Filtern nach:

Über Calyx Point

Darlehensmarketing, Vorqualifizierung, Vergabe und Verarbeitung für Hypothekenmaklerbüros und Direktkredithäuser.

Erfahre mehr über Calyx Point

R. curtis M.
R. curtis M.
System Analyst in USA
Tiefbau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Mortgage Loan Management Made Easy

Kommentare: I am a user and administrator. I have integrated stand alone and hosted systems on many occasions. I love the completeness of this application. I have not seen any other that has so much in one place. As a team manager Calyx Point makes my job easier.

Calyx Point has every single aspect of the mortgage loan process integrated into one application. I have used others in the past but none compare. They offer stand alone and hosted applications. This software can support a 2 person organization to 100s of loan processors with ease. Single point management makes managing the application seamless.

This is a large application and you have a lot of users you will need in house IT to support all of the integration. Although Calyx has great support you need someone to be there for day to day computing issues.

Gregory F.
Gregory F.
Vice President in USA

I shopped for better value (price and feature) systems, and didn't find any.

Point has been a mainstay of Loan Origination Systems for years. I've used several of the biggest name products (Encompass, Genesis, LendingQB) and Point offers some of the best feature/price balance available. It does NOT try to be all things - it's an LOS. Other sytems attempt to include CRM, and advanced marketing, and rules and engines, but for a small mortgage brokerage, there are better 3rd party tools to do all of that, and Point does a good job at playing well with others. Combined with a hosted server, it's very secure, easy to navigate, and integrates with all the major players in the space. It does have all of the necessary loan origination tools, it updated regularly to keep pace with changes in the industry, and it FEELS like you're entering data directly onto a paper loan application, so there is very little learning curve.

The interface hasn't been updated since 2004 - maybe longer, so it looks like software from the Windows XP era. It also doesn't know how to handle custom forms other than Word, or custom views or custom much of anything else. It's an installed application, with a lot of function, but if you're looking for something cloud-based, or infinitely flexible, this isn't it.

Stacey M.
Mortgage Compliance in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Works great....until it doesn't

Kommentare: We've used Calyx Point as our loan origination software for eight years. I wish it were cloud-based. The customer service/tech support is horrible. Occasionally I'll luck-out and get someone on the phone who actually understands what it means to be in customer service. That's great, but then they usually don't know enough about the software to help. They absolutely do not EVER reach out to let you know when they are experiencing an issue that directly affects your daily functions in the app. You must call in, and if you're lucky, they'll tell you there is a "known issue" they are working on. Again, there is NO communication that the issue has been corrected. Almost every update they send out introduces a new problem that then requires another update. I really wish there was a forum somewhere for Point users and admin to share notes and help each other, or at the very least share the misery.

Relatively easy set-up, lots of customizable options and interfaces with other vendors

Calyx Point us still not cloud-based. Customer service is absolutely terrible. Weird glitchy issues at times.

Kurt A.
President in USA

Terribel Customer support, Actually the worst I have ever been involved with

3 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I have a current critical issue with the software and its been almost a week and no one has even bothered to call about the ticket that was created. I've contacted them several times and they just don't seem to care. not the first issue, with the roll out of the new 1003 required, they did a horrible job and didn't even have it ready days after the dead line. If you ever run into issues with Calyx (and you will) you better have a back up because they are not dependable and you will likely need to call 10+ times to get anyone to respond. Simply put they don't care.

At one point they were the bets but they have fallen so far

They don't care at all about there customers.

Tera P.
BIC in USA
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Buyer Beware-Calyx IS NOT Worth Your Time & Money!!

Kommentare: When you call customer service, you can't get a human and in the chance that you sat on hold for the 45 min wait, you get someone that tells you they have to give you a ticket number and pass it onto someone who will call me back. When I do get a call back it's days later.

The only reason why I continued to stay is that Point is not 100% web based. Because of the rural area's that I tend to be on our island, I need to be able to work off line at times because of internet latency. But I'm no longer going to deal with that as I have pulled the trigger to move elsewhere after 19 yrs with Calyx.!!

Unreliable, unable to interface well with most all vendors, i.e. Freddie/Fannie, LoanSifter. Too time consuming to enter a loan. Won't auto populate from it's database/cardex as it did before the 1003 change, it wipes out asset info completely making you have to re-input over and over again when you run AUS or import a credit report. Hands down just not worth it anymore!

Cory R.
Vice President in USA
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Concerned

Kommentare: Product is typically adequate. Not sure that this is a good time to answer this question with the new URLA and all of the challenges that we are encountering and no ability to get it resolved due to poor service.

