Über BestNotes

BestNotes ist ein revolutionäres EHR- und CRM-System, das speziell für die Verhaltensgesundheitsbranche entwickelt wurde.

Erfahre mehr über BestNotes

Dominic T.
OARS Product Specialist
  • Quelle: GetApp
  • Bewertet am 2.6.2018

"Great product!"

Vorteile: Best product on the market! Too many other ehrs are way too expensive for what they feature! Love bestnotes!

Nachteile: I cant think of anything negative to say, i widh we wouldve went with bestnotes from the beginning! Thanks BN!

• Quelle: GetApp
  • Bewertet am 2.6.2018
James Y.
IT Support

"Excellent CRM"

Kommentare: Overall our experience with BestNotes has been great. Their support staff is really on top of things. We are very much looking forward to what BestNotes Fresh has to bring.

Vorteile: I think the CRM functions of this software are fantastic. We run a multi-facility drug and alcohol treatment center and BestNotes certainly meets the needs for the varying levels of complexity that each client's chart needs based on their level of care. The note templates are highly customizable and the reporting functions have been a massive asset as tool for our chart audits.

Nachteile: Honestly, our biggest problems with BestNotes come from its integration with other software and the eMAR. As a CRM BestNotes functions well, but we use an integration with DrFirst for ePrescribe that disrupts some functionality within BestNotes. We also use a lab integration through HalfPenny that has been left wanting. The eMAR is nice to have, but the ability to audit and track medication changes is fairly limited at this point.

Christina B.
Outpatient Therapist
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.8.2020

""Bang for your Buck""

Kommentare: As an outpatient therapist, this system allows is so user friendly and to have the customer support to help make forms that was already in place and not charge is a wonderful experience.

Vorteile: This software allows you to easily navigate the system. Easy to understand and straight forward. Your able to still use your same consumer forms instead of paper its now electronic.

Nachteile: When we first started we were unable to send patient forms to clients. You can't bill directly from the system. 2019 North Carolina states we had to be able to exchange information to other companies and BestNotes did not allow that feature at that time.

• Bewertet am 22.8.2020
Michelle D.
CEP
  • Bewertet am 5.6.2019

"You Get What You Pay For"

Kommentare: I really wanted to love BestNotes but I regretted my decision straight away. Having the trial was useless because the system is cumbersome but I thought it was just me. Thus stuck with in site of my concern, hoping things would get easier/better but that never happened. Lesson learned for selecting them based on a non-clinician referral who clearly didn't know any better. BestNotes reps acknowledge that little has changed with the platform in the past 15 years (since its inception) and it shows. They insist a new product is underway although they have no information on when it will be released. Think this said to merely pacify customers. I assume they gain and keep some customers due to the low price but using the software is like stepping into a time warp. I'd rather pay more money for a modern, user friendly system that can be used across device and is truly web based rather than a low price for a grossly outdated system. This EHR needs a complete overall!

Vorteile: The price for this EHR is phenomenal and BestNotes has the potential to be great. I like that you can add your own customized forms. The scripted treatment plan goals are better than most as they are measurable (but BestNotes did take some short cuts by simply repeating the same goals over and over).

Nachteile: As many users have been indicating since 2016, BestNotes is looks like something from the 1900's. Thus the systems uses a lot of odd symbols from the 1990's (such as a floppy disk).There seems to be no consistency with font size across pages. Some of the templates have typos. Minor clients that require parental signature consent forms is ridiculously complicated. They systems uses a lot of their own made up acronyms that are confusing. Many of the videos/self help guides are outdated or otherwise irrelevant. It is clunky, grossly outdated, has an ugly interface, and is not intuitive. This system is not web based, you have to download the software application on your computer, the client portal is practically useless since clients cant self schedule or pay a bill there, and have to contract with a third party for billing thereby increasing your costs. Sadly, the staff are nice enough but can be a bit condescending if you cant quickly make sense out of the madness that is BestNotes that they have normalized.

