Filtern nach:

Über Explorer Eclipse

Das Baumanagement und die Buchhaltung bieten dem Personal im gesamten Unternehmen Anwendungen, Informationen und Prozesse.

Erfahre mehr über Explorer Eclipse

Ananya N.
Ananya N.
Software Engineer in Indien
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Where else would you go for Java?

Kommentare: Making backend programming for a tool look like a cake walk.

The best place for Java developers. It helps you with writing your code seamlessly. Provides you with a wide range of plugins and perspective to connect with your tool which uses Java as backend.

Nothing at all. Amazing product. Best one till date.

Ethan R.
USA

Very Well Thought-Out Application

I use Eclipse for automated Selenium testing with Java and I love the multitude of features created to make the software development process as simple as possible. Imports are a snap, for example: just enter a method from a given library and the import statement is added for you. Move a class from one package to another & Eclipse updates the package in the file automatically. Setting breakpoints for debugging is easy & intuitive. The list goes on.

I'm still using Kepler, which works fine, but I'd be interested in upgrading to the latest version. However, I don't want to simply delete the whole application and replace it wholesale with the latest version. I know there's a way to do a piecemeal upgrade, but I'm not clear on the steps. It would be nice if that were clearer. Other than that, I can't really think of anything that qualifies as a negative.

Vice President in USA
Groߟhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

this is the best out there?

Supposedly - the best for distribution - with regards to forcasting, purchasing, inventory, email, ftp, flat files, reporting is good - if you can figure out how to get the data out. most users / companies can't or spend years trying to ....

1. company has been bought and sold many times in 15 years. Each time the new company tries to squeeze its users so the new company can implement cost savings and pay for their acquisition. ie outsourcing their customer service reps to other countries without having any training. so until you escalate and waste time, you don't get the question/issue resolved until you wind up back with some cust. service agent in America. 2. lacks automation. There are so many software companies popping up that automate sales and purchasing tasks, eclipse relies on Q's and user interactions instead of rules. 3. Not flexible in they SOP's you have to conform or your doing it wrong. 4. any mod is 10k plus - (if they even have time to quote you -) 5. you can't get much outside help for it - not too many people know universe databases or PIC programming language. 6. I could go on but I won't, is not a good look for a business. 7. very expensive.

Kevin F.
Director of Finance in Kanada
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Robust system with flexibility

Eclipse provides a very detailed project costing system that provides great analysis from the field to the office. They have improved the financial reporting and drill down functionality significantly from previous Explorer software packages. It allows for equipment utilization reports, job cost reporting and other functions. Eclipse has many modules to choose from and allows you to purchase what you need and add more later.

Eclipse is somewhat complex in the setup and I would ensure that your company has someone with a background in system implementations to ensure the product is setup the way you desire. Depending on your location they do not necessarily have local support to help with the implementation and the costs to cover travel are pretty high.

Kunal V.
Alumni Coordinator in Indien

Good Solution to Enterprise Product Development

I have been using eclipse for a while for J2SE Development using Java Entity Beans and I found out the following pros Of Eclipse. 1.) It is very easy to use and is very less resource hungry as compared to other Development IDE's 2.) It supports Development languages such as C++,Java,JavaScript. 3.) It can be use by both novice and professionals to develop the rich applications. 4.) It comes with various themes and also has feature of auto completion in the Coding Editor. 5.) Window Builder Library of Eclipse seems to be very useful for developing good Desktop applications.

Since it is an Open Source Project, It is updated frequently which is very annoying at least for me, because of high Internet Usage. It has less Customer Support as Compared to Other Development IDE's.

Senior Software Engineer in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Decent IDE. Good SVN/MVN integration

Solid SVN/MVN integration. As a new developer, it helps me zero in on where my mistakes are. Would recommend it to less experienced developers. Strong community support helps with the learning curve.

Intellisense can be glitchy at times. Not the IDE of choice for Android developers. Takes a while to get the hang of managing numerous plugins and extensions.

Djordje B.
Djordje B.
Junior developer in Serbien

Great for java programmers.

I have been introduced to this software in college on my java classes and have been using it ever since. Everyone likes it.

While it is great it can be a little bit confusing when you start using it.

