Über Availity

Verwalte den Umsatzzyklus mit Tools, mit denen du im Voraus mehr erfassen und zugleich die Abrechnung und Erstattung optimieren kannst.

Erfahre mehr über Availity

Beverly W.
Patient Education
Medizinische Praxis, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.5.2019

"Super Helpful and a Great Time Saver! "

Kommentare: Availity is a super helpful tool that saves you from having to deal directly with patient's insurance companies. It's a big time saver!

Vorteile: Availity was used in my previous office to check medical insurance benefits for our patients. When I first started there my job was to call the insurance companies directly and check to see what fertility benefits the patients had. This was a complete nightmare and sometimes I would be on the phone for a couple of hours checking benefits for one patients...and sometimes I never got the info I needed. It was SO time consuming and frustrating. When Availity came along - it allowed me to check their benefits in a matter of seconds. A few insurance companies are not on Availity - so occasionally you still have to call.

Nachteile: Availity customer service do not seem to be very helpful when you need to call directly. I also somehow ended up calling a different department at Availity and could never get transferred top the area that I needed. I just stopped calling Availity. If I needed info and had to call - I just called the Insurance company directly instead.

• Bewertet am 6.5.2019
Julie S.
Billing Manager
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.1.2020

"Availity Review"

Kommentare: I wish some of the other features, like submitting authorizations worked. It has not worked for us since it launched. As far as patients benefits and eligibility though just finding out the basics such as what a patient owes for their visit is a beeze.

Vorteile: I like the ease of verifying benefits for our patients. It's quick and easy. Easily accessible. Never really have to worry about the site being down like other websites.

Nachteile: I do not like how they generalize the authorization benefits. Many patients it lists that authorization is required, however, when we call the company specified, they will tell us no authorization is required. I wish it were more true to each specific plan and not just generalized. We waste a lot of time on the phone to find out that an authorization it truly not required. Also, their tracking of benefits, most of the time does not work. We have had patient use up all their allotted benefits, and the website will still show they have all their visits remaining, when they truly do not.

• Bewertet am 6.1.2020
Quyen M.
Analyst
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.9.2019

"Availity= problems"

Kommentare: Awful! It is an awful site that does not try to do customer service or fix their problem. They try to close your tickets before it is resolved and when you tell them there is an issue. They tell you there is no issue.For instance, trying file a dispute on a claim and there is no Dispute option. I get this a lot and they tell me "there is no problem... You can file dispute...It has been resolved..." I still have the same problem after they say these things.

Vorteile: You can go to Eligibility to claims...most of the time.

Nachteile: There is a long list. A lot of times you cannot pick options like the secured message, disputes, etc. on claims. Then when you try contact their support team/customer service.They do not try to help you resolve your issues and they close your tickets before it is even solved. I spent over a week trying to explain to them things like your portal supposed to shows claims and Assurance (the support says it was Assurance issue) is where we send claims electronically. They have nothing to do with denials or claims that has been denied. I will stop here because I run into at least 2 or 3 issues a day for Availity.

• Bewertet am 27.9.2019
Amy G.
Medical Billing Manager
Versicherung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.2.2020

"Simple and Easy Program"

Kommentare: We use Availity daily to check eligibility for patients, check claims status, look up payments, and submit appeals. I find it to be the most useful insurance portal for these purposes that we have.

Vorteile: I appreciate the user friendliness of Availity, and the convenience of having so many insurances available on one website to check eligibility, claim status, records requests, etc. Some very useful insurance-specific functions have been added in the last few years that are incredibly helpful as well (ie BCBS ERM, BCBS "Reporting on Demand").

Nachteile: Some of the insurance-specific functions can be tricky to find, but our insurance provider reps have directed us to many helpful things in the last few years.

• Bewertet am 7.2.2020
Amy T.
  • Bewertet am 11.11.2019

"Insurance Benefit information at your fingertips! "

Kommentare: We are highly satisfied with Availity. The login process is simple, multiple users are allowed, we can search and use the software with ease. Information provided is accurate. Very satisfied

Vorteile: For years, our office would call the individual insurance companies to obtain insurance benefit information for our services. This would hold up a phone line, it would tie up our staff from providing the best service to our patients in the office... it wasn't a good situation. I was introduced to Availity a few years ago and have been impressed ever since. I can easily review patient benefits without skipping a beat in our conversation. A couple of key data entries and I can easily review and discuss with the patient what their financial responsibility would be for our care. Printer friendly too - which means we can supply all office staff with the pertinent information or give a copy to the patient.

