Indispensable Foundation To Our Productivity

Bewertet am 1.10.2019
Stephanie H.
Church and Service Coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We give our leaders full flexibility to utilize Trello, which has resulted in a lot of boards (list of lists, essentially). This is not overwhelming, however; the team knows how to utilize this system and, effectively, use this as a foundational means of communication. We use Trello to stay on track with yearly, quarterly, and weekly goals; we use Trello to plan events and coordinate all vendors, volunteers, supplies, and raw ideas; we even all use Trello in our personal lives, from making a weekly schedule, to meal planning, to gift managing!

Vorteile: What I love the absolute most about this software, is its malleable ability to record, monitor, transmit, and communicate an idea or task in every way necessary to our productivity. Tasks and ideas are easily moved between all necessary individuals and teams. Each member involved in the task is able to clearly communicate their progress along the way, and team members can watch other's progress leading up to their obligation. We use Trello to manage thousands of tiny micro-tasks, yet it all is cleanly and neatly organized to stay on-track and entirely avoid overwhelm.

Nachteile: At the moment, there is not a way to have the same card (task) on multiple lists/boards (the terms used by Trello to describe vertical lists and overall categories, respectively). You can make copies, but if one card is updated, the others will not also update. I understand the exclusion of this feature, but there have been many occasions where this would improve productivity and assist projects. For now, we simply make links to cards and boards.

Amazing software!

Bewertet am 7.10.2019
Lisa C.
Freelance Writer
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Excellent. Most people I know who have started using this software, myself included, quickly find that it is very useful in improving productivity and reducing stress. After using it for work I liked it so much that I now use it regularly in my personal life as well.

Vorteile: The learning curve is very small. The visual style is super helpful in managing projects. The amount of added features is vast and growing all the time. It feels very lightweight and easy/quick to navigate across multiple platforms and devices.

Nachteile: Would like to have swim lanes be an option. The recently updated reminder feature is nice, but I would like fully-customizable reminder options. Would be great to have a feature where if you mark a task as complete it can automatically be moved to a "Completed" column.

One of the best free project management tool

Bewertet am 28.9.2019
Murtuza B.
Design Consultant
Design, Selbstständig

Vorteile: The interface. I was looking for a free tool to have a track on my work and I hired bunch of people remotely but always having communication gaps. After finding Trello I found it super easy to learn it and get started. I immediately moved all my team to the software and started to create cards (tasks) for them. The best part is that I can collaborate on every single card and can put up the brief, links, files everything on one place. And above everything is checklist. Most of my cards have a to do list so having a friendly multi checklist feature in Trello makes me to stick with it.

Nachteile: Its hard to say but as I liked the interface mainly, there is one thing I didn't liked. Comments on the bottom. I used to have checklists and that's why comments section always go deep down. I prefer it to be on right side to make cards super collaborative.

Very user-friendly tool that improves project management!

Bewertet am 24.9.2019
John B.
Senior Program Manager
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our group began using Trello to replace spreadsheets for project tracking and the results have been amazing. With Trello, we can quickly navigate through multiple projects and also get an immediate, visual sense of the overall project status. Creating cards (a.k.a. "stories," "tasks," etc.) is very easy and includes extensive customization options. Notifications for any project updates can be delivered via email, desktop or push (iOS) and the frequency can be adjusted. Trello also utilizes what they call "Power-Ups" for integration with a variety of other 3rd party solutions. The Google Drive "Power-Up" has been especially useful as it allows us to attach files to cards directly from Google Drive. With an emphasis on security, Trello also includes session tracking and offers two-factor authentication for all price tiers. With a clean UI and very intuitive functions, Trello provides a great user experience.

Vorteile: - Creating cards (a.k.a. "stories," "tasks," etc.) is very intuitive
- Cards have an option to include a "Checklist" to easily track sub-tasks
- Function to "Copy" a card makes creating multiple cards quick and easy
- Clicking on your profile image displays a list of all cards currently assigned to you
- Menu includes an "Activity" section with a snapshot of all recent changes or updates
- Status "Lists" (columns) are completely customizable including quantity and titles
- Search function includes default options to quickly search by due date
- Option to pin the "Boards" list on the left side provides easy access to multiple boards
- Simple and easy integration with other tools such as Google Drive via "Power-Ups"
- Custom background images can be uploaded and set for each board
- Two-factor authentication is included in all price tiers
- Free version includes unlimited personal Boards and up to 10 team boards
- Extremely clean UI with a very nice overall look & feel
- Mobile app is extremely user-friendly and always in-sync

