I love Campaign Monitor

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Brant C.
Web Developer
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I am a web developer and their API is fantastic to use. It is easy and straightforward.

Nachteile: Some things within their GUI are hard to find and some extra logging features for developers would be handy.

Bewertet am 2.10.2019
Jon H.
E-Commerce Manager
Bekleidung & Mode, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This like many other Email companies can be as successful​ as you want if you are willing to put the time and effort into it. The great thing with this is the Price is very competitive and it offers a bit more than the others.

Vorteile: Campaign Monitor recently bought Conversio Emails. The price is very competitive for all the things it offers. Email campaigns, reviews, pop-ups, newsletters​, Abandon Cart functions. I have sent out multiple individual newsletters and abandon carts with success rates.

Nachteile: The Workflow function on the site was a little hard to set up and its why I do not send more out. When I turned it on it sent an email to every single person on my list.... when I just wanted it to send one to the new subscribers from that time forward.

Email Campaigns made super easy

Bewertet am 26.11.2019
Adam H.
Digital Designer / Front end developer
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Campaign Monitor was great up until the switch. Creating powerful email campaigns for clients has never been easier, not just for admin but also for the clients themsleves.

Vorteile: Recenetly Campaign Monitor has improved in terms of how easy their software is to use. In the past templates were a hassle to construct. Now there are quick presets which make things quicker and easier.

Nachteile: No real cons, but I have recently moved to Mailchimp. I have found Mailchimp to be a much nicer tool to use

Quality and evolution in mail marketing.

Bewertet am 6.11.2019
Jordan R.
System Engineer

Kommentare: Campaign Monitor is a tool that works very well, has excellent ideas and very decent templates. It has helped us improve and increase our customers by mail, its user interface is easily customizable. It is easy to navigate without many complications, manages to satisfy and inform customers about the benefits of the company. It has also allowed us to obtain data collection with great ease through reports. It has been very helpful in our organization and is a platform that offers good design tools in the construction of emails based on our projects. I always got a positive response and also increased product sales. It has all the high quality features you need for your business, this is really important for time efficiency, and Campaign Monitor is perfect.

Vorteile: Campaign Monitor allows me to create, send, manage and track emails with ease. It has a complete and receptive functionality that facilitates automation, is solid and easy to use with space to grow and improve. It also has high delivery capacity and excellent compatibility with mobile devices and computers. It basically holds my hand every step of the way and makes it easy for you to insert images, links, text, calls to action buttons and more into your templates.

Nachteile: Its price is not so competitive for companies or small organizations that are starting their marketing business.

Do not recommend. Better Platforms for the price.

Bewertet am 22.12.2019
Co-Founder
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: There are many platforms out there at a much lower cost that offer more robust features and functionality and that can be hooked up to Salesforce in a way that might not be as seamless but would be worth it.

Vorteile: It is fairly easy to use and integrates with Salesforce, which is why we chose it over Pardot when making an initial selection.

Nachteile: There are many limitations, from design to ability to customize the registration confirmation message (no modal???). Also, no way to tell the difference between hard bounces, which makes it impossible to automate deactivation of contacts in Salesforce.

A product well thought through

Bewertet am 25.5.2019
Shilpa S.
Marketing Strategist
Internet, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using CampaignMonitor for almost 4 years now. I love the tool more than MailChimp and Constant Contact. I

Vorteile: *Allows to send a test mail and check personalization using real examples from your contact list.
*You can also set up email automation with the tool.
*The HTML upload and rendering across devices is on point. Very well made product.
* Does not force users to use bulky footers that promotes itself unlike Constant Contact

Nachteile: I was billed extra and forced to use the plan I upgraded to for an entire month without being prompted that my list size had exceeded a certain number. While I understand it makes sense for your revenue it is not a very good customer experience.

Gets the Job Done

Bewertet am 6.1.2020
Robert D.
Co-founder
Groߟhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I'd recommend Campaign Monitor, especially if you're in a rush.

Vorteile: We enjoyed using Campaign Monitor after switching from MailChimp. We were able to get up and running, fast.

Nachteile: We disliked that the platform seemed to be split between different names. Sometimes the login would redirect us to another website which was a bit weird.

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Allison B.
Assistant Director, Digital Marketing and Data Strategies
Marketing & Werbung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We purchased Campaign Monitor to send personalized, relevant, and timely emails to our audience. Our contacts at CM worked hard to ensure that this was the right fit for us and our needs.

Vorteile: Campaign Monitor has a lot of personalization options (conditional text, incorporating multiple data sources) that put you in control of your program.

Nachteile: Because we were a smaller client for CM, but had a lot of security and legal requirements, our sales process took quite a while (around six months).

