bitdefender GravityZone Bewertungen

David I.
Sales
Telekommunikation, Selbstständig

"A reliable antivirus"

Kommentare: Experience was good overall great piece of software, the only super frustrating part was the installation after after having had installed a trial version of Bitdefender antivirus.

Vorteile: - It does not dramatically slow your system when performing updates.
- it comes with VPN.
- It has the anti ransomware.
- The interface is really easy to use.
- It detects viruses and gives you options on what to do with it.
- The password wallet is awesome you have all sorts of options in it to access your accounts with ease and security.
- You get 3 computers coverage with one payment or you can also use it on your phone.
- The safe pay feature is great for transactions and does not interfere with other SSL sites.

Nachteile: - The initial set up is confusing, especially if you used a trial version and you signed up with an email address.
- So you have to complete uninstall the trial version and install the paid version.

Brandon B.
IT Manager
  • Bewertet am 28.7.2020

"great tool"

Kommentare: In today's world cyber security is always top on a companies mind. Being a tool that covers many angles helps me show the value in the tool at renewal time.

Vorteile: The ability to setup different policies and have them applied to different users, As we all know the C level usually dont appreciate the barriers some products make mandatory, I can make that choice and add some as quiet features for them instead of having a pop up hassle them. Also the broad scope Bitdefender covers as well as being known as one of the best.

Nachteile: Very little would I fine tune but recently they came out with a risk assessment module and instead of making me call a sales person for the patch management solution a simple cost associated with it when I click on it would be nice

• Bewertet am 28.7.2020
Demetrios K.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.1.2019

"Worst experience ever."

Kommentare: Overall it was the worst experience with any software company, it was nothing but problems from the people representing this company; needless to say I ended up having to replace my computer because I was locked out of the first one, and the technician never repaired the first one I originally ordered the custom installation for.

Vorteile: None really; I had a terrible experience that nearly shut my business down.

Nachteile: I paid for the custom version which was supposed to mold to my system based on the heavy use of my computer for business. Two days later the person who was supposed to perform the custom installation deleted a lot of the standard programs that came with Windows 7 Business, altered the H Key code in the lines for the mouse and keyboard. I was unable to log back in after he remotely shut down my computer. I ended up calling customer support through my smartphone where I accessed the number through the confirmation email they sent me. The lady wasn't understanding what I was telling her, put me on hold for over a half an hour, and had me repeat things over and over and over again. She decided to send out a technician to do a uninstall and reinstall, which she repeated over and over and over again. I had to wait three days for the technician to come out, and told me you only need a new mouse and keyboard, I spent even more money and nothing really was solved. All of this just to replace an already brand new computer:-( The take away from all of this is you should never trust their claims of being the most awarded anti virus software, " buyer beware".

• Bewertet am 30.1.2019
Stacy M.
Lead
Eventservice, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.10.2019

"Saved me 1000's of dollars!"

Kommentare: Let me start by saying that Bitdefender saved me 1000's of dollars, and I'm not exaggerating! About 1 and half years ago, one of my team members made the mistake of opening a fake attachment in an email. It happened on a Friday, and when we returned on Monday, every single file we had was encrypted and are large ransomware image was on our desktops. I was devastated. So much work simply tied up and no way to get it back, other than paying some thief $2000 dollars. Three days later, Bitdefender released a decryption program that allowed me to decrypt my entire system! We were saved! From that point forward, I decided that every single computer we own would have Bitdefender running on it! No other antirvirus company had anything even close to Bitdefender!

Vorteile: When it comes to protecting yourself and your files, you need to know that you are protected! With Bitdefender you have that piece of mind knowing that you truly are. The suite not only covers you from viruses, but protects your email, your wifi, and has a built in firewall! For me this is the all in one solution!

Nachteile: Sometimes Bitdefender blocks me from doing what I want, but in all fairness, I have it set at the highest security level. Even when I'm blocked, I can jump into Bitdefender and allow what ever was blocked.

