Über Widen Collective

„Zweifellos das beste DAM-System gibt.“ Ab USD $ 28.000, Widen liefert den besten Wert für Organisationen aller Größen.

Erfahre mehr über Widen Collective

Alain D.
Webmaster
Tiefbau, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.8.2019

"A great asset manager for a large corporation"

Kommentare: We use Widen as a digital asset manager that houses our corporate photography, videos, branding materials, and other documentation. Everyone in the company can log in through Single Sign-On and begin using the tool to find and access the content they need to get their jobs done quickly and independently.

Vorteile: The search functionality is powerful. Metadata parameters are as broad or as narrow as I'd like them to be when I'm uploading my content, but I know that I'll always be able to track things down with the search bar.
I love that, as an administrator, I can assign different "roles" or "groups" to both users and assets to ensure that the right content can be found by the right people, and restrictions or limitations can be put in place when required.
The front page is pretty customizable, though that part isn't as intuitive as it could be. (A free-form HTML editor option would be nice, for the geeks among us who want to really extract the full potential of a customized front page). Fully integrated Single Sign-On makes it easy for anyone in the organization to log in and get going with virtually no effort on my part as an administrator. The analytics reports let me know how much use we're getting out of the tool, what people are searching for, and creates opportunities for optimization. It also gives us a clear indication of what type of content require to get their jobs done, so we can better cater to their needs.

Nachteile: Again, the lack of a truly free-form HTML editor option for the homepage layout is a bit limiting - We've managed to find clever ways around that to ensure people can still easily navigate around and find what they need, but the ability to customize that homepage would be great. It would be nice as an administrator to be able to quickly and easily change my view mode to be able to see what content is available for different role types. Currently, I find myself having to log into a number of dummy accounts with different access levels to verify what content is/isn't displayed, which can interrupt my workflow.

• Bewertet am 14.8.2019
Levi D.
Lead Web Designer
Sport, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.10.2019

"Widen Media Collective (DAM) Review"

Vorteile: Its searchable content. As long as metadata is used, searching for assets is relatively easy.

Nachteile: Upload process. The Drag/Drop feature was nice! Now I'm forced to go through a wizard. Too time consuming for my liking.

• Bewertet am 7.10.2019
Jennifer D.
Digital Asset Manager and Administrator
Computer-Hardware, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.5.2020

"Amazing product and customer service "

Kommentare: Ease of use is a big factor for us and being able to modify the DAM as needed makes it a program we can use and adapt to the different business units at NVIDIA. The customer service with Widen is a big help whenever I have questions or issues.

Vorteile: The product is easy to use and modify as needed. There are always new updates to the features which makes it even easier to use for my users.

Nachteile: The AEM Integration does not work as it should. This was a big sell for us since our website is hosted by AEM and now we can't integrate the two without AEM working properly with Widen.

• Bewertet am 7.5.2020
Kala H.
Trek Marketing Builder Administrator
  • Bewertet am 30.11.2010

"Widen Collective"

Kommentare: The Digital Asset System was put in place to provide easy access to assets owned by Trek Bicycle Corporation for those internally and externally. These assets can be ordered and downloaded at any time of day or night. It's an invaluable tool for our dealers, distributors, and international offices.
'
The Media Template is an online ad, and media builder. It allows Trek to control brand consistency, while it allows our users to build media in minutes using pre-approved images and text without the need of expensive software programs. We use this portion of the site to provide promotional items and in store signage to our large dealer base.
Overall, I think the Widen collective is a great product and I really enjoy working with Widen.

