Filtern nach:

Über IconCMO Fund Accounting

Tools, um Unternehmen jeder Größe dabei zu unterstützen, Geldmittel aus verschiedenen Quellen über mehrere Zeiträume hinweg zu verfolgen, zu verwalten und zu protokollieren.

Erfahre mehr über IconCMO Fund Accounting

Charles N.
Charles N.

Essential Fund Accounting System

Kommentare: IconCMO is employed successfully both at the church I attend as well as a non-profit environmental activism organization.

IconCMO is a well-designed fund accounting system. The user interface is well laid out with a navigation menu on the left side. A wide variety of reports are available, most can be exported to Excel format when presentation customization is required. The optional Payroll module makes short work of paying staff members and gathering information for tax and other government report filing. Originally designed for churches, it can also be employed by other non-profit organizations.

People using IconCMO need more than just basic bookkeeping training with knowledge of the fundamental "Assets - Liabilities = Net Worth" accounting structure to be successful. Volunteer using IconCMO need both bookkeeping essentials but also a grasp on Funds Accounting or have a CPA or other accounting consultant help set up the system and be available for oversight. This is not a criticism of the software itself.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the kind words, Chuck! We appreciate your feedback.

Chemine M.
secretary/bookkeeper in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

IconCMO is a fabulous product!

Kommentare: Initially, I was using IconCMO just for contributions/record keeping, etc. I used Quickbooks for all of our bookkeeping. I was having to enter everything twice each week and keep track of what I had entered where. I was frustrated with Quickbooks non-profit, not because it is a bad product, but because it is not set up for fund accounting, which is how our church operates. Being familiar with IconCMO, it was not especially difficult to get the Fund Accounting side set up... there are a LOT of training videos that were VERY helpful, and when I contacted customer support, they were able to help me on the spot! It took a bit of time to get everything set up the way I wanted it, but that would be the case with any new accounting software. Once I had everything in place, all of my bookkeeping and record keeping became MUCH easier.

I love the ease of use and the excellent customer support I have received. There is so much I can do with this product and, as it is geared toward churches, it is completely applicable to my needs without having to substitute this over here and figure out that over there (as I was having to do with another accounting program I was using). I love that the contribution side of things connects seamlessly with the accounting side which cuts my workload in half. Payroll is a breeze and paying bills is a breeze!

The only thing that I had a bit of confusion with (in the beginning) was filing and paying payroll taxes. My previously used software did all that for me. Once I got the hang of it, though, and found the reports I needed, it has become just as easy to do as payroll itself.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the kind words, Chemine! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Anne W.
administrator in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

there is a very steep learning curve. This means that other employees avoid using it-

Kommentare: payroll module. by being in the cloud, more than one of us can update entries, or pay the bills

that the information is in the cloud. and it is slightly easier to use than the last software we tried. that you coordinate with other vendors such as Vanco- that is sweet. but why do you include constant contact and not mailchimp - that we use because it is free.

the steep learning curve and the illusion that you will respond to our comments.. [when we suggest something, you say you pass the suggestion on, but little ever changes. ]. Also, apparently there are features that if I knew what you were talking about --would be useful. what is a API key?? it would be nice if you realized that most churches operate on a shoe string -- rather than operate like a business and have money for add ons.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Anne. We appreciate your feedback! I¿m sorry you feel like we¿re not responding to your comments. The reality is we get hundreds of suggestions. When choosing new features to add from the list of ideas, we have to pick the ones which will bring most value to as many customers as possible. We're a small team with a long list of ideas. If you happen to be the first person to mention a particular feature, we'll only consider adding it to IconCMO after we receive a number of similar requests. We post announcements and send out an email every couple of weeks to let our customers know what we¿ve been working on. API stands for Application Programming Interface. In plain English, it¿s code that allows two software programs to communicate with each other. Our developers use it to make integrations. Customers use it for things like importing data and online directories. Hope this helps. Have a fantastic day!

Clicia F.
Secretary in USA

Icon Fund Accounting

I like that the accounting software is integrated with the church management software.

The tutorials are out dated, so getting set up took a little longer than I anticipated.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Clicia! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer. I'm sorry to hear you had issues with the tutorials! We've made a lot of updates to the system lately and we can't keep up with the training videos! We do have several live training webinars coming up. Check your email for invitations to register. If you can't attend live, I'll be sending out recordings.