Nachteile: - Usernames apparently need to be globally unique across all of Trello (no one on my team was using "john" but I still got an error message that the "Username is taken")
- Clearing (or "marking read") notifications on the mobile app is a little confusing

Perfect for the Visual Planner

Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Amanda K.
Home Inspector
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I use Trello mostly for planning out my content on my blog and my content for social media. It has been a great place for me to make lists of ideas and brainstorm. I have also used Trello with collaborative groups, which has been really great and easy to use. I integrate everything into my Google Calendar so that I don't end up missing any scheduled tasks I need to complete.

Vorteile: I like that Trello is a planning system that works well for someone inclined to be more visual. Each category can have a series of cards below it for each individual item within the category. I love that I can add a link, image or color to each card to make it stand out and organize it even more. I also love that each board can have be categorized into various areas of my life. For example, I have a boards from anything to planning out my blog, to activities to do with the kids to brainstorming ideas for future work opportunities. I love that I can easily move the cards around and re-categorize them once they are done. Another amazing feature is that you can add these cards to a Google Calendar, which brings everything together for me and keeps me super organized.

Nachteile: I wish there were more features available and a little bit more customization within each card itself. This program also requires a little bit of a learning curve to find where all the features and add-ons for each card are in the menu.

Easy and Effective Project Management

Bewertet am 20.9.2019
Kathleen C.
Marketing Director
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When I travel and I have on-going projects in the office, Trello makes it easier for me to be aware of progress or problems. I get notifications on my phone when a team members adds to a project or task -- I can easily check it out and not get bogged down in an endless email trail! Overall, IO really enjoy using Trello and recommend it often. There are a lot of uses in addition to project management. I have a board for collecting and organizing recipes! So I use Trello for both work and personal use.

Vorteile: I use Trello to manage projects in a very busy marketing office. The ability to easily assign tasks, see progress and have all of this shared by a group is tremendously helpful. The simplicity of the user interface is great, along with the playfulness of the app -- from helpful hints from Taco to the "wiggle" of moving a task from In Progress to Done! And, of course this is all available on desktop and mobile devices. Two other handy features I use frequently are: creating a a card from a webpage via a bookmark and the "send to" on by mobile devices.

Nachteile: Because the software is so easy to use, I had the tendency to create a too many Boards and suddenly it was taking more time to organize all the various boards and lists I had created. But, taking a breath and thinking a bit more BEFORE setting up a project, made everything fall back into an orderly layout!

Ultimate multi-team work and work-flow tracking

Bewertet am 19.9.2019
Founder and CEO
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We started out using trello on their free plan for a single project as an experiment. This is how we've evaluated ticketing and tracking systems in past, but trello became so popular so quickly in 6 months we used it almost everywhere. It's UX is so well-designed that it enhanced our work productivity more than custom-reinforcement tools that had been built for other tracking systems. It works great for individual and team projects, and allows both mixing of teams and seperate teams as case may be. It has good security and notification, and it very reasonably priced. It has so many integrations (they have different word for integrations, i forget it something like buttons), there are constantly more things we could be doing with it. Butler plugin is particularly useful- again this does things that we have had to automate internally with other work tracking systems. The API we've started using extensively in the past 6 months, it's much easier than many vendors APIs and we've used it for everything from quick regular reports to automated notification, to management-like functions. Again some of these things we've done in other systems, but the card concepts are so well implemented they just work better and are more clearly to implement and have the eventual implementation very closely match the vision.

Vorteile: Beyond easy to use- it's actually fun to use, people want to move work through.
By embracing kanban it also encourages constant workflow.
The integrations it has are numerous and awesome.
The API is very flexiable and we use it extensively.

Nachteile: Not too much.
There are some annoyances like it doesn't support all of Markdown, which makes it harder to format things.
It's a bit tricky to apply same operation to multiple cards, without using the API.
This creates extra work, but once you know it you can frequently control it.
Mostly rare annonyances, some feature that isn't there yet.

Best once you get it

Bewertet am 9.9.2019
Aman S.
Scrum Master

Kommentare: This is an excellent software. A little difficult at the first but once you get used to it. It is easy and reliable.

