Über Function Point

Dieses Komplettsystem kombiniert Projektmanagement-, QuickBooks-Integrations-, Zeiterfassungs-, CRM-, Finanz- und Unternehmenstools.

Erfahre mehr über Function Point

I think that Function Point covers a wide breadth of project management tasks. I like that the timesheets are in the same place as projects, it makes it really easy to label tasks throughout the day.

Missing multiple currency integration for agencies working in multiple countries.

Bewertungen zu Function Point

3,9
4,0

Function Point hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 191 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Function Point bereits verwendet?

Jordi
Jordi
CEO in Spanien
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great ERP for marketing or advertising agencies

Kommentare: Overall we have a great experience

Funcionalities are exactly what a medium - sized marketing or advertising / PR needs

Ease of use is not always great. Would be great if some focus could be put in there

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

It's great to have your feedback, Sean! We are thrilled to know our all-in-one management solution meets your expectations. With releases such as Kanban view, proofing, and Work Planning over the past two years we were able to help users gain visibility on task management in a more agile-friendly manner. Thanks once again for taking the time to leave your review.

Victoria
Director of Production in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When it comes to project and operational management, there are loads of options that talk a good game. However, the Function Point team is actually changing the game with how agencies and production companies can run their businesses successfully. Function Point set our business up for success in navigating a pandemic, remote work, and new sales structures. Changing our project management system to FP has been the single greatest immediate and long term benefit to our company's profitability. Our business is healthier and our employees are happier because of the things we can do and see now with the FP operating system. The sheer amount of usable, reliable and readable data that the Function Point platform can produce matched with the top notch customer experience and support makes the perfect software to support busy creative agencies.

The ease of timetracking against specific jobs, service lines and tasks; financial and project/task management tracking in one platform; estimate creation within the system that has all the information transferred automatically when making it a job; the BI reporting with bar graphs and pivot grids.

The lack of reviewing software; how difficult/how many extra steps it takes to move a task to a different assignee or different date; no seemless/single channel communication tab; no quick search functionality; it's not an easy system for account or project managers to keep tabs on mulitple projects/people at once.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Hi Victoria, Thank you for taking out the time to review Function Point. We really appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that Function Point is helping your team become more productive (and happier) and providing long-term value to your clients. Nothing pleases us more than to learn that we've helped set up our partners for success! Thank you for your feedback regarding the FP system, specifically around collaboration. With releases such as Kanban view and Online Proofing this year, we are hoping to close those gaps. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to your CSM in case you need help with understanding any of the system modules. Thank you once again! Best regards, Team FP

Jessica
Operations Manager in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Lots of pros, but also lots of cons

Kommentare: It works for us, but the sun doesn't rise and set with it. Function Point lets us log a lot of information and communicate tasks with people who are out of the office well. But there is a steep learning curve, we've never been super happy with the billing integration for retainer clients, and the reporting is subpar. It works great for people who exclusively work on a project-by-project basis. But their "Retainer" integration leaves a lot wanting. It works, but it's not seamless.

It's really great for projects. The structure for setting up estimates and Jobs and Tasks works great when you're focusing on individual projects. And creating Tasks are straightforward, we love that you can pass tasks back-and-forth between team members. We can pretty easily communicate new tasks and jobs/projects to people who don't work in the office. Between Job description, Tasks descriptions and comments on tasks, Notes and comments on notes, and the ability to upload files, there's a lot of power there. Nice to have a track record of things. And when you're billing for an individual project, the billing function is great.

Billing for retainer clients is not simple or easy. Integrated billing was a big reason we went with Function Point, and it works great for individual projects, but I think the retainer function was added on as an after thought, and is very clunky. To the point that we're thinking about only using the FP billing feature for projects, and just billing Retainer clients straight out of QuickBooks. Also, the Reports are fairly worthless. They are so complicated to interpret, and confusing to create. Most of the reports don't pull up in the browser, they are automatic downloads to an .XML file. And some of the files names are completely different from what they are called in Function Point. I once spent half a day trying to recreate a report I had made a few months ago, but could not find the report listed anywhere in the Report section. It took a support ticket for me to find out that even thought the file name that had downloaded with the report was called "Cost Recovery Rate Report By Client", the report I had to run was called "Billable Hours Recovered By Staff". And the Jobs are pretty great, but it is annoying that you have to create and Estimate every time you create a new job. With Retainer clients, we don't always have to get an estimate approved before we start on a job, so it's just an annoying step. And it's another level of settings you have to go through to get things in the Job right.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us, Jessica. Keep an eye on your inbox for a message from your Customer Success Manager.

