Über Amicus Attorney

Die Kanzleiverwaltungssoftware Amicus integriert deine Informationen in ein einziges System, um Effizienz und Rentabilität zu verbessern.

Erfahre mehr über Amicus Attorney

The billing feature is very cumbersome and is not easy to use. The billing templates are terrible and you must have extensive knowledge of Report Builder to modify the templates or to create new ones.

Bewertungen zu Amicus Attorney

3,6
3,4
3,6
3,3

Amicus Attorney hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 196 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Amicus Attorney bereits verwendet?

Terence
Terence
Consultant, Facilitator in USA

Amicus Attorney is my favorite software. Period. I have used it for many years, and it's fun.

I actually look forward to pulling up the program (it reminds me of the best secretary/paralegal I have ever had). Everything is at hand, and connected to anything I need to do, whatever task is immediately at hand. It is flexible enough to accommodate interruptions in work, and powerful enough to take on every task I need to perform. When I was practicing full-time, my overhead was 30% while generally in the profession 40% to 60% was considered normal. My billing hours went up dramatically, and my family time increased commensurately. The tech support has alway been terrific. I had been practicing for several years before the personal computer was introduced, and I am not a computer wiz. When I needed tech support they were always on time and always fast and effective in sorting whatever I needed. The online tutorials are also terrific - clear and easy to follow; allowed me to use advanced features initially beyond my ability. This is a great program backed by a solid company with real integrity. I is always a pleasure to do business with them.

Paying for it, of course. Worth the money, though in increased billing hours and increased time with my family. Several years ago there was an separate accounting add-on, which I used and did not like at all. I am not sophisticated in accounting principles or software. Tech support was good, but I ended up doing it the old fashioned way (hired someone).

Doreen
Service Manager in USA

Worth the Investment

Amicus Attorney offers a comprehensive case management solution tailored for legal professionals. Its intuitive interface streamlines tasks, making law practice management significantly more efficient. While the integration features with other software are commendable, there's a slight learning curve for beginners. Nevertheless, Amicus Attorney stands out as a worthy investment for firms seeking to modernize their operations.

Ways to make some notes stand out would be helpful

vor 9 Monaten

Doreen, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience working with Amicus Attorney. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

Roger
Roger
Partner in Kanada

I have been using Amicus Attorney since 1996. I love/hate it.

Amicus integrates your calendar, contacts, email, phone calls and matters and reminds you to create docket entries for all appointments, emails, calls, documents, etc. The beauty and economic benefit of the software is that it helps you to capture your time and to keep you organized. Over the years, Amicus has added things like Amicus mobile (which allows you to access features from your mobile device or any web browser) and a client portal (which allows you to permit clients to access certain information). I have always considered the most important element of the software to be the communications module. If you turn on email integration and make notes of all of your calls using the software, you can quickly review what has been happening in a case by turning to the communications module. You won't forget to docket your time for all those communications.

While many other features have been added, the developers have not made material improvements to the communications module since email integration was added in about 2001. Obvious improvements have been needed since then. For instance, you cannot access scanned or faxed letters from the communications module. These can be added and viewed in the documents module and in a chronology module (added in about 2015), but neither option is not ideal. Flipping through communications should be as easy as flipping the pages of a paper file, but it's not. It is the organizational equivalent of having one file folder with your emails and phone calls, and another file folder with your faxes and letters. You have to flip from one folder to the other to view each. Also, you should be able to filter communications. For instance, you should be able to display only client communications, or only counsel communications, but you can't (even though there is a field for role on file for each contact attached to a file). The chronology module will put everything including all communications and documents (including letters and faxes) in chronological order, but you can't filter the chronology to show only communications (it will also show every document, docket, calendar appointment, etc.). I have looked at alternative practice management software several times over the years and haven't seen one that I am adequately attracted to want to make what would be a painful change.

Catherine
Office Manager / Legal Assistant in USA

Amicus Performance

Kommentare: I have used Amicus Attorney in the past and have always been happy with the efficiency it offers. I am the administrator and daily user of the program. The billing program is easy to use and the organization of client's files is a time saver.

