This guys know how to do things the right way

Bewertet am 6.9.2019
Néstor M.
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Let me say it clearly: A-W-E-S-O-M-E Trust me, they are the "real deal".

Vorteile: Instead of boring the hell out of you making a long list of all the things I like about AC, I would resume them in just 3 "little" things I care of: - Reputation: They REALLY care about sender reputation. And, you know... an email that doesn´t get to my suscribers is like loosing money out of my pocket. So, I´me really happy the way they´re handling things on this department - Ease of use + functionalities: Most other services only offer one of them things. But I want them all. AC covers all my needs regarding this issues (and I´m a choosy guy, you know). - It´s scalable!: This is a biggy. As your businees grows, you´ll have a new set of needs when it comes to automation. AC scales as your business thrives so you don´t have to switch companies never again.

Nachteile: I´m a Spanish user and would love a full Spanish translation (at the moment we hace a partial translation) for Spanish users.

Best Marketing Automation platform for small and medium enterprises

Bewertet am 20.1.2020
Marketing Automation - Business Development Manager
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I have used different marketing automation platforms and ActiveCampaign is now the best one I can recommend for begginers and SME.

Vorteile: ActiveCampaign has all the features that other "premium" platforms also have, but the price and the fast set up are totally a game changer.
In a few steps you can provision a marketing automation platform with all the capabilities.

Nachteile: For high database and high sending volumes, maybe it's not the best option. Large campaigns could take time in sending.

Very Flexible Product

Bewertet am 30.10.2019
Mylvio M.
Marketing Manager
Telekommunikation, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: A very powerful software that helps us save time, automate processes, scale the business.

Vorteile: The automation system is really powerful. We can do almost everything within it to achieve our primary goals.

Nachteile: The UI is a bit old, but you get used to it. The filters for the fields in searching functionality can be improved so we can search for terms in a particular column.

ActiveCampaign, excellent tool for marketing automation

Bewertet am 7.1.2020
Michael T.

Kommentare: We started using ActiveCampaign in our organization in order to automate all email marketing management. We mainly use the tool to keep our customers always informed about our campaigns and advertisements of our products, through it we send them our newsletters. At the same time users can edit and create branded emails when needed. ActiveCampaign provides us with a better flow of information by allowing us to create lists of our most potential customers and thus automate all the content to be sent via email. ActiveCampaign guarantees an excellent flow of communication and information to keep your potential customers informed about your products and campaigns. Through it you can create specific customer lists and thus have an efficient communication flow bringing the information you want at the right time, that is, through the customer lists you can effectively start the automation of information by emailing to different recipients the same email. It guarantees effective marketing automation.

Vorteile: ActiveCampaign is very efficient and productive, plus it is cost effective for all organizations. It allows me to maintain an excellent flow of information with our clients under the automation of emails, thanks to its excellent features, we save a lot of time in your daily activities.

Nachteile: The mobile version does not work well, it just allows you to see and enter contacts. It would be excellent to update it and be able to manage active campaigns. This would allow you to manage your marketing from anywhere and not be forced to use a desktop computer.

Complete and flexible with a great API

Bewertet am 26.10.2019
Carmelo P.
Web & SEO specialist
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My expirience is overall good. In my case they even have an Italian interface and I contacted support a couple of times but as an avarege user you will probably not need assistence with this.

Vorteile: Active Campaign is a great software, it is very easy to use and having used Aweber and GetResponse I can tell you that the biggest difference is that everything in Active is organized in a logical way and it is easy to grasp.
But what is their stronger point in my opinion is the API system, I was able to add, update and delete contacts from a PHP script in a very simple way. Their documentation is very well done and they have functional examples that you can use as a base fro your work.

Nachteile: The cost structure could be better, other software they can be cheeper but I'm willing to pay that extra money for the simplicity of usage.

Disorganized & Frustrating

Bewertet am 2.11.2019
Charles S.
General Manager
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our overall experience was pretty negative, one of the more challenging and time wasteful business relationships we have had in quite some time.

Vorteile: Our account rep was quite helpful initially and our experience getting set up went fairly smoothly. After the inital set up our account rep pretty much disappeared but when we pressed her to become involved she did set up a call and was helpful.

Nachteile: The company has some fairly significant problems related to intracompany communications between departments. The old adage the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing fits Active Campaign perfectly based on our exeprience. About 6 months in we set up a call with our account rep whose analysis was that our account was doing very well from any analytics perspective with very high relative open rates and fairly low/acceptable spam reports, but the bery next day we received an email from a different person and department indicating that our spam complaints were too high and they suspended our service. It was an exptremely poor experience and given the spam numbers displayed on the Active Campaign admin panel made no sense at all. Qe also had a similar negative experience during the onboarding process with our account rep being totally out of the loop. The initial onboarding problems almost caused me to go in a different direction and looking back on it I wish I had folowed my gut instincts at that time, had I made the correct decision and chosen a different provider it would have saved us a lot of time that ended up being wasted.