Vorteile: This product is very useful for the users who want to organize their team working. The schedule and the team meetings. The user who are planning to organize sprint should use this software as it is very useful for sprint planning. I used it as Scrum Master to design product backlog

Nachteile: It is little hard to get used to when we first started using this software and it is also tricky when we use it with other applications.

Trello Does It Better

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
David Y.
David Yurkovich
Verlagswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've used Trello for more than two years. One of the nicest things about Trello is it is super easy to learn and begin using. There's very little in the way of a learning curve. The work space is clean and uncluttered, even if you create multiple cards. Another great feature is the ability to drag and drop cards from one board to another. This is very useful if you decide to create a board such as COMPLETED TASKS.

Vorteile: Trello is an excellent project management platform, also known as collaboration software. It is especially useful if you have multiple projects with numerous to-do items. Here's why: Trello uses boards. Think of boards as digital notecards. You can create a separate board for every high-level project. For example, I created a board named MARKETING 2019 to manage my marketing tasks for the year. Within this board, Trello enables me to attach cards. Each card is named for a specific task. So, I have cards for Trade Shows, Brochure Development, etc. Each card can have tasks assigned to it. So I can, for example, list all of my trade shows on the Trade Shows card. I can further list more granular tasks such as "Develop bannerstands" or "Reserve booth." Best of all, deadlines for all tasks can be added via a calendar feature, and it's easy to assign tasks to anyone who has been added as a user or admin.

Nachteile: There is little not to like. The application works flawlessly in this reviewer's opinion. It's super-easy to modify boards, cards, and tasks. The only shortcoming I can think of is there seems to be no way to export your data to Excel, which could prove useful for some. For me, it's not an issue.

Clean, Beautiful Workflows for Organized Pros

Bewertet am 24.8.2019
Erik M.
Graphic Designer
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am incredibly impressed with Trello and refer everyone I know who needs a team collaboration platform. Trello offers everything I need to organize my current and future projects quickly and efficiently. Many thanks to the developers for delivering a world class product with excellent customer service.

Vorteile: I wish I knew about Trello WAY sooner. It has improved my workflow and increased my productivity tenfold! You can add columns for categories like "To Do, Doing, Waiting on Feedback, Done, etc", add labels for color coding your cards, and add team members to individual cards. Your members will stay updated on any activity via email updates if desired so you never miss an update. You can easily add images and files directly to your team mates where they can comment, suggest edits, and have a database of files to refer back to if needed.

Nachteile: I would enjoy having the option to send an email directly to team members or groups on a specific card and the ability to view different boards at once. Aside from those features there is nothing I would change! Trello is incredibly robust and offers everything I could ask for in terms of workflow organization and collaboration.

One word: Simple.

Bewertet am 19.8.2019
Clay A.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use Trello to organizing my bugs and features. Its easy to put the most important things on the most important list, and put the most important card at the top of the list. This gives me clear direction. And I have access to Trello on my phone or any computer, so I can add cards no matter where I am when i think of something that needs added. I used to keep track of these things using an actual bug tracking software, but it just took too many steps to do the same thing I am doing with Trello. The best thing about Trello, it can be used for so many purposes, so once you get used to the software and create an account, you can easily just create another board for project management, feature requests, and just a plain old to-do list.

Vorteile: I love how simple it is. We use kanban boards at work through Microsoft TFS, but the complexity kills the mojo a bit. I use Trello as my bug tracker and development pipeline since I am just a single developer working on my projects, and it works perfect for that. Trello follows the KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid), I can tell! Just create a board, add a list, and add cards. Very easy, very simple, and very customizable.

Nachteile: I wish there was a better search feature. When I search for text, I wish it would show me on the board where the result is... maybe when I click the result and scrolls to show me the card, so I can then drag it to another list if I want. Right now the search result show me the card and hide all the others, but by doing that I cant drag to reorder it.

Trello for Volunteer Recruitment

Bewertet am 31.7.2019
Randi T.
director of operations
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Trello solves the problem of tracking people through various stages of recruitment all while keeping their information & notes neatly contained w/ that individuals card.
For us, the benefits are that we can quickly glance at the overall picture and know where everyone is in the process and where we need to focus. It has also helped us w/ our staff in that we can set up cards for everyone w/ their growth plans, family information, and more so as leadership,​ we can do a better job at connecting w/ people​ and helping​ them grow as leaders.

