Über DynaSCAPE

DynaScape ist auf Design-Software und Business-Management-Lösungen für den professionellen Landschaftsbau spezialisiert.

Erfahre mehr über DynaSCAPE

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie DynaSCAPE bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Steven T.
Steven T.
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great drafting software for landscapers

Kommentare: This is a great option for creating landscape plans. It fills the niche market where you don't want to by AutoCAD and create everything from scratch, but you need something more than off the shelf garden design software.

I had only dabbled in AutoCAD before using Dynascape and found it very easy to learn. The library is full of great plant symbols and furniture to create a beautiful plan. The training is great, from the book, and dvd, to you tub videos and live. Once you get to a point that you can make custom objects, you're flying. Adding Color makes for an amazing presentation document and way cleaner than coloring by hand. I was so excited when they rolled out the Sketchup plugin and modeling library.

I would love to see quicker roll out of modern and updated outdoor living features and paver/stone products. Our drawings do need to reflect the trends.

Len H.
Project Coordinator/Senior Designer in Kanada
Design, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great Design & Estimating Software

Kommentare: DynaSCAPE Design and Sketch3D are excellent tools that help us sell large projects because is look professional and helps client visualize our ideas. The estimating system along with Change Orders has made us better at estimating accurately and more profitable as a company.

Hand drawn look and feel of printed designs always look professional via proper line weights and figures. Excellent symbol libraries specific to landscape design. Good integration with SketchUp and a fantastic 3D library. Tied into Manage360 for quick and accurate estimating - a system that allows you to properly recover overhead. A Change Order system that is critical to collecting project extras that often are left on the table.

The interface is dated and somewhat clunky, but it works. Not great for very large projects. Horticopia plant pictures are not great or useful.

Laura O.

Low Maintenance Landscape Review

Kommentare: We currently use the system to give clients a clear, professional view of our landscape proposals.
We would like to expand into other DynaScape products, but cannot currently find the benefit to expand when additional software is almost too expensive for a small family owned and operated company.

Design is fairly easy. It's helpful to use the square footage calculator when doing estimates on materials. I also like the feature where you can create plant lists based on phases and have them divided in the Excel sheet too.

I wish the color set up mode was a little easier to work with. Sometimes, when copying and moving lines to create your color set up layer, the system will select more than one line, or sometimes it won't intelligently group lines together.

Janine B.
Owner/Landscape Designer in Kanada

Dynascape review

Kommentare: Overall good.

It is Landscape specific software which is what I want and need. Scaling site/survey plans into the software. Export/import Autocad function is essential to collaborating with architects.

Symbols/ Figures that need to be added: Trampoline figure, Septic bed layer for drawing dimensions(Also Arch accessory label in Figures for septic), Water meter symbol, Electrical outlet symbol, Gas hookup symbol (for bbq, firetables etc), Sliding barn style door Rectangular pools with bathing ledge ; ie fiberglass pools Rectangular pools with various stair options Modern firetables in figures including 2D – round, square and rectangular…. Dekko style Better pergolas- modern styles in figures including 2D Kitchens components for 2D Generally, updates to all 2D figures to add more modern designs (ie 2D arbours, sheds, pergolas,gates); Very outdated styles. Better Fence symbols; amend Fence_B to look similar to autocad style with “x” evenly spaced along line. The existing Fence_A looks like too much like property line. Hatch patterns: add a selection of Techobloc pavers that insert accurate/to-scale in the drawing. This would make paver layout documentation much easier to create. Techobloc hatch patterns Techobloc Pavers symbols Rinox as well Enhancements: When rotating a drawing, can there be an option for text leader line to remain horizontal? Text labels don't rotate with the drawing when rotated. Have a Newsletter giving tips and tricks based on common questions Dynascape colour /pattern options are very limited; stone, accessories etc.

Cysilia S.

Cysilia's Review

Kommentare: Overall I really like the software - I tried a couple different software's when I decided to switch from hand drawn to a computer program and I ended up on Dynascape. I am really happy with my choice. I am now at my second company with the software and my designs only begin to look better and better.

I love the ease of design. It has a learning curve - getting used to the controls, and the styles in the program - but I really value how easy my revisions are, how professional my designs look with the software, and how all of my designs look similar - same fonts, styles, title blocks.

The learning curve is definitely steep - especially from someone who was trained to hand draw everything, but it was worth while learning. I do NOT enjoy the Dynascape Color. I do not enjoy the overall aesthetic of it, and find it really difficult to ensure that my 2D is *perfect* before I bring it into the color. Layering properly, connecting all lines, all of those things make Dynascape color difficult to me. I have not experimented with it much, I truly prefer the aesthetic of black and white, so lack of experience and trial and error might be why I feel this way.

