Über Harvest

Online-Zeiterfassungssoftware ideal für alle, die eine flexible Möglichkeit suchen, Zeit zu verfolgen, ihr Geschäft zu analysieren oder Rechnungen an Kunden zu senden.

Erfahre mehr über Harvest

Harvest implements with JIRA nicely and improves results. Invoice is extremely intuitive and they can be customized as you please.

It is extremely hard as a user (not admin) to see and get a summary of this time without having to manually add it all up.

Bewertungen zu Harvest

Harvest hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 579 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Harvest bereits verwendet?

Mat

Brock
Vice President of Marketing in USA
Einzelhandel, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The Easiest Time Tracking Tool I Have Ever Used

Kommentare: Great. The software does exactly what it needs to, we have ZERO problems with it, it is affordably priced... what's not to like?

Harvest is just really really really easy to use. Setting it up is fast and painless, administering jobs is easy, filling out timesheets is easy. Our team had a hard time tracking time prior to Harvest, and once we started using this software it became (almost) painless overnight.

It isn't really a "con" but Harvest is built to serve agencies who have multiple clients and bill them for work performed. We are an internal department within a company, so we had to work around some of the structural elements built into Harvest, but it was no problem. We easily adopted the platform to meet our needs.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: monday.com

Warum Harvest gewählt wurde: Team Gantt's interface was clunky, administering it was not intuitive and we had low acceptance / low compliance with our creative teams. Harvest is much simpler to use and now we have virtually no pushback from the teams about timesheet compliance.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Harvest: We chose Harvest over Monday.com because Harvest was much simpler. We preferred that over a bigger more complex tool.

Glen
Glen
Director in Australien
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Industy-leading Time Tracking and Invoicing

Kommentare: Harvest has benefitted our business since inception. I tested all the tools, and this is the one we use and recommend to everyone we know with a SMB.

Harvest has the best time-tracking in the industry, their Mac app is perfect for capturing time throughout the day (and even has a built-in notification if it thinks you've left it running and will auto-adjust accordingly if you let it). It also has deep integrations with other Project Management tools that mean you can easily track time wherever you are. And then you have estimates and invoicing - which again, seamlessly integrate with the time tracking functionality to make your life easy.

It'd be great if they had an estimate to project function that could auto-setup a job when an estimate is approved. Currently this is the only manual feature. Retainer reports are also a little confusing as they don't obviously isolate actual payments from retainer balance updates.

Marc
CEO in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Time Keeper

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

This works great and is super intuitive.

If only there was a mobile app. I am struggling with one or two features and wish there could be more than one admin.

Computer-Software, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

I don't admin Harvest. I only enter time into Harvest. I don't like Harvest.

Kommentare: I personally get no benefits from this software. I'm not a fan.

So overall I'm not a fan. That said, documenting expenses is the best I've ever seen in Harvest. It's really well done and simple. Nice and clean, get your photos, get your monies and go. Big fan. That is where my love affair ends with this app. From an administrative point, maybe there are incredible advantages over other offerings. The world may have never experienced such a revolutionary piece of software and I, in turn, am a simpleton; stuck in a world of misunderstanding.

If you write a app which tracks hourly time and tries to put it into buckets for easy expensing, the time-tracking app should be simple for the multitude of non-admin users. Simply put, it's cumbersome and annoying.... and I say that because someone is going to take stronger language less seriously. Forget the fact that you have to enter in time _Daily_. When I say daily, I don't mean that you click on the day, you do the thing and save. I mean that it shows you one day per page at a time. No calendar to quickly go through a week, no monthly review where you can quickly fill in gaps. One page == one day. You can bring stuff over from the last-entered day, but the hours aren't filled in... just the buckets. This leads to an incredibly slow, painful, and frankly uninteresting experience. For a bunch of users who want to do their job instead of fiddling around with tracking how long they've done their job, asking them to use Harvest is basically asking them to make none of their time billable unless threatened with homelessness. It's incredibly painful to use. To be sure, I'm not a fan of time-tracking apps anyway. I akin them to asking your employees to lie to you and giving them a form in which to do it... but Harvest makes the fun of lying to your employer the low-light of your day. It's not fair.

Melanie
Manager of Digital Marketing in Kanada
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Ease of Use is second to none!