Software Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Eclipse - Must use

Kommentare: Overall experience is solid so everyone must try

The overall IDE is very good over others so highly recommend it

Sometimes it crashes in the middle leaving the user helpless

Sarah E.
Sarah E.
Office Administrator in USA

Not as Intuitive as I'd Like

Kommentare: My overall experience with Eclipse has been mediocre. Once I learned to use the system in all of the areas needed for my workplace, it became much easier to navigate and understand. Learning the system was somewhat of a challenge for me, as I was new to the construction field and I had to use step by step instructions repeatedly until it became second nature. So, the issue is not with the software itself, it is a combination of my lack of knowledge of the field and being a new employee with the company. Once I learned all the steps and used it regularly, it became much easier to use as expected.

I like the amount of information you can view; how you can add and remove columns to include the data that you need and remove the data you do not need.

I dislike that the software does not seem to be very intuitive. In order for me to learn to use the software, I had to use step by step instructions, as many of the features and fields were not obvious as to what they are used for and what they can do. I also dislike that there are many visible fields in data entry areas that were to be left blank and I would have liked to see those fields completely removed to eliminate confusion when first learning to use the system.

Pedro Q.
Developer in Portugal
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Explorer Eclipse Review

3 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Hit or miss. Somethings are great, others not so much

The cloud feature, being acessible from everywhere with a browser.

Support, training, everything related to the company. Being a complex software, this is crucial

Sean M.
Senior Project Manager in

Explorer Eclipse User Review

Kommentare: Our company migrated from a legacy product to Eclipse. We are a heavy highway contractor with multiple asphalt plants and quarry/crushing operations. This process, as with any large change, came with its own set of problems. We had AP, AR and a large Materials Handling division to bring online. Eclipse staff lead us through this with minimal pain. We needed several modifications to just about every module to suit our specific needs and Eclipse stepped up and helped us get everything we needed.

Eclipse has a pretty solid web based platform that allows for significant user oriented customization. Their business analytics/custom inquiries are top notch. Users have an array of tools at their disposal for data retrieval and reports. Eclipse has an implementation and support staff that has no rivals. They will work with you until its right! Need a modification? Well Eclipse can take care of those as well, large or small. The needs of the customer are a high priority with the staff. Data entry in any module of the software is easy and very intuitive.

Setup can be a brute, but with that being said, the implementation team/support staff will guide you through the process. The menu tree is a little overwhelming at first. But again, with easy menu customization that problem is solved.

Rohit A.
Lead Product Engineer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Eclipse- One IDE which i used for Coding since 4+ years

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I have been using this tool/IDE for my development stuff of automating test cases since more than 5 years
I have seen lot many features and updated versions which help development task very smoothly also it support various types of projects .

One of the best IDE used across various Software Engineer and I am used to it as it has various good features The User interface is good enough to code in a style . Warnings and errors populated are very helpful while debugging the code . Has support to integrate using different plugin

For a beginner installation of eclipse and importing project with appropriate libraries inserting into code and various other sometime becomes a tedious ,rest its nice tool

anaylist developer in Kolumbien

Eclipse Review

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: my work is mainly with JAVA, so eclipse has helped me to easily deal with the daily development of my coding activities since it is based precisely on Java

I like eclipse as ide because it easily shows the errors and possible solutions to the most common ones, as well as easy to implement testing tools

There are times when Eclipse is not able to correctly describe errors to different from other IDEs.

Student in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig

Eclipse - All in one IDE

5 letztes Jahr

Eclipse is easy-to-use IDE for different programming languages. I mostly use it for JAVA and integration of project to Git is very easy using Eclipse. Also, version control and CI and CD are very easy to do using Eclipse.

Long time to clone when multiple users are cloning at the same time.

Aaron S.
IT Project Lead in USA
Bau, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Eclipse Review

Kommentare: Explorer is a great company. I've met several people from this company and they are all very nice, knowledgeable and eager to help. Eclipse is a good program for Construction, however, it is still lacking in some areas. One of these areas is in the mobile realm. They need apps for iPhones and iPads. They are working on these I'm told, but I believe we should already have them. Technology moves fast, our employees move fast, we need their technology able to move with them.

The software is easy to use and easy to deploy.

No apps for iPhones and iPads.

