ShelbyNext Membership Erfahrungen

Über ShelbyNext Membership

Mitgliederverwaltung, Spenden, Finanzielles, Websites & mobil. Im Seit 1976 im Dienste der Kirchen.

Erfahre mehr über ShelbyNext Membership

This software allows us to move through our multi-step financial approval process efficiently. It allows us to track expenses and budgets easily while providing detailed reporting features.

This is meant more for very large churches. The Shelby Financials is very difficult and time consuming to use it actually caused a Bookkeeper to quit.

Bewertungen zu ShelbyNext Membership

3,8
3,8
3,6
3,9

ShelbyNext Membership hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,9 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 158 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du ShelbyNext Membership bereits verwendet?

Growing ChMS

Kommentare: Overall they are doing alot of neat things and I am looking forward to seeing how they continue to develop the product. They have a clean design that makes it easy to use and quick to set up.

Recently they have been adding more and more features. Their membership management is at the core, but they have updated the calendar, forms, and giving to be better and more comprehensive within the last year. They have some really powerful features like workflows which allows you to automate some key processes and notifications.

There are a few features I wish they had, but one overall theme is how I wish that they integrated more closely with their partner software. The company that owns Shelbynext has been blending their different Saas products but there is still a bit of a wall that keeps the integrations from being seamless​. A good example of this is how there are 4 different ways that you can give via different methods on mobile, but none of those apps have all of the features of memberships, group, forms, calendar, and giving in one product. I think that this will probably be fixed over time.

Larry
Accounting in USA

Shelby Membership Module Overview

Kommentare: It's just been good. As with any new system, there is some learning curve but, for the Membership Module, it's been a rather soft curve.

It's a really solid product overall. The best features are it's ability to easily enter, edit, combine or delete member records. The combining of duplicate records is ESPECIALLY useful. It transfers all information, including giving information, to the chosen record and misses nothing. Again, an excellent tool indeed. Plus, the entire package is just user friendly. It doesn't require indepth instruction to use and find needed information about an individual member, a group or team, and so on. Finally...the email function that allows emailing end of year giving statements is excellent.

I cannot really identify a significant downside to this software package. It simply does the job in an efficient, easy fashion.

Buchhaltung, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Not user friendly, not intuitive, not a good value for the money

Kommentare: All of the cons listed are minor pet peeves, but added together it makes the software very difficult to get used to. Seems like they would be easy fixes if the developers were to ask the current users what shortcuts would make the user's life better. Wait time to get in the queue for customer support is very long...if you can even get added to the queue. I've waited over an hour a few times. So much time wasted using this product. Don't assume you need an expensive, church specific software to meet your needs, especially if your church is small and doesn't have a lot of outreach programs or a day care/nursery school. This church was definitely oversold on this product - it has many features that will never be used here. Pay close attention to how the monthly fee is calculated - monthly fee for a year for this church is equivalent to buying several user licenses for other popular software (one of which doesn't have to be replaced for 3 years). If you have to put your financials into Excel to get the format you want, then why spend more for ShelbyNext? Training to use this product is expensive on top of the purchase price.

I haven't found anything I like about it yet. Maybe the reports are good, I haven't gotten that far yet.

This software is NOTHING like popular accounting programs on the market. Simple feature like using the + to advance the date or check numbers won't work. In the middle of a bank rec and need to look at an entry? Can't click on it to see details. Have to leave the bank rec to go there? Click Apply or you lose it all. That too is weird - apply means save, update means save and close. Why change terminology? Have to add lines to any type of entry? It won't automatically add them. More than one page in a report? You can't scroll to page 2. I carefully craft a journal entry to MY liking but ShelbyNext posts the lines in account number order - that is NOT how I want to see the entry. No back arrow to look at the previous transaction entered. If you are entering a list of manual checks and need to add a vendor all of the previous info entered (date, check number etc) is lost. Every time you return to the bank rec you have to tell it to only show the data for the current month you're reconciling. Date always defaults to today's date. I am entering historical data, so I have to re-enter the date every transaction. No warning for duplicate vendors, check numbers, vendor invoice numbers. My church doesn't use dept numbers, but I have to enter one to get the transaction to save. Can't search for account name directly from transaction screen, takes a few clicks to do so. When the CoA is 6 pages long, searching by acct name would save time.

Nathaniel
Associate Pastor in USA

Good not great

Kommentare: I used ShelbyNext at my previous church. It was great. The UI is a little less modern than some of the other systems I have used.

The CHMS is highly functional and does everything a church of any size would need it to do.

The mobile experience is less than great.

