Über RationalPlan

Unterstützung von Projektmanagern bei der Entwicklung von Plänen, Zuweisung von Ressourcen, Verfolgung des Fortschritts, Verwaltung von Budgets und Analyse der Arbeitsbelastung.

Erfahre mehr über RationalPlan

It is also easy to integrate and manage multiple projects. Scheduling and tracking of tasks is also a plus with this product.

Needs a "facelift", needs to be refreshed, make it more "interactive" (drag and drop functionality).

Bewertungen zu RationalPlan

RationalPlan hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 99 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du RationalPlan bereits verwendet?

nirmal
nirmal
Assistant Manager in Indien
Bau

Found it better than MS Project for project management!

Kommentare: I am using Rational Plan as a MS Project substitute and have greatly benefitted by all its features. It helped me manage the tasks better.

It is web-based and has better compatibility among different OS, it has similarbut better features than MS Project which include task and Gantt Chart features that the executives work with want to see. It integrates with Outlook, so tasks can be emailed to responsible staff. The export to PDF is great for sharing a snapshot of all the tasks in the entire project along with the Gantt Chart.

while exporting to Excel,it loses the formatting. There's no way to set up emails on tasks that are late. The main way to track tasks is by manually entering the percentage of work completed.

Antwort von Stand By Soft

Not sure what product you are using but in the latest version of RationalPlan Cloud it is implemented the late task notification. Just make sure it is activated from the Administration area. Resources can also track their tasks in the My Assignments area by entering their individual actual work and the percentage completion will be automatically computed by the application. Regarding loosing format when exporting to Excel we would appreciate some detailed feedback in order to improve it. Just drop us an email to support.

Tim

The Best Planning Software for Linux

Kommentare: I have trialled several planning software applications and have find that RationalPlan is the best I have come across. I am using the Single version, which is free for Linux users, for other OS there is a charge. There is MultiProject version which is not free. Gantt Chart
Too many of the software I have looked at is too much like MS Project 2003 which looks very 1980's. Presentation is always an important issue for clients and indeed colleagues, and RationalPlan certainly ticks the right boxes as the colour of the bars can be changed in the Settings/Options. Trying to fit a gantt chart and data columns onto an A4 or A3 can always be a frustrating exercise, which ever software package you are using. In RationalPlan, however, the best way is through Reports/More/Gantt, where there are the options to help you to manipulate the image to fit on the size of paper.
There is one item that does puzzle me, is that the Gantt report option is hidden under "More" and not displayed in the drop-down menu. Data
Data import is easy and anyone familiar with this type of project planning applications should not find it a problem. For beginners resource input will always present some problems, but trial and error should sort these out.
Data can by exported to xls either the whole data or through reports, for manipulation. One of the annoying aspects of some planning software and versions of MS Project was the default setting for resource hours on the task duration which was Effort Driven resulting in the duration changing when the hours changed. In RationalPlan I am pleased to say that the default is Fixed Units, the changes which do not have an impact on the duration. Customer support I have found is excellent having used it several times. I would not hesitate in recommending RationalPlan as a planning software to Linux users.

Frank
President in USA
Maschinerie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Franklin Automation

Kommentare: We have not gotten to the point yet where we are utilizing the resource management tools, but given that we are typically managing 3 - 4 projects at any given time this is definitely the goal. What would be most beneficial at this time is to have some way of entering and accumulating data. Currently I have to set-up project spreadsheets with all of my cost codes down the left margin and dates across the top so that I can enter time sheets and accumulate hours for each job cost code for all projects. With the accumulated sub-totals I can then update my Gantt charts on Rational plan from time to time. It would be great if I could enter this time sheet data directly into Rational Plan instead of having to create and update these summarizing spread sheets.

1. Inexpensive 2. Relatively easy to learn 3. Good customer support

1. cannot enter raw data; has no way of accumulating time in a given cost code 2. some of the options are confusing (e.g. "always keep assignment units as set" and "try to keep the work when changing resources"...what do these mean???

Antwort von Stand By Soft

RationalPlan can export to a spreadsheet by simplg going to File/Data export menu. The " keep the work when changing resources" option is a Project Management option which indicate the application to recalculate duration of a task when adding resources for example so to keep the amount of work constant

Howard
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Not at all bad for small projects but I am still searching for "the one"!

