Über Wild Apricot

Software für Mitgliedschafts- und Datenbankmanagement, die alle Tools vereint, die du zur effizienten Führung deines Unternehmens benötigst.

Erfahre mehr über Wild Apricot

Product is full-featured and the least expensive for a small non-profit on a limited budget. Of particular interest were membership management features, including self-service join, renew, and update.

Bewertungen zu Wild Apricot

Wild Apricot hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 541 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Wild Apricot bereits verwendet?

Martin
Martin
Chief Content Officer in USA
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best solution for small to medium sized associations

Kommentare: WildApricot is an excellent solution for managing association memberships and websites. The solution includes basic eCommerce and the ability to build a website with the Wild Apricot CMS - you can also connect easily to other website tools. Members love the easy of managing their own profiles and the other features for member communications.

Easy of use, ability to customize the member database easily and the integrated content management system for a professional website.

The software does not allow you to determine the membership ID within he system. This creates a challenge for any organization that already has a member number schema.

Melissa
Melissa
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Cost Effective Website and Database

Kommentare: Overall Wild Apricot is a great tool for associations and/or others who need to process dues payments, event registrations and keep up with your clients.

Wild Apricot makes it easy to process registrations for events, dues payments and store purchases in addition to being a website. It is very easy to use. There are user groups that you can join to get help from other users. Also, it is very easy to create a manual invoice for things that I might need a product for or a registration. There is also an app for administrators which is super convenient when to try to look up open invoices, etc. when away from the office.

There are several features that should be available that are not. First and foremost there should be the availability within in the software to create a pdf and email it to contacts. The store does not appear to be integrated with the mail database and there are not a lot of reports. When I have orders from my store I have to constantly watch for duplicates. There is also not an email report to run that will search for possible duplicates in the system.

Caryn
Communications Director in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Company cash cow not in tune with the needs of users in 2023

Kommentare: Extremely dissatisfying in every respect, the product, the customer service, th e lack of transparency, the company principals and developers are bunkered in where nobody from the public can have direct access to a human. The price increases in the past several years that there have been no innovations on this platform that the customers have been asking form judging by the forum, since 2014, several [sensitive content hidden] ago. Evidently this platform is something that keeps switching hands as every new [sensitive content hidden] tries to milk this cash cow.

I don't like anything about it compared to other platforms, I inherited it

Complete lack of response to customer needs, the program is inflexible, archaic, no improvements have been made in years and no attention is paid to the user forum where customers have been requesting basic functionality that was available on other platforms in the 1990s. Their support materials - check them out - now all start with an article telling you what the platform CAN'T do. In these, you'll find lists of all the functions that normal platforms a fraction of the cost of this one have been doing routinely since the internet was invented, like, oh...being able to proof the copy of a blog before it goes live, or schedule an event on a calendar to blast out at a specific date and time - a feature that is available on another part of their platform but not in the event module - I could go on for a long time. Customer service is useless, all they do when you finally get them on a chat is send links to articles that describe how customers needing more flexibility can add custom css. Isn't that the developers' job? Or they refer you to their 'partners.' My organization interviewed 4 of their partners. None of them had knowledge of css, or any more access to the staff at Wild Apticot than the general public. Their disregard for the needs of their users is shocking.

Wild Apricot for Non-Profits

The best thing is that it is an all-in-one software. So with the backend management system you have a web-site sitting on top of it. It makes everything super simple for us to only have to use one main software.

Honestly, nothing. It does take a bit of time to figure it all out and their are limitations of it in terms of website design. But from what you pay for it is a solid software.

Use with Multiple Organizations - A True Advocate

Kommentare: Eight years ago I went through a selection process and chose Wild Apricot and then implemented it. A HUGE step up from disparate systems on Excel, a separate website, and email. This year I led the selection and implantation process for a different organization and Wild Apricot came out on top again. Processing a new member went from one hour to minutes. Renewals from 30 minutes to zero. Sending out emails used to be a huge process. Now it's simple.
One thing I've noticed is that Wild Apricot continues to add and improve features. The website builder has gotten easier to use. And adding responsive themes and an easy-to-implement app is a huge plus.