von BestNotes an 11.6.2019

Thanks for your feedback Michelle. I'm sorry you had such a painful experience. Respectfully, there are a few points that I would like to clarify. First, you mentioned that documentation can be confusing and clunky. It's true that BestNotes is customizable to a fault and we've taken some significant steps to make things easier. We hired a clinical director and after 3 years of Research/Development, we've released an entire set of behavioral health and addiction treatment focused documentation (from Admission to Discharge) that considers Joint Commission, CARF, Payer and common State/County regulations. The best part is that we keep this documentation updated for you. As regulations change, so does your documentation one less thing to worry about!
Unfortunately, Capterra only have gives us 1000 characters to reply to your feedback. Quickly, BestNotes is entirely web-based, includes a lot of internal billing tools and we haven't stopped developing our current version.

• Bewertet am 5.6.2019
Russell R.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.8.2020

"Loving Best Notes!"

Kommentare: It has helped our business tremendously in terms of time saving and organization.

Vorteile: Our company was new to EHR and my staff was quite intimidated. The training and customer service was incredible. Very responsive and available. We especially like that they are willing to customize it for our particular business and we can upload our current forms. They also had a lot of already prepared documents that are accreditation approved.

Nachteile: We love it and don't have any complaints. I guess some visual graphic improvement would be the only thing I can think of.

von BestNotes an 10.9.2020

Thanks for your kind words and support Russell!

• Bewertet am 19.8.2020
Sheri N.
Vice President and Therapist
  • Bewertet am 21.11.2019

"Best Customer Service and Easy to Use"

Kommentare: The calendar feature for all of our therapists to coordinate has been extremely helpful. The group notes are automatically placed in the client file and has saved countless hours.

Vorteile: After trying several EHR free trial offers, BestNotes provided the best price for my smaller business and was the most responsive in following-up in a timely and professional manner. An important feature is how customizable and flexible the software is, any form that we use is able to be incorporated into the system. The most impressive feature is the customer service. I felt overwhelmed and anxious about switching systems but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were extremely patient and explained every aspect that I needed, I never feel rushed or minimized. The software has features that organize our client files more throughly and efficiently.

Nachteile: I appreciate that BestNotes creates billing and invoices I wish I could submit claims through BestNotes.

• Bewertet am 21.11.2019
Chris M.
  • Bewertet am 18.7.2019

"Best EMR System I Have Ever Used"

Kommentare: I am able to manage clients across three mental health facilities all on one platform.

Vorteile: The software is extremely reliable and the maintenance times never impact our ability to treat clients. The ability to have multiple users at a set price point. The BN customer service experience has always been a joy!

Nachteile: None, I have yet to come across a need that the team was unable to meet.

von BestNotes an 1.8.2019

Thanks for your support Chris! We're really excited about our future developments - we hope to make your experience with BestNotes even better!

• Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Christine M.
Chief Financial Officer

"BestNotes Support Review"

Kommentare: Overall it has been a pleasure to use BestNotes and have the continued support of the BestNotes team.

Vorteile: BestNotes has a supportive team that is easy to contact. Any software issues are quickly resolved and the software is dependable (no downtime). If there is a reporting request, or company specific function request, the BestNotes team is easy to work with and does a great job to find the best solution for the Organization.

Nachteile: There is a desire and need for more systematic controls, in order to reduce the manual reconciliation time between the clinical and billing modules (Program to Register functions).

Jose gregorio L.
Motivador Superación Personal
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.9.2018

"BestNotes to organize your mind !!"

Kommentare: So far I have had to install this system to more than 30 people and none have expressed unwanted comments about the operation and operation of the system. They are very satisfied customers because of the way they organize medical information and how they access it.

Vorteile: BestNotes is a cloud based health or medical records system. Conceptualized for small and medium clinics. BestNotes offers applications for mobile devices on Android and iOS.

