PayGo POS

von Christian James

Great product--amazing support experience

Bewertet am 6.10.2015
Jo ann Z.

Kommentare: We have used various versions of Paygo POS software since we opened our retail business 4 years ago. We have found the product itself to be very user friendly, and this is coming from a 57 year old woman will VERY limited computer/technical skills. Even better than the fact that the program does everything we need it to do and more, the support is outstanding. We have actually had few if any real technical problems, so I mostly contact them with "user error" issues, and their response is unfailingly prompt and professional. I would not hesitate to recommend this product/company to anyone.

von Christian James an 19.1.2017

Thank you for your kind review! We do appreciate it!

Not a bad software.

Bewertet am 29.5.2014
Mike L.

Kommentare: At first I was turned off by the first quote they sent out to me, but they were willing to work with me and the price was changed. I've only had the software a few months. PayGo Solo is pretty good. They send out a free demo for us to play with. I've had no problem talking to them on the phone. I'm not sure what the previous reviews are about? Maybe they got new people working for them? I don't know. It does use FileMaker pro. I will be honest. I've heard nothing but extremely negative reviews about their SaaS software. So naturally I was hesitant. I found Solo to be quite the opposite. They do have a few references they sent to me that have used PayGo over the years and enjoys it. I would ask them for references.

von Christian James an 29.5.2014

Thank you for the comments Mike.

We admit that we took a few hits with our PayGo SaaS offering. it was a rewrite of our software on an entirely different platform and honestly, we didn't do as good as we had wanted.

We started phasing PayGo SaaS out about 2 years ago and most of our customers are now on our FileMaker-based PayGo SP or the newer PayGo Solo.

We are dedicated to continuously advancing our products and services.

paygo -- good software LOUSY after-sale support

Bewertet am 6.1.2011
Jesse K.
gm

Kommentare: if you are going to buy this package make sure to consult with as filemaker pro expert and understand the total cost of system integration and implementation

Vorteile: the software is very good

Nachteile: hardware integration is extremely limited.
take a VERY careful look at what hardware peripherals you are actually going to use.
documentation is DREADFUL: its incomplete, lacking lots of info, e.g., it has almost no direction for hardware integration; and their help staff is helpless and their development team not much better. They stay in contact before the sale and hide behind email and a rediculous help ticket system afterwards. After the sale YOU WILL NEVER GET ANYONE ON THE PHONE.
good software, dont even think about using it without local EXPERT filemaker developer/programmer support.

Hi Jesse,
I'm sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience with us back in 2011 and I'm sorry that this response to your review is being provided years later. PayGo's original CEO, Chris Peterson, returned as CEO in October of 2016. From 2008 until then, he didn't have control of PayGo. Our team has been hard at work making improvements to our software, Knowledgebase, & service since his return.

Thank you for complimenting our software!

Regarding the issues you experienced -

On Hardware: We do focus on a few hardware recommendations, because it is easier for our staff to be knowledgeable on those. Other brands can be used with PayGo, but our ability to support brands we're unfamiliar with may be limited.

On Documentation: We have staff dedicated to improving it right now. Our online Knowledgebase is expanding.

Getting Us on the Phone: I have heard that this was an issue. Our phone # is 866-545-7047. We are answering calls.

Best,

Melissa McNallan
PayGo

Don't sign up if you want service or transprency

Bewertet am 6.11.2019
Mary C.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Don't sign up with them unless you're a big business that has lots of money to throw away on a customized POS product that you cannot update easily yourself and you want to be told which merchant provider you have to use. Oh, and crazy online ticket process just to get any kind of service.

Vorteile: Nothing right now. Very exhausted and unhappy with PayGo. Thought they were different especially after [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] returned. Nope.

Nachteile: Their help "manuals" are horrible. You cannot call, chat or email them. You have to log a ticket online for EVERY SINGLE little detail. Then, they get back to you via email and then you have to respond via online ticket. If you have an urgent issue, this is especially frustrating. And, they make you use their horrible (and you have to sign a contract) merchant provider, Payment Logistics. I could go forever about the cons. Running out of room.

Great for a small business.

Bewertet am 29.11.2017
Communication and PR Manager
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Very easy to use and set up. Once all set up everything is seamless. Can go through many transactions fast.

Nachteile: Sometimes the software goes down. We went from writing bills up by hands to this software and it has worked great.

PayGo POS - Bad experience!

Bewertet am 20.5.2014
Kyle V.

Kommentare: I used PayGo POS for almost 1 year before we crashed and burned. This software seems great till you dig in and learn everything. Some tasks are very intuitive and quick, but most of the time you will be emailing support trying to fix something. Best part is that they reply promptly. So it could be a few hours or a few days before your problem is resolved. They only email, So if you can get a number they rarely answer it. Getting printers and computers set up is a nightmare? printers never really worked till the day we stopped using PayGo. Had to use a terrible import/export method to print. Besides all these issues the software is decent if they can fix the printing and connection problems. Anyways be careful with PayGo POS. I would not recommend them.

Hi Kyle,
I'm sorry to hear about your struggle with our software and I'm sorry that this response is coming years later. The original owner, Chris Peterson, has recently returned as CEO. He did not have control of the company from 2008-October 2016. While we do handle support primarily through a ticket/email system, because it is more efficient and allows us to document issues so our team is on the same page, we do answer the phone. My understanding is that this was not always the case. Our customers are welcome to call us at 866-545-7047.

Best,