Integrated features for membership management, communications, event management, and website development. Great coaching services during implementation and then support after.

Nothing that would stop me from selecting it again. Some of the newer features like polls can use some development, and formatting is sometimes challenging. But the tradeoff for a fully integrated system is well worth it.

Marilyn
Financial Admin in USA
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Repeat Customer

Kommentare: I have set up numerous associations with this software and still manage the website for 2. It is logical and has all of the necessary features (which are many). I know I can teach it to others and walk away when I am tired of volunteering as Web Master.

Wild Apricot is a full-feature membership management program. It handles every problem I have encountered since I stated using it in 2014. It has steady grown more powerful and they have developed solutions to almost every issue.

It is sometimes easy to skip a step in the financial part of the software, and cause trouble later - such as not settling a payment before voiding an invoice. It works great if you know what you are doing, but you use one of the functions rarely, it is important to review the steps carefully.

Gene
Education Chair in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Best Bang For Your Buck

Kommentare: Wild Apricot allows us to schedule classes, have members enroll in activities, and hosts our web site simply.

It's universality, it works well on every device, giving us instant functionality. I can find members, schedule events and make adjustments instantly, anywhere.

Sometimes I get lost doing certain operations.

Stephanie
Stephanie
System Administrator in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Friendly Website Design and Membership Management System

Kommentare: With Wild Apricot's assistance, we are able to easily add new events and maintain our website current with our ever-evolving needs. In addition to keeping tabs on emails and contacts. All of the personnel and volunteers of the several non-profit trade associations we oversee are constantly busy. Making a living in this industry is exciting and challenging, and there is never a dull moment.

I appreciate not having to ask anyone else to help me run the website or set up events. If you have a basic understanding of computers, you should have no trouble getting about. You can customize your page and report generation in a number of ways.

When I have a question about how to use the site, I wish I could talk to a real person. It would be fantastic if there was a real assistance line.

Bert
Secretary in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Deployment was our biggest fear, but it was a breeze

Kommentare: 80% of the deployment took a single 8 hour day. The rest of the transition took a week. And now we are on to implementing functions we never offered before like on-line payments and on-line event registrations. I was expecting this to take months of running systems in parallel for a club our size.

Having an integrated system with a single member database. If a member email address changes we don't have to update the bulk email system and the member roster -- the member can do it themself.

The fear factor in deploying this kept us from doing it sooner. It is a big package that has so many functions.

Albert
Developer in Kanada
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

This software has lots of features in addition to membership management

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

This software is a one-stop shop for membership management. It also manages your website, event management, payments, subscriptions, members only content, and more!

It has a learning curve for setting up, configuration, and for daily administration of the software.

Kimberly
Treasurer / Website Administrator in USA

Excellent Management System for All My Needs

Kommentare: I began using WA in 2011 for a non-profit managing 90 volunteers and various events and fundraisers. Since then, I have created WA accounts for 3 other non-profits of similar size AND, as of 2017, also created a WA software account to manage my professional association of 1,000 members with great success. I am a huge advocate for Wild Apricot software and how is can effectively manage members/volunteers and manage events/fundraisers/conferences while being a user-friendly, professional platform to market my organizations.

The simplicity yet robust nature of this software is awesome. The user-friendly setups and ease-of-use make it an effective tool to help manage various facets of the organization. Many screens are at-a-glance summary overviews while others provide sufficient detail to meet a variety of needs. Many of my volunteers are elderly and they can navigate the system just as ease as a techny-teenager. The system is user-friendly enough that, if you are in it every day, it is not cumbersome and, if you are an infrequent user, it is quite intuitive.

While I like many things about the software, I only wish there was a way to (1) track volunteer hours within member profiles and (2) have the ability to use more than one payment system (I have a 501c3 and 501c4 organization with different financial needs) so I wish I could manage both within the same software system. So, those are big wish list items that I hope come along in the future but so far those are manageable through other less than ideal means. Otherwise, on a daily basis, there is very little I have issue with within the software.

