Powerful Software and Solutions for Businesses of All Sizes

Bewertet am 18.2.2016
Carrie A.
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

Vorteile: We reviewed numerous practice management solutions but were unable to settle on any one, as there was always a missing part or feature we needed. As a new business, balancing considerations related to cost and access proved more difficult than anticipated - at least until we found Compulink Psych Advantage! The robust and versatile nature of Compulink Psych Advantage was a complete surprise, providing everything we need in an affordable solution that addresses current concerns while allowing for projected growth. The continual improvements and openness to client feedback is refreshing and appreciated.
The Compulink Team is extremely professional, offering guidance and assistance through every step of the implementation process. Their attention to detail and obvious care to ensure every need is addressed and handled quickly makes them an invaluable asset to Compulink, and our business as well.

Nachteile: In looking at Compulink Psych Advantage, the demo was quite helpful in providing an overview. I was initially disappointed there was not an option to log into a test version of the software to 'try it out' beforehand. If you are a hands on person who needs to try it first before you decide, you may be disappointed to find a working demo version is not yet available. However, the demo was more thorough than anticipated and Psych Advantage was as easy to navigate as it appeared.

After 15 years with Compulink - I made the right decision

Bewertet am 25.8.2015
Mark P.
Optometrist

Kommentare: We have had Compulink now for over 15 years and have enjoyed the flexibility and ease of the software.
The high points are numerous, from the EHR to the optical inventory management, from the patient web registration to the EOB posting, not to mention the response time for call backs to our office.
We have been using the EHR component for 8 years and have enjoyed the ability to design our own custom tabs and exam forms. We also integrated all of our diagnostic instruments into compulink which has saved the staff a lot of time. We have the A/R, OCT, retinal camera, topographer, visual field and anterior segment cameras all linked into our EHR so that after a couple clicks of the mouse this information is downloaded into the patients medical record. The viewing software in compulink (to view the diagnostic images) is so comprehensive that we did not need to go to a third party platform such as FORUM or Synergy. Optical inventory goes by very quickly with the use of a handheld scanner. This scanner is also used for checking out products from inventory on retail sales. One of the most outstanding features of compulink is their web-registration. The patients are directed to go to our website to complete their online paperwork ie demographics, family and health information including meds and allergies along with all of their medical and vision plan information. Once the patient arrives in the office all of this data is transferred to the medical record. Talk about saving time! New patients can be taken back to pretesting within 5 minutes of their arrival to the office. One of the major problems that I see on these review sites is the slow response time for the software companies to get back to you concerning an issue. I can honestly say that this has never been a issue with compulink. Although if I had one issue it would be for them to have the call center open on weekends. The opticians have an easy time with the spectacle Rx screen. We limit the choices they have to choose from based upon what we want them to sell and we are able to incorporate packages such as ie Recreational sunglasses that will have highend AR, Polarized and UV treatment all at the click of one button. I have not had any real issues while with compulink, they do update their software every 2-3 months which I feel is an advantage. Overall I would grade them 9.5/10

Changing over to Compulink's Advantage, Addiction has been a good decision. We now have the opportunity to provide significant reporting on the population we serve and deeper financial outcomes to be used for Quality Improvement.

Bewertet am 15.4.2018
Patty T.
Administrator
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our switch from an electronic health record, specifically developed for primary care to Compulink's Advantage Addiction that provides documentation around behavioral health has been a good decision.There are few options available in this service field that is as flexible as Compulink. I look forward to more in-patient treatment facilities coming on board so that a consoritum of users can work together and provide additional support.

Vorteile: Advantage provides an immediate snapshot of a client for easy lookup and editing. Compulink's Coordinator and Trainer has been readily available to all staff to answer to the issues and any questions that come up, allowing for limited downtime or productivity. I am sure as we gain more experience, our utilization can only improve. I expect that Advantage will provide us with the necessary work process mandated by state statutes and optimal business practices.

