CampMinder Erfahrungen

Über CampMinder

CampMinder ist die branchenweit umfassendste webbasierte Schullandheim- und Ferienlager-Software. Das Unternehmen hilft Schullandheimen und Ferienlagern dabei, ihre Ziele zu erreichen!

Erfahre mehr über CampMinder

It encompasses a majority of our software needs which helps to lower pricing.

For setting up the sessions that made sense, but when you get to all of the optional forms, it gets a bit more confusing as to what is done and what needs done yet.

Bewertungen zu CampMinder

4,9

CampMinder hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 225 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du CampMinder bereits verwendet?

Jackie
Jackie
Associate Director in USA

A Key to Our Success

Kommentare: I love that the CampMinder crew is an extension of our year round team!

CampMinder helps to facilitiate all aspects of running our camp. It's an integral tool for all members of our year round team, as well as our seasonal staff. Things I love the most.. 1. The People. The support at CampMinder is top notch. Help is a phone call or a ticket away, and the CampMinder folks are dedicated to developing not only software solutions but relationships with their clients. 2. The Functionality. I believe that CampMinder is easy to learn, easy to use, and can do almost anything I need it to when looking for info on a camper, parent or staff member. I find this system to be intuitive and walks you through the steps you need to be successful. 3. The Continual Growth. CampMinder has been through serveral versions since it's inception and the team there is always looking to make the lives of us camp folks easier. They ask the right questions, and do their best to deliver.

As a long time CampMinder user, I have witnessed some growing pains as they have expanded their client base and thus their client support team. On occasion, the support team offers "101" or beginner level assitance for a user that is operating at a "301" or advanced level. That said, the customer service is always been attentive, kind, warm and determined to get an answer for me.

Amy
Registrar/Office Manager in USA

Best in the Biz!

Kommentare: LOVE LOVE LOVE!! MUCH MUCH LOVE! The staff are fabulous at all levels -- knowledgeable, kind, creative and friendly -- the system is amazing -- it is designed for camps -- and it works!

It's truly hard to find anything wrong with this amazing product. There are always tweaks that can be found when a system has been used for a while, but our experience has been wonderful and worth every penny!

Making the system more smart phone friendly for forms and payments as well as registration would be something our camp parents would suggest. The system uses a lot of bandwidth because of it's massive abilities, and while this is a positive, in very rural settings it can be a negative at times as well. My least favorite part of it is that the set up for our particular camp programs does not pull enrollment from the overall capacity, so we have had to set up a system outside of it to manage our programs. This is because we run 3 programs in every session and the programs don't communicate with overall capacity. We hope this will change soon. We're also anxious for parents to be able to set up their own autopay options without our staff needing to manage these choices internally.

vor 11 Monaten

Amy, Thank you for this kind review. It makes our day to get this feedback. We are excited about the new features we're rolling out, and are thrilled to continue working with you to make sure we're delivering what you need.

greg
Director of Tennis in USA
Sport, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

I like CampMinder

4,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: it's been great!

i like the ease in whicj i can track financials.

i like it all. everything is so easy to use. I can find what i need very quickly even on my phone app.

Peter
Executive Director in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Perfect if you camp has limited sessions.

Kommentare: The culture of the organization seems great, and they are really loyal to and proud of their product. They have grand visions and great ideas for their product as well, but in my experience many of these visions never pan out, or pan out years and years after they're expected, and aren't free. We're a year-round camp with many, many sessions, and the software simply isn't flexible to manage those things with unique applications, and the lack of cooperation for API access makes it worse. If you're a camp that just has a few basic sessions a year, this is probably simple and easy....but for us, this isn't ideal, and product upgrades and development take too long.

Staff onboarding is great. The staff application, collection of documents needed for onboarding, etc, works really well.

Not mobile friendly. That is definitely my least favorite thing about it. There are "app" options, and they've introduced some API options, but it makes an already expensive software way more expensive.

Finance Administrator in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A software designed for camps by people who have run them!

Kommentare: CampMinder has allowed us to get all of our information we need for camp in one place, and to create new, customized reports whenever we need them. The customer service and client success managers have been super helpful in ensuring our first year worked quite smoothly!

The family accounts make it easy for returning families to apply while ensuring that all of their childrens' information is up- to-date and accurate.

Sometimes it is a little difficult to find the right settings to make the changes I want.

