4,2 /5
    4,2 /5

Über OnBase

ECM-Lösung, die integriertes Dokumentenmanagement, Business-Process-Management und Records-Management kombiniert.

Erfahre mehr über OnBase

Stephen B.
Customer Service Representative
Design, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.3.2019

"OnBase"

Kommentare: My overall experience with OnBase has been excellent. I don't know what I would do without it as far as keeping me organized. I recommend this software to anyone that has countless PDFs they need to keep a record of and have the option of retrieving at any given moment.

Vorteile: OnBase is excellent for keeping copies of all my client's purchase orders in one place. The layout is user friendly and very simple to use. I mainly use it to keep track of countless numbers of PDFs I have on file. Once imported in to OnBase, I am able to retrieve those files with a simple search. It's been a lifesaver for keeping me organized.

Nachteile: The only issue I have with OnBase is a minor annoyance. When I am importing documents, I am not able to drag and drop multiple files at a time. If I have 10 files to import, then I have to do 10 separate imports for each. Other than that, I do not have any complaints.

• Bewertet am 20.3.2019
OnBase Administrator
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.12.2017

"Best ECM software on the market with great workflow capability"

Kommentare: Drastically improved workflow processes and document management/retention.

Vorteile: Best workflow engine I have ever seen, allows point and click configurable workflows with almost no need for custom scripting (though that is an option). The way it organizes document types is the best I have seen and has a LOT of capabilities for integrating with other line of business systems. The interface is very modern looking as long as you are using the desktop Unity Client or the Web based client. They also offer mobile applications that work very well.

Nachteile: Though the scanning features are very good and getting better the forms recognition still isn't as good as most dedicated scanning applications. Also the cost of OnBase tends to be higher than many others but I do find that you get what you pay for.

• Bewertet am 13.12.2017
Randy Z.
Sr. Applications developer
  • Bewertet am 25.7.2018

"OnBase has gone downhill"

Vorteile: all in one document and workflow management software, but the pros end there.
OnBase 13 was great, OnBase 17 not so much

Nachteile: we upgraded from OnBase 13 to OnBase 17 and let me tell you it is a disaster. OnBase 17 is slower substantially in every category. We are using a click once install, now it has to check the server every time you open, word, or excel, outlook or even OnBase itself for a new version, which sounds great, but this can take 30-45 seconds EVERYTIME you want to open a document. Switching from inbox to related items is very slow, 6-10 seconds, which doesn't seem like a lot, but over the course of a day where you do this 70 times, well you do the math for wasted productivity. And then there is the Random errors that constantly come up on a users system that has worked just fine for months, but there is no solution to that either. Hyland support is virtually non existent, their only solutions are run this software utility that they have. Nothing is ever resolved, they just keep "kicking the can down the road", or tell us to update to version 18. sorry after this disaster our next upgrade will be to something else. Our business users are screaming to go back to version 13.

• Bewertet am 25.7.2018
Implementation Specialist
  • Bewertet am 1.2.2018

"Onbase is extremely versatile, but it takes time to learn the software and what it is capable of."

Kommentare: I use Onbase daily for my job, so I see benefits in streamlining and automating process through workflow which save me thousands of hours a year.

Vorteile: It's unique, extremely versatile, and has thousands of integration's. It's extremely useful for a lot of different purposes. Specifically I've used this for document management. It has numerous options for user administration, which is helpful. There are modules for just about everything you can think of, and most are well-made and do their job.

Nachteile: There is a steep learning curve to Onbase. The software licensing is not always cheap or ideal, and sometimes you can hit a brick wall due to unforeseen issues. Someone with a deep understanding of the software is an invaluable asset to any implementation.

• Bewertet am 1.2.2018
Denny S.
Associate University Registrar
  • Bewertet am 1.10.2018

"Using OnBase in Higher Education"

Kommentare: Within the Registrar's Office, we utilize OnBase and it's ability to use OCR functionality to capture information from students' transcripts for input into our student information system. This alone eliminates dozens of hours of manual labor each week. On top of that, it is a reliable, quick, enterprise imaging solution.

