Über YourMembership

YourMembership ist eine erschwingliche All-in-one-Mitgliederverwaltungssoftware, die für kleine und mittlere Verbände und gemeinnützige Organisationen entwickelt wurde.

Erfahre mehr über YourMembership

It was user friendly and feature heavy however most of the features were not useful to us.

We could not allow new members to register online because the calculations in the programming couldn't handle the variables. The export/import with Quickbooks was ineffective.

Bewertungen zu YourMembership

3,7
4,0
3,7
4,0

YourMembership hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 173 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du YourMembership bereits verwendet?

Silvia
Silvia
Membership Coordinator in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best of both worlds!

Kommentare: My experience with YM has been pleasant. Anytime I have a question there are many resources to navigate through prior to calling into customer support. Often I find things out on my own but whenever I have had a question the YM team answers quickly. I have been using YM since 2016 and have seen many improvements. I've used older templates/versions of YM and all have been user-friendly.

YM offers both a website platform and membership database all in one. I had been using YM for three years before a potential switch and was able to see how other sites didn't have the membership database. We decided to stay with YM and I even recommended it to my new organization...been utilizing YM daily for the last five years!

A feature that can be updated is radio buttons, for check out (invoicing). This can be helpful come dues renewal time to allow donations to be automatically applied (radio button).

Antwort von Community Brands

Silvia, thank you for the review! As an all-in-one solution for small staffs, we are glad to hear that your team has found success in managing your association's website and membership through YM.

Tim
IT Consultant in UK
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best All-Encompassing Member Solution for Organizations Without an IT Department?

Kommentare: YM has allowed us to:
a) unify all our different country operations on to a single software base;
b) replace a range of on-premises systems with a single cloud solution; and
c) meet the modern expectations of our members and customers without having to have an IT Department.

We selected YM because it covers all the bases needed by a non-profit member organization (website, member management, donation management, groups, events and online store) in one comprehensive package. More than that - and this is the clincher - it is designed for organizations with little or no internal IT capability. You don't need a server, special equipment, or even to know programming in order to deploy and configure the solution. It is a true cloud solution, with everyone always on the same latest version - so support is excellent and enhancements always ongoing.

When you buy a system like YM you need to be aware that: a) you won't be getting 'best in class' in each specific area of functionality (i.e. there are better web stores than the one in YM, better event management solutions than the one in YM, etc.) - but I don't think you will find a better solution across all areas; and b) this is not custom software, YM aren't going to change the software just to suit your business (rather you need to bend your business to suit the software) - having said that, YM is incredibly configurable (including the entire look and feel of the web front-end) so this isn't at all a major issue.

Antwort von Community Brands

Tim, thank you for the review! As an all-in-one solution for small staffs, we are glad to hear that your team has found success in managing all aspects of your association with YM.

Lance
Co-Founder - President in USA
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Full featured platform with a terrific support team.

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Working with [sensitive content hidden]
was fantastic. [sensitive content hidden]
went to CommunityBrands (YourMembership) after being a user at one of their customers so she knows the system like nobody else. [sensitive content hidden]
and his design team did such a great job on our website and were very accommodating to my several changes along the way. The website turned out fantastic!

I like that I didn't have to build my own solution since their platform already handles most everything.

Setup of the different types of memberships/member types was very confusing. I felt their setup guides could have been easier to understand.

Gwen
President in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

YourMembership Implementation

3,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: We hope the overall experience for our members and staff will be good once we finalize the launch.

The support has been good. We have not yet launched our CRM or Website.

The web templates have been difficult to use.

Liz
Sr. Dir. Communications and Events Management in USA
Philanthropie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Your Membership

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Attractive website.[sensitive content hidden] is an outstanding support to us.

Design capabilities are very limited unless you know code very well.