Vorteile: Trello is a game-changer for our non-profit when it comes to recruiting volunteers. We have a multi-step process including leads, applications, interviews, & acceptance levels. Tracking all of this use to be overwhelming & we definitely let things fall through the crack. Now w/ Trello we can create cards for each individual and let them "travel" through each step/list as they continue through our process. Everything stays w/ the card from their original​ application, to their picture to other details we may need to follow up on in person. It's truely helped us save time and stress.

Nachteile: I do think there is a bit of a learning curve as Trello is very different than​ other task management system I have used and so teaching others has been a bit of a shift but as we have used it (like anything else in life) we have gotten better at teaching it and explaining it. We do wish there was a button that could condense​ everything down so you could see more of your list at once. We find ourselves scrolling a lot of just having to shrink our screen size down to get an overview. Another option would be if the list size was able to be adjusted as some​ don't need as much space as is given. But otherwise,​ we love it and are so happy to have found Trello.

Trello for efficient project management

Bewertet am 28.7.2019
Yuri P.
Director Of Operations And Business Development
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: With Trello we identified our tasks priority and that helped us to increase productivity.

Vorteile: Trello helps to organize tasks efficiently. With Trello you can build up multiple boards in order to follow the different tasks deals. With Trello you can distribute your documents with your team. It has well integrated with the google docs which is very useful.

Nachteile: I wish they could add spellcheck to the software. The storage is limited which makes it hard to work on large projects. Sometimes takes time to upload a file. Also would be really pleased to get availability to work on offline mode as well.

Incredibly useful task planner

Bewertet am 28.7.2019
Handel H.
Videographer
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall since implementing, the entire team has grown in efficiency of task planning. We are getting more accomplished with this program. We are all very happy with its use despite the drawbacks listed.

Vorteile: The "card" system is innovative and highly efficient. The ability to see all your tasks allows you to prioritize and organize what to accomplish. Overall runs smoothly with a very clean user interface. It is easy to use and requires little to no training. Tasks can be assigned to multiple people, and can be checked off as "completed" by whomever - making tracking and rewards a breeze. The calendar plugin is very helpful. The use of plugins is incredibly useful as well.

Nachteile: There are several lacking features. There is no ability to set a time-stamp on a project, (how long it will take) outside of using the calendar feature. You cannot assign an approximate time to complete a project. Also there is no messaging function, only "comments". This is very limiting. Also, there is no way to divide cards and tasks under a single person. A single person will only have all their tasks in a big pool, color labels help but do not break it up making it easy to read. When a card is archived, who knows where it goes, it vanishes really. no ability to delete cards.

Effective organization through limited options

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Cory S.
Web Content Developer
Schreiben & Editieren, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: On an individual level, Trello is a great organization and task-tracking tool. It also works well for content deployment planning, and for smaller team collaboration. It is difficult to scale to larger teams or departments.

Vorteile: Trello is extremely intuitive and easy to use. The creation and sharing of multiple workspaces also allows for easy communication and interaction with all members of an individual team. The small amount of features (in the free or lower price-tier options) works as a benefit to its ease of use.

Nachteile: It is not as fully featured as other project and task management options. Depending on your team's specific use case, these limitations may act as barriers for what could be easily achievable using other systems.

Trello For A Small Marketing Agency

Bewertet am 20.6.2019
Account Strategist

Kommentare: We use Trello for project management at a small advertising/marketing ageny.

Vorteile: The ease of use - the whole process of making cards and boards is very intuitive and user friendly.

Nachteile: The only thing I didn't like about the software was the lack of creating dependency on other cards - IE if there is a campaign that needs to be set up, but first a graphic designer needs to create a design, there isn't a great way to automate the campaign creation card to be assigned when the designer has completed their card. Trello has checklists, tagging, etc. that can be used to overcome this, but it's not as smooth as it could be.

Can't live without it!

