Über DynaSCAPE

DynaScape ist auf Design-Software und Business-Management-Lösungen für den professionellen Landschaftsbau spezialisiert.

Erfahre mehr über DynaSCAPE

It provides clients the perfect vision for their landscape.

Cannot easily integrate pictures through M360 to generate plant photos automatically.

Bewertungen zu DynaSCAPE

3,9
4,0
4,0

DynaSCAPE hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 206 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du DynaSCAPE bereits verwendet?

Steven
Steven
Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great drafting software for landscapers

Kommentare: This is a great option for creating landscape plans. It fills the niche market where you don't want to by AutoCAD and create everything from scratch, but you need something more than off the shelf garden design software.

I had only dabbled in AutoCAD before using Dynascape and found it very easy to learn. The library is full of great plant symbols and furniture to create a beautiful plan. The training is great, from the book, and dvd, to you tub videos and live. Once you get to a point that you can make custom objects, you're flying. Adding Color makes for an amazing presentation document and way cleaner than coloring by hand. I was so excited when they rolled out the Sketchup plugin and modeling library.

I would love to see quicker roll out of modern and updated outdoor living features and paver/stone products. Our drawings do need to reflect the trends.

Len
Project Coordinator/Senior Designer in Kanada
Design, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great Design & Estimating Software

Kommentare: DynaSCAPE Design and Sketch3D are excellent tools that help us sell large projects because is look professional and helps client visualize our ideas. The estimating system along with Change Orders has made us better at estimating accurately and more profitable as a company.

Hand drawn look and feel of printed designs always look professional via proper line weights and figures. Excellent symbol libraries specific to landscape design. Good integration with SketchUp and a fantastic 3D library. Tied into Manage360 for quick and accurate estimating - a system that allows you to properly recover overhead. A Change Order system that is critical to collecting project extras that often are left on the table.

The interface is dated and somewhat clunky, but it works. Not great for very large projects. Horticopia plant pictures are not great or useful.

andrea
Owner and Designer in USA

Pricey, Incomplete

Kommentare: We did increase the profitability of our company, no doubt. We began using the program 10 years ago, but it seems the program has not kept up with our needs as we grow or with technology as it advances.

The design software is OK. It is only in 2d and then you have to color separately, so it's a waste of time and resources. The symbols are nice, but there are many other software options out there that are better. I felt like we were guinea pigs and helping them work out software when we had the program. There were many issues and after 9 years in the program I switched to Vectorworks (also has some issues but much easier to output 3d renderings). The manage software is very helpful and ensures that we are remembering everything for our jobs and the templates are very nice.

Need to be able to do templates yourself and not wait on the company to do them and pay them a lot of money. The customer support team has treated us like we are idiots for 10 years, which is why I switched on the design software. They do the same thing when we have Manage issues. They will tell you to change your internet browser, and that is always the solution, even though it is not a solution. There have also been a few glitches, but we got those worked out, but you must pay attention. Just because a program automates some processes, if you aren't paying attention, it could get you in trouble if you don't realize a glitch in the system. Thankfully I was able to pinpoint the glitches before we submitted bids to customers. We've look at the new scheduling software - and it seems they are reinventing the wheel on many fronts...there are already so many more intuitive, fully functioning programs, I don't know why anyone would want to use theirs. It has very little customization options and the clock in is antiquated.

Seth

Dynascape Review

Kommentare: Overall Dynascape has been a great tool for me to sell Landscape projects.

I like the plant libraries and export functions for quantifying and bidding. I also like the look of finished color drawing without having to spend hours coloring. I also like the ease of adding shadows in Color to give the 2D plan depth. I also like how the software works with SketchUp.

