Awesome time tracking app!

Bewertet am 2.5.2019
Narendra V.
Co-founder

Kommentare: I am using Toggl since 2017. And everyone at SprintCube is using Toggl for tracking their time. This helps me to focus on important things instead of micromanaging. We use it for all our activities like meetings, development, calls, and what not. Also, this data helps us to negotiate with clients!! We can also have different reports which help us to identify the areas where and how much our time is invested. Overall, this app is awesome and helps us to be more productive!

Vorteile: Toggl is a full-featured time tracking application. - It is very simple to use.
- It provides features like idle time detection, tracking reminder.
- The app is available for all the platforms like desktop, mobile, and web. You can even integrate into the Chrome browser to easily track time on any third-party application like BitBucket, GitLab, Jira, etc.
- Powerful reports with export option. You can filter the time entries by project, client or user.
- An option to create different workspaces which help to be more organized.
- You can create a client, their projects and also assign a team to track everyone's time.
- An option to assign tags to time entries. This helps to filter reports.
- Everything is synced in the cloud, so we can use it from anywhere. Also, we don't have to worry about data backup.
- The paid version has more advanced features, but I haven't used them yet as the free version provides most of the features that I need!

Nachteile: In the free version, it provides all the basic features. But still, I miss the following things. - In reports, the time entries are not grouped by date.
- The number of users in a team is just 5. It would be great to have at least 10 users for small agencies which can't afford the paid version.

A solid offering in the time-tracking space.

Bewertet am 4.12.2019
Technology Consultant
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, it does what I need to. I have tried many MANY time tracking softwares over the years, including the time tracker included with FreshBooks - which you would think I'd use as it integrates directly with my billing - but I kept coming back to and using Toggl, despite the few hiccups I encounter.

Vorteile: The key for me here is its ability to integrate with my project management software: Asana. Beyond that, I think they have a good cross-platform presence with their easy-to-use mobile app and, desktop (Windows) app and web app; I use all 3 regularly but the desktop client the most. Oh yeah, and the Chrome extension.

Nachteile: Its cross-platform nature also proves to be a challenge (at lest for me). There are 4 places I set it up (see Pros) and sometimes they conflict / send duplicate messages / aren't in sync or don't sync very quickly. If you're on one computer, this isn't an issue but when moving between devices this isn't as seamless as I'd like. Part of this might be attributed to my own connectivity challenges at times and the configuration of each client on every system. The thing is, I don't need notifications from the web app and desktop client and the desktop client on my laptop next to me. But the Chrome extension is required to sync with Asana and I prefer to use the desktop client when, well, I'm at my desktop. So... short of going in and honing which notifications show where, it remains an issue. I have done this, yet I tend to format my system a few times a year and having no way to "remember" these settings becomes a pain. I also spend more time than I'd like correcting tags, and making sure tasks are categorized properly. There's an odd bug in the Asana integration that forces me to use a mouse to add tags rather than keeping my hands on my keyboard. A small nitpick but it does mess with my flow.

Toggl is the best time tracking software

Bewertet am 14.10.2019
Lisandro R.
Marketing
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've been using Toggl in our business for over a year. It's key to track the time it takes to do certain tasks. We didn't know that when we started and we weren't tracking anything. When we found that out, we started tracking our times manually (writing the time of start and the time we ended in Evernote) This activity itself took too much time. But when we discovered Toggl it was productivity-changing! It's essential for our daily activities now. We considered many options like RescueTime and others I don't remember but found Toggl to be the most straightforward/easy to use

Vorteile: How EASY it is to use the features. I love that it remembers past entries so you don't need to retype any frequent activities. Also, the reports are really detailed. And I really appreciate it when I get an email from Toggl because I forgot to stop the timer; really useful!