Easy to use and very practical!

Bewertet am 4.12.2019
Javier M.
Graphic Designer
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used this application as an option to Google Analytics for short and simple campaigns. Basically where I have few quality indicators and I don't need to go into so much detail with the customer.

Vorteile: It has a clean, friendly and easy to use interface. It can be set at ease. It works very well with marketing campaigns, it is easy to read and establish reports.

Nachteile: In contrast, the support it offers is only online, otherwise it complements well with other applications.

When You Outgrown Mailchimp Use Campaign Monitor

Bewertet am 19.12.2019
Web Developer

Kommentare: You will love Campaign Monitor is you're a developer/designer because you have a lot more advanced customizations and features to play with. If your business thrives from email traffic then I definitely recommend upgrading to the highest-paid tier account: Premier to gain the best results.

Vorteile: It is easier (than Mailchimp) to build templates and it's advanced enough to create customizable templates. One can generally tell if an email was made in Mailchimp because the UI is so basic. One can't tell if they made it in Campaign Monitor because you can make a template look very unique, advance and sleek. I also like their advanced personalization features such as automating dynamic content into an email based on segmentation.

Nachteile: It is more pricey than other services. I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner with a low budget. Campaign Monitor could be an overkill if you're just starting out. But Campaign Monitor is something you would want to eventually progress to.

Best email marketing and automation solution i've used so far!

Bewertet am 8.10.2017
Abbas H.
Managing Director

Vorteile: We've used other email marketing tools for different reasons over the years, but still always came back to read Campaign Monitor's excellent email marketing advice on their blogs and articles about best practices. Finally took the plunge a year ago and moved all our subscribers over. No regrets whatsoever! Just the amazing email editor and template manager is enough to make me leave everything else and use Campaign Monitor. The extensive segmentation tools, super clear and well-formed APIs to connect with our CRM and outstanding customer journey setup is above and beyond what i've seen from other tools in the market. Oh and their brilliant responsive all-platform templates!! Also, when they say 'award-winning' and round the clock support / success teams, they mean it! Definitely and whole-heartedly recommended!

Nachteile: I'm nit-picking, but how Campaign Monitor counts subscribers (in order to bill us) is different from some of the other tools out there. For e.g. if the same subscriber is in two mailing lists, it counts as two for billing purposes. If you have many lists, it tends to balloon your billing subscription out a bit.

We've tried many, and this seems to lead the pack.

Bewertet am 25.7.2019
Digital Marketing Executive

Kommentare: Overall, the best email marketing solution my team has worked with in the last year. Fair value for money i must say too.

Vorteile: - Great suggestive features such as email-body formatting tips - Nice delivery and send-out time - Extensive scenario handling for segmentations and optional blocks - Great responsiveness of website across multiple form factors on devices(mobile, tablet, etc)

Nachteile: - Some features and configurations can be a bit hard to figure out without a fairly technical background - Email builder templates felt a bit restrictive in terms of styling and formatting options

Great Product, Great Support, Definitely Better than Others We have Tried

Bewertet am 9.9.2016
Douglas H.
Consultant
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: After over twelve hours attempting to log on, pay for, and conduct a REPEAT newsletter/emailout with one of its competitors, GetResponse, I had to look elsewhere, because their system was rejecting our email list, because it "looked" to GetResponse's totalitarian software as "very similar to another list on its server"---OF COURSE IT LOOKED SIMILAR---We had used their service twice in the past year---with admittedly a few "hiccups", but we had got those emails out. Their service refused to let us log in, or pay for, or reactivate our old account, so we had to create a new one---and that's likely one factor that led to the total failure of their organization to provide the slightest bit of genuine service to us yesterday. Shortly before midnight, I tried competitor "RedCappi", but after I edited an outgoing email address, it looked as if they might delay sending the test emails, so while waiting to see how long that delay might be, I set up a "Campaign Monitor" account, and proceeded with the same process (our newsletter html was "ready to go"---having been produced by the IT guru at our factory overseas). Despite a good half-hour lead, the RedCappi test emailouts took over an hour and a half to arrive, versus maybe less than a minute with Campaign Monitor. I was sold---uploaded all 4800 or so email addresses to Campaign Monitor without a hitch, and Campaign Monitor clearly pointed out a few dozen "oops" emails I had mis-formatted, and I was able to fix all and add them back into the emailout effortlessly. When I wanted to send to the total list, instead of to four test email addresses, I found a helpful FAQ on the Campaign Monitor site which clearly walked me through how to resend to new subscribers---a vast difference from having to "Chat" on three separate occasions with the GetResponse team to help me with their less-user-friendly system (EVEN THOUGH I HAD USED GetResponse TWICE PREVIOUSLY)!