Nachteile: I understand Gookomis Endaad may be the first in-patient treatment facility, which has been somewhat challenging to meet our basic needs. However, Compulink perseveres in modifying the product as we gain more experience. There are also some basic modifications that will be shared for consideration to process billing more efficiently. I would also recommend modifications to the training process. A better initial discussion regarding the implementation timelines in layman's terms would alleviate many of the pressures on the customers side, especially when there is limited IT support.

Practice EMR software

Bewertet am 12.11.2019
Susan S.
Practice Manager
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We do everything and the doctor really likes to use it because it is easy once it is set up for them

Vorteile: It is very easy to use and great customer service

Nachteile: They still are developing and you must have super users to always be entering things to a database so if you are a small business it is much hard to set up with limited amount of employees. Also they charge you for things so be aware of what you are getting charged for.

We call them Compu-stink

Bewertet am 27.6.2017
Andi D.
Billing Manager
Medizinische Praxis, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I wish I could go back in time. I was so naive.

Vorteile: I like their instant messaging system. And their ICD9 conversion to ICD10 was done very well.

Nachteile: Customer service is EXTREMELY expensive. And they will sometimes NEVER call you back. I'm still waiting for Sangit to call me from a problem I've had since 2015! We have been using them since 2012, everything was set up wrong and we have had constant problems since. We have regretted going with them but are now stuck with them because we've sunk so much money into it. We even had to hire an IT person who is on call for when something goes wrong. Their support is full of people who don't even know how the software works and will tie up your computer trying to figure things out for hours. We dread running their updates because, while they fix some bugs, they implement a whole slew of new ones. We seriously feel like beta testers. They should be paying us because we are the ones figuring out the problems for them. If you complain too much, they will blacklist you and no one will return your calls. And there's no one you can submit formal complaints to. It just falls on dead ears. This is not the way a good company should be run. Their salespersons will tell you anything you want to get you to sign with them. A lot of the initial things we made a point to ask about when meeting with them were nothing like they promised. And when you bring it up to them, they make excuses and say that it's ridiculous for us to expect it to run like that.

Compulink Eyecare

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Taylor C.
Optometric technician
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall this software is easily to learn/use. However I would not recommend because of the constant crashing of the Compulink system. It is frustrating when you can't do your day to day tasks without the system freezing or shutting down.

Vorteile: This software is easy to maneuver and easily learned by new employees. You can quickly schedule patient appointments as well as access patient records of their last appointments, glasses orders, prescriptio s and payments.

Nachteile: This software freezes constantly! My manager was continually on the phone with Compulink customer service because our system would crash in the middle of a busy day with 5 patients in the office. If it wasnt completely down then it would freeze on a page and we would be stuck from 1-3 gours until Compulink fixed 'the bug' as we were told.

Compulink is very user friendly, easy to train staff

Bewertet am 8.6.2017
Shauna K.
Practice Manager
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: it works very well in an optometry office

Vorteile: Mostly that it is easy to use. Most screens are self explanatory and do not require a lot of explanation. Things are easy to find.

Nachteile: Any custom functions can be overridden in upgrades and have less support for the custom forms. As newer practice manager, learning the building of the templates and how to make changes to them can be a bit overwhelming. I have worked on the compulink system for over 11 years and some of the set ups of the system are difficult to navigate.

Lackluster experience with Compulink PsychAdvantage

Bewertet am 12.12.2017
Tiffany D.
Clinical Director
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It has the ability to do a vast number of things. It has a lot of different reports you can run depending on what you are wanting.

Nachteile: We frequently have issues and it takes a while for them to resolve the issues. We are always told to simply update the software even though we just did an update a few days before. There also is no way to make sure that all billed visits have been documented.

Great support, but the program itself lacks compatibility in certain areas.

Bewertet am 7.6.2017
Rita E.
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are currently looking for a new program.