Nachteile: The only con to Availity is that I wish they were enrolled with MORE insurances. There are still a few insurance companies that are not enrolled with Availity and that makes it difficult. I am so accustomed to using the software with patients, it is difficult to comprehend how tedious it is to call IVR options for non-enrolled insurances.

• Bewertet am 11.11.2019
Craig W.
Co-Owner
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.7.2019

"Saves crucial time and gives real-time insurance details"

Kommentare: This software allows us to discuss financial details with the patient that increases their understanding and maximizes our time with them.

Vorteile: This software allows us to pull real-time insurance plan coverage that is customized to our specific niche in the industry. This allows us to discuss financial details with the patient that increases their understanding and maximizes our time with them.

Nachteile: With a few smaller insurance plans (i.e. HealthChoice), we've learned the hard way that the information Availity shows is consistently incorrect. It will show a patient has a copay, when in reality they need to meet a deductible first. Initially, it created real difficulty and embarrassment regarding patient financials.

• Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Joyce T.
  • Bewertet am 25.2.2020

"Availity "

Kommentare: We love the ease of having all the Anthem claims information and eligibility in one place. It has helped save time for the users in the office while checking people in and out.

Vorteile: I like the ease of having eligibility and claim explanation of benefits all in one place. It is easy to use and to find things. It is a staple in our office. Easy to look up all the Anthem claims and EOB's for discussion on the phone with patients.

Nachteile: I do not like it when the system is down and we can not use it. It doesn't happen very often, but it does from time to time.

• Bewertet am 25.2.2020
Angela E.
Practice Manager
  • Bewertet am 20.2.2020

"Great product"

Kommentare: Availity has good customer support. They come to your office if needed to provide onsite training.

Vorteile: This product is easy to use and has streamlined our process by allowing one resource for multiple insurance carriers. We are able to do claims status, eligibility, benefits, prior auths and many other duties.

Nachteile: I am not a huge fan of the screen changing for different insurance carriers. I would prefer the same format for all insurance carriers.

• Bewertet am 20.2.2020
Jessica R.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.2.2020

"Great portal for Eligibility and Authorizations"

Kommentare: I Like receiving reminder emails to update our directory when we are due.

Vorteile: It is very easy to pull eligibilities, obtain authorizations, and even add users using this portal.

Nachteile: The Provider Directory Management can be confusing especially if you have multiple doctors. The layout could be simplified to show all locations and all providers at once instead of individually.

Nancy D.
Compliance Officer
  • Bewertet am 6.2.2020

"Hate that you have to subscribe for some features."

Kommentare: Would like to just have to use name and DOB for all patients.

Vorteile: Easy to use to look up eligibility information on a patient for certain payers. The process is pretty streamlined.

Nachteile: You have to pay for a premium subscription and with some payers you have to have the member ID or you can't get eligibility information.

Lauren M.
Healthcare Manager
  • Bewertet am 4.5.2019

"Major time saver and generates accurate benefits/eligibility information!"

Kommentare: Availity has increased productivity and efficiency in the office as a major time saver. In most cases, Availity has replaced the need to call insurance companies and deal with long hold times, inaccurate information, and miscommunication with insurance representatives.

Vorteile: Availity is a game changer when it comes to checking general patient health insurance policy benefits/eligibility. Phone calls to insurance companies can take up to an hour so the fact that Availity is capable of pulling up the same information in less than a minute is incredibly valuable. Furthermore, when I have compared the information generated through Availity to the details verbally given over the phone by an insurance representative, there is basically no difference. There have been a few times that Availity has provided even more accurate policy data than the live reps! The interface is easy to use and there are multiple ways to pull up a patient's health plan, so even if you don't have the exact ID number, you can use name, DOB, etc. and usually find the patient. Availity is really easy to use and has been a great tool for my practice.

Nachteile: There is a feature on Availity that allows you to pull up the actual image of a patient's insurance card, which is really great. It usually doesn't work, however. It would be great if this tool was fully functional and could bring up the ID itself. There are a few major insurance companies that aren't available via Availity, so we end up needing to call for those patients.

