Über Tick

Tick ist eine Zeiterfassung-Software, die Dir hilft, profitablere Projekte laufen zu lassen. Integrierbar mit Base-Camping, Asana, Trello und mehr ...

Erfahre mehr über Tick

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (1.420)

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie Tick bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (1.420)

Veronica M.
Veronica M.
Fashion journalist in Kenia
Onlinemedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Tick-I Approve.

Kommentare: With my busy schedule,Tick has helped me in tracking my time in relevance to achieving my set goal.It's easy to use and amazing add on for basecamp

For a busy person ,bad with keeping track of time like me,Tick is the solution.The accounts and projects are flexiable and very easy to set it up.It helps in easy tracking of time by indicating the time allocated,time billed and the remaining time hense enabling the user hit the set target.It's easy to import projects and add different tasks and produce detailed time reports by company project and task.one can easily retrieve the data and add to pivot tables to graphically view where time is spent.The best part of it is,it intergrates well with project management software such as Basecamp which bring the time tracking and budget feedback into project management workflow.

Though it can be manageble,i find the process of editing past time entries from any of the summary views long and tiresome.It is also slow at sometimes when it comes for updating time entry field with the item clicked .

Graphic Designer in Indonesien
Design, Selbstständig

This product help me to work with my client easier.

Kommentare: Pretty well nice, this product done to help freelancer like me to make easier on project to my client.

the tool & feature is simple. the product have many shortcut for progress in project.

the UI or visual need a update or modern style for the better way to many people love it.

Rob H.
Creative Director, Senior Designer and Developer in USA
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Switching from Toggl to Tick

Kommentare: We made the move to Tick because Toggl didn't provide an easy way to track the progress of a project or task. With Tick, we're able to see this, to an extent, while tracking time. However, this only shows up *after* you've "entered" time. So, there isn't a way to view the "estimated" time budget, factoring in the timer that's currently running. It would be a huge, AMAZING, help to be able to see this in REAL time is not at the end of the day, when I've submitted my timers and have already gone over time budget by several hours. Additionally, Toggl has a desktop app that works really well'and is native. Tick's app isn't really an app at all, it's a "mini browser" that refreshes every time you open it from the taskbar. Sometimes I'm naming a timer, and a notification pops up and closes Tick, or I need to navigate away for a second, and when I come back, it refreshes'losing all of my information. Toggl's desktop app also reminds you to track time, when your timer isn't running, during user designated hours (ie between 9:00am and 6:00pm, if I don't have a timer running it'll remind me periodically to remember to track time). In general, Tick's design is mediocre at best. If it wasn't for the easier-to-view time budget feature, we wouldn't be using Tick in fact we're considering switching because of the lack of other features. A redesign is long over due. Another down fall of Tick, is the fact that time can't be inputted based on time of day. For example, I forgot to start my timer after lunch, but I know I started working around 1:00 pm and then switched tasks around 2:48, and then switched back at 3:32 noon of which was logged. It would be much easier to log time-based on hours of the day, like Toggl does. But in other circumstances, it's helpful to be able to just put in a specified amount of time. Plus, the hours of day allow us to track our employees and see exactly when during the day they weren't clocking time. This is especially helpful with remote employees. In fact, before we switched to Toggle, I was able to find out that an employee wasn't really working when he said he was, or was padding their numbers. But, with the current Tick setup this is nearly impossible to pin-point. If you guys want to consider a redesign, we'd love to work with you. Check us out: www.steadfastdesignfirm.com

Time budget tracking right in the time tracker.

Doesn't have a good, easy to use interface. Time budgets are visible or represented until timers are "entered" almost defeating the purpose of showing them in the timer in the first place. Doesn't have a native desktop app, only a sorry excuse for "something". Time can't be inputted based on time of day.

Megan B.
Megan B.
Editorial Director in USA
Medienproduktion, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Serviceable Time-Tracking App

Tick allows you to track time to projects, broken into as many sub-categories as you need to encompass all the elements of that project. You can easily see a breakdown of your time and ensure that you're tracking the right amount of time to a day/week or project. It also allows you to set time budgets you can track against.