Seth M.
Architektur & Planung, Selbstständig

Dynascape Review

Kommentare: Overall Dynascape has been a great tool for me to sell Landscape projects.

I like the plant libraries and export functions for quantifying and bidding. I also like the look of finished color drawing without having to spend hours coloring. I also like the ease of adding shadows in Color to give the 2D plan depth. I also like how the software works with SketchUp.

I wish the software was more customizable for individual users as far as shortcuts and custom libraries for plants and symbols. I know you can create your own symbols and shortcuts but it is a cumbersome and complicated process compared with other design software. I also really wish you were able to add and subtract nodes on lines and polygons and combine and extract shapes more easily. And while the color line fill in mode is great, it only recognizes the correct area to fill in about 10% of the time, making hand tracing of shapes before going to Color necessary, which takes a good amount of time on a large plan. I also do not understand why you can't show dimensions on color plans. It would also be great to fix the building tool so you don't have to worry about what length line you start on so the building will actually close properly. It would also be nice to have more and updated construction details for landscape products in the industry, or be able to import them for construction details instead of having to draw them.

David M.
Landscape Architect in USA
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Long time User

The most impactful features are the great symbols and ease of the layers already set up and ready to be used. The detail that can be incorporated into my plans provides an excellent tool for my clients to understand and see our design intent. I also like the integration of the color as well as the 3D capabilities. Along with the program itself I have been most appreciative of the excellent support and customer service I have received through the many years of use.

Most of the designers in our office use AutoCad and I am integrating Dynascape and trying to get your program as our primary design tool. The biggest limitation I have come across through the years has been the limitations of using more fonts in labeling. I have brought this up a couple of times when I have been utilizing your support and was told this may be looked at in the future. I am new designer in an office where continuity of plans and presentation materials are critical and I have not been able to replicate even close the fonts available in AutoCad to make my plans look like the remainder of the company. I did relay that this would be an item to be looked at in the future. As a very long time user of your design software I would suggest that this is looked at to become high on the priority list. The font limitations have been discussed in each office I have worked in during my use of Dynascape. A second issue I have not been able to correct is new to my new office is the inability to get consistent prints of my plans. I have contacted support and have not been able to resolve the issue. I am thinking this is more on my end but I can go to a peer's computer and get great print outs and mine will not always print the detail in hatchings or patterns incorporated into the plan. Our printer has been checked with no issues to be found and I feel this could be a setting on my individual work station.

Clare T.

Dynascape Review

Kommentare: I have been using Dynascape Design for about 10 years now and have had an overall great experience with it. Our office just integrated Manage 360 this year, so there are always new things to learn but we have a pretty decent handle on it so far. Intend to spend this winter learning how to use more features of the program.

Dynascape Design is easy to use, and integrates well with Manage 360. The takeoff tools are great and allow for quicker estimating. Love the plant picture catalog feature but wish there was more plant info included on the PDFs.

Sometimes Design crashes without warning, but the recover feature is a lifesaver. Just slows down the design process sometimes. Coworkers have mentioned that the timesheets, especially for maintenance services, could be much more streamlined and easier to use.

Landscape Designer in Kanada
Architektur & Planung, Selbstständig

Dynascape is a great product

Kommentare: I have always had a good experience with Dynascape and have been a customer for 10+ years.

Easy to use, lots of features, produces high quality end products for clients.

It’s a great product but somewhat cost prohibitive for small operations that are only design based, as opposed to design-build, or that operate on a seasonal basis.

Gail I.
Einzelhandel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Needs Improving

Kommentare: When I've used the support email, or have had to move licenses around to new computers, company response has always been quick and thorough. It's my understanding that the company is working on a major upgrade to Design--and I must say it is needed--and I look forward to the results. New designers can quickly learn the basic skills needed to produce a digital design and track their assigned jobs in 360.

Following the tutorials for Dynascape Design, I was able to learn this software on my own and get up and running in a short amount of time. I use Dynascape Manage 360 mostly for client database features and project management with multiple designers, and for that, it has been easy to learn and keep pipeline details up to date.

Some of the design features are clunky and not intuitive. I would rather refer to the Design manual to figure out how to figure out a specific feature, however the manual has a poor index and often doesn't explain steps in a clear manner. More symbol options are needed for plant material and other landscape features.

