4 Years and going strong

Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Dave A.
Digital Marketing Manager

Kommentare: We have been using it with a globally distributed team for the last 4 years and frankly cannot work without it. We even run our weekly meetings with it by reviewing outstanding tasks. If it's not on Basecamp, it doesn't get done!

Vorteile: Basecamp is quite easy to use. Even people who are less technically inclined will find it increases their productivity and collaboration. It is very useful to have an activity history and the fact that all shared files are available to users makes it a top class collaboration tool.

Nachteile: The style is not as fresh as it could be. When you first open the application you either love or hate the look and feel of it. One other small UX issue is that you have to download files to preview them. There is no option of previewing common files in-browser.

Fantastic tool for project management!

Bewertet am 8.3.2019
Sheri S.
Former Project Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I don't know how I would have done my job as Project Manager remotely planning so many events across the United States and in other countries without using Basecamp. This tool allowed me to succeed as an employee, allowed me to plan future tasks while also prioritizing which tasks needed my time and attention now and which I could table for later. By staying organized we were able to provide our customers with the type of service and event that they deserved. Thanks Basecamp!

Vorteile: Basecamp is super easy to use! I used Basecamp to remotely project manage over 200 events over the course of a year that had many of the same recurring tasks. I particularly liked the following: 1.) I could create templates for each of the different types of projects that I managed. This saved a ton of time when setting up an "event" in Basecamp as I didn't have to create the same tasks over and over for each type of project that I was managing. 2.) It's a great tool for communicating and coordinating with other team members involved in the project. You can assign dates and tasks to other individuals and Basecamp will sent them reminders as tasks need to be completed. 3.) You can keep all your notes and correspond with team members within each project that you set up. This is great when your working with people that work in other locations and other time zones. Basecamp allows you to upload important documents and communicate about the progress of each project.

Nachteile: I can't really think of anything I didn't like about Basecamp.

Basecamp Review - Your Online Project Management Partner

Bewertet am 24.5.2019
Joel N.
Data Analyst
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Project management needs teamwork and clarity and Basecamp offers you a key solution. It's an amazing tool that does not require you to be tech-savvy to get around it. It is very user-friendly and puts everything into place.

Vorteile: With an intuitive interface, anyone with just about any technological skill can get by with this tool. Basecamp puts everything into place. This is the tool that has a place for everything to ensure you stay organized and on course. For any project you're working on, you will be able to monitor all activities in several ways: project, time and person. It's internal chat is a major highlight. It majorly facilitates teamwork. If there's a problem, everyone can chime in and give an input leading to quick problem solving. Also, you can record every step taken towards solving a problem or handling a project for future reference. Note that it details pretty much everything including project assignee or a team member who may have made changes at a given time. It is incredibly a time saver especially for projects that run on numerous status meetings. In essence, communication is way simpler with this tool and it's just a click of a button to update everyone. When working on any given project, you can limit access to the project by choosing who gets to see it. This again helps with organization and clarity. At any given time, teams will always know what they are working on and get updated whenever there are changes.

Nachteile: Occasionally, it's drag and drop feature can be a pain on the neck. You can experience some trouble integrating HubSpot. Also, there's lots and lots of email notifications.

Great tool for collaborating internally and with agency partners

Bewertet am 19.7.2018
Digital Specialist
Essen & Trinken, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Collaborate and communicate about projects, share and discover files and documents, accessible everywhere

Vorteile: I've used Basecamp for about 5 years now, at two different companies. I really like that it's intuitive, not overly fussy, and it takes very little training to start collaborating, commenting and keeping track of projects. I used Basecamp at two different companies, and they each had a different model and method of using the tool. I appreciate that it's flexible enough to give this customization, but still recognizable as Basecamp and easy for a first timer to understand. The search function is also really useful, I like that you can sort by file type. I use that all the time.

Nachteile: Occasionally I've found that the different user designations can be a little goofy. For instance, I was unable to add new users to a conversation because of some setting, which was inconvenient when working with agency partners that were often changing or needed new account managers tagged in. Not sure if this was a function of Basecamp or a preference of my employer, though.

Easy to use and made project management a breeze

Bewertet am 18.7.2018
Darla B.
Senior Project and Content Manager
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The calendar feature of the software was probably my favorite thing about Basecamp. Compared to other project management software I've used, the ability it gives you to drag and drop tasks in the calendar view made rearranging the puzzle that is a marketing design calendar much easier. The ability to keep conversations about projects or tasks within tasks also made it easy to keep track of notes about clients, documents, etc. Things tend to get lost in emails or chats, so having important things related to a client and their project in one place was nice.

