Decent ERP software for medium, medium-large companies

Bewertet am 10.10.2018
John W.
Internet, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Hard to get used to in the beginning (I transitioned from QuickBooks), but as you get more and more used Intacct can be very resourceful and more powerful than other, more conventional ERP systems.

Vorteile: All the features, and integration capacity with other software.

Nachteile: Can be clunky and not user-friendly in not a seasoned user. Some add-on features (like FA modules) have a lot to desire in order to be useful.

Hello John,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Great Accounting System, but with some limitations

Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Accounting Manager
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are definitely saving time with Intacct. It is so much smoother and quicker to use. The internet based software is so easy to use compared to a program.

Vorteile: I like how users cannot force things to work like in QuickBooks. If the rec doesn't balance, they have to figure it out. Also, there's more reporting dimensions and a rigid chart of accounts so the users cannot create their own accounts.

Nachteile: The reporting needs a lot of work. There are so many dimensions that exist in this software that you cannot run a report on. There also seems to be a fair amount of glitches and errors.

von Sage Intacct an 30.9.2019

Hello! Thank you for taking timeout to write your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and welcome your insights. Please feel free to reach out to me if you'd like to talk about your experience and areas for improvement in the product.
Regards,
andrew.sevillia@sage.com

Sage Intacct Personal obervation

Bewertet am 12.10.2018
Eric N.
Head Of Information Technology
Versicherung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: On our case, we focus on developing core business side then integrate with Intacct via web-service, and this have been successfully, because all side of reporting, financials, UPR, etc, is managed by Sage Intacct.

Vorteile: 1. Sage Intacct allows access anytime and anywhere (home, office, coffee shop)
2. Sage Intacct has login are very secured with different levels.
3. Sage Intacct provide financial information on detailed level by using dimensions which allows decision makers to relay on realistic information.
4. Sage Intacct is easy to use, it doesn't requires advances financial training.

Nachteile: 1. Extracting volume data in most of time is an issue, especially Journals.

Hello Eric,
Sage Intacct

Its an average accounting system

Bewertet am 12.10.2018
Michael P.
Accountant

Kommentare: My overall experience with Intacct is overall positive. Intacct does save me significant time and effort in my everyday tasks compared with our older software. i do feel it could be improved upon further to make it a better product.

Vorteile: I like the fact that it is browser based through the cloud which makes access quick and easy. The modules that I use the most work very well such as Accounts Payable and Time and Expense. The General Ledger reporting function is very helpful and easy to use as well.

Nachteile: There are a few modules such as Prepaids, Fixed assets and Purchasing that we had purchased after the initial implementation of intacct that did not work very well initially. There were many work arounds and technical problems that created alot of unneeded headaches and work. Fortunately this has been fixed now for the most part and works well. Another issue I have is the support community that I put support tickets in when I need some help. They don't seem to know the product very well and often the solutions and advice I receive is partially right or wrong altogether. There have been instances where I have just figured it the problem myself through reading articles or experimenting with settings etc.

Hello Michael,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that the AP and T&E modules are working well for you. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Get's the job done

Bewertet am 27.3.2019
Accounting Staff
Personalwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I enjoy using the product. It works well and I don't have many complaints besides the fact that it can take some getting used to.

Vorteile: I like that everything is very visually appealing. It's easy to see what you're working with and the accounting aspects work well for our team.

Nachteile: They recently did an update that changed the layout of the system and I feel like it's harder to navigate. It's not as intuitive, making it difficult to find things.

von Sage Intacct an 28.3.2019

Thank you so much for your review! I'm happy to hear that you're benefiting from the visibility. As for the new user interface, we have a couple resources that may be able to help you out in the Help Center - if you shoot me an email, I can point you in the right direction :) Thanks again!

Great Financial System for Nonprofits

Bewertet am 12.4.2019
Kari V.
VP, Member and Field Relations
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: As a program manager, this is a great product for staff to be able to oversee individual program budgets. I use it daily to track how things are being coded against my programs and report on my program financials.

