Clarizen: Perpetual Motion Towards Great

Peter K.
Director of Operations
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I started using Clarizen 18 months ago to manage multiple complex projects and to corral a pool of shared resources. Out of the gate, Clarion performed well. But what I am most impressed with is the perpetual evolution towards great. Updates are delivered on a regular basis and deliver meaningful improvements.

Vorteile: At its core, Clarion is a strong project portfolio management tool. The social media element is seamlessly incorporated and has added a valuable dimension to project management. The resource management component is strong and just got stronger with the Summer '15 update. And, most important, Clarizen provides a high-availability SaaS platform. They haven't left me hanging.

Nachteile: I am still waiting for a mechanism to assign multiple managers to a task. Our projects span multiple shifts. I need a mechanism to allow all shift supervisors to adjust tasks and sub-tasks as needed. The pricing model could be improved. The number of customizations are limited in all except the Enterprise package. We use all three customizations in our package and, at times, turn some off so we can turn others on. Surely a better balance can be reached.

Fantastic software!

Bewertet am 20.1.2019
Neyda jose M.
Software Developer
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: It is a phenomenal software because it offers great features to carry out a great management of business projects from the handling of mail, schedules and much more, offers excellent support as they answer any questions or problems personally ie go to the company to solve the inconvenience in the best time possible so not be satisfied with this great tool would be inappropriate because unlike other software works very well and provide a perfect orientation thus allowing to understand the operation of the software quickly that is why it is truly useful because through it we have everything in one place.

Nachteile: It may present some flaws but due to its very effective support it is something for which the use of this great software should not be limited.

A mostly positive experience.

Bewertet am 21.1.2016
Sean F.
Technical Project Manager III
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: We are implementing Clarizen as a project management tool for the entire organization but starting in the Information Technology and Performance Improvement departments. Our goal is to capture all project requests and projects in one place for review, approval, management, and reporting. Clarizen has mostly met our expectations so far. Most of the items that have not met our expectations are minor. We are still early in our implementation so there are still lessons to learn in our journey.

Vorteile: 1. Unlimited email-only users. Resources that infrequently or rarely work on projects can report progress via email without consuming an expensive license.
2. Email and/or API integration with work order systems. Clarizen doesn't charge an expensive license to integrate it with other systems.
3. A modern-looking user interface with an emphasis on social media-like collaboration.
4. Lots of options for charts and graphs for reporting.
5. Can import spreadsheets and MS Project workplans.
6. Lots of training and support webinars every week.
7. Pre-recorded online training via the Clarizen University.

Nachteile: 1. Support seems slow to respond to support requests.
2. There is currently a bug they haven't fixed yet that requires you to keep resetting column widths in reports and dashboards. They don't stick.
3. Their online self-help knowledge base seems new and thin.
4. They don't have a feature I used in other project management software to identify the last (most recent) note, comment, etc. on an item. This can be worked around via user training or some custom workflow programming but it would be nice if they built it in as others have.

Clarizen a great Project Management Tool

Bewertet am 18.8.2015
Brian B.
Web Time Implementation Team Lead
Personalwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: My team has used Clarizen for a little over a year now. I cannot say enough good things on how well it has done for my team and organizing the implementations of our Software. My team from an employee level up to management are able to use Clarizen to run their individual days and teams. We implement time and attendance software for clients and use Clarizen to organize our Projects with our specific timelines that we have. Clarizen makes it easy for employees to know exactly where they are at with all of their clients and allows management to easily track the progress of their teams.

Vorteile: Customization. I cannot say enough on how exceptional the Clarizen technical team is with taking our needs and making them happen in the system. One specific example is I formulated a scoring system for incoming clients that based upon how they were going to use our system would be given a "complexity" score so that I could assign higher level clients to my best employees and lower level clients to my lesser experienced employees. Clarizen took my request that I submitted and within a month had the entire scoring system automated and up and running giving me a fantastic tool to use daily.