Vorteile: OnBase provides a feature-rich imaging solution that is beloved on our campus. In addition to being a solid imaging solution, OnBase features a powerful workflow engine that allows for easy automation of processes.

Nachteile: Depending upon how it is being used, the number of options can be somewhat intimidating. However, once a user is briefed on how to utilize the system and its tools, this is no longer an issue.

• Bewertet am 1.10.2018
Sonya B.
Fiscal Associate-Customer Service Specialist Accounts Payable
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.1.2019

"Great software"

Vorteile: First when I was learning about this software, I learned that so much can be done just in this system. Its so flexible that it can be used for accounting, hr, etc. The main page of this software is build-able and can be used to keep track of employees progress.

Nachteile: Sometimes this software freezes when you scroll around through multiple thing. You have to restart the program many times.

• Bewertet am 19.1.2019
Marishia Q.
Vendor Relations Analyst
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.2.2019

"My A/P program"

Kommentare: I am a vendor analyst in accounts payable, and this is one of our main programs.

Vorteile: This is an effective program for accounts payable and is easy to learn and manipulate data for entry.

Nachteile: This program is easy to problem shoot should an issue occur, and I see nothing difficult about it's performance.

• Bewertet am 6.2.2019
Krysti L.
Advising and Admissions Coordinator
  • Bewertet am 9.8.2018

"Easy to Use"

Vorteile: I like how you have all documents link together so when you search a name, everything pulls up.

Nachteile: I don’t like that we don’t have the ability to have a workflow or a way to send documents to other departments. If there is that ability , it should be standard for universities.

• Bewertet am 9.8.2018
Erica T.
Advising and Admissions Coordinator
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.5.2018

"OnBase is used in my daily tasks to view documents"

Kommentare: Being able to see student documents on site and off site when needed to evaluate and assess their files appropriately.

Vorteile: OnBase makes it easy to view student documents and files to evaluate student files and assess their transcripts. Saving and printing documents when needed is easy to do as well. This system makes my job easier.

Nachteile: The document not found area is a bit hard to understand, however once you learn the system it is easy to figure out.

• Bewertet am 29.5.2018
Angela B.
Content Developer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.8.2019

"Advanced platform for content management"

Kommentare: If I talk about the benefits of using this product. I would say it is playing a vital role in our organization. Also I would say they have responsive customer support.

Vorteile: It has been an excellent product for content management. With the assistance of this product we can change over unstructured information into an organized one that contains numbers, dates and certainties so as to improve the information conveyance and generally correspondence in a specific association and companies. I would say it is a useful product.

Nachteile: It has been long time using this versatile tool. It is great that I have not ever come across any major problem. It always gives perfect services. I am a satisfied user of Onbase.

• Bewertet am 17.8.2019
Lee M.
Program Coordinator
Hochschulbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2019

"OnBase"

Kommentare: In addition to allowing our institution to securely store and safely access student records, the newest user interface and features are easier to use. I'm not sure if our institution purchased some upgraded features in OnBase or if it itself has had an upgrade and facelift, but it seems to be running faster and with the clearly labeled icon/tools using OnBase has only gotten easier. It's great!

Vorteile: I think OnBase's newer colorful web-based appearance and interface is a bug PLUS! The interface and functionality is much more user friendly and I love the ability to create my own Favorites so I can quickly jump to the specific user pages/information that I need and use most often.

Nachteile: Honestly there aren't really any negatives about OnBase that I can think of. I guess if I had to say anything negative it is that I have not had formal training in using OnBase and could learn more about its newer features (so user error or lack of learning more on my part). I'm using it right now and it's great...I usually only use a few features to perform the tasks I need to when searching for student records/documents and after clicking around to see what I might dislike about it I actually found another feature I love about it! - the Query History tool is super cool! To be able to see a list of my most recent searches is yet another feature I like about OnBase!