I wish the software was more customizable for individual users as far as shortcuts and custom libraries for plants and symbols. I know you can create your own symbols and shortcuts but it is a cumbersome and complicated process compared with other design software. I also really wish you were able to add and subtract nodes on lines and polygons and combine and extract shapes more easily. And while the color line fill in mode is great, it only recognizes the correct area to fill in about 10% of the time, making hand tracing of shapes before going to Color necessary, which takes a good amount of time on a large plan. I also do not understand why you can't show dimensions on color plans. It would also be great to fix the building tool so you don't have to worry about what length line you start on so the building will actually close properly. It would also be nice to have more and updated construction details for landscape products in the industry, or be able to import them for construction details instead of having to draw them.

Clare
Design, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Dynascape Review

Kommentare: I have been using Dynascape Design for about 10 years now and have had an overall great experience with it. Our office just integrated Manage 360 this year, so there are always new things to learn but we have a pretty decent handle on it so far. Intend to spend this winter learning how to use more features of the program.

Dynascape Design is easy to use, and integrates well with Manage 360. The takeoff tools are great and allow for quicker estimating. Love the plant picture catalog feature but wish there was more plant info included on the PDFs.

Sometimes Design crashes without warning, but the recover feature is a lifesaver. Just slows down the design process sometimes. Coworkers have mentioned that the timesheets, especially for maintenance services, could be much more streamlined and easier to use.

Landscape Architect in USA
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Long time User

The most impactful features are the great symbols and ease of the layers already set up and ready to be used. The detail that can be incorporated into my plans provides an excellent tool for my clients to understand and see our design intent. I also like the integration of the color as well as the 3D capabilities. Along with the program itself I have been most appreciative of the excellent support and customer service I have received through the many years of use.

Most of the designers in our office use AutoCad and I am integrating Dynascape and trying to get your program as our primary design tool. The biggest limitation I have come across through the years has been the limitations of using more fonts in labeling. I have brought this up a couple of times when I have been utilizing your support and was told this may be looked at in the future. I am new designer in an office where continuity of plans and presentation materials are critical and I have not been able to replicate even close the fonts available in AutoCad to make my plans look like the remainder of the company. I did relay that this would be an item to be looked at in the future. As a very long time user of your design software I would suggest that this is looked at to become high on the priority list. The font limitations have been discussed in each office I have worked in during my use of Dynascape. A second issue I have not been able to correct is new to my new office is the inability to get consistent prints of my plans. I have contacted support and have not been able to resolve the issue. I am thinking this is more on my end but I can go to a peer's computer and get great print outs and mine will not always print the detail in hatchings or patterns incorporated into the plan. Our printer has been checked with no issues to be found and I feel this could be a setting on my individual work station.

Elizabeth
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

User friendly and good landscape features

Kommentare: I've been using dynascape for almost a decade. It's quick and easy. Much more user friendly than cad. I use it on every project and have had great success. I normally use black and white much more than color because I rarely make polylines for all my features. You have to know you're going to color before you start designing, otherwise it's a pain to go over all your lines twice.

I like that you can easily drop in figures - boulders, furniture, t-block accessories, doors/window wells, plants. Good variety of line weights. Good options for paper sizing and scales. Really easy to create a design in minutes. Also moves pretty fast - doesn't trip like other programs.

Please add multiple sheets per file. I don't like turning layers on and off to see the projects and often, the layers on/off feature isn't necessary. What I need is to see my complete design next to my planting plan, irrigation plan, etc. I usually have multiple files that I need to create a single pdf for, but then if there are changes, I have to open multiple documents rather than just one. The clients don't want 5 pdfs, they just want one file. The pdf quality in Color is not nearly as crisp as black and white pdfs. The color designs are always fuzzier. Lastly, the leaders are not clean enough. When I compare them to autocad, they looks messy and are harder to read.

Cysilia

Cysilia's Review

Kommentare: Overall I really like the software - I tried a couple different software's when I decided to switch from hand drawn to a computer program and I ended up on Dynascape. I am really happy with my choice. I am now at my second company with the software and my designs only begin to look better and better.