Membership Secretary in USA
Sport, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Complete, Logical, Reliable, and Quick

Kommentare: Wild Apricot is one of four web-based systems we use, the others being Quickbooks for accounting, Brivo for physical access control of gates and doors, and Online Exam Builder. Each fulfills a specific role, with very little overlap, but without Wild Apricot at the center life would be much more complicated.

With the baseline requirement for membership management completely fulfilled by Wild Apricot, we have found considerable value in the events management features to manage training courses, and the mass emailing features for communications. Of course, solid invoicing and payment processing are also very important. Overall, the user and administrative experience with Wild Apricot is satisfying and very productive. We built or re-engineered our business processes around the capabilities in Wild Apricot, to a significant degree.

It takes quite a while to get what look like simple enhancements made to the search and select features within "saved searches". We don't seem to be getting attention, and the enhancements we've requested have been in the queue for over a year. The result of having to wait is that our saved searches are needlessly complex and hard to maintain.

Heidi
Language instructor in USA
Hochschulbildung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Wild Apricot helped organize our organization!

Kommentare: Our small, non-profit organization of internationally located English teachers needed a "home" for our members to connect. Nobody on the board was particularly tech savvy; nor were we confident enough to build our own website. So we were thrilled to discover Wild Apricot (WA). The tutorials are fabulous, thankfully using simple English and easily understood, and the structure is intuitive to even the most novice user. The Customer Service team quickly replies anytime I have a question. We initiated a small annual membership fee to cover our cost, and WA's automated system tracks our member renewals with ease. We are still able to offer free memberships to our global and student members, and the general membership fees easily cover our annual costs. Our little site hosts all of our organization's history (past conferences, journals, newsletters, etc.), and we're hoping to soon add a Resources tab where our members can share unpublished curriculum ideas for teaching English language learners. I love that we can have a members-only viewing for some things on our site, and open everything else to the public. Our annual conference registration is so much more organized now, and we love the ease of the Paypal system for payments. Of course, there are changes we'd like to see, particular to our organization's needs and goals. Three times I've made suggestions to WA for site improvement, and the follow-up was quick, respectful, and thorough. Suggestions are taken seriously and are useful to the WA team for making site improvements and upgrades. I am happy to write this recommendation and assure you that anyone, absolutely anyone can create a useful and attractive website with the help of Wild Apricot!

Ease of use for general public, ability to create an attractive, efficient website, Paypal link for easy registration for memberships and conference fees, great customer support

Some limitations for the structure of the website

Pat
Treasurer in USA
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Okay for small group management, but not reliable

Kommentare: Frustrating. Disappointing.

Not much. It does have some features built in that are easy to use, like the member forum. It also has some customizable features in the membership rules...if they work. Sadly, you can't rely on them and the support staff is less than supportive.

Where to start. Support is only available via chat or email, and only Monday through Friday from 10:00 - 5:00. Next, the system is full of bugs. Members renew and it doesn't advance their renewal date. Members try to log in and it won't let them establish a password. Members can't log in so they create a whole new account, and there is not duplicate warning, so we just have to stumble on the duplicates. There were several member files that had the wrong renewal date but we couldn't change them manually. The system would give us error messages. The system would also randomly change information that we entered into the fields. The search features are less than reliable and do not show all the information unless you export the file to a spreadsheet. If changing member levels it will automatically revert someone to the current member year. You should be able to set that option or create a rule where if the member price is the same it keeps the already paid for years. We have an extremely high rate of payments that go unprocessed, for various reasons. Recaptcha not working, card declined because the payer used auto-fill on the form, card declined because the website is in Canada, and more. I have spent almost every day in some sort of chat session with the support staff, and you cannot interact with the higher tier support, only the base level. Plus, there have been times where it was a week or more before we received a response.

Trisha
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Moved to a different software

Kommentare: Wild Apricot worked for our organization for quite some time, however the features were not robust enough to grow with our organization.

This software worked for our organization for years when we were not focusing on our online process. Wild Apricot helped us create our first website.

