I loved my experience

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Jessica G.
Designer

Kommentare: It was so easy to use and the customer service helped with any issues.

Vorteile: I loved so many things about using Emma. If I didn't like something I would be able to reach out to customer service and receive a quick response.

Nachteile: I didn't like how you couldn't change the background or how the templates weren't always working the way you wanted them to.

Great ESP for Enterprise Level

Bewertet am 24.6.2019
Marketing Communications Manager
Verbraucherdienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great. No complaints. System works as advertised, allows us to use more advance features and integrations and the always available call in customer service is very helpful when needed.

Vorteile: I currently use this to manager multiple brands as sub-accounts under a single primary account. The interface is intuitive, once you get used to it the builder is more powerful that others out there, and I really enjoy the way segmenting works. Automation is a breeze and multivariate testing works really well and is clear to see campaign specific winners.

Nachteile: The only real item on my wish list would be the ability to build a segment on the review and send tab instead of actually building a segment, saving it and then going through the process of sending your campaign and selecting the segment then. Would be nice to build segments on the fly based on previous campaigns etc.

Emma Email Marketing

Bewertet am 21.11.2019
Walter T.
Marketing Specialist
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This product serves the purpose, however we need a solution that integrates with our CRM (Recruiter) so we had to move away from it.

Vorteile: Drag and drop feature makes set up rather easy. It also gives the opportunity to edit the HTML if needed. This comes in handy with line spacing, especially if it is pasted from an outside document.

Nachteile: Line-spacing can be tricky sometimes if pasted from an outside document, even if you use "paste without styles". More analytics for sends would be nice.

Be Cautious of Choosing Emma

Bewertet am 7.11.2017
Karl T.
Director of Marketing
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very bad company to do business with.

Vorteile: Emma email provide very aesthetically pleasing emails while being user friendly. This this product is competitive with other basic email marketing SAAS products such as Constant Contact and Mail Chimp.

Nachteile: Don't let their sales staff fool you on their upgraded packages. This is a very basic easy to use email service, that's it. Their upgraded packages which claim to add advanced features and automation don't hold a candle to a true email automation SAAS product such as Infusionsoft etc. Their sales account reps make big claims on the capability of the features but when actually using them, the workarounds that you will need to do are tedious. We have been using Emma for many years because of the attractive email layouts and ease of use. When we saw the promises the upgraded tools promised we were very excited. Unfortunately after really diving in, we found that the tools were not capable of effectively executing the processes and automation sequences that we needed. We signed a one year contract on the upgrade and as LONG time customers were reminded of that when asking to be dropped back to our old package. Because of this, we will be cancelling our entire account when the upgraded package expires. It's unfortunate, as we would have continued to be customers for many years to come. It's definitely not worth the price, and I would not recommend doing business with Emma.

von Cliff an 8.11.2017

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with Emma, and thank you for sharing such honest feedback so we can address your concerns. I'm Cliff Corr, Director of Customer Success at Emma and it's very important to me to understand where we could have provided you with a better product and service experience. That way, I can involve the necessary teams to ensure we make changes to better meet your expectations and business needs. If the training you received wasn’t helpful, I'd love to dig into why and ensure we address that on all future trainings. I will reach out to you directly to set up a time to discuss. Thanks again for this feedback.

Emma Marketing/Email System for higher ed

Bewertet am 6.2.2019
Keith O.
Director for Communication
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We send regular newsletters to external and internal audiences with Emma at a fair and reasonable price. We also have segmented users by department.

Vorteile: The WYSIWYG is pretty reliable and intuitive. The list management is easy to use and sending an email to multiple audiences is so clear that there is no possible confusion to send to the wrong groups. The emails frequently get sent immediately upon hitting send.

Nachteile: The copy/paste from Word or from other sources occasionally will cause serious formatting issues that can't be resolved without looking into the source. The Word clipboard feature doesn't always work. The building out of the design of a template -- specifically the dragging and dropping -- can be frustrating because blocks can't always be relocated where you'd like them to be. At times, the format of font -- ital, bold, underline -- can get "stuck," meaning you have to go into the source to re-format.

Good platform for email and landing pages

Bewertet am 11.4.2019
Allison W.
Marketing and Event Manager
Chemikalien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I had great customer service and it has met my needs. The platform is extremely easy to use but I wish it was a little bit more sophisticated on adding new contacts into automated campaigns.

Vorteile: The price and easy set up. Very easy to set up with our information and start sending out emails.