The reporting function can be a bit cumbersome; I wish it would automatically port to Excel or into more of a spreadsheet format, rather than a long list. It also will automatically create a "shortcut" menu based on your recent entries, so you don't have to scroll through all the projects/tasks to find the one you need to enter time into, but I wish that shortcut menu was customizable rather than auto-generated.

Composer in Deutschland
Musik, Selbstständig

Keep track of your working hours for a small fee.

Kommentare: Tick really is a great support for freelancers, that need to keep track of their working hours. Tick helps me to easily log in and out when i am working, automatically calculating my income and keeping track of my breaks.

Tick is easily accesible with your mobile devices. Thus you can keep track of your time even while working outside. With non-billable hours you can also keep track of the amount of your brakes to improve your efficiency.

Tick really isn't the prettiest application out there. Bulky windows and unispired colours make it appear rather unprofessional. Luckily though the functionality really is the important part with this application.

Jon G.
Accounting manager in Kanada
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great product

Kommentare: Overall, I am extremely pleased with the overall product. It is feature rich, easy to use, and is affordable. Checks all the boxes for what I was looking for. Highly recommend.

This software is very easy to use. I was able to learn how to use very quickly. It is also very applicable to what I needed it to do. The feature I like best is the Timecard. makes it easy for everyone logging their time.

This is a pretty solid software. Getting set up with it was a little bit tougher than I thought it was going to be. But once set up, works perfectly.

Jahanzeb H.
Jahanzeb H.
Deputy Manager HR in Pakistan
Unterhaltungselektronik, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Simple Time Tracking Tool

Kommentare: It is a simple task tracking app and can be used for basic tasks.

The best thing about it is that it is very simple to use. You can keep track of your task progress by one click. It also provides 30 days free trial and can be integrated with basecamp and other multiple relevant applications.

It is good for basic task tracking but lack features of comprehensive task management application. Reporting also needs to be improved.

Luke A.
Resident physician in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Very helpful

Kommentare: Overall a reliable software whose strength is syncing across different access points

I appreciated the fact that this software syncs between desktop, mobile, and browser access - very helpful feature

Sometimes would totally miss/delete a time entry that was made, happened only once or twice and may have been related to poor wifi connection

Christian O.
Christian O.
Personal Trainer in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Tick Review

Kommentare: Overall, Tick is a solid time tracking software with only a few hiccups.

The user interface is intuitive and makes reaching goals interactive and rewarding. Seamless integration with Basecamp is a plus.

Pricing is a little steep for what I'm getting. The mobile app is buggy on my phone and didn't perform well.

Mladen P.
Mladen P.
Doctor in Serbien
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great timetracking

Kommentare: Overall is great, i am using allready 4-5 months and helps me a lot to organize my busy schedule.

It helps me a lot with my busy schedule. Great timecard feature. Very easy to use and set up all.

Interface should be improved to be even more easy for use, full version is a bit expensive.

Alan K.
Animator in USA

I type in my time at the end of each day. I have never had any issues.

I almost always have the project name in my head - being able to autofill rather than browse keeps my mind from being interrupted. The same goes for the task - autofill beats browsing all the time, but it's great to know I have browsing were I to need it (1 time out of 20). The way each entry saves in an inline container all on the same page has always been helpful. I take shorthand notes on paper throughout the day of my time rounded to the quarter hour. Seeing everything at once helps me to confirm I didn't miscalculate hours.

The fact that it could be a little bit more but probably can't be. I'm a freelancer and use all kinds per studio. Tick achieves the time tracking capabilities I need at this office. As far as time tracking & reporting goes I find Harvest to be the best, you guys second. They're even simpler - at least on the the main level. You have them beat on the secondary level of autofill. If you wanted to be more than tracking & reports and included planning I think you could take down Liquid Planner & Mavenlink. If you integrated the visual style and structure of Teamweek's horizontal timeline you might have a corner on the market. You could beat out Liquid Planner (too clunky and granular) & Mavenlink (not enough specificity). I don't see the need to overreach into asset management. Basecamp is better than Liquid Planner for project asset tracking but more and more people are relying on Dropbox/Drive + a Google spreadsheet. Thus people might use you for time tracking, team scheduling, budget forecasting/reports - and then leave the asset management to the more agile Dropbox/Drive/Box world.

