Beware!

Bewertet am 14.4.2019
Michael M.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our overall experience was very frustrating, and expensive. We lost business and time. We spent many hours setting up their system, only to never be able to use it.

Vorteile: We were clients of Rezovation, which was purchased by Eviivo Suite. We went through the process of migrating over to Eviivo, so we did go through the training process, downloading the new calendar, etc. The system appeared to be very much like Rezovation, which we found to be an excellent system. If they get their technical problems sorted out, then this might be a very good reservation system in the future.

Nachteile: However, our experience was that Eviivo was never able to migrate our data over due to issues with converting currencies to Canadian dollars. They initially kept telling us that it would be corrected very soon. Then they quit responding to our phone calls and emails. During the process the old Rezovation system that they'd left running in the interim also had problems and we often had to take it down off of our website completely. We feel that we definitely lost business during the periods that we didn't have an on line booking system. We called and emailed them numerous times to at least get a progress report and, for at least the last month, they didn't even respond to our calls or answer our emails. We definitely cannot recommend this product for any Canadian companies at this time (we don't know if it's functioning elsewhere).

Hi Michael,

We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Rezo.

We did experience some difficulties in being able to get back to customers during this period and apologise for the service level during this time

If you could provide us with some contact details we would like to be able to get in touch to discuss this personally with you.

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

Bewertet am 11.2.2019
Sheri S.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Eviivo has cost our business time and money. I am now looking to replace eviivo with another booking engine. It's a shame that the customer service is so lacking because I really had hoped I would like their product. Especially after being on Webervations for 15 yrs which saw virtually no improvements to their calendar despite so many technical advancements in that timeframe which really makes my point...how could eviivo be so much worse than the antiquated and outdated Webervations? At least Weber worked reliably and never cost me reservations.

Vorteile: Absolutely nothing. Booking engine is NOT working. Their customer service is NON EXISTENT. Phone calls go to voice mail, emails unanswered, support tickets unanswered, online chat spotty at best.

Nachteile: This booking engine is unreliable at best. Since going "live" 2 weeks ago I have not received a reservation thru eviivo because it doesn't work. I have received calls from guests who were unable to complete their booking online which was exactly my experience after I conducted my own test to ensure their system was actually functioning. My test booking never went thru...just kept cycling back to the reservation page. I am 2 weeks into this and have not even received a phone call back from eviivo and the booking engine is still NOT working. The customer service is NON EXISTENT. No one answers the phone, their online chat support is not staffed and most often is unavailable, email and support tickets go unanswered. I have a small lodging property and pride myself on being responsive to the requests of my guests. I am dumbfounded by the total lack of regard eviivo has for their customers. Each day that goes by without the booking engine working properly is costing my business revenue and disservicing my guests. Here are more negatives:
1. The address field asks only for a zip code and not the guests full address. Why?
2. The Discover card and Amex logos do not appear as accepted forms of payment even if your business accepts them. 3. The confirmation letter generated is poorly worded, is largely not customizable and is confusing for a guest to understand. 4. The booking page uses language native to the UK but not the US. Ex: Forename and Surname vs First and Last name.

Hi Sheri,

We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Weber.

We experienced some difficulties in being able to get back to customers during this period and apologise for the service level during this time

If you'd like to discuss this with us personally please do provide us with some contact details and we'll be in touch.

Eviivo has been Very Harmful to our Business since Going Live

Bewertet am 6.2.2019
Audrey W.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: There are some useful software features to optimize OTA listings. Being able to manage multiple properties from one account is helpful.

Nachteile: Eviivo has been very harmful to our business since our Go Live date on 1/28/19. We expected that the Go Live process wouldn't be perfect, but their complete lack of customer support and communication concerning very urgent issues is unacceptable. Our properties are actively losing revenue every day this continues. Our customer service is suffering. We are unable to complete accounting reports and prepare monthly tax liabilities. For a company whose self-proclaimed mission is "to champion the independent sector and help small hotels, B&Bs, and accommodation providers succeed online", it is unsettling that our repeated requests for technical support have gone ignored. By limiting their clients' ability to govern their own account settings, Eviivo has made itself essential in this process. Not responding to support requests or even acknowledging them is simply unacceptable. The magnitude of the switchover from ReZovation is irrelevant; Eviivo imposed this deadline on its customers, not the other way around. The setup process was focused on making sure our properties were optimized for OTA searches rather than ensuring that our understanding of the process was clear. Most of the initial calls were a checklist to make sure we had pictures uploaded and amenities selected. Eviivo did not mention that we wouldn't be able to access something as fundamental as a Revenue Report or Occupancy Report without upgrading to the premium subscription rates. Eviivo does not understand their clientele; proactive customer service and guest recovery are important factors that differentiate small hotels from the large brands. Support isn't even available after business hours-- their business hours, not ours. Eviivo's website states that they have a guaranteed 24hr turnaround for their Support Query. Our guarantee has not been met several times over. Eviivo's indifference is inexcusable.