Nachteile: Pricing. Clarizen needs to be able to add options on as fixed costs instead of raising the overall monthly rate. My team doesn't use every aspect of the program so when I need more of just one option in the system I shouldn't have to pay for a higher level across the board with more of all their options when I need just one. I am hoping that can change in the future to meet individual client needs.

Intuitive, Flexible, yet Powerful

Bewertet am 5.2.2016
Product Configurator
Automotive, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Clarizen is a great solution, which is proving to be an invaluable tool within our business. Despite having some very strictly defined processes that Clarizen were required to include, all of these were developed efficiently in full collaboration, even ensuring that developments were future proofed to ensure continued use with no requirement to pay out for additional development. The layout and ‘look and feel’ is crisp and clean while virtually everything on the page can be configured to ensure that it best fits the user’s requirements. Before implementing Clarizen it was difficult to get true visibility of how the portfolio of projects sat, where potential conflict of resourcing would occur. With the powerful calendar and resource tools that come as standard in Clarizen it has become easy to see these potential issues earlier, allowing for a more planned response which ultimately benefits our customers and strengthens our brand.

Vorteile: Flexible and easy to use. Social interaction, with in-context discussion panels for all projects and tasks. Easy monitoring of time submissions. Great (and expanding) set of modules (Apps) that can be deployed to further enhance the solution.

Nachteile: Reporting tools are still lacking, but this is actively being addressed with regular updates and improvements released.

Clarizen's deep set of tools

Bewertet am 30.10.2015
Jeffrey D.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: We've used Clarizen for a few years now, and it's made a huge difference. I came in with project management experience, but many of our managers were just winging it. We moved from a simple time-tracking application to Clarizen's full fledged Project Management. That was a bigger step than most were ready for, but it's come into its own. We have visibility to things we didn't have before, and can make data-driven decisions instead of gut-feeling our way along. I've been able to prove that instinct was not the correct choice in many cases. Clarizen won't tell you what to do, but whatever you want to do, you can probably do it with Clarizen. Other packages I've used gave you a methodology with their software, but Clarizen is flexible, nimble, and robust.

Vorteile: -Lots of customization
-SQL-like API calls
-Detailed data
-Does what it says on the tin

Nachteile: -Lack of a canned process for organizations that don't know where to start
-I wish it was cheaper :)

Clarizen - Work and Project Management

Bewertet am 28.12.2011
Rachel S.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: The best project management solution for team work!
Clarizen's cloud based SaaS software is easy to use, without needing any technical support. It is the best choice for Project Managers who run multiple projects and/or have a team of people working from different locations.
Real time visibility means everyone can see exactly what the team is working on, ensuring that time and resources are not wasted.
Managers get a full picture of the project, while team members only see what they need to know. Communication is easy with built in email, chat and notes.
Everyone's tasks are clearly defined and deadlines are visible, via the Dashboard.
A project can be planned, with a time line and milestones, so it is easy to see where you are holding, and which tasks have been assigned to each team member.
In general, Clarizen's project management program can help you become more efficient by ensuring that all team members have the same information, and time and money are not being wasted.

Vorteile: Progress reports and reviews with real time data.
Easy collaboration and communication between team members.
Great online support team and webinars.
Easy to track budget, time and resources from the same home page.

Nachteile: Clarizen's features mean that if you have a small, simple project that only needs a team of 2 or 3, Clarizen is probably too powerful.

All in one place

Bewertet am 5.2.2014
Jeff driscoll
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Clarizen brings all of our previously disparate levers and knobs into one package. Since deploying, they have constantly upgraded and innovated to allow for more capability and smoother operation. The API has proven strong for us, and the customization means we can use it exactly how we like. Mobile and Outlook integration have proven valuable as well. We can present our users with multiple ways to use the technology so that they can pick the method they feel most comfortable with. My remark to our VP: "We're going to put success right out in front of you, where you can grab it." Our support has been excellent. Multiple people from Clarizen have supported us not only through the transition and rollout, but well beyond. When I need support, I get it, fast.

Vorteile: Vast behind-the-scenes tech support just about any environment, from micro to huge. You can use it how you want, you don't have to adopt a philosophy for your processes unless you want to do so. The best software support I get.

