SmartDraw a powerful tool for diagramming, drawing, layout and more.

Bewertet am 8.2.2018
Gerson C.
Arquitectura, Diseño y Desarrollo de Aplicaciones Web

Kommentare: It is perfect for drawing projects, has a wide range of templates that make it easier for you to work and all the types of diagrams you need (at least it is for my IT area), it has a desktop and online version that allows you to work in any place, it is very useful.

Vorteile: SmartDraw is a very complete plication for all types of diagrams that you need, has great virtues with respect to Visio that can be considered the number one in the market or at least used, when you need to diagram a project from the basic algorithm to the more complex gantt diagrams , this tool is very useful, it makes you much easier in work (in my experience much easier to use than Visio) the connection between diagrams is simpler, since finishing a diagram makes it much easier to do the following, has a wide range of options and templates that help you in the creation process, contributing to the development of diagrams for systems that you are going to develop, a very useful tool for projects where you need to correctly capture what you want to develop, use it, try it for yourself.

Nachteile: Its main against is the price, the full version is very expensive although it allows you to enjoy the desktop version and its cost is very high, I think you should download it to compete more in the market.
The speed of the online version sometimes fluctuates negatively, it is a mistake that must be corrected.

Unstable and Quirky - Danger - Lost Work Zone

Bewertet am 21.8.2018
Diana M.
Möbel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The only benefit I have received is when I quickly print what I am working on, so that this horribly unstable and unpredictable program will not just lose it and delete even saved work from its memory. When you want to make certain measurements, you will never be able to do so, because it only allows "anchored" points to be measured - not the item or space you wish to measure. It is impossible to scale down their furniture selections/templates because they have it set to scale down the width, when all you want to change is the length. It has been a disappointing waste of time and money.

Vorteile: I has little to say for Pros: because it is just as easy to draw boxes without having this program. I learned every feature and applied all of the program's features. It is likely that you could get a beginning design to give to someone, as a simple floor plan, if that is what you need. But be sure to print it to preserve your work after each little change.

Nachteile: Customer service is practically nil and there is no "help" or troubleshooting. If you try to contact them for support, you have to wait and see if they will send you an email the next day - and they usually won't. If you get the email, it does not remotely address the trouble or offer to talk you through it if their "solution" or instruction is not on point. Really disappointing. There is no auto save unless you are working in the Cloud for this program. Further, it constantly just stops and closes itself - and dumps all of your work during that session, even if you have been saving! So, then the hours of work are permanently lost - no kidding, EVEN if you pushed save. If you use it, you must remember to save, save, save - after each little line or inclusion and then print. Then close the program before its instability causes it to just close itself as to the design you are working on. If you don't close it down, you will lose all of your work. Then - get this - when you reopen a file after it has decided to shut down, it says that there is a recovered work file and asks if you want to open it and recover it. If you say "yes" the program shuts down again, over and over and over. It is so unstable that it can't hold up to the tasks it claims to be performing with its features, such as layers, measurements, inserting photos, etc.

Great platform for simple submittal drawings.

Bewertet am 10.1.2018
Accountant

Kommentare: If you are trying to do small professional projects, or simply create a blueprint of you home, SmartDraw's ease of use and robust set of options make it the smart choice over competitors.

Vorteile: Where this software really shines for our business is its ease of use for submittal drawings when bidding and creating contracts for jobs. It allows us to empower our salesmen to create their own submittals without the expense or training needed for some of the more "professional" suites. This means for smaller projects we do not need to tie up our senior estimators, leaving their time free and better spent with CAD. What this means is that for job cost, we are able to use lower wage employees to perform simpler tasks and not eat into the margins of a job from utilizing higher paid engineers.

Nachteile: It can be a bit finicky in trying to get it to do exactly what you want it to do. Its ease of use sometimes means that you are fighting those very elements that make it easy to make it do what you want it to do. Snap to grids and the like, while toggle-able, provide an annoyance when they should "just work".

Great tool for business analyst activities

Bewertet am 4.4.2019
Rohit Y.
Business Analyst
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Can create your mind maps and complex flowchart of any kind with ease.
Using it on office desktop and well integrated with Microsoft office suit. Also compatible with google docs which is very helpful

Nachteile: So i didn't find anything and i will strongly recommend this for pm and business analyst activities.

von SmartDraw an 11.4.2019

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'm happy to hear SmartDraw worked well for you. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to reach out.

US: 800-768-3729

-Chris

Basic floor plans but easy to use

Bewertet am 25.4.2019
Nicky T.
Interior Designer
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I've used other floor planners and this one is definitely the easiest to use at a great price.

