.2018
Kacy B.
HR Manager

Kommentare: The first experience was good but all since have been negative. I'm sure they're great to some clients but that was not what I've received.

Vorteile: The UI was difficult to use last year so I was very excited to see they were upgrading the platform. The new platform looks like it'll be great, so it's too bad I won't get to use it.

Nachteile: I understand that not everyone has had the same experience as me, but I've been extremely unimpressed with ReviewSnap. We were told that our review timeline was able to be accommodated by an upcoming system upgrade. I asked the rep whether we could have it up and running for a mid-November start and she assured me we could. I told her I would reach out a week or two later to let her know we were ready to upgrade. She said this was ok. Fast forward 2 weeks. I emailed her to let her know we were ready and then didn't get a response until 10 days later. By this time all of the upgrade slots were full. I was told that I would be updated when we moved up. I then had to reach out on two separate occasions to see what our status was, each time being told that "we were in the queue". My second email this morning was given the exact same response: "you're in the queue". This second email also said that they think they could get me a slot in mid-October to mid-November, but couldn't guarantee it. At no point in this process has anyone from ReviewSnap reached out to me update me or try to give me an answer without me reaching out first. They have not been a partner and have certainly not made me feel like we were spending our money wisely. For me personally they've taken the route of replacing customer service with apologies. We have asked to be taken off the upgrade list since we will not be renewing. Maybe now someone can finally get a slot.

Performance reviews that are tailored to your needs and easy to customize as your needs change.

Bewertet am 19.4.2016
Janet S.
HR Administrator

Kommentare: Pros: Reviewsnap is the first Performance Management System our company has used. We did a thorough search for products that would meet our needs and budget, and Reviewsnap was the best value. They helped us tailor the program to our specific situation, and worked with us to iron out any kinks if things didn't go the way we thought they would. The tech team made sure they understood our needs, and kept at it until we had the system operating as our COO requested. The tech support is highly responsive and knowledgeable, and gets answers for us in a timely manner. Our Customer Service Representative has provided help and answers for us as we have evolved in our review process. She has gone out of her way to train our managers on a one-on-one basis if needed to make sure they understand the system. The system is easy to customize when our company updates our performance procedures. Reviewsnap also uses feedback from users of the system to make updates and improvements. The product is a great value financially for our small company.
Cons: Our problems mainly result from lack of engagement from managers. We have automated our review process in the past 3 years, so the culture is difficult to shift from a more 'free for all' format. Because of this, there is some resistance to actually learning the program fully. There are some technical features that do require frequent use to become familiar, so we have to train some people more frequently on how to use the system. But most managers are extremely good at using Reviewsnap, and find it very easy and intuitive.
Overall, getting buy in from your management team is essential in any performance review system. Reviewsnap is a valuable tool our company uses to track performance and stay on top of goals for the team. I recommend it highly.

Reviewsnap Administrator for 2 years - very pleased!

Bewertet am 18.11.2014
Melissa H.
Bau

Vorteile: The customer service that we receive from Reviewsnap is fabulous. The individual that took us through the sales process became our relationship manager, so there was never a handoff or any time/knowledge lost in a transition. She is extremely responsive and always goes above and beyond to ensure that the software meets our needs.

Nachteile: Reviewsnap is a standalone product, so the only negative that I would say about it is that it's a separate system from others that we have in our company (ex: applicant tracking system, customer management software, etc.). It is one more login for our employees to keep track of. Our typical employee utilizes the system infrequently, which means that some individuals forget their login information and need to have it resent to them each time they are asked to complete something in the system.

Amazing Product

Bewertet am 31.1.2015
Karen Y.