Kommentare: We've had an excellent time implementing and training staff with Harvest. It's exporting to our Quickbooks is excellent, and I'd recommend it to any small business as the cost is totally worth it.

We were able to implement Harvest within an hour and train all staff within another hour. The ease of use is excellent, and reoccurring invoicing has been super helpful.

We've had a few issues with numbered invoices going from 100 to 400 (example) and support wasn't the easiest to work with.

Shannon
Shannon
Director of SEO in Spanien

Truly Simple and Intuitive to Use Effectively

Kommentare: From day one it was intuitive and easy to use. It's a time tracking tool, so it really doesn't need to be complicated. The creators have managed to perfectly combine functionality and a straightforward interface with enough features to also make it versatile for various types of businesses and projects.

This software is part of my everyday use, and it just works 100% of the time. When you are managing various clients and tasks, the interface makes it dead simple to task-switch and start logging hours in a different or for a different client. And when it's time to assess how many hours are left to spend on a client, the analytics reporting is easy to understand and offers several great ways to manipulate the data.

There are features I don't use—mainly the expenses feature—so I cannot speak to how that works. Everything else, however, just works.

Jennifer
Jennifer
Human Resources Generalist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

It simplifies time tracking and is easy to use

Kommentare: It eliminates the complexity and difficulty of keeping track of time and is very easy to use. We can see how much time is being spent on which projects and for which clients.

Harvest is a convenient tool for keeping tabs on time and money spent on various projects and clients. We use it to monitor expenditures in real time and to plan for future initiatives by analyzing past work and resources.

There have been no problems where I have been unable to complete a task. There aren't any serious issues, however, the platform might need some further functionality since it's so basic.

Randi
Randi
Virtual Assistant/CEO in USA
Vorstandsbüro, Selbstständig

I've been using Harvest since 2015!

Kommentare: It does a great job of tracking time and it so simple to use. I use the reports aspect weekly to send time reports to my clients to keep them informed on time spent. My time reports are done quickly thanks to their detailed reporting.

I love how easy Harvest is to use and set up for your business. It's simple to create projects as they have enough detail. It's simple to switch tasks while time tracking.

I did not like the limit on profiles for the free version. I guess I see the why but if you have an established business, you can't just try it out with a full client list.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Clockify

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Harvest: I preferred the UI with Harvest over Clockify

Bart
Bart
Founder / CEO in Belgien
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Invoicing made easy

Kommentare: We started using Harvest years ago with my previous company and it was our go-to solution with our new company. No questions asked. It just works and that is why I would recommend it to everyone looking for a simple solution.

It just works. Creating an offer, turning it into an invoice, setting everything up... it just works easy. In contrast with many software you can use for invoicing, Harvest doesn't try to do it all, it just keeps things simple. Probably too simple at times, but I never ran into any issues as we have straightforward product & services lines to add to our invoices.

The fact that the time tracking is included and cannot be ignored as easily as the optional planning tool (that they sell separately) was a small frustration at first. Afterwards, I just tended to directly surf to the Invoices overview and avoid the timetracking part all together. For some it is probably thé selling feature as time tracking looks very easy, but our company doens't keep track of detailed time tracking so we never used that part thoroughly.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Teamleader

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Harvest: We tested teamleader, but it was too featureful. Interesting as it could have been, we didn't want to switch our complete workflow to match that of Teamleader so we continued looking for a tool that was good at invoicing. Period. Harvest was that tool.

Bishal
Bishal
Backend Developer in Nepal
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Easy and efficient time tracking tool

The initial setup and training were very easy and fast. Its simple UI for creating projects and setting and tracking it was the best part of this software.

There was a slight issue in the reporting section. It didn't provide all the sorting options I needed.

Randall
owner in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, Selbstständig

Great for time and billing; hard to integrate with accounting

Kommentare: Ease of timekeeping and billing has improved. Integration with the rest of my accounting system has become harder.

I started using it because I did not find the timekeeping functions of Quickbooks easy enough to use. On that point, Harvest is much better--it is excellent at keeping track of time. In addition, Harvest makes it quite easy to bill clients for time and to follow up with repeated billings if needed.

I'll mention two things. First, the method of dealing with retainers needs some serious work to be useful for lawyers. If I have an outstanding invoice and a client sends me a retainer, I cannot have payment toward the invoice taken out of the retainer without a fairly convoluted process. Second, it is hard to integrate with Quickbooks. I need Quickbooks (or I suppose, something similar) to keep track of all my financial records. But when I am using Harvest for timekeeping and billing, I wind up making many of the entries twice.