• Bewertet am 3.10.2019
Monika S.
student
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.9.2019

"Amazing product"

Kommentare: I've been able to save the computers from being hacked into and data saved, as well as saving computers from being taken over and jacked by those who would try and hold our computers hostage.

Vorteile: I love the different levels that the company offers not only for personal but also business aspects. They are growing every year offering more and more products to be able to keep their customers safe from the latest viruses. They also have programs that all customers to be able to track their computers that can not be easily removed from the hard drives of the computers so even if someone did steal a laptop or desktop, their programs come with a form of low-jack that allows you to track them from another computer anywhere in the world.

Nachteile: About the only Con I would say is that the base for bitdefender is overseas, so getting into contact with someone in customer service is a bit difficult at times. Yet when you do, they work with you and it is amazing how quickly they help resolve any issues. They have saved both my work and my home computers from being hacked and jacked so many times I can't even mention it.

• Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Eli P.
Centrlized Services Manager
  • Bewertet am 14.7.2019

"Best Antivirus Program I Have Used and Managed"

Kommentare: Overall, I am very happy with the product. It continues to perform better than other Antivirus programs that I have used in the past. I have greatly reduced the amount of time spent on virus remediation.

Vorteile: Since switching to BitDefender, the number of infections reported by my clients has drastically decreased. I am very impressed with how effective the product is. Additionally, I rarely see a performance impact on the systems that are being protected.

Nachteile: There are some limitations to exclusions that can be a bit frustrating. Some exclusions must be added with the full path, so if a program is in the profile of many different users across multiple computers, if can be hard to manage.

• Bewertet am 14.7.2019
Jason K.
MIS Technician
Groߟhandel, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.10.2019

"Excellent AV Software"

Kommentare: Our experience is that since switching to their software, we've had minimal infections while reducing crypto virus/ransomware to zero.

Vorteile: It's detection rate with minimal false positives. The sandbox analyzer is a lifesaver too. Deployment was pretty straightforward as well.

Nachteile: It's a little resource intensive. We've had numerous complaints about it affecting PC performance from users.

• Bewertet am 22.10.2019
CIO
Internet, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.6.2020

"Good Antivirus package for smaller organizations"

Kommentare: Experience has been mostly positive from an administrative standpoint. Complaints about all AV vendors and some of their updates give us grief when running during business hours, but all-in-all it catches most of what's out there which is the point.

Vorteile: GravityZone is easy to install and manage for our organization. Scans are relatively quick and CPU usage is fairly low.

Nachteile: LIcensing for the product doesn't fit our environment well since we have a lot of servers and very few workstations. For this product they want it limited to the number of servers per workstation.

• Bewertet am 8.6.2020
Jason Z.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 24.10.2019

"Great product for small business offices."

Kommentare: This is a great product at a great price point per agent, that covers all aspects of protection. its neat, and simple, and not over blown and complicated.

Vorteile: Ease of administration, reporting, strength of product effectiveness, Covers al aspects of security and is fully customizable

Nachteile: The online web interface is a little cumbersome to navigate in layout. It would also be nice if all the agents could be locally administered from a console on a server or admin PC.

• Bewertet am 24.10.2019
Anti Virus What?
Fotografie, Selbstständig

"Anti Virus What/"

Vorteile: I like bitdefender because the price is fair as compared to other anti-virus programs. and it use very little resources making your computer run a bit better. It use very little RAM memory, leaving you the rest to use for more memory intensive programs

Nachteile: I don't know what I like least about this program

Mantas J.
IT Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.9.2019

"Best in the market"

Kommentare: If there might be any issues those will come out in the beginning. Once installed works like a charm and never had a problem with it.

Vorteile: Business version is reasonably easy to setup and deploy. Users do not see hundreds of notifications (which are annoying) and overall is really easy to monitor.
Total Security package is hands down easy to use and software does it all for you. Even on the phone it is securing you against all threats in the web.

