Über PlanSwift

Digitale Planmanagement- und Berechnungssoftware für Baumaterialien für das Baugewerbe.

Erfahre mehr über PlanSwift

Easy to use, install and overall cost compared to similar products.

Software is hard-coded to call Internet Explorer and ignore other browsers, even if the default is set in Windows.

Bewertungen zu PlanSwift

PlanSwift hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 396 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du PlanSwift bereits verwendet?

John Armon
John Armon
Civil Engineer in Philippinen
Tiefbau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Takeoff Software!

Kommentare: As an estimator, I would definitely choose PlanSwift all the time when it comes to construction estimation and takeoffs. It is very efficient and user-friendly, making me more productive in my work.

What I like the most about this software is its takeoff accuracy. I can even set my own scale depending on the plans I have, especially if my Client/Consultant did not give the preset scale.

Even with its efficient features, PlanSwift is not exempted from having drawbacks, just like any other software. Being able to markup shapes like arrows and circles might be more useful for estimators like me since I won't have to transfer to other PDF readers just to put shape markups.

Trevor
Chief Problem Solver in USA

It's A Love/Hate Relationship

Kommentare: Like the title says, it's a love/hate relationship. Lots of really powerful features, but it's really outdated and lacking some modern cloud syncing features and others talked about in the Cons list.

It's extremely in-depth and you can do almost anything you can imagine. The tools to build parts and assemblies are extremely extensive and haven't found anything we can't do. Other than a handful of bids that we send out for, we estimate the entire home for each client. Every single nut, bolt, box of screws, rebar, rolls of house wrap, etc. There's nothing we can't do. The

Terrible customer service! I usually call and have to leave a message and someone might get back to me in 24-48 hours. They don't seem to know their software well either as we were able to figure out things that they said wasn't possible... Way outdated: No 4K monitor support, very old looking interface, only available for Windows. No built-in cloud syncing between computers. If there is a change in pricing, adding parts, building assemblies, etc. for a while we had to manually do this in each computer. We ended up figuring out how to utilize a cloud platform to sync up all changes to our parts and assemblies across computers and it now works now. No built-in Job file sharing. Again, we set up a cloud system using Google Drive local sync and it works well. We just can't be in the same job at the same time or it might get errors. There is no automatic association between a part in a parts list and the same part in an assembly. For instance, by default, if I update a price in the parts list it doesn't reflect that price update in any instance of the part used on an assembly. You have to use a $200 plugin that basically adds a search and replace function. Price changes on parts are not reflected in current jobs unless you manually go in and change it. We found a workaround for this though. For all of our assemblies, we were able to link the "Cost Each" back to the original part's "Cost Each" through a file path. Just a pain. I ran out of room to type so I must stop here..

Scott
Owner/estimator/project manager

Robust Potential, glitchy programming

Kommentare: I've been a Planswift user for last 8 years. The program has a lot of bells and whistles with so many custom options. Its a rather incredible concept but some of the tools like hip/valley tool, comparative overlay and auto count don't work properly. My number one issue with plan swift is the code. I complained about how slow the program would get after just a few hours of measurements, especially when using a lot of joint tool and overlays. I would mostly get silence from customer support when making that comment, it seemed odd but I didn't put much thought into it and just kept upgrading hardware on my PC to compensate. Well, now I have a computer that could animate for Pixar yet Planswift still shows me its hourglass mocking the value of my time. I also noticed it would crash more often than I find reasonable and will also crash excel when open even if not using Planswift at the time. When this would happen, excel was unable to recover my progress in that worksheet. VERY frustrating. So, I started to look into composing better spreadsheet design do compensate. I went to an excel guru with estimating background and after just several hours we were both unsure of how we were to make chicken salad out of the fodder. I decided to go shopping, there are tons of in screen programs out there but if you want takeoff with legends to be able to efficiently convey that fancy estimate you spent hours and days putting together to a team on the forld, there are very few that do it well. Most do not have a joist tool or hip/valley intelligence and many other features Planswift has. But most all the others are faster than P.S. and will allow you to work on multiple jobs at same time (P.S. does not). For the light user on a budget, this could be your ticket and I will gladly sell you one of the four P.S. Licenses I am currently sitting on. But if you want to do whole project estimating that is visually auditable with reliable output that won't slow you down and actually speed this boring, low-to-no paying process down then I suggest you search elsewhere. I found my dream software by mixing tei that have most of what Planswift does combined. But mega faster, without crashing or ever hour classing and better reports I do t have to spend hours cleaning up after exporting.