The efficiency. The program for billing is easy to operate. The management of client's files is essential to our practice. Being able to add all contacts to a file is a time saver when working with same.

Nothing I can recall at this moment. I so far have not had a bad experience with this program.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Legal Assistant in USA

An Aging Software

Kommentare: Overall, Amicus is a solid case management software, but given their choice to switch to a model that does not truly have their customer's best interests in mind, it was simply not a software we could continue to use or support.

I have used this software for over two years at the law firm I work for. Ultimately, the software does everything we need it to do and them some: track case development, client information, time spent, etc. The software served its purpose well and has kept our firm organized and up to speed with all our cases.

While we have a large database of clients and still depend upon Amicus day-to-day for our older cases, we ultimately made the switch for other case management software a year ago, for one sole reason. Price. While Abacus decided to go the route of so many other similar products and only offer a subscription-based model, this was not something that ultimately suited our needs, and we had to cut ties.

Antwort von CARET

Dear Jeremy, Thank you so much for taking the time to review Amicus Attorney. We're so glad the software meets your needs. While we're sad to hear your firm switched to another case management system, we want you to know we're committed to providing our clients with exceptional value. Please feel free to reach out with any additional comments. Warmly, Katie Ternes Marketing Coordinator AbacusNext (858) 882-4882

Managing Partner in USA

Exchange with QB is lacking

Kommentare: 6/10 overall.

Cost effect client management and time keeping software.

I don't like the way that the client trusts reports are printed and the inability to customize the reports. It makes 3-way trust reconciliation difficult.

Anthony
Anthony
Attorney in USA

Good software that could be great

Kommentare: Paperless offices require careful organization and this program provides a good platform. It is a little pricey, but their customer support is great.

The interface is well designed, it does a good job of maintaining data integrity. I feel that it does allow me to keep fairly organized, and it is helpful as far answering the phone and being able to get right on top of things, it is great. The sync with Outlook works most of the time, and it does a nice job with duplicates. The time keeping seems to catch almost everything, but needs improvement.

There are two possible setups, I think I chose the wrong one for my situation. If you have a "split" setup then unless you are on your network, you cannot do a lot of necessary things --such as generate documents, The handy tool that pulls up all your documents that you will need at trial, you guessed it. Finally, there are things that should be easier to do, such as copy complete tables of data.

Richard M.
Principal Solicitor in Kanada

Amicus Critique

Kommentare: I have used various versions of Amicus continuously since 1999. When it works it is very good. The program kind of reminds me of the General Motors cars that my parents used to buy. Every car had it issues. GM always promised that next year's care would be trouble free and better than ever. But it never happened. I keep Amicus because there is to my knowledge nothing better in marketplace and because the cost of replacement is probably not justified. However the Amicus program that I use is still very flawed.

I like it because it organizes me. It is easy to use (when it works) and very logical.

I am unhappy with the many flaws and quirks of the system. If you buy it you will have to become best friends with a really smart computer geek who will be able to sort out the many idiosyncrasies of the system. It crashes routinely. I am happy that I pay my computer technician a fixed monthly fee because otherwise I would be in financial trouble.

Gregory
Gregory
Partner in USA

Tech support is slow and usually never calls back

I like the overall software. However, for the cost, the accounting side is lacking, and the tech support is horrible. For the price of this software, I expect more.

The cost and the tech support. If you are going to double the cost of the software, you should at least have good tech support. The last couple of times I have called in I was told my issue needed advanced technical support. I have still not had a call back, even though I was promised a call back in 24 hours. I have had to hire an outside consultant at my expense to fix this problem. I have difficulty justifying paying a monthly subscription fee for this horrible support. I would love an answer to this, but when I ask on tech support calls they have no response.

Laurie
Paralegal/IT/Full-Charge Bookkeeper in USA

For our purposes, this software does everything that most the firm members expect of it.