Darla
Darla
Senior Project and Content Manager in USA
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Not the most "functional" project management software but definitely keeps us organized

The company pages in Function Point provide us with all the information we need because we're able to customize them to our needs. We can include the client information, but we also have team information so one page tells everyone who is involved with that client's projects. The customizable dashboard also allows each person to view things that they feel are important to them.

I find Function Point to not be as "functional" as its name might suggest. It is often laggy when you click on links. Getting to pages that you want to be on takes many clicks instead of just one (for example, it seems strange to me that clicking on the name of a "schedule" within a company takes me to a jumbled list of tasks rather than the actual schedule page where I can see things laid out in order). There isn't a good calendar view that allows a person to drag and drop tasks (and since I manage our company's design calendar, it would be great if I could do this since it's basically like putting together a giant puzzle). The customization seems to have stopped with the "dashboard" type of views of the main page and schedule pages. If you want to view, for instance, the time allotted to people within the company for a day, you might visit the Work Planning View, which overall is a great view (shows tasks assigned and a total number of hours allotted to each person). The downside is it always only shows everyone in the company, which isn't ever what I need. Being able to choose who I see in this view (and others like it) would improve the functionality a lot. There are also too many different ways to view things. There are at least three different ways to see how many hours of work a person has scheduled for the day. There are a couple of different views for tasks within a certain project. It can be overwhelming.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Thanks for your feedback, Darla. Your Customer Success Manager will be following up with you on a couple items you mentioned. Keep an eye on your inbox!

Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Cures the timesheet entry drudgery.

Kommentare: I'm not particularly good about keeping my timesheets current, but Function Point makes it a lot easier to keep on track.

I like that I can access it anywhere and on whatever device I happen to be using. I rely on the weekly timesheet for most of my time entry stuff. The TAB through interface makes it really simple.

My biggest complaint is that when you make a mistake or key something that needs clarification, a dialog box requiring an action comes up nowhere near where you're currently working on the page. And you have to click the OK button to close it. It won't accept the return key or tab key. Say you're looking up a job. You type in a few letters, hit TAB and a list comes up. That list is at the bottom of the page and you have to mouse over your selection and click it in order to move on. Even if you don't see the job you're looking for in the list, you still have to mouse over and click OK. It's a small thing, but compared to all the other software I use each day, this is a pretty clunky issue for me.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We'd love to understand more about this behaviour you're experiencing in your searches. You can reach us at heretohelp@functionpoint.com

Overall, the software provides the functions our agency needs on a daily basis.

I like that I have all our client's estimates and jobs at my fingertips when I need them, in a organized manner. I can see the overall health of a project at any given time - which helps us stay on budget. I also like being able to move employee's time around to different projects in an efficient manner - just a couple of simple clicks and the time is moved to the right place!

I wish there was a way to generate a master budget for all estimates related to a specific project. Our clients are always wanting a grand total for what a project, that has multiple jobs involved, is going to cost them. We end of up having to figure this separately and if would save time and resources if this type of feature was added.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We've passed along your feedback to our Product Team for consideration. We appreciate you letting us know how we can make Function Point better for you and your team!

Muneeb
Muneeb
Digital Marketing Manager in Kanada
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Task and project management software

Kommentare: Function point is a basic but efficient tool if you're trying to estimate project hours and timeline.

Function point is an efficient project management software with time tracking feature. You can also create project plans, estimates, and invoices.

The interface is very basic and it can be difficult to navigate to different sections of the website. Adding details about a task or estimate can be a challenge considering the space is limited and you have to drag view again and again.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Hi Muneeb! Thank you for taking the time to review Function Point. We really appreciate your feedback on how Function Point is efficient for your business. With releases such as Kanban, proofing, and work calendar views over the past two years, we hope to increase our users' experience with how you view and edit tasks. Know that your CSM is there for you in case you need any help in improving your journey with our system modules. Thank you once again and best regards from our FP Team!

President in USA
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Function Point is an essential part of our agency workflow forming the backbone of our process.

Depth of information and availability of data. The amount of information can be intimidating to a new user, but with experience, the ability to not simply keep track of projects, but to be able to monitor the health of your agency is essential. Function Point's robust reporting tools make that possible.

Lack of ability to customize and support workflow options that are outside of established understandings within the system. Additional client portal functionality for example.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us, Nathan. We're so glad to hear how FP is helping monitor the health of Zipie!