• Bewertet am 4.5.2019
Heidi H.
  • Bewertet am 14.1.2020

"Availity for Chiropractic Practice"

Kommentare: Overall my experience with availity is positive. It is convenient to be able to check benefits from multiple insurance companies in one place. Customer service has been good when needed.

Vorteile: Availity allows you to check patient insurance benefits for multiple insurance companies. It is convenient to be able to check the majority of benefits in one place. One of my favorite features is the ability to add patients into the system so you don't have to re-enter their information every time you need to check benefits.

Nachteile: Availity doesn't always provide the necessary benefit information. We often have to call the insurance company to get the necessary details. Sometimes the benefit information provided on Availity is different from the information given over the phone. Acupuncture benefits are often incorrect, so we must call to verify for every patient who gets acupuncture treatments.

• Bewertet am 14.1.2020
Kaja K.
Support Staff
  • Bewertet am 10.7.2018

"I use Availity to check claim and eligibility status for various insurances. "

Kommentare: I give it "Extremely likely" to recommend this product to others because some insurance companies will only deal with you through Availity. You just have no other choice. If that were not the case, I would still give it a 7.

Vorteile: I like that I have access to eligibility and claim status for multiple insurance companies in one place. Some of the companies even let you manage your prior auth/referrals through Availity.

Nachteile: Sometimes Availity fights with me horribly. I would like to be able to use our billing NPI to check the status of claims for all insurance companies, but most require the provider's NPI and that is just more difficult. Also, a few of our newer provider's NPIs are not loaded so I can't check their claim status at all. That is frustrating because some insurance companies won't give you claim status over the phone.

• Bewertet am 10.7.2018
Altrina T.
reimbursement manager
  • Bewertet am 21.12.2018

"Availity"

Vorteile: pros for Avalility are being able to pull insurance verifications for certain insurance like Florida Blue, and print remits for checks we receive with the EOB attached. its pretty easy to use but the page does seem a little busy so sometimes it can take you a minute to find the link you need to click on if its not one you use all the time. it very easy to setup new employees with access and to do a password reset. the informartion given on the verifications is very helpful and gives more than some of the

Nachteile: i recevie emails telling me i hav med dos request when i do not use the clearinghouse portion of the software, then a few days later i will get an email saying i dont need to send anything.

• Bewertet am 21.12.2018
Lauren T.
Business Manager
  • Bewertet am 1.3.2019

"A necessity for medical offices"

Kommentare: Our medical practice depends heavily on Availity's website on a daily basis. It allows us to look up patients' insurance benefits through most insurance companies without having to call in, Electronic Remittance Advices are easy to look up, and we are able to keep insurance companies up-to-date with our practice and doctor information through their services. And best of all, it's free! We have used Availity for years, and plan to continue for many years to come.

Vorteile: This website allows a variety of necessary functions for any medical practice. It is easy to use, and very convenient.

Nachteile: Their customer service leaves much to be desired. And the CareCalc/Cost Estimator functions often go down.

• Bewertet am 1.3.2019
Rebekah R.
Sales Associate
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.3.2019

"Perfect for looking up anyone's insurance"

Kommentare: It allows us to get insurance information for our patients pretty seamlessly and makes it super easy!

Vorteile: What I like most about this software is that you are able to look up insurance for anyone. It gives you details that you need for the service that you are providing without having to always call the insurance themselves to get the information you need.

Nachteile: What I like least about this product is that if you are looking for specific details about a service sometimes it does not give you what you need. Also, it tends to time out as well as have maintenance issues every now and then.

• Bewertet am 30.3.2019
Melody E.
Billing Manager Assistant
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.5.2019

"Great online resource to review health insurance benefits!"

Kommentare: Overall, this has been a very useful program and in my opinion, the best place to check Medicare insurance benefits. There are many insurances accessible in this website, which is great also. The very first time I used it, I was able to navigate through the program and do exactly what I needed to without explanation or confusion. Definitely worth using if you need to access health insurance information, and beats a phone call for benefit checks any day!

Vorteile: I can check health insurance benefits online, update provider profiles, access many different insurances companies and it's all very user friendly and easy to understand.

Nachteile: Some of the health insurance companies only have limited information on the website, so it can feel frustrating when you can't access everything you'd like to.

