Über Avalara

Mit der Avalara Tax Compliance Suite kannst du Steuern berechnen und Steuererklärungen einreichen und erfassen und die Dokumentverwaltungsanforderungen einhalten.

Erfahre mehr über Avalara

The software performs smoothly and appears to offer a large scale of data to ensure multiple complex registrations.

Avarala has cost me thousands of dollars for their mistakes ans they will not own up to them.

Bewertungen zu Avalara

3,9
3,6
4,0
3,7

Avalara hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,1 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 299 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Avalara bereits verwendet?

Charity
Charity
AP Accountant in USA
Großhandel, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Time saver extraodinaire!

Kommentare: This product has been a great tool for our company. The ease of use and the accuracy has saved us so much time. The flow between our POS and their system has been mostly effortless (there will always be issues with software). The best part is that we don't have to keep track of all the changing tax rates in all the different cities and states that we do business in, plus them filing all of the tax returns takes a huge time burden off of our shoulders.

-Ease of use -Compatibility with our POS System -Support and communication of issues -Accuracy of collecting and remitting of taxes

They have recently "updated" their user site and so it takes a few more steps to get to where I am going, and it is a little confusing at first.

Antwort von Avalara

Charity, thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara. We work hard to deliver our customers a reliable and easy-to-use solution, and we're grateful to have the opportunity to serve you.

Jeff
Verlagswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Avalara saves my staff time!

Kommentare: Our experience with Avalara has been a good one. Though no-one really likes dealing with Sales tax, this software has allowed us to manage it without having to add any staff - and that is a HUGE plus in my book. We have had some issues, but once we addressed them with the support staff - they were eventually corrected. Avalara also had a connection to the software we are currently using - Sage 300.

The amount of time my staff is saved by using Avalara to calculate and maintain Sales tax is enormous. This software accurately calculates tax and we also use it to file the taxes. The software has worked very well for us.

There were a few bumps in the road when we started, but we worked through them. Some of that required that we stay on top of the issue - because the support staff was overloaded due to the enormous increase of customers that Avalara had. But now that things are moving along, IF we do run into an issue, their support people are always available to help out.

Antwort von Avalara

Hi Jeff, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience getting started with Avalara. We're committed to offering a reliable and easy-to-use solution, so we're happy to hear your connection issues have been resolved and the software is now working well for your team. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team with ways we can make your experience even better.

Bella
CEO in USA
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Absolute fraud of a service, costed us thousands in tax penalties

1,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I can't even begin to explain how upset I am with Avalara and the position they put my company in. The program I was enrolled in called Returns for Small Business apparently shut down sometime in November, and our business was never notified. I was completely locked out of my account without any notice. I could not see any data on past returns filled and what was due. I attempted to reach out to multiple people to figure out what had happened and got no clarity. After going through all my account to make sure everything was in order, I discovered that all my returns for the last three quarters of 2023 had been filed with a $0 sales tax liability. The had deducted ALL of my sales as non-taxable. Not only did I have to go back and amend over 50 tax returns, I owed thousands in penalties and late fees. I am disputing all my Avalara invoices during that time as I was paying for a complete fraud of a service. I will also be reporting this as paid tax preparer fraud.

Nothing, they are way better options out there.

Horrible customer service, and I would not trust them to file returns for you.

letzten Monat

Bella, thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We anticipated the discontinuation of RSB to be a big transition for users, and so our team worked hard to properly communicate and offer alternatives to our customers. We'd like the opportunity to look into your account so that we can help resolve any issues that arose with this change. Please reach out to us at customercare@avalara.com.

Angela
Owner & Illustrator in USA
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Avalara Makes Taxes Less Taxing

Kommentare: Ever since the U.S. Supreme Court decision in South Dakota v. Wayfair, I had to deal with more tax scrutiny. I am a tiny shop, but knowing that Avalara and their Avatax program is calculating my sales tax, I feel reassured about filing on time and correctly. When my sales grow they also have an option to sign up with multiple states and file my returns for me at a reduced cost.

I use Avalara's Avatax program to determine sales tax on my Woocommerce shop. The tax calculation is seamless and accurate. The synchronization works in the background, and I am confident that my customers are always charged the correct amount, even with the confusing sales tax rules of New York and California.