Bob
Minister of Operations in USA

Almost Great

Kommentare: Before we migrated to the ShelbyNext Cloud platform, our ministers and staff never had current data and it was always difficult to follow-up so the database was not updated. Now, if the users perform as they should the data is always updated and communication between ministers, staff and members has increased by 100%

The portability and distributed nature of the cloud database keeps everyone on the team and in the church connected and up to date. There is ongoing enhancement that helps make the product more user friendly. The security of the data and the ongoing updates and the redundant backup process reduces in-house IT staff time.

The giving reports are not accurate. When you run a demographic of givers from three years ago against current date, the current data is wrong. The program does not look at the dates. We live in a complicated world and we must be able to show through reporting tools how the giving is coming in to the system. Shelbynext does not do this well.

Sandi
Admin Assistant in USA

Great Organization Tool

Kommentare: I enjoy having all the features in Shelby Next for groups, and for sending texts to specific groups as reminders, etc. Our church still likes to print a directory for our older members, and I'm glad I can still do that through Shelby Next for them. Shelby Next is more user friendly than other software I've seen, which is a big help in training new leaders who might be resistant or a bit apprehensive about using technology.

It has really helped me organize our church membership data. It's become a great tool for our leadership to use as far as Interactions and keeping membership information handy for our leaders who are on the go. They really utilize the directory in the Shelby Next app for reaching members and checking on them during the COVID-19 pandemic.

I would like to see more updates in the mass contact portion of the software. Being able to insert and use graphics more easily in email templates would be a great help.

Pam
Office Manager/Asst. to Senior Pastor in USA

Shelby Next Pros and Cons

That it is cloud based, love the app and being able to use the software where ever I happen to be working. The overall look of the site is fresh and fairly user friendly. Easy to get around and update profiles. Check In was not an option with V-5 so that has been a nice feature. We love the ability to create forms as well, really has helped us with many events.

Reports!! Headers, dates, reliability of the data is really poor. V5 gave us way more options for creating and saving reports that are used regularly. The Directory feature needs work as well. Would like the pre-set configurable fields to be more flexible.

Christina
Assimilation & Membership Coordinator in USA

Shelby Next Membership

Kommentare: We've cleaned up our database during the migration from Shelby V5 and Realm, so that has been a plus. It's been easy to teach other employees how to use Shelby Next. I like that I can work from home since it's web based.

I like the ease of use. It is similar enough to Shelby V5 that the learning curve was not as steep in learning the new software. I like the help sections for each area. The videos and step by steps are very helpful. Like that ShelbyNext is web based so I can work from home when needed.

The Check-in part of this software is very limited in what it does compare to what was available in Shelby V5. Configuring the printed tickets to include the information needed is not easily accomplished.

Christina
Accounting Specialist in USA

Shelby review

Kommentare: Overall I am satisfied with ShelbyNext and the customer support is always available to assist us when we get in over our heads. Some of the bugs that we encountered in our first years have subsided and no longer do we see the same issues such as timing out, etc.

The overall look of it and ease . The ability to export/import transactions into excel, which cuts down on a lot of work having to re-enter

Wish that creating special reports would be easier

Amy
Amy
Finance & Membership Specialist in USA

Overall, the database & information it holds has been beneficial to us.

Kommentare: It is a great program for database information. It is not perfect, but I don't know a program that is. Shelby Next has been very beneficial for our church, and the ability we now have to communicate with & keep track of our membership.

1- We like the accessibility on mobile devices. 2- Allowing various users to have access to specific groups has been great in terms of communication & attendance. 3- Overall appearance & ability to view information have been enjoyed by our users. 4- Search tools have been very useful (except that we cannot easily report once the search is completed).

1- Reporting options are very limited so the data has to be manipulated through Excel. This is not easily done by most of our users, so the burden of reporting rests on one individual. It would be nice if reports could be run right out of Shelby including the data fields the user chooses. 2- We have 'snowbirds' and the use of 2 addresses is not precise at this time. We do input addresses with corresponding dates, but the system isn't recognizing them when it reports on individuals. 3- Running a list for contribution envelopes was very simple in v5. The report in Shelby Next has to be completed by exporting a list to CSV & then manipulating data. 4- In Contributions, when we choose 'Group Giving with Family', ShelbyNext doesn't default to one report for the entire family (or couple) so contributions have to be transferred, or 2 reports are created. In Shelby v5, when this option was chosen, donations had to be inputted under the "Primary" member of the family. It didn't allow us to put it under a spouse in this situation. Again, this has required 'clean-up' on our part, which could be avoided if the program was more precise.

Linda
Director of Finance in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good choice for our church!