I have used Calyx software for 20+ years and find it easy to use

Customer Service is impossible to reach with the rollout of the New URLA. You wait on hold for extensive time and get put in a voice mailbox that it is full. You send an email and they direct you to call. Very frustrated with the service.

Laura K.
Admin in USA

Calyx Point is great!

Kommentare: Calyx Point is a great software for mortgage brokers/bankers, originator & processors to use. Great for reports with tons of different customizable options. Very user friendly.

The software is pretty self explanatory and easy to use. Features "Read Only" mode if multiple users are in a file at the same time so you don't have to worry about multiple save versions.

They update the software too often. Sometimes there will be 2 mandatory updates within a 2 week period, instead of just lumping both updates into one.

Lisa M.
Mortgage Broker in USA
Bankwesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

ONE WEEK and NO solution. In the past CP helped now we are getting MAJOR runaround!!!

Kommentare: Up until this week it has been average, after this week abysmal!

I used to like that it worked, now we cannot get ANY assistance in solving the issues we are having GETTING the product after being loyal to Calyx Point for 17 YEARS!

When it doesn't work getting Customer Service is awful. "there's nothing we can do" "no" "I can't help with that" WELL THEN WHO CAN? ugh!

Perry W.
Loan Originator in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Calyx Best Operating System for a LO

Kommentare: It was an easy fast and accurate way to take an application for a Loan Officer.

The easy to understand screens and the ease of tabbing to the next field.

There really was not anything that I did not like about this software.

Christian S.
Mortgage broker in USA

Junk Software

Kommentare: Horrible, this company should not be in business. I will be looking for new software.

I am comfortable with it since I have used it for 18 years.

There is no customer service, the software has multiple glitches and it takes days for their tech support to respond basically leaving your business non functional for days. You cant wait online for support at most times and they say they will call you back and hardly call back. So you have to take the time you are down and call repeatedly until you finally reach someone who may or may not be able to help you. The customer service is unbelievably bad. The software is less functional now then it was 18 years ago, there is numerous glitches, and the data does not carry over from one section to the other, so you have to reinput multiple line items when you switch pages.

Mark E.
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

WARNING: Potential for expensive software failure ... unresolved.

Kommentare: I use it in my daily business as a Mortgage Broker.

Old, ancient, familiar software. Interfaces well with Fannie Mae DO ... and credit reporting vendors. INKit e-signing is convenient yet potentially dangerous to Mortgage Broker's income.

Unstable ... data entered correctly does not always flow through to the critically important Loan Estimate (LE) ... yet their INKit system will then send out an incorrect Loan Estimate (LE) that could cost the Mortgage Broker $1,000's of dollars ... and worst of all ... they take zero responsibility for the accuracy of their software ... and choose to define the problem as "unkown" ... before telling the Mortgage Broker "too bad you lost money" using our product ... their corporate culture is as old & ancient as their software ... search for an alternative.

Sara S.
Closing Coordinator in USA

Calyx Point Review

It was easy to input information and run reports. The reports could be slow at times, but it depends on the data you are searching as well. All of the federal and state documents are included in Calyx and you can also custom make your own documents to print and have the specific file information you need automatically inserted.

I have not used Point Central, but feel that should be their basic platform used instead. It allows you to implement rules so things are not forgotten and missed. With Calyx Point base program you do not have these options.

Deborah H.
Marketing Manager in USA

Calyx Point is a pioneer

Kommentare: Calyx Point is an outstanding program and I highly recommend it to the mortgage industry.

Calyx Point has been around forever and we've been using it for so many years. It has always been a flawless program to use. We couldn't imagine business without it. Calyx always keeps up with the changing times. A must have for the mortgage industry.

At first like with most software there is a learning curve. It's not super complicated but you will have to get used to it.

Nitish B.
Associate Financial Analyst in Indien
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Morgage User friendly

Kommentare: It is very user friendly and it great software for mortgage originator and processors to use.

I liked that the screen and user interface are similar to the loan originator form. This also helps in keeping my client information in an organised manner. I like the ease of use once familiar and the ability to customize the loan originator system to your system.

Although easy to use once familiar but it has a steep learning curve that may cause some difficulties to new users.

Patti H.
Mortgage Specialist in USA

Calyx Point Software

Kommentare: I used this daily and loved the format and all the functions for mortgage origination.

I loved this software for originating mortgage loans! It's ease of use and step by step through the application process was the best for origination software in my opinion.

I liked everything about this software.

Ghostwriter, Editor, and Self-Publishing Consultant in Deutschland
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Calyx is the industry standard. I love it!

