Good choice for our church!

Bewertet am 9.9.2019
Linda K.
Director of Finance
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, we're highly satisfied bringing our membership database into online world of cloud technology. Support at Shelby has been outstanding, and while some issues may not be immediately addressed (such as items which would be in an update), we're kept in the loop, and updates to address gaps and shortcomings do happen. We appreciate the online Shelby Community portal as well.

Vorteile: The browser based platform allows the user to drill down and open multiple screens, very useful for processing donations, confirming gifts, membership status, and updating donor info on the fly. Workflows and interactions give our pastors a road map for following up with members and prospects, whether a desire to join our church, an upcoming surgery, or other needs - no one falls through the cracks, and communication is noted. Groups makes managing and communicating with specific classes, study groups, even our elders and deacons much easier, and all our employees have the same listings. Also, we use ShelbyNext Forms extensively for event registrations and tie it in to ShelbyNext Online Giving. We can design the forms not only for the registration itself, but can include info such as food allergies, special needs, medical issues, emergency contacts, and even additional shirt purchases for children's and students' events. I would bet that our IT guru appreciates not having to update software all the time, one of the benefits of cloud software.

Nachteile: The most noticeable shortcoming, to me, is the inability to see who received group emails and contribution statements via email, who didn't, and which emails bounced back as invalid for whatever reason. It's impossible to get correct emails from members and prospects when you're not aware that the email you have is invalid. I understand this is being addressed, but it should be a priority. There's a learning curve to ShelbyNext Membership, although I believe there would be with any software other than basic membership management for a small organization. Both our Membership Coordinator and I are still learning nuances and new ways to handle things.

Shelby Membership Module Overview

Bewertet am 21.8.2019
Larry S.
Accounting
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's just been good. As with any new system, there is some learning curve but, for the Membership Module, it's been a rather soft curve.

Vorteile: It's a really solid product overall. The best features are it's ability to easily enter, edit, combine or delete member records. The combining of duplicate records is ESPECIALLY useful. It transfers all information, including giving information, to the chosen record and misses nothing. Again, an excellent tool indeed. Plus, the entire package is just user friendly. It doesn't require indepth instruction to use and find needed information about an individual member, a group or team, and so on. Finally...the email function that allows emailing end of year giving statements is excellent.

Nachteile: I cannot really identify a significant downside to this software package. It simply does the job in an efficient, easy fashion.

ShelbyNext review

Janet S.
Administrative assistant to the Lead Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Benefit is the interactions section. Great to be able to record interactions with congregants right after you connect with them so that the next person who meets with them can be up to date on the situation.

Vorteile: It is cloud based. Our congregation can log in and edit their own record and see their own giving. The calendar, form creation, check in and email service are part of the package. I think the forms work the best of most any aspect of the system. Used to use Jot form, Constant Contact, PlanningCenter, and EMS for forms, emails, check in, and calendar. Now just one system.

Nachteile: So many small things that don't quite function the way we would like. None of the systems that I mentioned above : forms, calendar, email, check in - work as well as the individual systems that we used before. Forms is the closest to Jotform, but the other 3 do not function as well as the prior system we used. Too many things for me to list them all: Constant contact - we could see data regarding how many people opened our emails and quickly see who unsubscribed and whose email bounced. EMS - easier to add repeating events and still skip a week in the middle. Custodians can't seem to master the digital calendar and much prefer the printed version that was available through EMS. Check in is constantly changing. And nothing about it seems intuitive. They also don't have a "check out" options which we used in Planning Center. Many more little things that add up to a system that works OK but not great.

Almost Great

Bob W.
Minister of Operations
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Before we migrated to the ShelbyNext Cloud platform, our ministers and staff never had current data and it was always difficult to follow-up so the database was not updated. Now, if the users perform as they should the data is always updated and communication between ministers, staff and members has increased by 100%

Vorteile: The portability and distributed nature of the cloud database keeps everyone on the team and in the church connected and up to date. There is ongoing enhancement that helps make the product more user friendly. The security of the data and the ongoing updates and the redundant backup process reduces in-house IT staff time.

Nachteile: The giving reports are not accurate. When you run a demographic of givers from three years ago against current date, the current data is wrong. The program does not look at the dates. We live in a complicated world and we must be able to show through reporting tools how the giving is coming in to the system. Shelbynext does not do this well.

Overall, the database & information it holds has been beneficial to us.

Bewertet am 8.6.2018
Amy S.
Finance & Membership Specialist

Kommentare: It is a great program for database information. It is not perfect, but I don't know a program that is. Shelby Next has been very beneficial for our church, and the ability we now have to communicate with & keep track of our membership.

Vorteile: 1- We like the accessibility on mobile devices. 2- Allowing various users to have access to specific groups has been great in terms of communication & attendance. 3- Overall appearance & ability to view information have been enjoyed by our users. 4- Search tools have been very useful (except that we cannot easily report once the search is completed).