Lucy
Program Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

CampMinder does it all!

Kommentare: CampMinder has made our back-end work much more efficient and smooth.

Applications Forms Campanion - photos and push notifications to families Financial management

Staff management & hiring - not robust enough. Campanion vs. Camp-In-Touch is confusing to parents.

Matthew
Matthew
Associate Executive Director in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

CampMinder is a very good platform for camp management with truly great customer service.

Kommentare: Before we adopted CampMinder we were managing our business with spreadsheets, so adoption of the software has been a serious game-changer for us. While any good platform would have been a huge upgrade, we have been consistently impressed with CampMinder's customer service that made integration go very smoothly and has helped us realize the maximum benefit from our integration efforts. CampMinder's pace of innovation is outstanding and we are very happy to have adopted this platform. The ratio of function-to-cost (and customer service) is also extremely high -- I am very impressed with what we get for the cost. The no-nonsense approach to pricing is also very attractive to me (flat rate, no contracts, no data-hostage gotchas). I also appreciate that CampMinder presents a very high quality face to our camp families -- CampMinder's recognition that our customers are ultimately their customers is highly productive and reassuring. This attitude that "we're all in this together" is one of the keys to their success.

Outstanding customer service: fast, friendly, and genuinely interested in the success of our camp. The philosophical anchor to base the presentation of data around the relationship that the campers have to one another and the camp programs makes it very natural and useful to organized camping, which is fundamentally an enterprise engaged in relationship building. The functionality of the platform has been as advertised and rock-solid in terms of maturity and up-time. Finally, the company seems committed to growth and evolving the platform to meet the changing needs of camper families and the camps they serve -- in the three years we've been with them, we've seen consistent growth and we have especially appreciated efforts to involve us in charting their growth map.

I have minor quibbles with some of the functionality but mostly only regarding their "beta" initiatives. I would, of course, like these to converge faster -- but I don't think that CampMinder is dragging their feet, just resource limited like we all are. There are things that I wish it had -- a solid app for parents, for example -- but these are more of a "wish-list" kind of critique, not a dislike.

Antwort von CampMinder

Thanks so much for the review Matt! We're excited to see you in January for CampMinder Camp 9!

Justin
Camp Professional in USA

Great Camp Resource

Learning the software is simple, and once you have learned it, you find that there are so many features that benefit administrative work. I love how direct it can be, and how it assists in managing information all in one place.

Learning it takes time, but it is well worth it.

Wendy G
Physician in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

CampMinder Gets it Done

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I'm a pediatrician and camp doctor during the summer. Camp minder gets it done.

easy access to health records and treatments at camp. Also admins can easily manage camper's overall info. Parents can upload important documents, etc.

sometimes the search function is slow from the health center page.

Amie
office mgr in USA

Tent Time

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I have multiple kids on the camp minder and the program works great

I am a user of this software as a parent, who's kids go to camp and use. I like that it saves your informations regardless of being at the same camp the next year

Overall the program works great. I have used it 3 years

Jodi
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

CampMinder Review

Kommentare: I LOVE this software. I am much more efficient completing reports and managing all camper/family information, forms and communications. I can send hundreds of invoices or charge hundreds of credit cards with the touch of a single button!! It used to take me a month with our old software.

I love the ease of use -its user friendly, I can find what I need to find -where I expect to find it. If at any time I need help I can call a real person -who speaks English -and they will be able to help me AT THAT TIME!!!

Remembering to click exactly what I what -each little box I need, is sometimes a hassle. I have to pay close attention, otherwise the reports I create may not be accurate. Although I can tell right away if I didn't click all the boxes -the results show immediately.

Antwort von CampMinder

Jodi, thanks so much for taking the time to review CampMinder and give us such great and useful feedback. We can't tell you how happy it makes us to know you're happy with our software!

Beth
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

CampMinder Rocks!

Kommentare: My Client Success Manager was extremely helpful and patient during my training. The entire customer service team is friendly, efficient and helpful. When I have a challenging question, they work with me to get an answer. The customer service availability...especially during season, is unbelievable. They are always there to help. The system is easy to use and navigate. We have saved hours of work in organizing and filing paperwork.

I love that we were able to eliminate paper registration. It was life changing to get rid of paper! No more shuffling through binders of paper to access information. Everything we need to know about a camper is at our fingertips. The parents were thrilled...and next year they just have to update.