The calendaring feature works as expected, and all members associated with that event are able to see the event on their calendar and make any changes or updates to it, as necessary. The telephone feature works, even if you don't have your phone system connected to your computer, as it allows you to make notes and keep track of your billable time. The time entry assistant is really nice, as it allows you to identify items in your day that you may have overlooked for billing purposes.

Does not integrate as seamlessly with WordPerfect as I had hoped, an does not lend itself to some email providers other than outlook.

Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Amicus - Intuitive without Obtrusiveness!

Kommentare: The practice of law at any level is a business. As such the bottom line must always be considered. Amicus has saved money for the firm and has also made money for my practice. It has saved money by being so efficient that I have reduced staff. I no longer need a file clerk or an assistant to take time to organize my time, calendar, and tasks. Amicus does all those things automatically. Amicus has made money for the firm by automatically and efficiently creating time records and bills.

Amicus has allowed my firm to be at the forefront of our industry by enabling us to be completely paperless and meet the Federal and State efiling requirements. The automated document control features saves time by allowing us to skip the scan, save, move, paste, and name, routine of saving documents to locations where they can be found. Amicus does all those steps automatically, and in addition, has the capability of allowing you to preview documents in the Amicus file without even having to open them! The customization features allow you to make Amicus look and do the way you want tasks done. You do not have to conform to it, Amicus will conform to you. The creation of timeslips and billing will shock you in its ability to capture all your time. Reviewing and editing time entries is fast and easy. The publishing them to a bill is seamless and fast. The ability to preview and edit bills is efficient as well. And of course, you can customize your billing templates to make your bills look the way you want. The Client Portal is another firm saving feature. It allows you to give access to Clients to view documents, events, messages, that you select. I view it as a malpractice insurance feature! All communication is open to the Client. They can view their documents, their appointments, and can message you. It totally eliminates the complaint that, "I can't reach my lawyer." Everything is there for them to see. And again, only what you allow.

Amicus is a really great product. Little issues such as the Client Portal is a little finicky can be improved. It is a new feature and needs to allow Clients the ability to reset their password and to log on easier.

Heather

Great Client Management Software

Kommentare: Even despite the update issues, I think this is a great program and is extremely helpful in managing client files.

The best feature of this program is that it links all information to the client file. You click on the client's file and you can look up all timesheets, communications, appointments, events, tasks, deadlines, etc. This is an invaluable tool in the legal field!

The main complaint I have about this software is that it requires periodic updates which is fine in and of itself, but it is a huge process to update. Customer service gave me an instruction sheet on how to update the software and stated they do not help with the update. When I reviewed the instructions, they were only something an IT person could do. We are a small firm and I'm the one who does the computer work. I would say I'm fairly knowledgeable when it comes to computers, but the upgrades are extremely technical and definitely require IT. They did eventually do the updates for us after we called and complained and asked how they thought regular office people (not IT) could get through the instructions. This was my biggest issue with them.

Antwort von CARET

Dear Heather, Thank you so much for taking the time to review Amicus Attorney. Here are AbacusNext, providing quality products is very important to us, so we're very glad to hear we're delivering on that promise. Would it be okay with you if we post your review on our website? Feel free to reach out if you're interested in being part of a case study. All the best, Katie Ternes Marketing Coordinator AbacusNext (858) 882-4882

Richard
Attorney at Law in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Updates usually break things and do not fix things. A part I used over a decade ago still not fixed

Kommentare: Overall it is okay. I have not changed to another program due to the disruption and cost involved however, I am not sure I would but this product if just entering the market.

It helps keep everything in on place on a file and client making it easier to find. It is helpful in tracking your time so you can accurately bill your clients. It is good fro conflict checks which can be done in a minute or less if you keep information current. As with any product it depends upon you to keep the information correct and up to date.

Since being bought out by Abacus the tech support has dropped. Most issues my be upgraded as the person answering the telephone is doing nothing more than searching database as you can here them typing. When they do an update it generally does nothing but appearance changes while causing other features not to work. It also causes other prormas like Quickbooks to break.