The majority of my mortgage origination and loan officer jobs have required familiarity with Calyx Point software. I have found it to be the industry standard.

The upgrades don't change the GUI or functionality much. However, even the slightest change takes a little getting used to.

Apple M.
mortgage specialist in USA
Immobilien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

My experience with calyx point is very good. Im using it almost everyday at work.

Kommentare: some of the benefits I get from this software are having my file organized and being able to have one file organizer and share it with the team.

what I like the most with this software is that it keeps records from my clients and help me organize my files. it is awesome that i can separate their profile to different folders i wish to have as long as it is connected with my computer's jungle disc.

what I like the least with this software is that it cannot filter if the clients name is already there by just saving it. i have to go to advance search tab and type the client's name in order to know if they are already there.

Taniya M.
Procurement Manager in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

General Use Review

Kommentare: Customer service is great and very helpful and informative.

Product does exactly as it says and quickly. Variety of new products always come available which are competitive.

Pricing options are limited. Get cornered with higher prices even when volume increases and have to use this vendor.

Ana maria C.
Mortgage Specialist in Philippinen
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I still have to learn much about navigating to this program though it is helpful in keeping info.

Kommentare: The best thing that we get here is the ratio of the client whether they are qualified for a mortgage loan and how much they can be qualified for. It is automatic once you enter all the details given by the buyer.

Since we are in a real estate business, getting the ratio of a client based on their income which are automatically computed in this program makes it easier for us to know how much will their closing cost be and so help the client prepare ahead of time.

It is a bit difficult to navigate on this software if you are not very much familiar. It took me weeks to familiarize myself.

Jason S.
Jason S.
Account Executive in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen

Calyx Point is a great simple loan origination software.

I like the ease of use and the ability to customize fields to customize the loan origination system to your business.

I do not like the non-cloud based system. The system also does not have a good indexing system for file names.

Romayeo E.
Loan officer in USA
Bankwesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Loan processing software

Kommentare: Was extremely happy with the product after switching from encompass

The ease of use for myself and my processor.

The initial training on the product was difficult.

Kim W.
Realtor in USA
Immobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Calyx Point in universally known and used

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Very easy to use and common with most mortgage companies.

If you are a mortgage professional this software is widely known and used. Very user friendly and it mimics the documents you use (1003, 1008, etc) Always a favorite over other programs. Use it in contract processing

It has been a while but the software rarely had glitches and I had no complaints whatsoever. I used it regularly for about 10 years in my home office and at a few different offices pre-2009

Robert S.
LOAN OFFICER in USA
Immobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

CALYX POINT IS AWFUL- RUN FOR THE HILLS

Kommentare: You cannot import a 3.4 which is very frustrating if you use a processor as most of us do. When changing figures the DTI calculation is incorrect most of the time. The company's customer service is awful. I reached out to their support team and they were supposed to call back. They never did. I have emailed support multiple times, they never respond. I would recommend looking into another program if you value your sanity and your time. Calyx Point is a waste of money that I am stuck with for at least another 6 months.

At this point I have nothing positive to say about this software.

The interface is not user friendly which was made worse by the implementation of 3.4. Considering the roll out of the URLA you would think they had no idea it was coming when in fact they had over a year to prepare.

Chris N.
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Used to be good

Kommentare: For 20 + YEARS it was satisfactory, few issues, but the last 2 months have been hell. Constant glitches and zero support. I've spent over an hour on hold several times, been forced to leave voice mails or messages several times (NOT ONE RETURN CALL OR e-mail, EVER. After being locked out for the last 24-hours it suddenly decided to let me back in.. question is what's going to break next and will it fix itself or will I sit here for days basically not able to even take a loan application? Likely time to move on and try a competitors product.

Full featured, when it works, which it has not been doing lately

Tech support is beyond AWFUL. Since 10.5 rolled out it is nearly impossible to get through to anyone but the answering service. Calls are not returned, emails are not responded to *(EVER)

Joan G.
Loan Officer in USA
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

SUPPORT BUSY = SOLUTION? = THEY HANG UP PHONE

Kommentare: Horrible product and worse support. It is sooooo bad that Desktop Underwriter has a section dedicated to Calyx (Not Byte or Encompass) to channel all those calls and tell you to call Calyx.

The logo of the application. The logo of the application. The logo of the application.

It is not designed with common sense. Only an idiot that has never done a single loan designed this. Poor labeling Section 1, Section 2, Section 3 (what is this???), horrible flow, poor planning (lots of functions not working such as importing all bank data saved on the previous version), total improvisation of the design team.