Andy
Immediate Past President - SCMA in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Switching to YM Was a Leap In Improving our Backend Admin and Supporting Our Members

Kommentare: It has been excellent. First, we spent about 3 months meeting weekly with a YM rep ([SENSITIVE CONTENT]) to learn the system and to format our website main page. She was great to work with, very patient with us, and answered all of our questions to ensure we had a successful launch. The options and products that YM offers actually helped us to move away from some of the outsourcing that we previously had to do for some of these processes. This also helped to reduce cycle time for processes and allow our admin to spend more time on other tasks vs spending large amounts of time of fixing issues. The support system is good. It is easy to search for a topic when you can not remember how to do something are trying to do something for the first time. The write-ups or videos they have are good or you can always call and talk to someone! Most importantly, our members are way more pleased with their experience when navigating through the website for information or events than they were with our old website with our previous vendor.

Transitioning to the YM was a lot of work but easier than I thought. A lot of work from our end in learning YM but our members found the transition to be easy and they appreciated the ease of use when logging in or when navigating the website. Easy to set up custom pages for events and for general information for our website. We can easily do more things ourselves because of the ease and flexibility of the software such as: event pages, member information, calendar of events, marketing emails, various member levels/categories, customizing certain aspects of the website, and making changes in all of these areas.

Some aspects of the website are not flexible to change but it is not anything that is a show stopper. Ex: There is a place on the website that allows for a scrolling list of new members. But it will only list the names by first initial and last name. We wanted to list the name by first name and last name. Not a big deal but it would be a nice option to have.

Antwort von Community Brands

Andy, thank you so much for the review! We are so happy to hear that switching to YM has helped your staff to spend their time where it matters (on your members and organization!) and not on frustrating and time-consuming issues. We are so glad that your new website has helped to improve your members' experience with your organization.

MJ
VP Operations in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Poor Support is not their only problem....

Kommentare: I have a urgent problem with YM at this moment -- and you can NEVER get them on the phone. It takes HOURS and HOURS if not DAYS to get responses to problems. And the response you normally get is NO- the system cant do that- or you will manually have to edit 300 records. You can't change your membership renewal date. Updates to the application are MINIMAL at best. They did roll out an email upgrade which may have helped with SPAM -- can't tell for sure if it helped. It has been about the only real upgrade I have seen in the membership side of the system. They seem to focus more of their efforts on their other applications and not YourMembership. I wish someone had told me all this when I selected YM.

I can't say I am in love with any of the features -- it works -- but there is nothing that just says -- if I didn't have this I couldn't do my job.

The CRM piece of this application is piss-poor at best. I guess coming from major CRM software application with hundreds of features and flexibility and being an expert on Wordpress -- the lack of flexibility in the site for managing custom pages is horrible. They should just offer a Wordpress plugin for membership management by embedding member management functions into a wordpress site -- because they suck at CRM. My Advice -- Use Wordpress for your primary site tool -- and try to embed their membership page into your wordpress site somehow. I may try to convert this way because I am tired of trying to code pages into thier site -- when tools exist such as wordpress that can easily do everything.

George
George
Vice President, Technology Solutions in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great value for your money. Always improving, with no need to upgrade.

Kommentare: YM delivered a stable, reliable platform to 15 of our associations and allowed us to shift investment to other proprieties without losing features.

Community Brands continues to invest in the YM platform, and as a SaaS product, upgrades are delivered on a regular basis without the need for continuous testing by the user base.

Occasionally, your product enhancement request can be lost among the hundreds of other customers using the product. It is best to team up with other customers to upvote your recommendations.

Wil
Comms Officer in USA
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

YM Membership Platform Review

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I would say decent, we have had a few struggles and thought it would work a little bit better in some things we are using it for but all and all it seems to be a good assn mgt software solution.

That they assigned us a dedicated rep, [sensitive content hidden], to meet with us weekly to help implement the software. [sensitive content hidden] did an EXCELLENT JOB helping us get through the initial steps and get into the functionality. She even suggested work arounds for some of the things we wanted the system to do but wasn't designed to do.

Some of the functionality seems antiquated compared to other web products out there.

Deanna
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Organization went to a new level

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: The implementation process was excellent. We were assigned our own point person and she was fantastic. Very knowledgeable, kept us on point and helped us figure things out that work for us because of her knowledge and experience. Using the system has been a game changer for us. More members are getting more engaged. We are able to handle renewals and new applicants much more efficiently.

Ability to reach members and maintain active memberships and renewals

It is not as mobile friendly as I would like to see. Creates issues for members.

