Barracuda Email Security Gateway Erfahrungen

Über Barracuda Email Security Gateway

Umfassender Schutz vor E-Mail-basierten Bedrohungen

Erfahre mehr über Barracuda Email Security Gateway

Easy to use and effective at detecting and removing threats.

I can receive an email from the sar address and it will be blocked even though I moved a previous email in the whitelist.

Bewertungen zu Barracuda Email Security Gateway

Barracuda Email Security Gateway hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4.5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 134 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Alternativen für Barracuda Email Security Gateway

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie Barracuda Email Security Gateway bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Sergey M.
Sergey M.
Manager, Technology Infrastructure and Compliance in USA
Gastgewerbe, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great way to get a better control of your email

Kommentare: Much lighter load on my MS Exchange server, full control of all the incoming correspondence.

Set it and forget it solution for your email that will help you to significantly reduce amount of unwanted correspondence. Fully automated platform, automatic updates, self learning mechanism. Outstanding customer service and technical support, when you need them. One day I needed an urgent replacement of the unit, because mine broke. Replacement unit arrived in less than 24 hours! In addition, if you host your email in-house (MS Exchange for example), it will significanlty decrease load on your server, blocking all the unwanted messages BEFORE they his your mail server. Administration is very simple and flexible. You can create custom rules in addition to the automated scanning of inbound correspondence.

While automatic updates are convenient, there were a couple of instances, when the updates were corrupted, resulting in blocking all of my mail. Gladly, Barracuda technical support is always there for you, as I have mentioned. They were able to correct the problem within a couple of hours each time this happened.

Brian H.
Assistant Utilities Director in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Robust spam, virus, and phishing filtering appliance with a lot of options

Kommentare: Our overall experience has been excellent, and we have been using the product for over a decade. During this time, we have upgraded to the newest Barracuda ESG each time the platform has come up for review. Our experiences with their support team have been minimal, but excellent each time support has been needed. Their user forum has also been helpful when looking to configure rules to address ongoing campaigns, or with basic configuration questions. Firmware updates over the years have kept the platform up to date with new options and user tools.

Once fully configured, the platform is very reliable, resulting in few false-positives and blocking nearly all spam. The administrator interface is easy to use and allows for numerous ways to detect spam, with a lot of configurability. The user interface is easy to use, either through the web interface or the Outlook add-in. The hardware appliance and firmware is rock solid, requiring almost no ongoing maintenance except periodic updates.

The mail log view can be cumbersome when trying to analyze large numbers of incoming emails, and the log filtering cannot always be set to find precisely what you're looking for, particularly due to the lack of filtering/wildcard options. When it comes to spam detection, all rules are universal, so you can't apply just some rules to a subset of emails (such as based on user/sender/sending server), which for us sometimes results in false-positive blocking. Barracuda's live definition updating has been quick to respond to new spam campaigns and threats, which results in virtually no spam, virus, or phishing emails ever reaching our users.

Kristen M.
CFO in USA

Good, but not great, Spam Filter

Price is reasonable for what you get; interface is smooth; easy to use; support is very helpful. I think with more training some of the spam that is getting through could be cleaned up for my business. The firewall has many options and features. The interface is complex.

No content filter - this software filters inbound or outbound messages only. It definitely takes some time to adjust and customize.

Max S.
Systems Administrator in USA
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Security and More!

Kommentare: Overall, the experience has been good, with very few exceptions. Everything you need is there, just spend the time to learn it and you will see the value.