Vorteile: It's very easy to draw up a basic house floor plan.

Nachteile: Limited symbol options specific to interior design. If you use too many JPEG images within the file the system struggles to convert to PDF. (which isn't the case with my other design software). Often glitches when opening files and/or is very slow to open existing documents.

von SmartDraw an 20.6.2019

Hi Nicky,

Thank you for the positive review and for the feedback. I'll pass the review along to our development team, so we can take a look at the PDF export and file opening issues you mentioned. If you reply back to me, or contact our support using the below info, we can further investigate and help. If there is any other way we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

US: 800-768-3729

-Chris

I love doing flow charts, timelines, mind maps, decision trees and other visual presentations.

Bewertet am 7.6.2018
Tania tamara O.
Departamento Recursos Humanos

Vorteile: With SmartDraw, I can create visual documents in an easy way, in addition to streamline the work, smartDraw has templates that come with a library of shapes and symbols, which I can use with just drag them to the worksheet. I can add textures and photos to further improve the document.

Nachteile: -Consume abundant resources, and its installation is so slow that it becomes tedious waiting until fully charged.

Powerful tool for designing software

Bewertet am 25.3.2019
Gulshan K.
Associate Project Manager
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Over-all experience as per my requirements is good and doing my work done easily and fast.

Vorteile: Very easy to draw flowcharts.
Easily import and export visio. Available at cheap price and can easily replace visio i believe which is much costlier. One can use its rich library of colours.
Templates help alot to quickly built mocks.

Nachteile: When I used i didn't find multiple user facility.

First time I used to submit a drawing for my business and it took me no time to complete my drawing.

Bewertet am 25.7.2018
Teresita H.
Owner/Operator
Restaurants, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It saved me a lot of money by not hiring an architect to draw the set up of my restaurant which was one of the first steps to get an approval.

Vorteile: Easy to navigate and ease of use. It took me a few clicks and I was able to find all kinds of things I needed to work on my projects. One of the requirements for my business was to submit a blueprint and I was told I need an Architect for that but I was also told that if I can draw and provide details in my drawings, it will be accepted so I purchased SmartDraw although I have no knowledge how to use it. It was easy...really.

Nachteile: It didn't have some of the drawings I needed so I have to improvise. This took me a little time come up with the desired drawing of object I needed; but it still worked.

Great for new users to computer aided designs.

Bewertet am 28.6.2018
Oscar T.
Engineer
Internet, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I tried Smartdraw for the first time in 2016 and I was impressed by the ease of use ; I understood the major workings around this program in a matter of days.I have used Smart draw for Gantt style charting , simple drawings ,including floor drawings when I moved to my new home a while back.
Smartdraw provides users with a variety of modules ,making it a program which can be leveraged by different professionals in different career fields.

Nachteile: Smartdraw doesn't allow for remote collaboration like what I have come to expect from months of recently embracing Lucidchart. I have also found out that when creating Gantt charts with this program , I am limited in the number of coloumns I am allowed to use.

smart draw 101

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Carl F.
Ministry Director
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I am able to organize,plan,and create forms,documents for my ministry,and hobby,and it makes it so much easier to do.smart draw is a great starter for anyone that has a hobby.or likes to keep track of activities.

Vorteile: This software not only helps you draw but has other activities you can plan,organize any kind of project you want to build.I got the free trial and it is great.it is good as a starter for a first timer that desires to create activities for work,school,club,organization.

Nachteile: the free trial is limited,but it is worth learning the basics of creating document,forms,and lots of projects that you are going.

von SmartDraw an 25.7.2019

Hi Carl,

Thank you for the positive review. Good to hear you are getting so much use out of the software. If you need anything from us at all, please let us know.

US: 800-768-3729 / 858-225-3300

-Chris

I use SmartDraw to prepare visual documents in management area

Bewertet am 16.2.2018
Wojciech K.
Professionelles Training & Coaching, Selbstständig

Kommentare: communication support and good way to share knowledge with others

Vorteile: SmartDraw has tons of images to support visual documentation. It's great way to share knowledge with others using this solution. I use SmartDraw to create: process maps, easy mindmaps, data flows and creative mix of ideas. Sometimes there is good opportunity to export document as image file and put to MS Excel and add contextual values to present bigger picture of business in easy to understand way (complex but easy to see relations).

Nachteile: I'd like to see more options in mindmapping area, to be able to manage task information in advanced way.

