Acceptable project management software

Joseph P.
Digital Marketing Specialist

Kommentare: Again I think at the time it's a fine software because it's all we know but maybe actually start listening to what your customers have to say as far as recommendations go and do less support chats on "how it needs to be performed." Look for solutions that make using your platform easier. Your software's job is to keep your customers work flow in check and I don't feel like it proactively does any of that.

Vorteile: I think the software does it's job for the most part. It has folders and users and there is some customization. It's all me or my company knows for project management at the moment.

Nachteile: But when we look at what year we are in and what my company is spending on this software - what technological advances are being made? What about a more intuitive platform that notifies team members when they fall behind on a task. How come it takes forever to load certain tasks (...still)? How come the search feature is incredibly slow and shows poor results? How come old tasks are harder to open than the biggest bank in England?

von Disarea an 12.2.2019

The new interface is coming out soon. It handles large amount of data better and comes with a lot of small and big improvements,

Each user will be able to switch to and from the new interface at any time.

Deadline notifications can be turned on via the settings menu (individual settings):

Great Task Management for Teams

Bewertet am 14.3.2019
Jenn M.
Account Manager

Kommentare: As a marketing agency, we've been using 5PM for years as a team, and actually went away from it and came back after trying at least 5 other systems. It's the only one that does everything we need, quickly and easily.

Vorteile: After working with 5PM for a long time, I really like how easy it is to give my team exactly what they need, all in one place. I can include deadlines, assign tasks easily, and even chat with my team right from the interface. I like that the WYSIWYG interface is always improving, so that I can quickly build bulleted lists, copy and paste formatted content and link to outside sources.

Nachteile: Sometimes when you have a lot of projects (like hundreds) it can get a little slow, but there are ways to keep it moving fast and the support team is always great about getting back to you quickly when there is a problem.

von Disarea an 19.3.2019

We have the new interface coming out soon. It handles large number of projects better, using progressive loading.

- 5pm Team

A best in class tool for small business project mgt

Ross B.
Co-Owner/Director of Business Development
Verlagswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have looked at dozens of project mgt tools to manage my editorial team, business development team, manage tasks and projects and have found none better than 5pm. It strikes the perfect balance between ease of use and necessary functionality.

Vorteile: Just about everything. The interface is attractive and intuitive, and the tool does just everything I need it to manage a team of 14 editors and hundreds of projects through a sometimes-complex series of steps to ready a manuscript for publication. The ability to clone tasks without porting all the content is helpful, and I love the fast load times and super reliable cloud-based access from any computer. Document manament is very easy too.

Nachteile: Only that there's no way (that I'm aware of, anyway) for users to confirm that they have received a message. A "like" button or something folks on the task team can click to confirm receipt and reading would be good.

Organization is Key

Bewertet am 14.3.2019
Graphic Designer
Design, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Im able to complete design work in a VERY organized manner. So grateful!

Vorteile: I love the ability to track my time precisely, the 5pm Time Tracking Widget is a GOD SEND ! Im very pleased with the fact that I'm able to leave notes in project tasks, and I'm also able to make changes to those tasks. My productivity levels are through the roof !

Nachteile: The one and ONLY con that comes to mind, is the design of the software. Its very dated and archaic. It would be awesome if it was updated to be more visually stimulating.

von Disarea an 14.3.2019

The new design will be released soon. You can preview it here:

Contact support [at] 5pmweb.com to get access to it now. You will be able to switch between new and current interface.

Easy for Work

Lizzie S.
Luxury Sales Manager
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: 5pm is a good communication channel for our company. We have overseas offices that we communicate with via 5pm every day, and it's a seamless and efficient process!

Nachteile: The search feature is difficult to use, which is quite a disadvantage because it's something that everyone uses each day. Additionally, the mobile app isn't that easy to use.

von Disarea an 11.2.2019

The new interface is coming out soon. We plan to look into search improvements too.

Please contact our support to have the new interface enabled for your account right away. Each user will be able to switch to and from the new interface at any time.

About the iOS app - please contact our support with the issues you are having and we will try to address them ASAP.

- 5pm Support

Simple and effective

Director of Web Services and New Media
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: 5pm allows my marketing department to keep track of many projects of different kinds (print, web, email, and more) with many of the same assets organized in one place. Also can allow clients access so they can view projects and needs. Good product -- not super complicated and maybe doesn't have ALL the features of some others, but has all the things you need.

Vorteile: 5pm is a good example of a project management tool that doesn't try to do everything -- just the one thing and do it well. Learning curve is easy but it still has all the functions you need.

Nachteile: The project keyword search needs some advanced features.

von Disarea an 8.2.2019

Please email our support with the search issues you are having. We are in the process of extending the search functions...