Kommentare: As a sole-trader consultant I have been searching for an app that enables me to plan and manage projects that sometimes involve other consultants but sometimes just involve me and a whole load of people who are research subjects. After being led close to suicide by some other PM software (too complex, too "techie", only suitable for people who have nothing else in their lives!) I tried the add-on version of Rational Plan for Google docs and was impressed. So I bought the standalone Multi-Plan version. It worked very well for those projects where there was a good expectation of the steps laid out at the outset actually being the ones that were followed when the project started! The support from the team was excellent and my overall experience was good and I would recommend it to people who are actually running "manageable" projects. Having used it I realised that much of my work does not really fall into this category and, in much of what I am doing , the steps only emerge from the previous steps. In this case, the program is not very useful but I think that would be the case with any PM software I used. My dream is to have a single screen dashboard for all the components of Outlook so that I can see at a glance for a single project who is involved in it and in what capacity, that tasks that they have to do and the timescale, the e-mails associated with the project and the calendar entries for upcoming actions. It is really a cross between PM and CRM. Rational Plan comes close to the PM side of it.

Bill
Bill
Principal, VP/COO in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great project management software.

Kommentare: My partner and I build large custom homes. By using RationalPlan, we can queue the subs and make the entire process go more quickly. It is a great tool, but like any tool, you have to use it. It is not magic.

Intuitive. Easy to learn. Many features (some I have not explored yet).

I have not figured out how to have a couple of projects open at the same time. Also have not figured out how to sort entries.

Senior Architect in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Very Effective Project Management Tool

Kommentare: I work with a lot of different customers and am constantly importing and exporting project plans (converting from MS Project). RationalPlan allows me to effectively and efficiently work with the plans in this mixed environment. I find it an essential tool for my business.

It is a native Mac program that imports and exports MS Project files efficiently.

I have had some issues over the years with specific bugs. But to their credit, RationalPlan has always been quick to respond with a resolution to the issues. I still seem to have some issues with the printing format and how it handles logos.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste
Quelle: GetApp

Good alternative to Project

Kommentare: I have been RationalPlan Multi for several years now. I find it to be a good alternative to MS Project. I have little issue with importing project files that others have worked on. My issue is that it will only save files back out in Project XML format instead of .mpp format. This does make collaborating with others using MS Project difficult at times.

Native to the Mac, good interface and easy to use.

Does not save files to .mpp

Umweltdienstleistungen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Review

The software is very easy to pick up. I use this software for smaller project that require professional looking gantt chart but not the bells and whistles of more powerful software like P6. I can very quickly develop a project schedule without issue using this software.

The software doesn't have the same level of user created support compared to other more popular software like MS project. If I have a problem with MS project I can usually just google the problem and find something on a forum.

Bekleidung & Mode, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great for Multiprojects

the collaboration on this software is bar-none. We just finished our free trial and we will definitely be purchasing. Cannot wait to learn more and get access to all of the features.

I have no cons about RationalPlan at this time.

Versicherung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Simple tool for project planning and management

Kommentare: If you're looking for ease-of-use project planning and management tool, this can be it! You can manage multiple projects at the same time, be able to estimate the project durations and costs, and assure that you can stay track on your targets.

We're looking for a software for project planning and we ended up using this application. I find this simple and straightforward for our projects. It allows me to create project timelines, build roadmaps (Gantt chart) and other basic functionalities for project planning and management.

Couldn't think of any. It fulfilled the needs of our small projects.

Jennifer
COO in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Special Events

Kommentare: It has been a great addition for our special events and maintenance projects.

User-Friendly and easy to navigate. With little instruction, our special events director was able to set up the events with mininal assistance.

Nothing so far. Customer service has been very helpful.

Ryan
Business Systems Office in Australien
Staatsverwaltung

Great application

Kommentare: I have used Rationalplan for a few years now and been extremely happy with it. It covers all my project management needs.

Ease of use. Quick to figure out.

Alexandre
Component Engineer in USA
Telekommunikation, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Alternative to MS Project

Kommentare: I found this software a very good alternative to MS Project, cost is very fair. I didn't see any compatibility issues and works great. About file format compatibility, other than its native file format you can export your data in a xml file or Excel. I recommend the usage very much.