I love the ease of design. It has a learning curve - getting used to the controls, and the styles in the program - but I really value how easy my revisions are, how professional my designs look with the software, and how all of my designs look similar - same fonts, styles, title blocks.

The learning curve is definitely steep - especially from someone who was trained to hand draw everything, but it was worth while learning. I do NOT enjoy the Dynascape Color. I do not enjoy the overall aesthetic of it, and find it really difficult to ensure that my 2D is *perfect* before I bring it into the color. Layering properly, connecting all lines, all of those things make Dynascape color difficult to me. I have not experimented with it much, I truly prefer the aesthetic of black and white, so lack of experience and trial and error might be why I feel this way.

Kathy
landscape designer in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Good product for landscape designers

Kommentare: Overall, it's a good program for my needs. I'm able to build a landscape design, build 2D details for construction, resize things easily and use it for most of my installation plan needs.

I think dynascape is a fairly easy program to learn. Can be super detailed if necessary. Like the integration into the color program.

3D capabilities are a bit cumbersome compared to other 3D programs I have used. Price tag is a little on the high end as well.

Architektur & Planung, Selbstständig

Dynascape is a great product

Kommentare: I have always had a good experience with Dynascape and have been a customer for 10+ years.

Easy to use, lots of features, produces high quality end products for clients.

It’s a great product but somewhat cost prohibitive for small operations that are only design based, as opposed to design-build, or that operate on a seasonal basis.

Christina
General Manager in USA

M360 is amazing

Kommentare: We recently implemented M360. One we were on board on began to understand it, some parts were truly a game changer. We’ve used the design aspect for years, but estimated via spreadsheet, which allowed for too many errors.

The design to estimate feature is a huge time saver

It’s a little difficult use with an administrator. You couldn’t navigate alone.

Peter
owner in Kanada
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Dynascape since dirt was new

Kommentare: We use it because we have had it since it was first introduced in the 1990's. In recent years there may have been some under the hood improvements but the overall appearance on screen, text capabilities etc are woefully out of date and need to be improved.

Industry specific tools reasonably good output when printed and shared digitally

lack of fonts GUI desperately needs updating more line weights need uploading JPEGs etc is tedious and needs streamlining and resizing capabilities on the drawing without have to always go back to square one to make a change.

Daniel
Design, Selbstständig

One of the best tools you will use!

Kommentare: Being able to quickly see quanities for pavers, edging or plant bed space is so nice! When a revision is necessary being able to quickly make that change and print a new sheet is so nice and I am thankful for having that capability!

Having a design to give to employees and customers let's everyone understand the vision for the project. I've seen people who talk their way through a install and some things drawn out on very rough drafts. Giving a professional presentation sets you apart from competition and will boost your confidence to see the product illustrated out before its implemented.

Time tracking for the designs would be great if you could set it up similar to how the screen saver works. Moving the mouse takes the screensaver off but if you could use some activity to track the time spent on a design that would be great. Then when you get called away and there is no activity the timer stops... Would save me alot of hassle if that was in use. Currently I have to use another app called topaltracker which will track the time and if idle stops the timer. When you get back on a small bell sounds to remind you that the timer is back on. If you could add that it would be great! Second- update the patterns to reflect products from Belgard and Unilock. Update some figures for Breeo firepit, aquascape basin bowls, cars, and people would be great!!! 3rd- if there was someway to implement this into sketchup and be able to make it 3D like U-Vision that would be a game changer!

Jerome
Lead Designer in USA

Great Product for Landscape Design

Kommentare: DynaSCAPE allows us to produce stunning visual designs quickly and efficiently. The software is super user friendly and the large catalog of figures is great. The sales team came out to meet us when I first implemented and were really a great group of people, friendly and very knowledgeable.

DynaSCAPE is a fantastic tool for landscape design. I have used DynaSCAPE for about 10 years now and it is by far the best landscape design software on the market. The support team is quick to respond with any issues, and were great to work with on initial setup. Having a huge library of figures as well as the plant scheduling import/export makes designing and bidding quick as well as produces fantastic looking designs.