Vorteile: Good customer support
Robust reporting features
Assets can be downloaded in a variety of file formats
Various types of file formats are supported
Permissions can be setup to protect assets
Users can access the site through a standard web browser
Media can be built in minutes without needing expensive software programs
Assets/media can be ordered and downloaded at any time of day or night
Software updates made throughout the year

Nachteile: Pages can be slow to load at times
Reporting tools can be confusing
Custom enhancements to the site can be expensive
Some education is needed for new users of the site
The site is not setup for printing on demand
Home page can be confusing if your site includes the DAM and the media builder

• Bewertet am 30.11.2010
Kelly H.
Art Production Manager
Einzelhandel, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

"Widen Collective Review"

Kommentare: From the beginning, I have 100% loved every experience I have encountered with Widen. I absolutely love everything about your company's history and philosophy. Because of such wonderful management, you know how to treat a customer! I always know I can count on your team to help me with my problems and offer solutions in a quick manner. I have attended 2 years of the Widen Summit and get SO much out of the experience. I learn so much and always go home with a notebook full of notes on how to improve my own DAM and my own user's experiences. You all energize me is a way that I never though was possible with image organization and metadata knowledge. LOL! Keep doing what you're doing, this customer is very satisfied.

Vorteile: Our DAM houses all of the images we use in our catalogs and online. I love it's ability to organize and tag image in order to search for them with ease.

Nachteile: I think the one thing that I struggle with was the update on how to upload images. My retouch artist and I are usually the main uploads, and we enjoyed the drag and drop feature that used to be on our main page instead of having to click through the Upload Wizard.

Tanesha W.
Training Specialist
Restaurants, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.9.2019

"Great hub for storing and sharing content"

Kommentare: We are using it as a one stop shop for our field team to have access to training, resources, selling collateral, company news and other helpful things. We also love that we can quickly update the versions when needed. The team has been less frustrated now that they have 1 place to go.

Vorteile: I love that I can easily store all of my content in the system, then make a website like portal to share and organize my content in a neat way.

Nachteile: I wish there was a way to add hyperlinks to Asset Collections so that I can link out to other internal websites within my company or to an eCourse within Workday.

• Bewertet am 27.9.2019
Jeanelle L.
Communication Operations Specialist
Marketing & Werbung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.3.2020

"Widen Collective Support & Features"

Kommentare: The storage capability that Widen offers has really benefitted our team since we heavily use the archiving feature. We are able to organize our multimedia files when obsolete, expired or updates have been made.

Vorteile: The storage capability that Widen offers is awesome. Using this platform has helped our team manage our multimedia content in one single place and make it available for others when needed. Uploading assets and tagging the metadata is easy and can be done in batches for efficiency, which saves us a lot of time.

Nachteile: If portals can be searched for on the collective site, it will really help our team communicate our newest products. Currently, portals are not able to be searched for and sharing individual portal links can be time consuming.

Eric K.
Bau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.12.2019

"Amazing product for managing content fantastically"

Kommentare: For me this application is a huge blessing that keeps my content management easier by each passing day.

Vorteile: It helps in embedding codes in order to categorize all my files and folders. URL’s can also be track down through this amazing platform in just few minutes. Moreover, this platform allows me to have a robust search filter that helps me to get all my required files within just few seconds.

Nachteile: Regardless of all these features it also supports me to manage all my content digitally and also to have an access every time. It is always proved to be helpful to me. I failed to find any single feature to be like least about it.

• Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Marisa S.
manager, digital marketing
Konsumgüter, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.5.2020

"Great platform"

Kommentare: Great company. The implementation team was exceptional and really helped our organization navigate this large, cross-functional undertaking.

Vorteile: Widen's DAM tool is intuitive to use and easy to manage.

Nachteile: There are occasional bugs with Workflow, however the support team is responsive.

• Bewertet am 6.5.2020
Molly O.
Worker
Sportartikel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.3.2020

"Great customer service"

Kommentare: Great customer service and good product that makes it easy.

Vorteile: The customer service is the best in the business. Highly recommend for their attention to detail and ability to figure out problems.

Nachteile: I like everything about the software and I do not think they need to change or update anything in their portfolio.

• Bewertet am 10.3.2020
Tommy U.
Creative Director
Bekleidung & Mode, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.8.2017

"Widen Collective is the best Digital Asset Management system I have ever worked with."