Nachteile: BestNotes has managed to satisfy the need to solve the complex task of managing patient documents. It is a software that covers all the administrative aspects to handle medical documents.
It has a practical, simple and fast search systems. Its interface has the information well ordered so that the medical authority can make a diagnosis. The more medical history a patient has, the order of visualization of the data is decisive for a diagnosis and this system does it very well.

• Bewertet am 26.9.2018
RN Supervisor
  • Bewertet am 9.8.2018

"Gave It A Try"

Kommentare: We are leaving Bestnotes to go with another company.

Vorteile: The look is promising. Not many other positives. Their online training tutorials are adequate.

Nachteile: The functionality is lacking. The eMAR is useless.

von BestNotes an 16.10.2018

I'm sorry to hear that BestNotes didn't exceed your expectations. I see that you used our online help site but did you know that BestNotes offers unlimited training and support with a real BestNotes employee?

I also want to point out that your experience is very similar to other users who were not part of the buy-in process for BestNotes. Ideally, important employees like you have the ability to demo BestNotes before purchase. This gives you the ability to see the natural work flow, ask questions and unpack unique scenarios that you face in daily work.

In addition, our eMAR is a relatively new product offering that we include for no extra fee. We are adding new features and enhancements regularly. We're lucky enough to have a group of customers who are eMAR experts to help with the design and work flow. We would love the opportunity to show you these new enhancements.

Thanks for your feedback.

• Bewertet am 9.8.2018
Adam R.
Program Director
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.8.2019

"Best Notes is Amazing"

Kommentare: Honestly what makes Best Notes a great tool and asset for our organization is the Best Notes team. The product itself is great but the people behind the scenes are what make it amazing. I have never had a bad interaction with a Best Notes team member. Furthermore, they are very quick to support and to resolve issues. I have confidence if I have a question or a request, it will be treated fairly and promptly. I love the people I have had the pleasure of speaking to in person and online.

Vorteile: What I like most about the software is the level to which it can be customized to fit the needs of the organization.

Nachteile: The look is kind of old or plain I suppose. But that is not a real complaint I have, just what I like the least.

• Bewertet am 14.8.2019
Ryan K.
Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor
  • Bewertet am 24.3.2020

"EMR to stay productive, efficient and compliant"

Kommentare: Though I am extremely pleased with the BestNotes platform, it is their customer care and industry knowledge that sets them apart. BestNotes software support is second to none - immediate, knowledgeable support from a dedicated team. Quite possibly the best benefit of BestNotes is their regulatory input. Especially for a non-profit organization like ours. It can be incredibly difficult to stay up to date on the ever-changing regulations. Knowing that we have a partner we can rely on to help keep us compliant though all of the changing regulations is a huge benefit to us.

Vorteile: What do I like most about BestNotes? I could say the intuitive, easy to use layout. Or the customizable documentation. Or the incredibly robust reporting. Or the fact that it is routinely updated to stay compliant with all applicable regulatory agencies. Or maybe the fact that if I have any questions, knowledgeable help is immediately available.

Nachteile: I would like to see more template-wide customization options, (i.e. removing components that aren't applicable to our field, allowing for more customization for individual users, the creation of a "saved/most used" field that can be applied to documents, ITP data, diagnosis, etc.). Basically, we are using one software platform for 4 different departments within our company. Making them more efficient by being able to customize the work-flow systems by department and user would be of great benefit.

• Bewertet am 24.3.2020
Natasha S.
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

"BestNotes"

Kommentare: My program uses BestNotes for Mental Health Case Management and Foster Care. Neither of these is the niche field for BestNotes. However, the BestNotes team worked with us extensively to make sure that the software does what we need. BestNotes dedicated a lot of time to us during start-up and after start-up as we continued to make changes after going live.

Vorteile: The BestNotes team is fantastic and the software is flexible. Our program had a lot of requests regarding both form and function as we started implementation and the BestNotes staff was amazingly accommodating.
The BestNotes dashboard is easy to navigate.
There are items within the system that we can change ourselves, allowing ongoing and instantaneous development.

