Über Norton AntiVirus

Zentrale Richtlinienverwaltung mit skalierbarem, Plattform-übergreifendem Virenschutz auf unternehmensweiter Basis.

Erfahre mehr über Norton AntiVirus

It integrates easily and isn't disruptive. It runs in the back room without slowing down the machine and doesn't affect day-to-day operations.

Sometimes it can be confusing because there are a few different programs that are used for different things.

Bewertungen zu Norton AntiVirus

Norton AntiVirus hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 4.432 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Norton AntiVirus bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (4.432)

Valerie
Valerie
Contaminants biologist
Staatsverwaltung, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use however there are hiccups

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Uwe
Coach in Deutschland
Alternative Medizin, Selbstständig

Sehr zufrieden

Kommentare: Alles in allem bin ich zufrieden mit Norton, habe andere Programme aber auch nicht getestet. Bin von Anfang an bei Norton. Da meine Frau es auch schon genutzt hat

Ich habe Norton auf dem PC und auf dem Laptop, bisher habe ich nie Probleme gehabt. Auch wenn ich selber auf Sicherheit achte bin ich froh so ein Programm zu haben

Anfangs hatte ich Probleme genau mit dem Programm umzugehen, musste mich da erst reinfuchsen

stefano
stefano
manager in Italien
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

antivirus solution

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

it is a good choice to protect your computer from virus ,and also the price is convenient

i don't like that sometime it slows down my computer

Tibor
Tibor
Media Producer in USA
Unterhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Norton AntiVirus, good threat prevention app

Kommentare: Norton was a very good, the top antivirus, however in recent 5-7 years we found others outperforming it catching threats.

Norton Antivirus still has good threat prevention capabilities, when it recognized threats it notified us immediately, it has good reporting tool to analyze past threats and help deciding where to change or install additional threat prevention programs to help avoiding future threats.

Norton used to be the best antivirus for decades after it came out, however our research even after talking to other businesses we all agreed that today there are just better apps that outperform it. Norton seem to lack in keeping up with the very latest threats or implementing them in their latest versions. We eventually dropped Norton after others outperformed it for two years continuously. Before purchasing Norton I recommend to do research on the internet.

Chidananda
Chidananda
information security analyst in Indien
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Why norton

4,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: 6 months I have used and help many regarding troubleshooting in Norton

Cost and easy to get in the market as per price value for money

its need to make better in the security and believe should get from the security team

Joe
IT Manager in Kanada
Buchhaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Been using it over the last 20 years

3,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Its a full fledged software that offers more than antivirus, like anti-phishing, cloud backups, password manager and its a overall good product.

Its a lot of bloatware so running it on slower machines is not ideal & not recommended

Mohit
Technical in Indien
Telekommunikation, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best Anti virus

The features available in the Norton Anti virus makes it better among all the antivirus which are available in the market. Highly reliable .

The only thing it somewhat downgrades itself is it is so heaviness just slow down the other features using.

Unterhaltungselektronik, Selbstständig

Norton antivirus as a network security

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I have been using it for a long time to protect my computer

It makes many of devices safe from viruses

Its price is suitable for everyone and it is easy to use

Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

One of the Worst antivirus app

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: The interface and settings of Norton Antivirus can be seen as complex by some users, leading to a steeper learning curve for those less familiar with antivirus software.

It affecting the performance of the computer during scan and the pop up Notification is much

Norton's antivirus products are often perceived as relatively expensive compared to other antivirus solutions, which can be a drawback for budget-conscious users.

Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

It is a good cost effective option for small business

4,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: It is a good option if you are looking for a simple to use and deploy solution, but there are definitely better options

The VPN tunnels are easy to deploy and provide good throughput

-The customer service and support is very complicated -The documentation of the issues and solutions is outdated

Stephanie
Reception in Kanada
Versicherung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Perfect Security For Your Computer

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

One thing that I like the most about Norton AntiVirus is knowing your computer is protected. We handle a lot of important information and feel at ease know that we're protected. We also like that it notifies you of any suspicious websites/links.