Kommentare: My team has to manage over 15 different categories of assets. Most of those categories are individual brands within our company. Some are segments of the brands. All of that to say that we have sliced up our asset offering in many ways to best serve our customers. By being able to segment those brands, we are able to get the right asset served up quickly in a variety of formats to fit most every need. In addition to that, we can make it so only certain assets can be served to certain customers. All through the use of Widen's "role" and "asset group" functions. We have well over 1000 end-users that we can easily manage.

Vorteile: I've used quite a few DAM solutions in the past and Widen is by far the best one I have worked with. The thing that I like the best is the ability to manage the metadata just as easy as it is to manage the assets themselves. On top of that, the ability to assign permissions to access and administer assets by role has proven to be very valuable. We have assets that are only applicable to certain customers, so I can easily manage that through the admin tool. The time that we spent managing assets went from a full-time person's job before implementing Widen to only an hour or so a week once it is up and running. My team has to manage over 15 different categories of assets. Most of those categories are individual brands within our company. Some are segments of the brands. All of that to say that we have sliced up our asset offering in many ways to best serve our customers. By being able to segment those brands, we are able to get the right asset served up quickly in a variety of formats to fit most every need. In addition to that, we can make it so only certain assets can be served to certain customers. All through the use of Widen's "role" and "asset group" functions. We have well over 1000 end-users that we can easily manage.

Nachteile: The only thing I have an issue with is my inability to customize the home page. From what I can tell, you have to be pretty savvy at HTML to do it right. But, I can say that there are some basic things that you can customize that will make your page on brand by adding logos and customizing the colors of fonts, buttons, etc.

• Bewertet am 29.8.2017
Shelby T.
Global Imagery Manager / DAM Image Library Manager
Computer-Software, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.8.2019

"Widen is a responsive and powerful DAM with bonus features and very attentive customer service"

Kommentare: We are able to archive and distribute thousands of marketing assets to a global audience very efficiently and with a sufficient amount of protection and guidance about proper usage. Portals have allowed teams to communicate out about curated groups of assets and instructions with a single url which has helped their ability to promote the most valuable and up to date marketing assets.

Vorteile: Assets are served up quickly around the world and it is a very stable platform. When technical issues do arise, they are very communicative about their progress of solving the issue. I like the dedicated customer rep as well as access to new features and feedback through their Trello boards. I also like the ability to extract metadata from image IPTC metadata and map it to our custom fields.

Nachteile: I like the ability to create portals in order to highlight and add info to curated groups of assets, but there are some weaknesses in portal functionality and portal creation capabilities. It would be ideal to be able to create custom dashboards/homepage without extensive use of html. The current wysiwyg is extremely limited in design/layout capability. We'd like a better way for our users to be able to search for portals.

• Bewertet am 5.8.2019
Barbara M.
Production Administrator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.12.2018

"Widen Collective - a True Leader in the Field!"

Kommentare: Our challenge was that duplicate files were everywhere. Our employees had no idea what assets were current or expired - so image and logo requests were constantly directed to the Creative Department cutting into valuable time for designing. By purchasing a DAM system, we were able to centralize our assets, and provide users, controlled access to the most current files which, in turn, maximized productivity and efficiencies. In addition – our global offices are now connected with the most up-to-date materials they need, in any time zone, which has improved the current process. You will find that the customer service is amazing. Widen's team will help guide you through all of your challenges to ensure you build a successful DAM. In addition, once your system is built – Widen continues to build a relationship with you - providing full support even after the on-boarding process is complete. They are dependable, accountable and extremely customer focused.

Vorteile: The DAM interface is quick and easy to use, the reporting capabilities are robust, and the security allows a lot of flexibility. In addition - we love the Portals - which allows us to provide assets to our non users.

Nachteile: Knowing that a DAM is customized to your company’s needs, I'm not going to lie – implementing a DAM system can be grueling and a lot of work. But that’s the beauty of a DAM – as your company grows, your DAM can also grow and be customized to reflect changes and future needs.

• Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Nick S.
Creative Consultant
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

"We love WIDEN"

Kommentare: We've been using WIDEN's DAM for about three years now to organize and distribute marketing deliverables to other internal departments like sales, development, etc. It makes it so easy to have a single, definitive location to find marketing-related assets. People don't have to wonder where to look to see if they have the latest version of an asset. And we don't have to worry about people accessing things they shouldn't. It also cuts down a lot on the requests we get day to day, because folks know where to go to find things themselves. And the support team at WIDEN is awesome and super friendly and helpful whenever we do have to reach out to them (which isn't that often because their product is great!).

Vorteile: It makes keeping things organized (which is a complicated job) super easy.

Nachteile: It works really, really well, but as with any asset management tool, there is ongoing maintenance and auditing that has to take place. That can get tedious at times, but we realize that it has to be done to keep things current, delete outdated/redundant assets, or just to check things that might have been uploaded with incorrect metadata, for instance.

Lauren C.
Photo Librarian
5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

"Great DAM solution!"

Kommentare: One of the best things about Widen is their customer support. Every team member I've interacted with has been incredibly knowledgable and genuinely wants to help me. For example, I had a vision for our Dashboard page, and I wasn't sure how to achieve it myself because it involved a fair amount of coding. One of the customer support staff worked (very patiently) with me to literally build my vision. I even hand drew a picture and emailed it to him so he could see what I wanted. Thank you Tyson Purcell! So whether it's through the vast information on the Support Page, the direct chat, or emailing or talking with very responsive Widen staff, I have found a solution to just about all of the problems I have encountered. It's not just admin who love Widen, our users have told us how easy it is to use to search and share assets.

Vorteile: I love that it is cloud-based and you can access it from any computer, phone or tablet. It's super easy to create collections and share media with internal and external clients.

Nachteile: Some of the features need updating in my opinion. I have asked several times for certain changes that I'm sure I'm not the only one to encounter.

Hannah S.
Graphic Designer
51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.10.2016

"Widen is an advanced, user friendly media asset"

Kommentare: What I like best about Widen is that it is multifunctional. Not only is it a secure way to archive images, documents and videos, but it also allows you to share these files amoungst coworkers and clients with ease. Multiple people can be uploading, sharing and viewing files with no problem. It takes the weight off of one person having to manage the content and allows anyone to distribute items without a hassle.

Vorteile: The biggest business problem that it has solved for my company is it allows multiple people to do what once was a one person task. It saves time when being able to have multiple people have access to the same files and being able to send, upload and manage it all. Being able to easily send outside organizations images and documents has saved us so much time and has left very little room for error when sending. With Widen's recent website advancement's, it's given me an opportunity to create a creative brief for projects I'm working on. All within 1 website. It's great.

Nachteile: This doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes I will be uploading files and Widen will time out or freeze during my upload and I'll have to start the process all over. This could be a problem with my internet connection as well.

• Bewertet am 3.10.2016
Amanda P.
Photographer
  • Bewertet am 10.6.2010

"Widen has changed the way I work"

Kommentare: Overall I would definitely recommend Widen to any company that has a large amount of photo files that they need to store and easily be able to send to others, either internally or externally.

Vorteile: Widen is a fairly easy and efficient way to store, archive, and distribute photographic files. In the year that I have been using Widen, it has changed the way I work. Now when I receive a request for a specific photo, I don't have to resize it and make sure it is the appropriate size to fit into an email. I just choose the file I want, send it to the recipient and they download it directly from the site instead of through e-mail. This is especially helpful to those who are always battling an in-box size limit! It has also made it easier to work off-site. Say I am out of the office on assignment or home sick. If I see a request come in, I can log onto Widen from anywhere and send the requests files out at any time! The search features also work great for us. Users throughout the university can now directly search for whatever type of photo they are looking for instead of requesting it through our department by phone or email.

