Filtern nach:

Über Ahsay Offsite Backup Server

Die Suite ist eine vielseitige Back-up-Lösung für Managed-Services-Anbieter, um Managed-Backup-Services und wiederkehrende Einnahmen zu bieten.

Erfahre mehr über Ahsay Offsite Backup Server

William F.
William F.
Chief Operating Officer in USA

Very reliable backup solution

Kommentare: We have used Ahsay since 2003. Their product continues to get better with each new version. We are very happy with the functionality.

This covers all necessary backup points in most networks. You can perform backup jobs to your whim. Even keep files backed up in near real-time with the synchronization features. Beyond that, there are agents for Exchange, Databases, etc.

The per-agent costs is extremely high. It compares to industry standards, but for some reason the software developers feel there is more money in the retail side of operations that is really there. The reality is that companies like Backblaze are eating up the market share because their monthly fees are too low to compete with based on this model.

Eddie S.
Partner in USA
Computer-Vernetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Ahsay Backup

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: After getting the software installed, it does not require much maintenance. The backups will fail intermittently for random reasons that are hard to identify with the reports and logs. The biggest frustration is how inflexible the company is with being able to change your licensing after the purchase. I initially purchased a bunch of workstation backup licenses with my order and then found that most of our clients go with server backups and dont need individual workstation backups running. So I wanted to remove the ACB workstation licenses from future maintenance renewals. Nope, I have to pay for maintenance on those or lose all of my maintenance. You can add more to your license, but you cannot downgrade or upgrade the workstation licenses to server licenses. Ahsay won't let you do it. So in order to keep getting future updates, they wanted me to keep paying maintenance on licenses I have never and will never use.

The back and restore process works most of the time.

The customer service staff is very inflexible on licensing changes after the purchase. If you buy too many licenses that you are not using, they will not allow you to remove them from your maintenance for subsequent years. You have to continue paying maintenance on licenses you will never use or the option is to not pay that maintenance and never get any future upgrades. Backup client doesn't always give much information on why a backup fails.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for your comment. Regarding your maintenance, can you email me the details of your unwanted license on maintenance? I'll then see what we can do for you.

CTO in Kanada

Good software, bad QA

3 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: It's a good software, popular in the online backup market, but with many issues. If I had another solution with less issues and as many options, I would probably switch - in the meantime I keep using it, doing workarounds for things that are not working properly, and hope that the next update doesn't break something else...

Ahsay is very light and fairly easy to use. It has multiple modules to support the different types of backup.

There are a few major irritants: the restore time is extremely long, so if you have a few terabytes, expect it to take days. When they bring out a new version, it happens often that they break something that was working before. We were never able to make the VM images and Office365 modules work properly, so we had to use another solution for those. Pricing wise, they have become less competitive since they started charging per server and module instead of per account. The fact that they charge for replication, which should be standard, convinced us to use our storage system to replicate directly instead of purchasing the module through Ahsay. Finally, as an MSP, their reporting is very bad, so we had to use a third party that connects to Ahsay to generate daily report logs.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for your comment. We'll be working on enhancing the reporting in the future releases. For your VM and O365 backup, can you email your problems to us? Our Support Team should be able to help you out.

Raymond J.
Raymond J.
Systeembeheerder in Niederlande

Good backup software, unreliable company

Installing and configuring is fine, as is the use of the backup sofware. Overal it works fine.

The company is unreliable. We did have a maintenance contract, but when a new version came out (7), we did have to pay again to be able to use it. The investment was even higher then when we became a customer.

Adriano V.
ceo in Brasilien
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Monst reliable software with technical support for any online backup needs

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Our users are very happy with the software friendly interface. Resellers are satisfied with brandings options and we like the possibility of multi-destination to backups, replication options and the features of latest version 8. Which combines: all experience of version 6, plus stability of v7 with the unique new features like Office 365 backup, 2-factor authentication login, B2 and Wasabi support

Recoverability, Data Compression Ratio and People (Technical Support).

Backup server side could be less passive. It could have options like: stop running specific backups jobs and disconnect clients.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for your nice comments

Innovation Manager in Italien

Reliable online backup but unreliable commercial support

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: The suite is a very good product and satisfied our company as msp and our customers for 7 years

The software is reliable and full of options. Was our choice after TSM. Server side wasn't amazing and technical support average. New version looks like they improved server side but upgrade cost was huge so we still use the old V6

A proper sales policy, and and maybe a little effort to be nice with overseas customer also if they are small.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for the comment. Regarding the huge upgrade cost, can you email me your info so that we can make some good offer to you?

Paul W.
Operations Director in UK

Honest Opinion from long time partner

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I have been using this software for around 15 years. I have used this and brought this every company I have worked at and now that I own my own business, it was a perfect fit. The software is an easy sell to new clients and onboarding is great too. The only negative is pricing can work out expensive and the pricing modules is a bit all over the place. the support really needs to be UK based for its customers for them to have any effect. Waiting at certain times of day for help and not being able to speak to people is actually a big put off.