Nachteile: Unfortunately BestNotes can't do everything. For example it won't track dates without the user's specific intervention.

Lindsy H.
Billing Manager
  • Bewertet am 9.6.2020

"BestNOTes"

Kommentare: Overall, My experience has only been frustration with BestNotes. I would recommend another EHR/EMR when thinking about what would be best for your ENTIRE practice, from the front end to the back. Patient Check-in to the billing that goes out.

Vorteile: When thinking about what I like best about this product, it's difficult. The reason being is there are so many different ways it can be used by each provider/practice. the one thing I would be the "notes" system.

Nachteile: Being a third party biller who utilizes an EMR/EHR system, having a system that offers reporting, and easy to navigate options is a plus. BestNotes does not offer that. BestNotes makes it easy for providers to chart and customize ever field to tailor to the practice and provider needs but does not take the "billing" aspect of the practice into account.

von BestNotes an 12.6.2020

Hi Lindsy! Thanks for your review. I'm sorry your billing experience hasn't exceeded your expectations. I would love to connect for a short demonstration to show you all the features you're looking for. For example, we offer over 60+ out-of-the-box reports where 10 of them are dedicated to billing. We've also standardized the clinical and billing workflows using our "Profiles" of documentation. These profiles are created and maintained by our in-house clinical team and outside clinical advisory board. We keep documentation updated for you while staying in compliant with Joint Commission and CARF. In addition, we work with 30+ 3rd-party billing companies who enjoy free access to BestNotes. We also customize workflows and reports for billers like you. Please give us a call today so we can improve your experience! 855-489-1792

• Bewertet am 9.6.2020
Libby L.
Executive Assistant
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.12.2019

"Great Product"

Kommentare: With BestNotes, our organization is able to update and maintain client files in real time without the worry of if we have the most updated information on our clients.

Vorteile: BestNotes allows our organization to keep client records organized and manageable. I use the Reports feature most and find it helpful in pulling various data for the organization. Also, with the ability to find client census data across the organization with the click of a button is a huge timesaver!

Nachteile: BestNotes is very easy use. I do not have any complaints to mention at this time.

• Bewertet am 19.12.2019
Clinical Director
  • Bewertet am 11.4.2019

"BestNotes"

Vorteile: I enjoy that you can upload documents and have everything in one place. The individual and group case notes are simple and user-friendly. It makes documenting sessions easy.

Nachteile: It is not always so intuitive. I have had to train a few individuals on how to use and the same questions come up with the treatment plan and not always knowing if you push save and continue or next. It sounds simple but it is not always easy to go back and fix.

• Bewertet am 11.4.2019
Micah B.
CFO
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.11.2019

"Customizable, Great Tech Support"

Kommentare: Best Notes is affordable and helpful.

Vorteile: The costumer service with Best Notes is always both really helpful and available. They are available to walk you through a problem or educate on new features, without this- I would probably not recommend.

Nachteile: It's difficult to organize the chart and transfer records. When other programs are all using the same large MAR's the coordination of records is difficult.

• Bewertet am 16.11.2019
Katie S.
  • Bewertet am 22.5.2018

"BestNotes is worked wonderfully as an all inclusive EHR and Billing system when paired with Claim.MD"

Vorteile: I like that the software captures all claim data information and builds electronic HCFA 1500 claim forms with information input to BestNotes. This makes billing a seamless and streamlined process.

Nachteile: The software is susceptible to internet interruptions and can be slow loading from page to page. Certain client files and registers that are very large sometimes produce an error code when loading .

• Bewertet am 22.5.2018
Robert C.
Billing Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.7.2018

"Perfect for what we use it for"

Kommentare: I still currently use this daily.

Vorteile: Great way to organize patient files. It's easy to use and understand. Can be organized and separated by facilities (we bill for multiple facilities).