Nachteile: The HR purchase request feature leaves a lot to be desired. It is ok for a basic function but not set up for detailed requests.

von Sage Intacct an 16.4.2019

Hi Kari! Thanks for leaving a review. I'm glad to hear that you're having a positive experience using Sage Intacct and that you're being able to track program budgets. Please don't hesitate to reach out to Sameera at reviews@intacct.com with any questions! Thanks again :)

Great, efficient accounting software

Bewertet am 23.10.2019
Vonn W.
Controller
Automotive, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy to use software and production of monthly financial statements.

Vorteile: Ease of use, easy to modify and look up JEs as needed.

Nachteile: It's great, I can't think of any negatives.

A few tedious things, but very functional

Bewertet am 3.4.2019
Jake W.
Billing Agent
Telekommunikation, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We are able to do everything billing through this software. We can customize our invoices, organize payment plans and basically anything else you could imagine for all things billing/finance/accounting.

Nachteile: The only downfall of this software is that you have to type in the customer ID into different areas to be able to access different aspects of an account. Makes things a little tedious.

von Sage Intacct an 4.4.2019

Thanks for your review, Jake! I'm glad that you're benefiting from Sage Intacct's billing capabilities. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can do to help or if you have any questions :)

Great online cloud accounting.

Bewertet am 15.4.2019
Moira B.
Business Management
Buchhaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Sage Intacct is a web based online accounting software that allows me to access invoices anywhere on any computer. The information that is inputted into Sage Intacct can be organized thoroughly. Reports are easy to create through the report assistant, the assistant also helps out throughout other operations. The assistant as well as some other well thought out tooltips make learning Sage Intacct easy and effortless.

Nachteile: The user setup of Sage Intacct can be a bit of a hassle, but once it is done it is effortless to maintain.

von Sage Intacct an 16.4.2019

Hi Moira! So glad to hear that you're having a positive experience with Sage Intacct and benefiting from the reporting and ease of use! Please don't hesitate to Sameera at reviews@intacct.com if you have any questions :) Thanks again!

Powerhouse Financial Management System

Bewertet am 12.4.2019
Ryan M.
Senior Director Of Marketing

Vorteile: The flexibility in running real-time financial reports is essential to managing budget pacing in a fast-paced marketing environment. I also appreciate the security controls, keeping my access limited to the departments whose budgets I control instead of making me filter down what I truly need to be looking at.

Nachteile: Some of the reporting features are not very intuitive and it took some time and practice before I felt comfortable running several financial reports in the system.

von Sage Intacct an 16.4.2019

Hi Ryan! Thanks for writing a review. I'm glad to hear that you're having a positive experience using Sage Intacct and taking advantage of the security controls. Please don't hesitate to reach out to Sameera at reviews@intacct.com if you have any questions :) Thanks again!

Overall great software for accounting professionals

Bewertet am 15.5.2019
Kat P.
Finance Associate
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: One major problem with some accounting softwares is that the reports needed to perform analysis, checks, etc. are unavailable. Intacct's wide report customization is a great solution to this that has resulted in an overall positive experience with the software.

Vorteile: For those businesses and organizations looking to step up their accounting software from Quickbooks (or something similar), Sage Intacct is a great solution. While not as intuitive and user friendly as the systems designed for non-accounting professionals, Sage Intacct offers a myriad of features and functionality that is an accounting professional’s dream.
One of the best features of Intacct is its reporting system. Users can run any report they could ever dream of that includes GL, AP, AR, Time & Expenses, Order Entry, Purchasing, etc. Reports are not only customizable, but savable too.
Another great feature of Intacct is that the company is constantly releasing updates, which means the system is always evolving and getting better. Overall, Sage Inacct offers massive capability and is great for organizations who have outgrown smaller systems or who need greater customization.