Hi Audrey,

We're sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Rezo.

Bad, bad customer service

Bewertet am 7.9.2019
Ken & W.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Only allow chat support. Added a feature and am paying for it but not delivered. Chat support person says will email department responsible but will not let me contact them directly. Was told a person left and did not finish my request. It has been 6 weeks and still no action.

Vorteile: Easy to use calendar, shows full month and color coding is helpful.

Nachteile: Customer support is terrible. They stopped using phone support and announced chat support only. The problem is chat support does not have the authority to fix anything.

Had to switch

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Raina S.
Hotel clerk
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It functions just enough to get us through the day. We are not impressed so far.

Vorteile: It is mostly similar in function to our old software, which was acquired by Eviivo.

Nachteile: Our old software company was acquired by Eviivo, so we had no choice in the matter of switching to it. So far, customer service is very difficult to contact, although it is a bit better than it was the first few weeks we had it. There are glitches and interruptions in service. It frequently logs you out, with no option to do so less often. In fact, it is not customizable at all, and our confirmation letters, for instance, do not read as we'd like. Reports are difficult to obtain, and not being able to customize them, do not contain all the information we need to give housekeeping, etc. There is nowhere to record our extensive database of gift certificate numbers.

Up to date real time bookings

Lee S.

Kommentare: One stop shop

Vorteile: Simple to operate and keep all my bookings in one place never had a double booking with eviivo. Eviivo was my first point of contact back in 2012 and I have used the suite to both manage my bookings as well as my website

Nachteile: Only niggle is not being able to simply move a close out - have to delete it then re close out. Sadly its a shame that there is an ongoing monthly charge even if no bookings have come through but this has been evened out with no charges on direct online bookings

"Less is More"

Bewertet am 21.3.2019
Dawn B.
Innkeeper/Special Event Coordinator
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

Kommentare: *80% of the required information, including images of the property and rooms, already lists on the perspective clients website, therefore this is redundant and nonessential.
*Eviivo is merely the reservations booking engine for a company, who already has a website, therefore the format and the content of the entire booking engine should be MUCH more simplistic. The plethora of "bells & whistles" is unnecessary and creates additional input work for the client.
*A considerable amount of the lodging verbiage used for descriptions of the property and rooms is not relevant to businesses located in the USA.
The tactic of forcing clients to convert by a specific date is unprofessional conduct on the part of Eviivo. Shutting down a client's current booking engine prematurely, prior to sorting out migration "bugs" and issues, will definitely cause a substantial loss of revenue for the client. In addition, Customer Support should be available during USA business hours, not UK ones; with extended after-hours support available during the initial migration phase, at the very least.

Vorteile: Thus far...nothing. After reading all of the online reviews, I am extremely concerned about loosing business and revenue, by being forced to switch to Eviivo, from Webervations, which I am VERY happy with.

Nachteile: *required input of redundant information, which already lists on my business website (pictures & property/room details)
*lack of tech support
*the current format is not user friendly; needs to be much more simplistic
*system does not allow a party of 2 guests to book a larger room (Booking Engine will only display available rooms that match the number of guests)
*lack of pricing breakdown for individual dates, when multiple dates are booked
*lodging verbiage which is irrelevant to businesses located in the USA

Hi Dawn,

We're sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Webervations.

eviivo

Even the IRS has better customer support

Bewertet am 4.4.2019
Michael S.
General Manager
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The software has some good potential. It's overall interface is nice and it should in theory be able to connect with many ota's.

Nachteile: There is practically no customer support in the USA. I realize they are quite busy migrating customers from rezovation to eviivo, but thats no excuse for completely ignoring your customers. we had a problem with our migration from Rezovation to Eviivo. A lot of our historic data from the last few months disappeared. I've left Voicemails and online queries for the last 10 days and no one ever returns my calls or respond to the queries. They have an online chat function which would be great for reaching customer support- but it's been unavailable during regular business hours for the last few weeks. I've had credit card payments that show as approved in their system, but their card processor, Cardpointe has no record of them and I've never been paid. One of our room categories has 1 king bed and a max occupancy of 2. I set it up in their system as a max occupancy of 2 but they are showing it in my online booking engine as a max occupancy of 4. They seem to not thing this is an important enough issue to warrant a return call. Overall, this has been a disaster. I was really excited to make the switch at first, but i never in my wildest dreams imagined that their guaranteed max turnaround time of 24 hours for support questions would turn into 10days of unreturned calls. If you are considering switching to eviivo, I would reconsider. Perhaps someday they'll get their act together, but that day does not appear to be today.