• Bewertet am 2.5.2019
Ann H.
CEO And Founder
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.4.2019

"A great way to check insurance benefits and claims services"

Kommentare: It is a delight to have this option rather than calling in and having to wait on hold for a quick question.

Vorteile: I am able to access Availity and find out the status of claims or check eligibility without having to go through the steps of calling in and waiting on hold. This saves so much time on a daily basis.

Nachteile: I can't look up a client by name and birth date without the insurance number. This can pose a problem if numbers were inverted. This is a small problem that is usually solved by bringing up the insurance card and double checking.

• Bewertet am 15.4.2019
Altrina T.
Director of Reimbursement
  • Bewertet am 26.7.2019

"Availity"

Vorteile: We use Avality most for Insurance verification and to pull remits for certain payors. its very easy to use when verifying insurance its give you up to date correct information

Nachteile: I often get emails saying I need to attach medical documents to claims when we don't submit claims through availity, its also difficult sometime to pull up remit information with a check # because of although the check I have in front of me might say BC/BS Minnesota I may have to use a different payor name on the list in availity

• Bewertet am 26.7.2019
Martha C.
  • Bewertet am 12.7.2018

"Easy to Use! Fast Results!"

Kommentare: Up to date Insurance eligibility answers.

Vorteile: We use this software to check insurance eligibility for our patients. Its quick! Has multiple search options to find your patient and the results are easy to understand.

Nachteile: If there is something that can be considered a con: It would be the verification of information on a quarterly basis. We are a home health agency and not an MD office so navigating through the verification questions are cumbersome.

• Bewertet am 12.7.2018
Jessica M.
Billing Coordinator
  • Bewertet am 9.4.2019

"Quick and Efficient "

Vorteile: This website is accurate and up to date with pt information. Pulling benefits and elig for pts, this site tells you if the pt has other primary ins, and what it is, to verify we have the correct information in our system. Being able to view multiple insurance company information for elig for pts.

Nachteile: Not being able to submit claims, viewing fee schedules for all insurance company's.

• Bewertet am 9.4.2019
Kristina P.
  • Bewertet am 8.3.2018

"I use it to check patient benefits and submit insurance claims."

Kommentare: Patient benefits information and insurance billing.

Vorteile: It has drop down menus and check boxes that make it virtually impossible to submit the wrong information for insurance billing. It walks me through a claim step by step to allow me to do my chiropractic insurance billing. I also like that it shows me patient benefits with up to date co-pays and deductible information.

Nachteile: I wish it offered access to more insurance companies. It has the main ones that I use, but there are a few that don't allow me to check benefits and eligibility through Availity.

• Bewertet am 8.3.2018
Keytiana H.
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.1.2019

"A wonderful resource"

Vorteile: I really appreciate Availity. Running a practice, it made life so much easier. Before we had to confirm client’s Insurance, worry about collections, remember to update insurance info with expiration dates and more when we used an older software. Availity cuts all of that out and allows you way more time to do other things instead of worry about every single detail about charging for sessions. Their customer service is also so great. We could contact them anytime and they would respond very quickly.

Nachteile: They’re slightly expensive and take it out of the payments made to you so if you aren’t taking in a lot of money, it may not be your best bet.

• Bewertet am 3.1.2019
Claire W.
Business Owner
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.12.2018

"Increases efficiency and flow of patient care"

Kommentare: Availity is an integral part of our work flow and a program we use almost every day.

Vorteile: Availity helps our office provide excellent service to patients by correctly understand their insurance plan benefits as they relate to the care we provide. We are able to inform patients on financial details at the beginning of their treatment, which they appreciate very much.

Nachteile: A few times the benefits listed have been completely wrong, creating misinformation for the patient and more work for the office.

• Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Jessica C.
Insurance Biller
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.12.2019

"Not the best, not the worst"

Kommentare: It's great for using on a daily basic for checking patients insurance coverage but I would love them to stop changing the website so often.

Vorteile: I like that you can check multiple insurances on this website at a time and that it saves your last search in case you need to go back to it.

Nachteile: When it comes to the explanation of benefits / billing side of things, they keep trying to improve things and in my option its making it worse. The old way, was the best way. I am all up for change but they are changing it too much.

• Bewertet am 3.12.2019