It is the special program for the realization of flow diagrams, with a large number of cliparts

Bewertet am 30.3.2018
Arcadio S.
University Professor

Vorteile: SmartDraw comes with many types of templates that include flow charts, bar graphs and charts. If you do not find a template that you like, you can create a customized template that suits your project, Photos, and images. Add photos and images to the document with the import to lump sum, copy and paste the commands. You can also import images and photos from your digital camera, and then manipulate them inside SmartDraw until you have the effect you want. Each template comes with a library of shapes and symbols, to use these shapes and symbols, simply drag them to your worksheet and place them where you want. You can add textures and photos to further improve the document. It works well with programs such as Microsoft Office, Visio, Microsoft Project, SharePoint, and PowerPoint. And so you can export the mind map to any of these programs to be able to share. You can export the file with just one click of your mouse. The following graphics formats available to you: JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, and GIF. Export the file to the web or send it anywhere in the world

Nachteile: It consumes abundant resources if your machine is slow it can become tedious to work, besides its installation is slow

Create simple and complex workflows and diagrams

Bewertet am 14.6.2018
Cesar a S.
Analyst

Vorteile: The interphase is awesome, and you have no limits using this software you can a simple diagram showing a workflow or you can do a complex net design for established a network in an office building, you can even design plans of houses or do 3D models for engineering processes.

Nachteile: It is really expensive, if your are going to buy it be sure of spend that amount of monet in one software, the best option is use the online version.

SmartDraw makes it easier than any other app to quickly create professional-quality diagrams.

Bewertet am 23.4.2018
Rickell M.
Database Admin

Vorteile: Helpful Smart Panel feature. Good integration options. It is very Easy to use. It has a desktop and online version that allows you to work in any place, it is very useful. Smart Draw is a very complete application for all types of diagrams that you need.

Nachteile: Weak collaboration features. It is very expensive you asked me. The speed of the online version sometimes fluctuates negatively.

Smartdraw is a truly fantastic product

Bewertet am 25.1.2019
Steve C.
Senior IT Assistant
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: There are lots of templates to start with, which makes it a lot easier to get started with this software.
I like the integration with popular tools such as Trello and Jira.
I also like the easy export to PDF. It's a great feature I use a lot.

Nachteile: There's definitely a learning curve before one can confidently use this software.
I often find that zooming in doesn't work as smoothly as I'd expect.

Smart draw is very user friendly, i am able to show others how to do the basics really easily.

Bewertet am 18.1.2018
Joely R.
COO

Vorteile: Ease of manipulation of floor plans, handy clip arts. User friendly, can move groups of objects together. 3D modeling is something we rarely use, but it was easy to learn to do.

Nachteile: I don't care for the cloud based option and it seems like this is what it is migrating to. I prefer to save copies to my hard drive. I was unable to open previous files unless I upgraded software as well. That isn't right.

Love the mind mapping feature!

Bewertet am 29.12.2011
Anne W.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I've been using SmartDraw for about two months as a tool to help manage my projects. What I love about SmartDraw is the Mind Mapping feature, which allows me to create tasks in a visually friendly way that mimics brainstorming. It's been very helpful to me when starting out a project. I also really like the way we can add owners to each task in the same view. And the best part is, the information will get transferred to a Gantt chart or a timeline with the click of a button. Once you've filled in the details, you can push the information to a powerpoint slide to share with key stakeholders, again, with just a click of a button. There are many more features within SmartDraw that I am intrigued about but haven't had the opportunity to explore yet. I plan on playing with SmartDraw more once my current projects slow down.

Vorteile: Well organized and very easy to move data to other Microsoft Office applications (including Microsoft Project) or Adobe .pdf. There are also some great graphics and geographic maps in the library for use with presentations, flyers, floorplans, etc.

Nachteile: In the Gantt chart, there is a limited number of columns that can be used.

So Glad I Discovered Smart Draw!

Bewertet am 24.6.2018
Renea H.

Kommentare: The ability to create powerful, moving charts and mind maps.

Vorteile: My absolute favorite thing about SmartDraw is the simple drag and drop to build out anything from mind maps to flowcharts and more. An especially good investment for anyone needing to make their ideas clear and points understood in a powerful way.

Nachteile: The design of the dashboard could be better. It is a bit boring for all that it does. The layout would be better if I had the whole screen and the options to drag and drop were at the top.

A perfect software for diagramming electrical circuits

Bewertet am 9.12.2018
Alice J.
Director Of Operations
Versorgungsunternehmen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience despite not having much time using this software could be said to have been good, has fulfilled what I needed and the truth is that diagramming in this software is much simpler than others, where it becomes a job up hill.

