Über StarChapter

Vereins-Management-Software für freiwillige Vorstandsmitglieder, die Zeit und Geld sparen wollen!

Erfahre mehr über StarChapter

The customer support and knowledge base are fantastic.

Too many pros to list here but this box is requiring more characters . . . it doesn't integrate with any other tools, the website design options are incredibly limited, outdated and stale looking.

Bewertungen zu StarChapter

3,7
3,8

StarChapter hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 610 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du StarChapter bereits verwendet?

Mary

Jacoby
Jacoby
Chapter President in USA

StarChapter for Non-Profit Organizations

Kommentare: Starchapter has saved our organization a lot of money by reducing the subscriptions we had into one program. Setting up the website was easy to do with the SC support team, there were a few add-ons that we didn't anticipate that cost a little bit more, but we still saved hundreds by switching to StarChapter. Our organization is super excited to enhance our online presence with our members and sponsors through StarChapter!

StarChapter combines a lot of separate programs we previously used into one easy to access program. It manages email forwarders, displays sponsors logos on our website, and automatically updates based off of when the sponsor has paid through. StarChapter also allows us to setup email templates that are automatically sent to new or lapsed members which eliminates the need for our membership chair to constantly have to remember to check our rosters and compare them month to month.

The administration side of the website turned out to be a little more challenging than we originally expected. Some of the functions and website design aren't as intuitive as we would have liked and has required additional training for the less tech savvy members on our board.

vor 2 Monaten

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we appreciate your feedback.

Forrest
Webmaster in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Good integrated system

Kommentare: StarChapter has streamlined our website management with its extensive proprietary integration. Although they have just raised their prices, it is still a reasonable value and the simplest way for us to pull all of our functions together.

We went with StarChapter because it integrates website, membership management and email into one system. StarChapter is based on WordPress, which makes for easier learning for users already familiar with WordPress. Event management is a plus. There's an extensive knowledgebase for help and StarChapter support department is very responsive.

1. The system is so feature rich that there is a substantial learning curve to master the full capabilities. 2. Although webpage editing is based on WordPress' block editor, the content editing and navigation editing is a bit clunky. Fortunately, there is a source code (HTML) option, but StarChapter inserts additional tags based on its CSS. 3. The elimination of 3rd party payment processors in favor of its proprietary (and extra cost) StarPay system means we have to use payment links to the processor instead of keeping everything within StarChapter.

vor 2 Monaten

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it as it helps us improve our offerings.

Denice
Administrative Assistant in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

VASHRM Review

3,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

The ease of tracking current members, maintaining conference attendees and payments for these things.

It is not very user friendly. Nothing is simple. I can't just go to one place to do what I need to do, there are other steps that are critical to do before I can do what I need to. I frequently don't know what those steps are, it is not obvious. The knowledge base is not at all helpful. If I don't use words that the search will pick up on, I don't get the information I need. I frequently get results that have nothing to do with what I need. A lot of my members have problems making credit card payments.

vor 2 Monaten

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you need additional training, please reach out to our team and we will schedule that for you.

Logan
Vice President of Strategic Development in USA

Great Value

Kommentare: I've worked with Star Chapter since 2010. They have been responsive, easy to work with and great to problem solve with. I like the ease of use for my staff as well as our volunteers that want to dig in on the admin side. We have about 20 clients on the platform which allows all of our staff to work on something in StarChapter. We are able to enhance other websites based on new features we see or something a client asks for on one we can implement for others. They have been a great partner.

For an affordable price, your association can host their website and manage it easily. It has all of the features needed where you don't have to have 1000 platforms and systems to manage and keep track of logins for.

The biggest complaint I hear is that the meeting registration has one to two too many pages to click through vs. being a one page sign up. That would be a great feature to enhance.

Scott
Treasurer & Web/Social Media Committee in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Room to grow from Good to Great

Kommentare: We like the website front and back end management. We like the calendaring. We like event management, although it can be improved. The webstore is generally good, but would be much better with financial integration and a more standard order to ship process flow and functionality; i.e., bundling. E-mail communications are good; however, e-mail address flagging and rectifying is AWFUL, and we strongly disagree with StarChapter's interpretation of the regulations.

StarChapter offers good functionality and management for an affordable price. It puts our website and association management into the cloud, where it belongs, and doesn't require a high degree of tech savvy to manage the site or our day-to-day activity.

The lack of a financial interface is PAINFUL, and it has resulted in higher than usual external accounting expense to make sense of what we do.

letztes Jahr

Elaine
Corporate & Regulatory Compliance Officer in USA
Bankwesen, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

StarChapter is helping us to succeed!

