Palmtech Home Inspection Software Erfahrungen

Über Palmtech Home Inspection Software

On-Premise-Lösung für die Hauswartung, die bei der Berichterstattung, Wartungszusammenfassung, Formularverwaltung und dem Hochladen von Bildern Unterstützung bietet.

Erfahre mehr über Palmtech Home Inspection Software

I like how malleable it is in the field. I can (relatively) quickly add and remove items in the field.

The software is very dates and difficult to use. It crashes often and cannot run on a MAC.

Bewertungen zu Palmtech Home Inspection Software

4,0

Palmtech Home Inspection Software hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,1 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 46 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Nutzung

Hast du Palmtech Home Inspection Software bereits verwendet?

Larry

Palm-Tech is great

Kommentare: My overall experience is very positive now that I have been able to integrate it with my scheduling software and reporting it makes my job so much easier I spend more time on the job than in the office which is what I like. I am not a paperwork kind of person and this is allowed me to free up a lot of my valuable time out of the office. Thank you Palm-Tech

Palm-Tech has allowed me to customize my reports that are different from my competitors that I really enjoy and I can change it up whenever I want.

The learning curve took me a while to navigate how to use this software and I’m still learning every day that I use it I am not a techie and I’ve had to overcome my own ideas of how it should work.

Edward
Home Inspector in USA

Palmtech low integrity

Kommentare: Good after first, they are no good now.

I liked the layout. Some of the tech support was pretty good.

Palmtech is forcing their new products on users. I bought the revision they said that I would never have to pay again, but now they say it will not work after Jan 31, 2023. Their integrity is low.

vor 2 Monaten

Hello Edward - I am glad that Palmtech has worked well for you for many years. We have always promised to support the current version and the version before and we will continue to do that. I understand that the situation is frustrating, but eventually all software needs to be updated. Much like how Microsoft no longer supports Windows XP or Apple no longer supports the original iPhone, earlier versions of Palmtech become obsolete and an upgrade is necessary to ensure we’re meeting modern security and performance standards. We’re happy to meet with you or anyone who would like to discuss this. We’re even offering discounts to help ease the transition, and our support team is ready to help you with the move to the latest version of Palmtech. I hope we get to talk.

colleen
owner in USA

Palm-tech complete

1,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: My experience thus far with Palm-tech complete is negative. I am ready to give up and demand my money back.

I loved my Version 8 and versions prior to 8. I knew my way around the software.

I unfortunately was forced to make a decision after learning that I won't be able to access my Version 8 after 1/31/2024. I purchased Palm-tech complete and can not figure it out. It is sooo different. I've spent about 40 hours so far trying to customize it for me. Also the program is slow. It buffers after every entry. My old template was downloaded and it's not the same. Who came up with this new version. Have they done a report? There is no way to separate Living Spaces or multiple Bedrooms/Bathrooms. My realtors are used to getting a summary with marginal and defective items first. Then they go through my report with pictures and descriptions at the end. This new version is going to throw everyone off. It took me forever to write a simple report due to the delay when I click on a simple item.

vor 3 Wochen

Hi Colleen, We're sorry to hear your experience with Palmtech Complete has not been positive. There is a lot of new functionality in Palmtech and we've made many changes in the versions between the version you are on and Complete. Unfortunately, these changes do make it different which will make it unfamiliar and slower to use at first. In the end, the new program will yield a faster and easier inspection report. We are here to help you and we want to find a way for us to continue to work together. We will reach out to you tomorrow to see how we can help. If you'd like to share any of your thoughts on Palmtech Complete, please let us know and we will arrange a one-on-one with Will and Lisa. Palmtech Support

Paul
President in USA

Palm-Tech Inspection Software

Kommentare: I have personally used Palm-Tech inspection software for my reports for many years. This is a great reporting program and very easy to use. Just as all software programs have a learning curve, once you learn it, it becomes easy. I recommend this to all inspectors.

Ease of use and works on iPad and Tables. Great customer service. The program reduces my time in writing reports. Anyone not using this is working too hard!

Wish it worked on MAC without parallel or similar program. Wish you could have illustrations automated into the sections with comments in the library. Wish comment sections could have multiple colors in each section. Such as deficiency is red, general comment in blue and information in green or etc.

JOHN
Home Inspector in USA

Great software.

Kommentare: Very Good! I like the function of uploading to the cloud during the inspection and when reviewed it can be downloaded to the desktop.