One of my favorite features of the Barracuda Email Security Gateway is its features. For example, the Barracuda Email Security has many tools to allow your users to safely receive emails and also control the things that leave mailboxes. There are tools to control inbound and outbound settings, and in the background, security features that prevent malware from entering your domain. My favorite tool of this SaaS application is the flexibility you have to control inbound settings. Particularly speaking, I like how you can customize content policies. Things like regular expressions (regex) give a new perspective to content filtering. This means you can block templated emails that are used for phishing or malicious activity. Another Pro I consider is the visibility of emails. Barracuda gives you great insight on what's happening during the transmission of emails. You can clearly see what is being exchanged, why things are blocked or deferred or quarantined, email headers, and it gives you the ability to deliver emails regardless of classification - you have the control. Lastly, support is something I really liked. Have an issue with something? Need an explanation to some error or granular configuration question? They can help. I've had nothing but good interactions with support when I am stumped. Email security is a corporate standard and so should Barracuda!

There is one Con I will have to mention about this piece of good software. When you are subscribing to the Barracuda Essentials, make sure that you are aware of what comes with it. By default, Barracuda does a great job at blocking malicious emails BUT you will notice, as you continue to use it, that you will see phishing emails continue to pass through. They do have a separate component called "Sentinel" that does a really good job at blocking these emails based on AI. This may be a problem for you if only have the Essential package. This would mean that you'll be relying on writing regex to block phishing emails that slip through the cracks. These emails come from Gmail, so you can't simply block Gmail without also affecting legitimate correspondence (IE. recruiters may accept resumes from Gmail.).

Tom M.
IT Director in USA
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Barracuda Email Security Has Teeth, but difficult to access

Kommentare: With the new M365 setup and the Barracuda Email Security in place, spam and other attacks in email have been avoided. The logic the Barracuda uses works well, the archiving is complete.

We moved from an in house Exchange 2007 Server with a SonicWall Email Security 5000 system attached. The Barracuda system is tough on spam and does just as good a job as the Sonicwall ES5000. The daily reports of spam stoppage may be set by the individual to hourly if they like. Easy end user release of documents, and whitelisting specific Addresses.

The archive is rough. The search features are weak and cumbersome, and are actually difficult for most people to use. Admin searches produces too much information in the results. Compared to Mail Store we were on before this for Archiving, Barracuda Archiving is lagging way behind in user interface functions.

Ebrahim F.
Ebrahim F.
Software Developer in Südafrika

Secure and Powerful

When it comes to email security, Barracuda certainly is the right tool. A small, lightweight appliance that handles not only scanning of emails, it also does traffic routing and monitoring and gives you detailed reports about the health of your environment. Barracuda has an up-to-date database of IBL addresses, as well as advanced virus scanning built-in. Definitions are updated automatically as they come out, so you don't need any manual intervention. Firmware updates are also automatic, so it pretty much takes car of itself. Everything is manageable through and easy to use Web Interface, which lets you blacklist, whitelist, track delivery, run reports and so much more. Honestly though, the only time you really need to log into the console is to check on a blacklisted address, which is very rarely. You do get your occasional false-positive and even rarer false-negative, but it happens so rarely that I really find it insignificant. In terms of reliability, I have found that the Barracuda hardly needs to be rebooted(Maybe once a year, if even) and quickly comes back online and continues what it does best.

I honestly don't have anything I dislike about the Barracuda. It works and works well. Aside from email security, I have used it as a traffic router and proxy server and a NAT firewall, so I really find nothing wrong with it

Asst Branch Mgr in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Filters out all the bad stuff

Kommentare: Well, it does keep you safe! It does what it's supposed to.

I never get spam emails in my inbox. No phishing. It does what it is supposed to do and keeps your email safe. We also used for browser security it was savage blocking you from most non work sites

Sometimes it was too good blocking sites we actually needed to visit for lending purposes. Also occasionally emails from customers with attachments wouldn't come through without jumping through s lot if hoops

Andrew J.
Andrew J.
Managing Attorney in USA
Anwaltskanzlei

No problems after 4 years

Barracuda seems to do a fine job filtering out at least the obvious threats. I haven't had any major problems with it in the 4+ years my company has used it.

It does not detect phishing emails very well. I would think it would be able to see that an email had certain traits, like being non-personalized, very short, containing a link, and sent from a Russian email address and filter it, but I don't think it can do that.