What we hate the most is if you want certain features, it always costs more money.

RAEGAN
ACCOUNTANT in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

BASIC ANTIVIRUS

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

This antivirus is an old outdated system. I have switched to a different platform because of the excessive amount of alerts that were not necessary.

excessive amount of alerts that were not necessary

Director in UK
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Norton Symantec is great - but it comes at a cost!

Kommentare: Great. Loved dealing with the Symantec team in South Africa. Really helpful and knowledgeable about the product.

Instantly you feel more secure when you see the Norton Symantec logo. Love the EV (Extended Validation) feature (apart from the cost). Love the fact that it's authenticated against Companies House, and Dun and Bradstreet = before they issue your EV cert. Call me vain, but i love the fact that EV allows you to display your company name in the URL bar.

It's a bit complicated to set up, but given the nature of the product - that's to be expected. I think it is slightly over-priced when compared to free of charge Open Certs. The fact that you have to pay (the same again) for every sub-domain is a bit hefty (but i understand why).

Bildungsmanagement, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A Complete Antivirus Suite

Kommentare: Norton keeps my devices safe, allowing me to maintain productivity without having to worry about security issues. Auto-update keeps things protected even in a rapidly-changing world of computer threats.

Norton Security is extremely easy to use and has been my primary antivirus software on all of my personal computers and devices for over a decade. The program is effective in that it catches and secures threats quickly to avoid harm to my system. The scans are always thorough, and I appreciate that the software is easy to use, even for those who may sometimes struggle with advanced computer features. But the advanced features are present for any users who can take advantage of the program's capabilities.

My main issue is the length of time that the scan can take to complete. I understand that scanning hundreds of thousands of files can take time, but the program can be a bit heavy on system resources while it is carrying out the scan. Still, this is an issue with all antivirus software, so it is hardly a complaint.

Virginia
Writer in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

My Friend, Norton, has my back.

Kommentare: !. no adware, spyware or popups
2. automatically scans for problems, leaving me ree to focus on my work
3. identity theft protecion

When I first used Norton and the free trial ran out I was tempted and succumbed to using the free antivirus programs available. After using them for a while, I realized that there is no substitute for experience. I appreciate the know-how that Symantec has with almost forty years of providing antivirus programs. Most important to me is that it is like having an expert assistant to scan and review my computer for threats to my system. I am a writer and do a lot of research for my characters and their environment, so I am all over the web getting resource material for my writing. This makes me quite vulnerable to identity theft and various intrusions into my cyber-privacy. Norton is always there to back me up and prevent loss to my material and my finances. I like that. Since I have been using Norton I don’t have to worry about pop-ups or nasty windows that threaten to freeze my computer if I don’t call them for technical support. Parental controls are included, although I do not have any children using my computer; my friends do and they find this feature helpful. The PC cloud back up is important to me as a writer since I do not ever want to lose my work and have to try to recreate it. I feel very comfortable using Norton Anti-virus because it allows me to have confidence that my online privacy is secure and I don’t have to be constantly wary of cyber intrusions.

It is difficult to fid fault with this software. I am a user, not a software expert. I amvery happy to use it an itt wuits my cyber lifestyle very well.

Metallabbau, Selbstständig

Best Complete Anti-Virus Suite

Kommentare: I'm so happy and fully satisfied with Norton. I've tried AVG and Avast before but Norton gives the best performance.

I've been using Norton for my PC and Mac for several years now and it has protected both very well. It's very easy to use and customize (i.e. adding some programs to Exception List or Firewall). It detects which programs are a threat and quarantines them immediately. You'll get a notification once that happens and you can make adjustments if needed (if it was detected incorrectly). Their licensing is also cross platform which is a big factor for me. The license can be used on both computers and mobile.

Nothing to dislike from this software. I've been using it for years and I will never look for anything else. Price and quality of service is perfect for my needs.

