Home Inspector Pro

Best Inspection Software on the Market

Bewertet am 15.1.2019
Douglas M.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My experience has been great, I feel like the staff and I are family, they have always been there when I needed anything. No other company that I know of operates like that.

Vorteile: I have been using HIP since 2009, It is very customizable to my needs for all different application. They intrgrate with other service providers I have like ISN and RWS. The company is always looking for way to improve it based on customer request and providing updates. The customer support is second to none. They are always there when you need them and always have resolved any issues I had.

Nachteile: If I have to put something here, the only thing I can think of is sometimes it highlights a word to inform me spelling is wrong, But when I check, the spelling is correct.

von Home Inspector Pro an 16.1.2019

Thanks Douglas, we consider you family too! It's been great to watch our users companies grow over the years and to be a part of that. Thank you for your continued support. We wish you the best of success in 2019!

Best Home Inspection Software

Bewertet am 12.2.2019
Michael M.
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When you use ISN it simplifies the process even more. You complete the report send it to ISN and you are done. ISN will send the report however you have configured it. We have gotten the time down to about 20 minutes to complete the report on our pc and send it out.

Vorteile: HIP is the best software for customization, ease of use, photo editing, and just over all the best software on the market. The app is simple and when you get done you send it to the cloud and then finish on your pc.

Nachteile: I really can't say there are any cons at this time.

von Home Inspector Pro an 13.2.2019

Thanks Mike. I'm glad we've been able to help streamline your business and keep your nights and weekends free!

Sets the bar for Inspection software

Bewertet am 7.1.2020
Daniel C.
Bau, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Software was easy to use, had alot of customizable features. Reports looked good. Good integration with 3rd party services. Perhaps the best thing going for this software is the customer service/support.

Nachteile: Back when I used this software the mobile software was pretty clunky, which eventually led to me changing softwares. It appears it has now been improved.

von Home Inspector Pro an 8.1.2020

Hi Daniel! Yes, a lot has changed over the last few years with our mobile software and with our new HIP Office Scheduling System release there will be even more coming to it. We have continued to innovate for 15 years in this industry and have a lot more coming! Feel free to message me at Help@HomeInspectorPro.com if you'd like to check out some of our great new features.

A plucky inspection helper

Bewertet am 5.2.2020
Scott C.
Home inspector
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: As a one man inspection show, home inspector pro helped me streamline my report writing process. The customization was decent and the price was reasonable.

Vorteile: The customization for the software was relatively easy for a single user to implement. Customer service was also very responsive and helpful when it was needed.

Nachteile: As someone who was used to a different report writing software, the learning curve was a little steep.

Home Inspector Pro is a budget software you get what you pay for......

Bewertet am 10.10.2016
Noel E.

Kommentare: HIP is a "mid-level" reporting software that is a flexible no frills platform once you figure out "The lay of the land". What users of other premium software will miss is the ability to invoice the client from the software (uniformity), the ability to track reports by client, realtor, address or month, day and year and dollars. The user interface is difficult if you are migrating from another software package (lack of buttons or list). Home inspector pro utilizes a semi drop down menu which is functional and somewhat easy once the user gets used to the format. As for Mac users the support is lacking somewhat and has not kept pace with the OS upgrades and changes. HIP runs natively on the Mac, macbook equipment which is great but I don't believe the developer or support techs run natively on MACs. I have asked about adding features and tweaking functionality and have met with and made to feel that my circumstances were unique and no one else is experiencing my issues. For example if you select a narrative but do not move it into the report and you click on another component, you will get a pop up stating that you have a narrative highlighted that was not moved, when you click "ok" the screen changes to the selected component. The user then has to return to the previously selected component to address the narrative issue. My suggestion was to allow the current screen to remain active to address the narrative at which point the user can then migrate to the next component. Thereby saving several mouse clicks. That is just one of a few. The end result is a fantastic looking report with a somewhat ugly user interface that doesn't really save time or money over any other inspection software. Marketing that partially influenced my decision to purchase Home Inspector Pro. Yes, it is less expensive than other software but the user gets less features. OH, wait.. HIP allows the inspector to add video to the report which would be great but I have not been able to use that function and all video tutorials are specific to windows users. If you like the idea of using your smart phone or tablet you will need to shell out a monthly fee to allow transfer of the report back and forth between computer and tablet or phone. I never know what my month is going to look like so I don't want to commit to another monthly billing. It is an ok product. I think if there was another software that ran natively on the Mac that was not a lease type I might have a look.