Nachteile: Not always deployment tool works so have to use other methods (there are few) and so have to keep an eye if all devices have it installed (task have not failed).

• Bewertet am 6.9.2019
James L.
IT Operations
Verlagswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.8.2019

"A Good Small Business Antivirus Solution"

Kommentare: It's a solid and well priced antivirus for a small business. It includes a special ransomware "vaccine" which gives me a bit of peace of mind as ransomware is the new boogey man in the cyber security world. Their support reply promptly and I've never had trouble getting a hold of them. You really have to keep after it and do an audit once a month to make sure there aren't any duplicate instances and that all computers have checked in, but aside from that it's set and forget.

Vorteile: The software is easy to set up and install, and the admin interface is fairly straight forward. They support MFA out of the box and that's essential for an antivirus software. I also appreciate the ability to organize the computers into sub folders that represent my organizations structure. You can apply security policies by folder grouping and this makes it easy to target more exposed groups like customer service or traveling employees with more aggressive security policies. Finally, reports and notifications can be set up to be sent by email which is essential for when infections occur.

Nachteile: The client tends to get confused somewhat frequently. If an employee travels and connects to many different networks the admin console will sometimes show duplicates of that same client and thusly take up 2 licenses. These clones are easy enough to delete, but it's still annoying. The scanning tools are fine for routine scans, but for customer scans you must specify a target on the system. For OS X this is often the root directory for me, and for Windows it's %Win_Dir%. I'd prefer just a "scan the whole machine" checkbox rather than playing around with this. Especially considering I usually do a custom scan when something is going wrong. Each separate admin has their own separate "console" and they have to set it up on their own. This is frustrating when you have more than one admin and each one has to customize and set up their own reports, dashboards, etc. It's also confusing that each admin only sees their own tasks. I can't see what my colleague has issued for scans recently and so I might scan or update the same machine twice for no reason. Generally, being able to see what work a colleague has done, especially in addressing a crisis, is very helpful. They have a patch management "plugin", but it's strictly for Windows. I have a dual OS environment so I am forced to look elsewhere and would prefer a singular endpoint management solution that encompasses patch management and antivirus.

Thierry D.
Computer-Vernetzung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.9.2019

"Bitdefender GravityZone"

Kommentare: Le suivi avec la console cloud est très pratique et permet de nombreuses actions à distance, parfaites pour un responsable IT.

Vorteile: Bitdefender GravityZone est un vrai produit de sécurité professionnel. Il va bien au-delà du simple anti-virus. Il bénéficie de fonctions comme le pare-feu et la gestion des connexions. Il permet un filtrage précis des postes utilisateurs pour s'assurer que chacun utilise le réseau selon ce qu'il lui est permis.

Nachteile: La version Advanced, qui permet la sécurisation des appareils portables, n'est pas utilisable avec la console cloud et doit donc être utilisé sur une console fixe. Mais il parait que cela devrait changer l'année prochaine.

• Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Andrigo F.
Support Analist
  • Bewertet am 2.7.2019

"Strongest anti virus available on market"

Kommentare: My overall experience with bitdefender is very good, it's a reliable protection solution.

Vorteile: Bitdefender always proved me to be a very reliable solution for endpoint protection. It is simple to implement, easy to configure and there's no need of dedicated server for managing your policies and things like that. Also, you can configure various different types of policies and apply each one on a group of machines. So, you can adjust the configurations to match the needs of your environment. Currently, all of our customers run Bitdefender as they primary protection solution.

Nachteile: Bitdefender try to block everything they think it's malicious, and sometimes it causes trouble by blocking false-positives. I don't really know if this is a downside, but annoys frequently

• Bewertet am 2.7.2019
Szilard S.
designer
Design, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 4.1.2020

"the best antivirus"

Vorteile: I read a lot about the best virus writer in the world. I've been looking at tests and been using this virus scanner for 2 years! First I used a smaller paid package, and I was very satisfied with it. I just switched. I'm using Total Security. I really like that they have already thought of everything in this product. Webcam, microphone protection! Secure passwords. I would never replace this virus writer! Because it offers more than other products. Check my computer daily! Completely scan once a week for details! The network is protected by a firewall!