Nachteile: The fact that it has not a mobile version of their site. The Toggl app was a total mess since the day I installed even though they tried to fix the issues updating the app several times (and even making a NEW app) but with no results. So when using my phone, I rely on their website to access my Toggl timer and reports but it looks terrible on phones. Also, their reports are not directly accessed via the Toggl desktop program but it opens the website (so when I have no internet access I cannot see it; it would be cool if I could).

Time tracking that doesn't feel like wasting time

Bewertet am 30.4.2019
Sven E.
Web Developer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I'm using Toggl daily to track and manage my time.

Vorteile: It's extremely easy to get going with Toggl. It's also extremely quick to get used to. And in general: Toggl is quick.
Entering & categorising tasks & starting and stopping time tracking for any particular activity is super fast & frictionless. It's obvious that Toggl doesn't want you to waste time with their software, they want you to get things done. And that core idea becomes apparent in every interaction with their app. It's minimalist, to the point of seeming spartanic, with no fluffy UI features and no fancy animations. Toggl doesn't need any of that and the developers know it.
Perhaps the only selling point more important than its ease of use & no-nonsense UI is the fact that Toggls API can be integrated with almost any other service. It's also extremely easy to write your own scripts & actions for Toggl because their API, much like the App itself, is extremely easy to use.

Nachteile: While the mobile & web parts of Toggl are well maintained & fit the "frugal" UI design beautifully, the macOS desktop app can seem uninviting and almost "broken" if you don't know what your getting into.

Satisfying time tracking

Bewertet am 29.10.2019
Christopher H.
Artist / Designer
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: As a designer working with clients this helps me create accurate reports but additionally helps me gain better understanding about where my time is spent on different areas of projects, helping me make better time estimates.

Vorteile: I have been using Toggl for a very long time (perhaps since it's release!) and it is continually being improved upon with each iteration and update. I love how easy it is to use and I especially love the ability to create and view detailed reports as they pertain to client work or projects. Also, as silly as it sounds, I love the simply design and pie charts to show where you spent your time on tasks within a project. Also the fact that you can use the app on your phone and desktop just promotes time tracking easily at your fingertips wherever you are doing your current task.

Nachteile: The only caveat I would say is that you need to think about how you want to break your projects into tasks and groupings in order to get the most out of your reports. But that is easily overcome.

Very easy to use and well-organized

Bewertet am 20.12.2019
Cheryl N.
Content Curator
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I am highly satisfied and willing to recommend it to other freelancers who are looking for a reliable time tracker app.

Vorteile: I love that I can organize all my tasks into one. It is also easy to use even if you are a beginner. I like that you can install the time tracker on Chrome extension as well as on your desktop. I also don't have to check my hours from time to time because it displays the timer on the tabs. In that way, I can see how far I have been working without having to go back and forth to check the app.

Nachteile: I don't find anything negative in this app. It has been my useful companion and I like it so much! I can filter my time records based on projects or clients which is great and time-saving!

Makes time tracking a breeze

Bewertet am 6.11.2019
Sarah L.
Graphic Designer
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: My overall experience has been great. The app is very practical and user-friendly.

Vorteile: I like being able to stop and restart tasks that I'm working on since I go back and forth between projects a lot. Also, I can categorize each task based on the project it's for and the client it's for which makes billing super easy. At the end of each week, I go into the summary in the browser and can see the total amount of time spent on each task and project when I'm making an invoice. The app will also give a pop-up reminder if you've been idle with the timer running, which is super helpful.

Nachteile: I honestly have no complaints about Toggl. It's served me well.

Time tracking is super easy

Bewertet am 9.12.2019
Rivka N.
freelance web designer
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, toggl is an amazing ime tracking ap. The reports are crystal clear, it's easy to find out exactly how much time you spent on which project, which team member did what on which project, etc. EAsy to use, has a desktop app(which I love), can access it from the browser as well.
Overall a great product!

Vorteile: I love how easy it is to track time. I'm a freelancer with many many projects happening simultaneously, so the ease of being able to just type in the name of the project, a short description, and GO, is such a simple process, it doesn't take any time out of my work day- which is important since I' only being paid for what's tracked on the timer.