Robin
Robin
Principal in USA
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Function Point is a great productivity tool that offers all the features that we were looking for.

The user interface is great and so easy that our creatives actually use it to track their time, while offering needed information for account services and project management AND it also back ends into Quickbooks to make AP and AR easier.

It would be great if the software had a more robust time tracking capability so that I can see more easily at a glance PTO, overtime, etc. That way, I won't have to invest in another software to track employee time.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your thoughts, Robin! We've added your feedback about time tracking to be considered by our Product team.

Walter
Walter
Graphic Designer in Südafrika
, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Function point takes the messiness of time tracking out of the equation

Kommentare: Being able to track time and stay up to dat with my workload, and when I am asked what I spent my time doing, my boss can easily pull up my time sheets and see what was done

The ease of which I can track time and be aware of deadlines and time estimates. Function point helps me stay ahead of my workload

You have to refresh your browser whenever a new task is added, requiring you to stop your time and copy and paste the time

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Walter. Your Customer Success Manager will be reaching out to clarify why you're needing to refresh your browser when a task is added. Keep an eye on your inbox!

Lauren
Sr. Project Manager in USA

FP Review

Kommentare: Mostly we are utilizing FP for time tracking and project budgeting. The other tools aren't comprehensive enough for us to bring everything into FP - we use Smartsheet for scheduling (because it's a big-picture thing - not just about individuals hours), and currently customize a resourcing document that we export out of FP but it takes so much time to noodle, it's not really efficient. Generally speaking, it works well and it's easy to access. We understand one tool can't solve all problems - but if you could get resourcing reports to be more useful that would be huge.

Pretty clean interface. Like that it's cloud-based so it's easy to do my job on the go. Customer support is good.

The resourcing view is really difficult to use. I'd love if it there was a clean way to see someone's availability utilizing the full project timeline and hours assigned. Currently it pulls in vacation hours into that view (which is not helpful) and does not extend long enough to forecast team availability. Improving this would be a huge help and make using FP much more useful. Currently it's being used as a budget and time tracking tool. The scheduler is not that useful - the view is a little convoluted so we don't use it much to schedule projects - we use Smartsheet for that for it's simplicity. If you could improve your schedule view and process that would also be useful.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

We've passed on your feedback to our Product team for consideration, Lauren. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Hollis
Director of Client Services in USA

Lots of Features

Kommentare: Overall it's nice to have once tool for many of our project tracking/accounting needs.

There are a lot of features that could be disparate apps but all come together nicely in one program. We mostly use for estimating, time tracking, invoicing and reporting. We don't use the brief or schedule features currently but would like to look at them again to see if they might be good for our team now that we've bene using FP for a few years.

It took us a while to set up in a way that made sense for our teams/how we work and to put some best practices into place. When we first started using FP, the Brief and Schedule features were clunky/didn't work for how we work so we haven't been able to utilize them. I also feel like some workflows are clunky and I find myself going back and forth to different views to complete tasks, but make it work!

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Hollis. Your Customer Success Manager will reach out to you to discuss how the Briefs and Schedules modules can work for your team!

Susan
President in USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Changed our business for the better!

Kommentare: As a small agency of 8 people, making the change to a new system was a daunting task. It seemed like it would fit the bill, but I was worried about the learning curve and the what if I didn't like it after we got into the thick of it. I knew, however, that this should be a good move, we needed to do this before we grow and add more people. The system has everything I need and much I didn't know I'd want. Setting up was challenging but Jim our FP expert here (and the guy who discovered you) was chomping at the bit to get this going took total control of setting us up. Between the two of us we really rocked set up which means the system is very Mac minded. This year was our first full year on the system and everyone here loves it for many different reasons and we are still only scratching the surface of what it can do. Time keeping and invoicing is now a breeze, for me I have started to check everyones weekly time just to be sure everything has been entered, I caught days of missing entries, I had assumed everyone was entering time on a regular basis. Its like finding money! Too many reasons to say why I love this system. I know more, save time, can access anywhere-anytime. My key people can access everything if I'm not here. I especially like attaching printing invoices to the job so anyone can access it instead of me going through my files to find it. On another note, we couldn't have gotten through all this without the web classes, and you tube videos. Makes for a wonderful way to learn. Then there are your problem solvers. Every question I have ever had was addressed promptly and explained so I could follow through. I think that is really important. Makes me feel even better just know I can get answers when I need them. Thanks for changing our business for the better! Why am I writing now? Well, as I opened the program to start my day I realized I'm really on top of this now. It isn't forced 'I gotta do this", or remembered 'dam-it I forgot to enter...", its habit. Took a while but seemed after so much getting used to it I should finally let you all know me and my crew love it, especially me, the one who has to access and keep track of all of this.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Thank you Susan. We really appreciate your feedback and love working with you.