Arthur H.
Arthur H.
Systems Engineer in USA
11-50 Mitarbeiter

We use this for all of our email and our customers hosted email

it is pretty effective at reducing spam The blacklists and whitelists are easy to modify It is easy to manage several different domains Support is really good

The appliance can be slow when looking through spam history It can be a bit difficult to figure out why exactly something was blocked. The filter levels can be a little confusing

Zyren christian D.
Zyren christian D.
It Support Specialist in Philippinen

Barracuda Email Security Gateway Review

Barracuda Email Security gateway enables our company mailboxes secured. Advanced email threat filtering is one of the things that I liked, just to mention there's a lot of other features that is so helpful specially IDS, IPS, encryption, and many more.

So far we don't have any issues with the use of this Barracuda product.

Peter G.
Transport Coordinator in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

If you want secure Emails, This is for You.

I worked in the hospital transport system during a time where electronic orders were becoming more and more necessary as patient census was up and the need for rapid and efficient transport was needed. One of the biggest security risks in any hospital database is patient information. With the increase of enforcement of HIPA and the frequent JACO inspections, emailing patient information in an unsecured way was not tolerated by hospital institutions. Barracuda would allow us to encrypt patient information in a secure format so it would be near impossible for the information to be intercepted by an unwanted party. I appreciated the ease of use as both the sender and the receiver of messages. While having received more messages then I have sent, you would receive an email with nearly no information on it other than the senders name, a link to an encrypted web page where you would log in and receive the message. At this point you also had an opportunity to reply to the message with the same type of security. This is an A+++ program and is essential to anyone in healthcare dealing with sensitive patient information.

I do not have much to say in regards to what I did not like about the software. The only thing I could think of was that it did slow down message exchange but was worth the security for the patient.

Deputy Manager in Pakistan
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

An effective email security gateway with Easy to use Interface.

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Over experience is very good. Barracuda is heavily focused on their email security platform and are improving it continuously. we are using their products for more than 5 years and very much satisfied with their offerings.

The administration of Barracuda is very easy and straight forward. Configuring and setting up the device is quite easy. The security features are quite effective and practical. It keeps the spam and malicious emails out. Reporting is also quite functional but can be improved a bit. Customer service is also efficient and resolves the problem in decent time frame, with great follow up.

The Barracuda email gateway user interface is somewhat lagging when under some load. They have improved it some what and the lagging has reduced to a bearable degree but room for improvement is there. Customer support is great technically, but their accent is some time very difficult to understand, although I am from the same region, but even then face this problem.

Katy J.
Hospital Manager in USA
Tierarzt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

USED THIS FOR 10 Plus YEARS

Kommentare: Many fewer pieces of junk mail in my outlook software!

most junk mail never makes it to outlook, I can still review all the junk mail that comes through in case the wrong thing got categorized as junk. Easy to change it to deliver to my mail box, or delete. Easy to view it to determine if it is junk. NEW FEATURE at the bottom of the list of junk, just select, delete all shown mail. I do this for all my reception desk email. They have about 35-50 pieces of junk mail a day. I can pull a single piece of mail out, deliver it then delete the rest in a snap

they used to be slow to pull up, so I would hit delete on one piece of mail and ignore it for a little while opened in my browser until it loaded, that has really improved in the last few weeks. Also if you leave it open and ignore it after a period of time it logs you out so you have to go to the original and hit the link again. Truly minor for the headaches it clears for me. I receive 100+ emails a day I HAVE to read, eliminating a bunch really helps.

Bryan B.
Network Administrator in USA
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Good mail security solution

Kommentare: e-mail is probably the largest threat vector we deal with. We've been using Barracuda for a number of years to protect our company and have great success protecting our desktops from receiving e-mails with Malware and bad links. Phishing attacks are hard for any protection service to adjust to and I feel Barracuda has done a great job taking care of us. Good support with expertise technicians have always made it easy to resolve any problems I was unable to resolve myself.