Nachteile: Wish the paid features were free as well (such as the ability to add an amount per hour and track how much i should be paid directly from the app) =] but I know not everything can be free in life=]

Simple and effective

Bewertet am 17.10.2019
Sudeep A.
Language Analyst
Verlagswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was introduced this when I joined my team, but I've used it for personal uses as well. Great for tracking anything really.

Vorteile: Toggl is super simple. It is literally toggling start and stop. You may enter the task name, assign to a project, give it a colour, share in a team, see day's and week's productivity, etc., but the core function is just a simple start and stop. It can also be integrated in some other places like project management websites.

Nachteile: There's not much to not like, to be honest. I wish it would have alarms. "You have worked over 8 hours on this project, which is beyond the time you set for yourself, so wrap it up." or something like that.

The best time tracking tool with a side of project management

Bewertet am 29.12.2019
Previn M.
Analyst
Unternehmensberatung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am able to do billing to clients quicker and faster with Toggl, and the timesheets has been extremely accurate given how the team has been using it diligently.

Vorteile: Toggl integrated super well with Google Calendars, which is extremely useful. Toggl works very well in getting in right in time tracking, with some additional features which are cool to have. I noticed that Toggl has Pomodoro technique built in, which is cool and something I might consider in the future. UI wise, Toggl certainly got it right and it super easy to use.

Nachteile: Well, this is not really a "Con" but there is too much additional stuff on Toggl which I do not really need. Toggl gets the job done.

Best Time Tracker, hands down!

Bewertet am 10.12.2019
Producer
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My time was slipping away and I didn't know where it was all going. Waiting for files to render means 4-10 minutes of time twiddling my thumbs; then picking up on some other task like replying to emails that I would like to do for the ten minutes. That quickly turns into 40 minutes and then the momentum is gone! I don't know how long Ive been working on what and then all of a sudden its 5pm and its all over! Toggl makes the day seem worth it. When you can accurately track your time you can see where you are slipping up; going over; losing money and it helps get over the pitfalls of a busy and variety filled work day. If you work with multiple clients, have many different types of tasks, or you want to know how much to bill a client (a function I didnt use it for as I work for myself) Toggl is the job. I can think of so many more uses for it that don't apply to me or my business but its robust and really well integrated with loads of other apps.

Vorteile: Toggl is so easy to use! There is an auto function that gathers info on what you are doing on your computer and you can then review the items in 15 minute chunks; by app, by webpage or by document. Its such an easy way to automatically track your time so you aren't fussing with buttons etc. Really easy and beautiful interface too. The app integrations are great and work with apps like Asana and Trello really well.

Nachteile: Some small bugs when switching from apps too quickly and the mobile app doesn't have the same amount of functionality as the desktop version (which is to be expected of course) Other than that its pretty solid.

We haven't considered changing tools since the beginning!

Bewertet am 10.8.2018
Lindsay V.
Operations Administrator
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have employees that use the Toggl Chrome extension and others using the desktop version. We also have it on our mobile devices. We run reports for payroll and we run reports to see how much time we spend doing a, b or c, and therefore, we are able to see what profit or loss we accumulated on a specific project, based on our original quote. It's not too complex nor too simple to meet our needs.

Vorteile: Toggl allows an employer to see all employees' details in one "team" location. The reports are wonderful. Toggl is easy to use. It connects well with other tools like Asana. Very few (if any) glitches/bugs on the important things. Aesthetically clean and easy to navigate. Updates quickly. I receive a weekly report of hours worked, classified by time spent per project. Great tagging system. Allows you to list your clients and projects so that everything stays organized. You can also add a description for any entry. Can easily pick up where you left off without having to re-enter the details of what you're working on. Great searching feature that allows you to see all work done in a time period, by group of employees, with certain key word or with one or multiple tags.

