CahabaWorks Review

Bewertet am 1.10.2018
Jinnia F.
Administrative Assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I appreciate Cahaba Works Church Software. It saves me time and whenever I have a question I can contact the office and receive assistance.

Vorteile: The Payroll features, and contribution features are very easy to use and save a great deal of time.

Nachteile: The only con I see is in dealing with the membership Roster. I have a difficult time printing out reports with the information I would like.

von CahabaCreek Software an 3.10.2018

Jinnia,
Thank you for your positive review of CahabaWorks. We are especially glad that Payroll and Contributions are easy for you to use as making these sometime tedious activities easy is one of our ongoing goals. Please feel free to contact support@cahabacreek.com with questions about your membership reports If you haven't tried filters and/or custom layouts.

Well-Rounded Software

Preneed Consultant, LFD/E, LIA
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a midsize church using the software for managing our membership records and tracking contributions. We use this package for our complete accounting system.

Vorteile: Easy navigation, very nice accounting and banking section, customizable notes for members

Nachteile: The occasional twitches of the screen (part of the working window will shrink on occasion. Also, the cost... it is a nice software package... but they say you are abusing paying for the "support". But when that date comes, our pretty much shuts your software down. Do, instead of passing an annual fee for support, you are really pursuing for annual usage of the software with a mandatory annual upgrade (i could understand if this were for a web-based software, bit not for a desktop software)

von CahabaCreek Software an 24.9.2018

Thank you for the positive review of CahabaWorks. We are pleased that you find the accounting and navigation features useful and that our support has been responsive to your needs. We are aware of the occasional screen blinks and have that issue on our current list of issues for development to pursue. As you noted, licensing does revert to the limited-feature FREE edition if support lapses. As it became more common for us to have to make changes to accommodate Windows automatic updates, we found customers remaining on old unsupported versions were creating a lot of inquires for problems we had already fixed; they simply needed to upgrade. This is one of the reasons so many companies are moving to the web-based model for software where they can more easily control updates.

A birdseye view from an accounts perpective

Finance Chair
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I would say it is a good system and has a great support team that has always been extremely helpful.

Vorteile: I like most everything about the system except for the reporting function which is described below. It is basically user-friendly and easy to use. The payroll function in particular is great. I personally do not do the contributions side but can attest to it being easy enough to figure out as I have had to post a couple of deposit transactions and was able to get it done with little stress.

Nachteile: I really struggle with the reporting functions. I need to be able to provide more detailed in depth reports that what are currently available. An adhoc reporting function would be helpful or at the very least having the ability to export more detailed information to excel. Another issue that I see is the fact that if you are in a fund account and want to see what has transpired you have a tab that shows activity which is nice but it would be helpful if it showed debits and credits as such. There should be positive transactions and negative transactions but what you see on the screen all look positive. Considering that a lot of churches have volunteer church members doing the financial work that may not be accountants or have a strong understanding of accounting it can cause problems.

von CahabaCreek Software an 20.9.2018

Thank you for taking the time to review CahabaWorks. We are pleased that our support has been excellent and that you find it user-friendly and easy to use; that is one of our primary goals. Although all reports can be exported to Excel, we acknowledge that the Microsoft Report Viewer that we leverage is not very user-friendly with the export format. We would like to get your specific feedback about the fund views to the development team; please email support@cahabacreek.com with more details on what enhancements you would like to see.

It is not controversial and easy to use.

Bewertet am 31.3.2019
CHECKIN
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Am using it for my church as church members database software.

Vorteile: What I like most is the quality of it, the fastness, use for using, the fact that you can save the picture of a member too.

Nachteile: The is absolutely nothing that i hate about the CahabaWorks. But the least about is the saving, how to save it.

von CahabaCreek Software an 3.4.2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to review CahabaWorks. We are glad you are pleased with the quality, responsiveness and ease of use. We are not sure about what you mean by saying that what you like the least is the "saving, how to save it". If you are talking about backups I want to be sure you know there is a File... Backup option on the menu that allows you to backup your data locally or to us. We also prompt at exit for you to backup. However, it is true that this is not a cloud solution and backups are not automatic. Please contact support@cahabacreek.com if I misunderstood your concern.

Smaller Midwestern hometown Church Review

Ed R.
Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As Pastor, I introduced this software to both smaller churches I lead. One received it well and as we transitioned to it, the older individuals took to the program and thanked me. The other church has taken longer to transition and have had a hard time making the jump to using it for more than membership tracking and financial giving. Either way, both congregations are finding the benefit of a simple, low frill program that meets the basic needs of smaller congregations. We lack internet speed so, this works well.

Vorteile: We liked the ease, simplicity and ability to correct mistakes of financial reporting of giving and spending. It was easy to see, easy to follow and easy to track our church giving. This greatly improved our understanding and tracking of designated money.

Nachteile: The area that has caused us the most problem is to get the budgeted items arranged in a way that the report shows in a manner that we budget. One issue is the way numbers are reported in the budgeted vs actual report. Admittedly, it could be something we are doing wrong in this area.

Ed,
Thank you for reviewing CahabaWorks. We are pleased you are happy with the overall quality, ease of use and features of our product. We try very hard to make a quality product that is easy for the smaller churches who often depend heavily on volunteers (often the pastor!). Please feel free to contact support@cahabacreek.com if you have any questions regarding how the budgeting reports work. There are a couple of options on the budget vs. actual report. It may be that you need to use a different option when requesting the report.