Nachteile: For those accustomed to the hand holding of a software like Quickbooks, Sage Intacct can make you feel a bit alone in the woods. It, for the most part, assumes that whoever is using it is an accounting professional, capable of understanding the inner workings of AP, AR, etc. For this reason, I would not recommend the system to those who are unfamiliar with accounting procedures and systems.

von Sage Intacct an 16.5.2019

Thank you for your review, Kat! I'm glad to hear that you're benefiting from the robust reporting within Sage Intacct. If you have any questions or if we can help with anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to Sameera at reviews@intacct.com

Great and attentive customer service. Very accommodating with our customization and concerns.

Joseph C.
Manager of Accounting
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like the flexibility and ease of the software. It is overall simple to correct errors. I enjoy the import features for invoices and journal entries. Saves a lot of time and is user friendly, even for less experiences computer users.

Nachteile: The restrictions of some features and functions. I feel like the functionality is more designed by computer programmers than by actual day to day users. For example, if you are trying to create a custom report, vendor ID is stored one way when entering invoices, and another way when entering journal entries. Customer service suggested to me that I enter the vendor ID in 2 different fields (I believe Vendor_ID and APBillItem_VendorID) for all invoice imports so that I can use 1 f. This is redundant and frustrating. Also for example, you can set invoices to "warn" you if duplicate invoice numbers when manually entering, but if you are using the import feature, it will just crash. You have to de-select the "warn" option, upload the file, and then turn the "warn" function back on. This is not practical. There should be some type of override function for intentional duplicate invoice #s.

Hello Joseph,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use and flexible. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Best Saas Accounting solution

Bewertet am 20.11.2018
Amanda G.
Finanzdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Sage Intacct is a great company to work with. Their software solution is great and easy to use. If your looking to change from an outdated solution, this should make the transition easier.

Vorteile: The software is great. It is super easy to use and almost impossible to break. It can be used for more than your monthly accounting. We use it to track our valuation process. It is easy to track everything in the software and perform your monthly accounting tasks. You can track t&e, ap, ar, fixed assets, and do your cash management in this solution. There are many other features that make it a best in class solution

Nachteile: The software itself is great. There are certain things we would like to be able to track in the software, like irr, but we also don't expect one software to do anything. There may sometimes be a lag in support getting back to you when you have issues, but nothing that is too extreme

Hello Amanda,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use when you are tracking t&e, ap, ar, fixed assets, and cash management. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!
Sage Intacct

Customer support was great from the start and the program is flexible in regards to creating reports

Bewertet am 8.5.2018
Toni A.
AVP Finance
Finanzdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The software allowed ability to perform accounts payable to issue cheques and to produce financial statements quickly. The 12 month report is very useful to pick up changes to values in account. The budgeting aspect is also useful for variance analysis.

Vorteile: I like the ability to create the financial reports and also the Dashboard reports. The payables area is easy to perform functions and the year-end close is very simple.

Nachteile: This program is mainly written for the US market and is not able to create an EFT file (Canadian) that can be uploaded to the bank and create journal entries simultaneously. That would benefit us to make payments that are not by cheque. The "cash" payment types are good because an e-mail can be sent: however still requires for us to do a separate EFT payment on the bank.

Hello Toni,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that have had a good experience with customer support and have been able to take advantage of Sage Intacct's flexibility. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Sage Intacct product review

Bewertet am 5.10.2018
Finance Manager

Kommentare: Overall the system is easy to use and they are constantly making improvements. They are also taking user feedback into consideration and implementing it into new updates every quarter.

Vorteile: I really like the automatic billing capability, I can now send my invoices in 2 hours instead of 2 days. The level of details in the financial reports is exactly what our company was looking for when we switched to Intacct. The ease of having our expense reporting system and Intacct communicate is super helpful, means less manual work.