Nachteile: 1- Reporting options are very limited so the data has to be manipulated through Excel. This is not easily done by most of our users, so the burden of reporting rests on one individual. It would be nice if reports could be run right out of Shelby including the data fields the user chooses. 2- We have 'snowbirds' and the use of 2 addresses is not precise at this time. We do input addresses with corresponding dates, but the system isn't recognizing them when it reports on individuals. 3- Running a list for contribution envelopes was very simple in v5. The report in Shelby Next has to be completed by exporting a list to CSV & then manipulating data. 4- In Contributions, when we choose 'Group Giving with Family', ShelbyNext doesn't default to one report for the entire family (or couple) so contributions have to be transferred, or 2 reports are created. In Shelby v5, when this option was chosen, donations had to be inputted under the "Primary" member of the family. It didn't allow us to put it under a spouse in this situation. Again, this has required 'clean-up' on our part, which could be avoided if the program was more precise.

Good membership management for churches that need more than just the basics

Bewertet am 29.5.2018
Matt H.
Lead Software Engineer

Vorteile: It's entirely web-based, so it can be used anywhere. It comes with mobile apps for major mobile device platforms, so getting to data when not at a computer is easy. Creating individuals and adding them to families is simple and the UI is fairly pleasant to use. The integration with Shelby's giving/donation service works well and the software allows members to see their giving in simple, easy to view reports. Every action by staff and admins is logged for accountability purposes. Access to various parts of the system can be controlled granularly, so administrators and staff can see only what they need. For example, giving records can be limited so that only business office members can view them. The system also supports groups: public and private alike, so members can self-join public groups, but in other cases can't even see certain groups. This is helpful for organizing membership in various ways. Reporting is also fairly straightforward so staff can grab quick stats on various aspects of the membership. Reports can also be locked down according to what each staff member should be able to see.

Nachteile: There's no support for custom domains (e.g. "members.mychurch.com") Reporting is too simple in many cases and there's not enough customizability for the data that the system can hold (e.g. being able to generate a report on which members are missing photos). Volunteer management is still very limited / non-existent. Churches that need to see a high level view of which members are doing what should probably look elsewhere. Scheduling conflicts between various areas of ministry is not yet trackable. The calendar functionality leaves much to be desired. There's some good stuff in place around being able to request availability of rooms, equipment, etc, but it's all silo'ed into the proprietary calendaring system. There needs to be support for managing events through Google Calendar or similar external systems that might already be integrated into the ministry. There are rough spots to the UI, especially around searching, viewing member photos, and generating reports. The giving integration aspects are nice, but I wish they were more tightly integrated. I wonder how many ministries actually use a different giving solution? Overall, it would make more sense for members to be able to give from one portal rather than having a separate offering.

Great Product

Bewertet am 7.9.2019
Jodi K.
Kids Program Coordinator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Having the ability to access this program without being hardwired to the database has changed everything for us. And the apps make it easy to make changes quickly and easily on the fly. Overall we are so pleased with the capability of all the faucets and Shelby Next.

Vorteile: We have a big church and have thousands of congregants - Shelby has allowed us to create a more personal portfolio for each of them. It's hard to know them all individually - but shelby has helped us disciple to each of them on a level that meets them where they are - because we can in real-time track their attendance, giving, small groups, classes and their prayer requests. It's revolutionized our congregational care - among many other wonderful ways it's served our church.

Nachteile: I don't work with the financial part of the program - but I do know there were some crossover issues from the old Shelby that made the integration challenging. Although, once it was completed, it's worked seamlessly.

Huge step up from Version 5, user friendly, but could still use a few more tweaks to make better

Bewertet am 17.8.2019
Alisha B.
Administrative Assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I would save over all it has been great. Again there are a few things I would like some help with, but I would pick this program again. I hope that it continues to improve! I would like to see a way for "notes" to be save on to a persons account or to list old phone numbers, emails, or addresses.

Vorteile: How user friendly it is and that it is on the cloud. I love that all of our staff can have their phones in their hands and get church members info without having to be connected to our server or at their computer. As the Administrative Assistant this has saved me SOO much time! I also like the forms - but its also the thing I think needs some work. I love being able to attach events and classes to profiles easier through the forms.

Nachteile: That everytime someone submits a form a new profile is made. I have called customer service about this so many times and I have never recieved a return call. I also think the calendar could use some work - Its not as user friendly as everything else. I was told that we could put the calendar on our website - but I still haven't found how to do that... and again, customer service hasn't called me back about that either.

Very Happy With ShelbyNext

Jennifer D.
Comptroller
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We love that it is cloud based and accessible through our phones, laptops and tablets. Once we got through the conversion and learning curve, we all really like the functionality of Shelby!