The software and/platform takes a little getting used to. If you are not familiar with tax codes, you might have to do a little digging, but support is always available. Setting up the return calendars can also be a little confusing. It can be expensive to have them file for you in many states if you have a nexus there. All tax calculation programs are costly, but it is much better than me doing it all on my own.

Antwort von Avalara

Angela, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience using Avalara AvaTax with WooCommerce. We're happy to hear your feedback, and look forward to continuing to support you.

Katie
Procurement Analyst in USA
Chemikalien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

needs some work

Kommentare: We use Avalara currently, even though it is not perfect.

I like that it calculates the tax for our customers on our web store automatically. It integrates with our WooCommerce site.

The accuracy of the tax rates is questionable to the point of us having to double check rates on state websites to verify that the correct tax rate is being charged. We were also unable to successfully integrate Avalara with QuickBooks.

Antwort von Avalara

Katie, thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara. We work hard to deliver our customers the best service possible, and we're grateful for the opportunity to work with you. Regarding your feedback about tax rates, we'd appreciate an opportunity to learn more about what's going well and improvements you'd like to see. If you're open to continuing the conversation, please contact customercare@avalara.com so we can share your insights with our team.

Jennifer
Tax Manager in USA
Restaurants, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great Customer Support & Variety of Services Offered

Kommentare: Always a pleasant experience and great customer support!

The software is easy to use and the customer support is excellent.

Reports showing usage were not super clear, but I think it was a technical glitch.

Antwort von Avalara

Jennifer, thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara. We work hard to deliver our customers the best service possible, and we're grateful for the opportunity to work with you. Regarding your feedback about reporting, we'd appreciate an opportunity to learn more about what's going well and improvements you'd like to see. If you're open to continuing the conversation, please contact customercare@avalara.com so we can share your insights with our product team.

Carolyn
President in USA
Kunst & Handwerk, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A company that looks good, but doesn't produce results.

Kommentare: From the very beginning, it was frustrating. They give you hours of classes that are supposed to help you set it up. But it didn't apply to my website. After several weeks, I finally got someone to look at it and set it up. It was nothing like the videos. It never did work properly. I ended up paying the taxes instead of the customer and it charged too much in taxes, I'm surprised my customers didn't complain. It was way overpriced compared to another tax program I am using on another website that worked perfectly from the beginning. Avalara should not have sold this product to me since the connecter to Restrict Content Pro did not work properly. They blamed RCP, but they shouldn't have sold it because it didn't work.

From the outside, they look very professional. They are eager to get sales, but everything was a hassle after signing up.

Too expensive. Too hard to get help. My connector never worked even after 9 months of trying back and forth with Restrict Content Pro and Avalara. No one seemed to know how to fix the problem, but I kept paying a very high price and getting bad results.

vor 4 Monaten

Carolyn, thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara, though it's not at all the type we aim to deliver. We apologize for the frustration you experienced with getting your products set up and getting timely responses from our team. We understand you've decided to cancel, but would like to learn more details about your experience so that we may look into the issue. If you're open to sharing more, please contact us at customercare@avalara.com.

Bonnie
Tax Accountant in USA
Kunststoffe, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Tax Accountant

Avalara reporting tools such as Credit Carry forward balance and liability worksheet. The reports are very detailed and would help in an audit situation.

I don't have any issues with the software It's the customer service that is lacking.

letztes Jahr

Bonnie, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We work hard to deliver a reliable product, and so we're happy to read your team has benefited from our services.

Alexandra
Senior Accountant in USA
Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Product Review

Kommentare: We had accuracy issues with our last sales tax provider and since implementing AvaTax, we have decreased our risk of charging the incorrect tax rates to our customers located across the US.

Once the initial setup is completed and tested, Avalara takes the guesswork out of sales tax. It is more accurate and cost effective than our previous third party sales tax provider. Also, the product is so easy to use and to navigate.

The implementation (like with all other software) hit snags that were unexpected, and took our IT team some extra time to link our billing system with AvaTax.

Antwort von Avalara

Alexandra, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with Avalara. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to serve you. If there are additional comments you'd like to share, particularly around areas where you see need for improvement, please contact customercare@avalara.com.

patrick
Sales Operations Manager in USA
Textilien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great software, but expensive and the support you don't receive from Avalara

Kommentare: Service has been horrible with Avalara.

