Über CampWise

Campwise provides software for camp registration, conference/guest groups, donor, online staff and Point of Sale for the camp store.

Erfahre mehr über CampWise

We use the Conference module only. It's easy to use, gives us great data analysis through the reports, is user-friendly for our staff, and professional in appearance and functionality.

It's not user friendly in the front office. We have to walk parents and staff members through the application process and it can be really frustrating on both ends.

Bewertungen zu CampWise

3,5

CampWise hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,0 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 25 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du CampWise bereits verwendet?

Tina B.
Project Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Made for Camps

Kommentare: We went from using gmail, google sheets and docs, Quickbooks and Salesforce to this one system. It saves us so much time, money and energy that we wasted by updating several apps manually. Everything is in one place now. Our staff, CEO, accountant, and board members are all on the same page, there are no surprises and we can all contribute and stay informed. The set up is easier than other programs I have set up and Campwise was there every step of the way. We did weekly Zoom meetings to get all the details added so it didn't seem so daunting because we did it in steps and I learned as we went. Campwise staff is the best I have ever encountered, they are very responsive and made me feel like I was their only priority, and part of their family.

It's hard to say what I like most because I have several favorites! I love that it puts everything in one place, all our contacts were imported so I can pull them up and share between both our camp locations, but still have separate calendars and reporting for each camp event. I love the reporting, it is quick and easy to pull reports, or if you need more custom reports you can go in deep and pull any data you need and customize it. I love the set up, we were able to explain our business to the project managers at Campwise and they helped me build exactly what we needed. The outcome could not have been better and it fits our needs to the letter since we built it that way.

We are used to using a color coding for our events on the calendars and I don't have that, (yet). I have asked and they said they can do that in the future, as they take feedback and are always improving.

Paul K.
Assistant Director in Kanada
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Feature-rich software with excellent customer support

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: We have enjoyed working with the team at CampWise. They have grown with us and added lots of new reporting features that will make it much easier for new customers (we have been with them for over 10 years). The software is a great tool in streamlining the work of a small office team.

I love the ability to track registrations, rentals, donors, staff, financial accounts in one database. We have migrated all of our data and processes to take advantage of Campwise features, and benefit greatly particularly from the registration/booking and invoice tracking.

Some customers have found the online portal frustrating to navigate. It may be that they're trying to skip steps... On the office side, it has taken quite a bit of set-up to really take advantage of the automation possibilities. But now it has streamlined a lot of our tracking and communication.

David H.
Systems Engineer in USA

NEEDLESSLY complex

Kommentare: Increased awareness of horrible products.

I can't even say that it saves administrative staff any work, because it seems to create even more for them!

EVERYTHING! Twenty years from now, we may be wondering about this or that camp, why registration declined and they had to close down. The reason will be: they switched to CampWise and people decided it wasn't worth wading through so much UX crap, both front-end and back-end, just to get into the camp's front gate. There may not have been ANY thought put into streamlining how a typical user would work their way through registration. Everything you've ever heard bad about government websites is embodied here - I'm renewing my family's passports right now, and CampWise makes that process seem like a breeze. Be nice to your campers and especially their parents: stay AWAY from CampWise!

Julie B.
Sr. Director of Development and Administration in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Went the extra mile for us this year.

Kommentare: CAMPWISE always sticks with whatever issue we have until it is satisfactorily resolved.

This year we not only had all the craziness of dealing with the COIVD-19 pandemic we also had major staffing transitions that made us very dependent on the CAMPWISE support team. They went out of their way to make sure we stayed afloat and did not drown. We could not have made it without them going the extra mile for us and I am very grateful!

We have a list of program options that in themselves have different options so the reporting can be a bit complicated. However, CAMPWISE is always willing to created reports for based on our individual needs.

Jeff Y.
Executive Director in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Came for the price, staying for the features

Kommentare: Hands down, the Campwise team want you to be successful. They listen, offer suggestions, and give real-time solutions quickly to help you do what you need to do the way you need to do it. The more we work with the system, the quicker and easier it is for us to process registrations and check availability and rebook groups for next year. I'm glad we switched!