Nachteile: When I was using Basecamp (a couple of years ago), there wasn't really a great place to have company info that was easily accessible. So for each client that we added, we would need to make sure that the note at the bottom of their main page was updated with relevant information, but that was rarely written in any standard way.

Manages my publication projects efficiently and with ease

Bewertet am 16.7.2018
Marnie M.
Director of Production
Verlagswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It provides with me a tool to manage multiple projects.

Vorteile: I love this software for three main reasons. 1) The ability to share specific projects with stakeholders of the project. 2) The ability to email updates to a specific project. 3) A centralized calendar for all my project key dates. Overall, it's a great place to manage a project with a ton of deliverables.

Nachteile: What I dislike about this software stems mostly from functionality? I would love to be able to duplicate a project timeline. I would also love to have the ability to set up deliverable timetables so that I can input a start date or end date and they would create a timeline for me based on parameters established.

Project management for the win!

Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Madison M.
Frontend Developer

Kommentare: We solved internal communications with Basecamp and greatly reduced emails.

Vorteile: The ability to tailor conversations around specific projects, with different "tools" to promote discussion, schedules, linking docs, announcements, etc. Since project management is not all discussion-based, it makes complete project management a lot easier. Assigning tasks is a huge benefit. It makes our project-oriented tasks (versus account/client-oriented tasks) easier to manage. We're a lot more organized with all the features of Basecamp and it's integration with Zapier.

Nachteile: At times, Basecamp can be slow. May be due to my company using the software for years so we have a lot of data.

Nice Project Management and Tracking System

Bewertet am 31.5.2019
Medienproduktion, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I'm satisfied. Just a bit complicated for new user. I still get confused sometimes.

Vorteile: Keeping Track record of each and every day communication, files, pings is very good. Working with team members with defined designation and assigned responsibilities becomes very easy. We can decide which team member can access particular message thread, so that the thread is only shared with the team member that is authorized to access the messages / files. Not only the group / team communication, but Private messages can be sent to desired person that is very good feature.

Nachteile: The user interface is a bit tricky. If you are working on a multiple projects of same kind, you can get confused where to click and where you reach. I think Basecamp should think of creating a simple user Interface.

Love using Basecamp

Bewertet am 7.6.2019
Graphic Designer
Design, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Basecamp is he perfect tool for our department to stay organized. We have a lot of projects going on that touch a lot of different departments, and it's easy for things to get lost, but with Basecamp we can see who is assigned to a project and which step in the process it's in. It makes edits and changes easy to track as well. I can't imagine trying to manage all the different projects if we didn't have something like Basecamp to do it for us.

Nachteile: The UI/UX leaves something to be desired, but honestly, everything else runs so well it's a mall set-back in an otherwise fantastic program.

Great for Virtual World Corporation

Bewertet am 19.7.2018
Nick L.
Deputy Director
Philanthropie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It's the best way I've seen to stay in touch with groups within your organization regarding ongoing projects. Also great for working with other corporations that are doing work for you. For example we are using it with a web designer who is building our new website. Either way there's no trying to group emails together to make cohesive sense of what your duties are and keeping an accurate record of the history of the project. Also, there's less chance of work being done by others and you are completely unaware of what they have suggested or said about the projects. Everyone who's invited to the project can see what is being on done on one thread of communication.

Nachteile: Price tag - you have to decide how much are you going to use it. Depends on the size of your corporation or if you are in virtual world with many others. It's great but may not be for you.

Frustrating and Confusing

Bewertet am 3.10.2019
Karyn B.
Copywriter
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Using Basecamp was not my choice. This is something that a client wanted me to use as part of an overall project in which I had a part. He started out with a very small team, but then it grew and all of the back and forth became time-consuming and confusing. Some people used the "Ping" function to communicate and others used the "Hey" function. Many messages were lost in the process because no one really followed both areas.

Vorteile: I like that you can divide Basecamp into various sub-sections to divvy up tasks, so users can find their assignments fairly easily.

Nachteile: First and foremost, I don't like the constant barrage of notifications, which are sent via email. They tell you about every little thing that has been added on the Basecamp platform, even if it has nothing to do with your part of the project.

We've used Basecamp for years!