Nachteile: The process for adding new people to an automated email list. This was a major time waster for me and I wish there was an easier process for adding new people into an automated campaign.

Emma Review

Bewertet am 12.4.2019
Grant H.
Alumni Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I prefer Emma over the other options I have been presented with. Emma allows you to show the content in a way in which users prefer to consume it. The statistics of the email campaigns is also a huge pro to the Emma platform.

Vorteile: What I most like about Emma is the ability to add multiple email lists to one email. I've used other email marketing tools that only allow one group to be added to an email campaign. This causes a lot of frustration and having to create multiple different email lists that have mostly the same people, but different variances. Instead, you can divide those groups up to be specific to what that group is and then add them to the email accordingly.

Nachteile: What I least like about the software is at times some of the premade layouts are difficult to change. For example, I use the calendar icon on most if not all of my campaigns. The default color of the calendar has a red ribbon on the top. I'm unable to change the color of that ribbon to match the other branding of the page and it sticks out in a negative way as a result.

Emma EMail

Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Assistant Director of School, College, and Program Marketing at Endicott College
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love having the multiple accounts and being able to share contacts to cut down on cost, however, the time spent creating the emails is much longer as it is not as user-friendly

Vorteile: Great to have multiple sub-account that all share one "contact" list so help with duplicates

Nachteile: Not easy to format, very limited format options, takes much longer to make an email than with others

Great option for my small company

Bewertet am 7.10.2019
Sarah catherine T.
Executive Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Would suggest to anyone! Offers our company (less than 1M nonprofit) exactly what we need for mass donor commmunicatkon.

Vorteile: Used friendly, integrates with my CRM database, easy to use templates, plug and play so I can make my monthly newsletter, good click analytics

Nachteile: I run a small nonprofit and, especially for the price, Emma offers us an incredible service. If I had one Con it would be the customization of my emails. With our subscription and templates provided, we are very limited on what we can edit in our emails. But again, being the size we are, I wouldn’t expect different and the setup makes it easy for us to create nice looking emails.

Emma works for you

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Karen E.
Administrator
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have enjoyed Emma but we sometimes go to other things because we want to add audio — Emma cannot support audio. That’s one of our wheelhouses so we like to show that off, not just our video.

Vorteile: Emma has a very robust format and capability. It allows us to post video change design formats and use our original work.

Nachteile: It is no so user friendly. Takes lots of tome to introduce new users. Complex compared to other tools we use. And more costly.

New Format Needs Improvement

Bewertet am 3.11.2016
Kimberly R.

Kommentare: You should at least have a customize the group views that the customers can change to their preference. To do some of these changes without notice is ridiculous. People should have the option of seeing things the way we used to, not everyone is like me and I know some people like the new changes. There should be a columns with First and Last Names within the audiences. I can't be searching my larger group of over 4,000 people by email. Also, the search bar should be made available throughout the audience categories and not automatically go into the search. There are times I copy and paste a good email and want to remove a letter because we had it missing and I want to correct the old email. I can't do this anymore. It's been annoying that it seems some of my requests to bring something back won't happen. I don't know about everyone, but when I open one of my groups, I like to see the email, First, and Last name. It helps for when I put in John Doe, that all those named John Doe or with an email of johndoe@blah.com appear for me to find the correct one. Not all these emails with no names attached and all I see is 123@blah.com and john456@blah.com. This should be an easy fix or at least a way for us to lock our preferred view.

Vorteile: It's pretty quick. Love the Response area and the breakdowns.

Nachteile: Some of the changes to the Audience. You should be able to minimum keep the First and Last name showing with the email in the groups and searches.

I <3 MyEmma

Bewertet am 5.4.2018
Myca A.
Director, Customer Experience
Philanthropie, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The integrations aren't as strong as larger packages, and user flow isn't fabulous, but simply for building gorgeous emails that look good on every platform, Emma is the undisputed leader.

Vorteile: For nonprofits and small to mid-size businesses, MyEmma is the best, most intuitive email marketing platform around. Their customer service is over the top great, and the service they offer to build templates for you is well worth the small investment! Not only are they good to work with, but the team at Emma are firm believers in giving back to the community, something that comes out in their interactions in small but meaningful ways.

Nachteile: I would love to see Emma manage more complex data. My heart was broken when I moved to a different organization and was no longer able to utilize Emma due to a more complex data and business unit structure.

