References with ease

Bewertet am 24.7.2019
Talent Management Consultant
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Skill Survey staff are wonderful and have conducted numerous trainings for our human resources department

Vorteile: I have been using Skill Survey for almost 3 years. Skill Survey makes it easy for high volume recruiters to conduct reference checks. It is very simple to use. To create a candidate you input their name, email, phone , position and then select the best survey to send off the position title. Skill Survey takes care of the rest. They will send the candidate notification via email or text. Once the candidate inputs the contact information for their references, Skill Survey will send them a link to complete. As a recruiter you'll be notified in real time when the references are ready to review. There are many reports you can pull including a hiring manager report ton send them that protects the confidential contact information. The hiring manager reports give them sample behavior interviewing questions as well. Lastly, Skill Survey also as a CRM program to contact references who were interested in job opportunities. Overall an amazing product

Nachteile: I really so not have any cons. I love using Skill Survey

Meaningful results in an easy to use system

Bewertet am 16.5.2017
Natalie P.
Director of Human Resources
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Meaningful information to select the best candidates

Vorteile: We have been using SkillSurvey for over 2 years for all new hire reference screenings. The system is very user-friendly and easy to navigate. It has saved me, as an HR department of 1, countless hours trying to reach multiple references via phone and getting only dates of hire and titles. It takes only a few minutes for me to enter a candidates information and select the appropriate survey based on position applied for.
Because the applicant signs a release, we have found that the responses from references are candid and constructive. With the unlimited package we selected this year, I have begun using the SkillSurvey system earlier on in the hiring process on more candidates--not just the final candidates. This provides us with specific feedback early on and provides a great tool we use in the interview process-the Hiring Manager report. The Hiring Manager report provides not only the survey results but also suggested questions for the applicant based on the results of the reference screen. It has enabled us to ask applicants questions specifically aimed at their areas for improvement.
Thanks to SkillSurvey the quality of our new hires has improved-we have meaningful information on the candidate that better equips us to choose the best candidate.

Nachteile: The only con is the price-- as a non-profit the cost is a bit high. However, I have thus far been able to make the case for its value to both my department and agency as a whole.

Easiest and most consistent way to check references

Bewertet am 11.2.2019
Talent Acquisition Associate
Forschung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: On the HR side, SkillSurvey simplifies the reference check process our candidates. First, there are a ton of surveys to choose from. This means that I'm able to easily send surveys that make sense to candidates from a wide range of fields and experience levels. SkillSurvey also allows references to answer anonymously - in my experience, references are more honest with this system compared to phone calls or letters of recommendation. This allows my team to make the more informed decisions based on this information. Finally, the responses are compiled in easy-to-understand graphs. This feature saves my hiring managers and me plenty of time.

Nachteile: SkillSurvey sends an email notification when the reference check process is initiated. I would like a similar notification at two other stages of the process: when the candidates has entered all of their references' information and when each reference has completed the survey. Also, I'd like if candidates could notify me through the system if they need me to waive one or two of the references.

Standardizes Reference Checking!

Bewertet am 21.12.2017
Founder and CEO

Kommentare: Standardizes reference checking. Saves time in hiring process.

Vorteile: SkillSurvey standardizes your reference checking so its consistently applied across all hires. This tool has saved a lot of resources and sped up our hiring process as a result.

Nachteile: Can't be used in all positions where it could be most useful e.g. hourly non-exempt positions with high volumes staff have less supervisor email contacts. But they are supposedly introducing a text option to complete by mobile that would be welcome.

Awesome Reference System

Bewertet am 2.5.2018
Kelsey S.
Executive Coordinator
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: What I like most about this software is the way the reference report shows the data collected by the references. I like the graphs and the anonymity of the data.

Nachteile: No complaints here- I'm very happy with the functionality of this product and the ease of setting up candidates and finalizing data.

Great Product, Huge Impact

Bewertet am 18.3.2019
Talent Acquisition Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: SkillSurvey has replaced the tedious process of playing phone tag, leaving voicemails and trying to contact references. This process used to waste our HR team's time and delayed the offer process. Since implementing SkillSurvey, our references are completed in less time (average of 8 hours versus our previous time frame of 3-5 business days). The feedback reports that are generated through this process are much more detailed and provide candid feedback that presents an accurate representation of the candidate. This process has transformed our hiring process, increased our retention by hiring the right candidate for the job, and created huge process efficiencies.

Nachteile: There are no negatives that I can speak to.

Free trial; quite a few restrictions but cool results.

Bewertet am 5.7.2018
Hannah W.
Admin Assistant

Kommentare: More confidence in hiring decisions

Vorteile: I like that you can learn information about potential hires that you otherwise wouldn't be able to. I liked that emails were sent from SkillSurvey so I didn't have to bug these contacts over and over; they'd automatically send. I like the different questions it asks employers in order to find out about potential hires. The free trial was long and did not require credit card information, which we appreciated.

Nachteile: I didn't like that you can't review the results unless you have a certain number of references respond. That was frustrating to me (maybe that's just a trial functionality?). Additionally, with the free trial you can't use the full range of surveys, just a general one. But that worked pretty well for us, still.

Is it the program or the user?

Bewertet am 5.3.2019
Recreation Specialist
Staatsverwaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I took a survey on behalf of a candidate for a position. Responses were a 7-step never / always scale. Any candidate will offer favorable referrences, so what is the point of asking me if my former coworker is "Always" responsible? The person I was describing is a wonderful and highly competent person, an asset to any organization, but I don't feel the survey I took would give any hiring manager an accurate view of her skills.

Vorteile: Very easy for the survey-taker to respond.

Nachteile: Would not give an accurate or useful view of the candidate being considered.

Great tool for drilling down on skills

Bewertet am 12.2.2019
Juliane C.
Consultant
Versicherung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: SkillSurvey has opened my eyes to the world of applicant surveys and all the great benefits that can be provided.

Vorteile: I very much appreciate that this tool allows for drilling down on areas that are extremely pertinent to positions. It helps to gather information in a way that may be difficult to get to otherwise.

Nachteile: Having to wait for a certain amount of responses can be frustrating, though I understand why it is a requirement.