Excellent for Group reservations for conference center. I struggle with indiv. "camper" registration

Bewertet am 12.10.2017
Amy A.
Reservations Manager

Kommentare: Keeps me organized and easily generates the reports and invoices that I need.

Vorteile: Note: I am on the desktop version. For group reservations, it is efficient. Easy to look up past retreats. Tech support is great. Nice features to forms. Easy customization. Creates invoices and contracts and lots of reports. I am happy with it.

Nachteile: For the few times I need to register individuals, the "Camper" side is frustrating. It may be that I haven't used it enough to truly learn it. And it is odd as this software is mainly designed for camps and camper registration. But I find I cannot find history on campers other than general info. Charges all appear on same invoice, even once paid, making invoices confusing for my older clientele. Some of the navigation features for moving through the pages are frustrating and not intuitive. Minor things: when I enter a payment, it would be nice to have the box to indicate "deposit received" or "paid in full" on that payment screen. I have to remember to navigate to the group's landing page and make that update. Often I forget and then I generate reports that a group hasn't paid when they have. This is the only camp software I have used, but I have few complaints of substance. I did not set up this software.

CampBrain tracks important data for group reservations at our camp

Bewertet am 15.3.2018
Laura W.

Vorteile: You can record a good depth of information about reservations - meals, facilities, charges, accommodations, and more. You can easily copy repeat groups from one year to the next.

Nachteile: We have the locally-based version which lacks some of the functionality of the cloud-based version. If contacts work with multiple organizations they do not carry over. Reservations for accommodations are by day - I wish these could be booked by the hour. Customer support is an additional fee for the local version.

CampBrain

Bewertet am 17.10.2018
Shelly C.
Philanthropy Database Administrator
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very very positive.

Vorteile: The support from the CampBrain team. I began with CampBrain when it was a desktop software and then followed with them to the cloud. We still use CB desktop for one of our programs. For our day camp we were able to customize registration down to specifics within a day. Most CAMP software was setup as week long sessions at the least, CB allowed us to set up sessions by day.

Nachteile: Most things we may have wished were different at some point were addressed and updated along the way.
The biggest thing is that it would be great to be able to adjust fees at a session level without affecting fees for the whole set up.
Also, in order to customize reports in the cloud, you have to learn another system. In desktop, if you learned Access you could customize.

Camp Brain

Bewertet am 25.7.2019
Ryan D.
Programs Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: CampBrain greatly helps us with keeping our logistics organized. We use the conference center side as well as the camp side. The combination of the two works well for our needs.

Vorteile: - Great to keep track of calendar with multiple groups coming and going
- Can input lodging, meals, meeting spaces
- Alerts when something is double booked
- Can log communications

Nachteile: - Not all camps are the same and sometimes difficult to get the things/ specific reports needed

Best Program Ever

Bewertet am 6.9.2018
Adam M.
Technology Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love this program because it offers online registration and real-time registration numbers. The reports are easy to run and you can set up automatic replies.

Nachteile: One thing that I don't enjoy about Camp Brain is the crossover between different "programs." We use this site for various "programs" at our school. I wish that all of the programs were merged into one site.

Camp Brain review

Bewertet am 3.9.2018
Director of Guest
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: What I like most about Camp Brain is the look. I also like the ability to click on a reservation and get more details.

Nachteile: Camp Brain frustrates me a lot. The thing that bothers me the most is going from one month to another. There is no flow. Also, that you cannot change your week to start on Sunday like a traditional calendar. I do not like that there is not an option to make a room/meeting space clean (ready) or dirty. We have to use a google document for that. Overall the software is laggy and needs major work.

Great for campers but not well integrated

Bewertet am 13.11.2018
Director of Communications and Development
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The camper registration part is great! Lots of information and easy to find.

Nachteile: I don't like that the camper and fundraising modules aren't integrated very well.

Useful, but complicated

Bewertet am 19.4.2019
Erin P.
Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: CampBrain makes it easy for me to see the different children I am teaching during summer camp at my school, filtering by the different sessions and options of attendance.

Nachteile: When sending emails through CampBrain to my families, I wish there were a way to CC a colleague or fellow camp counselor. Instead, I can only send emails directly to the families, with them only able to reply to me, not the entire team.
It's also a lot of steps to find the right group, filtering through all the different menus, to send an email to.

CampBrain makes signing up for camp and tracking participants easy!

Bewertet am 7.5.2018
Alicia C.
Children's Ministry Assistant

Kommentare: Easy to use with lots of options!

Vorteile: I like that this software saves your information so that every year you sign up for camp you do not have to input your information over and over again. I also like that Camp Brain allows users to easily run endless reports to see the status of each camp session.

Nachteile: I find this program to be user-friendly and have not had any issues. However, sometimes I find that parents get confused when they are signing themselves up for camp with their kids.

I love this software!

Bewertet am 30.11.2018
Lynne C.
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I used this for years when employed at a Summer Camp. It is incredibly easy to use and the reporting capabilities was top notch.

Nachteile: I did not have any issues with this product

Complete frustration

Bewertet am 9.6.2017
Stephanie A.
Camp director

Vorteile: It makes all of the camp registration process available online. We are able to organize our camp and camper data in one place.

Nachteile: It is horribly frustrating to use. Every technical efficiency problem we have is because of CampBrain. The database is so difficult to use, when people register for camp it doesn't automatically populate the fields in the database so each camper still needs to be manually entered at the camp office.