Nachteile: I use a number of free accessories, but I feel that the makers do not place much emphasis on these products. Eg Home Scenner. I would work on these to be perfect.

• Bewertet am 4.1.2020
Lynn L.
admin
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.10.2019

"No worries with Bitdefender"

Kommentare: We tried a few other programs and when we switches to bitdefender noticed an improvement in the performance of the PC along and they dont constantly bombard you with offers to upgrade or add on services, which is a plus!

Vorteile: Bid defender is a great anti-virus program that doesn't overly bog down your PC, like many other programs do. It auto updates and scans in the background for problems but doesn't slow down my system like some of the other programs I have used did.

Nachteile: There really aren't any cons to this program, it does what it says and seems to keep the computer working efficiently with out annoying pop ups.

• Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Bill B.
Import und Export, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 9.4.2020

"Good product, MSP integration could use some work"

Kommentare: I have it as part of my MSP stack. Every Windows box gets it installed. Has never caused any problems, and have not had any malware outbreaks while using it. The GravityZone package allows multi-tenant management, but the reports aren't usable for customer-facing presentation.

Vorteile: One of the top tier security apps. Good performance. Unobtrusive. Can be deployed with policies or RMM tools. Reasonable cost.

Nachteile: For MSPs, the reporting is poor. Alerting on problems is very bad, there is no instant notification of discovered malware, just a daily report.

• Bewertet am 9.4.2020
Margaret W.
Freelancer-Blogger-Copywrite-Editing-Proofreading
  • Bewertet am 27.2.2018

"Our IT Developers said we needed to change over to this..."

Kommentare: Fewer spams and no more virus threats!

Vorteile: When our IT gurus said we should change our malware/anti-virus software AGAIN, they said this should be the last change, hopefully . They told us that with the sophistication of viruses and malware out there, our current software wasn't adequate enough to keep us protected. They also told us that Bitdefender has one of the highest rankings when it comes to providing the best protection against ransomware and hackers. From my POV, I can honestly vouch for the fact that the number of junk, spam and unsolicited email have been greatly reduced...and that makes me very happy. I don't have time to read the legit emails let alone take the time to clean out my mailbox...especially the spams!

Nachteile: Backup services or mobile protection are not included with Bitdefender Internet Security. However, both of these features are available with Bitdefender Total Security at a higher price.

• Bewertet am 27.2.2018
Chrysostomos V.
System Engineer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.3.2018

"A very robust security solution. Minimalist and clear interface covers everything you need. GDPR !"

Kommentare: This is a complete security solution for computers and servers. You get a very powerful but easy to use management console. The users are happy because of low demand resources. While still protected from one of the best product, the management effort and time was greatly reduced.

Vorteile: - Modern, well organized interface makes management very simple
- There are a lot of features but still easy to walk through
- The on premise deployment can manage road warriors
- Very powerful policies for different protection levels
- Web content filter, can scan SSL connections
- The agent can be configured for different levels of interaction with the user, including stealth activity
- The agent doesn't consume lot of resources. There are many protection options, and explicit anti ransomware option
- Includes patch management for the operating system and a set of popular applications including Office
- Includes disk encryption management
- Protects Windows (workstation & server), Mac and Linux
- There are very responsive product updates in line with the operating system requirements
- The antivirus engine is one of the best rated for many years consecutively
- Runs on Linux server, no license costs

Nachteile: - The best practice recommends using relays, which are dedicated clients for caching
- The relays are mandatory for patch management
- Complicated initial setup for patch management involving certificates
- The patch management module is very expensive, but sell separately

• Bewertet am 7.3.2018
Matt I.
  • Bewertet am 8.8.2019

"Stop the malware"

Kommentare: It has worked really well.