Robert S.
Lead Consultant in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Where have you been all my career, Tick?

Kommentare: Allows me to track my time quickly and easily. Saves time while making me look like a genius.

Where do I begin? Tick saves me an immense amount of time *and* it makes me look good doing it. Time sheets used to be druggery. Always playing catch up at the end of the week (or even end of the month!). The project management software I was using was a clunky solution at best. Other time tracking software was too expensive or was part of a larger ecosystem I had to buy into. Tick is an elegant stand-alone solution that does one thing really well - track time allotted, time billed, and time remaining. The key for me has been the Chrome extension. It's right there so I can make an entry or start a timer while I am working without opening another tab or using another app. And time entry is really easy with the intuitive and responsive UI. I really appreciate the list of recent tasks that quickly populate the time entry. Tick also allows me to quickly see where I am on my budgets and give answers on labor budget remaining. No more "let me get back to you," It's right there and because I now enter time on the fly, its always up to the minute. Tick can produce quick reports by company, project, and task. My clients have been impressed with the professional and detailed time reports. I can also pull out the time entries and feed them into my project management app and my spreadsheets. It's quick and painless.

If I had to say anything less than glowing about Tick it would be that it's not the easiest to edit past time entries from any of the summary views. The user must find the entry in the task, note the date, and then navigate to the date. That's easy enough if you have Tick multiple browser tabs open but it is *one* thing I'd like to change.

Frankie A.
PV Production Manager in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Tick Overall Review

Kommentare: Tick is a great add-on for Basecamp. It provides an easy way to enter time for different projects. We use it in conjunction with Basecamp II. It is super easy to import your projects and add different tasks. i.e. For our projects, we assigned tasks such as Construction QC, Construction Engineering, Indirect Time, Meetings, PTO, Training, etc.
Easy user interfaces to select project, select task and enter the time completed. It also exports to excel in which it was easy to retrieve the data and add to pivot tables to graphically view where time is being spent.
It used to have a great timer app for the computer or cell phone but security concerns with Basecamp shut it down for Basecamp II. Not sure if it's been added to Basecamp III. Great value for up and coming businesses and with the export capability can prepare for bigger platforms.

Ease of use.

Needs the timer function back.

Antwort von Higher Pixels

Hey Frankie, Thank you for reviewing Tick. We've added new phone apps and a Mac App to replace the old Adobe Air application. We also rolled out Basecamp 3 support early this summer so you can track time inside Basecamp 3 if you ever decide to upgrade. Thanks, Alban

Mike G.
Video Editor in USA
Kino & Film, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great For Time Tracking Across Several Projects

Kommentare: I work a job where I need to keep track of what I am doing across several projects all at once. Tick has been a lifesaver since our company switched over to using it. I love being able to run timers and switch between jobs and just keep running timers during the day. The interface is also simple and easy to use, without all the extra clutter that I don't need t be bothered with. Being able to easily look back at years worth of historical projects has been great when it comes to bidding new one. The only thing I don't like is how I can no longer use the Adobe Air Desktop app, which would leave floating timers on the screen as a reminder. Having it up on my desktop was a nice reminder to manage my time, as I often forge the small taskbar timer is there. I also wish I could assign a default task template for all jobs, which would just make life a little easier. Highly recommend. Great value for what you pay for.

Easy of use, simple time tracking

No longer have a desktop app with floating timer window

Shelley S.
USA
Selbstständig

Seamless & simple

Kommentare: I live and die by Tick. The basecamp integration sold me initially, but I since moved off basecamp for PM and continue to use Tick for time tracking and recording details for invoicing clients. The accounts and projects are flexible and easy to set up. The application for Mac and Chrome are great for my standard workflow, and the mobile app is helpful when i forget to turn off the timer on my computer. It's all seamless. I have subcontractors who use it too, and all the timecards roll up to the correct projects. I recommend this app to any independent consultant or small agency I come across.

It's simple, flexible, and works really well across devices.

On the Mac app, if you click off an entry before saving it, i.e. to look up some details or a time stamp on an email, the information wipes out and you have to start over. that's the only quirk you have to remember--don't click off the widget before saving the entry.