Matthew
owner in USA
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Norton provides a good basic security suite; their VPN is horrible, though.

Kommentare: Good basic security suite for WIN computers.. built-in firewall, port monitoring, anti-virus. Their VPN is horrible, though.

Easy to use software for use as a security suite.. anti-virus, firewall, etc. Norton is essentially the standard that other security software is referred to..

Norton's VPN is horrible.. it slows down your internet connection to a crawl. Also, their VPN has to by turned on manually every time you reboot. It doesn't stay on.. I stopped using their VPN due to the internet speed issue, but still use Norton for their other features.

Wandile
Marketing Officer in Eswatini
Marketing & Werbung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Norton AntiVirus Usability Review

Kommentare: Overall experience is that I'm happy with the service/product as it works perfectly well in detecting and eliminating viruses.

We constantly scan any files that we download as a business. We trust the Norton brand because we take security seriously. I trust and download products online because I know that the downloads are virus-free. It is easy to navigate the tool, and all viruses are easily detected and eliminated. The Norton AntiVirus was easy to set up and use. I feel safe when I download any type of content. Whenever I download something, I get a notification letting me know it's been scanned and is safe. I downloaded the free trial and was really happy with how quickly I got my account set up and started using it. It would have taken me hours to try to find these files on my own, now it's easy.

Sometimes it can be a bit complex to use as there is no manual to navigate the program, for less tech-savvy people it may be a hindrance. The customer service for this product is not worth the renewal. I had a terrible time with the customer service rep who did not speak English, and when I asked for a supervisor he denied me. It takes a long time to setup, and so requires some patience to complete installation.

Shoukhin
Found & CEO in Bangladesch
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good protection Anti virus with lot of features

Kommentare: I have been using Norton Antivirus for a long time now, and I can say that it has been one of the best decisions I have made. The software has helped me in so many ways over the years. It is the only antivirus software that I use on my computer.
Norton Antivirus comes with many features and security tools to help you get rid of any virus or malware on your computer. The software also helps you keep your online identity safe from hackers, phishers, and spammers by detecting any malicious websites or links.

Norton Security is a friendly security service for your computers. The antivirus program offers up-to-date updates on the most recent forms of online threats, infections, and fraud. It also has some fantastic features such as an intelligent firewall, VPN protection, as well as constant updates and threat detection. Some security firms make their customers pay lots of money just to get the highest possible level of protection. A suite like this gives you some sort of insurance. In addition, it offers good storage capacity and parental control are also part of the package for a relatively low fee. These highlights can be just accessible as a feature with an expensive bundle, so you have to choose carefully according to your needs. The price estimates are good enough, and the security is amazing. A trustworthy name in PC security.

I noticed Norton antivirus doesn't keep their VPN on when the restart. The internet connection also slows down a lot for me. I stopped using this program because of the problems with the internet

Jeremy
Business Manager in USA
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

It has the functions...and some of the headaches...

Kommentare: Their products do what they say they will do, but their products are best geared for big business, in my opinion. My best advice, especially to small businesses considering their network products, is that the network and computer hardware you have may be burdened with "extra" processor-hogging tasks and processes. If you ever need to uninstall their products in the future, you will save yourself some time by formatting your systems and reinstalling your OS. It really is the only way to ensure you're not giving up speed and functionality to a product you no longer use.

Online security is at the forefront of business concerns these days, and I start by saying that as a Business Manager, I have been exposed to alot of Norton products over the years. They do maintain the leader board on products for thwarting hijacks, viruses, network protection and the other major concerns most prevalent. Having used a number of products over the years, as I am sure you also have, the concerns I have with their products really are not so much about the products themselves as much as their burden on the systems that actually use their products. I believe because they are so closely attached to many major corporations that developing products for small business is not worth their time. With that said, you can see my "cons" statement.

