4,2 /5

Über VerticalResponse

Mit VerticalResponse kannst du professionell aussehende E-Mails schnell und kostengünstig erstellen, senden und verfolgen.

Erfahre mehr über VerticalResponse

Gregg B.
Executive Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.3.2019

"Great looking e-newsletters!"

Kommentare: There are a lot of email campaign tools out there and VerticalResponse is one of the best I've encountered for managing and scheduling e-newsletter distribution at a reasonable cost.

Vorteile: With VerticalResponse I was able to go from a spreadsheet of member names and email addresses to send my first e-newsletter in less than an hour. Easy to use templates guide content creation and offers flexible scheduling options that include social media posting. List management lets subscribers opt in and out without manual intervention and includes tools to build landing pages and links for subscription. Simple reporting is included in the free system and shows delivery/open rates. Advanced reporting allows a deeper dive into the analytics of your mail campaigns.

Nachteile: I sometimes wish the content blocks used to build the e-newsletter were a little more configurable - such as allowing more free movement of images and better font management - but the system makes clean looking e-newsletter that are actually opened and read!

• Bewertet am 1.3.2019
Chief Engagement Officer
  • Bewertet am 10.2.2019

"Easy To Use"

Kommentare: My overall experience has been great. Outside of a few emails being blocked. But, that means the system was being protective and allowed us an opportunity to do additional cleaning of our lists.

Vorteile: What I like most about Vertical Response is that it's really easy to use. Once my contacts were imported, we were up and running. They offer many templates that can be used for various types of emails and eblasts. The entire process is simple and you can easily track how your emails are performing. They offer a lot of value for the price.

Nachteile: What I like least about Vertical Response is that the platform is limited. It's great for a startup business, but when your needs start to get more complex as your list grows, there's not much room for growth with appropriate features to match. Additionally, the features to allow new subscribers to your lists from outside sources were a challenge and didn't always work.

• Bewertet am 10.2.2019
Hiro T.
Restaurants, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Quelle: SoftwareAdvice
  • Bewertet am 9.10.2020

"Using the free one"

Vorteile: For beginner, it is easy to use. Fast and has plenty templates that you can use.
It has few integrations with free CMS. API is great.
Free with limited user. Few email providers will block their email blast.

Nachteile: The limited user are so little.
The integration needs improvement. Lack of automatization and reports. No apps for the phones, so you must do it in your computer.
Support is not helpful and less attentive, maybe because I am using free edition.

• Quelle: SoftwareAdvice
  • Bewertet am 9.10.2020
Ben M.
Operations Manager
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.3.2020

"Longtime user, might not be the best option anymore"

Kommentare: On the whole it does what I need it to, but I always contemplate searching out something cooler.

Vorteile: For the money, it gets the job done. We use VR to send out corporate newsletters and special offers a half dozen times a year.

Nachteile: I think the interface is lacking and really hasn’t been vastly improved since 2008 when I started using it. Basically, I’ve built my own HTML templates outside of VR and I just change copy and pictures as I need to and avoid using VRs WYSIWYG editor. Their editor and stock templates really aren’t very good.

• Bewertet am 18.3.2020
Sharon R.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.10.2020

"Vertical Response Software"

Kommentare: My overall experience with Vertical Response has been positive. I will continue to use them in the upcoming years.

Vorteile: I enjoy the newest feature of about 4 years that allows the email to be responsive. This feature allows my gym members to access the newsletter from their cell phone or tablet. I also enjoy the pre-made templates that are easy to for me to plug into and allows me to upload photos and websites.

Nachteile: A lot of my emails end up going to the gym members spam. I have to pay per email and this is unnecessary waste of money for me. There should be an easy way to upload my emails to vertical response as a file instead of entering each new member.

• Bewertet am 8.10.2020
Manager Business Systems
Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 23.7.2020

"Vertical Response - Free, but you get what you pay for."