Vorteile: Hard question to answer---Sorry, I have to say "EVERYTHING"! Worked well, priced me in cheaper local currency, fast sendout, very helpful tips on mis-formatted emails, phenomenal customer support, no login or password struggles...the list goes on (a double-entendre).

Nachteile: Unsubscribe "Tag" added at the bottom of our emails was in a different font from the bottom portion of our emailout/newsletter---a minor point.

Great for agencies

Bewertet am 12.8.2019
James D.
Head Of Design

Vorteile: We used Campaign Monitor for many years with multiple clients and it worked really well. Segmentation of clients was easy and setting new ones up was all self-initiated​, no need to contact support. List management​ was a breeze as well as segmentation. Campaign creation was also easy, we never used the drag and drop editor​ as we crated bespoke HTML emails ourselves.

Nachteile: The reason why we chose to move away from CM was the segmentation was slightly limiting for us. We basically needed to segment based on relative dates, i.e from now until 3 months ago. This could only be achieved by entering exact dates, which you would need to change on a​ daily basis if using for automation purposes. If that doesn't bother you I would recommend using CM.

This is your best option if you don't have a good CRM or Marketing Automation (Premier Plan user)

Bewertet am 27.7.2017
Saad J.
Digital Marketing Manager
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Non-Profit Discount, Volume Discount, Drip Automation, WYSIWYG editor (removing designer/developer dependency), Web Form Integration

Vorteile: You get a:
> WYSIWYG email editor (making responsive email design & development a piece of cake).
> Conditional email blocks based on list segmentation or conditions.
> Easy to setup email drips to your list, based on when they joined, segmentation rules or custom conditions
> User management to limit access to the lists and control actual email deployment
> Ability to run unlimited basic Spam Filter, Firewall and Email Client tests
> New reporting tab makes monitoring email performance much easier

Nachteile: The transnational emails are great for basic requirements. Anything more needs custom development and support. I was disappointed when I found there's no way to limit Transactional Emails to run on specific lists out of the box.

It just works !

Bewertet am 30.6.2017
Christopher G.
Internet, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Clear, clutter-free interface with the right tools for the job, everything is made to concentrate on your emailmarketing objectives and not how to use the tool :)
I've been using CM for close to 10 years and have witnessed their progressive and intelligent implementations : nothing is added that you won't *really* need and once it's added it's especially intuitive.
Add to that Campaign Monitor's daily tips, blog posts, ressources and especially their outstanding client support : you just can't go wrong.

Nachteile: Hard to fin anything really, maybe certain ways of implementing behavioral segments but then again maybe it's my Marketing objectives that aren't clear enough...

Bewertet am 21.11.2015
Jim C.
Einzelhandel
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: If you are using emails to communicate with customers you really can do a much better job with a service like Campaign Monitor. You can create and store templates, get instant reports on opens and clicks, and other data. They have very few glitches and when it happens they fix them right away. Customer service is better than excellent.

Vorteile: As mentioned, I would give their customer service a +++. I am a very small user. I'm sure they have much more important clients. But that's not how they treat me when I have a need. They are right on top of things and and I believe they treat me the same as a major user. They also send periodic "lessons" on how to improve email content and they are worth reading. Embedding photos/images is a breeze and you get quality true to that of the original image.true

Nachteile: If you are a savvy, tech-smart user you can navigate and use the service with few problems. If you are a 3/5 like me, it is sometimes a challenge to get around. After a while you can learn it, but the initial phases can be daunting. They might consider creating a glossary for some of the technical terms. There are a few options I wish they would incorporate in their text capabilities.

Bewertet am 24.8.2018
Stacy G.
Website design and developer, social media strategist

Kommentare: Campaign monitor is great for small business' who are not much on the technical side, it's easy to use and easy to explain to your clients.
It also has high deliverability and excellent compatibility with mobile and computer. The pricing also differs which is great if you have a range of clients from small to medium to large business'.

Vorteile: Campaign monitor is clean and modern and because of it's designed, it's very easy to use and understand. You also have a range of templates to choose from. This is best if you are not very technical and find it easy to use a drop and drag function. They also give you access to your statistics and you can export your database if you need to upload it to another service. They also continuously grow their services and have now added automation, insights and transactional emails. You can also design your own email using code and upload the code as a template to Campaign Monitor

Nachteile: You pay for everytime you send out a batch of emails where some email marketing services are free. The customer service takes a while to get back to you. Sometimes the code you upload won't look as good when its embed into Campaign monitor, Sometimes the functionality of the code goes off. The email campiagn you send out can look better on chrome than safari

A great product that keeps evolving

Bewertet am 10.8.2016
Nicki S.
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've been using Campaign Monitor for several years to send email campaigns for my clients, mostly small to medium-sized nonprofits and civic organizations. I love that it's designer-oriented - you can create your own custom templates or use theirs. They've introduced (and then significantly improved) flexible templates that perform very well responsively. They also take their sender reputation very seriously; when one of my clients inadvertently sent an email to an old list and ended up with too high a percentage of spam reports and unsubscribes, the Campaign Monitor support team was very helpful in working with me to address the issues.