Due to the nature of the major retail franchise I was with that was partnered with Norton, I won't disclose how often I had Norton issues, and quite honestly I believe the burden of some of their product development is the over-burden their major security products puts on the actual computer systems of a business network. It is true, their security evaluates in real-time, and you will, therefore, experience some "lag"; however, the more products you have on ANY system will have this issue. That said, working with the franchise technical support over issues related to the heavy computer-processor burden of the Norton products, and the fact that they had to have special software to totally remove Norton products, in the event it ever needed to be uninstalled, makes it a bit worrisome on many fronts. In a day and age of hacks and leaks and fraudulent activity within major organizations, I honestly am not comfortable turning over the confidential security brains of my organization to a third-party in totality. Once you install Norton on a basic home computer or business system, you will not be able to totally uninstall their product. You can go through their uninstall process, you can call their Technical Support and let them walk you, you can then try to justify if your mind that it has been done, but chances are pretty good that there are at the very least, a bunch of little scatter-brained pieces lying around in your system hogging your processor speed and storage.

Andrés J
Andrés J
Director in Kolumbien
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

First a selling & marketing company, then an Antivirus maker

Kommentare: It's a good product and I do believe it does its job. However, the commercial side of the company pushed me away.

It works across multiple operating systems as and the experience is quite similar. It does detect virus and it does its job. Support tends to be too automatic, but when you eventually talk to a human, usually in India, they do help and answer all your questions.

Norton is a selling and marketing company, and this shows so much. This is not bad per se, however every year when I had to renew, prices were 100% or more than the previous years; one year the price increase was over 200%. So, every 12 months I had to cancel my subscription, start with a new order and one year later, repeat the process.

adam
Designer in USA
Konsumgüter, Selbstständig

Always feeling secure

Kommentare: By using Norton products I am protecting myself and my work as much as anyone can be protected. As I mentioned previously with the near daily bombardment of threats of viruses I can feel safe knowing that I have Norton standing guard at all my doors, so that is one less thing I need to be concerned about! Peace of mind that my computer and my files are as protected as they can be is one of the most important benefits of Norton and they provide that in spades!

The best part of the Norton suite of security products is that it works 24 hours, 365 days a year. Even when I turn off the computer it stands guard so when I open back up it is ready. Whether is simple Malware, phishing or DDoS you are protected and that is of course of paramount importance. The programs are easy to use. Pretty much plug and play. It's nice to know that as complex as the program is Norton has made it easy for even neophytes to use! Integration is easy. There was a time when I got a new computer that was loaded with a competing antivirus program and they didn't play that well together. I was able to clear out the other one in favor of Norton. So transition was pretty seamless.

So I have used this analogy before. I feel bad because I don't make full use of what Norton has to offer. It is like having an 18 wheel tractor trailer available but I only need to go to the corner store. Norton has so much more than I need to use, but it is nice to know that not only is it there, but it is powerful enough to do whatever I might ever need to call on it for. So the question was is there be anything I feel is missing or could be improved? Not to me there isn't. I am a simple end user and it does everything I need and want it to do!

Hicham
Freelancer in Marokko
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Norton AntiVirus: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Kommentare: Norton AntiVirus is one of the most popular antivirus programs on the market. But it's not without its flaws. For starters, it's a resource hog. It can slow down your computer, especially if you have a lot of programs running in the background. And it doesn't always play well with other programs. Additionally, Norton's customer service is notoriously bad. So if you run into any problems, good luck getting help from them. In conclusion, while Norton AntiVirus has some great features, it also has some significant cons that make it less desirable than some alternatives. There are other options available that do just as good a job at detecting viruses, but don't bog down your system or have such bad customer service. Check out these pros and cons for Avast.