Kommentare: We use Vertical Response to communicate with groups of members of our non-profit organization, and to survey them on various questions relating to our mission. Without Vertical Response it would be much more cumbersome to conduct surveys as we'd have to use a combination of software (Survey Monkey, Excel, etc.) and we wouldn't have the option to automatically follow up to nonresponders.

Vorteile: Vertical Response allows us to easily email and survey our membership groups. I like the variety of survey types, and the automatic follow-up emails to non-responders.

Nachteile: The email editing is relatively simple, but can be confusing in its simplicity because things you might expect to be in the editing menu aren't necessarily where you'd expect. For example, you want to add a hyperlink to a website - in most software you could either just paste the URL, or right click on a word or phrase and add the hyperlink to it - but in VerticalResponse a pasted URL is emailed out as unclickable text. You have to add a button to add a hyperlink. Also for some reason the default font color for emails is a medium gray instead of black, so every email I have to select and change the font color.

• Bewertet am 23.7.2020
Michelle M.
Marketing Automation Manager
501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.3.2018

"Gets the job done"

Kommentare: Ease of use

Vorteile: This tool was very easy to use when we were starting out our email journey. The list upload process and email creation was simple. The software also allowed us to track performance, which contributed to other email tactics to test. It was also relatively inexpensive.

Nachteile: At no fault of the product, our needs grew out of the tool, so we upgraded to a marketing automation platform.

• Bewertet am 5.3.2018
Certified Personal Trainer
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 23.4.2019

"Great way to communicate with a large amount of people"

Kommentare: I am able to communicate different types of information to many people in a minute or less!

Vorteile: Vertical Response has great customization features to be able to group users to send various types of communication. It is an inexpensive (free for most) way to communicate with a large amount of people.

Nachteile: I have not had any issues with it so far.

• Bewertet am 23.4.2019
Marketing Associate - Digital and Technical Marketing
51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.7.2018

"Easy to use and stable platform"

Vorteile: It's easy to build and get an email out of the door. The customer service has been pleasant to deal with when help is needed.

Nachteile: There really aren't any cons. It does what it advertises. However, when you need something more robust like automation, you will need to upgrade to a different email platform.

• Bewertet am 24.7.2018
Jackie D.
Director of "Bark"eting
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.7.2020

"Vertical Response"

Kommentare: Our experience has been good. There is an ability to send out large audience emails for free- at least once a month- the free program offers more mailings than the Mailchimp that we use for our daily messages. We save vertical response to mail out to over 3000 donors.

Vorteile: There are several templates for you to pick an exiting design and personalize it.

Nachteile: You can't attach a file- you have to put it within the template and I prefer doing newsletters outside of the platform and attaching as a PDF
I would like them to add more templates for animal rescue

• Bewertet am 21.7.2020
David F.
Managing Partner
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.7.2017

"Easy to use, great intro price and hard to integrate in a fast manner to lead pages."

Kommentare: Personally I did not receive any benefit but that's not to say that there's not a place for it in the marketplace. For a small business or maybe a small church or small nonprofit doesn't need integrative approaches which I think everybody should but if they don't use them then this would be a wonderful email client for that sort of consumer.

Vorteile: They offer a great free option and their layouts are attractive and really easy to use. I had used them in the past and a decade later I return to using the product however although I enjoyed the templates the relationship was short-lived.

Nachteile: With one click integrations and the open API there are solutions out there that are much more effective at an integrated approach. I mainly use word press and I have found some great integrations out there but VerticalResponse is not one of them. Further they do not give you a lot of functionality and placement of the web form that collects data and then automates the email chain. Maybe I was missing work to do so, but it was frustrating that the web form only was in one vertical type of a set up and aesthetically it did fit the area on the website that it was dedicated to be placed. So for that reason alone I just continued use and return to a more familiar email client.

• Bewertet am 16.7.2017
Chris S.
Pastor
  • Bewertet am 1.2.2019

"A Diamond in the rough!"

Kommentare: I love Vertical Response. It makes it easy to time, share, send marketing campaigns across digital platforms and does so at an incredible price. (With a great incentive for non-profits!)