Nachteile: Though I love Widen there have been a few minor issues we have encountered. The first is that it is a little hard to understand at the beginning. The back end of the program seems complicated to a new user. However, we have now figured everything out and so this really is no longer an issue for us. The other issue I sometimes run into is that the processing can be a bit slow. There are times when I upload my files and then cannot see the previews of my files for quite some time. This can be a problem when I am trying to identify people in the photograph to add their names to the keywords. The only way around this currently is to be patient and go work on something else for a while.

• Bewertet am 10.6.2010
Scott L.
Business Application Dev Team Lead
Möbel, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.9.2016

"Great DAM solution with plenty of features"

Kommentare: Our company uses Widen as our Digital Asset Management (DAM) solution. Our employees and reps can easily find the media content they want using a very nice search feature and it allows them to download the content in various formats and sizes. The application is very intuitive, fast, and easy to use. Widen offers flexible integration which easily allows our applications and websites to pull media from the Widen DAM so all our companies digital media needs can come from a single repository which makes maintaining data an easy process. I've used Widen's technical support in the past for questions with integration and learning more about what their solution offers and the support team has always very helpful, knowledgeable, and quick to respond.

Vorteile: I like the ability and flexibility Widen offers to integrate the digital media content with our applications and websites. It also offers nice tools and functionality to add, maintain, organize, and secure content.

Richard C.
Marketing Applications Administrator
Chemikalien, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.8.2017

"Widen is a company that delivers a great product with great customer service"

Kommentare: We store digital assets on the system for company wide collaboration, we also started using the Media Collective as a web host for external forward facing websites. Widen makes it easy for us to accomplish these tasks as painlessly as possible.

Vorteile: The Media Collective software is easy to use and is easy to configure. If you need some help there is an extensive online help library full of things which can help you, but if you need to talk to someone directly you can web chat, email or call. The help associates are always very friendly and will work with you to understand and fix the issues that you're having.

Nachteile: I guess I don't like the fact that it's not free? I had to put something in this space. If it was free it would definitely be better however that's probably not a sustainable scenario for Widen.

• Bewertet am 28.8.2017
Rob F.
Video Producer
  • Bewertet am 23.11.2015

"Finally! A system that is low-maintenance and works."

Kommentare: We've been on Widen for about two years so far and it has been great! Back before we were with Widen, we could make due with what we had...barely. Our team sat down with all the stake holders who would be using it on a regular basis and mapped out our needs, wants, etc., and then started doing some research. We went through three or four DAM system and had representatives from these companies explain what their systems could do, but they always seemed lacking, especially with the price tag they were quoting. Some of them we did like, but there would have to be equipment that was brought in to hold the assets and such, which would be ok, but then we would have to maintain the equipment. And then if there is an equipment issue we would likely have to wait for a representative to come fix it and hope it works. Just too much hassle for something we basically wanted to put assets on and keep them there for distribution. Then enter Widen. From the first demonstration of what their system can do, and the abilities we would have with setting permissions and distributing all the image, audio, and video assets, we were giving each other high-fives. Literally, we had the phone on mute and were high-fiving each other over and over again! The on-phone rep from Widen had no idea. We LOVED that we could upload assets onto Widen's cloud and our trainers all over the world could easily search, preview, and download any files we allowed them to. And there is zero maintenance on our end, other than uploading the assets, setting permissions, and making sure the proper metadata is typed in. And any time we have had an issue, Widen has been great about making sure a representative is there to help walk us through it. So, now we're into Widen about two years and I almost forget it's there sometimes. Whenever there was a video request, we had to manually get a video out to a trainer or someone, which takes time that we don't seem to have. Now, they can just log onto Widen, search for an asset, and download it. Seriously, get a Widen representative on the phone see what they can do for you.

• Bewertet am 23.11.2015
Jen N.
Sr. Creative Services Partner
  • Bewertet am 28.11.2017

"Widen is intuitive, easy-to-use and makes organizing digital assets a breeze!"

Vorteile: Beauty and brains - the dashboard is legit! You can personalize it to your needs, it's visually appealing without the clutter. The activity feed and the spotlight collection is useful for me and the other admins. Love the idea of the brand portals and can't wait until we can implement and launch it.

