Über Availity

Verwalte den Umsatzzyklus mit Tools, mit denen du im Voraus mehr erfassen und zugleich die Abrechnung und Erstattung optimieren kannst.

Erfahre mehr über Availity

It provides easy access to employees for learn the billing software platform. The customer services are helpful once you finally get through to the department you are looking for.

The only thing negative that I can say about this software is that it takes a little while to learn how to navigate...not the most user friendly site I use.

Bewertungen zu Availity

3,7
3,5
3,7
3,9

Availity hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 128 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Availity bereits verwendet?

Rebekah
Rebekah
Sales Associate in USA
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Perfect for looking up anyone's insurance

Kommentare: It allows us to get insurance information for our patients pretty seamlessly and makes it super easy!

What I like most about this software is that you are able to look up insurance for anyone. It gives you details that you need for the service that you are providing without having to always call the insurance themselves to get the information you need.

What I like least about this product is that if you are looking for specific details about a service sometimes it does not give you what you need. Also, it tends to time out as well as have maintenance issues every now and then.

Lauren
Healthcare Manager in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Major time saver and generates accurate benefits/eligibility information!

Kommentare: Availity has increased productivity and efficiency in the office as a major time saver. In most cases, Availity has replaced the need to call insurance companies and deal with long hold times, inaccurate information, and miscommunication with insurance representatives.

Availity is a game changer when it comes to checking general patient health insurance policy benefits/eligibility. Phone calls to insurance companies can take up to an hour so the fact that Availity is capable of pulling up the same information in less than a minute is incredibly valuable. Furthermore, when I have compared the information generated through Availity to the details verbally given over the phone by an insurance representative, there is basically no difference. There have been a few times that Availity has provided even more accurate policy data than the live reps! The interface is easy to use and there are multiple ways to pull up a patient's health plan, so even if you don't have the exact ID number, you can use name, DOB, etc. and usually find the patient. Availity is really easy to use and has been a great tool for my practice.

There is a feature on Availity that allows you to pull up the actual image of a patient's insurance card, which is really great. It usually doesn't work, however. It would be great if this tool was fully functional and could bring up the ID itself. There are a few major insurance companies that aren't available via Availity, so we end up needing to call for those patients.

Quyen
Analyst in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Availity= problems

Kommentare: Awful! It is an awful site that does not try to do customer service or fix their problem. They try to close your tickets before it is resolved and when you tell them there is an issue. They tell you there is no issue.For instance, trying file a dispute on a claim and there is no Dispute option. I get this a lot and they tell me "there is no problem... You can file dispute...It has been resolved..." I still have the same problem after they say these things.

You can go to Eligibility to claims...most of the time.

There is a long list. A lot of times you cannot pick options like the secured message, disputes, etc. on claims. Then when you try contact their support team/customer service.They do not try to help you resolve your issues and they close your tickets before it is even solved. I spent over a week trying to explain to them things like your portal supposed to shows claims and Assurance (the support says it was Assurance issue) is where we send claims electronically. They have nothing to do with denials or claims that has been denied. I will stop here because I run into at least 2 or 3 issues a day for Availity.

Beverly
Patient Education in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Super Helpful and a Great Time Saver!

Kommentare: Availity is a super helpful tool that saves you from having to deal directly with patient's insurance companies. It's a big time saver!

Availity was used in my previous office to check medical insurance benefits for our patients. When I first started there my job was to call the insurance companies directly and check to see what fertility benefits the patients had. This was a complete nightmare and sometimes I would be on the phone for a couple of hours checking benefits for one patients...and sometimes I never got the info I needed. It was SO time consuming and frustrating. When Availity came along - it allowed me to check their benefits in a matter of seconds. A few insurance companies are not on Availity - so occasionally you still have to call.

Availity customer service do not seem to be very helpful when you need to call directly. I also somehow ended up calling a different department at Availity and could never get transferred top the area that I needed. I just stopped calling Availity. If I needed info and had to call - I just called the Insurance company directly instead.

Kaja
Kaja
Support Staff in USA

I use Availity to check claim and eligibility status for various insurances.

Kommentare: I give it "Extremely likely" to recommend this product to others because some insurance companies will only deal with you through Availity. You just have no other choice. If that were not the case, I would still give it a 7.

I like that I have access to eligibility and claim status for multiple insurance companies in one place. Some of the companies even let you manage your prior auth/referrals through Availity.

Sometimes Availity fights with me horribly. I would like to be able to use our billing NPI to check the status of claims for all insurance companies, but most require the provider's NPI and that is just more difficult. Also, a few of our newer provider's NPIs are not loaded so I can't check their claim status at all. That is frustrating because some insurance companies won't give you claim status over the phone.