Vorteile: For me the connection between Membership & Financials makes my work seemless!

Nachteile: Changing from another software to Shelby had it's challenges but I think all conversions do! The way Shelby does not really 'track' visitors for reporting or historical purposes has also been a challenging change for us.

Shelby Next Pros and Cons

Pam O.
Office Manager/Asst. to Senior Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: That it is cloud based, love the app and being able to use the software where ever I happen to be working. The overall look of the site is fresh and fairly user friendly. Easy to get around and update profiles. Check In was not an option with V-5 so that has been a nice feature. We love the ability to create forms as well, really has helped us with many events.

Nachteile: Reports!! Headers, dates, reliability of the data is really poor. V5 gave us way more options for creating and saving reports that are used regularly. The Directory feature needs work as well. Would like the pre-set configurable fields to be more flexible.

ShelbyNext | Membership Review

Tabitha F.
Church Secretary
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: ShelbyNext | Membership is my "baby" at work (minus the financial keeping of Shelby). Whenever someone needs training or needs help, they come to me. I love explaining the simple and effective way either through their problem or to understand the system. Thank you for making Shelby incredibly user-friendly. This is the perfect system for church membership/record keeping. I have worked with ChurchTrac on two different levels, and they do not compare to Shelby.

Vorteile: I love using Shelby. The ease and accessibility is user-friendly. I love the many options I have when printing reports.

Nachteile: We utilize the send email/text/voice option several times a week. One problem that we have run into is sending texts to our Spanish speaking ministry. Spanish involves many accent marks and symbols. An accent mark in one word can completely change the word. In the past when we have sent a mass text from the Shelby app in Spanish, it never goes through properly. There will be a "?" where there was supposed to be an accent or symbol. I have called the support number listed and talked with a representative. He had never encountered this problem and said he would call me back. I never received that call, and that's ok. I know this is a minor issue and not an immediate issue to be addressed. This would be a huge help to our ministry if there could be a Spanish option for Shelby.

Needed items

Douglas J.
Pastor

Kommentare: I am between Luke warm and warm

Vorteile: I like the connectedness between membership and the financials. This is why we went with the membership. I also like the calendar.

Nachteile: I don't like the absence of some items. E.g. it doesn't email me when a staff member requests time off through the portal. This is not user friendly.

The Church and Social Media Challenge

Trish R.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have had a good experience when working with membership

Vorteile: The ease of use. If I don't know how to do something, there is a tutorial for whatever issue I'm facing. If I can't find something, I can always put in a help request. I do not feel alone and stuck when I am faced with a challenge.

Nachteile: I struggle with the separation of financial data vs. membership data. I have to check membership once yearly and have to monitor attendance and giving status. I've not yet created a report that shows attendance and giving within one year for church members. Still a work in progress.

I use it primarily for directory information when I'm away from the office or making home visits.

Bewertet am 22.5.2018
Michael D.
Senior Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Addresses of church members quickly when I am away from the office and a good map interphase that helps me quickly find members' homes.

Vorteile: I find the app very easy to use and appreciate it's interface with other map programs. [It is interesting that I could not submit this survey because the comments in the "Pros" section is too short. I guess that's one way to hear what you want. I don't know what else you want me to say about your program: You use a nice font? It hasn't crashed yet?

Nachteile: What I like least about the Shelby products we have is the lack of training my staff received (and told they would get) plus the long wait my staff has to endure whenever they have issues with the Shelby Membership Program and the Shelby Financial Program and call for technical help. The time spent on hold is interminable. I suspect that there are just one or two people answering the phones. Last week a staff member was on the phone with Shelby when another called and was told she was next in line. After more than thirty minutes, she finally hung up. (Interestingly, my other staff member was still on the phone talking to the Shelby Rep. I wonder if her colleague would have talked to the same rep had she remained on hold because there was only one person answering calls on a weekday? )

Shelby Next Membership

Bewertet am 23.8.2019
Christina R.
Assimilation & Membership Coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've cleaned up our database during the migration from Shelby V5 and Realm, so that has been a plus. It's been easy to teach other employees how to use Shelby Next. I like that I can work from home since it's web based.

Vorteile: I like the ease of use. It is similar enough to Shelby V5 that the learning curve was not as steep in learning the new software.
I like the help sections for each area. The videos and step by steps are very helpful.
Like that ShelbyNext is web based so I can work from home when needed.

Nachteile: The Check-in part of this software is very limited in what it does compare to what was available in Shelby V5. Configuring the printed tickets to include the information needed is not easily accomplished.

Shelby review

Christina D.
Accounting Specialist
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I am satisfied with ShelbyNext and the customer support is always available to assist us when we get in over our heads. Some of the bugs that we encountered in our first years have subsided and no longer do we see the same issues such as timing out, etc.