Vorteile: It does not annoy you like other antivirus solutions. It is light weigh and rarely interferes with anything.

Nachteile: The management interface is clunky. Everyone complains about that.

• Bewertet am 8.8.2019
Çağrı E.
Engineer
Automotive, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.3.2020

"Great Virus Protection Software With Low Price"

Kommentare: My overall experience with this program is pretty good.We started to use Bitdefender 2 years ago.I had some suspicous regarding implementation adn protection of crical files.But all is göne.Program offering good performance in protection of your computer from virused and malwares without loosing any performance lost

Vorteile: I like most regarding Bitdefender is user interace.It is really easy. the software providing detailed report after virüs scan. You are recognizing your system is being protected after you review detail report. The secong thing the softawere is avaialble for MaC OS software. .Customer survice is also great.Once I had problem I drop an -email to them and I got quick reply and problem is soved.

Nachteile: After first set up the program,scanning may take too much time.This is the only thing disturbs me

Everton V.
Support Analyst
Computer-Vernetzung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.6.2019

"The safest and lightest antivirus tool"

Kommentare: For more than two years I have implemented Bitdefender as a protection tool, in all this time it has never been a problem or there was some flaw with the tool.

Vorteile: Bitdefender is the best antivirus option I've ever implemented. Besides being simple to install and configure, it is very lightweight. All policy settings are very useful. The way the tool is managed is great, it does not require a central server in the client environment, everything is managed in the cloud

Nachteile: There is nothing that makes the tool gain negative points. It has always been very well on all tests, including protecting against ransoware attacks. In an environment that has firewall and proxy, you must release the update addresses, it is a bit more work.

• Bewertet am 10.6.2019
Dan O.
CEO / CTO
  • Bewertet am 11.9.2018

"Runs without Issue - Could Provide Better Controls"

Vorteile: BitDefender does a great job at its core purpose: keeping my network safe from viruses and malware. It runs in the background and doesn't hog my CPU or memory like McAfee and Kaspersky has done in the past. I've been pleased with the GravityZone web interface and deployment options as well; and I really like the quickview dashboard giving me a birds-eye view of my current network status.

Nachteile: The individual use experience even for power users is a bit limited. While the product runs on my machine, I don't feel like I can do much more with is other than update the definitions or run a full scan. It is difficult to mark items as safe or to track what traffic is blocked in real-time.

• Bewertet am 11.9.2018
Thea E.
VP for IT
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.9.2018

"Best Antivirus software"

Vorteile: I have tried many antivirus software, both free and paid apps. So far, Bitdefender is the best one that I've used. I like their cloud-based control center, and how you could easily navigate into the admin panel, if you're using the software for a company. It has a lot of reporting tools, customization options and software deployment options. I also like that the pricing is reasonable. The other thing that I really like about it is it's very silent. It does its work in the background, doesn't disturb the regular user, and doesn't use a lot of RAM. I recommend this, and even the free Bitdefender.

Nachteile: I didn't find anything that I don't like about the software.

• Bewertet am 24.9.2018
Mark W.
IT Director
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.8.2019

"Bitdefender Review"

Kommentare: Overall I'd recommend Bitdefender as an effective antivirus product.

Vorteile: After using another enterprise grade antivirus program for several years, we had a malware outbreak in our company. Not only did the AV software fail to protect us, it was unable to remove the virus from the infected machines. I downloaded a trial version of Bitdefender GravityZone and quikcly installed it on an infected computer. Within the first full scan it detected and disinfected the computer. I deployed to other infected computers and then throughout our organization. Within 2 days we were completely cleaned. It is very easy to set up and deploy and has a very small footprint.

Nachteile: The thing I least like about Bitdefender is the reporting. It's somewhat limited on the reporting.

• Bewertet am 26.8.2019