Barracuda Email Security Gateway Erfahrungen

Über Barracuda Email Security Gateway

Umfassender Schutz vor E-Mail-basierten Bedrohungen

Erfahre mehr über Barracuda Email Security Gateway

Easy to use and effective at detecting and removing threats.

I can receive an email from the sar address and it will be blocked even though I moved a previous email in the whitelist.

Bewertungen zu Barracuda Email Security Gateway

Barracuda Email Security Gateway hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 155 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Barracuda Email Security Gateway bereits verwendet?

Sergey
Sergey
Manager, Technology Infrastructure and Compliance in USA
Gastgewerbe, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great way to get a better control of your email

Kommentare: Much lighter load on my MS Exchange server, full control of all the incoming correspondence.

Set it and forget it solution for your email that will help you to significantly reduce amount of unwanted correspondence. Fully automated platform, automatic updates, self learning mechanism. Outstanding customer service and technical support, when you need them. One day I needed an urgent replacement of the unit, because mine broke. Replacement unit arrived in less than 24 hours! In addition, if you host your email in-house (MS Exchange for example), it will significanlty decrease load on your server, blocking all the unwanted messages BEFORE they his your mail server. Administration is very simple and flexible. You can create custom rules in addition to the automated scanning of inbound correspondence.

While automatic updates are convenient, there were a couple of instances, when the updates were corrupted, resulting in blocking all of my mail. Gladly, Barracuda technical support is always there for you, as I have mentioned. They were able to correct the problem within a couple of hours each time this happened.

Assistant Utilities Director in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Robust spam, virus, and phishing filtering appliance with a lot of options

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been excellent, and we have been using the product for over a decade. During this time, we have upgraded to the newest Barracuda ESG each time the platform has come up for review. Our experiences with their support team have been minimal, but excellent each time support has been needed. Their user forum has also been helpful when looking to configure rules to address ongoing campaigns, or with basic configuration questions. Firmware updates over the years have kept the platform up to date with new options and user tools.

Once fully configured, the platform is very reliable, resulting in few false-positives and blocking nearly all spam. The administrator interface is easy to use and allows for numerous ways to detect spam, with a lot of configurability. The user interface is easy to use, either through the web interface or the Outlook add-in. The hardware appliance and firmware is rock solid, requiring almost no ongoing maintenance except periodic updates.

The mail log view can be cumbersome when trying to analyze large numbers of incoming emails, and the log filtering cannot always be set to find precisely what you're looking for, particularly due to the lack of filtering/wildcard options. When it comes to spam detection, all rules are universal, so you can't apply just some rules to a subset of emails (such as based on user/sender/sending server), which for us sometimes results in false-positive blocking. Barracuda's live definition updating has been quick to respond to new spam campaigns and threats, which results in virtually no spam, virus, or phishing emails ever reaching our users.

Russell
IT Associate in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

It may be time to look for a replacement product - sorry Barracuda.

Email filtering catches a good amount of spam/phishing email. Quarantine is helpful for ensuring our users can see what questionable emails may need to be let through or blocked.

Recently the product has been systematically allowing more and more spam to get through - sending in reports and providing feedback seems to have no effect. Certain aspects of the product just will not work right no matter how we configure them.

Alissa
Sales in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best in class

Kommentare: My experience with barracuda email security Gateway has been nothing but positive

We spent a lot of time evaluating what service we wanted to use and we chose barracuda because it is one of the most reputable and best software titles on the market. We were highly pleased with the services which is why we are loyal customers now.

I don’t have a lot that I can say negatively about the software overall it’s very easy to use and we really appreciate the work they put into the product

Usman
Usman
Director IT in Kanada
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Barracuda Good Tool but User interface is outdated

Kommentare: Overall it is a good tool and has helped in controlling spam mails. Also. O365 component is valuable.

Barracuda is good SEG. Able to filter more than 70-80% spam mails. Full Email log is available for 30 days. Support is responsive however, diagnosing and troubleshooting skills are average

User interface is outdated. Lack new Look and Feel. Policy management process is manual. API integration is challenging. Also, logs older than 30days can be challenging, if an issue investigation is logs are required for more than 30 days. Had also experienced of email blocking by many sites because MX record matching issue.

Business Owner in USA
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Feels like you're getting more than you really are.

Kommentare: It was just okay. I enjoyed it at first, but eventually began to not so much. I have since discovered many many other better platforms.

The representatives and assigned IT staff are extremely nice and friendly.

Over time, less and less was happening and/or done both on the backend and the front.

Forrest
IT Systems Administrator in USA
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Barracuda Email Security Gateway - great product

Kommentare: Like I mentioned before, we have had good experiences with this product so far and would recommend to anyone looking to protect their email server to use this product, we use their additional products including Cloud-to-Cloud backups, and Incident Response, all of which work seamlessly with one another. I like how I don't have to use several vendors to protect and backup my email system.

My company was using this product when I started here over 5 years ago and still enjoy the same ease of use since I started, so far I have had very little issues with the product other than needing to adjust some of the inbound settings which were too strict and were not allowing legitimate email to be delivered to our domain. However the support techs were able to guide me through these adjustments and even recommended using MS Office 365 as it much more cleanly integrated with their products and have been happy with it ever since.