Darren V.
Senior Consultant in Kanada
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Explorer - Professional Services

Kommentare: For more than 15 years in my previous position as director of information services for a large multinational construction group, I led our team that was responsible for implementing and maintaining 'Explorer'. The product has always been fundamentally very good, with plenty of functionality that is for the most part very intuitive. I have given many recommendations over the years on behalf of the software. For a small construction company, there is more functionality and timely support than you'll ever need. For medium to large sized companies, I believe you need to invest more into the product than the relatively low-cost initially paid for the software to get the most out of your initial investment and to optimize your efficiency with the software. Explorer is like most ERP's where the software gets more complicated the more that users demand additional functionality. There are also a multitude of hidden features and functionality intended for various scenarios and customizations are relatively easy and commonplace unlike other large ERP providers. Every construction company has its own environment and unique needs requiring professional services to make the software fit your requirements. You need experts to make the product fit seamlessly into your operation and have your staff focus on their jobs rather than focus on the software. Contact me to for more information about my vast experience with the software and how professional services can make Explorer the ERP solution you always hoped for.

Consultant QA - Test Automation in Sri Lanka

I'm using this tool for more than one year to write automated test script in my organization.

It supports 3rd party tools and we can integrate the things. And also i can create the maven projects with the dependency management which more easy when create test automation frameworks.

Some times there are compatibility issues such as jar files due to various kind of releases available in the market.

David U.
IT Manager in
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

We've been with Explorer since 2007. All that time we've been confident we made the right decision.

Kommentare: Customer support is one of the strengths of the company.

We are a multifaceted company, Explorer\Eclipse fits us well and eliminates the need for stand alone software.

Understandably, custom work can take some time. We don't always have the time needed for the custom work to be delivered, so we get bogged down with work-arounds.

Edward O.
Vice President in
Bau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Eclipse Software

Kommentare: In general has all the tools we need to manage our business.

Flexibility to build my own reports. Easy to manage project costs, budgets and profitability. Up to date data.

Working with multiple states on reciprocity issues. In particular unemployment across multiple states can be challenging.

Graduate Teaching Assistant in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Best IDE for coding Java

Ctrl+Space for suggestions and all shortcuts that make the life of a Java developer easy

Nothing in particular. A guide for the shortcuts would be handy.

Cynthia G.
Student Verifier in USA
Hochschulbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great IDE for Java code

I find Eclipse very easy to use and like all the functionality it has. I recently updated to Eclipse Oxygen, and have had the same positive experience. I enjoy being able to create JUnit tests and check my code coverage through Eclipse (I don’t believe I had to download anything), as it was already integrated. It’s fast, the pop up boxes help you code faster, the pointers on debugging are great, and it has many uses, but most importantly it fits my need of creating and testing java files perfectly.

For new users, Eclipse installation may be confusing and daunting. It has many packages and plugins you can choose to get. I found it difficult to instruct a person in high school on how to get it up and running as well as start to code. Most people without the technical knowledge will need to take their time to get to know the environment.

Lead Engineer in Indien

Karen R.
Director of Finance in Kanada

OK product - Below standard support and training

3 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Frustrating. Time consuming.

Inquiries are helpful to find the information you need quickly

Support takes weeks to reply and months to work through issues, regardless of this impacting a critical task Training is hit or miss and they set up the training before they do their updates (be it adding a module etc) then they are not ready on the day of training and you wait again! Company has been bought and sold so many times their leadership has clearly suffered. They have no clear direction. They have terrible management. We are doing everything in our power to cut ties with program and just use it as a shell accounting software where we import our details from other programs, or get rid of it all together.

Jane D.
Controller in
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

many system issues with no support

Kommentare: This accounting system could be good if they had support that actually supported you and fixed and solved issues as they came up instead of ignoring you hoping you will forget about the problem or find a work around the problem. I have never in my 25+ years of working in accounting have I worked with a system with so many issues and problems.

has many features that are good for job costing.

there are system glitches and errors on a regular basis with little to no support. I have one work order that has been outstanding for almost 6 months and they haven't even set a time frame of when they can even start working on it.

Grant K.
Kanada
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Great construction software!

Kommentare: Our underground utility construction company has used Explore Eclipse for more than 12 years. It has served us very well. It is as important to our company as any other piece of construction equipment, something we can't do without. We have continually upgraded to the latest version of the software, always keen to incorporate the latest capabilities and functionality. Although there have been hiccups along the way we are always able to gain access to quick support. A couple of issues have taken longer to correct but they are usually related to needed programming changes. The software has many features and is constantly evolving to incorporate the latest needs in our industry. Training is always available and yearly conferences help to learn the software's intricacies and latest capabilities. I feel that the Explorer is progressive and is a strong company in the construction software industry. All-in-all I think Explorer Eclipse would make a great addition to any company. It has great job costing and accounting capabilities.