Hi Michael,

eviivo

Eviivo makes my life easier... very intuitive software.. eviivo is a joy to work with

Kim M.
B&B owner

Vorteile: Diary is quick easy way to manage multiple OTAs
Startup help with training and website development was great
Online help chat very helpful and quick
Reports to see how business is doing are very useful
Promos very easy to setup and pushed out instantly

Nachteile: The monthly invoice from eviivo is a little difficult to read and reconcile
Having to login every few minutes... would like option to stay logged in or for a longer period of timeu

Not just a software. Eviivo is a great team , ready to help,just what my small Guest House needs.

Bewertet am 25.6.2018
Hazel G.
Creative Guest House Host and Community Artist

Vorteile: Easy to use and great reports available. The set up was very simple and the training provided on line was very clear and accessible. Excellent support from the Eviivo team throughout the period I have been using the software.

Nachteile: I am probably not using all the software to its maximum for my business; but this is my fault not theirs. I need to invest a little more time in using the software which will save me time in the longer run.

Generally good and easy to work with, generally happy

Bewertet am 24.6.2018
Franziska B.

Vorteile: Good overview (dairy), easy to make bookings, easy access to guest registrations, last software releases really improved

Nachteile: Some things are are hard to find (like changing minimum/maximum stays), searching quite a while for things you don't need every day, some overviews are confusing (like since Airbnb is involved, I have a base rate and and Airbnb rate); the App definitely needs improvement, not using it anymore

NO COSTUMER SERVICE!!!

Bewertet am 30.4.2019
Chris H.
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Eviivo signs you up, then you will never hear from them again, and dont expect to get the money they owe you. And in case your thinking the otas should being paying me, I contacted Expedia, who did answer immediately, everything is done through eviivo, since I'm connected to them through eviivo.

Vorteile: There are some very useful options with eviivo. Connecting to Otas is easy, and being able to set up different seasonal pricing without having to go in and change.

Nachteile: Absolutely no customer service. In the process of going from rezo to eviivo and connecting to the otas through eviivo and not bedandbreakfast.com, I received a reservation. It was lost in transition. I could never get an answer from eviivo. I emailed, tried their online chat, sat for an hour waiting for someone to come on to no avail. Yes it was during their listed hours. I have had them now 2 months, still haven't received any ota payments. Again emailed, have waited for chat. Finally called the only number available and they cant help with that, it accounting. No one from accounting says there. They would call me back. I'm still waiting!!

Customer support is non-existent

Bewertet am 4.2.2019
Todd J.
VP of Finance

Kommentare: We were required to move away from Rezovation when eviio acquired them. The migration has been very frustrating. Almost impossible to get someone to speak with to ask questions. To be fair to them I'm sure they have lots and lots of calls with others in my situation, but it seems like they greatly underestimated the resources they would need to have to migrate all of the customers.
I certainly hope that the software is stable once launched because getting someone to help is very challenging.

Vorteile: Interface seems nice. Most of the setup has been straightforward

Nachteile: Some typical US English and US lodging terms need to be added. It appears that some features that were standard with our previous software will require an additional module with an additional charge from eviivo (customized email templates, integration with payment processing).

Hi Todd,

If you'd like to discuss this with us personally please share some contact details and we'll be in touch.

eviivo

Eviivo allows us to enjoy the benefits of a large group while being a small establishment.

Thierry S.
Exploitant chambre d'hôtes

Vorteile: The real time management of the planning and this whatever the origin of the reservation. The presence on many sites without having to intervene. A management tool of our tariffs easy to use

Nachteile: I do not use the billing tool because we had one before joining Eviivo. Everything suits me on the site of Eviivo and it is difficult to say what suits me the least.

Does everything I need in a booking system.

Barbara M.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Able to see all booking from all channels. Ease of payment.

Vorteile: I like being able to make promo codes for marketing purposes, I like being able to use my MOTO System for taking payments.

Nachteile: Adding rates takes a bit of time to get your head around and set up. I don't like the booking showing up as an alert after you have received and taken payment from another card ok.

Grossly Misrepresented and Fell way short!

Bewertet am 31.3.2019
Sue ann M.
Innkeeper/Owner
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Eviivo was no more ready to get in to the US Bed and Breakfast software business than the Man in the Moon. I Regret the moment Expedia bought Rezovation and again the day Expedia sold our info to Eviivo. This is an Inn Program that doesn't accommodate Gift Certificates!! It doesn't have Vehicle Info on the Registration Form!! - It puts the private Internal Desk Notes on the Maids Sheet and doesn't see where that's a problem... Totally incapable of taking over Rezo customers and sales team totally misrepresented their abilities.

Vorteile: That it is a Month to Month contract and I can leave.

Nachteile: ZERO Customer Service - Laughable that they say Chat and Email Customer Service - Never available - Chat closed or backed way up. Couldn't answer question when finally reached - Totally infuriating

Hi SUe Ann,

eviivo

Deceitful pricing and terrible support! Stay away!