Bewertet am 16.5.2019
Ginger M.
Social Media Manager

Kommentare: Overall, we've been using it for the past 4-5 years in our agency and we've been able to easily included many people from different departments to use it.

Vorteile: It's the perfect place to organize our to do lists, assign projects to the team, and communicate with clients by sharing large documents or images that otherwise wouldn't fit via email.

Nachteile: Customer service is hard to get a hold of. We haven't had many problems overall with the product, but when we needed customer service, they are hard to get a hold of, only speak with the account holder or offer links to their FAQ.

Base camp banner displaying less emails is true!

Bewertet am 10.4.2018
E-commerce Product & Promotions Team Leader
1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Basecamp is a real powerful tool. We used in our business for communicating people from North America, South America and Europe and we don't regret it. The first time we used it, we prevent sending at least 200 emails in one day. The tasks were divide in to-do list and everyone was inform exactly what was going on.
Base camp allows you to manage different projects from different organizations, so you can use your same account for other projects from other companies doing business with us, this is something I really like about it

Nachteile: I consider that one of the features I dislike from base camp is the editing part. It only gives after the first 5 or 10 minutes to edit a comment. I have encounter with problems, that I comment something and want to modify my comment and it's not possible. Still not sure why base camp has this "feature"

Old-timer review

Bewertet am 22.12.2018
Abdelhakim Z.
Backend Developer

Kommentare: I was freelancing when I first worked with Basecamp, we were 3 people on the project, a graphic designer, a marketing/manager, and me, the developer. It was honestly the first time for me to work with such a solution, and I was really impressed at how well it helped us keep track of all the work. But like I mentioned in the cons, it would have also been much better if it had integration with box.com which we were using for file upload, or any git repositories for that matter. I hope I can work with this again so I can make a better judgement, because I'm sure a lot has changed since Basecamp 2.

Vorteile: 1. Very extensive to-do board features, with a lot of options to differentiate between activities, and who needs to work on them.
2. Schedule actually linked to the to-do list, subsequently giving you 2 different ways to view the work that needs to be done.

Nachteile: 1. No integration for other file sharing solutions, git repositories, etc..
2. Since the time I worked with Basecamp, there have been any improvements on the Android app. I wish my trial wasn't over so I could judge them again.

Be more organized with Basecamp

Bewertet am 9.4.2018
Tim B.
Manager of Operations

Vorteile: This product has helped our team helps make our teams work more organized and gives us one central location to keep all of our documentation. There are great ways to keep the entire team on the same page no matter where they are located and the addition of the chat room makes communicating a snap.

Nachteile: We haven't run into a whole lot of issues with this product aside from taking a little while to get used to operating it. The main issue we have is that for a small business, the price can be a little high. There are other services out there who do the same thing at a lower cost, but I don't know how much quality we would be sacrificing if we switched.

A great productivy and project management tool!

Bewertet am 13.7.2018
Ángel B.
Traffic Manager & Lead Generation (worldwide)
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's easier to know how is going any project and keep on the same page.

Vorteile: Basecamp is the perfect example of intuitiveness in an app. The UI and the copys make it super-clear to know where you are and where you can find what you're looking for, so it's perfect for integrating it into large teams without wasting time on formations. And this is a good accomplishment on Basecamp's side, because it integrates many tools (to-do lists, chat, message board, check-íns, calendars, alerts...) and still keeps being easy to use.

Nachteile: Honestly, I think its flaws stem only of a lack of complete adoption - I feel that if everybody in the team goes all-in on Basecamp's tools and avoid duplicating communication channels (like using both email and Basecamp instead of focusing mainly on Basecamp), the tool would work perfect.

Solid entry-level project management system

Bewertet am 26.9.2018
Vince C.
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: For an entry-level experience, Basecamp has what it takes. The base-level PM options are easy to use and communicate with others as they use the system. However, it will feel limited as you start to increase the complexity of your projects. Some may find this wanting or figure out creative ways to use Basecamp in the way it was intended - as a simple way to create, view, and update tasks.

Vorteile: The ease of use and simplicity of Basecamp make it the most user-friendly of all project management systems I have used. It is easy to sort, assign, and follow-up on tasks. It's also got a great looking and snappy user interface.

Nachteile: Understandably, Basecamp is a no-frills software. It's a philosophy of the company's to keep things simple. However, sometimes this can mean that all you're really getting is a team task list that looks great, but doesn't have the depth to manage complex projects beyond status check-ins and completion target dates. I

Great project management tool for a large team working on multiple projects!

