Über Avalara

Mit der Avalara Tax Compliance Suite kannst du Steuern berechnen und Steuererklärungen einreichen und erfassen und die Dokumentverwaltungsanforderungen einhalten.

Erfahre mehr über Avalara

Everything is automated and has been spot on. It is easy to do a sales tax refund as well.

The integration was a bit difficult considering the model of our business.

Bewertungen zu Avalara

3,9
3,6
4,0
3,7

Avalara hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,1 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 310 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Avalara bereits verwendet?

Charity
Charity
AP Accountant in USA
Großhandel, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Time saver extraodinaire!

Kommentare: This product has been a great tool for our company. The ease of use and the accuracy has saved us so much time. The flow between our POS and their system has been mostly effortless (there will always be issues with software). The best part is that we don't have to keep track of all the changing tax rates in all the different cities and states that we do business in, plus them filing all of the tax returns takes a huge time burden off of our shoulders.

-Ease of use -Compatibility with our POS System -Support and communication of issues -Accuracy of collecting and remitting of taxes

They have recently "updated" their user site and so it takes a few more steps to get to where I am going, and it is a little confusing at first.

Antwort von Avalara

Charity, thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara. We work hard to deliver our customers a reliable and easy-to-use solution, and we're grateful to have the opportunity to serve you.

Jeff
Verlagswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Avalara saves my staff time!

Kommentare: Our experience with Avalara has been a good one. Though no-one really likes dealing with Sales tax, this software has allowed us to manage it without having to add any staff - and that is a HUGE plus in my book. We have had some issues, but once we addressed them with the support staff - they were eventually corrected. Avalara also had a connection to the software we are currently using - Sage 300.

The amount of time my staff is saved by using Avalara to calculate and maintain Sales tax is enormous. This software accurately calculates tax and we also use it to file the taxes. The software has worked very well for us.

There were a few bumps in the road when we started, but we worked through them. Some of that required that we stay on top of the issue - because the support staff was overloaded due to the enormous increase of customers that Avalara had. But now that things are moving along, IF we do run into an issue, their support people are always available to help out.

Antwort von Avalara

Hi Jeff, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience getting started with Avalara. We're committed to offering a reliable and easy-to-use solution, so we're happy to hear your connection issues have been resolved and the software is now working well for your team. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team with ways we can make your experience even better.

Frida
CEO in Kanada
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good product but expensive, not trustworthy & not for international stores

4,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I contacted Avalara well before launching my store; we were just commencing the development. I communicated this to the sales representative and all he focused on was about how this was ideal because I had no footprint and I would be properly set up from the beginning. However, at no point did it tell me clearly what were the things I needed to have in order before implementing Avalara, nor did he say at any point there was no reason to make the purchase until after the launch of the store since I had no sales and therefore no threshold would be surpassed. For this reason I went about 8 months without using the platform until we were getting closer to the launch at which point I realized there was no support for implementation outside of a manual, that by the way, is outdated, no videos to explain to new entrepreneurs not only how to navigate the waters is compliance but how to properly use their system. Then there were compatibility issues between avalara and our system, though they say they are compatible with WooCommerce, if your platform is using any other plugins or apps it will cause issues, such as long delays in the check out process. I communicated this to the tech team and they acknowledged that they knew of some issues (so we aren’t the only ones), but they never even replied about remotely addressing this issue. In addition, I was sold on an idea that Avalara was the best system for international stores. This is disingenuous, since it won’t calculate and send you automatic warning when you’re going to cross any NEXUS outside of the US. This wasn’t clearly explained on the sales meeting and it should have since we are a Canadian Corporation and it wasn’t going to serve even our own jurisdiction.
In addition, it is not set up to configure locations of warehouses, so it calculates taxes according only to the location of the corporation, sending a warning to all clients outside of that country that they may have to pay duty charges upon receiving the goods. We were extremely careful of ensuring the most easy shopping experience for our clients, therefore we are working with warehouses in other countries like Mexico, to bring down shipping costs and take care of all duty charges so our clients don’t have to. But though we already paid the duties, Avalara was still posting a warning in our system during the check out process and though we explained our situation, they did nothing to accommodate this.
We had technical issues with syncing our products with Avalara, and this was already at the point when we were finally ready to launch our store. It took Avalara 2.5 months to provide a solution, which caused a delay in our launch and they were not even communicating during the process, no timeline was provided, not even an email to ask us to be patient. Nothing.
It is super expensive too, and though I never ended up actually using it (we did not launch our store with it) and due to all this frustrating issues met with indifference, we decided to cancel our contract and ask for a report nbirsement for the software that was never used, ensuring I mentioned that as a business owner, I was willing to negotiate a fair market value for the time spent with their engineer in the one meeting we had with him to explain our issues and the one meeting with the implementation specialist at the beginning, who sent us the manual to read, and took us through a general walkthrough of their platform, as well as all the HS codes we had received vs the ones we actually paid for. But they were unwavering due to their 60 day policy, which I sure went well o er since I purchased the service way before we were ready for launch, and all though I explained everything I stated above. Overall the worse experience in my life and I truly try to avoid saying any negative reviews unless I’ve exhausted every opportunity to make things right and the negative reviews are truly deserved. And I try to honour the good things they do have, which is what seems like a good product for more generic local companies within the US.