Lacks functionality, no reason to spend on Emma with so many great competitors out there

Bewertet am 27.9.2018
Cory N.
Marketing and Communications Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: (continued)
- They have a field for custom preview text, but it doesn't work for all email providers.
- Has integrations with very few third-party platforms. - Automation workflow rules lack some basic functionalities (for example, send THIS given XXYZ open conditions are met)Etc. - Doesn't allow you to personalize Subject Lines or descriptions - Only A/B testing available is for subject lines

Vorteile: The WYSIWYG is easy to use. It has the basic email marketing functionalities.

Nachteile: This platform is quite primitive. I absolutely DO NOT recommend it. I can't wait to switch to something else once our subscription is up. If you're an absolute beginner to email marketing or not a marketing person but rather someone taking on marketing responsibilities, then it's fine. Although Emma looks like a promising, professional platform, in reality, it is quite basic, too top-level (no specificity), not fully customizable, etc. My biggest gripes with Emma are: - Insights and analytics are quite lacking. Does not go deeper than open, click rates, and opt-outs. - Out of all email marketing software I have I used, Emma emails are the ones that go into spam most easily. No, not "promotions" or "unfocused". Spam. - The available pre-made email templates look very old-school and outdated. Very 2004. There is no marketplace or option to acquire more. - Thankfully, you can use your own custom HTML email templates, but the interface is a bit funky. Every time you preview your email and hit "back" it returns you to the top of the frame. - You can't save custom HTML templates and then edit them as a WYSIWYG like in HubSpot or MailChimp. - Their email templates are NOT fully cross-browser or cross-platform compatible. - Emma automatically generates mobile versions for their "mobile ready" themes. Other platforms let you make edits to how your mobile and desktop versions will look separately.

Email Automation and Insight with Ease

Bewertet am 17.8.2018
Monica S.
Marketing

Kommentare: We are much happier with it in comparison to our formal software Constant Contact - the customer service is just more responsive, and the interface is so easy to use that we are able to have interns use with little direction.

Vorteile: We are able to manage and automate customer campaigns all with one login - we are also able to visually show our customers the effectiveness of the design and lay out not just the messaging

Nachteile: I wish that the templates were a bit more flexible so we could create ones not available in the system - however the option to work with a designer is quite nice and have used that service several times.

EMAIL DEMYSTIFIED

Bewertet am 12.9.2018
Pamela C.
Consulting Partner
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Companies typically spend ridiculous amounts of money on search engine marketing. This is no longer effective. Spend more on content syndication and companies that provide highly segmented lists with technographic data included. Then use email. For most companies - the website is no longer the destination for finding or educating buyers.

Vorteile: Fully featured solution for using email to create actionable engagements with customers and prospects. B2B Tech companies don't have to spend valuable budget dollars on costly competitors; with Emma you get all the features you need to educate, engage and convert leads to pipeline. The dashboard tells the story of engagement, the engine has the automation you need to push leads through your funnel. The templates are creative so you can create memorable mail and there is a great resource library to improve your overall approach and skills to have effective email campaigns.

Nachteile: Needs plug and play with sales activity trackers like Outreach. Could be easier to run multiple campaigns to different segments.

Cut time and reach more

Bewertet am 29.8.2016
Aly B.
Receptionist
Philanthropie

Vorteile: I like the fact that once you create your groups of people, you can easily send emails to large groups of people that look professional. It also is a way for our organization to quickly alert our members of last minute notifications without having to hunt down emails of who you need to contact, you just select a group! It's also easy to see how many people opened it, if they clicked on it, if they opted out of receiving more, which helps us figure out how many people are actually using the information we're sending.

Nachteile: You have to 'add' a person, you cant just create a campaign and send it to a list of emails that aren't in the system.

Excellent enterprise email marketing

Bewertet am 30.8.2018
Manager of University Digital and Emerging Media
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall very positive. The cost is very competitive and most of our divisions and departments are actually paying less through Emma than they were with services like Constant Contact (we do cost-sharing).

Vorteile: Very robust and meets the need of supporting multiple divisions and user groups. We share branded templates globally to get beginners up and running quickly. Feedback is consistently positive that the system is very, very easy to use. Less support issues overall.

Nachteile: Small issue but it doesn't support multiple users logged into the same campaign in the way that MailChimp did. If two users both log into the same campaign they could overwrite each others work.

If only they cared about the code.

Bewertet am 18.7.2017
Elaine S.
Web Developer and User Interface Specialist
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It allows people to design emails in an entirely wysiwyg interface, meaning you don't have to know any HTML.