Elizabeth P.
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

User friendly and good landscape features

Kommentare: I've been using dynascape for almost a decade. It's quick and easy. Much more user friendly than cad. I use it on every project and have had great success. I normally use black and white much more than color because I rarely make polylines for all my features. You have to know you're going to color before you start designing, otherwise it's a pain to go over all your lines twice.

I like that you can easily drop in figures - boulders, furniture, t-block accessories, doors/window wells, plants. Good variety of line weights. Good options for paper sizing and scales. Really easy to create a design in minutes. Also moves pretty fast - doesn't trip like other programs.

Please add multiple sheets per file. I don't like turning layers on and off to see the projects and often, the layers on/off feature isn't necessary. What I need is to see my complete design next to my planting plan, irrigation plan, etc. I usually have multiple files that I need to create a single pdf for, but then if there are changes, I have to open multiple documents rather than just one. The clients don't want 5 pdfs, they just want one file. The pdf quality in Color is not nearly as crisp as black and white pdfs. The color designs are always fuzzier. Lastly, the leaders are not clean enough. When I compare them to autocad, they looks messy and are harder to read.

Kathy R.
landscape designer in USA
Design, Selbstständig

Good product for landscape designers

Kommentare: Overall, it's a good program for my needs. I'm able to build a landscape design, build 2D details for construction, resize things easily and use it for most of my installation plan needs.

I think dynascape is a fairly easy program to learn. Can be super detailed if necessary. Like the integration into the color program.

3D capabilities are a bit cumbersome compared to other 3D programs I have used. Price tag is a little on the high end as well.

Cheryl C.
President in Kanada
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

DynaScape is beginner friendly!

Kommentare: Our experience with DynaScape so far has been great! When I have a question I contact our sales manager and either he will help resolve the issue or he sends my issue to the support department and they are pretty quick to help with the issue. We have only had the 1 big issue with the 1 image file that wasn't compatible with Design Color and just 2 minor questions about the program/licenses. There has been nothing to complain about when using DynaScape. My team loves it.

What I liked most about this software is that it was easy for my Jr Landscape Designer, who had never used Dynascape before, do a whole drawing and colour within a week and a half.

There is nothing I don't like about this program. It provides beautiful rendered drawings and our clients are always surprised by how detailed the drawings actually are. We did have a small hiccup within a week of having the product but the support line was so fast to catch what our issue was. It was to do with a file we downloaded on google and input into the design color program. Nothing to do specifically with DynaScape itself.

Trista I.

Professional-looking Designs with Hand Rendered look

Kommentare: Dynascape has helped me to provide my clients and installers with clear, well-labeled, and aesthetically pleasing designs to both help sell and install my designs.

My favorite part, and what impresses others the most, is the aesthetic of the final product, particularly with DynascapeColor.

There are a few clunky functions that I wish were simpler, from my experience with other design softwares. One of those things is the ability to add a vertex point to a poly line, without having to redraw the whole thing. This gets especially cumbersome when I have to redraw a large lawn or bed due to a small adjustment.

Jarett C.
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Incredible Design Software for the Green Industry, but prepare for a learning curve.

Kommentare: DynaSCAPE Design and DynaSCAPE Color have aided in me selling millions of dollars worth of outdoor projects over the years that I have used it. There have been so many clients of mine that have been blown away by the designs after having simple hand drawn sketches done for them before. There is a learning curve, yes, but I believe it is well worth your time and the financial investment to get this software and test it out for yourself.

I have used DynaSCAPE almost daily for over 8 years as a landscape design professional. I purchased the software - both DS Design and DS Color - for myself and they have paid for themselves numerous times over. Once you have used the software for awhile and have gotten past the steep learning curve it's a great software. There are tons of figures in the library that are already scale to your plan. I like that you can create prototypes for title blocks and save them. The plans I design always come out looking crisp and clean. There are so many great things about this software, I highly recommend it.

As I've used DynaSCAPE throughout the years, I've only come across a few things that were mildly frustrating. The subscription service to keep everything up to date is semi prohibitive and I have not utilized it. Therefore, I cannot benefit from the updates and customer support. The main challenge - as others have mentioned - is the steep learning curve when you first start using the software. If you're transferring over from a different CAD program, it is going to take you a few months to get used to it, to become proficient in it will take even longer. I am still learning new things about the functions years later.