Nachteile: I would like to have more features when I record payments and I can't edit certain transactions. I like to drill down on come of the reports and you can't do that so finding out where that information came from is sometimes a challenge.

Hello,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct and that you're saving time on invoicing. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!
Sage Intacct

Flexible, capable, constantly upgrading software.

Bewertet am 17.1.2018
David H.
Senior Accountant

Vorteile: Intacct allows for the creation and utilization of any fields desired for your business eliminating the need for the multitude of work-arounds necessary to create detailed reports in other accounting systems. Intacct also has the most capable custom reporting interface I have utilized to date, saving hours of time formerly spent on the extraction, transformation, and production of standard company reports. Other benefits include, ability to import any type of transaction, ability to bulk export all GL transaction data (a personal favorite), a robust API allowing for integration with internal databases, payroll software, etc.

Nachteile: Initial setup was led by a less experienced implementation specialist which led to difficulties as we began to review and create custom reports accurately. After speaking with a consultant, we determined the issues, corrected them, and have produced real time advanced reports which have provided a level of insight which was unachievable within other accounting software.

I am a true fan of Intacct and love how much customization it allows.

Bewertet am 2.5.2018
Senior Accountant, Intacct Guru
Vermögensverwaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been able to set up recurring transaction to automate similar monthly/quarterly transactions, allowing us to fully operate with less human capital, and less human errors. We've been able to increase our reporting internally with many many many custom reports to suite the needs of various stakeholders. We can see investor summaries across the entire enterprise with the multi-entity structure. We utilize upload templates often to allow us ease of entry - for example, we do monthly uploads of income allocations across every entity in one root level entry done by exporting a custom report, using excel to seamlessly do an index match and hlookup to complete the upload template, then upload! It's simple, fast, and accurate.

Vorteile: I love the Custom Reporting capabilities through dimension use... looking at the GL as a database structure makes the software very versatile and easy to use. The output potential is outstanding!

Nachteile: Cost. It's a great product, but I really wish there was a light version for our company, and for other smaller companies starting up. There is a strong market for a light version. That way the company could grow into the full version.

My organization has been using since October 2016 for AP, AR, Purchasing, and fund management.

Bewertet am 23.3.2018
Louis M.
Systems Admnistrator
Staatsverwaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: By being able to automate our financial activity we have increased the amount of information available to key decision makers for more informed decisions. The amount of time it takes for us to process purchasing transactions has decreased by a dramatic amount of time .

Vorteile: We transitioned from a manual recordkeeping system to this electronic accounting system. This means all of our transactions are available to be reviewed at any time from anywhere. Reports are available instantaneously reflecting the latest transactions. Transactional history to review activity from creation to being posted to the GL is tremendous and helpful. The software offers many more versions of reports than was available with our prior legacy system.

Nachteile: One of the most difficult items with this system is that user restrictions prevent Custom Reports from being accessible to 75% of our users. The report writing tools would benefit from an overhaul to allow merging of multiple data tables and more customization of the report appearance. Also there are so many aspects affected by creating a GL Account that there is a steep learning curve in understanding where to efficiently generate new records.

The experience has been great. Very flexible and customizable software.

Bewertet am 8.5.2018
Jodie M.
Treasurer

Vorteile: The flexibility of the software has to be its greatest strength. Reports, workflows, field names, etc are just a few of the customizable items in Intacct. But Platform Services allows for the development of entire applications within Intacct to support your business processes down to the most granular detail.

Nachteile: The reporting, platform services, and general ledger modules (the modules that our company use the most) don't seem to get very much attention in the past few years in terms of further development in the quarterly update to the software. They are very useful as they currently exist but have some long-standing limitations that don't seem to be on anyone's radar.

Hello Jodie,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that are taking Advantage of Sage Intacct's flexibility. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!
Sage Intacct

I have been sold on Intacct for 7 years could not ask for better.