Bewertet am 13.2.2019
Full Stack Developer

Kommentare: Overall, I love 5pm. I think it's a top shelf product. We've tried a number of project management tools over the years, but always come back to 5pm!

Vorteile: The organization is nice. The ability to monitor user activity is very helpful in our time management. The standalone time keeper is also a great solution!

Nachteile: The load times can be a little slow at times. I understand that this is due to our large volume of projects, but I think some sort of implemented lazy load might help!

von Disarea an 14.2.2019

New interface with progressive loading is coming out soon. It is available as a beta now. Contact support [at] 5pmweb.com to get access to it.

Simple web platform keeps all projects in one place

Bewertet am 11.2.2019
Belinda E.
Director, Marketing and Communications
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My team is more efficient than ever. Every morning we all get an email that lists all projects and deadlines. I can't imagine organizing our work without it!

Vorteile: With a small team and multiple projects on the go, 5pm makes it easy to monitor everything in the queue and to know where they are in the production phase. The implementation of this tool was lifechanging!

Nachteile: We don't use all the functionality. It would be nice if it were easy for clients to place orders direct rather than filling out a project request form.

A Solid Project Management Tool

Bewertet am 20.2.2019
Mitchum O.
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It works. I have never experienced any technical glitches.

Vorteile: I've been using 5pmweb for several years now, and it is a solid project management tool. I like the gaant charting feature.

Nachteile: The design does not do it justice. It has a lot of great features, but the design is frankly extremely outdated. it is weird that when you reply via email the post gets added to the thread, but people on that thread don't get notified. That is resulted in missed messages, which requires that we go into 5pmweb regularly to check all the open tickets to make sure no new notes have been added via email reply.

von Disarea an 22.2.2019

In the settings there is a flag called "Deliver email responses to all Notified people" - you can turn it on to include everybody in an email response.

New interface is out as a closed beta. Herer is the preview: https://demov2.5pmweb.com/

Please contact our Support if you want it enabled for your account.

Jesus R.
System Administrator

Kommentare: We keep track of 3 company branches and we use the ticketing system to track new user setups, projects, power outtages, phone repair/upgrade/replacement tickets, etc. You prettry much create your own category and create subtasks. It has helped us in organizing our projects and workflow.

Vorteile: I liked the tree like structure as in a file structure.

Nachteile: when searching for old projects/tickets, if they are closed and you decide to open one then your current view gets screwed up and you have to configure it again to only show open/active tickets.

5pm. Equally as good as the time I leave work.

IT Support Specialist
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The software is easy to use. I use the software for hours a day and have nothing bad to say, even after using it for 2 1/2 years.

Nachteile: Maybe a more modern look would do. Other than that I dig the software!

von Disarea an 8.2.2019

About modern look. We have the new interface coming out. You can preview it here:

Please contact our support if you want it enabled for your account early. You and users in your 5pm account will be able to switch to the new interface whenever they want, as well as switch back.

Krystiana E.
Digital Account Manager

Vorteile: Once you get past a learning curve, it becomes second nature. It's easy to keep track of items and find certain tasks.

Nachteile: It gets glitchy sometimes. Like if I open another window with 5pm it will affect how the window is shown. Takes a long time to load. And again there is a learning curve. It takes a lot to get used to. Some things are not self explanatory.

von Disarea an 11.2.2019

The new interface is coming out soon. It works much better with multiple windows of 5pm open.

Great Project Management Tool

Sadye M.
Senior Account Manager

Vorteile: I like how it is organized and the features it offers with reporting and time tracking. It's great for collaborating with a team.

Nachteile: Sometimes the program is laggy and often times it makes me refresh the page and resign in after a period of time of not using the program.

von Disarea an 8.2.2019

Try to switch to the new interface via "settings" - it handles large data in your account better.

Also, we can also help you clean up the old data to speed the things up.

Lots of value packed in one little program

Schreiben & Editieren, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Handy program keeps my business moving. Contractors all over the world can log in and access the tools they need to get their job done.

Vorteile: 5PM is intuitive to use. We use it for job assignment in an agile shop--lots of little jobs go to lots of different contractors. We can give each user access to all of the tools they need to get their job done--in Dropbox, Google Drive, Office 365, linking all the resources together.

Nachteile: The customer support is so good, there's nothing to dislike. If there's something I'd like to see, they'll figure out a way to get it to me. The reporting system is a little confusing, but I haven't spent any time trying to read the documentation, so with a little effort it's all there.

make team management easy and smooth

Bewertet am 20.3.2019
Ren R.
Technologist
E-Learning, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I like using 5 pm, and it helps me manage multiple projects at the same time.

Vorteile: I like the software because it helps my team to easily track our work progress, which can potentially help us to decide time and budget in the future.