I don't really have any issues with it, most of what we encountered that was not working was able to be fixed with the help of their knowledgeable support staff.

Javier
President and CEO in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Next level security in the world of emails.

Kommentare: Get rid of threats and insecurities while handling emails at all levels. I am a witness.

The level of dependability on this software is amazing. I have always wanted assurance for Confidentiality on my work. Barracuda gave me a reason to trust it. I started using for my personal work after which I moved to deploying it at work place. The performance is outstanding.

Barracuda is outstanding. It is perfect. I have not experienced any major challenges.

Adam
IT Technician in Kanada
Baumaterial, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Industry Standard Email Protection and Filtering

Kommentare: It worked well for a while, and we had to get rid of it when the vendor stopped doing updates for our particular appliance. It did allow one critical exploit through, which hastened its replacement.

Extremely powerful, and for a time, frequently updated from vendor. Integrated nicely with Microsoft Exchange. Offered convenient end user features.

Very complex to setup. We required some more customization of communication that the product just couldn't do.

Manoj
AGM IT in Indien
Textilien, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Best email security getaway

Kommentare: If you have in house email server you must use it to protect your user.

We can use it with multiple domains there is no limitation.

Display of email log need more user friendly.

Max
Systems Administrator in USA
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Security and More!

Kommentare: Overall, the experience has been good, with very few exceptions. Everything you need is there, just spend the time to learn it and you will see the value.

One of my favorite features of the Barracuda Email Security Gateway is its features. For example, the Barracuda Email Security has many tools to allow your users to safely receive emails and also control the things that leave mailboxes. There are tools to control inbound and outbound settings, and in the background, security features that prevent malware from entering your domain. My favorite tool of this SaaS application is the flexibility you have to control inbound settings. Particularly speaking, I like how you can customize content policies. Things like regular expressions (regex) give a new perspective to content filtering. This means you can block templated emails that are used for phishing or malicious activity. Another Pro I consider is the visibility of emails. Barracuda gives you great insight on what's happening during the transmission of emails. You can clearly see what is being exchanged, why things are blocked or deferred or quarantined, email headers, and it gives you the ability to deliver emails regardless of classification - you have the control. Lastly, support is something I really liked. Have an issue with something? Need an explanation to some error or granular configuration question? They can help. I've had nothing but good interactions with support when I am stumped. Email security is a corporate standard and so should Barracuda!

There is one Con I will have to mention about this piece of good software. When you are subscribing to the Barracuda Essentials, make sure that you are aware of what comes with it. By default, Barracuda does a great job at blocking malicious emails BUT you will notice, as you continue to use it, that you will see phishing emails continue to pass through. They do have a separate component called "Sentinel" that does a really good job at blocking these emails based on AI. This may be a problem for you if only have the Essential package. This would mean that you'll be relying on writing regex to block phishing emails that slip through the cracks. These emails come from Gmail, so you can't simply block Gmail without also affecting legitimate correspondence (IE. recruiters may accept resumes from Gmail.).

Katy
Hospital Manager in USA
Tierarzt, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

USED THIS FOR 10 Plus YEARS

Kommentare: Many fewer pieces of junk mail in my outlook software!

most junk mail never makes it to outlook, I can still review all the junk mail that comes through in case the wrong thing got categorized as junk. Easy to change it to deliver to my mail box, or delete. Easy to view it to determine if it is junk. NEW FEATURE at the bottom of the list of junk, just select, delete all shown mail. I do this for all my reception desk email. They have about 35-50 pieces of junk mail a day. I can pull a single piece of mail out, deliver it then delete the rest in a snap

they used to be slow to pull up, so I would hit delete on one piece of mail and ignore it for a little while opened in my browser until it loaded, that has really improved in the last few weeks. Also if you leave it open and ignore it after a period of time it logs you out so you have to go to the original and hit the link again. Truly minor for the headaches it clears for me. I receive 100+ emails a day I HAVE to read, eliminating a bunch really helps.

Lisa
Company Director in UK
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

If You Need Security for Your Email, Read This

Kommentare: Overall, I am very happy with the security that Barracuda provides. With the ability for me to ultimately choose whether that incoming email is spam or not, also provides me with peace of mind, knowing that the computer won't be making decisions for me.

I love how the software seamlessly integrates with my mailbox, so that on the off-chance that I do get some spam mail, or malicious mail, Barracuda immediately notifies me. More importantly, It is me that makes the final call on what the status of the email is, which adds a layer of customization to my inbox that other competitors may not provide.

There have been multiple times I have received emails from clients which have been marked as malicious or spam, which I then have to filter through as just standard emails. Having to jump over to another window to fix a simple mistake multiple times has been kind of a headache.

Sanoj
Senior Systems Engineer in Sri Lanka
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Per User Qurantine.

Kommentare: 99% Spam email block by Barracuda Email Security Gateway and 99.9% attachment also blocked. That is a benefit for us. The reason is Before reached our network that mail block by a cloud layer.