Bewertet am 7.6.2019
Tiffany Y.
Executive Virtual Assistant
Vorstandsbüro, Selbstständig

Kommentare: As a Virtual Assistant, I work with variety different types of businesses and business owners - Trello is customization to everyone's needs. I keep my clients organizes, Trello keeps me organizes. It is 100% customization, which is so important to me. It is the EASIEST organizational tool I have been able to find. It is the external hard drive for my brain, my filing cabinet, my to-do list, notebook and client communicator. It can do it ALL. I tried several systems to keep my business and my clients businesses organized. After I found and learned Trello, I migrated everything over. I utilize it to organize social media designs and posts, track progress on projects, give and receive approvals for documents, track passwords, website URLs, referal codes/links. Personally I organize my rental properties information and history, keep track of my family's medical history, calendars, gift ideas, book recommendations, to-do lists and more. My spouse and I use it to communicate and track long term goals and projects. I utilize it in my volunteer work as well. Keeping notes on individuals, their strengths, contact information, projects they have or are working on. Upcoming events, budgets and ideas for future activities. Trello is my digital purse and my brain's external hard drive!

Vorteile: It can do it ALL. It is SO customizable. I LOVE being able to copy/paste images into a card and attaching documents. This is a HUGE bonus compared to other programs. It's free version is robust and makes it simple on-board my clients to use it without myself or them paying additional software fees (Although typically they have become hooked and upgrade) The app is as strong as the desk top version. I love not losing functionality when I'm on the go.

Nachteile: There is a learning curve. You have to give yourself time to understand how it works and create a system that flows with your needs. There are SO many ways to use Trello, that at first glance, it can seem like there are too many options, but give it time, watch a few tutorials, or download some templates and you'll be on your way!

Great app for young startups with less number of employees

Bewertet am 20.5.2019
Shaily B.
Software Engineer
Immobilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use trello on a day to day basis. My team sets the priorities right in the cards for all the allotted cards and then start the day.
It's a great tool which can be used optimally by a small team with individual boards for all the different modules having separate cards for all the features. I'll highly recommend this tool to a team of not more than 20 people.

Vorteile: - The app is really easy to use and pretty much self explanatory.
- The User Interface is really user friendly.
- I personally like the email notifications I receive for all the tags the most.
- Also the best part about it is that we can set the priority level of any card to be picked up next
- Really great for a young startup with an employee strength of 10 - 15.
- The filters are really cool

Nachteile: - It becomes difficult to manage cards with trello boards once the company size grows.
- Difficult to manage a trello board with a lot of cards added to it.
- The features like adding Expected time to completion for a task, adding the completion percentage of an individual card can be more helpful.

Trello - how to better organize your live and team

Bewertet am 20.4.2019
Daniel P.
Content creator
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love Trello and any tool that saves time. Trello helped my team to collaborate effectively and I am fully satisfied with its features. I use it even for personal projects and it helped me to better organize my entire work.

Vorteile: I have been using Trello for a year. My current status - if it isn't on a Trello board, it doesn't matter! Trello is a great team management tool that considerably streamlines the work within an agency. However, I use it even for personal projects - yeah, I keep track of my fitness stats on Trello.
What did I like the most about this software? First of all, the onboarding process is simple even if Trello is a complex tool. I signed up for an account, I spent a few minutes to familiarize with boards and lists, and I started to work with my team. Congrats to the designers that created such a user-friendly interface.
Second, Trello is my favorite tool because I can perfectly collaborate with my team. The manager assigns tasks in my list, my colleagues add contributions via cards and I set up the deadline and start working on the project. No more annoying emails, no more useless Skype calls and the work of our team is perfectly synced.
Third, Trello helped me to better organize my personal stuff. For instance, a blogger shared his AI Trello board. I save much time by using that board; indeed it was the effort of that person, but Trello allowed sharing his outstanding work. I keep track of my fitness progress with Trello and I developed a solid plan for a new personal project - an AI blog. Wrapping up, everything is simple to organize with Trello.

Nachteile: Nope. I have tried for almost 10 minutes to remember something that I didn't like about Trello and I don't have any cons.

More than just virtual sticky notes, a great way to manage To Dos.

Bewertet am 11.4.2019
Matt T.
Director of Information Systems
Druck, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used Trello for many years for managing projects and To-Dos for IT scrum processes, and I honestly don't know what I would do without it - it really does help keep everything organized and running smoothly.