The functionality of the product far outshines the competition. It offers automated steps to do the things that sometimes get forgotten or we are too busy to do.

It isn't "pretty" on the back-end which can make the transition from other software difficult, but I'll trade pretty for a cost-effective product with much more in the way of ability and power any day!

Lori M.
Owner / Director in USA
Museen & Institutionen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

I've tried many. This is the best!

Kommentare: GREAT!! Our company has tried CampBrain, CampDoc and CampWise, looking for a camp management software that addresses all of our needs. CampWise provides it all and provides it better than the competition. This first year we have seen a 20% increase in camper registrations and I attribute much of that it to CampWise.

The ability to automate the process and ensure that customers and our company receives the information we need when we need it, sets CampWise well above the competition. CampWise allows us to provide the customer service we have always desired to provide, even in the midst of our busy summer season. Our families are notified when its time to make payments, when they need to complete forms, they receive their packing list, medication packaging instruction, drop off instructions all automatically, at the times set by us. They also receive pick up reminders and a thank you note automatically. Even more important are the automatic generation of daily, weekly and monthly reports for our company. One week prior to the start of each session I simply open a folder in my G-Drive and print all my opening day paperwork including our camp rosters, medication administration records, cabin assignments and about 10 other reports. CampWise is HUGE time saver. We also have reports showing us what past families have not enrolled, and even have automatic lead generation from within the registration processes.

Setting up this system takes time. They provide great customer service and a one-on-one consultant to walk with you through every step of the processes and will even do most of the work for you. But we wanted to do the work in order to really learn the system. To use CampWise to its fullest capacity you should consider each e-mail, each needed report well in advance. Once the system is up and running, CampWise utilizes an email support system. While they usually have an answer to your questions the same day or by the next day, I would prefer being able to pick up the phone and get an answer to my question right away. I guess I am just old school and don't mind waiting in queue for the next tech person.

Lynne M.
Director of Program & Marketing in USA
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Long time user - multiple sites

Kommentare: I have been a user for several years and at three different sites. I have helped implement it at the first site and now at this site. At the first site, we had a horrible product that was just not working for us. The current site did not have a system in place and I already knew this software although I did compare others. I have been really pleased with the support that I have had and the fact that they listen to their customers when we ask for specific software developments that would make their product easier to use and more functional.

I like that there are different modules for camp, conference, and donor. You can choose all three if your site has a use for all three. With our current site, we only needed the conference module at this particular time. We can add the donor module and or camp (registration) modules when and if needed.

Setup is tedious. I don't have a comparison to other product setups to compare though so I cannot really say if it is better or worse than others.

Trisha K.
Director in USA

Product keeps getting better

Kommentare: I'm happy with their service and improvements. I've looked at a lot of databases considering changing but always decide to stick with CampWise. The databases that cost a bunch more don't have enough more value to justify switching.

I like that the support team is constantly adjusting and make this product better. I've worked with a lot of different databases over the years. No database is perfect and the only way I'd find one that's 5 stars would be if someone wrote it just for our camp. But CampWise has consistently gotten better every year. They have a great support team. Friendly and helpful

The reporting is a bit complex and complicated but has gotten better over the years and see changes happening to make it even better. I think it's complex because they are trying to make it work for every camp and every situation. I'm sure that's daunting to do but it just continues to get better

Mary anne M.
Guest Services Administrator in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best Customer Service Ever!

Kommentare: The CampWise staff has been AMAZING!!! From the very first demo, through the data transfer from our old system, setup of the CampWise system to our site, to the regular tech support, they have been amazing! I have always felt intimidated by tech support, but they have been nothing but kind, patient, helpful, knowledgeable and supportive, with every step.

We needed to customize the contract. I wish that the customized contract and invoice were printable from inside the product, instead of having to generate the custom contract from outside of the product.

Lauren S.
Director of Staffing in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

They are expanding and adding new features!

Kommentare: Their customer support team is extremely helpful. They are always willing to help through email, phone call, or video tutorial.

I appreciate the company's ability to be adaptable to what their customers need. There have been times in the past that we wished Campwise would have offered a certain feature. When we spoke with them about it, they took steps to improve the process and/or make that feature available. They seem to be growing and developing with the needs of their customers.