Vorteile: I love this software as it gives me the ability to send high-quality HTML e-mails to our groups. The design tools are nice and easy to use. It makes our marketing campaigns look great for a great price.

Nachteile: If you do not know about CSV documents it can be hard to upload lists and files to the server. A quick tutorial eases this problem.

• Bewertet am 1.2.2019
Lindsay K.
Children's Ministry Assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.12.2016

"Emails look good, but people don't see them."

Kommentare: Creating an email and sending it is super easy! The challenge is that our recipients, who have asked to receive the emails, have to search through their junk or clutter or trash email folders to find the emails. It is really hard to receive emails from Vertical response. When I first started receiving emails from our organization, I had to search for the email and move the email from junk to important multiple times. As an organization, we have actually stopped using vertical response, because it is not a good way to communicate with our recipients. It would be great if they could receive the emails and not have to search for them.

Vorteile: Super easy to use! Great templates help you create fabulous looking emails.

Nachteile: Our recipients don't get the emails. We have checked to ensure info is correct. If they can find the email in their junk folder, they will interact with the email, click on links, but still the next an email comes it will still go to their spam or clutter folder.

• Bewertet am 21.12.2016
Lakesha B.
Ceo
  • Bewertet am 18.4.2018

"Good"

Vorteile: I have had this software for over a year and it was really easy to use for the most part it was really organized..they have been around for a long time so i was impressed with their track record.

Nachteile: I had some user errors on my end but as far as the software i dont have any complaints that i can think of.

• Bewertet am 18.4.2018
Associate Community Manager
Immobilien, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.4.2019

"Lags behind more modern competitors"

Kommentare: VerticalResponse is probably a reasonable tool for smaller businesses and organizations with slim marketing budgets and little need to mass communicate. For larger organizations with greater communications needs and higher customer expectations, this is probably not the optimal platform.

Vorteile: VerticalResponse was fairly early on the email marketing scene, so it's got a modest suite of features that have a proven track record. From a cost perspective, VerticalResponse is a pretty efficient method of communicating with customers

Nachteile: The flip side of VerticalResponse's early arrival on the email marketing scene is this: it simply hasn't adapted at the same rate as competitors and its overall usability has suffered as a result. Ranked against ConstantContact and MailChimp, VerticalResponse would come in third in user interface, third of visual appeal, and third in automation capability.

• Bewertet am 3.4.2019
Claudette S.
Offie Manager
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.5.2018

"love using Vertical Response for my email marketing because it's very user-friendly"

Kommentare: Convenient and easy to use. Has really helped our business gro

Vorteile: Easy to use and user friendly, had no problems learning this software quickly and proficiently. Just wish our office had discoveryed this sooner

Nachteile: There isn't anything so far that I dislike about this software. Easy to use, use friendly. Only wish we had found it sooner!

• Bewertet am 31.5.2018
Diane B.
Marketing Consultant
Darstellende Künste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.9.2019

"Limited customization, freezes up often"

Vorteile: I like the way the end product (email) appears. They look neat and clean and are easy to read.

Nachteile: The work that it takes to achieve the end result seems excessive. You click and drag a block into place then you have to go to the trouble of deleting what is already there in order to add your image or text. Finding the correct block for each aspect sometimes takes trial and error. It would be so nice if an image block could just be reduced or enlarged right there on the screen. When I choose my font, size, color, sometimes VR doesn't "remember" what I was using so I have to re-apply those things multiple times in each email as I proceed. VR also freezes up for me very (too) often. That may be my computer. However, when it does freeze up, even if I have saved my work just before, sometimes that work is gone when I reopen VR. This is the first email program I've used and it was in place when I began in my current position. Everytime I have to produce an email, I keep thinking, "there has got to be an easier way."

Daniel C.
Pastor
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.9.2019

"Vertical Response gets the word out!"

Kommentare: My former church used VR to email electronic copies of the newsletter to all members for whom we had email addresses, which cut back on our paper usage.