• Bewertet am 11.12.2019
Customer Service Representative
Design, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.9.2018

"OnBase"

Vorteile: I enjoy OnBase for its straightforward easy to use setup. I am able to import my customer's purchase orders and bill of materials in OnBase in seconds. This then gives me the ability to pull them up at any given time by the purchase order or sales order. When talking to my clients, I am able to refer back to their documents quickly by using OnBase.

Nachteile: My biggest issue with OnBase is when importing PDF files, you are not able to drag and drop more than one file at a time. Sometime I am needing to import several related documents at the same time but have to take the time to import each file one by one. Having the option to import an entire folder or more that file at a time would be a huge time saver.

• Bewertet am 17.9.2018
Accountant - Internal Controls
  • Bewertet am 19.7.2018

"Our organization utilizes OnBase for our invoicing, approvals, and T/E, which serves us very well."

Kommentare: OnBase allows our organization to swiftly process invoices, approvals, T/E reimbursements, and house all backup data for transactions. The software is very user friendly and would be an asset to any organization looking to upgrade their Accounts Payable department.

Vorteile: OnBase is a great software to utilize when wanting a virtual database that can easily be accessed and used by users of all experience levels. The software does an excellent job in communicating with other programs, which allows our organization to have the peace of mind our financial system is correct.

Nachteile: The only con I have at this time is a few options, such as the print option, are not as easily accessible as previous options. It would be great to have the CNTRL-P option to print again.

• Bewertet am 19.7.2018
William A.
  • Bewertet am 9.1.2018

"Been working with this vendor and software for 3 years to develop solutions for customers at my job."

Vorteile: Onbase is truly an ECM software that can capture all of a companies business processes. From AP, and AR, to HR and even healthcare solutions, Onbase has features and functionality that allows for a wide array of solutions and configurations. Simple back-end for managers and administrators, as well as a good UI for end-users.

Nachteile: The wide range of configuration options and features means it takes years to learn all the capabilities of the software. Onbase support is often times unhelpful for more complicated configurations and network dependencies, often taking days/weeks to resolve more complicated issues.

• Bewertet am 9.1.2018
Bonnie M.
Educator
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.10.2018

"OnBase"

Kommentare: We were lucky to have been using OnBase for our document storage system, not every school in the district chose to use OnBase like we did. Being able to transfer the scanned documents from OnBase into our previous database system was different at first, but we quickly caught on how to use it. Recently the district switched to a new application system only to find that they can't upload documents directly into it. When it was announced that all schools would need to use OnBase we are happy, as we are already ahead of everyone else! Our transition to the new software has been almost seamless.

Vorteile: OnBase allows us to securely store and safely access student records easily.

Nachteile: When I first started using OnBase i had the older version (looked like an old DOS or mainframe system), and it was hard to sometimes locate student records, and/or see if there were more levels (additional documents) for the same student. But once I switched to the newer version I was able to easily see much more and drill down when a single student had more than one document scanned into OnBase.

• Bewertet am 5.10.2018
Unit Clerk - Oncology
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.8.2019

"Great for Case Management"

Kommentare: I would definitely think that OnBase would be a useful tool for any healthcare facility that needs to verify health insurance of patients or needs to make claims.

Vorteile: OnBase is a great and easy tool to use for patient case management. As someone who is often responsible for verifying the health insurance of patients, I need to create caseloads on OnBase. Through doing this, it is easy to manage and track the different steps of the insurance verification, insurance claims, and billing through OnBase. What I like the most about this software definitely has to be how it streamlines this process.

Nachteile: There is definitely a bit of a learning curve for those who are using this for the first time. I think that most tools used in medical settings tend to be somewhat complex to navigate around and this is no different.

• Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Amy G.
Agent
Versicherung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.9.2019

"User friendly"

Kommentare: I use this as part of a carrier page to search for and retrieve documents, so far this have been great software. I like that the documents are all compartmentalized so you can search by the type of document.

Vorteile: This software is easy to use and fairly user friendly. I like that the software seems to be very literal.

Nachteile: Sometimes the software freezes up or give you the infamous 'circle of death' while it attempts to pull up the document - however this could be unrelated to the actual software and more of a computer issue.

• Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Network Engineer\OnBase Administrator
Versicherung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.12.2017

"OnBase is a versatile, robust electronic document management system. I have been continually pleased"

Kommentare: It doesn't seem obvious, but implementing this software helped us standardize our business processes. Obvious benefits are that we were able to streamline processes and keep our business documentation in one place.

Vorteile: OnBase is very versatile, so it can be configured to work within you environment, whatever it looks like.

Nachteile: Because it is so versatile, trying to figure out exactly how to build it out can be a bit confounding. Sometimes it's simpler to take a canned version of a thing and implement it, but that isn't usually the best bet.

• Bewertet am 22.12.2017
Solange C.
Associate Director
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.8.2018

"Versatile system, but still has a few limitations"

Kommentare: Centralized document retention and management cloud based system

Vorteile: The ability to be Green and scan emails, word docs, excel spreadsheets directly into onbase without having to print the items first

Nachteile: The user unfriendliness of generating statistical reports from the system requires the assistance of an administrator. Everyday users are not able to easily configure reports. Also administrators are sometimes unable to generate adhoc reports

• Bewertet am 2.8.2018
Skilled Recruiter
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.3.2019

"LOVE THIS SOFTWARE"

Vorteile: I used this software while working for a credit union and we were really working about the implementation/switch but honestly it was so smooth besides a few system bugs. That's where their awesome customer service comes in.

Nachteile: I really don't have much to report that I didn't like. Maybe just the speed of the system, but that can always be because of network connectivity issues.

• Bewertet am 26.3.2019
Customer Service Specialist
Staatsverwaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

"Good Paperless Option"

Kommentare: OnBase made the conversion to paperless relatively seamless for my office.

Vorteile: OnBase offers a lot of great features that make it easy for users to adapt to working with scans of the documents, rather than the documents themselves. It offers several options for organizing, searching, and file managing.

Nachteile: At times it can be difficult to navigate - and can be rather intimidating without proper training. But with proper training, it's pretty easy to use.

Phillip V.
Application Administrator
Bekleidung & Mode, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.12.2016

"Complex and Complete. Quick ROI"

Kommentare: I am an application administrator, working to improve business functions and reduce process costs with OnBase.

Vorteile: This software is complex!! It allows you to do a myriad of things all in the name of streamline your workflow.

Nachteile: This software is complex! It takes time to grow comfortable in managing it. There are so many companion apps necessary to be successful that it can be costly.

• Bewertet am 11.12.2016
Raul S.
VP IT Manager
  • Bewertet am 18.5.2017

"Resold via Wausau IMS"

Vorteile: Very modular and customizeable. Very solid software. The IMS support is excellent and responsive.

Nachteile: I get the best support from Wausau. If there is an issue that is refererd to Hyland then it takes a while to get resolved

• Bewertet am 18.5.2017
Gerente de Operaciones y Servicios
Regierungsbeziehungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.9.2018

"The Ferrari of content management"

Vorteile: Excellent content manager, excellent as a bpm, you can get the Mix with other systems (dynamics, outlook, your core software) and it woks perfectly

Nachteile: It’s expensive! But every cents worth it

Christopher R.
Application Analyst
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.2.2020

"Don't Try Anything Mobile or Remote"

Kommentare: Terrible.

Vorteile: The ability to generate and query digitized documents was powerful.

Nachteile: Where to begin? If you're attempting to leverage this program for mobile document generation and/or signature gathering, look elsewhere! Numerous issues with sustaining sessions and maintaining connectivity. Furthermore, the error messaging is atrocious! End-users, myself included, constantly report not being able to successfully save documents or the program hanging on submission without any type of error messaging. Also, creating new forms is a nightmare! The number of places where profiles and and different data objects have to be created to get forms to correctly pass information is absurd. There's also no easy way to build upon old forms so you're stuck having to reinvent the wheel each time you may have a subtle difference or different process/user flow for an updated form.

• Bewertet am 21.2.2020