They easy elements of communications, setting up events and sign-up of membership.

It is difficult to see what type of membership is for each person and how much they paid and what they paid. There is no integration for webinars! Adding contacts is also limited and makes it difficult to email all potential leads. Also you should have an app that allows easy QR checkins for attendees. What about a program attached to your meeting that issues certificates that can be easily emailed to the participant.

Stephanie
Stephanie
System Administrator in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

A comprehensive chapter Management Solution

Kommentare: It has significantly improved our chapter's efficiency in managing memberships, events, and communications. The consolidated platform has made our administrative tasks more streamlined and accessible.

StarChapter offers a comprehensive solution for chapter management, making it a go-to for association leaders. The membership management features are robust, providing seamless tracking of member data, event registrations, and communication.

Customization options for the website design could be more extensive. While the provided templates are functional, more flexibility in design elements would be appreciated.

Glenn
President in Kanada
Hausmeisterservice, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Perfect product for non-profits

Kommentare: Fantastic! We were looking to rebuild and rebrand our website several years ago and I was informed of the product by IFMA International. $50/month is way better than $10,000 to develop and implement a web page.

The ease of use and support that we need

There's nothing that we don't like! It fits perfectly with our needs and budget

Christine
Christine
VP Finance in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to Use

Easy to use, works well with payment processers, integrates well with APICS Corporate to pull in member information in a timely manner

The Lite version has limited functionality. Help documents do not apply as they are written for other non-Lite versions. Spend way too much time trying to find some parts for updating the site.

Antwort von Star Chapter

Thank you for your feedback. We are always expanding our Knowledgebase. If you have any suggestions, we'd love to get your input. Please enter a support ticket so our team can work on it.

Kim
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

TCEL

Kommentare: Without a consultant to help with the process it would have been more difficult.

I had used it before. Not sure what else you want me to say.

The email system, it is the worst part of the system. the new system is very un-user friendly.

Ana
Tiefbau, Selbstständig

Major upgrade for me!

Kommentare: Overall, this is an exceptional software with supportive customer service and knowledge base library.

I love the fact that everything is in one software. I used to have to use multiple ones and now I have everything in one, easy to use, functional place. The membership tracking, the payment processing and ease of website updates are amazing.

There is limited customization after a certain point. If the field hasn't already been created then in some cases you cannot create it. Some things cannot be made mandatory and there is a limited way of filtering member reports.

RaeAnn
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Star Chapter is the best ASM system!

Kommentare: Great public website that allows online meeting registration.

Love the ease of ease and the professional facing website and features. Star Chapter customer service is wonderful to work with.

I honestly do not have any. Wonderful software for the price. Has paid for itself in removing the tedious administrative tasks as well as the human error mistakes.

Dave
Forensic Accountant in USA
Buchhaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Room for improvement, but outstanding product & service

Kommentare: The ACFE has 188 chapters world wide. I'm the Vice President of the San Diego Chapter and a member of our National Leadership Council of 12. I'm asked routinely throughout the US about StarChapter and sing your praises for the outstanding job you do. In hindsight, I'm hoping StarChapter does get the opportunity to begin showing signs of growth and maturity in their website platform and processes. I'm saying this from a truly humble place myself as I've just taken our own local chapter from 26 members (7 of which were board members) to now over 100 by biting the bullet and making the changes necessary to move us forward.

Although there's much room for improvement in certain functionalities, StarChapter provides an outstanding product & service and their tech support staff has always been extremely professional and well versed in all things website maintenance.

1) Somehow your organization needs to find the budget for true novice to intermediate tech support to handle incoming calls, assisting with the rudimentary or emergency items. Currently, Customer Service Agents solely manning the phones to either set up Tech Support Tickets or redirect customers to go online followed by a 24 – 48 hour wait time for an initial response. By the time the client receives their email answer or online chat meeting, it could be 3-6 business days later in total. Remember, your client’s bottom line is priority #1. If there’s a problem with either of the following (to name a few), you’ve just caused your client unnecessary setback and frustration: • A problem with their payment gateway connection. • A problem with their membership or event registration processing correctly • A problem with email blasts going out correctly 2) Update your website portal to include proper “how to” instructions. I'm sure you feel you’ve already done so but 80-90% of the time, this is not the case for those clients that are self-doers. 3) For 3 years I’ve been working with StarChapter and must have suggested at least a dozen good suggestions for your website engineers to create/fix and still have not seen the changes produced. I’ve even offered to pay out of pocket for these changes and yet still no further action is available.