Chandra W.
Pastor's wife in USA

iconCMO is AMAZING!!!

I love it's ease of use. From the membership module to the fund accounting, module to the contributions module, I've found this software to be EXCEPTIONAL!! It has truly helped our church to stay on top of it's budget, spending, and membership. It's accompanying manual is quite helpful in setting it up and maintaining various functions. But even if you're unsure of something, the customer service is AWESOME in answering any questions you may have. Not being an accountant myself, some of the fund accounting concepts were initially a learning curve, but the manual and customer support I received really helped and through the fund accounting our church has been better able to supervise and account for our dollars in a manner that meets accounting & IRS principles. Updates (both functional and visual) are continually being employed to make the user experience run even more smoothly. I've found the following to be specifically beneficial: -Membership maintenance & communication (i.e. text/emails for upcoming events or inclement weather service cancellations) -Accurate maintenance of member contributions with ease of providing contribution statements -Well though out fund accounting system, which helps us maintain our spending and consistent reporting via recognized accounting principles. It's many reports, that can be generated with the click of a button, also help to communicate with appropriate persons how funds are appropriated.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Chandra. We appreciate your feedback and getting to work with you as a customer!

Judy N.

Review of IconCMO Fund Accounting Software

Kommentare: My overall experience with IconCMO has been very positive. I can't say enough about the support staff. They have always been very helpful. They always listened to my problem and helped me figure out a solution. Sometimes that took a while because we have some things are a little unique, but I never got off the phone feeling like I wasn't heard and almost always had a solution. The program more than adequately provides for our software needs. I would highly recommend this program and have done so.

I was new to fund accounting when we started using IconCMO, so there was a learning curve for me. I made every mistake in the book and the support team was right there to walk me through every issue. Their support is superb. I have since come to appreciate all that the program can do. I especially like that the program is in the "cloud" because I can work from home if necessary.

We use a lot of funds and I wish there was a detailed general ledger report that would print the transactions by fund, then by account. Currently, I have to print a report for each fund we have, so that's over 20 separate reports and it's timeconsuming.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the kind words, Judy! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Sonia W.
Sonia W.
financial secretary in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Pros and Cons for our congregation

Kommentare: The Fund Accounting system has allowed us to have a data base that is available, and allows us to process the majority of our financial needs through the use of one program only. We have been very satisfied with ICON.

The Fund Accounting programs provides us with an excellent way to keep track of all of our accounting needs for our congregation. There are a multitude of options available for our use. We are able to set up our accounting needs as we prefer. The help and teaching sections are helpful and very receptive to assiting when asked.

When setting up our system, it would have nice to have samples on how other congregations set up their system. Navigation and information flow can be hard until you are comfortable with the system and its capabilities. One of other major con is that direct deposit is no longer available for our employees, and inability to complete our w2s, 941s and 1099s.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Sonia! We appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately, Vanco discontinued their direct deposit services. We found that most banks offer this service for a pretty reasonable fee and weren't able to find another integration with competitive pricing. Most of our customers file their tax forms online. If you'd like to save time, IconCMO integrates with ComplyRight for e-filing.

Available for assignment in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

ICON an excellent choice for church accounting

Kommentare: We are a church with the usual church requirements. ICON integrates accounting, contribution recording, and membership rolls. We've saved a lot of time by having an integrated solution. The *support* from the ICON team is tremendous. They are responsive and helpful. That makes a tremendous difference especially for part time, volunteer people at the church using this product.

It does fund accounting correctly. For a church, where keeping track of restricted funds is almost a certainty, ICON is much easier to use than general purpose accounting packages. I like that it's web-based; I can do most of my work from home (or hotel room, or wherever), and I don't have to worry about a computer at the church failing and losing data. I like the linkage between the membership rolls, contribution recording and reporting, and the accounting system.

I wish more of the reports had numbers in the report "linked" to other reports so you can click on a number and see the detail behind the number. I wish windows were resizable.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback.

Renee K.
Renee K.
Office Manager in USA

Excellent program and customer service!

Kommentare: Easy access for record keeping and running reports. Highly recommend it. They work hard to improve product when they receive suggestions to make it even easier to use.