I was able to work around it...but two things I find challenging are... 1. You cannot send more than one or large attachments through CampMinder emails. 2. There is a bit of a steep learning curve in creating reports with the correct selection criteria.

Director of Admissions & Training in USA
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A remarkable tool for every camp!

Kommentare: We work with a specialized camp population which makes the "standard" software hard to apply in our areas of need BUT CampMinder works with us to adjust, accommodate, or individualize as needed. Our suggestions and issues are met with problem solving with our CM team. Can't say enough about the support you get with this software. Every now and then we look at other products but NONE can match the level of functionality or support that we get from CampMinder.

While the learning curve is steep, the CampMinder team is with you all the way. This software manages so much information and data for our camp. What we can do with that info/data feels endless some days. We love the ability to run reports, gathering specific information needed on every child. They KNOW camps so many reports already exist at the click of a button. Camp people building software for camps. The overall responsiveness to our needs is incredible as well.

You will need to take the time to learn how to truly utilize all aspects of this software. There are days where I still feel like a novice, even after years of working with it, but I have learned to reach out to my CM support. Once you start to understand how to set up reports, seasons, documents, etc... It starts to click. Realize I am NOT techie at all.

Antwort von CampMinder

Hello! Thanks for the great feedback on the CampMinder system! We're glad to hear that while there is a learning curve to overcome, it sounds like you have still found a great deal of value in the system. We hope that continues, and if you ever feel like you need an overview of the system or certain modules, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team or your friendly Client Succes Manager! Best, Allison

Cara
Camp Registrar in USA
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

CampMinder - Our Summer Camp Database Solution

Kommentare: Working with CampMinder has helped us feel confident that the data in the database is accurate. In the past, we worked with other online camp database software that had us constantly questioning if the reports we were pulling were complete and accurate. This is a non-issue with CampMinder. We have been able to move our forms and documents online for parents to fill out and for us to be able to report on. This has helped us become more environmentally friendly, since we are no longer requiring multiple paper forms. We also feel well taken care of when calling in with questions, their customer service team is fantastic.

CampMinder has impeccable customer service. The software is user friendly and inclusive. Parents and Staff have an easy time navigating and using the features of this program. I love the bunking module because it saves an incredible amount of time. The reporting system is very versatile as well. I like that I am able to follow a person throughout all of their interactions over years with the unified person record. It allows me to see a person as a former camper, former staff member, and a parent of an enrolled camper all in one easy to understand record.

Some of the modules cost additional money, our camp sees many children, but we do not have the high rates that some other camps charge, so we have to do without some of the modules such as fundraising, because the cost is not something we can incur at this point. I also wish there were a better way to report and email groups across seasons. You can produce reports in different seasons, but across seasons is currently impossible as far as I know.

Antwort von CampMinder

Hi Cara, As always it's a pleasure working with you and your camp and we appreciate your feedback. The season reporting as you mentioned is correct although this is something that has come up in recent memory. If you have not added this idea of reports spanning seasons to our Community section, please do so. The more camps want this feature, the more likely we'll make it happen.

Associate Executive Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The software that changed everything for the better

Kommentare: It has been phenomenal!

Prior to CampMinder we had constant complaints from parents about our registration process. More times than not, they would end up calling us to register by phone. Our parents love the streamlined process, the features being all in one place from forms/documents to photos, and options for different payment plans. Our camp fills every year and this would not have been possible without CM. Do you have an amazing program but awful registration process? CampMinder is for you! Our Directors LOVE and rely upon the accessible and extremely helpful customer service and data-ops team. This customer service experience is simply unparalleled.

I would love to see: -More options for gender -Simply capacity limits for additional options -Better photo options

Sharon
Coordinator of Registration in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great Camp software

Kommentare: CampMinder has allowed us to streamline our registration process and enabled us to have so much access to information via the various reports that we can run through the system. The software has allowed us to better track how students find out about us and follow up on leads and inquiries. We are able to track the workload and enrollment numbers at any time.

CampMinder is very user-friendly and has all the features needed for effective enrollment management. From being able to run enrollment reports, to be able to see if a parent opened and read an email, to allow parents to register their child for camp and make payments online at their convenience. CampMinder has helped our organization bring our enrollment process to the 21 century. Before getting CampMinder we were still registering students via a paper system. CampMinder has allowed us to have access to so much more information at our fingertips.