The ability to customize the front-end website needs work. Styling never seemed to save and we felt very limited to the templates Wild Apricot provided. We also wanted to offer monthly memberships, but it was important that the member couldn't cancel before a set amount of time had past (i.e. a year obligation). This is not possible in Wild Apricot. Lastly, the email builder leaves a lot to be desired. Font-faces, font-size and padding would often revert back to the default after saving, causing us to test emails multiple times before sending. We eventually migrated our website to Wordpress, and had to use iFrames for our member application, forums and member directory. Half of the iFrames never worked, and it slowed our website down significantly.

Ron
Developer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Daily user of Wild Apricot and developer for new Wild Apricot websites and setup for organizations.

Kommentare: I have participated in moving 20 organizations over to Wild Apricot and use it daily for administrative purposes. It is an awesome platform and would not recommend another to anyone. Hoping they can keep this excellent service going for a very long time. Also, the support team and responsiveness has always been great!

Easy, quick, and efficient transition over to Wild Apricot from other website types such as WordPress, Weebly, and other member platforms. Excellent for small to mid-size organizations to consolidate all needed features and tracking/reporting in one place.

The only weakness is the choice of new "themes" to help speed up a new website. You can certainly do almost anything you want with the templates... but the ready-made themes make it so much better (and easier). Just need to keep the sample themes up-to-date and competitive with WordPress... so the organizations are happy with the basic choices available when they are deciding to move to Wild Apricot.

Jodi
CEO in USA

Great value and functionality

Ease of use, functionality, and cost are all attractive to our small Associations.

The new email feature is AWFUL. Not being able to add an image within content (you actually have to build out different layouts just to accompany a picture - it's ridiculous) has been a huge area of discontent for our staff that used to use WA for email blasts and newsletters. Believe it or not, it's easier to create in Constant Contact or Mailchimp and send out that way (and it looks better too).

Linda
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Flexible Program Does the Job

Kommentare: Having some way to keep our membership current and use the program for communication and registrations has been wonderful. We have been satisfied with its performance of these functions. We have not explored many of the newer features which have been added since we first started using this program. Some of them probably would be helpful, but we have not had the manpower with time to explore them enough to employ them.

The database for our membership and ability to use it to communicate with those members is most important to our organization. When we were holding in person meetings, the ability to register and pay for events was also important, but since we have not been doing that recently, that part of the program has not been used recently.

We have found that we have not been able to use the renewal feature since renewals start with the local clubs and move up to the state organization instead of moving down to the clubs from the state. This means that we must manually update the database. We have explored trying a different method, but no change has been found that works for our members.

Sim
Communications Coordinator in Kanada
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Great Software for Membership Management

Kommentare: I had reviewed a couple of different options, but opted to use Wild Apricot for our small cultural organization this past summer. So far, we haven't regretted the decision. Previously our site was managed in WordPress but it was designed by a local web hosting company and the old site didn't have any built in membership management and communication features. If we continued to use WordPress we were expected the dish out a lot of service fees to the company to implement additional features to our site. Instead, we moved to Wild Apricot. I was happy with the web design template solutions, and realized with a few minor changes I could achieve the look I wanted for our organization. I am a somewhat savvy computer user but I an in no way a professional web designer or a programmer. I didn't want to dabble too much with completely customizing the themes and style sheets. Wild Apricot's customer service reps were very kind to share with me a few quick tips which allowed me to achieve the perfect look. Membership sign up process has been very easy, and we have just implemented the standard PayPal payment option which appears to be working great. There are only two major limitations with the product for my organization: One is the multi-language support (There is no easy way to create a version of the site in a different language). We opted to list everything in both languages in our links, and repeat content in both languages on the same page. This is actually working OK for us. Second limitation is the inability to create recurring events. One can replicate events easily, by using an existing event... but the simple functionality that's available in Google or Outlook Calendars is lacking. The company does provide frequent updates to the software, though. I was pleasantly surprised to see them incorporate features I hadn't thought of but may come in handy. They allow users to submit items to a public wishlist and seem to listening (at least the easier to implement features are making the update roadmap). Overall, I am happy about the choice. A little bit more flexible pricing may be necessary. I may exceed the 250 members list soon, but my organization will never be getting too big.. If I have to move to the next price range, our Board may feel it's a little too expensive.