I like per user quarantine feature. That feature we can use protect our organization reason is we can quarantine unwanted email.Then users easy access the quarantine email and easy realize there mail box. Easy to deploy existing email solution.

Global Quarantine must improve reason is when we received quarantine mail that mail delivered quarantine mail box and when we check message log that mail stutas delived. That should be change not delived. That is easy for administrator.

Blake
Blake
Ecommerce Product Manager in USA
Metallabbau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

No News is Good News

Kommentare: Great anti-spyware software that runs unobtrusively in the background. Most antispyware software that runs in the background really slows things down and causes latency. Barracuda provides a smooth experience.

It definitely works like it's supposed to. Each day we get a summary of all of the spam emails that we received and most were malicious in nature. Very few false positives get stuck through the filter!

I didn't purchase it, but I hear it's not really the economical option. We maintain sensitive engineering prints and this level of security is essentially a requirement to win some contracts.

Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Barracuda Email Security Gateway's Empowering Secure Communication

I'm particularly drawn to Barracuda Email Security Gateway's ability to transform our inbox into a fortress. Its precision in filtering out even the sneakiest threats is truly impressive. Moreover, the personalized control it offers and the prompt assistance available ensure our peace of mind in a digital world filled with risks.

From my perspective, the initial setup complexity of Barracuda Email Security Gateway was a bit challenging. While its accuracy is commendable, occasional false positives caused minor disruptions. The resource usage also raised concerns.

Jill
Principal in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Spam Firewall

Kommentare: It allows you to review the spam before it is deleted

I like that the software will allow you to view without opening the email within you system. This makes it easy to find out if it is phishing or not. I also like the whitelist feature that will allow you to let them know if an email should come to your inbox or not.

You only receive an email once a day about spam mail. If something is really important that could be in your spam box, you must wait to see if it is there or not.

Fabrizio
IT Desktop Support in Kanada

Easy to use admin portal and great customer service

Anything to do with Barracuda will have quick and knowledgeable support team This product works great filtering out spam and unwanted emails Allows for users to manage their own whitelist/blacklist

This product has not given us any issues since we implemented it 3 years ago The Outlook Add-On is a nice feature allow us to submit samples of spam emails directly to Barracuda for analysis

Elizabeth Michelle
Admin Assistant in Spanien
Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Importance of Barracuda Email Security Gateway

Kommentare: It has protected the organization from malware and spam email effects, contributing to overall security.

1. I am secure from cyber attacks.2. With this Barracuda Email Security Gateway, I feel safe working online.3. Spam emails are automatically filtered, so I don't have to worry about them.4. Simple to use5. You can try a free version before you buy.6. It is frequently updated, which makes it more secure.

1. It occasionally flags emails that are not spam, which is inconvenient.

Larry
IT Director in USA
Automotive, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Barracuda Email Security Gateway

Kommentare: Our users immediately commented how much less junk mail they were receiving, so if they are happy, IT is happy.

The filtering has been very accurate with simply using the default settings. Additional configurations are easy to make and reporting is very robust.

This solution is geared for larger organizations, so it may not make cost sense for a smaller business.

Logistik & Lieferkette, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Barracuda

Kommentare: Overall experience has been good with Barracuda. I do wish there was a way to stay logged in so you could just accept/deliver right from your email screen.

Barracuda is for the most part an easy to navigate system. In my experience, Barracuda is set up to block unsecure email/email addresses from coming to my inbox, sort of like a Spam blocker. Barracuda then sends an email alert to my inbox showing the email address and subject line that has been blocked. You can choose to click "deliver" if you want to access the message and it takes to the log in page. From there, you sign in to your account, click "deliver" and within a couple minutes the blocked email will arrive in your inbox.

With ANY Email Security that I've ever used, there's still some Spam messages that make it through, luckily these are usually very easy to detect.

Angie
Executive Administrative Assistant in USA
Automotive, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Barracuda Email Security Gateway Review

Kommentare: I have had a good experience with Barracuda. I have not had any malware.

I like that I can go to Manage Quarantine and whitelist the email that I want to receive. It is user friendly.

It doesn't block all of the foreign spam from getting through to my email. I feel like it should when it is in another language.

Guy
IT Director in USA
Automotive, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

stops 99.9% of all spam for our company

Kommentare: makes my job and the security of our company easy.

Ease of operation and great support. regular visits from Barracuda as well as wonderful phone support

i cannot think of a single issue we have had that was not handled in a timely manner. Even when one of the appliances acted up there was another delivered within 8 hours.

Bob
Director Of Corporate Communications in USA
Biotechnologie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Pretty easy to use and fairly effective too

Kommentare: It works well behind the scenes without being too intrusive.

The ease of usability along with the fairly accurate screening makes it a decent solution for spam filtering.

Occasionally it is necessary to alter settings or tweak existing ones after a spate of new spam suddenly starts appearing

Gastgewerbe, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

It is OK

The UI of the appliance is very well designed, making it easy to navigate.

Barracuda misses a lot of spam, as well as falsely flags a lot of emails. I know that spammers get creative, but some things that should obviously get blocked instead get through.