Hi Noel,

I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed but we are far from a mid level reporting software. In fact more people using Home Inspector Pro than any other software program. Our tech support hours are doubled everyone else in the industry, 7 days a week.

You're right, we chose to create the best home inspection software on the market, not a combination of mediocre office management and inspection software like our competitors. The majority of our users use Inspection Support Network (ISN) for all their office needs which we fully integrate with so we can focus on the being the only software with video in PDF & HTML, popup glossaries, stationery and more.

More of our developers actually use Mac machines versus Windows. The software is 100% the same between Mac and Windows so the video tutorials apply to both programs.

Video works great and has for years. Try giving our support team a call at 888-750-4777 and they can help you out with all of your comments/questions.

Great software with great support team!

Bewertet am 13.2.2019
Bill W.
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I have used Home Inspector Pro software for many years now. I utilize a variety of custom templates I have created for my various inspection services from Commercial Property inspections to stand alone thermal imaging services. The reports turn out professional and the software significantly reduces time spent writing those reports. HIP is an integral part of my inspection business arsenal!

Vorteile: The templates and overall report are very customizable to suit a variety of inspection needs.

Nachteile: There isn't much to not like about Home Inspector Pro. New features continue to be released to improve on already great inspection software. Any problems or bugs encountered are just a helpdesk away from being resolved quickly! It only takes a little understanding of the backend of the software to fully embrace its many features!

von Home Inspector Pro an 15.2.2019

Thanks Bill! It's been awesome to watch you grow over the years and all the different aspects of inspections that you've done and templates you've made with HIP!

Easy, organized and appreciated by clients

Bewertet am 12.1.2019
Jim H.
Certified Home Inspector
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Thus software allows me to complete a typical inspection in 3 hours state to report delivered to client. Support is excellent.

Vorteile: This is a simple format to guide you through a thorough inspection. Realtors and clients like the final report. Easy to follow.

Nachteile: Have no complaints. When issues arise the support team is ready to assist.

von Home Inspector Pro an 14.1.2019

Thanks for the great review Jim. Linkhorn Inspections is one of the biggest inspection firms in the nation and has been rocking it with HIP for a long time!

Streamline your business

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Simonne J.
Immobilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have really enjoyed the software and we have gotten great feedback from clients about it.

Vorteile: The ease of integration with Inspection Support Network and not having to upload separate files for clients.

Nachteile: It is hard to be able to update from a phone when you need to quickly update a report for a client or agent

von Home Inspector Pro an 8.1.2020

Thanks Simmone. I'm glad you guys have enjoyed the software! We have a lot of great things coming out soon as well. Stay tuned!

Highly recomend

Darrell C.
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: The software has allowed me to get my reports completed much faster thereby giving me more time for fun.

Vorteile: The software is customizable to each inspector.

Nachteile: I takes some time to get things the way you want them. Gladly trade that time for the ability to tailor it to my liking.

von Home Inspector Pro an 11.1.2019

Thanks Darrell for being such a great user and for the review. It's greatly appreciated!

Love this software

Joe M.
Owner/inspector
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Been using it for 5 years and would not consider changing.

Vorteile: Customizable. I can make my reports just the way I want.

Nachteile: Some work involved in building your template but that goes along with customization.

von Home Inspector Pro an 11.1.2019

Thanks Joe! It's great to have so many successful inspector companies using HIP!

Great product with even better customer support

Bewertet am 15.1.2019
Joshua F.
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I downloaded several trial programs when I first started in the inspection business. I felt more comfortable with HIP than the others. I originally just used it on my laptop but transitioned into the mobile version for my Ipad. I don't know how anyone could do an inspection any other way. If I ever have an issue or problem, I can contact customer support and the problem is taken care of almost immediately. I have been using this program for several years now with really no complaints. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone, whether a new inspector or a veteran.
Very user friendly
Multiple downloadable templates
Customer support is second to none
Compliant with TREC guildelines
Frequent updates

Nachteile: I really don't have any complaints with the software.

von Home Inspector Pro an 16.1.2019

Thanks Josh. We're glad to be a part of your companies success!

Home Inspector Pro is the Best Software Out There

Sheehan T.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Using the software is straight-forward and simple. Actions are easily completed with taps on mobile or clicks on desktop. Taking pictures and captioning them is a breeze. The report that is generated both in PDF and HTML formats is beautiful and easy-to-read. Clients love the summary and prioritization of issues by color coding. On top of having an excellent product, the team at Home Inspector Pro and the owner are accessible and respond quickly to support issues. It's a no brainer to use Home Inspector Pro.