Features, easy to learn, lots of customization options

Glitchy, crashy, ruined my day far too many times with lost/disconnected data & subsequent reduced productivity

Douglas
President in USA
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

customer service is the worst

Kommentare: The software is really good but you cannot count on the customer service to resolve any ploblem, ive been trying to rech them out to resolve a situation with the software and the only thing that i get is the "will call you back" but they never do. it has been over 7 weeks and they still haveent resolved my issue. Unsupportive agents.Lack of support.False promises to resolve issues. Running from responsibility.Transferring customer from agent to agent.Putting Customers on Hold for too Long.Agents Offer No Empathy.

Nothing in special. I thought it would be easy to work with but it is limited.

Customer service is the worstUnsupportive agents.Lack of support.False promises to resolve issues. Running from responsibility.Transferring customer from agent to agent.Putting Customers on Hold for too Long.Agents Offer No Empathy.

Mary April
Mary April
Cost Engineer cum Quantity Surveyor cum Procurement Officer in Indien
Bau, Selbstständig

Planswift TakeOff Review

Kommentare: Always a great Take Off tool to rely on and depend on

Planswift has been built its good name as one of the best user friendly Estimating Tool in the Construction Industry for a long time. I have been a user since 2012 and it was a great help for my everyday Take-Off requirement since then.

Since I was an employee I was equipped with Planswift in my laptop via the company's subscription, and now that I started my own consultancy firm I find Planswift pricey compared to other Estimating tool which can also give the same output.

Norman
Quantity Surveyor in Simbabwe

Benefits of using PlanSwift

-quick and accurate measurement of materials and quantification of labour. -saves time -reduces risk of errors

-though its useful but not all users or companies are able to buy it. -a bit complex to beginners -a lot of time is needed to train new users

Steve
Steve
Homebuilding Project Consultant in USA

Estimating 2.0

Drawing tools are easy to use. Assemblies make the process simple as a single line can capture multiple items at one time. The reporting functions make it easy to review the results and modify the assemblies as a whole as standards change.

The updating process is very slow. As more assemblies are added to the file, the software gets bogged down and glitchy.

Zachary
Zachary
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best On Screen Take Off Software. Period.

Kommentare: Highly recommend Planswift to General Contractors and Specialty Contractors alike. Best On-Screen Take Off software available.

Ease of use, very user-friendly interface. Quickly rip takeoffs. Great reporting and customization capabilities.

One time fee may be expensive for some, but it is well worth the investment!

Tamara
Tamara
Project Estimator in USA

Always a Favorite

Planswift makes quantity take off much easier and more effective. The ability to create files and folders helps to keep your information sorted and organized.

I feel that their are many features offered in this program that I am most likely not utilizing. While I realize that there are most likely many tutorial options, it would be nice to have a way to see quickly the types of features available.

Justine
Justine
Flooring and Paint Director in USA
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use but I know it can do even more

Kommentare: Great tool. I use it daily for quickly estimating flooring needs on jobs.

I like how fast i can create take-off's

Trying to create full estimates through the software is a very lengthy process. It also doesn't accurately pick up points when I do the "one-click" feature.

Mario
Project Estimator in USA

Mario's Review

When it comes to estimating, I have not used a better software for quantity take-off on plans. You have the option to purchase packages that fit the scope of work of your company, or if you want to save money, you can build the assemblies yourself for free.

The only thing that needs to be optimized is the time it takes to import PDF plans and convert it to a TIF file when setting up a new job. A 100 page PDF might take up to 30 minutes to import and convert.