Nachteile: As an admin, I'd like to see asset thumbnails in the uploads and downloads tab instead of filenames. Also, the asset versions isn't as easy to use. If we have 3 versions of an asset, I'd love it if when you click on the asset, you can tile the assets to determine which one to download. Currently, you have a "switch version" button that gets lost in the details. Lastly, the batch edit tool sometimes doesn't apply to all assets in the batch.

• Bewertet am 28.11.2017
Gus R.
Associate Graphic Designer
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.8.2017

"Widen is fast and efficient. It's responsive with search and downloading assets."

Vorteile: Speed.
Since the beginning we've upload thousands of images and added hundreds of users across our company and partners. It has not slowed down with all of the added weight and burden. It's still as snappy and responsive searching for assets in the beginning. Narrowing the search results and downloading images is very quick.

Nachteile: Support.
The support could be better. There has been times, not in a while, when it goes down, just like any cloud service. But it seems the first line of support are the on-site admins. It's a problem when they are not in the office. There's not an easy way to contact support when needed. There should be a chat feature to let them know when we are experiencing outages and get the issues solved.

• Bewertet am 17.8.2017
Valerie D.
Graphic Designer
  • Bewertet am 21.11.2012

"Widen Collective Review"

Kommentare: I would definitely recommend Widen to those familiar with DAM as well as those who are just starting out. The Widen team is also a great group to work with from start to finish and are there for you every step of the way, even for a company like ours that have been using Widen's services for over 7 years now.

Vorteile: I have been very pleased with using Widen for our DAM tool. Their support team is phenomenal! Anytime I have a question or issue, they respond immediately and are very helpful to get to the bottom of any issue I might be having, or explain a feature I may not be knowledgeable in. Their entire team is always looking for ways to improve the tool based on user feedback and suggestions. It's great to have a company so open to what the users are saying. I have also found that the tool itself has been great in meeting our DAM needs. By building out a thorough and intuitive organization structure through categories, asset groups and metadata, we have been able to greatly increase the use of our tool and have received numerous compliments on the improvements. That along with Widen's new interface launched in 2012, the collective is now a much more user friendly and intuitive tool for both users and administrators alike.

Nachteile: My only complaint at this time is that the "Send File" feature has been discontinued with the launch of the new interface. I believe our company may have been one of the few groups that used the tool fairly often, and were sad to see the feature go. We hope to be able to find a solution either with Widen or with an outside service in order to send large files directly to another user without having to have the asset 'live' in the DAM tool.

• Bewertet am 21.11.2012
Latrisha E.
Production Design Supervisor
  • Bewertet am 27.11.2017

"This program truly has made getting work done easier for all of our users."

Vorteile: Using Widen software has allowed our creative teams to manage content more effectively. With it, we are able to track asset revisions and popularity. This has made it easier for us to be more strategic in the creation and placement of our content. Additionally, with the Workflow management tool, digital proofing interface and Digital Asset Management library, our users only have to visit one site to enter jobs, proof and collaborate on new content, and access current assets and media.

Nachteile: Sometimes we experience "glitches" or "bugs" within the software after a major update is rolled out, but that's to be expected and they are always quick to respond when this happens.

Samantha B.
Production Graphic Artist
Einzelhandel, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.11.2017

"Overall, Widen has been a huge benefit and time saver not only for the company, but for my position."

Vorteile: The convenience and logical layout of the site as a whole. Our sales reps, the Woolrich team, and our buyers all are able to use the site without any hiccups. I really like that I am able to control who can see and download what. Because of Widen I don't have to download every asset and take up space on my computer, I can send links to anyone and everyone that needs them, but also it makes it so our reps can take care of their accounts directly and aren't coming to me for everything. It reallly makes my job so much easier!

Nachteile: I don't really have any complaints except I wish I didn't have to change my password so much. I'm running out of ideas! :)