Ease of use, reporting aspects are great!

When you inactivate a customer, the links or pending ones will still go out to customers. It should cancel out the links if inactivated.

vor 5 Monaten

Patrick, thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara. We work hard to deliver a reliable product, and we're grateful for the opportunity to work with you. We'd appreciate an opportunity to learn more about what's going well and improvements you'd like to see. If you're open to continuing the conversation, please contact customercare@avalara.com so we can share your insights with our team.

Shannon
Advanced QB ProAdvisor in USA
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great product...poor performance in QBO

Kommentare: Support has been mediocre. The current issue is on it's 4th month with no anticipated resolution timeframe. In the meantime my client is paying me to manually enter these and reconcile Avalara to ensure that the system reports the proper totals as well as to educate their support team. I feel bad that they are paying a lot of money for a product that is not functional...to my knowledge, all of my requests to get them a credit for their inconvenience and the product issues have been ignored. As the title states, a great product "in theory", but it needs to work! Sales Tax is nothing to screw around with.

Avalara has a great concept if it works as designed. Auto-calculates sales tax based on address, ensures updated tax rates, filing assistance for multiple states...it really is a business owners friend...in theory.

Unfortunately, Avalara does not work well with QBO. There seem to be many bugs experienced with QBO. We have used Avalara with QBO for over 1yr and seem to be their guinea pig to alert them of issues. Currently, Avalara's connection is preventing us from saving and updating invoices in QBO and is not posting tax to the Avatax console for approx. 50% of our $2mil/mo client. We have to manually enter each invoice into Avatax to ensure that the proper taxes are paid. Unfortunately, if we need to update a class, memo, email address or any other aspect of the invoice (not related to ST) we cannot update those 50% of transactions. After support reviewed the issues multiple times, they tried to blame the issue on QBO. But when we disconnect the QBO from Avalara and try to do the same transaction - it works...so Intuit has confirmed the issue is isolated to

Antwort von Avalara

Shannon, we're sorry to read you've experienced challenges using AvaTax with QBO. We understand it's been frustrating, and we'd like to address your concerns. If you're open to a conversation, we'd like to learn more about your specific experience and how we can improve. Please contact our VP of Customer Excellence Bobby Sands at customercare@avalara.com.

Großhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Horrible Software with even worse Customer Service

Kommentare: Awful, support staff has very clearly never used the software, some have never seen it. Software does not provide the basic functionality that is advertised. Our account manager is incredibly rude and ignores emails. So phenomenally frustrating. The few helpful people I have worked with that actually understands how the software is supposed to work have made it clear that the issue we are experiencing are back-end programming problems that need to be resolved by their back-end support team. Despite following up multiple times I have yet to receive any resolution. After putting in countess hours and way too much in subscription costs into getting this software setup I can honestly say it is more time and cost effective to manually calculate tax on each order than it is to use Avalara.

After over a year of use, nothing. there is nothing redeemable about this software.

On an entirely basic level, the software does not function. It is advertised as integrating with QuickBooks Desktop but I have yet to see it function properly for an entire day. It has created such a phenomenal mess of our QuickBooks file and is completely unreliable to calculate taxes correctly to the point that each transaction has to be manually checked to ensure tax filings are correct. I have been told by numerous support staff that this is not normal but after spending literal hours working to try and rectify the issues, have come to realize that the software does not function as advertised and likely never has. Absolutely atrocious that this was ever advertised to work with QuickBooks Desktop. DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE.

Antwort von Avalara

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience, though it's not the type we aim to deliver. We're sorry to read you've experienced challenges with the QuickBooks integration. We understand it's been frustrating and we'd like to help. Please contact us at customercare@avalara.com so we can work to address the issue.

Ronnie
Senior Staff Accountant-Tax in USA
Einzelhandel, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Avalara - the cons outweigh the pros

Kommentare: This is a horrible company if you value customer service and resolution of issues in a timely manner.

Hard to find any pros. The reporting is good when it works.