Bruce J.
head designer in USA
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Dynascape critique

Kommentare: There are some wonderful aspects of Dynascape that I love. I just feel that there are many things that could be improved that I feel Dynascape doesn't care to help our lives. If anyone actually wants to improve the design program, I would love to take the time to discuss it,[SENSITIVE CONTENT], or chat with email, [SENSITIVE CONTENT].

I like the professional color presentation.

It's very frustrating to have to go from design to color. I want to be able to see the colors as I design it. every time I tweak the design, I have to go to color and update drawing. The second complaint is the lack of figures and color swatch's. I don't understand why you don't try to get a crowd sourcing community that could add figures and swatch's and you could collect them and come out with a update each quarter? I wouldn't be angry each quarter if we got better product for our money.

Kevin R.
Architektur & Planung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Design Starting point

Kommentare: The overall benefit is being able to produce and sell projects with beautiful 3-D rendered designs.

I like the Sketchup 3D library that is made available when you buy the sketch 3D software--that is now my favorite feature of Dynascape Design. However, I did learn much of how I construct landscape designs on Dynascape Design's reliable 2D software. In the past 4-5 years we have been moving to 3D software, which I often start directly in Sketchup. Therefore, 80-90% of our usage is only for the Sketch 3D library; which to its credit, I could not produce nice 3D Sketchup designs without. Make no mistake, 3D designs are where it's at. We have a much higher sell rate on them than producing 2D since the customer is really able to see our vision realistically and get excited about their project.

The Downside for us is that we had to pay a lot of money for the Dynascape Design Software which we barely even use anymore except for the occasional quickie 2D design for the customer who is not on-board with the cost of a 3d design. There is a large up front fee and then monthly fees thereafter for DS Design, DS Color, and finally the DS Sketch 3D library. We feel like we are paying a lot of money to access the Sketch 3D Library which is only available after having purchased DS Design. Furthermore, I wish the Developers would more actively update and continually add to the Sketch 3D library as there are many cultivars that we use that have no representation in the library--and I have asked the devs to develop more in the past. Lastly, you have to FURTHER purchase a rendering software if you want the photo-realistic renderings that are advertised. We do work with the shaderlight program that is advertised on the Dynascape website. I like that software, but again it is another costly purchase on top of what we already pay for. Honestly, the Unilock design software competes with this software with nice results for (last I saw it was free), but I am now so invested in the Dynascape system that DOES work once it is all setup that I have not tried the Unilock software yet.

Daniel H.
Design, Selbstständig

One of the best tools you will use!

Kommentare: Being able to quickly see quanities for pavers, edging or plant bed space is so nice! When a revision is necessary being able to quickly make that change and print a new sheet is so nice and I am thankful for having that capability!

Having a design to give to employees and customers let's everyone understand the vision for the project. I've seen people who talk their way through a install and some things drawn out on very rough drafts. Giving a professional presentation sets you apart from competition and will boost your confidence to see the product illustrated out before its implemented.

Time tracking for the designs would be great if you could set it up similar to how the screen saver works. Moving the mouse takes the screensaver off but if you could use some activity to track the time spent on a design that would be great. Then when you get called away and there is no activity the timer stops... Would save me alot of hassle if that was in use. Currently I have to use another app called topaltracker which will track the time and if idle stops the timer. When you get back on a small bell sounds to remind you that the timer is back on. If you could add that it would be great! Second- update the patterns to reflect products from Belgard and Unilock. Update some figures for Breeo firepit, aquascape basin bowls, cars, and people would be great!!! 3rd- if there was someway to implement this into sketchup and be able to make it 3D like U-Vision that would be a game changer!

Tia M.

Great for landscape designers

Kommentare: I feel like there are a lot of bugs for a program that has been out for years. I've been using it for 3 years now and haven't seen and significant changes in the software. The UI is also dated. Overall, it's a good program for a small landscape design company. It's much cheaper than AutoCAD, and has integrated figures so you don't need a plugin. It gets the job done, but could use some improvements.

I like the variety of figures that the software contains. It's nice to not need a plugin to add a variety of plant symbols to the drawings. It's also really handy that you can create your own figures and add them to a library. It is also helpful that if you hover over a tool, you get a description of what the tool does.

There are pretty minimal help videos on youtube. There have been features that I have struggled to learn how to use and I haven't found any videos that help me enough to figure it out. The manual is also not super helpful, especially flipping through hundreds of pages. I feel like I don't even use half of the features because I can't figure them out. Specifically, plant schedules and design labeling. I feel like these are meant to be useful tools, but I am not able to use them because there aren't enough help videos to teach me how. If working on a simple landscape, this software is fine. However, once we have a job that has multiple plans, it's extremely frustrating that I have to have multiple different drawings instead of being able to create multiple plans from one drawing like you can with AutoCAD.