Nachteile: Reports and Templates, while great to have, need an interface overhaul and greater capability. Visualization of data could be better.

Clarizen 5.4 review

Bewertet am 25.5.2012
Frederik V.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Clarizen brings peace of mind in a fast paced environment - we create multimedia animations - and makes sure everyone can focus on their key competences. Since we use Clarizen, we feel we have more control over our business, margins, reporting and overall customer success. Using Clarizen and customizing it is straightforward, for project managers using common tools (MS Project), Clarizen is a very easy to understand and use solution. The most important thing that impressed me is the proximity of the Clarizen team. They are quick with to the point answers, very accessible and open to listen to your challenges.

Vorteile: Clarizen gives you all ins and outs of project management and goes way beyond. If you go the extra mile and link it to SalesForce.com, you get so much more customer insight - relevant data is shared amongst your entire company to every department.

Nachteile: Getting more reports out of Clarizen is a bit of a struggle if you want to step beyond the standard offering. It requires some tinckering with an Excel plugin, which does the job - frankly. That is a point of improvement Clarizen is very aware of.

Serious and Specialized System

Bewertet am 26.1.2016
Mohannad A.
Project Management Officer - PMO
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Clarizen is not a generic light tool for simply task scheduling and contact management. It is a serious project management software done by project managers for project managers.

Vorteile: It profoundly covers all aspects of project management, very customisable, with advanced reporting and custom fields.

Nachteile: There is always a room for improvement, Clarizen is relatively a new product that needs to build an ecosystem around it. That includes more integrations with other cloud services, 3rd party products in its marketPlace, and faster customer support.

Clarizen is a great tool for our PMO

Bewertet am 13.8.2015
Sean W.
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Clarizen is a versatile an flexible offering that one will not regret implementing into their organization. I often say to people that ask what the best part of Clarizen is that "Clarizen wraps around your business processes rather than force you to bend them around it". This has got to be the most important consideration in my opinion. There are many great features of Clarizen, the API, interact, social collaboration and much more. I would suggest to anyone looking for a new software tool or replacing an existing to get on the free trial, speak with a Success Manager at Clarizen and really give it a good test drive.

Vorteile: Flexible, API, Interact, Social Collaboration and easy customization.

Nachteile: There are not many and I should point out here that Clarizen is actively enhancing this product and very receptive to their clients issues and recommendations.

Clarizen Does it All

Bewertet am 16.9.2014
Tony laban
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Clarizen is an intuitive, easy to learn and professional cloud based project management application that will improve the effectiveness of any organization. You can use it on your computer, tablet or smartphone and gives you everything you need to create and monitor a project. It also tracks staff timesheets, project budgets, resource allocation, Gantt charts, roll ups project progress reports and integration to Salesforce as well. They have thought of just about everything, their support and training is stellar and their people are always there to help and support their clients. You can't do better than Clarizen!

Vorteile: Feature rich, easy to learn, mutli platform, great UI and reporting.

Nachteile: None

3 stars for a very clunky tool

Bewertet am 19.12.2018
Senior Manager, Global Social Media
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: It's a great tool for project managers who are married to SLA times and making sure employees are not overworked or overloaded with assignments.

Nachteile: It's an incredibly clunky tool for the average user. I really don't like having to toggle back and forth between my task and the larger parent task. I also wish that the chat stream had better functionality and was easier to read.

Hands on Clarizen Project Management tool

Bewertet am 3.5.2011
Miguel D.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: After using clarizen for about 5 months, is has clearly helped us to have a mothe deep follow up in the planning and execution of our projects. It presents a small difference as a desktop tool as MS Project or Merlin for Mac. However it covers most of the needs to monitor a project.

Vorteile: Its road map view is a great way to see the big picture, the intarface is easy and intuitive for a project manager. And as a web tool all changes are inmediately shown to all users.

Nachteile: The philosophy of use is a little different as a desktop tool, and it takes a little time to get use to it. If the internet conectios is aslow is very paintful to work with the tool.