Kommentare: Overall, we're highly satisfied bringing our membership database into online world of cloud technology. Support at Shelby has been outstanding, and while some issues may not be immediately addressed (such as items which would be in an update), we're kept in the loop, and updates to address gaps and shortcomings do happen. We appreciate the online Shelby Community portal as well.

The browser based platform allows the user to drill down and open multiple screens, very useful for processing donations, confirming gifts, membership status, and updating donor info on the fly. Workflows and interactions give our pastors a road map for following up with members and prospects, whether a desire to join our church, an upcoming surgery, or other needs - no one falls through the cracks, and communication is noted. Groups makes managing and communicating with specific classes, study groups, even our elders and deacons much easier, and all our employees have the same listings. Also, we use ShelbyNext Forms extensively for event registrations and tie it in to ShelbyNext Online Giving. We can design the forms not only for the registration itself, but can include info such as food allergies, special needs, medical issues, emergency contacts, and even additional shirt purchases for children's and students' events. I would bet that our IT guru appreciates not having to update software all the time, one of the benefits of cloud software.

The most noticeable shortcoming, to me, is the inability to see who received group emails and contribution statements via email, who didn't, and which emails bounced back as invalid for whatever reason. It's impossible to get correct emails from members and prospects when you're not aware that the email you have is invalid. I understand this is being addressed, but it should be a priority. There's a learning curve to ShelbyNext Membership, although I believe there would be with any software other than basic membership management for a small organization. Both our Membership Coordinator and I are still learning nuances and new ways to handle things.

Morris
Minister of Administration in USA

ShelbyNext and Me

Kommentare: Shelbynext membership help us build better relationships with our members. We have the opportunity to communicate more efficiently. We don't have to overwhelm the members with unwanted communication, we are able to be specific to each area of their individual communication needs.

What I like most about the software is how I have contact with the participating congregation. I can contact individuals or groups through Shelbynext in a timely manner. I like that I can store notes about individual members that help me better service them.

After two years, the thing I like least would be the self-help instructions. I think that they should be more detailed and cover more aspects of the software.

Marcy
Ministerial Services in USA

Still needs improvement

Kommentare: Better than v5 but has room for improvement. After our initial set up, support was non existent

Of the choices out there this was the best option for us because the financial piece was attached.

Had to create too many basic church membership criteria. Attendance input has some glitches and there’s is not a check out system for check in’s.(important for Children’s Ministry). Calendar has had glitches resulting in”disappearing rooms”

Antwort von Ministry Brands

Please reach out to our support team at support@shelbyinc.com. We are here to help you with any of your support needs.

Kelly
Director of Children's Ministry in USA

the good, bad and ugly

Kommentare: It's okay, once you set it up. the hard part is setting everything up and making sure it works and then hoping no one can undo what you have done.

I love the check in system! it is simple and easy to use

I hate the fact I was promised that we could use Android on the check in and you can't. You can only use Iphones and I pads.

Kevin
Associate Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good Product, but not for long term

Kommentare: It has been good to use. I called to resolve an issue yesterday.....was 6 in line and waited 40 minutes to get to talk to someone. I also received an email based on my last review asking if I had any questions or how they could help. I emailed back within 2 hours....that was back in June. I have not heard back from anyone. Hoping my email went to spam and they didn't see it rather than not responding at all.

Easy to use and introduce. It was not hard to train people or to get people to log in and start using

Cannot rely on it for history. We look at past attendance, but being in a college town people come and go. When a person is deleted from the database, we lose their attendance -- so a 5 year look at history in attendance is not accurate, so we are having to keep an Excel Spreadsheet to keep records. Frustrating. I wish there was a way that after 6 months or a year that the attendance would freeze and stay - regardless if a person moves their membership.

COO in USA

ShelbyNext Membership Works for our Team

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been highly favorable.

Ease of use; our team has dramatically increased its use of the ShelbyNext Membership platform. Previously we were using Shelby v. 5 and most of our staff just went into the system to check addresses and phone numbers primarily. With the new system we have people engaged at all levels - ministry directors, ministry leaders, Pastors, etc. The ease of use if probably the single biggest factor.

More reporting features for data analysis. Would also like to have options for volunteer management - while we can set them up as groups, volunteer management is an integral part of what we do.

Caris
Worship and Communications Director in USA

After 20 or more years with Shelby we may be ready to move on

Kommentare: We've been with Shelby for a couple decades as a church organization. We were thrilled when ShelbyNext came out, and we made the switch from our server-based V5 to their cloud-based ShelbyNext platform. But consistent problems along the way and a frustrating experience with customer service has us considering making a switch.