Vorteile: When I did use VR at a former church, I liked the ease of being able to send email blasts to the entire congregation. The software itself is complex and is capable of many functions, but its interface is simple and user-friendly.
In addition, the emails stick out from the regular commercial emails one receives on a day-to-day basis.

Nachteile: What I liked least about this software is that a occasionally, the VR email would end up in members' junk mailboxes--but that is the fault of the email server and not VR.

Aaron J.
manager/sr. designer
  • Bewertet am 29.3.2018

"A reliable email marketing company."

Kommentare: Weekly email marketing. Easy to use and affordable monthly plans.

Vorteile: It is really easy to use. No need to write codes so anyone can use it. You can link your social media accounts as well.

Nachteile: None so far. Weve been using this for more than 6 years now. We now use a monthly plan which makes it convenient and affordable.

• Bewertet am 29.3.2018
Director Of Operations
Chemikalien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.5.2018

"Mass emailing made easy!"

Vorteile: Vertical Response has great design features and templates to help businesses and organizations convey there messages in appealing ways. They help you organize email lists and contacts so that messages can be targeted to maximize impact.

Nachteile: Unfortunately, VR has a slightly higher bounce rate than some of the other softwares out there but it is not the highest. Additionally, it could benefit from an option to organize emails sent into folders.

• Bewertet am 1.5.2018
Sue F.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.8.2019

"Best Newsletter Software"

Vorteile: Everything about Vertical Response is great. They have built-in templates for your newsletter or you can design your own. Very easy to use and you can have multiple mailing lists

Nachteile: You can't always know who has actually read your newsletter.

• Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Hasnain M.
Thoughtleader
  • Bewertet am 7.6.2017

"Value for money for bulk email marketing"

Vorteile: Very easy to use, a light on the pocket way to get started with email marketing. We used it for one of my previous organizations called SCNext to email flyers and updates to our members. Worked like a charm and plus the free version had many features which we rode along for a long time.

Nachteile: Customer support was not the best. Plus the product used to freeze up some times and required us to exit browser and re-load. Bugs in the system need to be ironed out. They may have already done it but my experience with it had some kinks

• Bewertet am 7.6.2017
Marketing Assistant
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.12.2018

"Work Arounds"

Vorteile: It sends emails to who I want them to be sent to. Uploading contacts is easy.

Nachteile: If you've used another email marketing tool, you'll hate Vertical Response. First, you'll probably lose half your opens due to their emails getting stuck in spam folders. Second, in order to make your emails look as good as, a constant contact or mail chimp email, you better have some photoshop skills. I've had to upload entire sections of emails as images, because Vertical Response fights you every step of the way if you want to do any formatting or customization. Third, there's no garuntee your email will show up the way you intended. I've had three different people send me screenshots of three different formats of the same email. Again, if you want to make sure it's the way you want it, draft it up in photoshop and save the whole thing as an image. I hate Vertical Response. It makes my job more difficult and forces me to spend triple the time I normally would to make a decent email. Constant Contact and Mail Chimp are way better.

• Bewertet am 27.12.2018
Kalyn H.
Program Developer
  • Bewertet am 12.12.2016

"Best customer service!"

Kommentare: Vertical response is a great option for small-large nonprofits or organizations who are looking for a mass emailer. The features are great with simple, customizable templates. It is a drag and drop system that allows you to pull text, photos, etc. with ease. You can deliver your message in a clear, creative way!

Vorteile: Easy to use! User-friendly with many options. Also, has a very low spam rate!

Nachteile: Have had a couple of glitches, email images not showing up, difficulty sending while in a foreign country.

• Bewertet am 12.12.2016
Meghan K.
Marketing Digital Assistant
  • Bewertet am 27.6.2017

"Vertical Response provides a convenient and easy way for our company to produce attractive e-blasts."

Vorteile: I really appreciate its straightforward and simplistic user interface. It makes it easy to put eblasts together in a snap.

Nachteile: It can be difficult to manipulate the layout of elements in the eblast. Sometimes I will move one thing and it will distort the entire layout.

• Bewertet am 27.6.2017