Kommentare: In my over 25 years of Human Resource Management, ReviewSnap is the FIRST performance review program that I have found to be 1) user friendly for everyone (not just the administrator), 2) incredibly flexible and customizable (to your standards, not theirs) and 3) with an amazing support team. It is difficult to select only a few features that are my favorite so I'll minimize for my peers that may be considering the product: 1) The system provides your managers sample phrases to use in the event they are not very wordy when it comes to praise/correction; additionally, the Authoricheck helps YOU prevent inappropriate statements being made.
2) The system notifies your managers of due dates and sends reminders - you no longer have to track your managers down!
3) You can have as few or as many review templates as you like - we generally develop by department but you can get as involved as by job.
The only "kink" (and it's so minor I hate to call it a kink) is that the process can be a little confusing when a review is completed - it is human nature to click "continue" when you have finished something but that erases in place signatures at the end of the process. However, once you learn the system and realize that the signatures themselves "continue" the process, the issue resolves itself. I am proud to be a user and a reseller for this product. I never hesitate to introduce the product to our clients!

Pretty pleased with it

Bewertet am 18.6.2018
Associate Director, BIMForum
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It is fairly straightforward to use. I like the journal entries feature, to log good feedback and notable successes on a daily basis instead of trying to remember them the day before my review is due.

Nachteile: I have found it somewhat tricky to complete the review finalization process - every year I struggle to find how to send it on to my supervisor. That process could be a bit more straightforward in my opinion. Also I think it should save text automatically as you start typing to minimize the potential to accidentally navigate away from the page and lose your work.

User-Friendly.

Bewertet am 19.11.2014
Anita L.
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung

Vorteile: You create your own review templates, frequency of reviews and scoring range and description. This is not a you have to pay to add on an additional feature like some vendors. Also, instead of deleting past employees, you simply deactivate them. We have been with ReviewSnap over five years. In that time, there have been many excellent updates and improvements to the system. I love the Supervisor Guide and Administrator Guide. It took me awhile to get the supervisors to start using the Journal Entries function. Now that they do, they see the advantage in being able to add noteworthy events, training, etc., throughout the review period and spend less time trying to gather information together to put in the review.

Nachteile: Nothing. The issues that were there when we first signed up were issues that the vendor later improved on in the updates. The updates were all positive and did not create a burden on the user.

Great product, amazing representative

Bewertet am 3.2.2015
Katherine G.
HR Specialist

Kommentare: Our overall experience with ReviewSnap has been great. Although we were very happy with what the product offers out of the box, we really like to have the flexibility of customization. We have received great feedback from our users on the ease of use and ability to access the system from any location. We firmly believe that our positive experience is not only because you have a great product, but mainly because we have an excellent representative, Ms. Gloria Giron. Ms. Giron is very professional and knowledgeable with this product. She responds promptly to calls, emails and requests, she is very thorough with her responses and she takes the time to teach and explain why or how things work. When she was on vacation, we received assistance from other representatives who were not as knowledgeable and who did not always respond in a timely manner. Needless to say, we are very happy and appreciative with her hard work and dedication to our company. The only area of improvement I can think of is the response time from developers, we feel that at times Gloria had to continuously follow up with them to get a response on quotes. Regardless and thanks to Gloria, this slight deficiency did not take away from our experience as she was very persistent with her follow up.

Our company implemented Reviewsnap for our 2015 performance management reviews and goals.

Bewertet am 27.4.2016
Nancy B.
VP, HR

Kommentare: Very easy to implement; extremely flexible in setup; we customized templates for three employee classes. The list of competency groups is so comprehensive and the individual competencies allow for so many different levels - it was very easy to put together review templates that were more meaningful to our employees.
Love that performance management of competencies, goals, journal entries are all in one place. And that multiple people can view journal entries and kudos; love the kudos.
Goal setting is easy to do.
Would like even more capabilities with cascading goals, but part of that is training within our company.
The support given by Reviewsnap staff is excellent. They are very responsive and helpful and spend time to help you understand the system very thoroughly.
Our employees loved how easy it was to use. Simple things like having individual file folders with employee pictures is really nice, too.
We are very pleased with Reviewsnap and will begin to utilize the compensation module to make it even more comprehensive and useful. Like that you can install one module at a time, so users can get familiar with it.
Great feedback from management team and employees as well.