Bewertet am 5.5.2018
Brandy J.
Controller

Vorteile: The system is User Intuitive, training new hires on the system is a 30 minute walk through, then onto process training. Speeds up everything, have as much or as little control setup. Flex to add custom anything to make the system work for you without damaging upgrade comparability. I truly love Intacct.

Nachteile: The only cons I can think of is little things like not being able to unapply a CM like you can a payment. It would be great to have the ability to create product types and your price book at the same time.

Hello Brandy,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use and that you're being able to save time. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!
Sage Intacct

Intacct is relatively easy to use, simple interface, multi-entity flexibility. Overall good product.

Nora D.
Principal
Buchhaltung

Kommentare: We transitioned from Quickbooks to Intacct because of its abiilty to handle multi-entity and inter-company transactions. This saves us hours of work each month.

Vorteile: The way it handles multi-entity and inter-company transactions. Simple user interface. Easy to navigate and correct entries. Great JE upload feature.

Nachteile: Report writer is a bit too complicated for someone not well versed in report writers. Would be great if it worked more like a pivot table.
My biggest complaint is not being able to transact in the subledger directly to a bank account.

Hello Nora,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use for multi-entity and inter-company transactions. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Bewertet am 2.5.2018
Dimitri P.
Accounting Specialist
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Sage Intacct is a solid base that meets our business needs as a not-for-profit organization.
The software is very responsive and also thoroughly integrated. I also appreciate the constant enhancement and the responsive Contact Sage Intacct Support. This level of support gives confidence in the tools and the product in general.

Vorteile: The software is very responsive and thoroughly integrated. I also appreciate the constant enhancement, the responsive Support team, and the frequent webinars that inform of the new changes and improve the usefulness of the software . This level of support gives confidence in the tools and the product in general.

Nachteile: A greater possibility of integration will make Sage Intacct even more useful and helpful to the user. Additionally, quick glances that summarize the different ways the software can be useful can be helpful to new users.

I love this product. The customer support is not as efficient and responsive as the product.

Velma H.
CFO
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ease of use, accuracy and best of all efficient integration with other systems of my business.

Vorteile: I like the integration of the sub-modules and that we can share data efficiently between the various platforms we use without corrupting data integrity.

Nachteile: The report writer. The system is simply not intuitive unless you use regularly. While some aspects do make reasonable sense once you get back into it, it feels like the system should be more intuitive or perhaps have a working report wizard.

Hello Velma,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you're taking advantage of Sage Intacct's integrations. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!
Sage Intacct

Intacct is very user friendly and you can use it in creative ways

Bewertet am 1.5.2018
Amanda G.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Monthly close process is completed faster with intacct. It allows us to process and approve AP seamlessly, saving us time and money by outsourcing it to Intacct. Can use the software in creative ways, not just as bookkeeping.

Vorteile: Intacct makes my job so much easier. It is easy to use and is very intuitive. The software can be used in creative ways and not just as standard bookkeeping software. It integrates easily with other softwares so you can link everything together. Overall it saves us time and money.

Nachteile: There are very few issues with the software. I have noticed that when I'm have an issue with the software it can take a little bit longer then I would expect for the problem to be resolved. We are busy people and need our programs to be running properly to get our jobs done.

Intacct has revolutionized our accounting processes and is a giving us a gold mine of information.

Bewertet am 1.5.2018
David W.
Vice President of Finance and Accounting
Informationsdienst, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: See my review.

Vorteile: Ease of use. Intuitive interface. Integration with multiple Intacct Marketplace Partners. Consolidation functionality (check the box and hit consolidate and it produces reliable consistent results. Scorecards and dashboards provide a wealth of current information on the health of our business in as real time a setting as we can make it. Future roll outs promise integrated AI functionality that will be a game changer. Scalability that meets the needs of our rapidly changing business is great.

Nachteile: As you can tell, I am a fan of Intacct and don't have too many suggestions for improvement. It makes our life easier, more efficient and productive, and gives us the information we need.