Nachteile: It would be nice if you could customize the reports more. For example, I would like to print a PDF of a report showing all time entries but not showing who was the user for each entry. There have also been some features that I've struggled to figure out how to navigate or turn off and on. For example, Toggl started creating a new entry every time I paused and resumed instead of resuming the same entry. Once resolved, it has worked great, but it took me a while to figure out what setting was causing the issue.

Super simple clean time tracking software, though recent changes make it less useful

Bewertet am 4.4.2018
Nathan B.
Environmental Scientist
Tiefbau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's the best cloud based time tracking option out there, period.

Vorteile: I love that Toggl is quick to set up new projects and get to work. It shouldn't be a big deal to start tracking your time, because it's such a minimalistic task, but a lot of time trackers make it a big thing to start a project. I also like that it's cloud based, so no matter which office I'm working from, it's not a big deal. I like that it takes time entries in various formats (like I can type in 1h, or 60:00, or 1:00 and it understands them all), and I like that it's painless to switch projects (which I do every time a co-worker comes to ask me a question).

Nachteile: I don't like the recent changes that don't let you see your history without generating a report. I also wish it integrated with Google Calendar/Outlook and would automatically import meetings/scheduled events and tag them with the correct project (or ask me if they ought to be tagged). I also don't like that it runs until you turn it off, without reminders or updates - like it'll run 8 hours and send me a reminder, but if I ignore that single note, it stops. I would like it to send multiple updates, or have the ability to cut off, and to send me a notification/alert to start it again the next morning, because sometimes I'll forget and come back two days later to find 48 hours tracked to a single project.

When I get this app set up, I'll be able to track multiple projects!

Bewertet am 10.6.2018
Laura D.

Kommentare: Better organization of workflow in my business and clearer understanding of where I'm making money and losing money!

Vorteile: Ability to track multiple activities - my time spent on marketing my biz, billable time with clients, research hours, learning time, and if I want to track personal time I can. I want to do more with less and tracking hours for billing uses lots of time. This was recommended to me as a time saving organizational tool. The free version is fairly robust (good details on their website https://toggl.com/feature-list/) and the help files are good. I'm a solopreneur, have started with the free version. It allows Up to 5 team members, Unlimited Projects, Reliable reporting plus 26 other features. The Starter version is isn't a huge expense and has 41 features compared to 29 features in the free version. The Billable Rates and Rounding in Reports, and Save Reports for easy access are the two features that will be most time-saving for me. Since I'm planning to scale up, it would be useful to track subcontractors' time working on specific projects.

Nachteile: The app will track lots of different things so it is kind of complicated to set up. I first tried to set Toggl up on my phone as I will be tracking most of my hours on my phone. This wasn't 100% successful as my phone is small, and typing and reading details is a bit tricky. I decided to set it up on my computer then track time there and on my phone depending on where I'm working. I wanted to set up as accurately as possible to utilize it well. It's much easier to open new windows for help files and tutorials while on the computer. The free version is very useful and I like seeing all my projects and how my time is spread among them. However, I was disappointed that the feature that would streamline my processes the most - creating billable time entries - requires purchasing a paid plan. (I recognize this is smart marketing for the growth of the business.)

The easiest to use time tracker out there

Bewertet am 14.12.2019
Raitis G.
Growth and Performance Marketer

Kommentare: Go for it if you need to start tracking your time without every beginning of an entry requiring you to type in a load information before the timer starts. Try with patience if you plan to use the browser version and the app simultaneously as the sync is way off. If you only stick to a single device to start and stop, be it the mobile app or browser version - it's all good. P.S. It might be that the desktop app solves this issue, but I'm not overly fond of installing something separately.

Vorteile: + I needed something that I can start and edit later to avoid distractions. This does it perfectly. You can start a timer and give it a description and project later (a surprisingly small amount of products had this).
+ A great set of features even for a free user (report exports, long history).
+ Handy renaming of more than a single entry.