If you want a tool whose objective is more income use ActiveCampaign

Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Elizabeth P.
Director HR
Marketing & Werbung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use it to establish marketing and brand automation criteria. In addition, it also performs functions in the company as a trusted CRM that adapts to our general approach to market and customer acquisition. It is also very effective because it helps us to have a record of information on the interactions with customers, not only the data with whom the interaction is made but also during that meeting. It is a powerful tool that can do a lot with less and that will undoubtedly be of great importance after its first use in any project.

Vorteile: ActiveCampaign has been fundamental for me because I can maintain a relationship of customer data over time, which helps me to have a monitored profile and work based on your data. In addition to this, it has excellent support which has been kind, effective and fully functional. On the other hand, I use it full time because its strong deployment allows it. I also like it because I can have a totally effective marketing automation thanks to the flowchart that it provides.

Nachteile: The program is totally perfect. I have no complaints at all of any kind, I have done great projects with it and it has certainly been important for marketing purposes.

The best email marketing automation software - I little difficult to learn at first.

Bewertet am 3.11.2019
Alex B.
ceo
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall I am really happy with activecampaign. It's helping me converting more subscribers into clients, and automating my business.

Vorteile: I love how powerful it's to create a really good email marketing automation and flow with the builder. I switched from Aweber and it's just another level! Since then I am converting my list at 4%! that it's huge for my industry.

Nachteile: At first it's a litle difficult to learn how to use it. And it has a lot of features that can discourage beginners.

Powerful Email Marketing tool with mediocre CRM

Bewertet am 18.10.2019
Gregory G.
COO
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, if you can put the time in training, the platform is great as an automated email platform - despite it's price. I really like the automations flexibility and quick to use of templates.

Vorteile: Easy of use, template options.
It's a great software that with some basic learning curve easily lets you design and measure your email campaigns.
The automations are very customizable!

Nachteile: UI/UX feels a little saturated if you don't follow the training guide. You'll easily get lost in number of options and settings. The fact when creating an email you get redirected for simple steps just to edit email header also hurts the flow.
CRM - Feels like an lately added feature that is still not there to compete with others on the market,

Easy to use marketing automation tool

Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, ActiveCampaign is a great tool if you're ready to get started with Marketing Automation for your Small/Med sized business.

Vorteile: ActiveCampaign is an easy to use Marketing Automation tool for those used to working with such tools. I really like the visual builder and this type of campaign flow creator put this way above more expensive tools that don't have it.

Nachteile: So far I have discovered that a few connections (e.g Salesforce) are not built out as they should be and so they fail.

Economical choice for small businesses

Bewertet am 27.11.2019
Trinayan C.
Campaign Builder

Kommentare: ActiveCampaign has overall been a great choice for our client business. You can rely on it for email deliverability and automations.

Vorteile: Cost-effective unlike some of its competitors which can scare you with a huge bill if nor properly tracked. Email delivery has been decent. Automations and API usage works fine under heavy load.

Nachteile: No payment processing. I understand they are not trying to be jack of all trades which is a good thing but need of a third-party payment processor kind of beats its cost-effectiveness.

Powerful marketing automation tools, CRM, and the power to understand your audience.

Bewertet am 5.12.2016
Declan D.
Chief Growth Generator
Verlagswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Setting Activecampaign for a client with a limited budget and limited technical skills, we were able to set up and automate many of the lead funnels for this B2B SAAS company. The tools are comparable to what you'll pay 10X for, and one of the features I love about Activecampaign are their Marketing Automation Workflows - allowing you to setup, segment, and activate the inactive. By using this tool, we achieved 25% open rates in the HR industry where 10% is often average; by integrating the online tools with our inbound marketing Team - both phone and online support - we were able to increase sales Demos 10X over the previous 6 months because Activecampaign helped us motivate the inactive, as well as those who take action. One of the tools I recommend most to clients is Activecampaign because it's performance marketing at a reasonable price.

Vorteile: Marketing automation tools and templates
Deliverability excellent in our experience
CRM was enough for our needs, helping coordinate 5 staff.
Can use in Gmail, which helped our non-Tech sales people.
Reporting that helps quantify engagement and ROI

Nachteile: CRM was not the strongest, yet enough for our needs
Marketing automation services generally are separate from emails you send to larger lists in my approach. Would like an option for sending mail outside the automation to lists, but that may simply be different skill sets (haven't found a solution we like).