Serious Project Management tool

Bewertet am 27.9.2016
Jim N.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Clarizen offers a range of tools for your project management needs and especially for the value, it proves to be one of the top products on the market.

Vorteile: Works well with Salesforce.com by providing additional helpful information

Nachteile: Requires a lot of training and time to adapt for non-techsavy staff

Project Visibility inside SFDC

Bewertet am 3.2.2012
Jim H.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I have just completed our Clarizen and SFDC integration a few weeks ago. We are very satified with the results! We have 100s of active projects - these dashboards allows our Services Organization to better manage our business. The Clarizen-SFDC integration allows anyone from our Sales, Customer success, or our Support teams to see up to date project data. If you're familiar with Microsoft Project you can easily find your way around this app in minutes. Definitely recommend

Vorteile: I especially like their design of allowing Clarizen Projects to be linked to Opportunities, Accounts, and/or Campaigns.

Nachteile: Pricing a bit high

Great product - Fantastic support!

Bewertet am 12.8.2015
Area Manager, Services - Pacific Region
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Clarizen is a great product with fantastic support. Their webinars are great examples of how to do things right, they have Q&A sessions that anyone can join and get all of your questions answers. Keep up the great work gang.

Vorteile: Great support and webinars, fantastic innovation in the product.

Nachteile: So many features can make it hard to use for a none technical person.

Three way integration with Intacct and Salesforce works great

Bewertet am 27.3.2013
Scott
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: With Clarizen's integration to Salesforce anyone with appropriate access can check the status of a project without having to pick up the phone and call our delivery team - visibility into project status is right there in Salesforce. If you happen to use Intacct Cloud Financials you will be even more pleased as time and expenses can flow from Clarizen to the accounting system. This three way integration has been a huge win for our company

Vorteile: good support.
UI is very intuitive and easy to use
the first iteration of the Salesforce plugin was so-so, the newest version is years ahead

Clarizen Ease of Use

Bewertet am 28.8.2015
Kent H.
Global Services and Support Practice Director
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: We use it to manage time and project data for our services and support businesses. Mostly for time and task tracking but also model our finances.

Vorteile: Flexibility and ease of use especially in terms of mass editing. Easy to deploy and get going.

Nachteile: Financial tracking vs specified monthly targets.

Clarizen Project Management Application

Bewertet am 4.3.2011
Beth P.
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: After reviewing many PM applications, we chose Clarizen based upon its features and cost. Almost two year later, we are still happy with the application and its continual upgrades.

Vorteile: Ease of use for both administrators, clients and individual users
Accessibility of information about new features - i.e. webinars, Clarizen staff, website tutorials
Easy update features to keep everyone involved with the project up-to-date

Nachteile: Wish there was a feature that would accrue paid time off

Success in Practice

Bewertet am 6.11.2015
Pracha C.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I have used this application for around 3 months. WoW is here. I can analyze data I have on Live. The organization I work for have decent projects in the portfolio and we spent too much time talking something that we can actually find directly on Clarizen. Right now, data is here, it saves lots of my time and also my colleagues. I love the People module which allows me to do resource balancing and Dashboard module as well. There are more great things in this App.

Vorteile: - Live, everyone sees the same data set.
- Be able to share reports/dashboards outside the Clarizen

Nachteile: - Sometimes the system shows slow responses when I send requests/comments.

Bewertet am 10.12.2015

Terrific Product with Outstanding Customer Service

Bewertet am 13.12.2013
Ashley hoyt
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I highly recommend Clarizen for my clients. The ability to start running out of the box, or customize the product to your exact specifications provides the ultimate flexibility. The product can evolve with your company, allowing you to maintain one product as your company grows. The customer service is unparalleled. Webinars, forums, and online resource tools prove to be invaluable resources when customizing this product.

Excellent Project Management application

Bewertet am 23.12.2015
Edmundo M.
Gerente de Implementacion y Proyectos
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: A web -based tool that allows so easy and orderly management of all projects within the organization , allowing making management decisions is more accurate

Vorteile: Allows the incorporation of flow charts adapted working processes of the organization

Nachteile: Compared with other similar tools, the implementation cost is a bit high .