Jenny
Lead Developer in USA
Internet, Selbstständig

Perfect Product for a Sole Propietor

Kommentare: I've been using Harvest for nearly 10 years now. I love that it's feature-rich without being overcomplicated. I couldn't be happier.

Harvest is affordable, but so feature rich and easy to use. I can track my time (I actually integrate with Timeular for this, but tracking directly in Harvest is easy, too.) keep track of project budgets, invoice and get paid via Strip integration, then reconcile everything when it's time to do account and taxes.

Occasionally I have trouble navigating to the information I want. Updating an invoice without updating timesheets should be easier.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: TOGGLE, Basecamp und Quickbooks Online

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Harvest: The price was right and it had the primary features I needed - easy to track time by project and ability to send invoices.

Bill
Informationsdienst, Selbstständig

Time and expense tracking and billing

Kommentare: I used Harvest stand-alone when I started my business. A few years ago I took my accounting online with Xero so I explored many of the time-tracking apps that integrate with it. After less than a year, and countless other apps, I returned to Harvest because I've found nothing easier. I create invoice drafts in Harvest and copy them to Xero for final billing. It's simple, fast, goes deeper if you need it, and is reasonably priced.

Harvest fits my business model. I'm a consultant who also does installs, repairs, and remote support. It's simple to set up Harvest with your client list, hourly rates, products and services. Once set up, tracking time and expenses is even simpler! They have a web interface and a mobile app. The mobile app duplicates most of the web features and is very handy when on-site - a couple taps selects the client and starts the clock. Creating invoices is a matter of running an Uninvoiced report, clicking the customer you want to invoice, and editing the items, descriptions, prices and tax rates. Then save the invoice and either email it directly to the recipient or save as PDF to print or attach later. Harvest can connect to Trello, Quickbooks, Xero, Stripe, PayPal, and about 80 other online applications, and has a programming API if you are so inclined. It only took me an evening to write a script to insert all my Harvest-tracked time into my CRM app's notes.

Everything is tracked as a project. To enter time, you first have to create a project to track it. Even if you are doing a one-off visit, you cannot track that hour or two until you have created a new project for that customer. It would be helpful to be able to log billable time directly to a customer.

Marek
CEO in Polen
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Harvest Review

Kommentare: My experience with Harvest software has been positive. The software provided robust time tracking and invoicing capabilities, which greatly aided in project management and billing processes. The intuitive interface made it easy to track time and generate accurate invoices, ensuring transparency and accountability. The seamless integration with other popular productivity tools enhanced the overall efficiency of our workflow. Although there were limitations in the reporting capabilities of lower-tier plans and occasional performance issues with the mobile app, the overall value and usability of Harvest software were commendable. It played a significant role in streamlining our time management and billing processes, contributing to improved productivity and client satisfaction.

One of the things I liked most about Harvest software was its comprehensive time tracking and invoicing features. The software provided a user-friendly interface that made it easy to log hours and track time spent on different projects. The ability to assign specific tasks and set project budgets helped in managing and allocating resources efficiently. The invoicing functionality was also impressive, allowing me to generate professional-looking invoices based on the tracked time and expenses. The integration with popular payment gateways made it convenient for clients to make payments online, streamlining the billing process.

One thing I liked least was the limited reporting capabilities in the lower-tier plans. Advanced reporting features, such as custom reports and deeper analytics, were only available in the higher-priced plans. This made it challenging to analyze project data and generate in-depth reports for detailed insights. Additionally, the mobile app had some occasional performance issues, such as syncing delays or occasional crashes. However, these issues were not frequent and did not significantly hinder the overall functionality of the software.

Marktforschung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Good for time tracking purposes

Kommentare: Overall I found the software very straightforward and easily navigable - was able to use it for its intended purpose, and found that it made time tracking a lot more efficient and simple.

I used Harvest mainly for time tracking purposes at a past place of employment, and found the interface to be very easy to navigate. We were easily able to integrate corresponding tasks to the specified amount of time (ours was tracked on a minute by minute basis, so 0.7, 0.22, 0.59 etc). I also found it extremely handy to be able to have a stopwatch feature to track time when there are longer tasks (such as a meeting or a project that will take several hours in one stretch).