Nachteile: It takes awhile to build up narratives, captions, and customization. You can start with a template and then edit it and update it to your liking as you go. I've done this and have continued to update my narrative library over the past 7 years.

von Home Inspector Pro an 11.1.2019

Thanks Sheehan. We're glad HIP is working so well for your company!

If you want to be the best you need to use the best!

Matt S.
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Vorteile: When I started my inspection business I used a competitor. I quickly found out that I was sending my clients sub par reports.
I soon realized that if I want to be the best, I needed to use the best software.
HIP works seemlessly with ISN and I highly recommend it to anyone who is just starting out or is a seasoned pro.
I am sure that HIP has helped Safe Check Home Inspections become one of the most Google reviewed inspection companies in Columbus, Ohio because we deliver an awesome, detailed report.
Thank you HIP!!

Nachteile: I wish HIP would realize that MAC is superior to PC and release new versions on MAC first, ir at least the same time.

von Home Inspector Pro an 18.1.2019

Thanks Matt for the great review!! We've appreciated all your feedback and software input over the years!!

Absolutely love Home Inspector Pro! Awesome support, completely Mac compatible, great time saver!

Bewertet am 15.7.2017
Jennifer Y.
Owner/Inspector

Kommentare: Ease of use, faster inspection report writing, professional report appearance with the ability to customize it to my personal preference, batch adding pictures which is AWESOME, the ability to use videos in my reports, glossary to help clients understand the technical side of things, and that is just a little of what Home Inspector Pro software is capable of. Definitely recommend it and if you have a Mac... don't shy away, it works great on them!

Vorteile: I use only Mac, and I have it on everything from my desktop down to my phones. It works awesome and is 100% compatible. There is no freezing, no lagging, and the customer support is beyond amazing which is a huge difference to the other software programs I have used. You can tell they truly care about their clients and their experience and respond quickly to any questions or issues. They offer free training and even will do one on one help sessions so that you understand how to operate within the program, which came in handy when my last software became incompatible due to an update. The free trial was the perfect answer to solve a crisis situation and the one on one help meant I was able to get a report out on time, have since switched over to the paid version and have been using it daily and love it!

Nachteile: It does take awhile to set up to personal preference, but any software in our profession does so it isn't really a con to a specific program.

von Home Inspector Pro an 15.7.2017

Thanks Jennifer, it's been a pleasure to work with you guys!

Been using th software daily for over 5 years

Bewertet am 13.1.2019
Michael A.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using Home Inspector Pro software has allowed me to streamline my inspection process and HONNE the capacity to be accurate and efficient on every home. Updating the software template is very easy and I change it at least once a month as we are constantly learning every day new methods, techniques and about different components. I have recommended the software to several inspectors in my area who also use it. Thank you to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team for always having excellent customer service!!

Vorteile: Updating the templates to reflect current changes in the industry and a more streamlined profile is quite simplistic to achieve.

Nachteile: The initial set up took a little time as with any software that would be utilized for this industry.

von Home Inspector Pro an 14.1.2019

Thanks Mike! We're honored to be apart of your company and growth!

The review dated Jan. 16 2018 obviously is not a user of the software, most likely a competitor.

Bewertet am 29.1.2018
Michael M.
Owner - home inspector

Vorteile: I have used the software for 10 yrs and my reports have always been narrative. The report can be checklist, narrative or a hybrid of both if you want. The user decides. User input is used to design the software, most updates are programmed because inspectors have asked for features and HIP uses that input to make improvements. The forum even has a wishlist to document the feature you want to see implemented. Everything in the software can be customized.

von Home Inspector Pro an 30.1.2018

Thanks Mike. We greatly appreciate your feedback and usage for the last 10 years!

I would definitely recommend Home Inspector Pro's web hosting program.

Bewertet am 20.3.2009
John H.
Co-Owner

Kommentare: I would definitely recommend Home Inspector Pro's web hosting program. They offer plentiful features and then some. It's easy to get started. From it's video tutorials, to it's message board, to it's tech support staff to it's easy of use to it's many features it's not only easy to get started and come up with a great site but it has all the stuff to get a website online that will improve your business! I'm looking forward to that!

Vorteile: I'm been searching for an inexpensive way to design and maintain a website myself. But I also wanted an amazing site with loads of features. I also needed alot of tech support because this is a new area for me. Well I got all of that with Home Inspector Pro. Great themes, lots of choices, not just the same theme with different colors and uses. Real tech support too. Real answers and SEO suggestions. Couldn't have done it on my own. At least not in the time frame I have. The price is so reasonable. Can't pass up this great deal. There are so many features too. There are so many very different looks you can design your website to look like. It's a winner! There's also a message board with lots of tips and video tutorial of how to get started. It's great!