Extremely Disappointing Result

Kommentare: Extremely disappointment service, product and cloud service via Abacus. I cannot recommend this prodcurt or service at all.

It's easy to use when it works. Most users can be up and running in a day.

The program has a huge problem with the accounting link between Amicus and QuickBooks. The link breaks multiple times per week. Abacus, the cloud provider for the product, has no way to easily fix the problem. You may have to wait literally for days and sometimes as long as a week for the tech support department to fix the problem. During that waiting period, you lose all accounting functionality. This is completely unacceptable. I've notified Amicus and Abacus multiple times and it is clear at this point and after nearly two years of this disappointing performance that the companies(neither Amicus nor Abacus) have any intention of resolving the problem. We have nearly 30 licenses and a fully staffed accounting department. Amiucs sold us their accounting software package representing that it would work. It does not work because of the constant disruption of the link with QuickBooks. I've been an Amicus client for nearly 18 years. We have made the decision to replace the product.

Sharon
Attorney/ Owner in Kanada
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

Case Management Companies are Ripping Us Off

Kommentare: I liked it a lot and used it since about 2001 or so, until they went to subscription. Now I still use my standalone Amicus Attorney program and continue to hope that it holds up over time.

Amicus Attorney was a wonderful program back when you could actually purchase the software. Great time and billing functions, great calendar and client/contact management, and just great overall legal case management. Then they switched to subscription only, and it basically quadrupled my overhead cost.

It was only about $399 or $499 per year for the first user license before it became a subscription, and you could get away with upgrading ever other year. Now an annual subscription is ~$828 per user, and you have no choice but to pay that every single year if you want to use the program. It’s highway robbery. Also, integration with Quickbooks has always been a bit rough, but it’s manageable once you figure out the quirks. I refuse to subscribe as the pricing is way too high. Now that they have all gone this route, there are few (if any) good and AFFORDABLE case management solutions for very small firms.

Daniel
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We capture a lot more billable time and central data provides easy case history. Someone can catch up on the file just by looking at history of events.

Cloud based availability everywhere. Invoice generation is simple. It is LEDES compatible.

Freezing/speed/connection reliability. Program will oftentimes cause you to lose an e-mail in the midst of generating it.

KENT

Needs some work......

Kommentare: Honestly, the prior Amicus program was much better than the online version. But I am making this one work.

I like that I can have all of my Clients and cases easily accessible.

The mobile app leaves a LOT to be desired. After a couple of years of use, I still can't see a calendar on my app or transfer my calendar to Outlook. I have also asked that the new company develop the ability to print a "NEW MATTER REPORT" like the old Amicus had. I received an email quite some time ago indicating that they had accepted my suggestion but this program still does not have that ability to my knowledge.

Andrew
Law Clerk, Amicus Administrator in Kanada
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Reliable service for years through upgrades and changes in our practice

Kommentare: Our firm has used Amicus since its early days and it has been a valuable addition to our practice, saving lawyers' time by making it easy to keep track of contacts, time, billing information, and for document generation. From an administrator perspective, it is easy to maintain and upgrade with good developer support and admin tools.

The core functionalities of Amicus are so ingrained in our firm's work process and so easy to use that most users take it for granted. Features added in recent years, such as Amicus Anywhere, give us confidence that Amicus is changing in the same direction as our firm while maintaining the core functionalities that we rely on.

Our worst problems with Amicus have always been caused by integration with third-party programs such as PCLaw and especially Outlook/Exchange. Integration is a huge part of what makes Amicus useful, however.

Cymry
Legal Admin in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I enjoy the function and possibilities. However, the customer service leaves something to be desired

Kommentare: Calendar, file maintenance. easy access to electronic file. easy note-taking and tracking.

We use this software everyday and relay on it predominately for scheduling and file upkeep. We love the ability to log phone calls, share notes and the ability to quickly access important data about the case. I personally also love all the functions and options we have within the software.