Walt
Webmaster in USA
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A Dying Platform - Beware!

Kommentare: WA is a dying platform. Once there was a stream of new features and improvements. Now there is only a stream of price increases. When we adopted WA in 2015, there was a published development roadmap and robust interaction between development team and users. When Personify acquired WA in 2017 that turned around. Development ground to a halt, technical support has been cut back to chat and email during working hours only, and there are significant prices increases every two or three years.

Fairly easy to use. It was relatively easy to move over our existing member data base and website.

Technical support is available only by chat and email, and not nights or weekends. System is inflexible in a number of areas, particularly with event management. Reports are few and not useful. Admin UI clumsy in places. Once we added some event reporting using the API, we were able to make it work for our organization. Polishing in response to user requests would help, but feature development and enhancement are no longer happening.

Rebekah
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Wild Apricot is a great solution for association management and events

Kommentare: Wild Apricot is the platform we use for member management, event registration and payment processing. They meet all of our needs.

Wild Apricot is a great product that meets all of our needs for member and contact management, communications and event registration. They provide excellent support through their online documents, step-by-step tutorials/videos and by phone. The software is simple to manage but looks dynamic to the end user and website traffic.

Every association is unique and would like customized features. Wild Apricot meets the majority of our needs. They consistently release new versions in response to user feedback.

ines
Website Editor in USA
Sport, Selbstständig

Membership Software

Kommentare: Every support request has been taken care off super-quickly. It has been a pleasure to work with the WA team since 2015.

it covers all needs: membership database mgmt, event mgmt, communications. All in one place

a bit constrained when it comes to webpage design, but all the functionality behind (database, calendar, etc), it is OK, it is definitely worse working around it.

Scott
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The WORST Experience - After 4 years of subscription services

Kommentare: Horrible. Awful. After four years, NEVER AGAIN.

What I liked most about the software was signing up for the account. They were very nice back then. Four years later - of making monthly payments - they change their policies now I can't talk to a human and have to wait for HOURS. Yes - this is still in the Pro comment section.

Their customer support is absolutely the worst experience I've ever had with any customer service group. Absolutely rude - and that's IF you can actually spend 2-3 hours waiting to talk to a chat box - not a human that you can talk to. The person on the chat is clearly working multiple customers at a time so you're never getting their attention. NEVER USE THIS SERVICE.

Horace
Biotechnologie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Third Party Support for Wild Apricot

Kommentare: Our organization has been using Wild Apricot for many years and as the times changes we are able to keep up with all the features most other websites are using. The website features and options are great, the membership, event and donation features are wonderful.

Even thought I started the use of Wild Apricot I found a thirty party company Site to be seen that could take my ideas and create a much better website than me. Using Wild Apricot. I could use them to do things in less the half the time it would take me. However, I can still make the minor changes if needed.

The only downside I see with the software is you have to be a pro to use some of the features. I am not a computer expert and I don't have the time to learn.

Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Makes organizing your organization easy

Kommentare: I have used Wild Apricot for two different professional organizations now, both run completely by volunteer nurses. We are not strong in business or computer skills. But creating a website is so easy, and just the automatic membership renewal process makes it worth its price. Pricing is manageable for the smallest of organizations, and the features are so valuable. It is easy to create events, track registrations, collect dues and fees and communicate with your members and that is all in addition to the website that is so easy to build. The support team is excellent. They are always ready to help and want to know what they can do to improve, and improvements happen often. A great product, easy to use.

Easy to use, lots of functions to organize your group, easy to manage registrations, dues and renewals. Very easy to set up a multipage website

Can't schedule emails to go out in advance on a particular date.

Antwort von Personify

Thanks for your feedback Chris!. Some good news for you: we will be releasing an "email scheduling" feature in March 2017, which will allow you to schedule emails to go out on a particular date and time. Stay tuned for updates on this. Thanks again.