Gabriel M.
General Manager in Kanada

Manage360

Kommentare: Overall experience has been great. It is a complete program with only minor issues needing resolution.

Job costing and the ability to give plants a separate overhead markup from materials

No being able to delete accounts and estimates with jobs attached. I understand why, but feel there should be a work around.

Lawerence W.
Owner / Operator in USA
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

DynaScape

Kommentare: The company as a whole is very professional, Customer service to the product itself, very easy to use.

I like the overall work ability, layout options and quick change use of this product. I've been using the software for almost 15 years now and I'm really happy with it.

The only thing I would like to change is to have it intergrade 3D software side by side in the same program, that way I can stop using Structure Studios for my 3D needs.

Owner /operator in Kanada

User since 2007

Kommentare: Overall satisfaction. I may not have benefited to the fullest from the program by not delving into ongoing training, beyond the original course I took as I made the transition to computer drafting, but I have become adept enough to meet my needs. Sometimes colleagues offer helpful tips or share hacks.

Dynascape is the only drafting program I have used for my landscape design business since 2007 when I switched to drawing on the computer from hand drafting. It certainly facilitated revisions, as well as copying sections of drawings to different scales for easier communication and sharing with clients. I only use the Design part of the program suite, and it has served me well enough.

My main computer is a Mac, so the fact that Dynascape is a PC based program has required using the Parallels program as an intermediary. With pending next generation changes to the Apple operating system, I am uncertain whether I will be able to continue to use Dynascape, as I believe Parallel is not immediately preparing to change their program to keep pace with the Apple changes. As I am long overdue for a computer update this a pressing concern for me. I believe Dynascape is in the process of developing a cross-platform version of their program, but it may not come soon enough for me.

Shawn R.

Great product, some flaws

Kommentare: Coming from landscape architecture student who frequently used AutoCAD for design, switching to DynaSCAPE was a step down. Having to learn a new program, it took some getting used to. Sure, workflow has improved dramatically since first use, however there are some things I miss from my previous favored program. On top of it all, I don't have a choice. It's DynaSCAPE or no job.

The program works well for folks that use AutoCAD.

Coming from an AutoCAD pro, I appreciate the Command Alias. It makes for a smooth workflow. Though there are built-in commands that are entirely unnecessary (such as zoom scrolling and panning) and commands that are very effective have to be built by hand (such as trimming, rotating, and mirroring). When it comes to exporting a plant picture catalogue, there can be improvements there. Upon the first screen after clicking the button, all plants are checked. In my office, we need to have plant types separated. I uncheck the boxes and go back to recheck the trees, shrubs, and evergreens. I finish that, then I make a separate page for grasses, perennials, and groundcovers. Also in this screen, it would be great if the plant names were listed by botanical name. I find it very odd that the plants are listed alphabetically by botanical name but listed as the common name.

Jerome L.
Lead Designer in USA
Architektur & Planung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great Product for Landscape Design

Kommentare: DynaSCAPE allows us to produce stunning visual designs quickly and efficiently. The software is super user friendly and the large catalog of figures is great. The sales team came out to meet us when I first implemented and were really a great group of people, friendly and very knowledgeable.

DynaSCAPE is a fantastic tool for landscape design. I have used DynaSCAPE for about 10 years now and it is by far the best landscape design software on the market. The support team is quick to respond with any issues, and were great to work with on initial setup. Having a huge library of figures as well as the plant scheduling import/export makes designing and bidding quick as well as produces fantastic looking designs.

For a while in the beginning the PDF export would sometimes not work, but they have since resolved those issues. The consistent updates seem to take care of most bugs that arise.

Bryce L.

Good and Bad

Kommentare: Overall we've been a customer for more than 10 years. We would like to see more frequent updates to the software, and listening to consumer feedback. Most of the DS Design hasn't seen notable changes in the last 4-5 years, and some of these asks that we have are very common with other landscape design programs.

Can produce detailed construction plans, great 2-D color renderings, good variety of figures to place within drawings

Importing PDF's and scaling the plans. Once you move the scale changes and have to rescale. Not being able to easily input lengths when doing linework and creating baseplans/designs. Should be able to snap to a crossing line on the ortho (always have to click past, then change line location or trim). NEED hotkeys for commands. Add more to figure library (specifically plantings) Smooth Polylines and curves are often too tight. Editing Text labels after insertion. Color integration into a single program in the near future?