Irina
Director in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Nothing but a nightmare!

Kommentare: SUPER DIFFICULT to get any useful information that you need regarding claims or claim status.

If the EOB shows up, it's fairly easy to use. IF!! being the operative word. Also entering a claim through Availity is fairly simple, but it'll do you little good because you won't be able to find it after

Ability to locate claims that you entered. Ability to verify patient's benefits

Kamber
Office Administrator in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Availity is a HUGE disappointment

Kommentare: My overall experience is that life was better before Availity. BCBS of TN and Humana had PERFECT websites, now I have issues all the time with Availity. I can't even get benefits for Aetna and Availity seems uninterested to help. Overall I absolutely wish Availity would disappear.

Nothing, there is no positive to Availity since we had to use them. Nothing at all.

Constantly having intermittent issues (system always down) and constantly changing platform. Most recently they made looking up benefits more difficult than before.

Raees
Raees
Medical Biller in Pakistan
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Patient Insurance benefits coverage verification is too easy

Kommentare: We are using this to know patients benefit coverage details and in every state big insurance companies benefit details found under one account it’s good and time saving thing best thing you get correct HMO or PPO details with this you can reduce your denials volume if you submit your claim after verification to correct vendors happy with this services

We are using this to know benefits of patients coverage every time you know correct benefits details to know what is cover under patient current benefits plan

Some time insurance request a medical records to review a per payment review in this part and filling appeal through portal you are facing some extra time need to improve more

Ann
Ann
CEO And Founder in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A great way to check insurance benefits and claims services

Kommentare: It is a delight to have this option rather than calling in and having to wait on hold for a quick question.

I am able to access Availity and find out the status of claims or check eligibility without having to go through the steps of calling in and waiting on hold. This saves so much time on a daily basis.

I can't look up a client by name and birth date without the insurance number. This can pose a problem if numbers were inverted. This is a small problem that is usually solved by bringing up the insurance card and double checking.

Keytiana
Keytiana
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A wonderful resource

I really appreciate Availity. Running a practice, it made life so much easier. Before we had to confirm client’s Insurance, worry about collections, remember to update insurance info with expiration dates and more when we used an older software. Availity cuts all of that out and allows you way more time to do other things instead of worry about every single detail about charging for sessions. Their customer service is also so great. We could contact them anytime and they would respond very quickly.

They’re slightly expensive and take it out of the payments made to you so if you aren’t taking in a lot of money, it may not be your best bet.

Kristin
Customer Servicce in USA
Versicherung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great Tool, When It Wants To Be...

Kommentare: Overall, its a great tool! I think for a program that has not the great reputation, its can be VERY handy! It houses a great deal of information and can save contacts from having to waste time holding for a phone call when its just a few clicks away! There are surely some improvements that can be made, for example the search feature, having to search by a few different methods in order to get to the results and it matches exactly what you were typing in is kind of a thumbs down, but it is overall a great time saving tool (when it wants to be!)

I am impressed with the amount of data housed and how easily it is to add new payors into your portal, or submit items for review such as authorizations or even reviewing EOR/EOBs, and claim status.

Sometimes you are typing in the exactly the correct items and you have to submit it 2 or 3 different ways before it "picks up what you're putting down"! I will enter the check number- search.. nothing, claims number-search..nothing, then search a date of service and billed amount and BAM! there it is, same claim number, same check number I tried in previous searches.

Lauren
Business Manager in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A necessity for medical offices

Kommentare: Our medical practice depends heavily on Availity's website on a daily basis. It allows us to look up patients' insurance benefits through most insurance companies without having to call in, Electronic Remittance Advices are easy to look up, and we are able to keep insurance companies up-to-date with our practice and doctor information through their services. And best of all, it's free! We have used Availity for years, and plan to continue for many years to come.

This website allows a variety of necessary functions for any medical practice. It is easy to use, and very convenient.

Their customer service leaves much to be desired. And the CareCalc/Cost Estimator functions often go down.

Altrina
Director of Reimbursement in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Availity

We use Avality most for Insurance verification and to pull remits for certain payors. its very easy to use when verifying insurance its give you up to date correct information

I often get emails saying I need to attach medical documents to claims when we don't submit claims through availity, its also difficult sometime to pull up remit information with a check # because of although the check I have in front of me might say BC/BS Minnesota I may have to use a different payor name on the list in availity

Martha
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to Use! Fast Results!