Seems like a good product (bit only truly good for the US), lots of services under one roof

1. Sales representative only concerned with making the sale and did not offer trustworthy advice in my circumstances. 2. We needed more help in the implementation process. We would have been open to paying for an hour or two, or whatever was necessary with some one that would actually takes us through the process to do it right from the get go. We are not experts, and it would have been more effective than sending us to read stuff. Even step by step videos would have been better. 3. Disingenuous information; I made specific comments about how I needed a system that was international. I also communicated that my corporation was in Canada. It wasn’t until a year later that I realized that automatic NEXUS calculations are only available for the US in Avatax, and that I would have to manually keep track of all other countries. This should have really been explained by the sales rep, and explain the significance of this, especially as a Canadian corporation. 4. System compatibility. Avalara was making our system extremely slow. We communicated this to the tech team and it was never addressed. At no point in time were we asked what elements were we using as part of our platform to see potential compatibility issues. 5. Uncompromising client care; only cares about Avalara’s interests and does not care about clients.

vor 2 Wochen

Hi Frida, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us so we can learn and improve. We apologize for the frustration you've experienced and we've shared your feedback with our products team.

Catherine
Quelle: GetApp

The most terrible customer service ever

1,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Please, please do not use this service if you can avoid it. I am a Shopify Plus member and am held hostage by Avalara because Shopify doesn't offer any other choices. If you can avoid them, you must. They are horrendous.

The salesman made Avalara seem like it would be SO easy to use & implement. They were really friendly and aggressive to tell me how wonderful Avalara was. It was all trickery. Once they got me to sign their contract, the support offered was absolutely terrible. I really can't believe that this company is still in business.

They charged me to register in 10 states. 5 of those states they then came back and told me they could not complete the registration and that I would have to do it. They never refunded me for what I paid for this. I asked at least 10 times and then had to file a VISA dispute. They change my rep. all the time and are very disorganized overall. During the first month I had to go into each of the 10 states and file my own $0 return. No one from Avalara even noticed. Thankfully I had been logging into each state myself to check on things when I saw their level of incompetence. Once there, I saw that I had returns due in a few days. Avalara didn't even know. Shame on them. I paid them a lot to help me.

letzten Monat

Hi Catherine, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us; though it's not the type we aim to deliver. We'd like to learn more and help find a solution. Please reach out to us at customercare@avalara.com so we can assist.

Eva
IT in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Brutal customer service, no transparency on billing

Kommentare: We use Avatax integrated with our ecommerce provider. It does what's advertised on the tin, but don't expect clear and transparent pricing.

Tax calculates correctly, unless the API is down of course.

It is impossible to receive an answer from the support team regarding billing. For a month now I've been trying to understand the 4x price increase we received after almost 10 years. There was no explanation on the renewal notice. Submitted a support case online, no response for a week. Called, spoke to a person, 48 hours later my case was closed with information unrelated to my case. They also called me by another name.

vor 3 Monaten

Hi Eva, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We apologize if pricing expectations were not clearly expressed and we understand how unexpected costs would be upsetting. We strive to offer the best service possible for our customers and the billing frustrations you’ve described are not what we want. Please reach out to us at customercare@avalara.com so we can assist.

Angela
Owner & Illustrator in USA
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Avalara Makes Taxes Less Taxing

Kommentare: Ever since the U.S. Supreme Court decision in South Dakota v. Wayfair, I had to deal with more tax scrutiny. I am a tiny shop, but knowing that Avalara and their Avatax program is calculating my sales tax, I feel reassured about filing on time and correctly. When my sales grow they also have an option to sign up with multiple states and file my returns for me at a reduced cost.