Ease of use, ease of correcting mistakes, confidence in customer service as they are very knowledgeable about product when you have questions. A great program and have only had positive results using the program. We have been using the program for six years. Couldn't be happier!

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Renee. We appreciate your feedback!

Parish Administrator in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen

Best customer service anywhere

It's easy to use most of the time. Just so much better than Quick Books.

Cannot delete, actually delete journal entries. Not crazy about the check register as it doesn't show memos.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback! P.S. In the Organization: Setup: Information window, you can set the Reversing Journal Type to "Delete Journal". We don't normally recommend using this setting since it doesn't leave an audit trail, but it is available.

Tim W.
Business Administrator Pastor in USA

90 percent of the software is Great. 10 percent is a little clunky

Kommentare: Overall ICON is a great program and will continue using it. The small issue are greatly made up by all the other benefits it has. I have used many accounting program and my experience is they all have some area that does not work perfect for what you are doing.

Budget are easy to put together and tracks budget expenses by fund or as an all fund list Fund management is easy and can write a separate budget for each fund if needed Easy to write checks Works good with Accrual base accounting especially if using multiple charge cards and payables Easy to run year end statement and prints needed information for IRS Payroll prints and tracks employees. Prints information for W-2/3's, 1099, 941 Contributions entry easy easy to do even if it is a volunteer Able to give different people access or block them from area needed or areas they should not be in.

Payroll is the most clunky part of the program. If you have a few employees this would be fine, but if you are a larger church if would be an issue. You can print all the information for statement but then have to manually fill in the forms for the W2/3's,1099, 941 etc. Hard to view a contribution batch without reversing it. Works for multi-site churches but have to set up accounts or Fund to separate. Not a big issue if you only have 2-3 sites but for larger sites I would look in to a more complex program

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Tim! We appreciate your feedback. A little tip: if you'd like to view a contribution batch without reversing it, go to Contributions: Management: Cont-Giving Reports and run the Posting Journal Reprint report. It will default to the last journal number posted, but you can change it to a previous journal or even a range. We do offer IconCMO + which is an extension of IconCMO designed specifically for denominational offices and multi-site churches. We'd be happy to give you a tour and see if it would be a good fit for your organization.

Bob Z.
Business Manager / Accountant in USA

Overall I am able to easily operate the software and accomplish most everything that I need to do.

I like that it is very specific to fund/non-profit accounting for churches. I believe that its report capabilities are very helpful. And now that I am familiar with the operations of the software it seems fairly easy to get around. It is also not overloaded with features that I don't need or would ever want.

Some things could make it so much easier to use. When typing a date I shouldn't have to go all the way to 2/23/ before it fills in 2018. I would think that it doesn't need that second slash. When making a deposit it would be so much easier if the affected checking account would be at the top of the page (like it is on the check writing screen) instead of the bottom. This wouldn't be that big a deal if it wasn't for the fact that I can't change the checking account once it is written. I can't tell you the number of times I have accidentally left the default checking account on the screen and had to reenter it all over again. When entering the payment page for accounts receivable it would be nice if only the amount of the receivable appears, not every single item on the invoice - or at least give us the choice of whether or not we want every single item on the invoice to appear. These strike me as rather simple adjustments to make.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Bob. We appreciate your feedback! Today¿s date gets filled in by default. But when you are using a date other than the current one, it can sometimes be tedious to type the date in a MM/DD/YYYY format every single time so we made a shortcut to entering dates. If the date is in the current month and year, you only need to type the date with no slashes e.g. 23 and when you tab to the next field the system will fill in 02/23/2018 for you. If the date is in another month, you only need to enter the month and day with no slashes e.g. 0223 for February 23 and the system will fill in the rest.

Robert M.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The accounting software for churches without question

Kommentare: Best experience I've had with an accounting system, or any other software, primarily because of the exceptional support team. Plus, it's included in the IconCMO package, with no add on fees (except for Payroll) for the data storage, updates, or support. What a pleasure to have a church accounting software system that actually does what congregations need to maintain the integrity of their funds. It's really an aid to the church's stewardship of the resources members entrust to them.