Nachteile: Sometimes, it is not very organized, and it would be helpful if 5pm provides more categories.

von Disarea an 1.4.2019

Did you try to use Tags for categories?

- 5pm Team

Good system for team project management

Bewertet am 28.1.2019
Rachel W.
Communication Coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great - I loved it as a system, and it was very easy to learn.

Vorteile: 5pm offers great ability to create a variety of projects, assign various teams to those projects, and then assign workflows for those teams to follow. It's easy to pass the project off to the next necessary person, and the 5pm emails that you can set up make it easy to know when something is in your court. It's an easy interface to get to know from the outset too. The ability to chat with others within the system is a nice to have feature (not a must have in my opinion, but nice!), and I know many of my teammates used the time tracker feature too and loved it (though I did not).

Nachteile: File storage wasn't my favorite, but not awful. I do not recall other big "cons."

von Disarea an 30.1.2019

Thank you for your feedback!

Did you experience issues with the file storage?

We have the new interface coming out, hopefully you will find it even more easy to use.

My experience with 5PM

Roni R.
Implementation Specialist

Kommentare: Tracking our software implementations is much easier

Vorteile: I really like the ease with which you can use a template to import new projects as it saves our company a lot of time as projects for us are almost identical, varying only by different customers, modules purchased, dates to start etc. I also love the ease with which you can print or export the whole project, all tasks, sub-tasks etc

Nachteile: Changing the dates of the parent project or a task within it does not always realign the due dates for the the dependent tasks which can be frustrating.

von Disarea an 12.2.2019

You can also clone existing projects to create new ones like them...

Please contact our support with the issues you are having with parent task date changes...
support [at] 5pmweb.com

5pm

Chris R.
Front-end Developer

Kommentare: 5pm's customer service is great. I have talked to them directly via email and they respond within a few minutes. I also hear they are working on a new version of the software that will be out soon.

Vorteile: 5pm is a key tool in my daily task management. It is simple to use and has a lot of administrative features.

Nachteile: Some of the layout of the software could use some updating, like the pop up windows when you enter messages.

von Disarea an 11.2.2019

The new interface is coming out soon. There are no popups there when adding messages, and it has many other improvements.

Works Great

Bewertet am 13.3.2019
Mark G.
Director or Web and Audience Development
Verlagswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall very happy.

Vorteile: 5pm works great for keeping our team on track and managing deadlines. We have have never had an issue with the software. It does just what we want it to do, manage projects internally. Keep up the good work guys.

Nachteile: Could be a couple of bucks cheaper for what you get.

The Best Project Organizer Available

Bewertet am 27.2.2019
Butch B.
Sales
Maschinerie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Seamless accessibility and communication between engineering, sales and management

Vorteile: Extremely user friendly and ease of accessibility

Nachteile: A little dated in appearance, but for what it's used for, appearance is not a priority

von Disarea an 28.2.2019

We have the new interface coming out. You can preview it here: https://demov2.5pmweb.com

Excellent program

Bewertet am 8.2.2019
Jan B.
Consultant
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy to use and collaborate with other people anywhere in the world

Nachteile: The reports, I would like modify reports to fit my needs. The ability to mark tasks as "invoiced". I send invoices to my clients f.ex once a month, but some task are running for longer periods. I would like to mark the tasks I invoice that, and the rest of tasks unmarked. Next invoice I will know which tasks and how many hours I can bill my clients.

Excellent Software - I have been using it since its start

Bewertet am 8.2.2019
Pantelis P.
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Amazing on all aspects. My whole business and personal life is organized around 5pm

Vorteile: Ease of use. Loads everything in a new window. Time saving

Nachteile: At the moment there is nothing i dont like.
When we have something we report it to the 5pm guys and they take care of it immediately.

5pm review

Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Organizing jobs, job tasks and details pertaining to jobs. It also keeps an archive of past jobs which is helpful if I need to re-order or check on something.

Vorteile: It helps me keep everything organized, including completed jobs for billing.

Nachteile: There isn't anything that I'm not pleased with.

Nice system to manage tasks and simple project, good value

Bewertet am 13.3.2019
Director, Technology

Kommentare: Overall easy to use. really good value for the features and price. great for simple project and task management.

Vorteile: A good pm software to manage simple project, tasks, and ticket.

Nachteile: doesn't hand tasks dependence. doesn't handle agile project process. mobile app not so great.

Review 5p.m.

Bewertet am 21.2.2019
Celeste K.
Senior Associate Director
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like that everything is organized into folders.

Nachteile: I don't like having to download everything to view it. I would prefer to view it in the platform itself and then download if I need to. I'd also like to make edits directly in the platform too.