Nachteile: My biggest complaint is that the "quick list" only goes up to 7 and there isn't any customization to add lists. We use that to separate our facilities patients however we bill for more than 7 facilities.

• Bewertet am 19.7.2018
Joe R.
Partner
  • Bewertet am 22.8.2019

"Phenomenal Customer Service!"

Kommentare: Our experience with BestNotes has been phenomenal. The best part of the experience has been the customer service. Customer executives are always available, extremely knowledgeable, and super-fast to respond. We are very excited about BestNotes Fresh!

Vorteile: Very intuitive, easily customizable, reasonably priced, unbelievable customer service.

Nachteile: API limitations, inability to auto-schedule report exports

• Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Kenneth T.
Therapist
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.11.2019

"Looks Outdated, Works OK"

Kommentare: This EHR software is able to do scheduling, documentation, administration duties, all while being HIPAA-compliant.

Vorteile: The software is affordable and does offer a lot of different options for mental health practitioners needing an EHR.

Nachteile: The software looks very outdated and is not intuitive to navigate. It can be frustrating to look at and work with.

von BestNotes an 14.11.2019

Thanks for your feedback, Kenneth! We agree, our interfacing is aging but we have two exciting developments underway that will help. First, at the beginning of the year we will be releasing an update that will significantly improve the look and feel of BestNotes. Second, we're working on a brand new version from the ground-up. Once it's released, current customers will be grandfathered-in on pricing and enjoy all the new technology and workflow enhancements. We can't wait for you to see it!

As a reminder, you have unlimited training and support with BestNotes. If you're experiencing a problem with the workflow navigation - we would love to help. Send us an email at team@bestnotes.com or call our support line: 866-543-6646. Thanks again for your time and thoughts, Kenneth!

• Bewertet am 10.11.2019
Amy M.
Marketing Assistant/BestNotes Administrator
  • Bewertet am 25.3.2015

"BestNotes- Great Program. Great Partnership."

Kommentare: Engage first purchased BestNotes in late 2013. Kristen Francom has been our Implementation Specialist since then. She worked with us to set up BestNotes for our Intensive Outpatient Programs. Our company has experience tremendous growth within the past two years and Kristen at BestNotes has been right there helping get the most out of BestNotes. We appreciate that if there is a functionality of BestNotes that we need but is not in place she talks with the developer on our behalf to see if those needs can be met. BestNotes has helped us keep better track of our clients as well as get a better picture of how our community outreach is directly impacting our census. Ideally we would like Bestnotes to have the functionality to house both our private practice and program clients WITHOUT crossover but have been informed that there is not a way to do that at this time. It did take our staff a while to get use to how to use Bestnotes. Since BestNotes is a program that is used differently between companies there is not one standardized training that BestNotes can offer. They do have a help desk site that does answer many questions a user may have. However, we have created our own training documents that are specific to how our office uses the program. Overall we are very happy that with BestNotes we not only purchased a very useful and helpful program but also that we have experienced a partnership with Kristen Francom in making BestNotes work for us.

• Bewertet am 25.3.2015
Gary C.
Outpatient Treatment Director
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2019

"Thanks, BestNotes"

Kommentare: Not having to process hardcopies and keep large file rooms full of papers.

Vorteile: Effectiveness of usage. It was easy to train staff in usage.

Nachteile: not sure really. Everything was fairly user friendly.

• Bewertet am 11.12.2019
Francine B.
Compliance Officer
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

"RCA"

Kommentare: I like the ability to quickly run the reports I need on a day to day basis.

Vorteile: I like the ease of use of the program.

Nachteile: Learning how to use the software was a challenge.

Kassie H.
admissions specialist
  • Bewertet am 2.8.2019

"Very well rounded"

Kommentare: I have been pleased with this program

Vorteile: This is not only an EMR, but also can be used for marketing data

Nachteile: There are many things that have to be done manually

• Bewertet am 2.8.2019