Easy to use, adding photos to report is without a doubt better than other software programs.

Hangs up on occasion, when using speech-to word it does not always recognize what is spoken. Review and spell check do not always work correctly.

Richard
Owner operator in USA

Junk save yoir money

1,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I am looking for a new provider. Dont buy this junk.

I cant think of a single thing. Its a horrible company poised to take as much of your money as it can.

There customer service and support is useless.

Tim
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Realtors and Clients love my report

Kommentare: I have been a home inspector for 30 years. I came into the digital age of report writing kicking and screaming six years ago. I originally purchased other reporting software but it was too complicated and if I have a hard time understanding a report then how can a buyer or agent understand it? Many of my competitors use other formats that have so much filler and disclaimer after disclaimer that I can't even stand to read them. I love the simple just the facts capability of Palm Tech and all of my clients and agents love it too. But if you like disclaimers and fluff you can add that too.

Ease of use and clear reporting format.

That I did not switch to it sooner.

Cody
Licensed Home Inspector in Kanada

Save Time=Make More Money

Kommentare: Great overall product. I am a fully licensed home inspector and I have used Palm Tech for 3 years across my desktop computer, tablet and phone.
Great customer support via phone if you ever get stuck.
Once you spend the time to add your own personal notes, such as common or recurring issues in a home, it incredibly speeds up report writing time.
I highly recommend Palm tech.

Speeds up report writing time.

Licensed Inspector in USA

The best tool in my box

Kommentare: When my computer fails, help has always been just a phone call away.

Easy customization and excellent support.

I'm not sure I have any cons...Maybe the upfront cost, but I feel that over the years that was well worth it. I'm getting ready to upgrade to the next version soon. The spell check is not as good as Word.

Ryan
Inspector/Owner in USA
Immobilien

Fully functional inspection software

Kommentare: I have been using palm tech software now for 13+ years, easy use with insertion of pictures at the location in report that the problem is located

Ease of use with picture insertion, pay for it one time and no more except updates

Does not have integration with other apps or programs like other inspection software on the market

Bill
Home Inspection in USA

SAVE YOUR MONEY-tech support forgets you after buy software

Kommentare: Great to MEDIOCRE TO HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

When I decided to discontinue using Palm-Tech!!

I’ve been a user since 2015, I was recently notified by email that in February 2024, my free software was being “ Updated”, and I will have to start paying a monthly fee for using software I’ve already paid nearly $1,000 for!! Now it’s $50/Month or $500 per year!! Since this notification tech support has notified me they are no longer providing tech support for my version! Essentially, they’ve made using the software obsolete!!! WHAT A TOTAL BREACH OF CONTRACT!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

vor 3 Monaten

Hi Bill, I am glad to hear that your purchase in 2015 has been working well for 8+ years. As explained before, the cloud that supports that version of Palmtech is no longer up to modern security standards and we are shutting it down. Thank you for your past business. I hope you've looked at Palmtech Complete and can see how it will make managing your business easier as well as make doing reports faster.

Scott
Home Inspector in Kanada

The name says it all...

Kommentare: The is outdated software with poor functionality, expensive updates, poor support, etc. etc.

I did not like the software. I cannot think of any pros when compared to other softwares.

Antwort von Porch Group

Hi Scott - You have an older version of the software (bought 7 years ago) that has not been upgraded which means it is out of date by your choice. Our newer versions will be faster and have lots of new features. In our last call, (quite a few years ago) we were able to provide quick help and you indicated that your questions had been answered and your issue resolved. If you get in touch with us, we'll be happy to help you again.

Jon
USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

It gets the job done, until it doesn't.

Kommentare: I wouldn't recommend using Palm Tech if you have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet. I've lost entire inspections when the software crashed on the job site. The first time it happened I called customer support and they blamed my device. So I took their word for it, and figuring my device was defective I bought a new one (another Galaxy tab). Shortly after that the same thing thing happened again on a brand new device that only had 3 programs loaded outside of stock: Palm Tech, Easy WindMit Pro, and Easy 4 Point Pro. At the tail end of a marathon 8 hour inspection the device crashed while attempting to take a photo in Palm Tech. This had happened before, and usually I can get the information back, but this time I lost the entire inspection due to a corrupt file. Once again customer service blamed the device, and talked over me when I tried to explain that the device was brand new and that this had happened before where either the entire device crashes, or just Palm Tech crashes, and that it had happened on 2 new devices that had only been used for home inspection. The next time that it happened to me I called again to find out if they were having issues on Samsung Galaxies, and I got the exact same treatment. This time they blamed the device even though Palm Tech was the only program that crashed on it and lost my work. When I explained that the device didn't shut down, they blamed the wind mitigation program for blocking Pal Tech from taking picture. Not good. Here is customer service in a nutshell if you have an actual issue with the software not working properly: A person will answer the phone and you tell them your issue, they put you on hold for a minute or two, then they come back and tell you your device is at fault. I've called them several times for several different issues and each time I get the same treatment. They will not help you troubleshoot, and they've told me they don't know how.