The Best Kept Secret in Marketing Automation

Bewertet am 6.6.2017
Austin S.
Selbstständig

Vorteile: ActiveCampaign is one of the best kept secrets in the marketing world. The automation builder is both easy-to-use AND powerful. You can trigger actions and segment by almost any criteria you can imagine. In a lot of ways, the automation builder rivals the (what I consider) best-in-class solutions such as Marketo. The email builder is intuitive and the template library comes with a lot of good looking emails to start from. Zero HTML/CSS needed. The built-in SMS messaging is really cool and somewhat unique in the industry. Building an automation consisting of emails and SMS messages is drag and drop, with no integrations needed. While it's limited (as of today) the CRM is really intuitive and clean. If they continue to add functionality in this area they may have something incredible in a couple years. Importing contacts is simple and goes far beyond the typical CSV file. Google contacts, Google Sheets, other email providers. no problem. Possibly the best import tools I've seen in this industry.

Nachteile: The most obvious one is the lack of a landing page builder. Having landing pages in the tool would be ideal, but solutions such as LeadPages can be easily integrated. Having to pay for email compatibility testing (for different devices) is a bit annoying, feels like you're being "nickel and dimed." The reporting leaves a lot to be desired. I'm really hoping they invest in this area (much more important than having built-in landing pages in my view), as it would really elevate the solution and make it an easy choice vs the Infusionsofts of the world.

Great ESP for Mid-Large Size Organizations

Bewertet am 24.7.2019
Head of Digital Marketing
Politische Organisation, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: My favorite part about ActiveCampaign is the automation features. Using this Automations, you can set up complex marketing email campaigns. I use this to develop a welcome series and a reactivation series for people on our list who stop engaging.

Nachteile: The part that I did not like is very simple. There is no "Undo" button in the email editor interface. Control + Z doesn't work either. You would think for a basic email design interface an undo option would be standard.

Solid Email Marketing/CRM Solution for Small Businesses

Bewertet am 14.8.2019
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: ActiveCampaign is a great value for the variety of tools that it provides.

Vorteile: ActiveCampaign specializes in providing email marketing solutions with an intuitive, visual (albeit a bit slow) interface for creating and sending email campaigns and logical drips (i.e. If Email A opened send Email B or else send Email C). The CRM is a nice add-on if you don't already have a way to manage your client relationships.

Nachteile: The CRM is quite clunky and doesn't have the power and flexibility of platforms that were designed with that functionality in mind.

Affordable Automation

Bewertet am 23.5.2019
Catherine B.
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I needed something more robust than Mailchimp, but I didn't want to invest in an enterprise-level automation tool. ActiveCampaign fits that spot nicely for me. I have what I'd consider enterprise-level features with respect to automation and behavior tracking, but at a much lower price point.

Vorteile: ActiveCampaign has a very deep feature set for the price. Yes, you can build and send emails, and that part works just fine. But the automation features are the standout, as you can build out rich engagement pathways based on user interactions.

Nachteile: The email editor can sometimes be buggy. If I copy a sent campaign to create a new one and then make changes, sometimes the changes don't save. I've made it a habit to make the change, save and exit. Then I'll go back in to the editor before sending out a test. Otherwise, I'll send the test and some of my changes revert to the old version for some reason. Also, there's not an easy "undo" in the editor. The application stores revisions and you can revert to prior revisions, but that seems more complicated than a simple undo button.

Best E-Mail Automation Software at an affordable price

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Tom S.
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Customer service is very good and fast. Software simply works as described and for such a vital part of your business like e-mail automation it is great to have a stable software.

Vorteile: The feature set AC comes with is excellent considering its low price point. You have everything you look for in an e-mail automation software and with the recent design overhaul it is a pleasure to use. Very easy to customise the e-mail layouts and building automations is very fast after you got to know how it works.

Nachteile: The many features you have within the software kind of make it a steep learning curve. Other than that there is nothing I could complain about.

Great value marketing automation platform.

Bewertet am 23.4.2019
Millie B.
President & CoFounder

Vorteile: The marketing automation side of the software is excellent as is the customer support. We are very happy that we upgraded to a package that includes an account manager - she is very responsive and helpful. The outline/map view of automations works great on all screen sizes - I can work with it as easily on my laptop as I can on my desktop and this was a big difference compared to our previous marketing automation software. Campaign / newsletter set up is easy and reporting on campaign performance is detailed and insightful. The iPhone app is really user friendly for quick updates to the CRM - tasks and notes - on the go.

Nachteile: I find the CRM / Deal reporting a little simplistic. I would really like to be able to get more detailed information such as detail of deals by user and ability to filter deals based on the lead source. The List Clean Up feature doesn't allow you to preview your list before it deletes contacts. eg. if I want to clean up bounced or unsubscribed contacts I only have one choice and that is to delete them all, I can't preview that list and cherry pick. Neither can I seperate the bounced list by bounce type. These would be really good features to have.