Vorteile: It is easy to use; if there is a problem, the support is quick to answer. When viewing the program, it is easy to understand.,

Nachteile: There are come common sense areas that the program does not sync up. It keeps on getting more expensive. The patient bills are horrible and hard for our clients to understand.

compulink

Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Brenda S.
Billing Manager
Medizinische Praxis, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: They have specialists on the it team that worked or have training in the sector they represent. RN with orthopedic experience to set up the ortho ehr

Nachteile: Not s practice management system for orthopedics. There is no faking it. We had to learn how to “jerry rig” the system to work for us

Overall happy I made my decision to go with Compulink

Bewertet am 26.5.2017
Suzanne M.
owner/optometrist
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I had a rocky start getting set up with them, but that is to be expected with any practice transitioning to EMR for the first time. Now I am up and running things are fairly smooth.

Vorteile: Good value for money, the trainers were very helpful. They have a lot of good features like accounts receivable and also I like how you can customize the EMR to a certain extent. They also can do an unsigned files report which is helpful to be sure no files get forgotten. I also like the option to integrate the billing and recalls right in the same software.

Nachteile: Very hard to get a hold of the support team sometimes, but to be fair they are easier to get a hold of than several competitors I have worker with. The accounting department did make several errors in my bills but I did get that straightened out.

I've used Compulink advantage for 25 years and software training/help is outstanding and beyond compare.

Bewertet am 15.9.2017
Alana C.
Billing manager
Medizinische Praxis, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Add Gateway clearinghouse.

Vorteile: Lots of customizing options. Always improving and adding features along with new technology. Phenomenal software assistance.

Nachteile: Remote-in feature instead of purchasing Remote-in options vs purchasing licenses would significantly lower costs to provider. Emdeon does not offer ERA to two major NY insurance companies for our practice.

Great software

Bewertet am 9.1.2018
Sandra D.
Proprietor
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Very in-depth system. Reports are thorough and you can choose what you want to see on the reports. Claims are easy to submit.

Nachteile: Doesn't have multiple screens like other software (Kareo). Would be nice to bring up more than one patient to look at and compare, if needed. Patient statements still look like DOS statements - not with the times...

Lots of customization, high learning curve

Bewertet am 13.12.2017
Shaune W.
Medizinische Praxis, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Lots of customization options. Many ways to make it your own and tweak the flow to match your office needs. Templates are flexible and allow you to make an exam chart that matches exactly what you are doing. It is constantly being updated and Compulink is always asking for feedback to help improve the software.

Nachteile: The customization is a boon but also a curse. It makes it harder to learn the software and having some experience with coding is necessary to get the full potential out of the software. The training process isn't straight forward though a large training manual and videos exist it takes time to sift through the information.

Long Term Client

Bewertet am 23.9.2015
Jenna S.
Director of Operations

Kommentare: Our office has been using the Compulink Advantage software for over 20years for billing purposes. We have been using them for EHR since 2009. As with all medical software, I believe is a slight learning curve, but the training and customer service Compulink provides helps make up for that. -- I have always been fairly tech savy, however, my software/script writing is not in the same league as the Compulink staff. I have definitely learned A LOT during the 5yrs I have been the office manager/Compulink contact for our office but I would have not have been able to do as much as I can now without the help from the Compulink staff. I have used their training services multiple times: a one-on-one training with a Compulink staff member is so beneficial. They answer any and all your questions and work to make sure you know how to handle the discussed situation so next time you can solve the problem on your own. However, they are available to help if you need it! On my first day in the OM position we had to do a large version update (9 to 10 I think). The update did not go properly and I literally lost all information/data. However, the Compulink emergency staff called me back within 10mins of my phone call and worked in conjunction with our IT staff to get all data found and reloaded within one business day. I am certain, without their help we would have not gotten as many records back as we had. -- Plus, I now schedule every update with a Compulink staff member and they are always willing to run them for me!

Psych Advantage is THE EHR system for mental health professionals!