For a while in the beginning the PDF export would sometimes not work, but they have since resolved those issues. The consistent updates seem to take care of most bugs that arise.

Bau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I use DynaSCAPE Software everywhere I go.

Kommentare: I have used Manage since its inception, converting from Dynascape Quote. I have used Design and color for over 20 years as an owner/operator of a small design build landscape firm. In 2017 I sold my company, and over the next several years while in school, did some freelance Design and this allowed me to produce some very usable and beautiful designs for some clients outsourcing their design work. In 2019, I started working for Landscape Design build firm that used Design only and have since lead the effort to implement Dynascape Manage into our daily use and is now the primary system for our company to track clients, job flow, sales and job tracking.

I like the integration of Design and Manage, quickly developing proposals, estimates and job tracking directly from the design. Having a manageable database of all our job costs and labor to produce accurate and repeatable proposals. And all of this leads directly into job tracking and job costing.

The mobile app leaves something to be desired, it is not my favorite. It can be cumbersome to less technical employees and is not a replacement for a timeclock. It requires a fair amount of back end management of data that comes in through app. I also feel like support has diminished over the last 5 years.

Scott
Landscape Architect in USA
Architektur & Planung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Needs to up it's drafting game

Kommentare: Mediocre at best. The more I use it, the more I hate it.

The figures (blocks) are easily accessible and simple to use. Setting up titleblocks and text is fairly easy, but could be more editable. The plant label database is nice and very functional within the program. Printing is simple enough.

The list is longer than I what I'm writing. Drawing with the product is painful compared to others. It's not very intuitive if you are coming from other programs. Low level of customization. No custom fonts, arrows, etc. Hard to make drawings look clean & professionally formatted. So many other things....You can't draw off coordinates for property lines. Hard to do take-offs (areas don't close right). Extremely difficult to draw tangent circles. Fillets often don't work properly. You often have to fudge drawings to be more representative than accurate. It reminds me of drafting programs from the 90's. So much more, but what should be a time saver often becomes a time suck.

Reese
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I don't have enough time.

Kommentare: I really like the ability to upload a plant list from a nursery that I use with pricing to produce a priced out plant list for jobs. Saves me a lot of time and that is easy to send off for ordering as well.

I use DynaSCAPE Design by far the most because I just don't have the time to dig into the color and 3D as much as I would like to. It is a great, easy to use software that I feel is easy to stay fluent in. I wish they would add a few features to make it even more user friendly and improve the efficiency of use. (Snap to a line while holding the ortho setting!)

Please see above comment about the snaps. It is terrible to have to draw a line past an existing line to keep it in an ortho position and then trim it back to the line. I would love to be able to snap to the line and the line stay snapped ortho as well.

Humberto
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Dynascape intuitive but it can be glitchy

Kommentare: Clunky, it is a great concept. I am grateful for it but it is clunky

Easy of use and the fact that i can build a library of ohotos

It is glitchy. I lost count of how many times i lost work because it didn’t auto save. Or how many times i had to restart the software because it freezes while trying to finish a task. The concept of the software is nice, but it feels like a software written in the 90s with glitches and poor optimatization. For instance it is library of photos lacks basic plants (encore azaleas), but it allows you to choose pictures from the web. But when u do so your plant catalog file will have 24mb. When I contacted them they told me that i need to optimize the photo using a third party software and then upload it on dynascape. The. You have one menu to export the budget in on location, another menu to export the plant catalog in another location, another one to generate a pdf. Often it fails to create a pdf and you have to turn it off use the pdf repair tool and then export it.

Patrick

Life Changing Software

Kommentare: I would not use any other software. My relationship with the wonderful people at DynaScape has been so fruitful to my business and has given me so many opportunities to meet so many wonderful people from all over the world to help make this community better.