Up and coming email marketing platform that needs to fix minor issues

Bewertet am 16.9.2019
Ivan V.
IT Coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's a cheaper alternative to a product like pardot that we considered using. But, it just has minor issues that made it not worth it for us in the end.

Vorteile: It's very cheap for the services they offer. There is a great amount of customization and especially through the automation that is very extensive. Also, there are pre-made automations for you to use if you don't understand how to make your own, but either way the guides they have everything you need to know on how to make your own.
Also, customer service is amazing. They truly went out of their way to make our transition to the product better and even did all the exporting of our email contacts from Emma to them easy to do.

Nachteile: Minor issues that can be annoying. The builder is wonky. Not like a lot of the other email marketing services we have worked with. Sometimes campaigns we start on go away.
Also, very importantly is that emails sent don't come out looking well for those that use outlook! Very bad thing that needs to be fixed.

The best email automation software

Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: The best email software I've used (tried AWeber, Mailchimp) and with the most features.

Vorteile: Automation. You are able to create complicated sales funnels that run on autopilot to maximise conversions and sales. For example, I integrate my ClickFunnels landing pages with ActiveCampaign. Leads receive automated follow up emails, and then further personalised emails based on whether they open or click on a link in an email.

Nachteile: It was very complicated at first. It would be good if they had YouTube tutorials to get you started, like with ClickFunnels.

A good option for marketing automation, with a nice CRM

Bewertet am 20.12.2019
Director of Enrollment Services
Hochschulbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: ActiveCampaign is a solid platform. The CRM has nice communication options and the tagging system for contacts and in-the-moment segmentation are nice touches. The automation builder is a little clunky and, while it has lots of options, has fewer than some other platforms. The Salesforce sync is clunky to set up, but the customer service and support are incredible. We’re probably able to do more with ActiveCampaign than some competitors, just because ActiveCampaign really takes the time to support their users.

Vorteile: ActiveCampaign offers a lot at a reasonable price point.
The tagging system is a great innovation in contact-sorting.
The built-in CRM and Salesforce integration make it easy to communicate with contacts and keep track of those relationships.
The email studio is refreshingly usable.
Active campaign’s support and customer service are truly second-to-none.

Nachteile: The Salesforce sync, while convenient, is bulky and requires finesse to use.
The automation options are a little limited compared to some competitors.

Advanced level email automation for SMB prices

Bewertet am 28.7.2019
Senior Marketing Manager
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Overall, it's a great email tool for startups and small businesses.

Vorteile: ActiveCampaign is a great step up from something like Mailchimp if you're going to test some automation features. IT's actually cheaper than Mailchimp and has automation features you'd expect in something like Hubspot.

Nachteile: I'd love to see some better automation templates to help people who are new to automation get started. That's something the more expensive tools do a good job with.

One-stop shop for more than just emails

Bewertet am 2.4.2019
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Active Campaign gives you a one-stop email marketing shop offering campaigns, automation, and even a CRM system that allows you to keep everything in one place.

Vorteile: Active campaign can handle a lot of your customer contact metrics. You can run email campaigns, track engagement, and retargeting campaigns. The software is easy and straightforward to use. With a grasp on how email marketing works, you can easily find your way around the software and get to the campaigns, contacts, lists, and automation you need to access. Also, your payment plan is based on the number of contacts you have, so if your contact is subscribed to multiple lists, you are not charged any extra.

Nachteile: The email editor is a bit plain. If you don't know coding, your emails will all look similar or you're stuck using the templates they provide, many of which look outdated. Integrations are available, but you have to be careful as some will fire off false tags or contact updates.

Powerful automation system collaborating e-mail marketing and customer relationship management

Bewertet am 8.7.2018
Ravi G.
Biotechnologie, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: If you select trigger, you can send emails to the targeted customers. The application is easy to use and is an affordable solution when compared to other similar applications. Presence of additional features like sort and organize and provision of filters by analyzing customer records based on their purchase lists and event engagements. Integrations to meet all business types. Integrates with Google applications like spreadsheets, docs etc. Sales pipeline component and the campaign automation features are the best for active campaigns. Templates available and you can create your own templates, with which you can work to personalize emails and add-on graphics. Assigning tags to each customer based on their interactions is another unique feature.

Nachteile: Attachment of an image to the email message is time-consuming. Real-time custom recording of events is absent. Manipulation of data and exporting feature is also absent. An outdated application program interface. It is an affordable solution but lacks a lot of features that similar automation systems have.

Exactly what we needed our email marketing

Bewertet am 27.8.2019
Alex L.
Digital Content Lead
Medienproduktion, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: ActiveCampaign has great delivery rates. We also love the automation tools and integrations. It makes our lives so much easier and saves a ton of time.

Nachteile: The software sometimes has some random errors or is slow. We'd also love some more bells and whistles, like being able to schedule exports and reports.