Nick

Great for Takeoffs

It is very easy to create templates for our specific scope as a subcontractor and perform a takeoff. It is very helpful to be able to plot and print a set of plans with the layers of items and a legend. We can create a new set of plans specific to our scope.

Not a lot to complain about. Sometimes it's a little buggy when signing out and trying to use on another computer. It will say the license is logged in and occupied elsewhere even though it's clearly been signed out on the other device. When performing a takeoff and a VERY large set of plans it seems to get a little laggy with so many items on the page...could also be due to the power of the computer running the software. It's hard to say. Other than that, there are probably many more features it offers that we aren't taking advantage of, but that's up to us to learn more about what it could do for us.

Antwort von ConstructConnect

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so glad it is easy for you to do your takeoffs. May it continue to make you successful.

Jeanine
Junior Estimator in USA
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great software for organizing and implementing budget information

Kommentare: I have used PlanSwift from the beginning of my training as an estimator 4 years ago, and even the formal training class I took used PlanSwift as the basis for the training. I have rarely needed Customer Service, but when I have, they have been great. The free webinars also have been helpful.

Extremely simple measurement takeoffs, and excellent features for organizing information. It is also intuitive to use as far as the takeoffs go. The detailed budgeting information and ability to export so that the data can be used with other software is what makes PlanSwift so valuable as an estimating tool.

It is difficult to find files when there are a lot in one folder. I haven't been able to figure out how to search or reorganize the import list in a way that keeps me from having to just scroll through the list until I find the file I want to import. The good thing is, the most recently saved file is at the bottom of the list, so if it's a new file, it is easy to find. And those are usually the files I'm looking for. The other downside for me was that I had to have my computer rebuilt, and the PlanSwift files were stored in a place on my computer that is not routinely copied when an IT tech rebuilds the computer. Sorry I don't remember where the files were stored. HOWEVER, the PlanSwift customer service team was extremely helpful and worked with my IT tech to try to find and restore the files. Although they were not able to restore any of the files, they were able to change the location of storage so that wouldn't happen again. Also, I waited to have my computer rebuilt until I had finished a big project, so I didn't really miss anything that I had lost.

Yojan
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Estimating on Planswift for 3 years and still going!

Kommentare: This product has been a game-changer for our Finish estimating. It has helped us estimate painting and wallpapering to an incredible capacity, in comparison to traditional methods.

Great layout Navigating through plan files is fluid Never have lost progress, even with occasional crashes Easy-to-use tools Create custom equations When takeoffs are finished, the estimating page is very easy to read and adjust

I little pricey for a software, but worth it Lack of compatibility with QuickBooks Large files may take a while to upload, may cause software to become unresponsive

Matt
Estimator/Purchasing
Baumaterial, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Effective 2D Takeoff Software

Kommentare: I would highly recommend it as a tool to save costs on plan for things like budgets or for companies making their first leap into on-screen takeoffs rather than old school plans and scaling/highlighting.

Ease of use for point and click, dimension scaling and calibration, elevation markups, text bubbles and snapshots for RFIs, no annual license fee if you so choose to not receive updates, cheapest entry price of any software

Estimating software leaves a lot to be desired. The inputs and functions you can use don't always cover your entire needs and leaves us using Excel with our house made matrix to estimate. Sometimes plans with large file sizes crash the software, but could be due to our own RAM constraints (8 GB).

Doug
Estimator
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

This software works great for basic take off in estimating and is easy to figure out.

Kommentare: The software boast a lot of function that sound good at the time of purchase. Several of them make similar promises but when it comes to using the product to the fullest it seems to fall flat of the promise. Once you get past doing a take off I don't see how anything can complete the estimation process without a lot of extra steps so I would recommend this and any other products for their ability to do the take off but it stops there.

Good video tutorials to help you get the most out of the product. Quick and easy to get a take off done. Some basic templates can be made to make the most of your time.

