HotSchedules Bewertungen

von HotSchedules

Über HotSchedules

Verwandle deinen Planungsprozess mit dem branchenweit am weitesten verbreiteten Prognose-, Planungs- und Kommunikationstool.

Erfahre mehr über HotSchedules

Sean D.
SEO Digital Marketing Analyst (Remote)
  • Bewertet am 14.1.2019

"Great for scheduling staff in the restaurant industry"

Kommentare: I used this app to schedule a full restaurant staff including FOH BOH and Managers. This tool is incredible useful and negates the need to figure out scheduling most weeks. All employees can submit their availability and I can schedule them badsed off of this availability without thinking to check because it bars me from scheudling people outside of their approved availability. No more scheduling issues!

Vorteile: Intuitive User interface
Easy to add new users
Great scheduling utility
incredible for contacting staff on a large scale
Has a mobile app that users can use

Nachteile: The mobile app costs money so most of my staff refuses to download this app which sends them push notifications in the event I need to contact them all. I believe that since we are already paying to use the software this app should be free to download. Without a login the application is useless so the fact you need to pay to download the app is very ridiculous.

• Bewertet am 14.1.2019
Eric F.
Kitchen Manager

"Restaurant Must have "

Kommentare: As a former manager at a Texas Roadhouse, I was familiar with this software, and eager to bring it to my new venture. It immediately eliminated the use of paper schedules, and the chaos of employees switching shifts without making management aware. This increased both labor costs, and morale.

Vorteile: It’s easy to use, built for high volume restaurants. I took a restaurant that was still relying on paper, emailed schedules, and converted them to Bot Schedules. This eliminated issues of shift coverage changes, where we expected one employee, but another showed up, and all the associated communication issues.

Nachteile: It was much more difficult to order and install that I previously remember. Customer service in the sales department was definitely lacking just a touch. Once we got the ball rolling it was fine, but the initial sale was a bit rocky to start.

Alison I.
  • Bewertet am 2.5.2020

"No customer service"

Kommentare: I really liked the services even though it was expensive. It was very user friendly. The customer care and accounting departments made my experience a bad one.

Vorteile: I like the functionality of the software

Nachteile: I am so disappointed in the customer care. hotschedules continues to charge me after I request to suspend services. I have contacted them 8 times over this and my account was drafted numerous times after cancelation. Everyone I speak to says they do not have the authority or ability to refund me or suspend or cancel my account.

• Bewertet am 2.5.2020
Darla C.
Owner, Operating Manager

"hotschedules review"

Kommentare: It's got so many options - none exactly what I need - that it is almost too cumbersome. I would like more flexibility to create template shifts and place them on days as needed, with it being ok that some days there are blank shifts left over. Rather than now, when if I make a template and want a day to be scheduled lightly, it tells the staff there's a house shift open. The template feature is practically more work than just starting from scratch each week. I hate entering the times of a shift and having it immediately autocorrect to the last half hour. For example if I want a shift to start at 1:30PM and end at 10:30PM, I have to type 1:30, click off and it will change it to 1:00, click back on to get to 1:30, and repeat to get the end time to read 10:30 instead of 10, then repeat to get PM instead of AM. I'd also like to not have to redo the schedule report generator so that it's easier to read every week, for the printed schedule we keep in the shop. All those outlines, yikes! What I do like is the messaging/staff communication parts. Requests off are clear and easy, same with shift swapping. I like being able to create blackout days for no requests off, and I like that I can easily see who wants off when and when the RO was made.

Vorteile: Requests off, availability, blackout dates, staff communication sections. The app works great for everyone.

Nachteile: No ease of use when making the schedule - autocorrecting number entries constantly, schedule templates aren't what I need, schedule report is difficult to read.

von HotSchedules an 6.2.2017

Hi Darla!

Thank you for reaching out and providing feedback for us. We're sorry you're having a hard time navigating the scheduling templates. These articles may be of use to you in better explaining the process of scheduling using custom and blank templates and auto-scheduling!

If you are still having issues, please contact customer care for assistance!

Essen & Trinken, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.3.2020

"Great tool to schedule your employees "

Kommentare: Using for 7 years and if they would not keep changing the format I could say I love it. Anyhow it is great app for managers, easy quick access to employees list, phone numbers, emails and etc.

Vorteile: I'm doing schedules for my employees weekly and this app has few great features. Coping, modifying and automatically feeling schedules are only few of them.

Nachteile: Constantly changing the format. Right after I'm used to one they changing it again.

• Bewertet am 18.3.2020
Rebekah D.
Administrative Director
  • Bewertet am 6.2.2020

"Super Helpful!"

Kommentare: HotSchedules has helped immensely with automating requests for time off, approving availabilities, managing schedules for 14 & 15-year-olds who have restrictions on time they can work, etc. The feature where you can switch shifts is especially helpful.