Customer service always makes us feel like we're bothering them, frequently ignores our input or opinions. I often feel like they're talking down to me - even if I show them that something unusual is happening, they act like I'm over reacting and I should just deal with it. Its very frustrating and makes me feel like I should change services to a company that wants to have my patronage

Ann
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Customer service is great. Response to issues are handled quickly.

Kommentare: I am able to print labels, conflict check, do calendars, etc. in a much more time saving and efficient manner.

The database features for entering client data (i.e. name, matters, conflict check) in criminal cases and ability to run the reports we need, as well as the calendar. Also, love being able to print labels from the database.

Too many features that our firm will never use. We are a small firm and don't need linked forms, exhibits, etc. Maybe Abacus should offer the product with the ability to customize the product with items the firm will actually use. I know of several law firms in the area, including my previous employer that stopped using abacus because of all the new add ons and changes. Everyone really loved the older version.

Paulette
Legal Assistant in USA

Software Review

Kommentare: We are able to exchange all information for a client between PCLaw and Amicus. Cuts down on the double re-entries. I can attach files to the contact for quick reference. Clients are able to have their copies of pleadings and correspondence, cuts down on mailing expense.

The calendar. Ease of creating an event and tagging files to the event.

When setting a new appointment I can not go to new contact and fill in that information and tag it to the Soderstrom New Client File and then when the new client hires us and I open a new file in PCLaw and do the exchange, Amicus creates a new contact and now I have two contacts for the same person. It would be nice if there was some way to merge the contacts into one and then I would only have to enter the information once.

Amicus Attorney Software

The ability to integrate your emails, calendar, reminders, and case load all in one is what sets amicus apart. Whenever I have had a problem the support team has acted promptly and efficiently. Very courteously as well.

Many of the features take to much time to set up. As a small firm, we do not have a separate IT department and simply cannot deploy amicus to its full potential. Also, I have seen staff become overwhelmed with the software. Training can be tedious.

Antwort von CARET

Dear Michael, Thank you for taking the time to review Amicus Attorney. We're glad to hear you're enjoying the integrations! It's also good to hear our support team acted quickly and professionally to resolve the issue. Please feel free to reach out to our team so we can help you make the most of your investment. Thank you for your patronage; we look forward to being of service for many years to come. Warmly, Katie Ternes Marketing Coordinator AbacusNext (858) 882-4882

Fran
USA

Customer support lacking

Kommentare: We are going on 3 years using this product. Overall since we only use it for timekeeping and billing it works OK. However, the billing side is buggy and there are a limited number of staff who can fix the problems. They accept support email, but rarely answer them. I often wait 15 minutes or more on hold before I get through to support. Support is of the "take a message and have someone else fix the problem" not first-line answers to problems.

Timesheets and billing are interfaced automatically.

Bugs in billing: e.g., last month I ran 358 bills that never printed. I had to get the list of bills from a report and then individually print them by going into the bill images and requesting a print. That is the second time that happened and they have no explanation for why it happened or how I can prevent it.

Kim
Office Administrator in Kanada
Anwaltskanzlei, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Difficulty installing software. Did not do enough advance prep for upgrade.

Kommentare: Still waiting to assess

Centralization of documents, email, phone calls etc. It is extremely valuable when more than one lawyer is working on the file.

Issues with PCLAW link. Not happy with customer support. They do not seem to be able to assist with some issues and do not call back when they say they will. We still have unresolved issues. The software was purchased in November, installed at the end of December, and we still have problems. We want to get the issues resolved before we being with the training of new users. Therefore we are frustrated with the delays as the new users are still not using the software, even though I am paying for them.

Haley
Legal Secretary in USA

Pretty Good Product

Kommentare: My experience with Amicus has been good and I've never had any real issues with it.

The ease of use is the best thing about the product.

The look of the program seems a bit outdated. Also the formatting of the invoices when you print them is a weird.

vor 12 Monaten

Hi Haley, thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled to hear that our platform has been easy for your firm to use.