Bewertet am 24.8.2015
Melissa S.
2.5/5

Vorteile: We have been using Psych Advantage by Compulink since April 2015. We are thrilled with what it has done for the flow of business operations and chart compliance. It took quite a bit of admin (myself, the Executive Director and our CBO) time to set up and customize and we continue to make modification to meet our clinical and research needs. I would say, if your practice has 4 or more clinicians, this product should definitely be on your list to try out. It is expensive but worth every $ we have spent so far. Our staff say that after minimal training (less than 3 hrs each) they can work the system without much issue. Our staff also say it has decreased their paperwork time significantly. One of our staff's favorite features it how it automatically generates assessment reports. Would be happy to share more information with anyone interested.

Nachteile: There is really little to say about what we do NOT like. It is certainly more expensive that other softwares, however, once you think of all it does for a practice in terms of the ease of billing, remittances, and keeping charts compliant in case of audit, it pays for itself.

Good product over-all. Glitches here and there.

Bewertet am 11.8.2016
Cynthia M.
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge

Vorteile: Always updating to make the program better. Customizable. Since this was not a web-based program we were able to scan document directly into the program which was SUPER convenient. Not sure if they are web-based now.

Nachteile: Customer service left us hanging once or twice - They use Emdeon as a clearinghouse, I was not a huge fan of their customer service AT ALL. EHR is integrated, BUT, you have to pay for the software up-front, purchase and maintain your own server, and pay for monthly subscription for customer service. Again, we stopped using this in 2015 - things may have changed since.

Compulink Gives You the Edge

Bewertet am 14.11.2016
Carrie A.
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It was a very intimidating process to review numerous software packages. As a new company, I was concerned about finding an option that would be appropriate for a start up business (cost effective, functional, etc) that would not require a change as we grow. PsychAdvantage by Compulink was the perfect solution! If you want flexibility in a complete software program that meets your business needs, Compulink's software gives you the edge in every area.

Vorteile: The software is comprehensive and allows you to quickly and efficiently enter client data and track everything that is important to you. The streamlined screen flow, electronic billing, meaningful use, and other features in this HIPAA compliant software make it an affordable powerhouse for any business.

I am an Eyecare Advantage with 10+ years experience in a multi-doctor multi-location practice.

Bewertet am 24.6.2015
Shannon B.
Operations Manager

Kommentare: Eyecare Advantage is geared for the optical industry and customization of the software makes our jobs much easier. Compulink offers excellent support six days a week which puts my mind at ease that help is only a phone call away. I like the fact Compulink offers various support departments depending on my question or issue and I do not get a random CSR. If I have a meaningful use question, I get directed to a meaningful use expert. If I have a billing question, I get routed to the EDI department, etc. Compulink offers a wide variety of training opportunities from live webinars to pre-recorded courses on every aspect of the software so companies can train as they see necessary and the training is available 24/7. As milestones happen in our industry such as implementation of ICD-10, Compulink keeps clients updated with resources continually available. Compulink offers a variety of a la carte features in addition to their software product such as Demand Force for automated texts and e-mail reminders to patients, etc. The software is overall user friendly and easy to program on the back-end. I do wish I had the capability to customize reports from within the software that was much more specific to the information I want to be on one report but having said that, I can pull the information needed from the built-in reports, I may just have to run two reports instead of just one. Overall very happy with this product and the functionality of it.

My best employee

Bewertet am 15.3.2018
Paul D.
Doctor
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Wish I had acquired sooner for my practice.

Vorteile: Makes my patient documentation easy. Great applicable updates. Customer support has always been prompt and caring. Has been my best employee.

Just getting started

Bewertet am 8.8.2017
Sarah C.
Audiologist/Director
Medizinische Praxis, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Very easy to customize. Company is open to adding features. Has been around for quite a while, which is reassuring. Cloud access is a big plus for our multi-site practice. Audiology integration with NOAH right out of the box was a big selling feature. Was able to do an unlimited claims option that made for higher, but level monthly costs, which made the change easier for our practice owner to swallow. Our old billing-only software was grandfathered in an unlimited plan. Search functions seem particularly robust on this software.