Bewertet am 16.7.2018
Ashia S.
Adjunct Instructor
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It helped me work more efficiently with my team members.

Vorteile: This is a really good project management tool that's fairly easy to use. It helps keep to do lists in order and makes it possible to juggle multiple projects and tasks.

Nachteile: I don't like the way Basecamp handles communication. While it's great to be able to have project specific communications with team members, the threads can quickly become overwhelming and tough to follow.

Above average project management software

Bewertet am 17.8.2018
Front-End Specialist

Kommentare: I don't particularly care for Basecamp, but I know a lot of people who love it. To me, it's really lacking in a lot of necessary features, like good search and organization, but it does provide a lot of helpful links to get around (like the "Work assigned to me" link. I also really don't like the UI overall, I think they are trying to hard to be simplistic and it is at the expense of some features.

Vorteile: I like how easy it is to attach assets to tasks and how easy it is to find tasks currently assigned to you.

Nachteile: I really don't like the long comment format of Basecamp. When a task has been around for a while (expecially if there are several people commenting), trying to find specific information on a task often means scrolling for days. It would be nice if there was an ability to search comments within a task.

Good Collaborative Platform

Bewertet am 14.11.2018
Rédacteur de contenu web et technique
Buchhaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We used it for various accounting and website development projects that were handled by a small team with a great success.

Vorteile: If you have a small team that requires a collaboration platform than this product is for you. It has great features and ease of use for your team to share work notes, documents, comments and many other things that are not possible via emails. Note and Document sharing
Instant Comments
Project history
Member Addition
Timelines and much more...

Nachteile: At times it becomes difficult to ascertain home many team members have worked on a particular project. Moreover, lack of a document repository makes it impossible to track notes and documents within a large team environment for a complicated project.

Remote team project management dream!

Bewertet am 7.3.2019
Ann B.
Executive Director of Operations and Innovation
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Took me awhile to get used to/decide on how best to use pings, messages, and project folders, but our team has landed on a good system and we like it a lot!

Vorteile: Love that team members all over the country can share documents, deadlines, schedules, and messages.

Nachteile: Wish there was a calendar that charted ALL of the projects, not just the one project it "sits" inside. In other words, each project would have a calendar, but then there is a master calendar that gives you at-a-glance oversight of all of our projects. We are having to use a Gantt chart outside Basecamp to accomplish this.

Amazing tool

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Sasha D.
Executive Editor
Verlagswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's been critical to keeping track of projects across team members.

Vorteile: Basecamp makes it easy for large teams with many ongoing projects to keep track of deadlines, send each other work, and monitor others' progress. I can't imagine not using a tool like this. The app is great too.

Nachteile: I don't have any complaints about Basecamp, though I do think it would be good to have a designated tool for uploading a document along with checking off a task (but the comment feature allows attachments, so this is more a minor design issue than a functionality one).

Top Notch Project Management Tool

Bewertet am 24.5.2019
Richard j. S.
Tech Reviews Blogger

Kommentare: I would highly recommend Basecamp. Its has multiple effective features of project managment and communication software that keep my business running efficiently. Without the hassle of doing redundant daily tasks.

Vorteile: Their are many great features using Basecamp. I feel the best features are the to-do list and the milestone managment functions. These functions are crucial to keep my business organized.

Nachteile: The cost of the service is not cheap. However, I feel for how much I use it and how much time Basecamp saves me keeping my business running smoothly. It is worth every penny.

Makes Projects Easier to Manage

Bewertet am 16.5.2019
Marketing Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Loved it, would recommend to any business looking to organize projects.

Vorteile: It made it a lot easier to work with a team on a project. You can assign tasks to users and reference the project to see all the details (for those times you need to look back on a project from years ago).

Nachteile: I think this has more to do with our admin, but at times it was difficult to tag people in a task.

Great tool to keep track of project progress for entire team

Bewertet am 10.4.2018
Jeff L.

Vorteile: Very easy to use tool and with the new features it is easy to navigate for entire team and each are well explained. Also a great viewable interface along with the flexibility of a database. The real-time collaboration is excellent tool for virtual project team members. This is the simplest and best project management tool we have used to date

Nachteile: This is getting picky but the app layout isn't conducive to productivity, and it only has rudimentary tools for what is needed.