Kommentare: Up to date Insurance eligibility answers.

We use this software to check insurance eligibility for our patients. Its quick! Has multiple search options to find your patient and the results are easy to understand.

If there is something that can be considered a con: It would be the verification of information on a quarterly basis. We are a home health agency and not an MD office so navigating through the verification questions are cumbersome.

Jessica
Billing Coordinator in USA

Quick and Efficient

This website is accurate and up to date with pt information. Pulling benefits and elig for pts, this site tells you if the pt has other primary ins, and what it is, to verify we have the correct information in our system. Being able to view multiple insurance company information for elig for pts.

Not being able to submit claims, viewing fee schedules for all insurance company's.

melissa
secretary in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

great software

Kommentare: i love it! it is part of my everyday use while at work

i love how i can verify insurance and obtains authorizations on so many different insurances all in on place. it's nice how they have both out of net work and in net work benefits.

i don't like that not all different lines of medicaid and medicare are included, and missing local insurances.

Nate
Owner Dentist in USA

Absolute Worst!

Kommentare: Horrible. Don't use Availity if you can avoid it. Don't pay any fees to them to use their additional services. not worth it. Waste of time and money. I really wish Availity would change their platform to actually work.

Availity is the worst platform I have ever seen or used. I really really dislike how the platform is laid out and how non-userfriendly it is. You really can't accomplish anything on this platform. I have certain insurance companies that I work with that request that we use Availity. This is the only reason that I am using it...forced to do it! You will get error code after error code with Availity.

Everything! I am not sure that there is one thing that I like about Availity. Horrible.

MARISSELA
BILLER in USA
Internet, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

NEVER WORKS

Kommentare: HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, NEVER WORKS TAKES FOREVER

ALWAYS HAVING INTERMITTENT ISSUES, NEVER GET RESOLVED ALWAYS END UP HAVING TO CALL INSURANCES DIRECTLY

FIX THE DOWN TIMES BECAUSE ITS ALWAYS DOWN ONE OR OTHER INSURANCE ALWAYS FACE INTERMITTENT ISSUES VERY USELESS IF YOU HAVE TO END UP CALLING

JENNIFER

Usually good

I like the ease of being able to electronically bill several insurance companies at once. It is also nice to be able to retrieve eobs.

Sometimes bills that show as accepted on the availity portal, somehow disappear before the insurance companies receive them.

Jay
Jay
Owner, Service Provider in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Irresponsible to it's customers.

Kommentare: Availity played games with my termination form and refused to terminate services. Availity should be fined.

Not one single thing about availity is good.

I tried for months to terminate my monthly payment and contract. I got absolutely no help with the process. I get spam emails from "do not reply" emails about services and agreements. This Availity feels like a criminal enterprise- they care none for the customer and only about finding ways to keep charging you monthly fees. It costs $250 an hour to waste time on this $35/month charge. I hate Availity.

Kirk
office manager in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good service

We use availity every day in our practice from verifying insurance to referrals to patient cost estimator. love the service and the ease of use

Do not like how pt cost estimator doesw not work with BCBS

Heather
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Availity makes my job easier!

Kommentare: My overall experience with Availity has been a good one. I do not have any complaints at this time.

I like being able to go online and look up information rather than having to make an actual phone call. My job requires me to answer the phone and check patients in and out. Availity helps make my job easier by allowing me to look up information on my time.

I have been fortunate in my experiences with Availity. I have not encountered anything that would cause me to dislike this software.

Versicherung

Availity is confusing, time consuming and frustrating to use.

Kommentare: There is no other software out there to find info on Regence patients. They have a monopoly.

In comparing Availity with other software of the same type, there are not many things I like about Availity. I can add providers to one log on, that is helpful and efficient. Ease to switch from page to page, provider to provider.

The info needed to find eligibility on patients is a lot and time consuming. Too many clicks to get around the site. The log on process is laborious and it is too easy to lock yourself out.

Rachel
Office Manger in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Makes insurance verification and benefits easy

Easy to navigate benefits and insurance verification. The added feature to verify pre-determination by CPTs is a timesaver. Remittance search easy to navigate. Love being able to see CMS benefits and eligibility. Easy to navigate to payer spaces for additional information.

Claims search can be cumbersome if you don't have a claim number already. Also, wish more insurance companies available versus having to log in to different portals.

Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Take insurance? A must.

Honestly the easiest thing to use in my opinion. If you cannot figure out how to use this and interpret insurance benefits I really don't know what to say!!! SOO EASY AND USEFUL

No complaints. It is very useful for majority of the insurances our practice takes