The deployment / branding and quality of the product speak for itself. The varied types of backup you can perform and ease of which you can restore is quicker than other backup software I have used.

the support time difference lets this product down. A support team in the UK would make the software experience 100% better and make me push this to my clients with more confidence.

letztes Jahr

Hi Paul, thanks for your comment. We will continuously improve our product and support to meet your need. Currently, we have extended our support team to Philippines with our subsidiary there to extend our service hours. Will definitely put more effort on it in the near future.

Bart W.
Partner in USA
Computer-Hardware, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Good but needs bdr

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Good. I havent left because it is easy. But I have had to switch some clients to other products because if their wants for a bdr. Bdr is becoming popular and ahsay doesnt do it

Java based and easy to understand from a technical point of view.

Licensing is complicated and seems to duplicate when wanting redundancy. Also dont have a bdr option for backup virtualization.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for your comment. Regarding the licensing on replication (redundancy), the replication module's pricing is only additional 8.6% on the client software. So, it's not duplicated. In case you need any further clarification on it, please feel free to contact me. Regards :-)

Stephane K.
DOP in USA

Ahsay Review

3 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Support is inexistent due to the fact that you operate out of Hong Kong and have no support in US hours.

Easy to use. You have a good choice of agents and modules

Licensing is complicated. Technical support is inexistent.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for your comment. Glad to know you like the easiness of the software, and the wide range of modules that we are offering. Regarding our US support service, now we have set up a new support office in Philippines which covers 18 hours already, with a leave 4-5 hours of support to US region. Can you let me know in details on your poor experience, and then I'll discuss with our team how we can improve in the future. Thanks!

John D.
CEO in USA

Ahsay ACB and OBM

3 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We have been using this company's sw since 2005. Earlier versions were simpler and easier to get the
installed and clients oriented to it. We don't like the current version. The company has by and large been
pretty good about support except being 16 hours or so difference which on occasion has made things difficult.

It usually works pretty well.

It's extremely complicated. Installation is sometimes tricky and the sw is picky about OS settings. The company is located in Hong Kong and my concerns re the PRC coming in and taking over HK are going to force me to find another vendor. Originally we had customized it with our logos etc. Now it is too complicated.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for your comment. Glad to know you like our support service. There's no issue on PRC to the business so far, and we can have same operation as usual. Therefore, you don't have to worry about that.

Mike H.
CIO in Kanada
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Backup Suite - Highly Recommended!

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: This suite has been a critical component of our data stability and management protocols; we have relied on data restorations via Ahsay on a few occasions and it has always been reliable and quick to return the data to a usable state.

The ability to target backup data to a multitude of local and cloud data storage services was a key feature we were looking for, and Ahsay's ability to transport data directly (instead of pushing it through the management server first) greatly speeds up backup and restore operations. The availability of clients for every OS, application platform (MSSQL, MySQL) and cloud service we use (O365, OneDrive) make this a well-rounded system that meets all of our needs now and into the foreseeable future.

Initially the speed for backing up large volumes of O365 data, particularly 20gb+ sized online mailboxes was too slow to be stable and usable. However in the last year or so the updates to this functionality have greatly improved this and no further troubles exist for us here. The only other concern we have is with the reporting options; the reports in general are great but with the volume of servers and end users a consolidated backup report indicating last successful backup, amount of data backed up and total data retention size would be very helpful

letztes Jahr

Hi Mike, thanks for your comment. Better reporting is in our enhancement list, and will be releasing in future version.

Ørjan A.
Ceo in Norwegen

Easy to use

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Perfect software made by an awesome group of People.

Easy to use, always UP to date. Realy good support

Office365 is backup to slow. Using a lot of cpu/memory

letztes Jahr

Hi ?rjan, thanks for your comment. Regarding the slow Office 365 backup, may I know if this is still the case for the latest v8.3.6?

Niklas F.
Technician in Österreich

Review

Kommentare: Very Good!

The very fast Support, and the easy to use software, install it nad use it. No complicated setup. Upgrade of the Server is very simple and then the Clients will update automaticly! So you really have a al in one backup solution for Office 365, Windows Server, Data Backup or MySQL and so on!

A small! disatvantage is that the company ahsay is not in our timezone, but this is a pretty small problem!

letztes Jahr

Thanks for your comment. Glad to know you like our fast support, easiness to use, and the all in one backup for O365, Windows Server, file and MySQL. We have expanded our support team to Philippines to have more coverage on different timezone.

Ben B.

P's and C's of Ahsay

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: GREAT---right up to the end.

Love (ed) this product. Affordable solution for MSPs. Allowed me to manage it. Not priced by storage like the other rip-offs.