Bewertet am 13.6.2019
Paul L.
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I understand that not all software is perfect but the main problem we have is that critical bugs have gone unfixed for over 5 months and the organization has been deceitful in their contracting. They promised a similar monthly payment for similar functionality but we are paying over 3 times more for less functions. This is not ok.

Vorteile: It looks like the software could have potential if they were able to fix issues in a timely manner. While they have some good pieces of functionality, they get lost amongst all the other bugs and lack of functionality.

Nachteile: I want to start by saying we were patient for over 4 months understanding that Eviivo was managing many migrations from rezovation and issues would arise, but after 6 months we have run out of patience!
The customer services organization is terrible! It is not the agents fault but any contact always leads to a dead end and we cannot get any manager to contact us. The software has constant outages that are never mentioned and they cannot fix basic but critical issues as getting accurate time stamps for reporting. Currently since their servers are in the UK all our transactions are logged 8 hours later than the actual time making our financials all wrong. This issues has been going on for about 5 months with no fix.
Sales also was deceitful during our migration process resulting in us paying over 3 times more than we did prior to our migration from Rezovation due to hidden processing fees. More expense for less functionality! Also, nobody from their team will bother calling us to discuss the concern.
This list can go on for quite a while unfortunately. As a small business owner I feel powerless and get a clear sense Eviivo coyuld care less about us and our business.
Stay away from this software!!

EVIIVO is fast, efficient and user friendly. Customer support is excellent. Highly recommended.

Bewertet am 3.7.2018
Jjill D.
Co-Owner

Vorteile: Reliable and quick. Good visual (we can see all our rooms on one screen for an overall view). Any problems, customer support is easy to contact either by phone or via the virtual helpdesk which really does work and is quick! Advisors always contact you again to ensure you are happy which we appreciate.

Nachteile: We are not very technical, but have found anything we are not sure about, there is always someone on hand to assist you. So really there are no cons.

Without this software we would still be in the last century

Anthony B.

Kommentare: Reaching a global audience

Vorteile: The software links me to every booking site that advertise on our behalf. This gives us a far wider audience than we could reach without it.

Nachteile: Currently the only downside to this product is the live chat which can take a little too long as the staff are dealing with more than one person.

Mostly good - complexity of rate calendars not explained well

Chris W.

Vorteile: Real time and online availability view. Ability to add notes. Payment status clear and payment processing on time and accurate.

Nachteile: Too much functionality for a small business - eviivo lite????? No replies to some email questions gets frustrating. Training of staff on the chat line could be improved also.

generally easy to use, can be a bit cumbersome trying to fine tune things but good customer support.

Laura F.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy to use diary, guest database, channel manager.

Vorteile: New changes to diary make it very easy to navigate. Ability to see all bookings in one diary is the best.

Nachteile: Downtime - if the system is down (as it was earlier this month for almost 24 hours) then there is no way to see checkouts / checkins / how much is owing.

Overall the software works well for my business

Bewertet am 29.6.2018
Michelle H.
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

Vorteile: The ability to pre authorise payment, alter cancellation periods, and no double bookings from OTA's.

Nachteile: when using contact "us form" I have had no reply I asked question if my entries into the Eviivo award had been received but have not had a reply.

Easy to use

Bewertet am 21.12.2018
Victoria T.
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Easy to use, and help is generally to hand when needed.

Vorteile: Good selection of booking channels, including Airbnb. Useful reports and statistics to track how you’re doing.

Nachteile: Slightly complicated pricing system which makes it difficult to adjust.

You're on your own

Bewertet am 22.2.2019
Leslie M.
Innkeeper
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have done everything on our end to make this work, but Eviivo is understaffed and not fulfilling their end of our agreement. At some point in January, after completing the arduous setup process, without our approval or even informing us, Eviivo disconnected our OTA and all of our calendars were subject to double booking. We only found out when a guest called and told us. We have spent a week of unreturned phone calls, unanswered online queries, and a chat line that is rarely, if ever, staffed, unsearchable on our OTAs and searching for another booking engine. We had to deactivate our listings to keep from double booking. We are losing business, wasting time, and extremely frustrated.

Vorteile: I wanted to love Eviivo: the promise of merging all calendars, one click OTA connection, ease of integration, etc. all looked too good to be true.

Nachteile: Absolute lack of customer service; Eviivo changes to the system that prevent us from being able to book guests or use the OTA features; unresponsive phone, chat and online query systems are a farce.

Easy to use flexible and meets our needs

Dave P.
Partner and Owner

Vorteile: Can be used anywhere. Keeps us compliant. Has more scope than we use at the moment. Gets regular updates to functions.

Nachteile: Need to sort disaster recovery solutions a bit slicker. Can go dormant whilst using it from time to time.