Nachteile: - The one and only thing that frustrates me is the awful sync between the desktop and mobile. I have since stopped using the mobile app and keep a tab open on my PC to start and stop when I need it. Not a huge issue for me as time tracking is usually work related.

Efficent tool for time/project management

Bewertet am 17.7.2019
E-commerce Fraud and Payments Management
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This program helped the team to have a realistic understanding of the actual time spend in different activities. This allowed us to plan better our work and projects for the next months. We have also used it to measures the request we receive from external team in order to decide if in the future, we we can manage them internally or not.

Vorteile: If you don't have a lot of experience in project management or you start managing a task that is outside your daily work, it is very easy to underestimate the amount of time you need to complete it. This can cause your employees to be upset or be frustrated when trying to reach unrealistic deadlines.
Toggl is a very simple tool, but help you understand how many time you have dedicated to a task so you will have a better understanding in how your time is allocated in certain activities. This is very useful when showing clients or management how much time and resources was really needed for each project phase.
Toggl offers the ability to label projects, create groups and sends reminders when you left your timer running for too long. It also have a reporting sessions that is mainly basic but contains all the important information you might need for simple reports, To start working with the tool is very easy and it requires only a few minutes to create your account and set up.

Nachteile: My only complaint so far is the trial version allows you to add only 5 team members on your group. It is a pity, because this small limit, does not allow you to understand how powerful this tool is when managing the tasks/times of big teams

Full featured and easy to use.

Bewertet am 13.10.2017
Brandon Z.
Web Designer

Kommentare: Toggl makes it extremely easy for me to track time spent on various tasks/projects/clients. After trying Toggl for myself, I finally understand why they're so popular.

Vorteile: In comparing several time-tracking tools, Toggl ended up being the clear winner. Toggl has an interface that looks nice and is user friendly. When trying to track the time I spend working on a project, it is imperative that the process of the logging the time is as frictionless as possible. Toggl did a great job. Hours was a close tie in terms of the web app experience. Hours looked a little nicer, but was a little too minimalistic. Toggl provided the tools I actually needed. But the Mac app is what really sealed the deal for Toggl. There are times when I forget to stop the timer, and the Mac app allows Toggl to detect idle time and ask me if I want to keep it or discard it. This is absolutely a must-have feature. I should also mention: The chronological view of when and for how long I've worked on projects/clients in a given day: This was also a feature I wanted to have, and luckily Toggle includes in the "Timeline" view.

Nachteile: There's an awesome feature called Timeline which shows you a graph of what programs your using as you work on different projects... at least I think that's what it does. So far it hasn't populated with any data. It's supposed to pull data from the Mac app if you have "Record Timeline" checked, but it's not. Toggl sent out a nice "Need any help" type email and I took advantage of this to ask about the Timeline issue. However, I haven't received any reply. Hopefully they'll reply eventually... One minor con: In the chronological view (Timeline) you can't click on the timeline to manually input some time. This is nice and easy in Hours. Hours also makes it so easy to know when "now" is. In toggl, the current time isn't indicated. Unfortunate, but not a deal breaker.

Very handy tool for keeping track of time spent on multiple projects

Bewertet am 31.1.2019
Emilie G.
Event Production Coordinator
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love using Toggl to track my time as a freelancer! My clients appreciate that I can give them an exact breakdown of where my time goes, and it helps me maintain focus on my various projects.