ReviewSnap Review

Bewertet am 24.12.2014
Hailie S.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Vorteile: ReviewSnap is very easy to use and extremely user-friendly. The program has all the functionality we need without the bells and whistles we do not. ReviewSnap gave us a dedicated account rep that has been there to support us over the last three years in making changes to our account and increasing our usage of their features. The product is also extremely customizable. Because it is web-based, it keeps a record that you can access from anywhere. Based on my research, the price was also very competitive for what they offer.

Nachteile: Over the last three years, ReviewSnap has continued to improve and implemented many of the changes we have requested.

ReviewSnap is up and coming as a online performance review system

Bewertet am 17.2.2010
Don J.
Training Coordinator

Kommentare: A good product that is getting better all the time. Well worth looking at for the price.

Vorteile: We looked at a lot of products most in the 20k-30k range that were bloated with bells and whistles and cradle to grave solutions. We only wanted a performance review system. With ReviewSnap that's what we got. They had standard templates but we wanted one for every job title abd it was easy to do by copying a basic template with our core competencies and modifying it with specific essential functions for each of the 85 job titles we have. The customer service has been available and responsive to our questions and needs and they have implemented several things that we thought would make the product better. I'm sure some were in the works already but it was nice to see your suggestions come to fruition. There are still a few things that would improve the product but it seems they are working on it.

Nachteile: All cons I have found have been quickly resolved by the company.

New Version of Reviewsnap

Bewertet am 15.11.2018
Lori C.
Senior HR Administrator
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The ability to view all employees in one place instead of the folder view that was in the old version.
Ease of use for Managers to complete the review process.

Vorteile: The new version is easier to use and has more features

Nachteile: The Administrator Snap shot should have a bit more detail, it shows you a graph but I think it should have the ability to click on the graph and drill down. Such as for late reviews so that you can see specifically in a quick look which reviews are late.

Reviewsnap is a great product and customer service is top-notch!

Bewertet am 25.11.2014
Quanita P.
Philanthropie

Vorteile: Reviewsnap is very user-friendly and customizable. What I liked best is that we were able to work with the Reviewsnap implementation team to create exactly what we needed and what worked for the organization. In addition, the 360 and compensation module came with the service. Reveiwsnap handled all of the training at our HQ office and our multiple field offices. There were no hidden costs.

Nachteile: The multiple screen options were a little difficult for us to get used to. Sometimes you have to dig a little before finding exactly what you need.

ReviewSnap Review

Bewertet am 9.7.2009
Anita L.
HR Director

Kommentare: Would recommend to any company that would like a review system that is easy to use and reasonably priced.

Vorteile: Ease of use. I Like that you can customize your own templates with competencies and specific tasks. Like the email notifications of upcoming reviews and notifications when completed. Customer support is very good. They respond quickly. Love that they listen to their customers and actually do incorporate updates based on reasonable requests versus rolling out annual or semi-annual upgrades. As it relates to passwords, I like that as Administrator, I can re-set forgotten or locked passwords and that the users can choose and re-set their own. I love that you don't have to re-set them every 60-90 days.

Nachteile: Can't show you the date the review was completed in the review status report. You have to view the completed review to find it.

Reviewsnap Web-based Performance Management Software

Bewertet am 18.11.2014
Pat B.

Vorteile: I like the cost and ease of use.

Nachteile: I've been a subscriber of this product and have worked with the same vendor contact since August, 2010. I've no issues with either. The product does what I signed on for, and my vendor contact has always timely responded whenever I have had a question.

Review Snap - A superb product and excellent client friendly experience.

Bewertet am 30.1.2015
Daniel H.
Chiel Financial Officer

Kommentare: I was recommended to Review Snap with glowing references. They not only met but significantly surpassed my expectations. The product is excellent and can be tailored easily to individual companies requirements. The cost was also very competitive. The most impressive thing for me was the customer service. The time and effort made by our account representative to create a specific evaluation process for us was quite remarkable. He went over the whole process step by step setting up the templates, creating the year end process and working with me as the process was going on and completed. As it was the first time I was doing an on line evaluation process I was constantly contacting him for help. There was a never question or issue too small for him. Overall a fantastic experience and I would highly recommend review snap to anyone looking for an on line evaluation tool.