Nachteile: Its strength is also its weakness. Emma completely changes and botches your HTML. You cannot enter your own media queries - it completely overrides them, and even in the support forums the requests for Emma not to touch pasted-in HTML have gone unanswered for years. It's like using FrontPage and watching your beautifully-crafted code become a mangled, garbled mess that's very difficult to fix. Even for those who don't code their own HTML, it's perplexing - there are often strange quirks like bold fonts that don't appear bold in inboxes and many other issues because the code Emma uses isn't actually friendly for many email rendering engines (ahem, Outlook). It's also somewhat unstable and clunky - we've found many times when it won't actually save, or it's just running very slowly.

von Emma an 19.7.2017

Hi Elaine,
Thanks so much for the valuable feedback here. I hate that you've had a difficult time using code in our email editor, and trouble with rendering in the inbox. Improvements in those areas are something that is definitely on our roadmap, and I'd love to connect you with one of our product managers to continue the conversation and gain some more insight from you and your experiences.

Be on the lookout for some follow up from one of our amazing Product Managers, Cale. He'd love to continue the conversation.

Thanks again for taking the time to offer some insight into your experience!

It is a little more advanced than constant contact, still has the user friendly widgets to create

Bewertet am 6.11.2017
Rebecca C.
Events & Office Manager

Kommentare: Better looking, more professional templates, more options, better anaylitical properties for response and easier to put together.

Vorteile: better templates, easy to make templates and you can pay them to create a one-of-a-kind email for your organization.

Nachteile: it's a little frustrating to have to change the template font to another font. Especially with bullet points. also, you cannot copy and paste into the blocks without creating extra steps.

Great interface and the team is helpful when you need them!

Bewertet am 1.8.2018
Shannon M.
Director of Account Services
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We can streamline our processes for email solicitations, newsletters and use it for both our company and our clients.

Vorteile: We enjoy the flexibility that we have in their system. We can structure our campaigns differently for each client that we are working with. We use a zapier integration, which has been extremely helpful for us to get the tracking into our internal system.

Nachteile: There have been a few situations were parts of the platform that we would like to use are in beta and haven't been as easy to use or clear in how we can utilize them to their full capacity.

Emma Marketing Software is Easy and Affordable

Bewertet am 29.3.2018
Rebecca K.
Content Writer / Executive Assistant
Rechtsberatung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This product allows me to reach law clients for the personal injury firm I currently work for.

Vorteile: I began using this software during my current marketing position at a large law firm. We send out large email blasts to our clients from Emma. Emma makes it extremely simple to upload email lists, create campaigns and email a large list of clients. Emma email reports are also a great way to see which clients you're reaching, helping you in your marketing efforts. The pricing is also very competitive with other email marketing software, with their base pro price.

Nachteile: I don't have anything negative to say about this software. I haven't experienced any issues with this email marketing software.

High quality email platform

Bewertet am 19.4.2018
Jade S.
Marketing

Vorteile: I've been extremely impressed with this software. We switched from another email service about six months ago and have been pleasantly surprised with the user interface, more options, ease-of-use and overall professional quality. Building out emails is a really simple process and they look great with little effort.

Nachteile: The lightbox form is not something that you can really customize, and when we looked into it we were quoted several hundred dollars by their support team.

Best Email Marketing Tool Available

Bewertet am 24.6.2016
Kerry B.
Director of Marketing
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung

Vorteile: The product is extremely user-friendly. Has a great list of feature set that meets today's need in the marketing world. And is a great price for the product.

Nachteile: There really is not anything I don't like. It is a great product all around as it allows you to do simple email marketing, but also allows you to track individual users and their history.

Email Marketing's Best Kept Secret!

Bewertet am 4.10.2017
Heather S.
Creative Director
Wein und Spirituosen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: great customer service and very easy to use. Drag and drop design and lots of templates to choose from. I've used Emma for almost 15 years. I've seen them grow substantially and their product and service hasn't deteriorated. No need to know html but you CAN write your own code if you know how.

Nachteile: They are a tad bit slow to adopt to new features compared to competitors BUT when they release updates they WORK. Rarely are there bugs. It's refreshing.

Emma is easy to use for content marketing - email campaigns and automation.

Bewertet am 13.6.2018
Nikki U.
Client Services Manager
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love how there are many options for customization, including html editing and custom templates. It's also very easy to learn and use.

Nachteile: Some of the formatting or back end code can interfere with the html sometimes and then things get a little wonky.