I use Avalara's Avatax program to determine sales tax on my Woocommerce shop. The tax calculation is seamless and accurate. The synchronization works in the background, and I am confident that my customers are always charged the correct amount, even with the confusing sales tax rules of New York and California.

The software and/platform takes a little getting used to. If you are not familiar with tax codes, you might have to do a little digging, but support is always available. Setting up the return calendars can also be a little confusing. It can be expensive to have them file for you in many states if you have a nexus there. All tax calculation programs are costly, but it is much better than me doing it all on my own.

Antwort von Avalara

Angela, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience using Avalara AvaTax with WooCommerce. We're happy to hear your feedback, and look forward to continuing to support you.

Katie
Procurement Analyst in USA
Chemikalien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

needs some work

Kommentare: We use Avalara currently, even though it is not perfect.

I like that it calculates the tax for our customers on our web store automatically. It integrates with our WooCommerce site.

The accuracy of the tax rates is questionable to the point of us having to double check rates on state websites to verify that the correct tax rate is being charged. We were also unable to successfully integrate Avalara with QuickBooks.

Antwort von Avalara

Katie, thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara. We work hard to deliver our customers the best service possible, and we're grateful for the opportunity to work with you. Regarding your feedback about tax rates, we'd appreciate an opportunity to learn more about what's going well and improvements you'd like to see. If you're open to continuing the conversation, please contact customercare@avalara.com so we can share your insights with our team.

patrick
Sales Operations Manager in USA
Textilien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great software, but expensive and the support you don't receive from Avalara

Kommentare: Service has been horrible with Avalara.

Ease of use, reporting aspects are great!

When you inactivate a customer, the links or pending ones will still go out to customers. It should cancel out the links if inactivated.

vor 9 Monaten

Patrick, thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara. We work hard to deliver a reliable product, and we're grateful for the opportunity to work with you. We'd appreciate an opportunity to learn more about what's going well and improvements you'd like to see. If you're open to continuing the conversation, please contact customercare@avalara.com so we can share your insights with our team.

Lisa
Billing Administrator in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy Auto Tax Calculatations that does the work for you!

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: We've recently integrated Avalara to a secondary software without any glitches. It provides all tax updates accurately and with ease.

I like that Avalara keeps up with the tax rates and automatically updates customers without having to do it manually.

I have no complaints. It does the job we need and does it well.

vor 2 Wochen

Thanks for sharing your experience, Lisa! We are glad to read our products are working well for your business.

Kathleen
Tax and Accounting Analyst in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Review

The reports and it is very user friendly

The responses to ticket tend to be oversimplified

vor 9 Monaten

Kathleen, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. Thanks for being a customer!

Connor
Druck, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Service is Nonexistent - Broken Software

Kommentare: Since they charged me over $7,000 dollars for a product that never worked - zero benefits. I would never recommend this company. Avalara has had a history of terrible customer service but from recent reviews, that had seemed to change. It hasn't. If you encounter issues, be prepared to suffer through basic IT troubleshooting multiple times before your issue isn't resolved.

Avalara could never get the connector to work to use the software. But the online interface seemed like it would have been useful had Avalara gotten their software to work with QuickBooks.

The implementation process was miserable. From day one, I received a nondescript error that was simply a large red question mark in a dialogue box from the QuickBooks Connector. The application would also attempt to open a hundred windows while using QuickBooks. Three separate engineers walked me through the exact same troubleshooting - uninstall, reinstall, change permissions, restart computer, etc. All concluded "huh, that's weird!" It took nearly five months of effort to get that response continuously and escalated to development. Then the whole team fell silent about the issue. So I cancelled the implementation. Then, Avalara decides to bill me almost $5,000 for tax returns filing and support services when they couldn't even get their own products and services to work. It is even against their terms of service but the billing department doesn't care. It is extremely unscrupulous to even bill for services that were never rendered and could never have been rendered.

Antwort von Avalara

Connor, thank you for sharing your experience using Avalara. We're committed to offering our customers a reliable and easy-to-use solution, and we're sorry if we missed the mark in your case. We'd like to learn more about your specific experience with QuickBooks and how we can improve. Please contact us at customercare@avalara.com if you're open to a conversation.