Vorteile: Responsive design; clean, contemporary, flexible templates; handles images well; great reporting; prompt, helpful, friendly customer service; competitive pricing; agency discount

Nachteile: Honestly can't think of any at the moment.

Email campaigns made simple

Bewertet am 30.7.2019
Clare D.
Marketing Executive
Versicherung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Campaign monitor is my favourite email campaign tool and I will continue to use it for its simple, clean designs and service.

Vorteile: Campaign Monitor makes it really easy to set up and deliver email campaigns and analyse the results of each campaign. The templates are brilliant for creating quality emails which look professional and clean all you need to do is put your content in. Campaign Monitor basically holds your hand every step of the way and make it easy for you to insert pictures, links, text, call to action buttons and more into your templates.

Nachteile: The biggest problem that I've been having lately is trying to send a preview email to myself...it never seems to work on a Friday! It can be really frustrating if I have something that I need to get done that day and I can preview it in my own inbox first. It seems to work every other day of the week though.

Great mid-level email marketing tool

Bewertet am 7.5.2019
Digital Content Specialist
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Very easy to set up triggers and actions. You can get going in Campaign Monitor very quickly. Setting up email sequences based on complex user activities is a breeze. The live reporting feature...with a globe pinpointing exactly where the recipients of your email are opening your email...is super cool and valuable from a geo-marketing point of view. Basic personalization and transactional capabilities are decent as well.

Nachteile: The support was not the best. Hit and miss. Sometimes they answered questions/resolved issues in almost real-time...but other times it can take them up to 48 hours to get back to you.

Solid, reliable emailing

Bewertet am 26.10.2018
Delivery Manager
Design, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We manage multiple clients and their emailing needs from within our account, as well as sending our own emails. We use the template builder and custom html, and find that both work well.

Vorteile: Campaign Monitor is a safe pair of hands when it comes to emailing. I find the list management (and related tasks such as keeping on top of unsubscribes) easier and better than competing softwares. The ability to manage clients' accounts and take a cut of fees also works well for us. Reporting is also clear and simple.

Nachteile: The template builder, whilst still very good, could do with some extra thought to enhance it further and bring in line with modern email capabilities. I would love to see more responsiveness, more font choices etc. Also, the interface as a whole is beginning to feel a little dated, and I would be interested to see that given a refresh.

Great product for small biz, but limited capabilities

Bewertet am 10.11.2018
Creative Director

Kommentare: I can quickly build one template and create different versions of it. Or, I can make duplicates of an existing email, and make any edits I want. It's very easy to use for basic email creation and deployment.

Vorteile: There are a dozens of templates to choose from, or you can build your own campaign. Easy to get started, easy to set up deployments.

Nachteile: I've never been able to upload prebuilt html into the platform. Supposedly you can, but we had a designer, and two managers all sitting around the computer for nearly an hour trying to figure it out to no avail. And a more robust search feature would be great - like the ability to search by subject line or key word.

Currently the best email service provider in the balance of powerful features and easy of use.

Bewertet am 16.5.2018
Director of Business Development
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love the email builder. That's what did it for me. But I also like Worldview, it's amazing. I also really like the reports, they are so easy to navigate and give deeper insights than I saw with other ESPs.

Nachteile: It's a little pricey compared to the alternatives, but I think it's worth it. One time I had a very bad issue which they apologized for and gave me a credit for, but it was really bad. Things happen, still a great company.

Campaign Monitor makes email marketing easy with it's easy to use interface and a ton of features.

Bewertet am 12.2.2018
Brendan O.
Email Marketing Specialist

Kommentare: The biggest benefit was that I was able to get up to speed and learn the software quickly. It wasn't overwhelming and I felt like I could build great looking emails right away.

Vorteile: I like that it enables you to create great looking email without any prior experience or knowledge coding or building emails. They have a drag and drop email builder that allows you to quickly create beautiful, responsive, mobile-friendly emails in an easy to use interface. Their marketing automation features are also much easier to learn than some of their competitors.

Nachteile: For advanced email marketers with coding and development knowledge, Campaign Monitor is a little too simple. It really is geared to marketers who don't have a lot of development knowledge and lacks some of the features of Salesforce's Marketing Cloud.