I loved it right up to the point they changed the licensing. I requested a quote for the update/upgrade. I was sent a spreadsheet to "figure out" what licenses I would need for the upgrade. That is what salespeople are for. I was looking for a quote that said --- pay this much -- get this --- this will be the new version of your software. As a result, we are moving to a new product in the near future. The only issue I have ever had with Ahsay was communications. There is a certain amount lost in translation.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for the comment. Regarding the communication, sorry about your bad experience. We'll try our best to make it smoother in the future.

Hans V.
Technical Consultant in Niederlande
Computer-Vernetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Good product for a fair price

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: When you know what you are doing it works flawless.

Simplicity with its separate modules. It does what it has to do. Simple configuration and installation.

Java engine with its strange error descriptions. Nu UPD support.

Thanks for your comment, and those 5 stars. Cheers~

Han P.
CT in Niederlande

Reliable and easy to use

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Safed my clients a couple of times

End to end encryption and data in our own datacenter

Has a learning curve to set it al up, on your site and the clients site

letztes Jahr

Hi Han, thanks for your comment. Great to know our product has helped save your clients for many times :-D

Jean-francois D.
owner in Kanada

great software

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: we've saved a lot of business with this.

Great features in overall. i like the dashboard.

baremetal backup not there. we can't do a baremetal backup and restore like acronis or Datto.

Harald K.
COE in Österreich

my review

Kommentare: filebackups

multi tenancy branding options which is easy to use

i don´t have the full trust in the software, more easiness for backup after starts, full imagebackup for the whole windows maching

Cyril D.
CEO in Gibraltar

Ahsay CBS

That you can deploy on mutiple platforms Windows- MacOS

Interface of v8 cumbersome - multiple OK button to press

letztes Jahr

Hi Cyril, thanks for your valuable comment. Hope to fix those cumbersome issue in future releases.

Gareth L.
Backup Admin in Irland

Review

Kommentare: Good

Very good backup software, very easy to use

very unreliable in some cases, missed backups nighty, random error that fix themselves the next night

Hi Gareth, thanks for your comments :-D

Uttam H.
Director in Indien

Data is the new Oil

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Backend is great, good reporting structure

Ease of use All features inclusive Bank Grade Encryption Encryption at Source Retention Policies etc

Unlike V6 where we could use OBM with multiple backup sets for many devices, with V8 it is per device billing makes it very hard to sell. When white labelled the name Ahsay appears in error reports this actually revels the name of Ahsay to our competitors and our white labelling value is lost

letztes Jahr

Thanks for your comment. Glad to know you like our easiness to use, features, encryption and retention. Regarding your concern in whitelabelling, does the problem still exist? If yes, please let me know, and I can put you thru our Support Team to further help you resolve it.

Craig F.
President in USA
Telekommunikation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Ahsay Backup Service

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: My experience has been positive. Although creating a custom client is somewhat challenging.

The software is easy to setup and start backing up "right out of the box". The installation process is complete and gives you a working environment when done.

I wish there was further information on the optimal setup. While we have it up and functional, I'm sure that there are settings that if optimized, would increase performance.

letztes Jahr

Hi Craig, thanks for your comments. Regarding optimal setup, have you tried contacting our Support Team on it? I'm sure they will be able to assist you on this.

Massimo L.
Engineering in Italien
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Change your interface!!!! Please, please and please...

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Good until it work. If something fail, we prefer to begin from scratch instead investigate in a sea of disorganized information presented in the worst way via admin interface.

The best product if you ignore (letterally: ignore) the interface (admin and client).

User interface. All aspect of admin and guest interface. Unusable, hard to manage, unfriendly. After years of usage, most of the time, we give up investigating and get lost in useless information and necessary but impossible to find information

letztes Jahr

Thanks for your review and continuous support. Regarding our UI, your opinions have been reflected to our development for future improvement.

Vicente D.
Technical Director in Brasilien

Why i use this cloud backup solution?

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I like this backup solution because is a alternative for Backup Exec, ArcServer and others solutions.
How to i am a partner and use in my clients, this is solution i can have totaly control and customize.

Easy to use. Enables multiple backup destinations. Meets all server backup needs. Have many agents.

Have bugs and need more atention ofr errors that happen, and you need fix de problems. Many times frozen the routines.

letztes Jahr

Hi Vicente, thanks for your review. Regarding the problems you encountered, please kindly submit ticket to us thru our Partner Portal for our Support Team to help you out. Normally they will be able to solve your problem quickly~ Kind regards :-D

Scott P.
Technical Consultant in UK
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

MSP reselling to support customers

4 letztes Jahr

Whitelabelling Ease of updates Next to no maintenance Great compatibility with cloud storage Easy to migrate between servers

Default option to upload encryption keys is enabled - this is a bit dangerous in that if the CBS is compromised, all data and encryption keys are potentially available, we have to manually disable this on each new user account

letztes Jahr

Hi Scott, thanks for your comment. For the upload encryption key option, the keys uploaded to CBS are encrypted. And you don't have to manually disable this feature for each user, you can just turn it off in Group Policy. Email us if you need help on Group Policy setting.