Debbie
Chapter President/webmaster in USA
Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great integrated product

Kommentare: I've had a great experience with StarChapter.

BEST:An integrated website, membership database, calendar/event schedule, event registration.The ability for other admins with different levels of access. The knowledge base.The ability to design the page content and event emails using html or wysiwyg. Document storage for meeting minutes.Tech support is very helpful.Registration list viewable to attendees.

REQUESTS: #1 The ability to print out or pdf a professional-looking directory for those wanting to save it offline. #2 There needs to be a customizable .ics calendar-type feature that users can download once registered that includes the full description of the event, Zoom instructions, etc. #3 Include the calendar entries in the event list to have a single calendar and event listing. #4 In surveys, the ability to choose more than one checkbox option.#5 The ability to edit the Registration "receipt" template (and why is it needed if there is a registration confirmation template?)#6 The ability to incorporate meeting photo galleries in different parts of the website other than the home page slider. #7 Better sharing link to Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram. #8 A separate database section for business partner sponsors with access options.

Shannon
Board Of Directors in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Star Chapter for a small Professional Organization

Kommentare: Overall, it has improved MANY of our organizational functions. We can manage our membership much better, find the meeting functionality to be a vast improvement over what we were doing and it does help us manage our finances better. As we have no paid staff, maintaining does seem to fall to one or two volunteers, which is going to get old. The is more of an organizational issue though. I would recommend the program for people like me that have a basic tech savvy, as overall it is easy to use. I find the online support database to be far too basic and at the same time hard to find information, so I tend to send in customer support requests a lot and they are excellent in that type of support.

I liked that they provided the initial set-up and conversion from our previous web-site. I like that over-all it is easy to manage the site and to update content. Please note that I do NOT have an IT background and learned everything from scratch. We are looking at an organizational name change, so it will be interesting to see if I still hold this view once I tackle that project. I have always had great customer support when I have a question, even when I pose something that the program can't do.

It is not intuitive for someone that doesn't have skills in web design. I have to research and learn new options, not just pick them up along the way. I find some of the finance and accounting functions too basic, as well as only a basic reporting functionality. There also don't seem interested in updating and adding functionality, just maintaining what they have.

Francesca
VP of Operations in USA

My Review

Kommentare: As noted in my previous comments, overall there is a great value to the software but I am worried that myself and my clients will need to start looking to other products to service our need if some feature enhancements don't start being created. It seems like the product is stagnant.

I like the ease of use and connectedness of all of the software segments. The product also gives a lot of functions for the price which makes it an easy sell to our clients from a value standpoint.

Some items are clunky and not as nimble as they could be. I also feel like starchapter has stopped developing enhancements or improvements outside of the website templates that they sell for a fee. I would like to see more robust reporting or the ability to build ad hoc reports, enhanced functionality on the events with regards to promo codes/discounts, adjusting registrant information/substitutions, and more robust functionality with the eblasting system.

Antwort von Star Chapter

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it as it helps us improve our product. We are sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulty with the reports and some of the functionality. If you could please enter a support ticket, our team will get in touch with you to get more information.

Delyce
President in USA
Personalwesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Review of StarChapter

Kommentare: This has really brought our organization to a one-stop shop. We had files everywhere, and when people would drop off the board, sometimes we lost information. This allows us to keep it in one place and make the transfer easier for the Chapter.

It's a total package for our membership organization. It allows one program that can be easily transferred to the new board each year. No need to have separate files.

Some of the areas for managing the website are not easy to find, but once you have done it a few times, it starts to get easier. It would be nice to see what the regular member sees when adding items.It's hard to get everyone on the board together to train. Individual training is fine, but it is more beneficial together.It would be nice to have a calendar that members could pull up by month and see the upcoming events. And allow us to add events to the calendar that aren't specific to our chapter but interest our members.

Rachel
Marketing Specialist in USA
Bau, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Overpromised, Underdelivered, But great for all in one use

Kommentare: My overall experience is that it is a great one stop shop, but the cons outweigh the pros.

Starchapter is a great tool if you want everything housed in one place. It is truly a one stop shop. We use this for chapter website, registrations, member management, email forwarders, etc. It is nice to not have to keep up with a ton of different logins and passwords for different things.

Custom creation is difficult in this software. We were overpromised, and the delivery was not near what we were assured. Customer service is also barely helpful. We get a lot of "we can't do that, but we will tell someone so maybe we can do it eventually."