As mentioned above, though I found the stopwatch feature to be very efficient, it's not extremely practical for any role where you're touching multiple different projects at any given time (ex. an account or project manager). For a designer, this feature would be perfect. It would be interesting to see whether the same concept COULD be applied to a project management type job. Additionally, I found that it is extremely easy to forget to actually STOP the stopwatch feature, so more often than not I found myself with a task that ran over 500 minutes long because I forgot to manually adjust the feature. It may be helpful to implement some sort of feature that has a pop-up effect after 30mins or an hour, asking the user if they're still working on the specific task (like they do with some movie streaming services).

Antwort von Harvest

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'll take note of your feature suggestions as our product team is consistently assessing how the product can improve. I definitely can see how a popup timer would be useful. Thank you for your trust in Harvest!

Marketing & Werbung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great Tool for Tracking Time & Resources

Kommentare: Positive - they were a great solution for a company at our size at the time.

We used Harvest at our company for multiple years - it provides a great option for the team to track time across multiple projects and ensure project management and billing have hours for billable reference. It's cost is accessible to many organizations and the functionality works as expected.

Their native reporting didn't meet our needs so it required us to pipe this data into our data warehouse to then create our own visualizations, insights, dashboards, BI systems, etc. We began to outgrow Harvest due to additional needs outside of Harvest's core offering. Our financials were also in a different system which didn't allow us to utilize the billing features to their full potential

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: monday.com und Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Harvest: Cost

Leah
Leah
Senior Data Analyst in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Harvest is great for time tracking and billing within small/mid-size companies

Kommentare: I've used Harvest as an employee to track my time. Additionally, I have done data analysis on exported information from the platform to predict time requirements and resource allocation across a mid-sized workplace.

Harvest is an ideal time tracking and billing platform for small- to mid-size companies. Individuals track their time in the desired increments, and then can sub-track their time to particular projects or disciplines. For instance, if tracking time for Client A, time can be segmented into "Client A > Project Review," "Client A > Web Development," "Client A > Business Development," etc. It can flex to accommodate multiple professional disciplines, and provides tallies / time breakouts for each user. On the backend, fairly rich data can be gathered from the platform to analyze time distribution and analysis.

It requires time to setup and administrate multiple users, especially if it's one person doing this job. Additionally, to do it well, it requires a thoughtful plan to provide the necessary taxonomy of clients / projects / billing to be used across the organization. It is not as robust as other big, enterprise-caliber time tracking platforms (like Salesforce), but for an organization <50 users, it's a great solution.

Mike
Bookkeeper in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Harvest ypur time accurately and simply

Kommentare: We like the Orange and White - I know its petty, but in a world of grey-ed out infinitesimally small typeface UIs, Harvest is blunt and to-the-point. After all, who needs Team Members making errors with your TIME!

The most important factor is Ease of Use and Harvest shines, the second is its integration with 80 of the top of the line of today's work tools. There are tons of features - we use Forecast and find it invaluable for Team Leaders to scope out their week's work-load and delegate. Thirdly, their customer support is brilliant - no muss, no fuss. The added bonus is that adjusting time at task once the timer has been closed is easy, and did I mention they send a friendly reminder when you've left a timer running? Oh Yes - we do that sometimes too!

It's hard to think of a really thorny issue - these guys have worked everything together slowly over the years. It's a a balanced appraoch - the Forecast Add-On is slowly expanding and deepening and there will no doubt be features added that a user would like, for example more zoom in and out to break down to week and day. That is about it really - this is solid Dev-Product, not some rushed-out-to-get-Trials company.

Noelle
Director of Content in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I've used Harvest for over 10 years, and I love it.

Kommentare: I love the user friendliness of Harvest. It integrates with a ton of other platforms, and its reporting is excellent. Plus, for an individual user, the price point is incredibly inexpensive. I think I have been paying the same monthly fee for over 10 years!

This is the most user-friendly time tracker I have ever used, and I've been using it off and on for over 10 years. It is very simple to integrate with other platforms, and it's very easy to go back and adjust if you forget to add time or turn off the tracker. Most of all, the reporting is incredibly easy to use. I can pull reports based on time frame, client, project and tasks. It's an excellent time tracker and I can't recommend it enough.