Cole
Manager, Business Development and Marketing in Kanada

IVY Design Review of Function Point

Kommentare: IVY's experience with Function Point has been nothing short of outstanding in our first months utilizing the system. As an agency with over 17 years and 2000 projects under our belt, there was a concern that migrating to a new software package would be a disrupter to our business flow. This has not been the case whatsoever. In fact, the implementation of Function Point was seamless and, even in its infancy within our agency, we are already seeing improved workflows, visibility into projects, and increased billings as a result. From our account manager Jimmy to our on boarding consultant Isabel, the team at Function Point has gone above and beyond to make this process simple. I have no doubt that the outstanding support we have received from the Function Point team will continue and help our business grow into the future. Lastly, to comment on the platform itself, Function Point is an incredibly well thought out piece of software. It is very clear that the developers have a deep understanding of what goes on within the operations of a creative agency and the user interface clearly reflects this care and attention. We were able to get up and running with minimal stress and we will easily cover the cost of the software within the first 6 months due to the increased efficiency and visibility into project health. First rate. I would absolutely recommend Function Point to any team looking to streamline their workflows, seamlessly collaborate on projects, and increase revenues as a result!

Easy of use Amazing support team Great user interface Well thought out & rich with the features an agency needs

Nothing!

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Cole - I appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. Thank you for your kind words about the Function Pointers you've worked with so far. We're always listening for feedback, so please reach out if you ever have suggestions for how we can make Function Point even better.

Daniel
Partner in Kanada
Architektur & Planung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great for small-medium business

I've used FP for 10 years as we've grown from 1 to 12 employees. It's been a lifesaver for proposal writing, time sheet entry and monitoring. Great for consulting firms with a lot of project on the go.

A few of the reports that the system can generate need some work. Particularly the "Job Summary By Individual". It has a crazy predefined sort order that is not intuitive and doesn't follow Job # sequence! Why?! We use this report every month for invoicing prep. 10 years now and it drives us crazy. Please fix.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Daniel! So glad we could make your everyday work process painless for you and your team. Thank you for your feedback regarding reporting; please don't hesitate to reach out to your CSM and they'll be happy to walk you through the possibilities with reporting. Best regards from the FP team.

Photographer in Kanada
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Lots of functionality if it fits your business

FP is a very versatile software program. From the ability to save templates of our most current jobs, to being able to pull reports to see which jobs are most profitable have been valuable to our business. THough it wasn't designed for a creative agency model, which means we also have to use other productivity software in conjunction with FP, it serves its function well.

It's not so much what I didn't like, it's what is not important to our business model. Things such as Tasks and Schedules aren't as easily accessible as something like Trello, and having the option to remove those tabs from the interface would be useful.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Hi Nathan, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us! We've passed your feedback to our Product team for consideration.

Princess
Director of Operations in USA

Software we use daily that keeps on improving

Function Point's Quickbooks Integration is one of the main reasons we chose to go with Function Point. It has been very helpful for our client services and accounting teams when exporting and sending invoices. Although it's not perfect, Function Point's integration with our accounting software makes our invoice delivery system much easier.

We are not aware of other integrations that Function Point offers for other software systems that we use, such as Slack, Google Calendar, Grow, Fathom, DocuSign/Adobe Sign, etc. Also, the reporting feature is under-utilized by our users because some reports require a program that can read XML files. Upgrading and adding new features would make FP even better, and because we've seen the software evolve, we wouldn't be surprised if new features are already in the works.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Thanks so much for your kind words here, Princess. Stay tuned for what's to come!

Ann
Office Administrator in USA
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for the price

Kommentare: Great value. It's not the most robust tool that I've used, but it gets what we need done.

This software adequately serves its function as our project management and billing tool. Well designed interface that's easy to navigate and customize per user role. Customer service is great and responsive. Serves its purpose well.

My biggest issue with the software to date has been the ability to customize toward our needs. i.e. more flexibility to run reports applicable to our business needs. That being said, its works great for what we pay. Another thing I'd like to see added to the functionality is an app that would allow our users to assign tasks via iPhone/Android.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Anne!