Vorteile: We use Trello for managing our software development in a Scrum workflow. We have separate boards for backlog items, current sprint items, and completed items. We utilize the scrum for trello add-on that gives us the ability to add estimates and actual work time spent on each card. This gives us a simple list of items to manage that Trello makes very easy to move around. It is hard to explain exactly how great this makes managing the workflow, but it is all centered around how easy Trello makes it to use their software. You can litterally just click into an item and start typing and then click to drag and drop that item around. The super simple interface that eliminates the need for training on the tool is what is really great about it. Keeping the interface simple and easy to use builds instant adoption from users across the organization. To top it off, the free version of this software is very functional - eventually you will want to purchase for extra features like active directory integration, but it is great that they let you use a very functional feature rich version of the software at no cost for an indefinite amount of time.

Nachteile: My only complaint, and this is more of a feature request than a complaint is when you have a large number of cards it would be nice to group cards and be able to view or manage cards in a group. Sometimes we have several items that are tied to an epic, and when something changes related to that epic you need to visit and update each card. We keep track of these with careful naming of the cards that includes the epic name, but it would be nice to have a more integrated way of managing these groups of cards.

Trello is a great way to organize personal and/or business lists/tasks/projects.

Bewertet am 6.4.2019
Matt M.
business owner
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall we use Trello to track our active project/job status and information and share it with our project manager who is out in the field and uses Trello on his company iPad and mobile phone. It instantly updates on all devices when we make any changes which is great since we attack a work order PDF to each project for our manager to view in the field so he knows what the job entails.

Vorteile: The basic version of Trello is free to use and it allows you to share your boards with 1 other user. We use a board to track jobs for our small business by making a card for each separate job. I love the simple layout and easy drag and drop option to move a card from one column to the next to track the status (we use columns such as Ready, In-progress, & Complete). The cards show very basic information to keep your Trello board (screen) streamlined and easy to view. Then when you click on a card, you get additional information such as notes, images, documents, etc. You can even type messages back and forth with whoever you share the board with and they will get an alert on their device to know they have a new message. Trello works really great on computer, tablet, and mobile. I use it regularly on each. Also, the ability to make a checklist and be able to check off items once they are complete for each project is awesome.

Nachteile: There isn't much to not like about it, but I do wish it had a numerical value input option that could be used to calculate a numeric value of all boards in a column (such as hours or dollar amounts). However, there are options to upgrade your Trello subscription either by paying a minimal monthly fee. Sharing Trello with other people and getting them to sign up can also earn you some free upgrades.

My Life is Beginning to Revolve Around Trello

Bewertet am 2.4.2019
Nigel masimba R.
WordPress Developer

Kommentare: Trello helps me plan both personal and business tasks, using a single account. I use it mainly for a simple "to do", "doing", "done" project boards. Additional panels that I have used include a duty roster that stayed mostly static and was moved from user to user depending on Because it's free I get to use it with little worry of being locked out. When I was first introduced to the concept of the kanban board I looked around for alternatives to Trello. Eventually, I returned to Trello because I found it to be the better option. If my work paid more I'd definitely upgrade to the premium tier and enable at least a few of the features I'm currently locked out of!

Vorteile: Trello is free to use for basic functionality. Integration with third-party applications like Slack greatly improves the experience with Trello You can use Trello for both organising both business and personal tasks ( On separate boards, of course. ) The free tier of Trello allows teams to collaborate on boards. It also allows boards to be set to public, a useful feature when working on a local community project or open source project where there are stakeholders who want to see progress other than the team members. Trello sometimes upgrades your account to the premium level whenever you invite a large number of users. That's a great incentive to get people to use software that they will likely enjoy using. It's an excellent tool when team members are in a distributed work environment, as team members can collaborate without needing to see each other.

Nachteile: Project web pages sometimes give an ambiguous error message when you try to open them while logged out. I would like to automate some tasks. For example, if there is a card that moves between two panels daily at certain times of the day, I'd like to have it just notify that the due time has been reached, and for me to just approve the reset, instead of open Trello and go and manually reset the card. It's hard to describe exactly what I mean without a visual aid.

Great tool for managing team tasks

Bewertet am 2.4.2019
Jason W.
Sr. IT Support Engineer
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I find Trello to be an excellent tool for team collaboration and tracking. Its ability to integrate with other services helps keep the whole team accountable, and ensures that we all have access to the information and resources we need. If you need a free or low cost way of working with teams, you can't do much better than Trello.