Shannon
Advanced QB ProAdvisor in USA
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great product...poor performance in QBO

Kommentare: Support has been mediocre. The current issue is on it's 4th month with no anticipated resolution timeframe. In the meantime my client is paying me to manually enter these and reconcile Avalara to ensure that the system reports the proper totals as well as to educate their support team. I feel bad that they are paying a lot of money for a product that is not functional...to my knowledge, all of my requests to get them a credit for their inconvenience and the product issues have been ignored. As the title states, a great product "in theory", but it needs to work! Sales Tax is nothing to screw around with.

Avalara has a great concept if it works as designed. Auto-calculates sales tax based on address, ensures updated tax rates, filing assistance for multiple states...it really is a business owners friend...in theory.

Unfortunately, Avalara does not work well with QBO. There seem to be many bugs experienced with QBO. We have used Avalara with QBO for over 1yr and seem to be their guinea pig to alert them of issues. Currently, Avalara's connection is preventing us from saving and updating invoices in QBO and is not posting tax to the Avatax console for approx. 50% of our $2mil/mo client. We have to manually enter each invoice into Avatax to ensure that the proper taxes are paid. Unfortunately, if we need to update a class, memo, email address or any other aspect of the invoice (not related to ST) we cannot update those 50% of transactions. After support reviewed the issues multiple times, they tried to blame the issue on QBO. But when we disconnect the QBO from Avalara and try to do the same transaction - it works...so Intuit has confirmed the issue is isolated to

Antwort von Avalara

Shannon, we're sorry to read you've experienced challenges using AvaTax with QBO. We understand it's been frustrating, and we'd like to address your concerns. If you're open to a conversation, we'd like to learn more about your specific experience and how we can improve. Please contact our VP of Customer Excellence Bobby Sands at customercare@avalara.com.

Cassandra
IT Applications Manager in USA
Bekleidung & Mode, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best Solution and Partner we have

Kommentare: Avalara is such a great company overall to work with. Specifically since we started using Avalara for our tax processing, we've had some setbacks in getting our invoicing in the ERP system we use to process at a rate that was sustainable. The Avalara tax calculation software add-on in our ERP system was what was causing the slowness, and thanks to Avalara's constant engagement and support, within 6 months of kicking off a new development project with their software partners for this add-on, we completed development, testing, and went live with a rapid invoice generation tool. Just one example of how great their support of customers is.

Avalara is invested in the success of their customers. Every time there is an issue with the software (which is incredibly rare) they let us know something is wrong before we even report odd behavior. When we have technical issues that can't be resolved through standard support, they quickly engage and facilitate developers to get things fixed as fast as possible. Even if there are billing problems, we get stellar support in resolving them. Though we have had such a great experience working with Avalara, even when there are these various types of expected issues along the way, they are always there 110% to make our experience enjoyable. We couldn't ask for a better partner.

Due to the ERP solution we use, there are times when the Avalara add-on functionality is a bit cumbersome. Avalara is aware of this and does what they can to accommodate the needs of their customers despite software setbacks caused by our other solutions. It is a notable con, but not even really their fault.

Antwort von Avalara

Cassandra, thank you for sharing about your experience with Avalara, we're happy to hear it's been positive. We are committed to offering a reliable and easy-to-use solution, and we look forward to continuing to serve you.

Shannon
Advanced QB Proadvisor in USA

Too many bugs for QBO

Kommentare: ST filing on the client's behalf....if it captures the correct data.

The concept of Avalara is good...calculate sales tax based on ship to address, file returns for various states. Avalara is the ST experts so internal knowledge does not have to be CPA level.

Every time you save, email, update sales rep or make any change to an invoice in QBO, you get charged for using the program (even if it's not impacting the $ amt or ST), items were all being charged tax regardless of how the item is setup (resolved in Mar18), Customer support is very useless until you can get to tier2 or engineers when you have a REAL problem, program bug resolution is very slow (still waiting on resolution to invoices that Avalara decided to update tax on invoice after the ST was filed and "should have been" locked, and countless others. The accounting partner team is the only group that has been helpful in getting anything resolved or fixed. Unfortunately, they cannot resolve back end issues. I've given them many chances to resolve my clients' issue. Avalara charges for estimates that are generated in QBO (no option to not be charged). Then if you use another 3rd party program that feeds invoices to QBO, your invoices have the Avatax verbiage from the estimate on them. If your invoice is not "resaved" in Avalara then the tax portion will properly be billed to the client but will not show up in Avatax console unless you re-save the documents. As an Advanced QB ProAdvisor who works with multiple companies and 3rd party programs, I would recommend to use caution if using a 3rd party program with QBO and Avalara.

Großhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Consider alternatives

CertCapture is probably the best part of their solution, which is the management of exemption certificates.

Looking back at what I paid for and what I received (and didn't) and the stress that I endured through the process, I definitely would have looked elsewhere. Implementation was confusing and difficult, and their support was non-existent most times. Employee turnover seemed to be common during my implementation, which led to frustration. Lots of different programs (Avatax, certcapture, business registrations, tax filings) that are not well connected and very confusing, and this is super important and caused me many, many hours of unnecessary time. During implementation I had 3-4 different employees that were trying to as quickly as possible on-board me. Need a meeting with someone, good luck, there's no phone number for anyone. Even my ERP implementation consultant who had an 'in' with Avalara had a difficult time receiving support. From my experience, it was difficult to find anyone in the organization that was engaged and supportive in insuring the success of my business start up from a taxation standpoint. My account manager that was supposed to be my advocate, rarely responded to messages and was the least helpful of anyone. Have a tax question, or anything that could be construed as a tax question, they won't answer it. I paid for professional plus support, which as I later determined was for after implementation support, however despite an 8hr stated response time to questions, my experienced showed that I received a response well past the stated response time.

Antwort von Avalara

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience; it's not the type we aim to deliver. We apologize that the implementation process has been a challenge and we'd like to help. Please contact us at customercare@avalara.com so we can look into your account and help find a solution.

Linda
CFO in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best of the best

Kommentare: Between collecting sales tax from our customers and now calculating Consumer Use Tax, my personal experience with Avalara has been exceptional. I enjoyed the folks I worked with in the ACU area specifically. They were awesome to help me understand how the program works and be able to comfortably run it on a monthly basis.

The ease of use and the versatility of the different programs they have that are available. It's like a one stop shop.

Getting some items cleared up through support are slow, but I try to keep in mind that since the Pandemic started, EVERYONE is short handed.

Antwort von Avalara

Hi Linda, thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Avalara. We work hard to deliver our customers peace of mind, and we're grateful for the opportunity to work with you.

Bella
CEO in USA
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Absolute fraud of a service, costed us thousands in tax penalties

Kommentare: I can't even begin to explain how upset I am with Avalara and the position they put my company in. The program I was enrolled in called Returns for Small Business apparently shut down sometime in November, and our business was never notified. I was completely locked out of my account without any notice. I could not see any data on past returns filled and what was due. I attempted to reach out to multiple people to figure out what had happened and got no clarity. After going through all my account to make sure everything was in order, I discovered that all my returns for the last three quarters of 2023 had been filed with a $0 sales tax liability. The had deducted ALL of my sales as non-taxable. Not only did I have to go back and amend over 50 tax returns, I owed thousands in penalties and late fees. I am disputing all my Avalara invoices during that time as I was paying for a complete fraud of a service. I will also be reporting this as paid tax preparer fraud.

Nothing, they are way better options out there.

Horrible customer service, and I would not trust them to file returns for you.

vor 5 Monaten

Bella, thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We anticipated the discontinuation of RSB to be a big transition for users, and so our team worked hard to properly communicate and offer alternatives to our customers. We'd like the opportunity to look into your account so that we can help resolve any issues that arose with this change. Please reach out to us at customercare@avalara.com.

Darlene
Druck, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Sales tax

Kommentare: Avalara calculated the sales tax for all of the jurisdictions in Colorado where we sold our on-line products.
It made it very simple to do the sales tax returns in those jurisdictions.

It was very easy to install it with our e-commerce platform and it worked well. The reports were easy to run and use to file the necessary returns with the original version that we started with in 2018.

When they upgraded to the latest version of AVAtax, it became less user friendly to get reports that were needed. It took special training to find the reports needed and they were more cumbersome to use for filing taxes.

Antwort von Avalara

Darlene, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with Avalara AvaTax. We're happy to hear your feedback, and we look forward to continuing to serve you. We appreciate your note about reports in AvaTax Update and will pass that on to our product team. From what you wrote, it sounds like you received training to access what you needed, however please reach out to support or your account manager should you need any further assistance.

Todd
Managing Partner in Spanien
Bekleidung & Mode, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Product Works Well, But Pricing Is Not Comensurate with Value

Avalara works. It integrates with my e-commerce system and provides customers with accurate, real-time sales tax rates. It allows me to file my sales tax returns easily.