Solid mail security solution. Works great in protecting our domain from the barrage of mail we get each day. Tons of features including the ability to adjust how tight we want to scrutinize incoming mail. Easy to work with regarding reviewing and releasing captured e-mail and Spam tagging. Very customizable for adjusting protection

Takes time for items tagged as SPAM to propagate and protect from similar e-mails coming in

Michael L.
Staff Training & Development Manager in USA
Bankwesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Keeping your company safe (and less annoyed by spam)

Kommentare: If you want to protect you company from potential malicious emails and spam, Barracuda should be at the top of your list. It is a breeze to maintain and use. I can’t recommend it enough!

It works without having to think about it. Once it’s set up, you (and your employees) don’t have to do much. You simply receive and email that contains a digest of the emails that were blocked. If an employee wants to view it or whitelist it so that future emails come directly to them, they can do so with 1 or 2 clicks. It’s that easy!

I really can’t nitpick on this one too much. It does what it is supposed to do. It would be nice if the digest email contained a snippet or picture of the email so you could quickly determine if you needed it or not, but that might be a security issue so I can’t complain.

Bob J.
IT Director in USA

Works very well at blocking and quarantining email spam.

Kommentare: An easy way to filter email spam and viruses, while proving whitelisting and blacklisting of specific users and domains.

Fairly easy to administer. easy to check if email from a specific user or domain is being blocked so it can be whitelisted. Blacklisting email from a specific user or domain is also easily done. We subscribe to Barracuda Energize Updates, which checks the Barracuda corporate site for the latest spam and virus rules, and automatically installs them on our Barracuda. Telephone tech support has been great at solving a couple random issues and with very quick response times.

Required some advanced initial setup configuration by a local Barracuda reseller. Have not really had any major issues with our unit.

IT Manager in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Expensive product, when it works, it works well, beware when it does not.

Kommentare: It was a replacement for a Cisco Spam Blocker/Ironport device. As far as a replacement, it works when it works.

It's easy to deploy, and once deployed it is a standalone device that works as the filter. No resource drag on your other systems.

The hardware it sits on has issues. The first device I received would periodically freeze and had to be manually powered off and then on. There is no warning when it happens and there is no pattern. After several rounds with the tech support, they sent me a replacement. The second one doesn't freeze but sometimes will hold a bunch of emails in queue and not process them for no particular reason. Seems to have something to do with their energize updates eating up all the system's resources.

Accounting Manager, Operations Admin & Webinar Producer in USA

Protect your server like no other, it works like a charm!

We've had a Barracuda box for 10+ years and no other appliance nor software could match its performance. One, it was truly plug and play (unlike others). Two, their support/consultants are extremely helpful. Three, the comprehensive layers of protection are in a class of their own. There are many other reasons to list regarding what I like but those three alone are what make Barracuda our leading solution for defense.

No cons to list. However, if you're sending spam yourself - your efforts won't even come through as tests. That may be a problem for some but it's more of a personal issue due to their own marketing practices. You'll get what you paid for!

Sanoj F.
Senior Systems Engineer in Sri Lanka

Per User Qurantine.

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: 99% Spam email block by Barracuda Email Security Gateway and 99.9% attachment also blocked. That is a benefit for us. The reason is Before reached our network that mail block by a cloud layer.

I like per user quarantine feature. That feature we can use protect our organization reason is we can quarantine unwanted email.Then users easy access the quarantine email and easy realize there mail box. Easy to deploy existing email solution.

Global Quarantine must improve reason is when we received quarantine mail that mail delivered quarantine mail box and when we check message log that mail stutas delived. That should be change not delived. That is easy for administrator.

Lynn S.
Technology Innovator in USA

Okay experience with the spam firewall

Kommentare: It protects your email users from outside attacks and spam, but it really has been the same product for 10+ years, and I get better false positives using other open source anti-spam products today.