Vorteile: Most of my usage for Trello is in the context of film and writing projects, working with teams of fellow students at UCLA. Beyond that, I've also used it extensively on my own projects working with other teams to create various kinds of content, ranging from writing to the full suite of production responsibilities. What's great about Trello is that you can use it in a variety of ways, with a fairly deep level of granularity. Using their card system, it's easy to define top level projects and then layer in a hierarchy of tasks necessary to achieve those projects. Subtasks can be assigned on an individual basis, and it's easy for team members to communicate their progress in a very simple interface. Trello is also extremely flexible to use in part because of the breadth of its available apps. Whether you're working from Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, or even just a web browser on pretty much any OS, you can keep track of your work and progress easily and cleanly. The Android app supports widgets of various kinds, and several third party options further enhance this capability, with prices ranging from free to a few dollars. Last but certainly not least, Trello can integrate with a number of other services, including Slack, Microsoft Teams, Adobe XD (great for artists to track their own work progress!), Skype and bluejeans for meetings, and many more. As with all such services, some integrations are free, others paid, but you have lots of flexibility

Nachteile: The only real issue I've found with Trello is that when signal is an issue with your mobile device, some of the apps can be a little flaky. Rather than having a local caching mechanism it appears to rely predominantly on the cloud being accessible. This makes sense to a certain extent: by doing so, they reduce the risk of sync conflicts when multiple people update the same tasks. Still, it can be frustrating if you're in a spot where you could get some work done, but your connection is sketchy.

One of the few tools that I would recommend to everyone

Bewertet am 21.11.2018
Owner, Digital Marketing Consultant

Kommentare: Overall, Trello has been great for organizing ideas, systemizing processes, and also for collaborating with clients even when we house a project in another PM tool.

Vorteile: First off, let's talk about how well-built Trello is. Trello runs very smoothly, and quickly, across various platforms. There is no struggle that comes along with using Trello, which is why I recommend it to almost everyone, for any thing imaginable. Furthermore, there is hardly a learning curve. Trello creates lists and cards just as a person would in the "real world," so getting started is a breeze. - Fast. Trello is very fast.
- Easy to use and set up.
- Very flexible. Trello alone can do a lot, but once you start incorporating the many (MANY) integrations and "power-ups" available, Trello becomes unstoppable.
- The mobile app is superb. Everything you can do on the web app, can be done in the mobile app. And again, it is very smooth and seamless betweeen the platforms.
- Customizeable. Not only can Trello lists and cards be used to your liking, but you can also customize your background image and add stickers to cards. This makes for a comfortable workspace.
- Due dates, assignments, comments, file storage, checklists, etc. The list goes on. Trello has it all.
- Trello is FREE. However, if you want to be a power user, you can upgrade to Business Class. Business Class is reasonably priced and definitely worth the upgrade.

Nachteile: There are few cons with Trello, but there are always cons with everything. So, without further ado: - Linking cards between boards still lacks in simplicity. With business class (the premium Trello membership), you can create board groups. Grouping boards helps with organization, but there is still a clear disconnect between boards.
- Simple image editing tools are not available, but would be of great value. You can't even rotate an uploaded image that is sideways... that's unfortunate.

Perfect for Project Management

Bewertet am 13.11.2018
Katie D.
Project Coordinator

Kommentare: Trello has really helped my company keep projects and design requests organized. We are able to connect directly with our graphic designer and collaborate with team members even when we aren't in the office. It's been simple for new users to learn so we don't have to take extra time out of our schedules to train and learn. It also helps with the communication throughout our design team and revising designs and projects as we go.

Vorteile: I love how easy it is to use this software. Everything stays organized on individual cards and can be sorted into different boards. It helps our different teams and graphic designer keep track of different projects and the progress of each one. Unless purposely deleted, everything stays put. I've been able to scroll back through different projects over 2+ years and find exactly what I'm looking for. The search option is amazing. If I'm looking for a project but can't remember exactly what the project was titled, I can do the keyword search. So if I'm looking for a specific shirt design, I can put in keywords that I know were used for that project, and get a list of projects with that keyword. Simple, but so helpful. Trello is so easy to use! It only took me a few minutes to get the hang of it and I felt like a pro right away. So many of my coworkers find it incredibly easy to use as well. Because of this, it helps save us time training people and taking away fro other projects they are involved in.

Nachteile: After approximately 2 years of use, I cannot find any negatives to this software. Sometimes it is overwhelming having multiple projects going at once and having so many notifications to sort through, but that isn't a negative of the software itself- just a reflection of how busy things can get!