Norton AntiVirus is one of the oldest, most popular security software suites on the market. It’s definitely earned its reputation over the years, but it’s not perfect. In fact, it has several drawbacks that users need to be aware of before they install it on their computers. The good news? There are ways to work around those shortcomings and make Norton more effective than ever before. Norton AntiVirus is one of the most popular antivirus programs on the market. And for good reason: it's reliable, it's affordable, and it has a great reputation. It's also easy to use, which is important for people who are new to antivirus software. All you have to do is install it and let it run in the background while you surf the web. The downside? Sometimes updates happen automatically without your permission (and those can sometimes be quite large). So if you're looking for a more hands-off approach, this might not be the best option. The bad part comes with two downsides. First, they want you to pay upfront instead of annually or monthly as some other companies offer. Second, they don't always update as often as we'd like them to, so beware! And then there's the ugly side of things...their customer service leaves much to be desired. If you need help or advice on how to fix an issue with your computer, then chances are you'll get someone with very little knowledge about computers - and that won't really help at all!

Let's start with the bad. Norton antivirus is a resource hog. It can slow down your computer, even if you have a fast processor and plenty of RAM. And if you have an older computer, it can grind it to a halt. It also has a tendency to flag legitimate programs as malware. This false positive issue has gotten better over the years, but it's still something to be aware of. Additionally, Norton's tech support is notoriously unhelpful. If you have an issue with the software, good luck getting anyone on the phone who can actually help you solve it. Calling them will likely just result in being transferred around before someone eventually hangs up on you. Now onto the good... Norton has one of the most intelligent scanning engines on the market. It can scan for security risks such as viruses, spyware, and other malicious code that traditional antivirus software would overlook or not know how to detect. And its anti-phishing features are excellent - often catching dangerous websites that look like they're from major banks or retailers when they're really just trying to steal your information. In addition, Norton 360 includes backup features that make it simple to protect your data from loss by backing up important files automatically. While there are some drawbacks to using this program (false positives among them), overall we recommend giving it a try!

dishant
dishant
crowd sourcing in Indien
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Improved the security of our systems

Kommentare: We have been using this software in our systems from the past two years. It is essential for any organization to keep its online assets secure and so we are also not an exception. Norton Security will take care of all your internet related activities and will try its best to keep your system secure from any hacking attempt. I will recommend it to others looking for their personal use or any professional purpose.

Norton is the best security solution. It can effectively protect all your devices. Protecting online security and personal or professional data is a very crucial thing today. Whenever you're connected to the Internet, Norton will monitor all your activities in real-time and blocks or notifies about any potentially harmful activity happened. The virus definition of the Norton is updated regularly, and new threats and viruses are always added in it. Thus, making sure that your system gets the maximum security every time. The best thing that I loved about the Norton Security is their 100% virus protection guarantee. Whenever your system gets infected with a virus, you can directly get in touch with Norton's excellent customer support. You will be provided with the services of one of their expert, and the expert will assist you remotely in restoring your system to the safe state. If they failed to do so, you'd get your money back.

Norton is an excellent virus protection system but, it is not as efficient is detecting the rootkits than its competitors like Malwarebytes. I have used many other antiviruses also but, Norton consumes much memory while performing a regular or a scheduled scan. Thus, making the system a lot slower while performing any other task alongside it.

Rutv
System Analyst in Indien
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Norton-Most Powerful Anti-Mailware Software

Kommentare: Overall I am a very happy user of Norton, Pricing, Features, and Customer Support are very too good as compared to other software.

Firewall, Parental Controls, Password Manager, Web Controls, Pop-Up Notifications, System on-off Scan, 2 GB of Cloud storage, and Best Pricing are some of the features that make Norton the Best.

Sometimes Norton takes much time in scanning the whole system as compared to other software, sometimes Pop-Up are annoying

Rodrigo
Senior Account Executive in Costa Rica
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Protection at home

Kommentare: My experience in general with Norton is more than excellent. I feel the security of the protection when I surf the web, even though I have a teenager at home.

I have been using this software for more than 3 years, i have it in my personal computers at home and all my family have it in their phones. Not only provide security it also is a good way to protect your passwords.

What I least like about the product it is that sometimes the webpage manager is not that user friendly as you expect it should be.