Customizable data fields, it was a relatively easy switch from V5,

No easy way to make an online version of the database available to members, the check-in system is a mess, (nametags are not customizable, the names are quite small, reporting after a Sunday hasn't yet worked for us), customer service for this module of ShelbyNext has been unresponsive and unhelpful.

Joel
CFO & Technologist
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

The most flexible ChMS anywhere

Kommentare: Do your homework. If you have the right staff and environment in place, Arena is an amazing option. HDC has benefitted immensely from Arena and has never looked back or second guessed our decision.

We did an exhaustive search of church management systems and came to the conclusion that for our church, Arena was the best choice. You can read our research here: http://tinyurl.com/chmsresearch Arena provides a customizable solution that will flex to meet your ministry needs and goals. It offers an excellent, easy to use interface and provides powerful tools to keep your staff on task, your people plugged in, and your church moving in the right direction. Our pastors use Arena to track confidential comments, to find the best location to launch new campuses, and to keep track of thousands of people and programs. Arena offers the most options for children's check-in, with one official solution and three church-developed solutions providing check-in that meets almost every style and desire. Arena offers a development program provides ways for your church to develop modules and applications that meet your exact needs. Overall, we love Arena and we made the right choice.

Arena is not for a church that isn't clear on what they want to do or that does not have IT staff. The best Arena implementations are ones where the church has a clear leader in charge of the project, and has solid direction from the staff of where they want to go. Having a developer on staff (or a volunteer) is not necessary, but makes arena even more customizable and flexible.

Cindy
Children’s Pastor in Neuseeland

Frustration

Kommentare: The check in system has made a huge difference but there has been some frustration with it as well.

The ease of using check-in on a Sunday when everything works properly.

The fact that I can’t use information as I would like. The aggregate system doesn’t give me what I need. I want to look at attendance during the week as a whole but it won’t combine the groups to do that. Well not easily anyway. I want to add names to the group once that will update both services and it won’t do that either or at least not with my permission level. Sometimes our search engine for names that we know are in the system doesn’t work.

Virginia
IT volunteer in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

ShelbyNext for small churches is perfect

Kommentare: The support has always been outstanding -- every individual I've worked with is friendly and super helpful. And the crowdsourced support (online) gets good answers to your questions too. The software is easy to use -- only a few things I needed to train the secretary to use it effectively. The most complex part is maintaining groups using automated rules (like the church directory, or recent attenders, recent givers, etc.)

SaaS (hosted in the cloud), smart phone App available, easy to train church staff, strong functionality and great support

When we went live (I haven't had a chance to check lately) there were a few limitations: 1) the integration with ShelbyNext Financials for Giving, 2) user-friendliness/ease of doing sunday school check-in or congregation attendance, 3) cost of connecting with and using on-line giving service.

Koko
Administrative assistant in USA

Shelby next review

Kommentare: There are a lot of great things about the ShelbyNext membership software but unfortunately there are still quite a few things that need to be worked out.

When there are no glitches I love the forms and the calendar side of shelby next .

The poor customer service. I rarely ever receive any feedback after I have either made a phone call or emailed. It also appears that they are still working out a lot of glitches and it’s very frustrating when you depend on a software and it doesn’t work properly at least 99% of the time.

Carol
Finance Assistant in USA

ShelbyNext / Membership Review

What I like most about this software is the consistency and ease of use. The searching for a member is easy and the advanced search comes in handy when you don't have enough information to locate exactly who you are looking for.

The least thing about the software I do not like is linking family members. I will admit is it easier than what I was used to in V5 but I think there should be an easier way to link family members.

Michelle
Office Administrator in USA

ShelbyNext Membership

Kommentare: Overall, I thought this product served us well to maintain our database, and communicate well with our members. Also, to keep our calendar going and available.

Very user friendly and good videos and links to help when needed.

The group communication was the biggest downfall of our Small Groups pastor. He struggled with it a bit.

Martha
Membership Secretary in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

ShelbyNext Membership for Churches

Kommentare: We previously used Shelby V. Both products have a great deal of advantages in our congregational needs. ShelbyNext seems to be more user friendly that Shelby V.

This is an easy to use software for tracking membership, attendance and giving for the church. It is used almost daily. It can be shared with members of the congregation if so desired.

I would prefer an ease of doing reports/directories that can be manually edited. The current form is PDF which is not the easiest to edit without purchasing additional software.

Melissa
Membership Director in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great with a few limitations

Kommentare: Nice software, could use some ease of use upgrades. Really helping with keeping info updated; could also use some updates to tracking features!

Ability to sort and help create lists. Love the app version for giving and on-the-go numbers and addresses.

Not creative enough with data, ease of use and differences in desktop/app versions I find cumbersome. Calendar could be more flexible, especially with printable versions.