There is no adult module and adults have to register themselves as children. Our adult students do not like having to use a workaround to register online. However, our adult students still love that they can sign up online at their convenience and make payments. Although this is what I like least about the software, CampMinder is working on an adult module at the moment and it is currently in Beta testing. Our adult students will be thrilled when this module is available to them.

Antwort von CampMinder

Hey Sharon, Thannk you for your feedback regarding CampMinder's system. We are glad to hear the sytem is working well for you!

Kim
Director in USA

Mostly Good

Kommentare: CampMinder has revolutionized the way we manage camper paperwork, check in and check out procedures, and health care at camp. Using CM has allowed me as the director more time to interact with campers and less time spent in the office.

CampMinder is very easy to use if you are even remotely tech savvy. I love the instructional videos and the articles to help you understand how to set up the system. Tracking a person's history with our camp programs is awesome, allowing us to maintain years of records at our fingertips. Reporting is straight forward and time efficient. I like the bulletin features and being able to tag other colleagues and communicate in a way that directly links to a person's profile page.

It does not meet all our needs as an organization. We need a way to manage property reservations outside of summer and were told that was platform was being added to CM. We have yet to see it and therefore need to pay for yet another software platform. The customer-facing side, CampInTouch, is clunky compared to other companies and the ability for camps to customize what customers see is limited. Our most common questions revolve around camper guardians being unable to find information packets on CampInTouch, in part because they blend in with camper paperwork. It seems like CM was designed more for large east coast style camps where the campers stay for several weeks. There are far less useful features for those of us who have one-week sessions.

Beth
JCC Director/Camp Director in USA

Excellent Customer Support

Kommentare: CampMinder provides an excellent product and professional support. It makes the administrative side of running a camp simple.

I love how intuitive the software is to use. Their customer support is the best that I have ever seen from a software product.

I wish you could schedule emails so that they could be sent at a later date.

Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

CM Review

Kommentare: My overall experience with CampMinder has been great! I think the customer service is awesome! I have used CampMinder for 2 different camps but I have never had proper training, so I tend to teach myself a lot and it's very helpful to have people who are friendly and understanding in the call center to assist! so thanks for that!

I really like having the ability to pull reports and that they generate quickly. I like that CampMinder isn't just a registration service, but it has budgeting, HR, bunking, travel, newsletters, health center, etc. features. This is really helpful for camps who are not affiliated with an organization such as a JCC or a YMCA.

That I have to pull a report just to see the number of campers registered in one session rather than clicking on it and a having a roster pop up. I also don't like that CampMinder isn't compatible with many other software services-this makes camps have to do double entries.

Antwort von CampMinder

Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your CampMinder experience. It's great to hear both what is useful and about the areas where the system lacks for you currently. We will certainly keep those thoughts in mind for future development. Lastly, if you ever feel inclined for more in depth trainings surrounding CampMinder's modules, you can always get connnected with your Client Success Manager as they're happy to help continue your eductation of CampMinder! Best, Allison

Dan
Executive Director in USA

Campminder User

As the Executive Director of a non-profit summer camp and retreat center, I am constantly pulling up data from one of our camper families or donor families (i.e. last time they were here, what programs do they attend or which services they purchase. We have used Campminder as for our registration software for about 10 years now. It is reliable and provides me with the relevant information I need. As with all software, it takes a little bit to learn how to navigate, but we have had excellent customer service and it is a good value for a mid-sized operation. In addition to using their software to register over 3000 campers each summer. We also make good use of their staff onboarding and management tools. We process over 150 applications for seasonal summer jobs through Campminder. Applicants submit their application, W-2s, I-9, and background screening forms, etc., all online through Campminder. If someone is missing paperwork it notifies them. This saves us so much staff time and headache.

If we could improve one thing about CampMinder: we really wish it would integrate with Zapier to further streamline our marketing and social media efforts.

MaryEllen
Operations Coordinator in USA

Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta

Kommentare: We had some challenges with accrual accounting but have developled a plan that works, I know this is in the works to change this year. If it works for us it will cut down on the number of programs becuase I have to make one for June and one for July.
I have very much enjoyed working with CampMinder for the years we have had it.