Vorteile: Without thinking I am able to say that it is one of the best softwares to diagram projects, especially I will talk about the area where I use it with respect to electric circuits, and with the truth is that you can diagram very complex algorithms without much work besides that the connection between diagrams is much simpler, as long as they are well done. It also has a large library of templates and options that make it easier to develop the diagram we want to do. It is very good in my opinion and the excellent results for the presentation of new projects.

Nachteile: The only thing I can really complain about is the price, I think it's a little expensive, and the customer service that is usually slow in my opinion, on the occasions when I have gone to them they have given me a rather slow response.

Tool for Draw Diagrams !

Bewertet am 27.9.2018
Thamara D.
Software Engineer

Kommentare: Powerful flowchart maker!

Vorteile: *Templates for diagrams.
*Simple to use.
*Can use for small to large projects.
*Multiple type export facility.
*Easier than Visio.

Nachteile: *Not features as Visio.
*Bit expensive price for a tool.
*Not able to multi-users collaboration.

Not a Replacement for Visio/Project

Bewertet am 27.6.2017
David Y.
sqa analyst
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Not many, we tried hard to use it for our intended purposes for 6-12 months. Then we gave up. Now we use it infrequently when we need to create a simple visual. The mind mapping tool is ok - but free tools online are just as good if not better.

Vorteile: This product ships with a lot of prebuilt content, templates that can let you create quick and easy diagrams, visuals, etc for presentations.

Nachteile: We bought this thinking it might be a lower cost replacement for Visio and that we'd be able to use the Project Planning template for our PM needs. Neither turned out to be true. This tool will give you a good variety of templates, but if you want to move something manually... forget it. Don't like how the basic flowchart looks or need to make room for a 3rd branch? You'll go back to Visio after a month. Project plans look create, but when you need to update 1 date good luck. ugh. This had a lot of potential but it just isn't flexible enough for real use cases in our experience.

Can't change thickness of walls

Bewertet am 4.4.2019
Simeon J.
Architectural Assistant
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Five minutes of trial version. I realised after that short amount of time that it wasn't good enough.

Vorteile: Simple to use, I guess. You can get started straight away adding walls and dimensions.

Nachteile: It is utterly useless if you actually want anything precise. I'm an architectural designer, and the most basic thing I need to be able to do, even if I'm just measuring up an existing building, is change the thickness of the walls, but this doesn't seem to be possible! Without even this basic feature, it's just an utterly useless piece of software to me. After seeing this software, though, I realise why many estate agent's floorplans are so poor. If they use software like this, there just isn't the amount of flexibility within the software even to draw a normal house, let alone anything which is complex or has a variety of unique features. I think SmartDraw really need to up their game, and in doing so, could enhance the quality of estate agents floorplans for everyone!

von SmartDraw an 5.4.2019

Hi Simeon,

Sorry your trial of SmartDraw did not go as you had hoped. You can change the thickness of the walls by choosing Line (between Fill and Effects) under the Home tab and then More from the dropdown menu if you want to specify an exact thickness. I'll see if we can add that same option in the right click menu as well for ease of location. Should you need more, we offer live US based phone support: 800-768-3729 (+1 858-225-3300 for callers outside of the US), or via email: support@smartdraw.com.
-Chris

The perfect solution for diagramming work processes

Bewertet am 13.2.2019
Natasha A.
Analista corporativo
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The diagramming is excellent for getting the information to others, helps to understand and document ideas, with this software the experience is unique, we have presented ideas of work, organization in diagrams and diagrams that have allowed us to understand, visualize the flow of information circulating in our area and the importance of each step we take from beginning to end

Vorteile: Create your diagrams and document the processes step by step of your workflow, ideal for planning strategies, powerful and easy to use, contains many templates to choose from to make your visual presentations.

Nachteile: The price can be a problem, since it is really expensive

Professional 2D Floor Plans at affordable price

Bewertet am 10.1.2018
Software Developer Engineer in Test II
Internet

Kommentare: Imported 2D flow into network management system.

Vorteile: 2D Floor feature . I used to implement software monitoring solution at customer site. Very often I have been asked to insert as background of the network map the floor plan of the building to easily determine the physical location of the network devices.

Nachteile: At time I used it there was not SmartDraw Cloud now available. This is perfect for small/individual business.

A smart way to draw diagrams

Bewertet am 14.2.2018
Laron H.
Student

Vorteile: I used SmartDraw a lot for school assignments, and it really came in handy. I like that it has lots of built in contents and templates and that it is easy to use. You can use SmartDraw to make flowcharts, network diagrams, organizational charts, software design plans, and so much more. One even can share diagrams with others using just a link.

Nachteile: I like SmartDraw. A minor con if I must say one, is that moving and manipulating bubbles can be quite challenging at times. Or, maybe it's my computer.