Easy to use. Enjoy the product flexibility with both public and private cloud products to protect both public and private cloud email servers. Supports non-Barracuda black and white lists as well. Has both virtual and physical solutions. Great technical support.

Physical and virtual appliances are expensive, but the spam and virus definitions subscription fees are the normal costs. They really have not improved the product much, and the email encryption is something that needs work (not easy to use).

Brittany T.
Administrative Assistant in USA
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Barracuda for Email Security

Kommentare: Very simple, efficient form of email security. Great way to keep unwanted spam and potentially harmful emails from your inbox.

We use Barracuda for Email Security to keep spam and viruses from our mailbox. In my experience, it has been very easy to view which emails are being blocked. Barracuda will send a preview of the blocked email showing the sender and allow you view the email in their system to see if it is something you want to be allowed into your mailbox. This software saved our company from various email threats and spam and our IT manager would be sure to let everyone know which emails to look out for!

There were times emails would be blocked that we actually needed to come through, but as long as you are paying attention to the emails from Barracuda this shouldn't be a problem.

Sales and Marketing Manager in Bangladesch
501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

It is the best spam firewall I have ever used.

Kommentare: It filters and prevents data leak. It shields against email threats. It prevents threats from affecting the network. It safeguards sensitive data. It really simple to use.

It is a very user friendly and secured software. The authority gives updates frequently. It protects from common spam and viruses with cloud-based service that filters messages before they even arrive to the system's firewall.

It is a bit expensive for mass users. Barracuda does not block suspicious emails entirely rather sends them to a quarantine folder. Individual users can access quarantined email, which opens them up to the possibility of accidentally clicking on spam or downloading a virus.

Nasir khan ن.
Senior Manager System – Microsoft in Pakistan
Logistik & Lieferkette, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Awesome Email Security !

Kommentare: Before purchasing Barracuda Email Security Gateway our 4 to 5 mailboxes on Office 365 Cloud were blocked on daily basis. Then we re-route inbound traffic from Office 365 Cloud to Barracuda Email Security Gateway, now all threats filtered out before reaching emails on Office 365 Cloud. Single Sign On (SSO) and deployment of Encrypted SSL are very likely features of this product.Multi Domain integration also supported by Barracuda. Another feature is its energizer updates, specially when Barracuda subscription expires its worked fine. Lot of other superb feature are bundled with this product.

1. Cloud-based service that pre-filters messages before they even arrive to the system’s firewall. 2. Instead of blocking suspicious emails entirely, Barracuda sends them to a quarantine folder. 3. Fastest process of Large Emails Queue. 4. In-Depth Email logs. 5. It working fine with Hybrid Exchange 365 as inbound and outbound virtual appliance. 6. Its integration Single Sign On (SSO) feature that integrate Barracuda with Active Directory.

Its physical appliance licensing cost is very high instead of virtual appliance.

Human Resources Specialist in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Security for your email like no other

It is a trusted software for us which keeps our emails safe and separates junk emails from important emails. An amazing feature is the possibility to scan through junk emails at the end of the day in case an important email gets mixed up with junk ones. Tech support has been great as well, response was fast and concise.

Some important emails have been ending up in my junk mail for a few times already. I have made it a habit to check my junk mails in order for me to not lose any important emails. I hope that updates can fix this problem, it is really a bit bothersome.

Blake B.
Blake B.
Ecommerce Product Manager in USA
Metallabbau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

No News is Good News

Kommentare: Great anti-spyware software that runs unobtrusively in the background. Most antispyware software that runs in the background really slows things down and causes latency. Barracuda provides a smooth experience.

It definitely works like it's supposed to. Each day we get a summary of all of the spam emails that we received and most were malicious in nature. Very few false positives get stuck through the filter!

I didn't purchase it, but I hear it's not really the economical option. We maintain sensitive engineering prints and this level of security is essentially a requirement to win some contracts.