The ability to see the customer record and log in as if I was them. The ability to send invoices easily by clicking and dragging them to an email Sending out mass emails to parents and selecting the group you want to send it to. Finding out all the things you can do that you had no idea, there are so many fields that I have not clue are out that and will help with reporting CUSTOMER SERVCIE I ALWAYS get great help when I send in tickets. I love dealing with your team of experts.

I would like a better way to track camper retention, canned reports that would report out on each camper in each program even if the camper is coming twice. Instead of adding the sessions to a feild in the report. I do the overall reports not camp specific and to run each session at each camp to get the total number of campers is not reasonable. I have had a custom report developed that works great but it would be nice to pull this directly from the system.

Kristin
Kristin
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Why I love CampMinder

Kommentare: My overall experience with CampMinder has been A++. I became director in April, so even during the Summer I did not quite know what I was doing on CampMinder and definitely did NOT feel comfortable using it (SO thankful for my tech savvy assistant director). As soon as Summer Sessions ended I started using CampMinder daily and calling when I had questions, whether it's that I have called so much and they have completely walked me through how to use it by now or I just spent time figuring it out myself, I am completely dialed in on this deal and can navigate almost as well as anyone else. A big shoutout is due to the CampMinder staff. So grateful for them. I have recommended CampMinder over and over to Camps on a popular Facebook page "Summer Camp Pros", making sure they know this is THE Camp System of America, no doubt. Thank you CampMinder for all you do for us, Happy Campers here at Kiowa because of you.

What I like most about this software is the bulletin board full of information I want to see without having to navigate through different tabs. Another HUGE pro is how comfortable I feel to Call customer service/support when I do not know how to do something, they are so nice and soooo helpful.

This is not an actual con but something I need to improve for myself...There are so many settings I don't remember what to do sometimes to receive the information I am looking for.

Donna
Assistant Director in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Camp Minder is definitely worth checking into for your company!

Kommentare: I like Camp Minder because they are willing to help you create , build, solve and to be available to be there for you when you need help!

I like this software because it has tutorials that can help you create or figure out what you need for your business. It also helps train your staff and it does not require a strong learning curve. Meaning that it is easy to train someone how to use the system . It also provides a way to make some things accessible to your staff and personal things restricted. I also like that you can call someone for help and get help within a reasonable amount of time. I also like the fact that you can add features and work with camp Minder to figure out to add or take away things you want or may not want.

Like with anything learning a new system and change requires some extra attention and time. Being patient in the creation of putting together what we wanted for our program. Also realizing that we needed to add some things after we thought we had it all ready can be a little frustrating, but be patient and it will be worth it.

Carol
Gastgewerbe, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Love CampMinder

Kommentare: The software is very easy to use and each summer when I get seasonal help, there isn't an issue with someone learning it at all. Customer service is great. Have been waiting for the groups/family module since 2011 though when we first signed on with CampMinder. The company has become very popular and the number of camps using the software now leads to LOTS of requests for updates and changes so it sometimes takes a long time to see a change because everyone wants the same info but in a slightly different way or more detailed, etc. Still I am very happy with CampMinder.

The ability to basically create almost any report that we need. In comparison to the last software product that we used this is miles ahead. The customer service is awesome. Everyone is helpful and professional, friendly and they make sure that they get an answer for you. Have been with them since 2011.

We do run into issues at the end of the season with trying to find out exactly what funds we brought in. Simpler way to see exactly what money you took in as a total without running all the charges, credits, discounts, etc. Also waiting for the groups and family module to be available and hope that it will be separate from the camping side.

Dottie

Easy to use platform

Kommentare: Overall, I have enjoyed my experience with Campminder because of how responsive they are to customer feedback. As stated above, the consistency with which they seem to upgrade and fine tune the operational aspects of the program says a lot about them as a company. Every year it gets better or smarter. This is helpful and something that I've come to expect from them now. That there will always be a new feature or two to learn each new season.

For us in the office the program is great. Easy to use report features, for custom information and camper issues, etc. I get quite a bit of feedback from parents that they find the Campminder system easy to use as well which is important. I love that the folks in charge are consistently working to improve all aspects of the system.

It doesn't allow us to register our volunteers each week so they are "in the system". It is nice to have all participants print on the same documents and in one place for insurance and other record keeping. I keep working on ways around it...and will figure it out someday.

Antwort von CampMinder

Dottie, thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are so happy that our customer service is meeting your needs.