Lori
Office Manager in USA

Easy to Learn and Customize

Is easy to customize. Clients and Agents like the format of the easy to read reports

The software does not handle large report files as well as I would like. One larger buildings where there are a few hundred pictures, the user experiences slow response time, and often program crashes.

Frank
President / Partner / Inspector in USA

Great Software!

Kommentare: We have been using PalmTech for about 3 years now. This is the 3rd. program we've used since becoming home inspectors. This is a great piece of software. I love that you can customize your report to whatever you want/need it to be. I would highly recommend this software to any home inspector. My real estate agents love the report. The reports are easy to read and understand.

Customization

Steve
Home inspector in USA

It worked great until the upgrade. My iPads shut down and lose all information and photos.

Shutting down in the middle of an inspection. Shutting down and losing all information in that category. Support staff gave me a few suggestions but then just threw up their hands and said "There's nothing else to do to fix it " I'm not looking forward to learning a new software in the middle of the busy season.

Mike
Inspector in USA
Informationsdienst, Selbstständig

Palm-tech

Kommentare: Weak software, new release did not address bugs but went into new areas. Support people try to help and are responsive, but the software is so bad that even they can't help execute basic functionality.

One time purchase, easy to modify comments and add photos.

Poor simple customizations of templates. Adding page breaks and blank lines does not function. The General information page can't be modified to have the screen text match what is printed. No logos can be added to email template. So much basic functionality to supply a professional report can't be achieved.

Ryan
Owner/Inspector in USA

Home inspection software

Kommentare: Professional looking pdf reports upon completion of inspection makes ease of review for my client to understand

Ease of use with pictures right in line with the items of concern

Real time updates if used by multiple users on same inspection

Andre

Great Software

Kommentare: I really like the fact that it so compatible with different phones and operating software. The app is quick and easy. The cloud makes it great to schedule and upload all the inspections for the day.

Easy and quick

need to be able to store phone numbers with contacts names

Sylvain
Owner/Inspector in Kanada

5 years Palm-Tech User

Kommentare: Detailed check lists, modifications enable, straight forward reporting. I love how good my reports look and so are my clients.

Detailed, easy to use

Component name change, Modifications or addition cannot be done "on the fly" on a tablet

Pro-Tec President in USA
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Too slow to have completed by end of inspection.

Kommentare: Pros: If you want the most professional looking and detailed report this is it.
Cons: it takes too long to fill this report out. It is impossible to have the report complete and ready for your client by the end of your inspection.

It's the most detailed and professional looking report I have seen.

It's too complicated with the drop-down menus to use and have completed by the end of your inspection.

Jason
Home Inspector/Owner in USA

Highly recommend

Kommentare: Great product. I have used it for 3 years. Very easy to use and reliable. I get compliments from my clients and agents all the time about how professional my reports look. Highly recommend.

Easy to use.

It's a bit expensive.

Inspector in Neuseeland
Bau, Selbstständig

For get it crashes

Kommentare: Nil

Palm-Tec service poor Nothing to back up and un helpful emailed phoned same on going problem crashing tried very thing disappointing

Terry
Professional home inspector in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best report writing software ever

Kommentare: The software is easy to use and very fast. I can normally generate the report while on site. And have it emailed before I leave the house. I Use to spend several hours at home writing reports. The Palm Tech software has given me more time to spend with my wife and kids.

Speed

There are no Cons.

Ian
Bau, Selbstständig

Not Bad - Better Than Most Give It Credit For

Kommentare: Overall I like the software, and I am a long-time user. Their customer service is WAY better than it used to be.... not great still, but light-years from where it was.

Kinda clunky. If I find a defect onsite, I have to click a lot to actually add that defect into the report