Doesn't calculate tax based on the correct jurisdiction - tax will change between sales orders and invoices even though addresses did not change. The reconciliation report that is ran out of NetSuite stopped working after the latest update, absolutely no help in getting that resolved which means I can't reconcile back to our GL. When Avalara was contacted, they asked us for a "video" of what was going on. THE REPORT WILL NOT EXPORT TO A CVS.....why would they need a video???? Submitted a tax notice and after 2 weeks, contacted the Director of Customer Experience to find out why and was told "Avalara’s response time for notices is 4-6 weeks, and resolution time is 6-8 weeks per this article I found in Avalara Help Center." Seriously? According to their own website, the professional support service which we pay for is supposed to have an 8 hour response time.

Antwort von Avalara

Ronnie, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience, though the frustrations you've described are not what we want. We strive to offer the best service possible and apologize for the challenges you've experienced. Please contact customercare@avalara.com if you're open to a conversation.

Operations Coordinator/Order Processor in USA
Bekleidung & Mode, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Horrible Customer Service

Kommentare: Very aggravating. Don't expect to be treated like your problems are important, even if you're a multi-million dollar company paying way too much for this software. As someone who frequent reads product reviews for our business I take customer service complaints with a grain of salt. Usually someone has one bad experience and uses that to represent the entire company. I'm writing at the end of a pattern of neglect and hold music. Literally the best part about this whole experience is the hold music reminds me of a video game I played when I was 14 years old. You hate to see it.

Not much. The integrations are a huge pain to set up. It's what I would call a necessary evil for our company in lieu of ever increasing sales tax complexity.

The customer support. We're multiple months into having the same type of order's tax miscalculated and I'm still fighting to get any help on it, meaning hundreds of orders are being charged incorrect sales tax. On top of not getting replies to my emails every time I call the robot voice says I'm 20th or 30th in line, guaranteeing a minimum 30 minute on hold session. In a day and age where SAAS companies are starting to see the importance of quality customer service it feels like Avalara is either behind the ball or just doesn't care. Obviously writing this while on hold, because what else am I going to do?

Antwort von Avalara

John, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience using Avalara, though it's not the type we aim to deliver. The frustrations you've described are not what we want. If you're open to a conversation, we'd like to address your concerns. Please contact VP of Customer Excellence Bobby Sands at customercare@avalara.com.

Rachel
Finance Manager in USA
Baumaterial, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall the software works well. If there is a special project and questions or anything out of the ordinary the project will likely have problems, good luck getting a response and assistance with questions. They also tend to only want to respond through e-mail and they don't answer all questions. It is an uneasy feeling to not get responses on critical projects.

The tax cal rates are reliable and the dashboard is easy to use.

Avalara managers are slow to respond to questions and assistance. They do not provide phone numbers to anyone except the account manager. If there are issues with the account manager no one will provide their supervisors phone numbers so basically one will be at the mercy of their account mangers response. On special projects for back filing projects they have taken over a month to answer questions. When sending in notices for Avalara to address for tax return prep they are slow to respond to notices.

Antwort von Avalara

Rachel, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience using Avalara. We strive to offer the best service possible and the frustrations you've described are not what we want. If you're open to a conversation, we'd like to learn more about your specific experience and how we can improve. Please contact customercare@avalara.com.

Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A great resource for sales tax calculations

Kommentare: Overall, I am very satisfied with Avalara. It has connectors to the software and eCommerce sites that I need, and with those, setup is quite painless.

The software works great. Once you have it set up, it runs in the background and involves almost no review. I know we are always charging the correct tax rate and with the tax return processing, I know my returns are being submitted correctly and on time. With exposure in most US states, staying up to date on all tax changes and filing individual returns would require a small team to keep accurate. With Avalara, we set up the states and localities we are in and the software takes care of the rest.

When questions do come up, customer service could do a better job. I have also had our individual customer rep changed on us multiple times in the last year, which is frustrating. I have also experienced billing issues around the time of renewal each year, which can take up to 4 or 5 months to get resolved.

Druck, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Run away!

Kommentare: A total nightmare. If I had a time machine, I would go back to the day before I signed up with Avalara and push myself off a cliff. I would be much better off.

Once everything is set up, the service performs its basic (and very important) task: it files accurate, timely sales tax reports. If you love having lots of zoom meetings, you'll love Avalara. Nothing gets done without several video calls.

