Great Online Lesson Planning Portal for Educators

Bewertet am 25.1.2019
Sr. brittany H.
Chair of the Theology Department
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Chalk has updated my method of lesson and unit planning, making my work more accessible and flexible.

Vorteile: Chalk makes it easy for me to plan my units and daily lessons, with the ability to shift them forward and backward, schedule days off, and save and reuse units between class years. I find it very helpful that I can open my plans on any smart device. Its moved me away from using paper plans or multiple Word documents to track my plans.

Nachteile: A feature that would be helpful would be the ability bulk export individual plans as group or individual PDFs, aside from that, the potential of this software is so great that as a teacher, I recommend it to my peers and as a department chair, require my teachers to use it for their plans.

Storing, Sharing, and reusing lessons is a breeze.

Bewertet am 21.6.2018
Angela C.
English Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Once I store a lesson here, it is there for future years, can be edited, and reused. Furthermore, as teachers on one team, we can enter our lessons here and share them, so that they are visible and can be used by all. This especially helps if you need to give a teacher access that works with small group pullouts, etc.

Nachteile: Within our district, there were several screens, and we would either forget to save before moving forward, or the information wouldn't take. We never could figure out why. This did make the entry feel cumbersome. Perhaps a one-screen versus tab option would be great, and instant saving every minute or so would be helpful to teachers.

Once set-up, the lesson plans are easy to use!

Bewertet am 16.1.2018
Kim B.
4th grade teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is easy-to-use, and makes lesson-planning much simpler!

Vorteile: I have only used the Lesson Planning software from Chalk.com, and I find it very beneficial and easy to use. The initial set-up took some time, but that is expected, as I entered my class times, quarters, etc. I use it daily, with the plans up on my computer, and the printed off version in my plan book. It is easy to customize and change. You can can easily make units, and upload other lessons and pictures to each plan. It makes lesson planning a lot easier! Next year, as I will be teaching the same grade-level, I should be able to transfer over a lot of lessons. :)

Nachteile: As I said, the initial set-up is time consuming, but the steps are easy-to-follow. Customer Service will aid you when you have difficulties.

Great Lesson Plan Book for Teachers!

Bewertet am 16.8.2019
Jonathan K.
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is a great tool to use as a teacher!

Vorteile: I love this program! I can easily see the weeks plans or even the whole month. I can set up the school year myself!

Nachteile: I would like it to be easier to share with a substitute for when I am out of the classroom.

I love using Chalk.com. I use it to do my planning. It is linked to the Canadian curriculum.

Bewertet am 9.11.2017
Amy V.
Teacher

Vorteile: I love that it is linked to the Ontario Curriculum. I use it to plan and keep track of which expectations I have covered.

Nachteile: I found it hard to get started. This year I am teaching SERR, found it a bit tricky to track the various levels I teach.

Great for lesson planning

Bewertet am 16.6.2018
John C.
Educational/Leadership Consultant

Vorteile: I love the fact that the platform provides for the ability to store, modify, and reuse lessons year to year.

Nachteile: The collaboration piece isnt as intuitive at first as we'd hoped. It took some sitting down as a team to work through it. Now that we have its working well.

Great free supplement for teachers

Bewertet am 28.1.2019
Jasmine A.
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I find myself being more organized and having a better picture of how my lessons work for my students. Since all of my classes are displayed at once, I can see if my lessons conflict with each other or if I'm making a day for myself too busy and I can easily adjust my plans.

Vorteile: I love that I can make a scope and sequence for all 3-5 of my classes and have them lined up in one place everyday. It makes planning and organizing a million times easier.

Nachteile: The only thing I dont like about it is the initial set-up of my classes. Once you figure it out, it is very easy.

Lesson planning made easy

Bewertet am 12.5.2019
Mindy K.
Special Education Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I am a very organized person. Anything that helps me to see what I need to do in an appealing visual way is worthwhile in my book. I like to see things quickly and clearly. Another thing I love about this product is that I can color code my classes. I like to be able to look for a color instead of a title. It makes quick set up between class periods even quicker.

Nachteile: There really isn't anything I dislike about this software. It is easy to use, and I haven't had any trouble with it.

Great for Planning

Bewertet am 1.8.2019
Elementary School Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like that I can put all my lesson plans in one place. It also helps that the standards for ELA are right in the app and I can just pick from a list. It compares great to other paid ones like Planbook.

Nachteile: The one thing this is lacking is 2nd grade Social Studies standards for Florida.

A friendly lesson planner

Bewertet am 30.5.2018
Romelia M.
Directora de la Unidad de Estudios Básicos de la Universidad de Orientr

Kommentare: It has helped me to plan the contents of my classes

Vorteile: An easy to use app, allows me to plan my classes, the interface is very friendly and entertaining. I use It daily

Nachteile: It bored me a bit that the initial set-up took a lot of time, but once that's over it's great and very simple to use

Love this product. It has made my planning much easier

Bewertet am 25.6.2018
Zachary V.
teacher

Kommentare: Makes planning easier

Vorteile: I like that it is linked with the ontario curriculum and keeps track of what expectations have been covered.

Nachteile: setting up classes was a bit tricky.
not all features work on IOS devices
takes some time to learn the program

It is a good software. It permits to make lesson planning.

Bewertet am 25.3.2018
Isabel M.
Docente

Kommentare: It is a good software. It permits to make lesson planning. It is easy to customize and change. You can can easily make units, and upload other lessons and pictures to each plan.

Vorteile: This software permits easily make units, and upload other lessons and pictures to each plan. It makes lesson planning a lot easier. It is easy to customize and change.

Nachteile: This software is difficult to get started because the initial set-up is time consuming, therefore there is be patient.

Chalk makes it easy for me to organize and manage my classroom!

Bewertet am 29.4.2018
Stacy P.
Counselor

Vorteile: I love that I can access it anywhere and plan my lessons, manage my day and make sure my lessons are aligned with that I need to be teaching.

Nachteile: It can have a cost associated, but for individual teachers it is free! It takes a little time to get used to all the features, but it is worth the time!