Eden Prairie MN

Susie J.
Full Charge Bookkeeper
Finanzdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: See above. The system is easy to use and affordable for a church on a small budget. It fills like the software was written but a non-accounting person.

Vorteile: Deposits are easy to enter. It's easy to make a change like moving the expense to a different account.

Nachteile: The reports. Todeay I tried to run a memorial account report to see who gave money and for what memorial. The only thing on the report was the name of the person giving and the dollar amount. No the memorial name or the date. There is only one report (balance sheet) that I run that I don't need to export and make adjustments to. When running committee reports I have to go into each account and print each page individually. Entering invoices and cutting checks have about 5 clicks to many. You can default one checking account and you can click all or a list of invoices to be paid you have to do it one at a time. There is no place for prepaid pledges.

Susie,
Thank you for your review of CahabaWorks. We're pleased that you are happy with the overall quality and ease of use of our software. I'm sorry you are having trouble with the reports. I checked with support and they are unaware of any outstanding issues. They answered some questions regarding Pledges and Campaign reports back in April, but don't show any inquires since then. In case an inquiry was lost in cyberspace, please email support@cahabacreek.com with any current issues.

CahabaWorks review

Bewertet am 24.9.2018
Glenda N.
Accounts Payable/Bookkeeper
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using Cahaba Works for over 7 years, and my overall experience with the software has been a good one.

Vorteile: I like that the software is easy to use.

Nachteile: I like the financial reports, but a few additional reports would be nice.

von CahabaCreek Software an 25.9.2018

Glenda,
Thank you for taking the time to review CahabaWorks. We are very happy that we have provided excellent value for your school in every category! We're especially pleased that you find the software easy to use, as this is one of our primary goals. Please feel free to send your suggestions for additional reports to support@cahabacreek.com and they will be added to our customer enhancement request list.

Our small church has used CahabaWorks for many years, and we are well pleased.

Bewertet am 1.3.2018
William H.
Finance Team Leader

Vorteile: When office personnel pay attention to detail, CahabaWorks can generate an amazing array of reports. These include membership as well as financial details. We really like the ease of creating backup files. The annual updates are most helpful.

Nachteile: A few of the fund categories are a bit restrictive. It takes a lot of experience to adapt the income and expense funds to your personal needs.

CahabaWorks Critique

Bewertet am 20.9.2018
Delonna H.
Office Administrtor
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: CahabaWorks is the only program that gave me everything I needed to run my reports. It's so handy to run the reports to give to our members for their tithes and offerings.

Nachteile: Some of the reports could be better when trying to get a total for financial information. I have separate records for departments and when reports are ran it can become a hassle. Now it could also be me in that I don't know how to separate the departments out or something.

von CahabaCreek Software an 21.9.2018

Delonna,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review CahabaWorks. We're so pleased that it meets the needs of your church so well! Send an email to support@cahabacreek.com with details of how you want to segment your department reports; there are some report options available that may be helpful to you.

OPINION

Vorteile: EASY TO USE AND MAKE TASK EASY SAVE TIME

Nachteile: THERE IS NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE FOR THIS SOFTWARE

von CahabaCreek Software an 6.9.2019

Marie,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with CahabaWorks. We are so glad you found the product easy to use and a time saver for your church. CahabaCreek Sales

Perfect for a church!

Jennie S.
Treasurer
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The overall experience with Cahabaworks is positive. It makes being the treasurer of the church and easier position.

Vorteile: The program is easy to navigate, and the features are great.

Nachteile: The ability to make a membership list with only active members. It would be great to be able to separate the membership roles.

Jennie,
Thank you so much for your positive review. We're especially glad that you are happy with the ease of use as this is one of our goals. BTW, you can use lookup filters to create custom membership lists (such as only active members). You can even name the filters and set the default. You can also leverage custom fields for filtering specialized lists. We'll send you a private message with a link to the documentation and video tutorials on this feature.

My thoughts on CahabaWorks Software

Tony M.
Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We can keep all giving records and are able to print reports and address labels from the file.

Vorteile: I like that that all of the members addresses are in one file and we have the ability to print labels directly from there.

Nachteile: It does take some time to learn the program.

von CahabaCreek Software an 25.9.2018

Tony,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on CahabaWorks. We are glad that you are pleased with the overall quality, customer support and the value for the money. We try hard to make the software easy and intuitive to use, so if you have suggestions on how we could have eased your learning curve, please send suggestions to us at support@cahabacreek.com.

Simple, Effective Church Management Software

Joseph V.
Volunteer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The software is fairly easy to use and pretty intuitive when it comes to figuring out reports and such.

Nachteile: Having used Quickbooks for ages, I wish that the software was more like Quickbooks, in that you can drill down to see specifics.

von CahabaCreek Software an 19.9.2018

Thank you for taking the time to review CahabaWorks. We are pleased that we are continuing to meet the needs of your church are especially proud of that 5 star customer support rating! This is always our goal. We will contact you privately to get more details on the type of "drill down" features you'd like to see in future releases.

Church Review

Jo a. W.
Treasurer
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Provides financial reporting data versus having to create spreadsheets.
Also the ease of access for auditing of financial records.

Vorteile: Ease of setting up financial and membership information,

Nachteile: I really at this point don't have any dislikes about this software program.

Jo Ann,
Thank you so much for your 5-star review of CahabaWorks! We strive for excellence in all categories, but are especially pleased that you mentioned the ease of use as a "Pro" as this has always been one of our key goals for the software.