Emil G.
Tester Lead in USA
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Convenient, but with Help

Kommentare: For backstory, my team is gauging how long certain tasks take to better forecast where people should be assigned and when to start tasks. I'm used to keeping track of my hours and time spent per task for freelance work and have made a spreadsheet where I can enter the start and end time of a task, get the total HH: work sheetMM spent, and then it convert it to Decimal Hours through formulas. I also made a worksheet space for tasks that I stop and start throughout the day, so the decimal hours are added up in a range for Total Decimal Hours for a task. My team find the stopwatch function useful and prefer to use that. I also mentioned my spreadsheet during a meeting and earned a collective groan, but I suspect it's because I make spreadsheets for EVERYTHING. I have not had to contact Customer Support, and I don't feel qualified to say whether or not Tick is a good value. I have also not used the Projects or Reporting tabs, as I have only checked times into Tick.

I like the Recently Used sidebar for easy time logging. I had to re-do three weeks of entries and the Recently Used sidebar was definitely a lifesaver in that situation. It also makes checking into tasks much easier after the first entry. I really like the comments section as well. My team lead showed me the narrative I had constructed around a task because of the comments I had entered.

Time to Enter (decimal hours) and the Stop Watch feel a little too specific, but I mentioned previously that I'm so used to entering something like "9:00 AM - Start" and "9:47 AM - End" that I made a spreadsheet so I could enter start and end times, get the total HH: MM and have it convert to decimal hours through formulas.

Kyle K.
Front End Developer in USA

Easy to use but painfully slow

Kommentare: I'm not sure if it's due to the very large number of projects/tasks we have at my company, but Tick has gotten slower and slower over the months, taking sometimes as long as 30 seconds for the time entry fields to populate with the associated project/task information when clicking a recently-used item from the sidebar. Aside from this, it's great! Simple, pretty interface that's very straightforward and easy to understand and navigate.

The simplicity is the best thing about Tick. We also use Liquid Planner and it is so bloated and confusing, seemingly only for the sake of being bloated and confusing. Tick is a welcome, refreshing sight to behold at the end of the day when entering time.

The ongoing slowdowns when choosing recently-used items from the right-hand sidebar. It can take up to 30 seconds sometimes in order for the time entry fields to update with the item clicked.

Stan Y.
Web Manager in USA
Verlagswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

My company uses this just to track time spent on various projects and it works pretty well for us.

Kommentare: Time tracking that we can't do anywhere else on our existing project systems.

Works on via the web as well as software installed on Mac or PC. For a company like ours who use a variety of browsers and operating systems, this seems to work the same for everyone. My preference is the web interface as it allows me to enter time as I'm doing it, ahead of time, or after the fact. I use the widget on the Mac side to provide regular reminders to log my time, which is the kick in the tush I usually need.

With a lot of projects on the account, it can take a while to switch from entering time into existing projects to editing that project or creating a new one. Doesn't integrate with our other project software (or we haven't tried to do so), so there's no detail to the projects...just a reference to log the time.

Jason W.
Creative Director in USA
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

I have already recommended it to others.

Kommentare: Over the course of the past 16 months or so that I have been using the software it has been very dependable. The feature that allows a user to pick tasks from previous jobs has been a big time saver during job set up. Tick is flexible enough to keep up with the varying needs of my large corporate as well as agency clients, each with their own unique way of keeping track of time. If you work with subcontractors, it's great being able to add and remove people on the fly without incurring additional charges. I chose this platform over others because the fees are based on the number of jobs, not the number of users. The more jobs you have in the system, the more you pay. That being said $49 a month for more than 10 jobs per month does seem a bit high. That is the same amount I pay Adobe for their entire Creative Cloud. Think about all the R&D and decades that have gone into the full suite of Adobe products. I only pay Microsoft $10 per month. But even at that price, I would still recommend it. I was on site at an agency and the creative director saw it on my computer and thought it was great.

Pricing based on Jobs. Picking up tasks from previous jobs. The desktop and iPhone apps.

Price

Lead Software Test Automation Engineer in Belarus

While working on high-pace project, Tick helped us to keep to client calm and informed

Kommentare: Providing clear project status to the client traveling across the globe.
Also helped with internal budget planning.