The design and layout is not the most user friendly, though this has also been improving over the past few years. It would be great to see this develop more often.

Cheri S.
Associate Director in USA

TERRIFIC customer support!

Kommentare: After unexpectedly finding myself in a position to need to take over for our office manager, I was terribly anxious about all the things I didn't know and hadn't previously had to worry about in our camp office. What I have found in the past six months is that CampWise is EXCELLENT about responding promptly to inquiries! I have lost count of the support calls and emails that the CampWise team has had with me as I was attempting to navigate so many different functions for the first time. They equipped me with knowledge that I was then able to share with our team so that we didn't have only one person in our office acquainted with the most-used components of the software. I am so grateful to each CW team member who has spent time on the phone, in particular after we decided to cancel summer camp. I can't say enough about their pleasant and swift responsiveness - A++!!

So grateful that their support is quick and helpful!

In the years before I was employed by the camp, I wasn't a fan as a parent of the online registration process . . . now that I'm employed, I do hear from people trying to register. Will be interested in exploring this more with CW staff when I feel better acquainted with everything.

Jim N.
Vice President of Ministries in USA

The best overall Management system I could find

Kommentare: I researched 22 management systems and Campwise was the last that I checked out. We are incredibly happy with our decisions. The product offers pretty much everything that we are looking for and many items that we were not looking for. Hands down the best customer service I have ever experienced with a software. The staff sincerely care about their customers.

Wide range of products: Registration, back end management, staff management, reports, mobile apps: point of sale, check-in, medical. Customer Support is bar none the best.

Detailed reporting requires VPN access.

Kristine J.
Reservations Coordinator in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent program and service

Kommentare: Hello all at Campwise,
I would like to say thank you so much to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] & the ladies that answer the phones!!! Always great help when I need it & it is always so easy to figure out after they walk you through it! I think it is a great program & you are improving it each & every day! Thank you again from all of us here at Stronghold Conference, Camp & Retreat Center in Oregon IL. 61061

Very easy to learn & use. Customer support is always pleasant and helps you get your answers!

I really do not have any issues that Issue Track & Campwise support staff can not just walk me through it!

Renae D.
Office Operations Manager in USA
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Campwise consolidated our work!

Kommentare: Campwise is always willing to help us with any issues. They have created custom reports to meet our individual needs.

Everything in one place. Combined our work from multiple applications into one central application. They are always working to improve and create something more efficient.

Initial set up was daunting since we were not using a camp management application, but they were very helpful and supportive the whole way through.

Mahmoud A.
Sales man in Ägypten
Sportartikel, Selbstständig

There is no place for rest simpler than this

Kommentare: I don't know what to say but there was a quick response to us so that we could book this program next year.

There are a lot of things that I liked, but I will try to be brief.. It is a really great place and has features such as the system and speed. We were preparing the data very quickly and this did not take much time, it was just fast.. Also, there was a lot of interest in us, And in light of the Corona pandemic, there was a system so that injuries would not appear to us. It is a wonderful place and I hope to try it again

I just didn't see anything difficult or bad, I just had a good experience

Mariana C.
Intern in USA

IF YOU HAVE A CAMP YOU MUST USE IT

Kommentare: It's so useful for a database, you can understand from the beginning how it works the platform is so easy to understand.

This app is so useful right now to what I'm doing at camp, helo you to have an organized database in a simple way for the user and employee of the camp, campwise its easy to use, help you to found the right and specific information you want to know about your campers or parents or staff, you can do a study of the growth of the camp and help you to work more efficiently.

Sometimes we have had problems on the platform when people are registering them, but they always call us and fix our problems.

Lori B.
office Staff in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

CampWise review

Kommentare: We have been able to track different areas of our camp within one software.

We are able to track different aspects of camp all in one software program. The help videos and pdf are very helpful and if we can't find the help online, we have been able to contact someone to help us.

Duplicate entries are allowed and camper families will end up with several accounts each. It would be helpful if they were directed to reset their password for their account instead of not allowing them make another account.