Kelle
Director of Asset Management in USA

Not for Trade Organizations

Kommentare: All of the deficiencies listed above were frustrating, time-consuming, and took away from the real objectives of our organization. Unfortunately, more times than not, the customer service we received when trying to work through issues was lacking in consistency and expertise.

The front end website was linked to the back end administration. But then again, shouldn't they all be?

**The user experience of my members was so inadequate, we had to discourage members from registering for events or education online. The number of calls we fielded because of access was incredibly inconvenient, but we had to help our members the best we could. **I had a complex dues structure and YM did not have the capacity or understanding to meet our needs. We could not allow new members to register online because the calculations in the programming couldn't handle the variables. **The export/import with Quickbooks was ineffective. We had to do so many adjustments once the data was imported to QB, and it took a significant amount of time. I actually lost my 3rd party accountant (a CPA) because of how cumbersome the process was. I had to spend extra time researching where to "reclass" the items that were dumped into a "holding accounts" so that my accountant could make the adjustments. Journal entries were abundant and threatened our credibility with the Board.

Joe
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A VERY basic AMS and struggling to keep up.

Kommentare: Last year, they were down because they didn't understand SQL and had issues. The WHOLE system was down off and on for over a month. It paralyzed us. Our only consolation, it happened to everyone, not just us. Management is removed from the everyday member and it shows. Overall, the system has done the barebasics OK, but if you venture out into other areas like email marketing, events, community engagement, the system doesn't do anything beyond the basics well.

It is generally simple to edit a webpage. Finding a member is generally also simple. The integration with the website is OK BUT you are on your own for design.

1. slow support 2. staff that don't follow up or inform you of support status for DAYS when you have an outage 3. The API is quirky and constantly giving us issues that our third party always finds is YM's issue. We were recently down for 3 days because they couldn't white list an API return URL properly. 4. Get ready to be just a number. 5. Calendaring features for recurring events doesn't work. You configure 8 events and it shows 4 online leaving you the option of configuring every event individually IF You want it to work correctly.

Toni
President and COO in USA

Enthusiasm Wanning

Kommentare: I used to be a HUGE supporter of YM. However, as they have grown, they have not kept up with staffing requirements and service is what is suffering. It takes weeks to get responses to tickets and when someone does respond, they seldom have a solution because they just aren't trained adequately.

YM is functional and fairly easy to use. I like that there are updated and improvement made regularly.

Things have been changing over the past few years as YM has grown. They are now starting to charge more for things like the REST API. They also put deadlines in for conversions such as transitioning from the current API to REST API and then do not have the support to assist as needed.

Mallory
Vice President in USA
Versicherung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good Option for Smaller Organizations

Kommentare: I think the team at YourMembership is responsive to requests, but some of the system capabilities are lagging from a technology standpoint. Our organization is growing and moving quickly and we don't always have the tools within YourMembership to do some of the things we want to and have had to go elsewhere for these services. Strictly from a membership management system and website provider - the platform works for our small sized team.

We use this software for Association Management as well as our external facing website. I like the updates we have recently made to the website utilizing this platform. I also appreciate the reporting capabilities on the backend.

I wish there were more formatting options for sending emails out of the system. The generic emails can seem bland and without having much of a coding background, its difficult to make them look like more pleasing from a marketing perspective.

Jennifer
Assistant Director in USA

Great All-In-One Option

Kommentare: We have had a great experience thus far with YM! If we needed help getting something set up or corrected, we are able to contact support and receive almost immediate assistance. The ability to collect membership dues, event registration payments, provide an informative website, manage membership records, etc. all in one place is great and it's easy to use.

I like that everything we do is in one spot! We are able to manage our website, database and memberships, as well as events all with YM. I also have found it quite user friendly which is nice when I do not have much time to devote to figuring out how it works.

I wish it were a little easier to see our membership numbers but we have more than one organization represented in our database so I'm not sure if that's possible and I have not had the time to talk through with YM what our possibilities are with finding a solution to something like that.

Karen
Treasurer in USA

YourMembership

Dues and Membership management is easy to use when tracking payments and invoices, as well as member status. As Treasurer, I use this quite frequently to verify payments and research membership questions sent to me by the municipalities and members of our organization

Would like to see a better search for members purchase history. At times it is hard and time consuming to try and find invoices that they state they have paid especially when they do not have the invoice number with them.