That was a middle-term project with people distributed across the globe. Part of team and client were traveling almost all the time. When we provided the client reports generated by Tick they say that it was just what they need. Client wanted to watch 2 indicators at a glance: time balance between different sub-projects/activities and budget spent. All that the client was able to access from his mobile phone (a few guys on client side used even Apple watch).

When I installed Tick app on my Android phone I found its battery draining much faster (w/o Tick app I needed to re-charge my phone every second day, but once I installed the app, I needed to make a recharge every day). When we started using the app, API worked unstable from time to time (invalid response arrived), but for the last 5 months that was not a case anymore.

Beth B.
Senior Designer in USA

Sturdy foundation - ready for upgrade.

Kommentare: Tick is fine- we use it in our company fairly easily. Can't complain. But I really think Tick is missing an opportunity. Everyone hates entering time. We're a busy company and it's really the last thing we want to do. The process is always like pulling teeth. There's no real reason aside from the fact that daily admin work is not exactly the strong suit of creatives. But, I think what would make Tick boom is some slick gamification. When FourSquare was still a thing, people in our company used to get to work early if only to keep their mayor status. It was a competition. If you could do the same badge system for time tracking (without compromising the actual tracking of time). Your platform would sell like hotcakes.

Does an efficient job at aiding in time tracking.

Pretty plain, fine to use but not enjoyable to use.

James M.
Marketing Coordinator in USA

Tick Review

Kommentare: I use Tick everyday. It's great for our team. Helps us keep track of billable hours and sub-tasks within major jobs. At first I used Tick via the web, but have since moved to using the Mac app. I love the app, but the one thing I don't like is that when a timer is running it only displays hours and minutes. I think if it displayed seconds it would be more of an indicator that you have a timer currently running. There have been numerous times I've had to switch gears, focus on something else, and forgot about my running timer. It's mostly a human error, I know, but I think some UX change (maybe a change to the white timer indicator in the status bar to a pulsing glow?) to help keep in mind that a timer is running would be great. Overall, great product!

Simple, user friendly with a clean design.

Tick Mac app could better indicate a timer is currently running.

Bukola S.
Bukola S.
Data scientist in Nigeria
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great way to measure project speed.

Tick simplifies how our projects are tracked and budgeted, providing every employee with an idea of how much time is expended on every project. Resulting in increased productivity on the long run ,as employees are able to compare their speed rate on one project against another. Tick integrates well with Basecamp ,and it is so easy to import our projects from Basecamp into Tick.Likewise , making it very easy to estimate the cost of new projects and compare them with past projects we have done.It has a nice Chrome extension and can be used while on the move ,via mobile.

It is a whole lot of work trying to manage a project management program on one hand and using Tick on the other hand ,on a single project. Will be a good development ,if Tick can be upgraded into a full blown project management tool.

Travis A.
Senior 3D Visualization Designer in USA
Design, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Pretty good time recording software.

Kommentare: Have been using tick with my company IDL Worldwide for sometime now. It has proven to be a valuable tool in keeping track of our billable time. Things to consider if you haven't already implemented them. Have a calendar view along side the week view to input time. Sometimes when going back to previous entry's it becomes hard to look back at older time entry's. Also it becomes cumbersome when I need to input the same entry for multiple days simultaneously, it seems i can't do that and have to still input day by day. I would love to see an option of selecting multiple days to input time, not that it would be a massive time save in entering our time, but speed increases in entering time and further progression with ease of use is always needed! Thanks Much, -Travis Auerbeck

Pretty user Friendly and easy to navigate.

See first review entry

Owner & Photographer in USA
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Makes tracking time spent on projects a breeze!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Tick has been a crucial find for me that helps me be more effective in my work and keep track of time seamlessly.

I use Tick daily to help monitor and track the time I spend on various projects. I do some freelance work that requires keeping track of hours worked on a project and would be lost without Tick. I love the plug-in for Google Chrome that enables me to easily start and stop the timer without opening another program or window. It's been a lifesaver!

If you want to have more functionality (additional projects, etc.) you may have to pay more for a plan with those features but it seems more than comparable with other software on the market.