That it is created for use by churches and other non-profits and conforms to FASB standards. The paper trail is impressive as are safeguards. Still, it is flexible enough for use in large congregations with complex accounting needs and for small congregations with simpler finances. The support is exceptional. It is unparalleled these days to call a help line and have an actual, knowledgeable human being answer. Emailed questions receive prompt responses. Customers are encouraged to submit suggestions. A few work-arounds were needed, but nothing major. Love the accounting links to Contributions.

Accounting reports don't allow enough customization. One of the very few places where QuickBooks wins the comparison is the ease of customizing reports, plus the ability to hover over a number, click it, and get a transaction history for that entry. Some of restrictions on moving money across funds, which likely result from FASB standards, are frustrating, but it is possible to do what is needed to transfer funds into the proper accounts across funds for legitimate reasons.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the kind words, Robert! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Joy P.
Director of Finance in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

It's been a love-hate relationship.

Kommentare: Better reporting, better accounting practices.

The reports are great. The ability to run reports in different ways is wonderful. The ease of entering AP is also good. Doing journal entries is very easy & very helpful with the +/- signs. Contributions are extremely user friendly as are the running of statements.

Not enough "help" screens so you can figure things out on without having to call in or email support. The payroll module sticks when you have employees that need to have more than one rate card as the system cannot add their different pays together for taxing purposes. If you do, then the W2's don't come out correctly. To deduct something from an employee's pay is next to impossible. When you call support for help they don't always seem to know the answer, depending on who you talk to.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Joy. We appreciate your feedback! Specific situations such as this are sometimes difficult because they go into a gray area beyond the scope of technical support. Our support team does the best they can to teach you how to use the system and answer questions; however, they are not CPAs. Although a tech may know the "right answer" to your question, they are legally not qualified to give accounting advice.

Karen H.
Finance Officer in USA

Great product

Kommentare: IconCMO has been instrumental in managing our churches finances in a way where information is available at the push of a button.

The fund accounting portion of IconCMO is adaptable for organizations of all sizes. It is relatively easy to use. They provide training products for those who do not have a financial background. There are products that integrate well into it. It allows you to track income and expenditures at every level (contributions, budgets, checks writing, credit card usage and payroll). They provide excellent tech support and the cost is very affordable and well worth the money.

The manual for this could be more user friendly in that there are some processes that need to be explained or broken down more on how the system works.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the kind words, Karen! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer. Please let me know which processes you'd like clarification on. We're always open to making adjustments so the instructions are easy to follow.

Dale L.

Good For Small Churches but Needs Some Things

Kommentare: We are not using the membership functions, just the accounting functions. We use Fellowship One for our membership. Perhaps if we were starting over, we would use Icon for membership, but Fellowship One is a really nice system for membership. However, Icon does all of our accounting, budgeting, reporting, check printing, AR and AP (both limited). We use PayChex for our payroll.

It works. It is fast. Is is almost never down. When I need help, I get it. A real person answers the phone, doesn't hassle me, and proceeds to help me. The system lets me do what I need to do. It is designed with churches in mind.

There are just a lot of areas where it could be easier to use, but they never seem to get addressed. It needs a good ad hoc report writer. There really just isn't one report that we can use for our monthly report. We have to run several reports and put them together. That is difficult and time-consuming. It needs the ability to download from banks and credit card companies.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Dale! We appreciate your feedback.

Amanda W.
Church Treasurer/Office Administrator in USA

Great program for churches

What I like most about ICON is that it is user friendly even for those that are not tech savy. Payroll in particular is great as it easily walks you through each step needed and you can see which steps are completed and which is next. Banking features are also very easy and self explanatory. If you ever do have a question you can most likely find the answer you need in their help section in the software and if not, you can email them and they are quick to respond.

Over all we are very satisfied, if I had one criticism it would be that sometimes it is not always easy to see how to fix a banking error, for instance if you cut a check but forgot to put which line item in your budget those funds should come from, it always takes me a while to figure out how to correct that. Easiest solution is to just not forget. lol

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Amanda. We appreciate your feedback!

Leslie R.
Administrative Assistant/Payroll Clerk in USA

ICON Accounting/Payroll Functions

Kommentare: After some skepticism (it took awhile to customize and learn the features) I am completely sold on this accounting system. It really does make my job much easier, and we are happy with the product.