Antwort von Community Brands

Karen, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience using YourMembership! Our team strives to help small staff associations like yours to achieve your goals and mission! We are glad to hear your team can successfully manage memberships and dues in YM.

Megan
Communications Lead in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent customer service

I have very much appreciated YM's support team. They gave speedy, clear, and very informative responses to all my questions. They are kind and professional, and I’m glad we had the opportunity to work together on PSI's website redesign. They led us through the process and were helpful at every step of the way.

This is great software for people who like WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get), and don't want to have to worry about the technical details. If you're the type that likes to peak under the hood have maximum control, this isn't the solution for you -- that said, the support team has been very responsive at making changes to aspects of the website that we don't have control over as the customer.

Eric
Director, Operations and Programming in USA

Great overall software for Member Association CRM and Website Management

Ability to customize and good customer support.

Can take awhile for new features to be implemented

Tim
Accounting & Finance Manager in USA

Reporting in YM

I can easily pull up needed information to help make management decisions. I can also create reports that are useful to my specific needs in addition to good number of system generated reports that can be used as is or tweaked to my specific needs.

In the report section, the wealth of reports can be overwhelming. I find the ability to create reports to be cumbersome.

Antwort von Community Brands

Tim, thank you so much for the review! We are happy to hear that you and your team are able to easily create and run reports in YourMembership and that you find them insightful and useful.

Phindile
Administrator in Südafrika
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

YourMembership, the software provider an association needs.

Kommentare: The overall experience has been amazing and a breath of fresh air in this world with so much work. It can take a load off of a person's shoulders.

YM has amazing features to keep the work easier to do and accommodating in terms of time and money. The events feature is what i like the most followed by the membership dues and online store.

Please improve the events with sessions section in terms of certification obtained after attending such. We should be able to distinguish who attended what session.

Stratton
Marketing & Communications Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

YourMembership is decent when it actually works.

Kommentare: YourMembership staff is friendly and responsive, the features meet most of our needs but the site performance is awful.

It meets all of our basic needs for an association software management.

YourMembership has constant issues with performance or being outright down. We understand that there are going to always be issues that pop up when dealing with technology. The latest issue has lasted 3 days and for most of that time our website has been completely down.

Wendy
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

YM just "OK"

Kommentare: "Just OK" - will be looking for other AMS systems. Customer service very slow.

YM handles basic processes adequately. Multiple features.

Doesn't always "play well" with others. Email portion inadequate. Metrics ability lacking.

Antwort von Community Brands

Wendy, thank you for sharing this experience that your staff has had. YourMembership prides ourselves on helping you put your members first and because of this we put our customers first. Please check out the resource and training library we have for YM Clients: https://support.yourmembership.com/hc/en-us/articles/203158890

Charmayne
Member Experience Coordinator in USA

My opinion only

Kommentare: Using the system has been pretty good. It's the support that is terrible. Usually once you get a support person to speak with it has been very good.

I like most everything about YM. I would not have one specific thing at this time.

Support is terrible to get someone to answer your questions. At times I have waited months for assistance.

Paul
President in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Poor functionality and awful customer service

Kommentare: It’s a clumsy system that decreases the customer experience for us, losing potential customers, awfully hard to find anything, costs for the system is out of control, and the customer service is awful. My team is getting charged for a whole year through the end of 2021 even though we are moving on my December. Not the best way to create raving fans for your product.

We can do most of what we need in it when it works right.

Functionality and seamlessness for our users.

Janine
Membership Director in USA

YM offers great functionality

Kommentare: Overall, I've had very good experience with the software and I especially appreciate YM's efforts to respond to users' requested revisions and improvements such as website editing functionality.

Given that this is my first experience with membership software, I have heavily relied on YM's high quality integrated tutorial videos and indexed knowledge database. When I have a unique problem, I receive very quick and quality responses from support staff via the integrated email system. For more complex questions, YM readily offers support via telephone calls.

I don't have full confidence in the bulk email capability in terms of the recipients' capability to receive. Admittedly, problems may or may not be the fault of the software.