Ioanna
Assistant Account Executive in USA

Function Point - Great Program

Kommentare: We've been using Function Point for a little over 1.6 year and it is a great program. It made a positive change in our daily operations - from communicating jobs between the account, creative and digital teams, to managing personal and client hours.
Function Point is very easy to use, it keeps all of your client jobs in the same place, so it is easy to reference a past job whether it is a job from a month ago or from a year ago. Also you can add as many contacts as needed, so the whole team has access to the jobs/assets/information and etc.
I would definitely recommend the program.

easy to use, easy to manage projects and hours, keeps your projects organized

Sometimes it is a bit slow and it takes a minute to register an update, for example when I dismiss some of my notifications, it takes a bit to remove it from the list and it reloads to the homepage.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Thanks for your kind words about Function Point, Ioanna. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Catherine
Senior Copywriter in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I mainly use Function Point for project information, time tracking and communicating w/ coworkers.

Kommentare: Easy time tracking and comprehensive access to important project information/files.

I've used other, similar programs in the past, and FunctionPoint is by far the most comprehensive, while also being extremely easy to navigate. I find it to be pretty fool proof, so I'm never worried about messing something up.

I think the search functionality could stand to be a bit more user friendly. It usually takes me a few tries to find what I'm looking for if I don't have ALL the relevant information.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Hi Catherine, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us! If you ever have more feedback for us, we'd love to hear it: functionpoint.ideas.aha.io

Elizabeth
Head of Account Services in USA

A solid project management service, but lacks specific features

I've used it for over 6 years. As a legacy system for us, it works decently for creating estimates, invoices, etc., project management, etc. It's fairly easy to learn for new hires to use for basic use. Good timesheet options.

It lacks certain features like mass movement of multiple tasks or projects, the schedule feature leaves a lot to be desired, no integration with quickbooks, and reporting could be more robust.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, Elizabeth. We're sorry that you're feeling frustrated with some parts of the system. Your Customer Success Manager will be reaching out to you to see how we can help.

Elizabeth
Writer, Marketing in USA

It can be frustrating but as a creative, I don't like keeping track of my time.

I like the synchronization between the Task/To Dos list and the time entry. The Dashboard we have seems pretty straight forward.

The Tasks/To Dos list is challenging because I can't figure out a way to sort my many projects by the due date. I also have a problem with the Task list in the timer section. It only shows 200 projects and at any given time we have at least 300 or more happening at the same time. If I have had to work on a project to which I wasn't assigned, it's impossible to find it except if it's in the Task list. The "Find a Project in the "projects drop down is pretty useless .

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Hi Elizabeth, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. The great news is that there are solutions to your concerns above! Your Customer Success Manager will be reaching out to you to help.

Perry
Principal in Kanada

Don't wait another minute

Kommentare: Function Point is the backbone to our studio. It helps us manage clients, the projects they assign us, costs that are incurred as a result of these jobs and allows us to focus on developing exceptional creative solutions for our clients. Without it we would be lost.
Go Function Point Go.

Soup to nuts. It is comprehensive and is wonderfully supported by the responsive team at FP.

The graphic interface needs some work. Slowly we are getting there, but that would be my only criticism.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Hi Perry - thanks very much for your kind words here. I'm so pleased that using Function Point is allowing you and your team to focus on what you do best. Please feel free to reach out at any time, we're always ready to listen.

Jeralee
Web Strategy Manager I in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Updates haven't been extremely helpful for how we're using the product

Kommentare: Individual task and time management.

Task management by individual person. Resourcing forecast based on date range. Ability to use it from anywhere.

The new scheduling list doesn't really work for our team, we prefer the old schedule template if we have to adjust entire schedules rather than having to adjust each individual task in the schedule. Some of our schedules have hundreds of tasks, so the adjust dates functionality in the old schedule is crucial for us.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Hi Jeralee, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Your Customer Success Manager will be in touch to help you out with the solution to this!

CJ
COO in USA

Been using for years and overall has great feature set for project management

Kommentare: efficient teamwork environment

dashboard & task assignments, team collaboration, alerts & subscriptions, dashboard & task assignment

not very responsive to be mobile friendly to tablet/notebook, one example: help icon covers scroll down and no way to turn off so this one item makes any screens with scroll down ( 80%) difficult to use. The app is only for timesheet which is good for staff, but not much for management.

Antwort von Function Point Productivity Software

Thanks for sharing this great feedback with us, CJ! If you'd ever like to elaborate on your suggestions, we'd love to hear it: functionpoint.ideas.aha.io