Vorteile: As a freelancer that needs to keep track of my hours spent working for multiple clients and across multiple projects, I LOVE Toggl. I cannot stress enough how much easier this has made it for me to track my time and accurately assess what I'm spending the most time on. I especially love:
- Toggl's free plan includes enough basic features that you can get a good feel for the software without having to commit
- Ability to break down tasks within projects means helps keep timesheets as specific as possible, which my clients appreciate
- Chrome extension is very easy to use, and reminds me to track my time whenever I'm online
- Autotracker and idle time features are both extremely helpful for holding me accountable + keeping my hours accurate

Nachteile: In my opinion, Toggl is the best time-tracking software on the market right now. That being said, if I had to list potential future improvements:
- As someone that multitasks / hops around between projects pretty regularly, I wish there was a way to run multiple timers at once or otherwise account for this
- Mobile app, while a handy offering, isn't as easy to navigate as the desktop application

Best ever time tracking app

Bewertet am 13.10.2018
Dipin R.
Technical Support Engineer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: The best part about Toggle is that I can see all my representative detail in one look! The application is basic and direct to utilize and route. We can get to the undertakings by means of work area PC, versatile or any gadget. We can include notes and remarks for every section, subsequently its simple to sort and compose passages. Accessibility highlight is exceptionally hearty, with only a watchword I get every one of the insights about the undertakings. I simply love the manner in which it identifies inert time and tells me if to dispose of it. Base clients like us can utilize the free form, it gives a considerable measure of highlights. You get the opportunity to perceive how well the assignments have advanced on consistent schedule. Indeed, even the essential form has awesome announcing and fare highlights, be it Pdf or word or exceed expectations, no stresses!

Nachteile: The vast majority of the organizations for the most part incline toward a venture administration framework with a period following module instead of only a period tracker, so if the application would give venture administration as well, it would be simply heavenly! There were circumstances I experienced bugs as I had to go at exchanging between workstations. We can't utilize the device in disconnected mode.

Overall an amazing app you must have to TRACK Your Time & also for your people !

Bewertet am 17.2.2016
Sebastian P.
Web Analytics Consultant
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I really love this app and I think more people need to have this time tracking application in their toolkit for 2016. I tested a lot of apps like this but Toggl really impressed me not only by the features, performance, design and cost effective but also by the fast responses I got from Toggl Team. They sent to me also some interesting gifts in february 2016 and I really think I will recommend to all of my clients (I already shared it on my twitter and other online social networks as well) I depend on it so much. I can't imagine another week without toggl reports that shows me where my time was spent, if I was effective or not and so much more. It's so important to know your cashflow and there are a lot of tools out there for tracking that, but what are you using for your "timeflow" ??? Toggl cames with a lot of amazing features here like, clean design, amazing suport, performance in place, available for android, windows, in browser, applications and so on... Toggl has been also my #1 go to for recording my time to bill clients. I couldn't even imagine manually writing time down :)) I think that Toggl is indeed extremely helpful in making sure that everyone knows how they are spending at least their work life so they can identify the trends, patterns and repetitive things that consume this precious resource called "time" ! I'm so grateful to have found it! Thank you Toggl for helping me keep my time straight and helping my Business !

Vorteile: Amazing support
Easy to Use
Great Performance
"sexy" reports
Clean Design
Having a Clean Dashboard with the important information time-related
& more :)
Overall, let's face it...is just an App..but an Amazing one you should try it to Increase the quality of your life and Performance of your Business by spending the time in a more efficient & effective way as possible !

Nachteile: I can't use it without having the Internet On. (will be a great idea to have an option to track the time spent on your laptop and when you have the wiffi available again to sync the time)

Super easy to use

Bewertet am 17.10.2018
Chadsey L.
Marketing Manager
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Wonderful, no real complaints so far and making the switch to Toggl has been great. We have converted most of our team to Togggl and are excited to bring in some of the integrations that come with paid plans to be able to eliminate some of the admin duties and close some of the cracks we find in communication from time to time.

Vorteile: The lack of ads is wonderful! I use the free version and have found Toggl makes things much simpler for me. The reporting is great and the amount of tools offered in the free version is great. I switched from another product and my reporting of where my time is going has never been more detailed and has helped me keep on track. Tracking time is super quick and easy, especially on task that I do week after week, Toggl stores the information and auto-populates so it saves me those few seconds and gets me working faster. I love it. I also love sending in such a detailed and good looking timesheet each period, way better than just a csv boring spreadsheet. I know we are only scratching the surface with what Toggl can do, hopefully as we grow our Toggl use and team will grow too to be able to streamline even more with their integrations.