Vorteile: The overall look of it and ease . The ability to export/import transactions into excel, which cuts down on a lot of work having to re-enter

Nachteile: Wish that creating special reports would be easier

ShelbyNext and Me

Bewertet am 20.8.2019
Morris G.
Minister of Administration
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Shelbynext membership help us build better relationships with our members. We have the opportunity to communicate more efficiently. We don't have to overwhelm the members with unwanted communication, we are able to be specific to each area of their individual communication needs.

Vorteile: What I like most about the software is how I have contact with the participating congregation. I can contact individuals or groups through Shelbynext in a timely manner. I like that I can store notes about individual members that help me better service them.

Nachteile: After two years, the thing I like least would be the self-help instructions. I think that they should be more detailed and cover more aspects of the software.

ShelbyNext Membership

Donna F.
Director of Mission & Outreach
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Keeping our membership database organized, tracking contributions, creating ways to track interactions and streamline our pastoral care process.

Vorteile: It is user friendly and allows our congregation to access needed information.

Nachteile: Would like to have more flexibility with tracking interactions. Wish you could reassign interactions or assign them to more than one person.

Worth the Time to Upgrade

Kelly F.
Ministry Assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: ShelbyNext Membership has been an asset to our church family: we get fewer calls in the church office asking for addresses and phone numbers; the information stays up-to-date as far as we know; pictures help church members put faces and names together; the attendance and email features allow leaders to call meetings and recognize people who are missing and may need a personal contact. Since we are able to make mass contacts and check-in children through ShelbyNext, we have eliminated the cost of additional software programs.

Vorteile: As a church staff member, I enjoy the fact that the Shelby Membership App puts information in church members' hands. We rarely receive phone calls asking for addresses and phone numbers which occurred frequently each day. Church members can track group attendance and set up meetings through the program as well. We enjoy the ability to make a church-wide or group-wide phone calls, texts, and emails.

Nachteile: The children's check-in system allows parents and guardians to add multiple records to the system, and it does not ask for mailing address information.

ShelbyNext Membership in the real world

Bewertet am 31.8.2019
Suzy M.
Financial Secretary
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Same needs as most churches - need to pull out a particular demographic for some sort of correspondence. Need to get trends for attendance in various groups. Need to track a member whose attendance has slipped.

Vorteile: I like that it is cloud based and that our data base is accessible from anywhere with an internet connection

Nachteile: Reports in SN Membership are an issue.There is SO MUCH formatting that must take place using a csv/excel report to ultimately get to the information needed. I have never liked that Contributions are a part of membership in SN. It forces us to create roles that exclude access to this feature as contribution information is held in strict confidence at our church.

Still needs improvement

Bewertet am 2.9.2019
Marcy T.
Ministerial Services
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Better than v5 but has room for improvement. After our initial set up, support was non existent

Vorteile: Of the choices out there this was the best option for us because the financial piece was attached.

Nachteile: Had to create too many basic church membership criteria. Attendance input has some glitches and there’s is not a check out system for check in’s.(important for Children’s Ministry). Calendar has had glitches resulting in”disappearing rooms”

von Shelby Systems an 4.9.2019

Please reach out to our support team at support@shelbyinc.com. We are here to help you with any of your support needs.

Great Upgrade from V5

Kimberly G.
Ministry assistant - Membership
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am very satisfied with the rate of updates continually made on this product to improve the user experience.

Vorteile: If you are a Shelby user, currently using V5, you will love this newer version. The cloud based product is incomparable in ease of use. Our congregation loves having the church directory in an app.

Nachteile: The reporting is completely different from V5 and takes a while to get used to.

Membership

Bewertet am 6.9.2019
Debbie R.
Finance Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy to navigate. Pastors can easily find information and can access the app from the their phone. Life Groups can take attendance on their phones which eliminates the need to manually input the information.

Nachteile: We have 3 separate Shelby softwares to perform the duties that Shelby v5 did. We use Shelby Giving, ShelbyNext Membership and ShelbyNext Financials. The systems are integrated but you have to use each of the three softwares to process offerings or add giving funds. It all works really well, just wish we didn't have to log in to 3 separate systems with 3 separate userids and passwords.

Very happy with our choice...

Landon T.
Network Administrator
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I’m happy with it, and the training we got leading up to implementation was excellent.

Vorteile: Ease of use for the end user. Wanted something more simple than what we had before.

Nachteile: What’s “in the box” is what you can do. We didn’t want anything as complicated as we’d had in the past, but there are a few things we wished we could tweak.

Membership App

Bewertet am 24.8.2019
Jason D.
Experiences Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: ShelbyNext serves as our church database program for logging attendance, managing workflows, assigning tasks, and tracking membership. It has been a good product overall.

Vorteile: Slick interface. Good customer service.

Nachteile: No spell check on the desktop site. Limited ability to customize reports.