Nachteile: Learning curve for our staff is steep, but appears to be manageable. Could be more colorful for the staff who look at it for 8 hours a day. A few staff members were hoping we chose a system that looked more like an app., though that one was priced much higher and did not have EHR.

a one trick pony

Bewertet am 27.10.2016
D M.

Kommentare: I've had this system for almost a year, but had it in another office 15 yrs ago. It was terrible then and it hasn't gotten any better. Support can take days to call you back. The ridiculous thing about this software is that it's extremely complex, yet you can still only do one thing at a time. So if you're trying to make an appointment and someone needs to get something dispensed, you have to close out of the scheduler and dispense, then come back to the scheduler. Or vice versa, you can be dispensing, need to make an appointment, but can't do it, because you're in the scheduler. We're typically working with multiple patients with limited staff, and this software is NOT up to handling multi tasking. Data entry is all over the place, as some places have pull down menus, while others have type in entry boxes. There's like 30 different premade exam setups that come with it, but you really only need 4 or 5, yet you can't get rid of all the others from that drop down screen, so you're always having to search for what you want. It can't properly add, so when you're checking somebody out, you have to manually add up what the patient owes, because the system will overcharge them by some odd and varying amount. Don't waste your time with this software.

Vorteile: None

Nachteile: It's not able to multitask in any way shape or form. It's stupidly complicated for everything you try to do. Even basic stuff is not user friendly.

Stay far away.

Bewertet am 22.9.2019
Christopher I.
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: They make it more difficult to manage your practice and be profitable, the opposite of their claims. We've got 25 years in their software, so we are heavily invested. I don't think they will change because the owner doesn't really care about their Optometry clients. That's the feeling we have.

Vorteile: Patient scheduling was good, but they seem to make it worse with updates. Spectacle POS better than original set-up.

Nachteile: You have to be very tech savvy to have everything work properly. It is very tedious to document an exam. They lost our inventory on conversion to the cloud and didn't seem to care. A lot of excuses and we had to re-enter our inventory. We've lost thousands of dollars because their was a glitch in their VSP interface and we get the "oh well, we're trying to fix it".

Nightmare

Bewertet am 6.2.2019
Erica P.
optometrist
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's a nightmare! Do not buy this system!

Vorteile: The system layout is relatively intuitive to use and has options for customization but the customization is difficult to do and it is not used friendly AT ALL.

Nachteile: The customer service is useless and billing is a nightmare. The company is run incredibly poorly. They constantly are updating the program and with each update, one thing may be fixed but there are a million new errors that you have to wait for the next update to fix... its a constant cycle of drop downs and other basic features not functioning then being fixed then something else not functioning. Every time I call to get help from the "customer support" the staff is rude and unhelpful and not at all apologetic about their program being a mess.

Server based program requires a lot of training, is expensive up front, and crashes frequently

Bewertet am 5.5.2017
Aimee F.
CCMHC
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I wish I had gone with a cloud based program in the 1st place. I stayed with Compulink for 9 years because of the initial investment and hours of training I had put into it, but it crashed on me (or my front desk staff) numerous times making it impossible to do notes, scheduling, billing, etc. for any given work day. I'm frustrated I stayed with the software for this long, now I need to transfer 900+ clients to a different software.

Vorteile: I can do scheduling, notes, and billing from the same software. It also has picture capabilities. Received over 40+ hours of training when 1st purchased.

Nachteile: Not user friendly and can't access without being in the office, or connecting remotely. It seems like any updates to Windows, or the server, or my computer all seem to lock the software, making it unopenable. The current support system didn't work for me. I'd have to call and leave a message, or send an email request, and expect a response when it's convenient for support...usually NOT convenient for me. I called when it was convenient for me. I needed help then. Lot's of clicking and opening different programs in order to send bills, process payment, etc. Lots of steps for a simple task.