The only issue I have really had is with the Asana integration. It doesn't perfectly and seamlessly integrate with Asana tasks. When I turn on the time tracker in Asana, sometimes it pulls the wrong client. I have to pay attention to that. Thankfully, it is easy to fix, but it does seem like a glitch.

Nicole
Graphic & Web Designer in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Harvest Review

Kommentare: Harvest has made my life so much simpler and cut down on the time I spend invoicing clients immensely. It has made my graphic and web design business a lot more efficient

Prior to using Harvest, I tried several different options for time tracking and invoicing clients. All of which didn't quite fit my needs for my graphic and web design business. Harvest has been the perfect fit for me. It allows me to organize items by client and individual projects under that client. I can easily start and stop timers to track my time on projects and then quickly create invoices to bill clients. You can run reports to track how your business is doing on invoices for the month, quarter or year. You can also track expenses. It has the capability to integrate into quickbooks as well.

I can't think of anything that I don't like about this software really. If I absolutely had to name something, setting up information/logo for invoices in the very beginning was a little tricky but easily solved by reading tutorial.

Josh
Josh
Founder & CMO in USA

Excellent price & functionality was exactly what I needed

Kommentare: My experience with harvest was exceptional. The only reason I turned it off (recently) was because I wanted an all-in-one solution and went to Quickbooks - that eliminated some cost and centralized everything. I also no longer had the need for time tracking, which was a huge value and reason for me using Harvest.

Easy to use. Very intuitive and was easy to track my time with clients & then to issue invoices. It was reliable, I never had any problems with it not working as expected. It integrated with Quickbooks nicely, which was a huge plus.

I didn't love the cost to add additional users. In general, the cost for 1 person was quite low, but it felt expensive to then add on additional users.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Zoho Expense

Rocío
CEO in Spanien
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Time tracking that fits perfectly with Asana

Kommentare: The fact that it is only in English made the learning progress a little less fluid. I think the UX leaves room for improvement, already. But I find it useful and we use it steadily.

The integration with Asana saves us much time: Harvest recognises the project, task type and name of the task and introduces them on the tracking for you.

I’m using Mac and this doesn’t work on Safari (it does in Chrome, however).

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Toggl Track

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Harvest: For the Asana integration.

jaimie
Director of Operations in Kanada
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Critical agency tool for success

Harvest's integrations make this tool imperative to our agency operations and success. The Google Cal feature allows our team to seamlessly track time based on calendar meetings and blocks inputted by each user. The ability to integrate with our resourcing tool, Parallax, provides the necessary actual data we need in order to make informed business decisions on hiring and pricing.

Often one too many clicks in order to enter time sheets. Slower to pickup on patterns and automation.

Mark
Mark
Senior Recruiter in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Manage your work flow within your time

Kommentare: I have found it super easy to use. The data record of reminders is all safe. The pricing is handy by two methods i.e. by its free or subscription deals. I am so comfortable after using it on our phones because it just needs a few clicks plus we can also make expenses through mobile app. Overall, we found it very useful as it is easy to use for every kind of business so we will recommend it you as well. Both the client and team would be saved from extra expenses due to tracker system. We found this platform, a strengthening tool for professionals.

It is a time tracking software which was combined with Twitter to facilitate its users to track time with their tweets as well. Today it is globally used in many meetings and business by many clients for work procedures. We have found it easy to handle despite the working platform.

I found that there was lack of connection between the website and app. It was pretty difficult to constantly have a check on the app. We found this the app did not function properly for tasks assignment to the workers. Moreover it is going well and giving great performance.

Taryn
Healing Coach in USA
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Seemingly All-in-One Platform... But I still switched

Kommentare: A great platform for folks with 1-2 projects they'd like to track time for. I even used it to track how much time I was spending on homework one semester! If you're a sole-proprietor with lots of ongoing projects for different companies, know you will need to majorly upgrade.

I used Harvest for two years when I became a contractor for a tech company. It has many of the features that make it easy to track time, invoice on that time and keep projects separate. My absolute favorite feature they had is the time-tracking extension so you could see your time and pause it easily. As I was starting to consider other software, they did add integration with Asana which was super handy, although not very intuitive.

What made me end up switching platforms is I began working a lot of contract gigs and there were limits on how many projects I could have without having to upgrade to a new plan. I also found their website complicated to navigate. Great features -- tricky to find and use.