Meghann
Office Manager in USA
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good for small associations that don't need much

Kommentare: We are not happy with the software. It worked for a while, but the lack of organizational opportunities of the software make it extremely complicated for no apparent reason.

The layout of the software is fairly easy to navigate.

The Corporate Member Manager feature is extremely under developed - so much so that customer support doesn't even know how it works. Most of the features are this way as well, making it extremely difficult for admin users.

Antwort von Star Chapter

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could please enter a support ticket, we'll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

Alicia
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Worthy of review

Kommentare: My overall experience is best described as challenging because the interface is not intuitive and this characterization would also apply to others in our organization. Nearly everyone complains that the back-end is not user-friendly.

The best aspect of StarChapter is that it is an all-in-one platform to create and track event registrations and memberships while also enabling us to send emails to our database.

The list of items that I like least include two aspects: membership sign-ups or renewals that get hung-up as pending because the payment didn't go thru, yet the system sends out a notification that there is a new member which suggests everything is good to go. This has necessitated a multi-step process where we have to vet each membership transaction. To help alleviate this problem, we have requested the ability for automatic renewals which is not available at this time. Additionally, the back-end of SC is not very intuitive or user-friendly which means it's challenging to become proficient.

Antwort von Star Chapter

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it as it helps us improve our product. Our team got in touch with you to provide any necessary help. Let us know if you need anything else.

Kimberly
Ceo in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Extremely difficult to use, but also cost effective

Kommentare: It is an incredibly frustrating site to use (and I have developed sites myself) but if you want an integrated database (again difficult to use), credit card processor and website at low cost, StarChapter fits the bill.

You cannot beat the cost- we choose it because it is inexpensive and if you are trying to save money StarChapter will help you with that.

It is very difficult to use. Everything requires multiple non-intuitive steps. It is almost impossible to get the site to look the way you want. It is supposed to be WYSIWYG- but is not. The leading is always off and you never get what you expect when making changes. I have had professional developers and designers try to help make the site look the way I want, but even they have thrown up their hands in disgust.

Antwort von Star Chapter

Thank you for posting a review, we would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you could please enter a support ticket, we'll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

Carla
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

User Friendly for Anyone

I like being able to edit any portion of the software at any time. I like that it is a word-friendly software to make the text appealing as well as being able to add images. I also like the payment portal; setting up the customer ticket options gives you the ability to make items required during a registration of an event.

At this time, the only item I do not find easy to navigate through are the reports. The reports are not easy to build or customize for each event. I tend to have to make an extra step in my process to match the entries.

Antwort von Star Chapter

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it as it helps us improve our product. We are sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulty with the reports. If you could please enter a support ticket, our team will get in touch with you to get more information.

Tracey
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

My Experience with Starchapter

Kommentare: I came in on this after it was set up and in StarChapter's defense it was set up poorly; however, there seems to be no easy way to fix it and it is still so rigid you damn near have to be a programmer to realize its true functionality and when you are a small organization you just do not have the time. If StarChapter had a program where they did all your set up and maintenance and changes it would be much better. Also the email is ugly should be more like Constant Contact.

There is a robust backend; however, it is not easy at all and very rigid.

Help is difficult to find and our members hate our website.

Antwort von Star Chapter

Thank you for your feedback, we always strive to respond to support tickets as fast as possible. You can contact StarChapter's Support Advisors during regular office hours by opening a support ticket through the 24/7 live ticket administrators or our ticketing system built into your StarChapter software. We also provide weekly live training as well as online tutorials and instructions. We will also be releasing an update to the communication functionality and templates soon.

Melissa
Traffic Engineer in USA
Tiefbau, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Works well for general purpose use but starts to crack at the edges

Kommentare: Overall the experience has been mostly positive. I wish StarChapter would make more of an effort to incorporate a few small enhancement requests I've made, mainly allowing users to select the time zone of a meeting when setting one up.

StarChapter is easy to use once you get over the initial learning curve and there are a lot of resources provided to help with setup. Our website works well for most purposes and is easy to update and manage.

StarChapter does not seem to handle special use cases very well. Our organization spans several time zones but meetings can only be set in the time zone of the administrator. The platform cannot process payments from outside our country which creates some issues for us as well as people from Canada regularly come to our events.

Kristen
Marketing Consultant in USA
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

Mixed Bag

Kommentare: We're doing better with it, and are now going to pay for a redesign, but we'll have to see if we stay with it or move on to a different platform.

It does everything a non-profit needs it to do

It doesn't do a lot of things great, and the UX side is pretty ugly.