Nachteile: I would start with a website with a simple design and then add the cool features. You would get the content out first and get the bulk of your website up and running. Then work on the extra features. The fonts are the only draw back so far. But that's probably me. I keep changing the font size and boldness. But that is such a minor thing.

Love it

Mark M.
Owner / Home Inspector
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Their software makes some beautiful reports. Very happy with the software and my clients love the reports.

Vorteile: Their customer support is over the top. I had my report freeze on my tablet and they were able to help me with very quickly. Every dealing I have had with them had been awesome! I recommend them to all my inspector friends.

Nachteile: Have nothing to say against the software. Highly recommend it.

von Home Inspector Pro an 14.1.2019

Thank you Mark. We're glad HIP is everything you want it to be. We're working hard to make sure it's constantly improving for you and your business!

Been using HIP for over 10 years and thousands of reports. It is the best a Home Inspector can use .

Bewertet am 14.7.2017
Bob E.
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Gives me a amazing reputation among Clients as final product is how you are remembered .

Vorteile: Best mobile and photo reporting possible with great final product appearance .Support is amazing and well known to be the best .The other guy saying it was bad must be off his rocker.

Nachteile: Can take a while to set up but once done it is easy.Wish some of the features were a little more photo focused .

von Home Inspector Pro an 14.7.2017

Thanks Bob! Your input over the years has helped to make Home Inspector Pro (HIP) a great product!

HIP

Bewertet am 16.2.2019
Ron F.
Hausmeisterservice, Selbstständig

Kommentare: This is a good company -

Vorteile: I perform a Maintenance /Safety Audits for several non profit group homes (about 90 per year) and I found the Home Inspector Pro software can be easily adapted to my customers needs. I don't do attic or roof inspections however I look for trip hazards, safety issues and maintenance items and I can customize the software to make my job more complete. I have been using HIP cloud service for about 4 years without any problems. HIP customer service is the best - when on a job 200 miles from my office - I know I can reach a service rep and figure out what I need to fix the issue. I have had the support staff who call me back several times to solve my issues over the years.

Nachteile: Not much - the online training video's help

Home Inspector Pro is AWESOME!

Bewertet am 14.7.2017
Greg T.
Inspector/Owner
Informationsdienst, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Professional inspectuon reports printed on-site.

Vorteile: Not only does this software have the most feature available at the best possible price. The customer service is out of this world. Customer rep and his team are always accessible. I have been using HIP for close to 9 years now and it is fantastic!

von Home Inspector Pro an 15.7.2017

Thanks Greg! It's been great working with you and the other CREIA board members over the years! I look forward to watching your continued growth.

The best home inspection reporting software that I have used.

Bewertet am 15.7.2017
Alton D.
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Time savings, great looking report, complete flexibility to perform an inspection of a 900 square ft. residence or a 90,000 square ft. commercial space.

Vorteile: The ability to customize templates, and the flexibility to change templates on the fly. You can go from performing a thermal imaging report with video at an industrial facility to completing a roof inspection at a residential structure without missing a beat.

Thanks Alton!

Great program.

Bewertet am 12.1.2019
Paul M.
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It’s been great. Cut my time of each inspection by an average of 1.5 hours. Well worth the money and I would and do highly recommend this product.

Vorteile: Easy to use, great features, and fantastic tech support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and team are very friendly and easy to talk too.

Nachteile: I like everything about this software program.

von Home Inspector Pro an 23.1.2019

Thanks Paul. We're happy to have helped you get your nights and weekends back. Saving 1.5 to 3 hours a night is HUGE!

Best customer support in the world

Troy M.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ease of use and quality of reports.
They set the bar on customer service!

Nachteile: None that I can think of. They are constantly working on improving the system and are very open to user input

von Home Inspector Pro an 11.1.2019

Thanks Troy. We've appreciated your input over the years and are glad Home Inspector Pro (HIP) has been a valuable asset to your business!

Awesome Product

Chris F.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ease of use in the field, it really can not be beat!

Vorteile: You will not find a better mobile report software and the customer service is the best in the industry.

Nachteile: There is non I can think of. And I’m trying to think of some.

von Home Inspector Pro an 17.1.2019

Thanks Chris! We're glad to be here to support you and your company!