Nachteile: The only thing so far that inconveniences me is the inability to export reports on the Android app. I don't know if that is something that is coming to it eventually, or if that is only available with a different level of plan. But I am 80% of the time mobile and need to send in reports on the go, which isn't too much of a problem that I am always with a laptop. But having to go that extra step does cost me a few minutes here and there. Exporting from mobile would be a huge help.

Perfect Timekeeping for COnsultants

Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: As an independent management consultant, I need to keep track of the hours I spend working on various projects with multiple clients. Not only does this help me bill appropriately, it also helps the client know exactly where their money is going when they work with me. This is the first program I tried for timekeeping and over two years, I have never felt the need to switch to try or switch to any other program.

Vorteile: I have used Toggl from the moment I started my consulting business. I love that it has both the "timer" feature as well as the "manual" feature, which is what I use the most. I appreciate how I can have unlimited clients and projects for those clients. The reports I can run from Toggl are perfect: I can run by week, month, or custom time period and by client + all projects, or just by project. I run & download the colorful monthly reports and provide this information to my clients, and they really appreciate the detail. Toggl is easy to use, has great features even in the free version, and does everything I need for it to do.

Nachteile: I have yet to find anything about Toggle that I don't like. I recommend it to every consultant that I meet who asks "What do you use to keep track of your time?"

Easy to log time with toggl.

Bewertet am 27.6.2019
Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Toggl has all the features that a time management solution needs, a simple UI, working feature and reporting ability. I highly recommended toggl.

Vorteile: It is very simple to use, and manual time logging just workes. I am not a very time management person, but I have limited time so I need to manage it very efficiently, for which I signup for toggl, for helping me with time management.
It is a really very smooth experience and working in toggle. The browser-based system helps me to log my time on a project from anywhere, office, home, or from a cafe.
With unlimited project and client now I can manage all my projects into one place which is a big feature for me.
The report exporting helps me to get an overview of my work, and minimize time waste.

Nachteile: It's a perfect solution for me to use and didn't find any cons yet.

Simple, easy time tracking

Bewertet am 23.2.2017
Amanda G.
Amanda Gibbs
Automotive, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've used Toggl for the past few years as a quick and inexpensive way to track my time between multiple projects and report the ratio of time spent between them. The software boasts plenty of features for the base/free version (which is the version I use) along with basic reporting. The design is attractive and minimal while the time-tracking pages are easy to use and view. I would recommend this product to others looking for a basic time tracking software.

Vorteile: I love the minimal, user-friendly design of this software. Daily time-tracking is easy to complete and view in list-view. I am currently using the free version and really appreciate the reporting tools they provide, even for base users.

Nachteile: There are a few bugs here and there with Toggl when switching between workspaces, but they haven't deterred me from using the product. When trying to view a report for a workspace it seems that you need to have it set as your primary workspace, there is no way to switch between different workspaces in the reporting tab.

Easiest time tracker you'll ever use

Bewertet am 2.11.2018
Melissa D.
Founder + Creative Director
Design, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I like that Toggl is easy to use. Minimal setup required. Create your account and start tracking your time. I also like that the system gives you the ability to add client names, and create different projects under one client "folder". The system sends you handy weekly summaries to show you how many hours you spent on your projects over the previous week. You can generate reports to send to clients, as well as get an overview over the last few months to see how your time was divided amongst projects. Even if you don't bill hourly (I don't), it still helps you determine how long you've taken on a project, so that you can better estimate how long a certain type of project takes you. This way you can bill more accurately and helps to ensure that you're making profit.

Nachteile: I wish there were more colours to choose from when assigning clients a colour. Once I've used them all once, it becomes more of a challenge to quickly associate clients with colours in my mind. But that's pretty minor. But I think that's a potential improvement for future (albeit a small one).