Written in Pascal so it is old programming and not real easy to modify Customer support can get a little lost if you have a real question.

mark
Estimator
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Problems with planswift

Kommentare: Over all it is a pretty good program I use it on a daily basis.

Easy to use, I like the many features and the overall functionality. The value is pretty good accept for the fact that you can no longer download previous versions.

Program crashes frequently Gets really slow when using Joist tool Sometimes when I do a measuring tool it skips back to another page. Don't like the way the program jumps around like when you start a takeoff item it will jump to another corner of the plans.

michael
Superintendent
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Planswift Review

Kommentare: This product features an easy to use takeoff program, combined with a not so easy to use estimating program. Out of all the different software programs that I have seen this is the easiest but it still takes some getting used to. There is not a manual or go to guide so you have to rely on youtube if you have a problem. The main company has been bought out by another so now they stopped the plugin feature for now which tailors the programs to your specific needs. It's a great program but I personally would like a few features added to the program to make it easier to use. TIP: Th hardest part for me was the estimating. Look careful to see which method of takeoff you select( LINEAR-straight lines, or AREA- length times width) and then look to how the material or PART is priced. It will say (priced by square feet), or it might say (priced by each), or (priced by linear foot). If it says "priced by square feet" then you must put the "price each" as the price per square foot. If it says "priced each" then it means to put the "price each" as a price for the whole part or the whole board).

Takeoff easy to use great for anyone integrated wit excel comes stock with your standard parts or materials that you will use

If you have different heights on walls you have to make a new line item for each wall that has a different height.

Leticia
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best takeoff software on the market!

Kommentare: This is the best software for anyone doing takeoffs as an estimator.

I love this take off software. I am able to do sf, lnft, roofs with the pitch, quantity, etc. and I can do them in different colors for ease.

I love everything about this product. I honestly have nothing bad to say about it except that when you try to have higher resolution uploads, it will sometimes stop the program.

Kristen

Versatile Takeoff Progream

Kommentare: Ease of operation is the biggest perk of this software! Easy to get started and lots of resources to find help.. such as YouTube!

This program saves time, paper and money! It is incredibly easy to use and easy to train on. The program is very intuitive and easy to navigate through the takeoff commands.

Technical support is not always easy to get a hold of. Getting answers to basic questions takes longer than one would normally anticipate. I also wish that the program could "talk to" my estimating software, it is kind of a bummer to do double entries.

Ronald
Chief estimator in USA
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Use of Planswift for marking plans

Able to verify points to get correct lengths, snap point to point, define width of wall.

This software does not work well on the database on Dropbox, lots of errors if 2 people are in it at the same time or if you have multiple instances open at the same time.

Jesse
PM, Estimator in Kanada

Plan Swift - Quick Efficient and Powerful

Super fast set up. Decent add on's and support. Exports to Excel. Best value for money. Free 14 day trial so you can really get a feel for it.

Modifying items or creating new items is quite involved. I tend to use my own costing assemblies and use this for take off.

Operations Manager in USA

Honest Review

Kommentare: Great. Getting quotes out in no time

It will allow you to take off plans in a fraction of the time compared to doing it with pen and paper. It can export all of your takeoff to Excel and makes sending quotes a breeze.

That i did not find out about this software sooner

Mark

Good Software

Kommentare: Loved it!

I like the accessibility and features. With the right coding to design the tools, this software makes the job a lot easier. The joist/rafter tool is great!

I did not like the time it takes to make the tools. You can buy packages if you want.

Bau, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

User-Friendly and Functional

Kommentare: The accurate quantity takeoff from the PDF format drawings.

It is one the best quantity takeoff software that I have ever used. It really match with PDF format drawings and give you the ability to categorize and organize the bill of quantities inside the software and transfer them to Excel. You can also apply the unit rates and build up an estimate. Very appropriate for building works including residential and ICI.

The software has been designed mostly for 2D drawings. When it comes with 3D such as cut & fill takeoff, it doesn't work. I don't recommend the software for heavy-civil jobs.