Antwort von RecSoft

Campwise does in fact try to prevent duplicate entries in multiple ways. If the parent attempts to use the same email address, the software flags that and prevents them from creating a second account with the same email. In addition to that, if the parent attempts to enter in the exact same First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, and Date of Birth as an existing camper, the software again flags that as a potential duplicate. Online users do however frequently change the middle name or omit it, sometimes even enter in the wrong birth date.

Kyle S.
Program Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Pretty Decent (but not extraordinary)

Kommentare: We solve almost all of our registration problems with CampWise.

You can use it for *almost* everything in the summer camp world. We are able to register, enroll, manage payment, and a few other things with CampWise

It seems like the customer service is lacking. We have had multiple problems occur on our end of the program and sometimes the customer service seems unwilling to understand or help with our problem. It also only really works with Google Chrome as a browser. This is somewhat inconvenient for our users who prefer Outlook, Internet Explorer, etc.

Lita K.
Camp River Ranch Site Host and Equestrian Director in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use but can use some improvements

Kommentare: It has been pretty good. Just wish it was easier to use visual cut and issue track.

I like the fact that it can keep track of a lot of information all in one place and we can set it up in a variety of modes and functions so that it works for a lot of different processes that we have in our organization.

I don't like how you have to use visual cut to make the invoices and we have to use a different system to keep track of all of our contact with our users.

Antwort von RecSoft

Since this review was posted, we have made changes that allows for the printing of invoices within the software in addition to Visual Cut. Later this year, we are also releasing an update that will provide more contact management features.

Becca A.
Divisional Children and Youth Program Coordinator in Kanada

CampWise Review

Kommentare: It has been sometime since I used CampWise, so it is quite possible that the system has been upgraded since my last use. If my workplace was to stop using our current software, I would definitely include CampWise as part of my search for a new one.

It was software designed for exactly what we needed: Camp Registration. Because that was it's focus it obviously included everything needed to do that. It also had built in "restrictions" to help make avoid mistakes (i.e. you told the system it was a boys cabin, it wouldn't let you accidentally put a girl in that cabin and so on)

The system lagged and required a very good internet connection to work. We were working remotely at a camp with not great wifi so it made it difficult to get work done, often we had to call our head office to have taskes completed there as CampWise would not work on our system (even though the internet itself was functioning).

Adrianna T.
Adrianna T.
Communications Director in USA

Long-TimeCampWise User

CampWise is useful tool for keeping track of our campers, staff and donors. CampWise gets the job done and has been useful for many years.

I think the interface isn't super aesthetically pleasing.

Louisa F.
Program Manager in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Review for CampWise

We've used this software for years, so we're used to it. They have great customer service and typically get back to you quickly.

Jimmy M.
Camp director in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Not for a google generation

Customer support was somewhat accessible

We found it very difficult to figure out. Software requires a good deal of training to use. After a variety of zoom training meetings and hours of training videos we were never able to get the software to work for our use. Unless you have an employee that this is their exclusive focus I wouldn’t recommend.

vor 7 Monaten

This camp did recently choose to discontinue using Campwise after seven years of successful use but also a change in personnel. Our software can be seen as complicated by some or extremely flexible by others. In addition this review seems counter to an email received from the same person, here is content from that email: "Both of us have zero experience with working full time at a camp. I know hundreds of camps use you guys and love you guys we just have struggled. We may struggle with the next software as much or more but we can't waste any more of our ministry time on this and believe that starting from scratch with a company that is medically focused might make more sense with our style and brains." In addition this person cancelled their subscription after the required date and was only charged a small late fee and not the entire amount for the annual subscription.

Joshua D.
USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Great Software

Kommentare: Campwise has great customer service and responds quickly. Initial setup takes a little bit to get used to, but once your done its easy to run and use. Any report you might need they will have. Overall a great company! Highly Recommend!

Thomas B.
Thomas B.
Executive Director in USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

CampWise more complicated than it needs to be

Kommentare: We outgrew our old registration software and were looking for a new more robust registration system. We thought we had found it with CampWise. The product can do most anything, but it is needlessly complex. It can be almost impossible as an administrator to drill down to the information that you need. We're going to stick with it since we are in the middle of our season, but are already considering switching to someone else.