If you ever encounter a problem (and we encountered MANY), do not count on anyone taking responsibility for the issues, or being able to fix them. Avalara's employees are hopelessly "siloed" ... sales does their thing and passes you off to implementation, who then leaves you in the hands of an account rep. In our case, none of these people did their job correctly, and they do not work together well. The sales team sold us a solution that wasn't feasible. The implementation specialist wreaked havoc in our account, and we haven't yet found out what the account rep is good for. Thankfully, there is a team of skilled, hard-working people overseas who do the actual filing. If you can break through the domestic veneer and reach the people who actually develop and run the solution, you'll find efficiency and accuracy that hasn't trickled back up to the customer-facing incompetents you'll deal with on a daily basis.

letztes Jahr

Thank you for taking the time to write and bring your experience to our attention. The frustrations you've described are not what we want. If you're open to a conversation, we'd like to learn more about your specific experience and how we can improve. Please contact us at customercare@avalara.com.

Marissa
Supermärkte, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Love/Hate Avalara

What I like most about Avalara is they file our sales tax returns. (That is the worst part about business)

The Avalara team is terrible about following up with customers. Also, the account manager (CAM) changes very frequently without letting the customer know.

vor 11 Monaten

Hi Marissa, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We aim to provide the best service possible, and we'd like to learn more about your experience so we can improve. If you're willing to share more, please contact us at customercare@avalara.com.

Kyle
Großhandel, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Customer Service Issues

Kommentare: I would not recommend this product to anyone going forward. I regret that I have already suggested it to a couple of people. I think it would be a great software once it's installed and operational, but my experience with their customer service has been so bad that I don't think I would want to continue to try and work with them.

The software seems to be very easy to use. It also serves a huge and really complex need.

My experience has been awful. I had to request a new sales person in the beginning because I couldn't get him to send me a quote. I had to send two different emails to get an integration engineer to schedule and appointment to meet with me. On the day of the meeting, I schedule some other people to be present for implementation. The engineer ended up missing the meeting completely so we integrated ourselves. The next day we had loads of issues charging sales tax to customers who were exempt. I had a phone call and was supposed to receive an email with documents on how to fix our issues (the engineer didn't know much about fishbowl). He never sent the documents and no one would answer my calls or emails. This carried over into the next day when I finally called fishbowl and had them uninstall the plugin. This has been one of the worst customer service experiences I have been involved with.

Antwort von Avalara

Kyle, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience; it's not the type we aim to deliver. We apologize that the implementation process has been a challenge and we'd like to help. Please contact us at customercare@avalara.com so we can work to address your frustrations.

Lisa
Assistant Controller in USA
Unterhaltungselektronik, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

User Friendly

Kommentare: Have cut down the time considerable in processing returns using Avalaa.

Easy to use. The Avalara website is very helpful with sales tax questions.

Account manager is not always knowledgeable and will give incorrect info.

Antwort von Avalara

Lisa, thank you for sharing about your experience with Avalara, we're happy to hear it's been positive. We are committed to offering a reliable and easy-to-use solution, and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Automotive, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for eCommerce, but error messaging sometimes unclear

We love how AvaTax automatically calculates and reports on sales tax - there don't seem to be any competitors that can do it as well as Avalara does. The Magento extension works perfectly and we run into issues only occasionally.

When we do run into issues, it's either because the data coming in to AvaTax is garbage data (not really their fault), or because of random matchback issues related to tax product codes and address verification. For the latter, the errors are really not verbose enough to solve the problem. Manual reposting of transactions isn't very intuitive when you have to fix errors/mistakes on an order without literally logging into AvaTax and creating new records.

Carlyle
Großhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Technical Difficulties

I like the ease of use - the drop downs and categories are perfect.

When I have technical issues with specific transactions customer support isn't always knowledgeable enough to help. When I have specific tax calc questions support will never respond with an answer - as you are "not" tax advisors and sometimes the question is not that limited.

Antwort von Avalara

Carlyle, thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara. We work hard to deliver our customers a reliable and easy-to-use solution, and we are grateful for the opportunity to serve you. If you have additional feedback to share, especially around areas where you see opportunity for improvement, please contact customercare@avalara.com.