I appreciate its ease of use and what has provided me and my family. This software runs my business and provides me an income and a lifestyle that allows me to spend as much time with my family as I would like and allows me to provide my clients with superior landscape design presentations that help them sell their projects over 90% of the time.

It has has stability issues in the past and has lagged behind other software companies who have invested time and money into things like user interface, added functionality and cross platform compatability. I know this is changing now, but it should have been done 3-4 years ago.

Tom
owner designer in Kanada

Excellent Product

Kommentare: - used for all design work for over 20 years.
- easy to use quoting extensions. Though I no longer use any of the estimating or Project Management software it was good when I managed large crews.

Mostly Pros over cons. - easy to use once initial learning curve done - reasonably intuitive - excellent extension into supporting programs, colour, sketch up, etc -fantastic customer support

- a few quirks that you need to get used to but as I have used it so long I don't really have a least. if i had to pick one it would be the limitations on the plant lists. But even that is minor as I can easily add items. - it is key that you have a computer that has enough computing power.

Pierre-Cedric
Landscape Designer in Kanada

Honest Review

The plant database is great. Accurate line drawings

Hatch patterns for major pre-fab companies are completely out of date, non-existent, and out of scale. Program crashes quite often. Library needs to be updated. Features needs to be updated Customer service calls you back the next day which is ridiculous. No one has time to wait Cost is way too expensive for what it is

Keane

DysaSCAPE IS A SUPERIOR DESIGN PROGRAM

Kommentare: I used Landscape Design Pro at a previous employer. I personally feel the features of Dynascape are far superior and easier to use. I will admit it took me a little while to "unlearn" some of the things I was accustomed to using in Landscape Design Pro, but once I caught on to the tools and features of Dynascape, I feel I have a much more powerful design program with many additional features.

One feature I like most about the software is the measuring tools. It's very quick and easy to calculate square footages on patios and walkways for estimating purposes. I also like using the new "uncluster" tool. It helps greatly reduce time in making revisions.

The most frustrating issue is when working with a design that has several elements / features, the program sometimes gets slow and indicates that it's "not responding"

Katie
Design, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Quality software for drafting landscape designs

Kommentare: Being able to produce drawings and make changes quickly it’s been a huge benefit of this program. It also looks very professional as opposed to hear and drawings.

The program is fairly easy to learn and it is much quicker than old-school hand drawings. Some of the commands are different from AutoCAD which gets some used to, but overall the ease of using this software has helped tremendously in producing quality plans.

There are some bugs that I run into every now and then. If I’m trying to copy large drawings into a new drawing or take part portions of a drawing into another drawing it sometimes will be too large for them this. Also occasionally I will run into an issue with the text or lines not been filled and I have to go in and manually change the setting on each line.

Tyson

Dynascape Experience

Kommentare: Over all, I do really like the product. It's relatively easy to use compared to AutoCad and its tailored to the type of landscape architecture projects I like to do.

I find it very user friendly and relatively easy to learn.

Although the folks I eventually talk with are helpful, I'd have to say that the technical assistance is not as timely as it should be. The few times I've had issues I had to wait a day to get a response. Luckily I was not on a strict deadline but if I was, it could have cost me money or even a loss of reputation by not meeting client expectations. Along the same vein, I have found that the index in my user's manual (v5.4)is not accurate in many areas. It lists incorrect sections for many topics that I've tried to look up, which is frustrating.

Donna

Dynascape review

Kommentare: Dynascape does make drawing designs fast and easy and enables me to present a professional finished plan to my clients.

While there is some learning curve to make the drawing aspects quick and easy to use it doesn't take the long. Revisions are made fast and simple because of the software.

It would be better if the software could be integrated into a CAD based program to make it easier to share designs with contractors. I have watched tutorials that seemed to include features that my version does not have which has been frustrating since I keep mine up to date. I have had difficulty with customer service not being able to solve issues with my subscription showing as inactive when it should be current and active.