Makes it easy for me to set up employees, pay taxes online, create forms for W-2s, and the ease of use in making payroll batches. I like the extra fail-safe features when printing checks, like using 2 or 3 windows to make sure that I am printing all correctly. The customer support is great, too.

It was a bit cumbersome to learn (the instruction book is huge), but we've been using it for five years now and have mastered it quite sufficiently - but here's always a way to find an answer - whether you use the online forum, watch videos for end-of-year closing, research answers in the instruction book, or call for support.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the kind words, Leslie! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Kristin S.
Administrative Assistant in USA

Love ICON Accounting

Kommentare: As a church we have been able to clean up our books tremendously using ICON. The fund based accounting software is what we needed to help keep track of the various funds and accounts the church has.

I love how easy this program is to use! I do not have an accounting background and have been able to set up the accounting program for our church with no issues. Customer support was always there to help me when I did or do have issues. I love that about ICON!

Sometimes I have a difficult time figuring out which report is best for my needs.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the kind words, Kristin! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Bob Z.
Business Manager / Accountant in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Focused on our needs

Kommentare: I am very happy with the software itself. But what I appreciate above all else is the customer service.

We use almost every feature of the program. The reason for this, in my opinion, is that Icon's software is specifically designed to be used in a church/parochial school setting. I like how quickly I can access reports and provide meaningful financial data to the various boards of the church and school.

Right now, the taxation of payroll is accomplished on a rate card by rate card basis. So if we have an employee that does several different jobs in several different departments, without making guesses to the the withholding view/setup screen we cannot accurately deduct the proper withholding for that employee.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Bob! We appreciate your feedback.

Leslie R.
Administrative Assistant in USA

ICON Accounting/Payroll Functions

Kommentare: We are very satisfied with the Fund Accounting and Payroll functions - it saves us from using an outside accounting firm.

The ease of use is important to us - this is a busy office and I like the fact that ICON does a lot of the 'busy work' for us.

No cons, really, except when setting up employees with wage/rate cards (i.e., multiple cards for one employee). We don't experience a large turnover with employees, but it can be difficult to set their wage and rate cards (because we don't do it often, I have a bigger probability of forgetting the process - but manuals and in-person help usually take care of the problem.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Leslie! We appreciate your feedback.

Susan W.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Accounting Review

Kommentare: I enjoy the various reports that I can create such as profit and loss and revenue and expense summary.

I like that it is cloud based and can provide me with a variety of reports. I primarily use the banking feature.

It could be more user friendly and allow for changes to be made easier. It could also allow for repeat transactions in the checking account to be automatically put in each month.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the kind words, Susan! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer. You can create recurring journal entries or copy previous checks you've written to make those recurring monthly transactions a little easier. Please reach out, I'd be happy to help set that up.

Shirley R.
Treasurer - volunteer in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I find the software to be very good and the help desk to be friendly and knowledgeable

Kommentare: This software replaced the churches use of Excel for reports associated with the budget, contributions, and members.

As a former accountant, I find this software to be inline with most accounting software. It is very comprehensive and also easy to use and make adjustments when necessary. I would recommend it to other church treasurers. There are a variety of reports to choose from. I also like the help explanation for each screen. If I have a question or want to discuss an entry, I generally call the help desk who are always very responsive and courteous.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Shirley. We appreciate your feedback!

Jennifer J.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Not exactly the easiest....

It is web based, meaning you can access anywhere.

For a larger church with many cash accounts, it is a bit difficult to use. For some reason, we haven't been able to use the check writing feature, so I record our checks in a journal entry and we do a reconciliation through a spreadsheet. I don't like the drop-downs either, I'd like to key in my account numbers when posting things.

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Jennifer! We appreciate your feedback. Not sure why check writing isn't working for you. Please give our support team a call and we'll look into it.

Dale L.
Treasurer in USA

Its the only accounting system I've used, but it seems mostly OK

Kommentare: Does all of our accounting.

Support is great. Uptime and performance are good. Works well for churches. Seems fairly complete.

None of the reports really give us the monthly report we need. Working with funds is confusing and limiting. Reconciling is way harder than it needs to be. Doesn't support account numbers. Some missing features like ACH for deposit type. No ability to designate some chart of accounts as non-posting accounts (structural only)

Antwort von Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Dale. We appreciate your feedback!