Compatibility and speed.

Cannot export in native MS Project file. I know there are other ways to export the data.

Laurent
Kanada

Provides what I need

Kommentare: My main use for a project planner is to manage dates, and resources somewhat. RationalPlan allows me to do this, and it also allows me to track changes and decisions over the course of the project. It's easy to use and provides the features I need the most. It's not complete, and there are a few features I would like to have (text import, cell highlighting), but overall it does the job and does it well.

Easy to use Provides the features I need Imports Excel Project files

Cell background highlighting (instead of font only) would be a nice addition

Senior Project Manager in USA

Easy to use with Great Support

Kommentare: I switched to RationalPlan - Multi for my consulting business about four years ago, after using MS Project since about 1998.
I have been very happy with RPM and find it easier to use than MSP for the work I do.
What really stands out for me, though, is the support provided for RPM. There are regular updates, and the twice I have had to contact support my question or issue was resolved promptly.
What I would like to see improved is the printing output, although there are improvements being made in this area, and I look forward to the new releases.

Telemabo
Civil Engineering Technologist in Nigeria
Tiefbau, Selbstständig

Easy to use

Kommentare: I use it to develop work schedule for my company.

It is very easy to use, even as a novice. You can also add your company logo in the heading of the printout.

I don't have any contrary opinion, for now

Daniel
Spanien
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Quite good in general. To be improved: Resource Management and Estimation methods like MS Project.

Kommentare: In general it works pretty well.
It would be much better for me if the resource management / leverage would be easier and more graphical and able to be balanced between several projects. For instance, being much simplier, GanttProject has much better landscape view: http://ganttproject.biz/about
For Compatibility with MS project I would really like to have the same estimation variables: work, resource units and duration and with same default approach.

Jeff
Jeff
Managing Director in
Pharmazeutika, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Excellent alternative to MS Project for small businesses

Kommentare: As a small business, the cost of MS Project is difficult to justify. Rational Plan offers a good value alternative that allows you to create your own Gantt charts and read and edit those created in using MS Project.

Simple workflow Creates good looking Gantt charts with ease Reliably reads in Gantt charts created by MS Project Allows you to use most of the features for Gantt charts that would expect in MS Project - e.g. Resources free version for Linux (Gold star for this)!

Isn't a complete replacement for MS Project (but doesn't pretend to be) Lack of Calendar view

Marcello
Italien
Internet, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

all it takes

Kommentare: I use it to setup a first plan for my projects. So I don't use its full potential, but it has all it takes for me.

works on mac

I think that MS Project is more powerful

Don

Software which impresses

Kommentare: OK, so it takes a little time to understand how it works, but then... Clients have been very impressed with the outputs and I discover more features with each project I start. It is excellent value for money and the updates just keep rolling in so that I always have the most current version. One of the best software purchases I have ever made - a great investment.

Robert
Project Manger in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Alternative to Microsoft Project

Kommentare: This app is everything you need for mpp files. Great value and easy to use. Also easy to print PDFs.

Ease of use and price.

No problems yet.

Yoshiaki
Japan
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Simple and highly accurate schedule creation application

Kommentare: It is a very powerful tool for individual to medium sized schedule management and WBS management.
A wonderful point can be modified very smoothly and can be done very smoothly.
Printing is also beautiful and it is excellent as handout materials.
It is the point that it is easier and easier to read materials than anything else.

Alberto
CEO in USA
Nanotechnologie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Better than MS Project

Kommentare: I'm a Mac user and I needed software to create a Gantt Chart for a project. There is no MS Project for Macs, so I tried Rational Plan. I am very pleased with RP's ease of use. and interface. It took ten minutes to learn to use it.

Works with Macs and it is easy to learn how to use it.

Owen

Great Option for Small Business

Kommentare: I'm not a project manager, but often need to review project plans from clients, or plan out project timelines etc. In every case over the past couple of years, Rational Plan has been the perfect tool for the job.

Lost cost, easy to start using

Joanna

Brilliant project management software

Kommentare: I would like to thank the team at Rational Plan for developing such easy to use but yet powerful planing software and the customer service is extraordinary. I would most certainly recommend to anyone looking to manage multiple projects to check this software out.