Fixed Assets CS - sophisticated but user friendly

Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Nathalie M.
tax accountant
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I had a very positive experience with Fixed Assets, there is a lot to learn, but it's worth it because the program is capable of a lot. I would advise, if there isn't already, a very basic step-by-step user manual. I know there are tutorial videos, but videos, whether I'm watching it for my training purposes or having someone else who's training watch, are ineffective. I want something solid that I can quickly grab and refer to when I encounter a block or impasse and need to solve quickly.

Vorteile: I liked how organized the software would list each asset and how, based on the type of asset you added, Fixed Asset CS could automatically trigger the correct depreciation method. It was also very easy to cut and paste assets if you entered them in the incorrect activity. Reflecting a sale was very intuitive with the "Mass disposition" feature. Reports printed very clearly. Preparing business property tax returns was also very easy to do - Overall, Fixed Assets CS is a very sophisticated and helpful program.

Nachteile: Sometimes it felt a little too complicated for its own good. There is a lot of initial setting up you have to do when you set up a new client (i.e. layout and presentation of the depreciation schedule) which, unless you're familiar with the program, can result in a lot of trial and error. Mainly, I didn't like how I couldn't be in the entity's tax return at the same time. I know there was a way to access assets through the tax return but Fixed Assets CS had many more options, so i preferred working in that application when adding assets.

Tracking assets is a pain in the depreciation

Bewertet am 13.3.2018
Peter S.
Staff Accountant/IT
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: When our firm has to enter more than 5 or so assets into a tax return we use this software to track them instead of our tax software. This simplifies the process for companies with a lot of assets. One of our firms' managers is very impressed with the software even though he has used other competitors out there and this one is the best he has used, in his opinion. There are LOTS of options for how to depreciate assets and you can even set up custom options for just about everything in the software. We had some training recently where we discovered areas of the software that we haven't even tapped into yet so it is VERY robust.

Nachteile: It requires logging in and this is fine - but setting up accounts and users can be problematic since they moved to a PIN system rather than our zip code and it took 3 of us in the office and several days of trying to figure it out (a few hours a day). It was a little less than pleasant experience even though it should have been seamless.

Great Depreciation Software

Bewertet am 6.11.2019
Kevin T.
Staff Accountant
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It allows me to calculate the depreciation and amortization of various assets easily and efficiently.

Vorteile: I used Fixed Assets daily at work. I can add various equipment/furnishings purchases, and it will calculate the depreciation expense for me.

Nachteile: It can be complicated at times to tie the numbers to the books, as there are sometimes rounding issues from conversion, but otherwise there is nothing I dislike about this software.

Great Depreciation Software for Accounting

Bewertet am 2.5.2019
Kevin T.
Staff Accountant
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I use Fixed Assets CS daily, and it is very easy to input assets and calculate depreciation. It does all the calculations for you after entering the information. We really like it.

Nachteile: There is nothing I dislike about this software.

Decent Fixed Assets Software

Bewertet am 5.1.2019
Controller
Buchhaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Used for preparing client financial statements and tax returns. Saved time entering asset related information on tax returns by importing to tax software quickly.

Vorteile: Tax depreciation options work well and can be integrated with CS tax prep software relatively easily. Add and removing assets is relatively simple.

Nachteile: Can be difficult to navigate actions to perform on fixed asset data. Moderate learning curve to operate and accurately maintain asset listing.

Great for Tax Use

Bewertet am 23.2.2019
Caleb K.
Tax Preparer
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I found the software to be very easy to use and apply for tax preparation. As a tax preparer, I was able to use the depreciation output and easily plug the numbers into my tax software. It helps make depreciation easier.

Nachteile: I wish the software gave a little more guidance on asset lives. That may be the biggest issue I've found in that classifying assets can be difficult.

Quality

Bewertet am 24.7.2019
Mark S.
CFO
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This is the best fixed asset keeping software out there. It is good for both intermediate and advanced accounting professionals.

Nachteile: There are constant updates to the software, making it slightly challenging to keep up with the new additions.

Fixed Assets CS

Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Natalie S.
accountant
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It helps us keep track of asset depreciation history.

Vorteile: We have this in combination with Ultratax Cs and helps in depreciation management and asset accounting.

Nachteile: The cons of this software is that we are unable to use with Mac computers. Also doesn't leave an audit trail.

Very functional but hard to use

Bewertet am 10.5.2019
Student
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: This software has a large amount of functionality and it is a great way to manage fixed assets and to track depreciation.

Nachteile: The program is very hard to use​ and can be very frustrating.

Gets the job done

Bewertet am 13.11.2019
Kyle J.
Assurance Staff
Buchhaltung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software gets the job done, and is relatively easy to use.

Vorteile: This software is a great way to track fixed assets and their depreciation. The system is pretty basic and easy to use.

Nachteile: This software can run very slow at times, and needs to be updated to be more aesthetically pleasing.