Ann
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Use with Extreme Caution

Kommentare: I started a free trial with Avalara and didn't have any issues with their software--I just decided to go with a different service. I couldn't find how to cancel my account in my settings so I messaged their customer support and asked if I needed to cancel or if I could let the time run out on the free subscription. The agent I spoke with stated "Yes, you can let the time run out since it is your free subscription." Their chat feature emails you with a summary of the chat so I have this conversation recorded and timestamped. A few weeks later I received an emailed invoice for a full year's subscription. I emailed accountsreceivable back explaining the situation and sent a screenshot of the email confirmation for my chat about cancelling. I got an email back advising that I should follow their link to confirm the cancellation of my account and that the bill was still due. The link they provided required that I acknowledge I would accept all payments due before I could cancel. I feel like Avalara isn't accepting responsibility for misinformation they gave and I'm being corralled into paying for a service that I made a good faith effort to cancel. It's been 7 weeks since they "opened an internal case with the support team" and would message me once they received an update. I've checked in with them since then and they didn't have an update. Because their support team is such a degree of inconsistent and negligent, I strongly recommend using a different service.

Automation features and variety of platforms that can be synced with Avalara make it appealing.

The software itself seems well constructed but it wasn't quite what I needed for my business. I contacted customer support before my free trial ended because I couldn't find where to cancel my account and they advised that because it was a free trial, I could let the free trial expire. Once it expired I was still charged for a full year's subscription.

Antwort von Avalara

Hi Ann, thanks for taking the time the detail your experience with Avalara. We strive to offer the best service possible for our customers and we are sorry to read about the frustrations you've described with our support team. We also understand how unexpected costs would be upsetting, and we'd like the opportunity to find a solution that works for you. Please email us at customercare@avalara.com so we can look into your case and learn more.

Kimberly
Credit Manager in USA
Metallabbau, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Avalara Cert Capture

Kommentare: The Avalara system has been very beneficial in the tracking and uploading of tax certs for all of our customers. It has also proved to be a very efficient way of pulling certs during audit reviews.

Uploading tax certs and searching for tax certs within the system is very simple

This isn't really a con. Currently we have not used the reporting function or the request for information function. It isn't as simple and takes a lot more time from what we have been told. The instructions we received were very detailed and seemed a bit complicated. I will be able to better score this once we have a chance to actually work with it.

Managing Director in Australien
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Be very, very careful - a world of disspointment awaits

Kommentare: A horrendous and very disappointing experience that unfortunately still has not been resolved. Could not recommend. Their customer support primary response is “refer to T&Cs” – even if you have a question about said T&Cs When we tried to cancel we were astounded to learn you need to pay your entire 12m subscription fees for "VAT Reporting for small Business" fees despite (after 82 days) still not being registered for VAT and not being able to utilise their service.
We have since learned these fees can be waived if cancelled in 60 days of contract but guess what? Fortunately for Avalara, registration and/or cancellation appears to be coordinated to take longer than 60 days so they appear to be incentivised to delay registration process and also the cancellation process so you are committed to the 12 month contract term. Account managers are no help and reply with "refer T&C'
What does this men in costs for us? It means paying the “Managed Registration – UK 349 €” fee (for which we have no issue paying this as they began the process). What we do have an issue with is paying the 4 instalments of “VAT Reporting for small Business 285 €” (or 1,140 € in total) despite being unable to use their service as still waiting for registration. All of this is still ongoing (despite notifying Avalara of Cancelation on Dec 8th) From a customer perspective it is hard to tell if it’s just incompetence on the part of Avalara, or well orchestrated scam. Do we feel “ripped off””? Absolutely.

There is nothing positive to say. An atrocious customer experience.

Can’t list them all, but mains ones are: - Appear to be Incentivised to delay VAT registration - Appear to be incentivised to delay cancellation of agreement - Atrocious customer service – Account Managers default reply is “Refer T&C’s” - Overall incompetance seems to be the theme

Antwort von Avalara

Hi David, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We strive to offer the best service possible for our customers and the billing frustrations you've described are not what we want. We apologize if pricing expectations were not clearly expressed and we understand how unexpected costs would be upsetting. We'd like to learn more about your experience to avoid any recurrences. Please contact us at customercare@avalara.com so we can work to address the issue.