My net pricing to use the software is increasing at an exponential rate. Over my last three renewals, Avalara has passed through annual net price increases of of 38%, 42%, and 110%. Currently, my annual usage fee to Avalara is greater than my annual sales tax liability! This doesn't work for me any longer. Additionally, my account rep changes at least once a year and the current one is not as responsive as I would like.

Antwort von Avalara

Todd, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We strive to offer the best service possible for our customers and we understand how unexpected costs would be upsetting. We'd like to learn more about your specific experience, please contact customercare@avalara.com if you're open to a conversation.

Amy
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Not sure what I paid for...

Kommentare: Honestly, I would not be in business if I operated this way.

I think this package has great potential, but onboarding meetings were "no shows", we have had this package for a year and are still not implemented. When I asked for a refund of the final month...keep in mind...we paid for 12, the politely said no. Just disappointed that they did not have the capacity to onboard us in an efficient manner and then to not offer any concessions for their inability to have people available to help with onboarding.

Very poor onboarding. WE attempted to schedule with several different specialists who would not show up for appts. When they did they were productive, but just dissapointing.

Antwort von Avalara

Hi Amy, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience; it's not the type we aim to deliver. We apologize that getting set up and running has been a challenge and we'd like to help. Please contact us at customercare@avalara.com so we can work to address your frustrations.

Elizabeth
Accounting in USA
Chemikalien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Expensive, consider all options

The ease of entering, return submission, and access of the final return.

That EVERYTHING is a cost and nothing is all encompassing. From the customer service to the number of transactions/returns you have, each on eis a cost and it's not cheap

letztes Jahr

Hi Elizabeth, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to know our solution is working well, though we apologize if pricing expectations were not clearly expressed. We'd like to learn more about your experience to avoid any recurrences. Please contact customercare@avalara.com if you're open to conversation.

Rebecca
Sr. Accountant in USA
Einzelhandel, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great Sales Tax Software

Kommentare: Great! We don't plan on switching softwares.

Avalara is an effective sales tax 3P system. We have had no business operations interruptions while using Avalara. It runs seamlessly in the background.

As states update their website, the business must update their logins to accommodate Avalara. This can be inconvenient - not Avalara's fault - but they don't always give proper instructions on how to set-up state accounts.

Antwort von Avalara

Rebecca, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our products. We work hard to deliver an easy-to-use solution, and we are glad we are able to serve your team.

Markian
Director of Finance in USA
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Overall the software works as expected and provides great value for us as an organization.

Kommentare: It drastically reduces the amount of time required to calculate sales tax, remit tax returns, and reconcile.

I like the reliability of the software, the lack of problems that arise, and the degree of simplification it brings to what could be a difficult process.

I feel that some of the integrations with third parties could be improved, namely QuickBooks, as the ability to run batches of invoices has never worked for me despite numerous attempts to fix this with customer support. I also believe that the customer service has been drastically reduced over the last year based on some recent experiences. This is a shame because Avalara had some of the best customer support I have ever encountered, previously.

Julie
Tax Coordinator in USA
Konsumgüter, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

User of Certcapture -IDSC Holdings Snap-on Industrial

Kommentare: I really like the tax information provided through the blog, and twitter feed. Managing tax documents has gotten a lot easier since I first started doing this 10 years ago.

I can customize for my needs Searching is easy Campaigns make collecting expiring certificates easy

I would like to be able to add email contact for our sales field when we send email or letter to customer in a campaign. Would like to be able to bulk upload certs Drop and drag would be cool for adding certs We have two sub companies set up. I would like to merge them so i have visibility for customers who are under both companies, and only have to upload a certificate once instead of under both companies.

Linda
Director of Planning & Administration in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Simplifies the Sales Tax Process

Kommentare: We never could have managed 20k+ customer certificates manually! The modal for self-uploading benefits our customers, improves their experience and improves our internal company users as well.

The software is easy to use and the integration with CertCapture makes it easy to administer our sales tax program with over 20k exempt customers currently.

It is sometimes difficult to troubleshoot why the software does not act as expected. No helpful hints.

Antwort von Avalara

Linda, thank you for sharing about your experience with Avalara AvaTax and CertCapture, we're happy to hear it's been positive. We are committed to offering a reliable and easy-to-use solution, and we look forward to continuing to serve you.