Vorteile: Lots of stuff is automated, no need to keep a book for requests off or shift switched. Love being able to tell our employees 'just put your request in HotSchedules'!

Nachteile: The website is very slow, especially the scheduling page. We have one computer in our entire business that will run it somewhat smoothly. Also, it doesn't remember that you are logged in for any amount of time. If I want to open up HS on a second tab, I have to log in there as well. Mildly infuriating but nothing huge.

• Bewertet am 6.2.2020
Heather S.
Server
Essen & Trinken, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.3.2020

"User Friendliness"

Kommentare: The manager cant change the schedual, not tell you then say its always been this way. Love that!!

Vorteile: Its super easy to get new schedules and the managers know we have seen them. Also we can trade, drop and pick up shifts as needed. Overtime is already tracked so accepting a new shift is fine as long as the dining room is covered. I like that I can see my paycheck too great way to budget.

Nachteile: The app is 2.99 ok not a lot but without tje team app why should staff pay for an app the company is already paying for?

• Bewertet am 7.3.2020
Trainer
  • Bewertet am 10.3.2020

"Not so stressful scheduling "

Kommentare: Everything is in one spot which makes my day a little easier and my desk less cluttered. Easy to address questions and concerns from employee's.

Vorteile: This app makes it very easy to check your schedule at anytime. Makes requesting time off or switching a shift with another employee easy as well. Far from time consuming and easy navigation around the app. Your schedule is with you where ever you go!

Nachteile: Having to pay $2.99 for the app is pretty much everyone's only dislike about this app.

Erik K.
Graphic Designer
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 24.9.2019

"Hot schedules review "

Kommentare: My overall experience has been very good. I always knew when I was working next and never missed work or was late to a shift because of it!

Vorteile: What I liked most about hot schedules is always being organized and being able to see my schedule ahead of time, eliminating the need to write it down or call/go in person to see when I was working next.

Nachteile: What I liked least is that not enough companies are using it! It’s a great platform, so I have nothing negative to say.

• Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Alison A.
AGM
  • Bewertet am 23.2.2020

"Hotschedules Review"

Kommentare: Overall, I've always loved HS. Easy to use and teach.

Vorteile: Easy to interact with staff. Keep accountability in the hands of staff. Easy to use. Easy to train staff on.

Nachteile: Sometimes the updates make scheduling difficult. Also, we are trying to switch the day that our work week starts and they make it difficult because you have to have two weeks of schedules out before they'll do it for you.

• Bewertet am 23.2.2020
Carisa D.
General Manager/ Partner
Restaurants, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.2.2017

"General Manager and partner"

Kommentare: It is very difficult to get responses from customer support. It will take a day and up to 3 to hear anything back and that is in several different support groups. Also, the fact that you get shuffled from one type of support to another is quite frustrating. When you start you have 1 person that owns the majority of the experience.She was great! But once you get passed on to customer support it feels like you are lost. I also have an issue with the scheduling functionality. It is impossible to view an entire day of a schedule either in the schedule or the template. There used to be a button at the top of the schedule that allowed you to see the entire day, who was scheduled in each station, all at a glance. The new functionality makes it incredibly difficult to manage the level of staff on a shift.

Vorteile: The logbook feature, the advanced floor maps (which are an additional cost..), and the messaging feature.

Nachteile: Again the scheduling software is not very user friendly. Clearly there were some adjustments made that helped with writing a schedule, but not being able to view it as easily is frustrating.

von HotSchedules an 9.2.2017

Hey Carisa!

Thank you for the feedback. We apologize for the frustration you've been experiencing with our product and customer support services. Here is an article to an overview of the new scheduler that might be helpful.

Please reach out if you are continuing to experience difficulty with the software.

• Bewertet am 3.2.2017
Greg L.
Restaurant Service Manager
  • Bewertet am 8.8.2017

"This software is easy to use and a great way to communicate."

Kommentare: The largest benefit was time management. I have a lot more time to do other things that improve our guest's experience, which is the bottom line of my job.

Vorteile: The communication side of it is great. I have less meetings now that I can send out mass messages. The scheduler itself is top notch. I can move shifts around quickly using the quick keys and copying schedules is a snap. Having the freedom to do my schedule anywhere and being able to approve or deny schedule changes from my phone makes those decisions more informed. We use it to document all incidents good and bad on employees, so when an evaluation comes around you have all that information at your fingertips. It makes a great reservation scheduler. The roster report is the first thing I print out in the mornings to make sure everyone is here and where they are supposed to be and if they are not I have all the phone numbers on that sheet. The fact that it gives you the number of hours for everyone helps with creating budgets for the week.

Nachteile: My biggest complaint is that part of the expense for the is put on the employee. I know it's very little but some employees don't have a bank account or credit card and have trouble making the purchase. It seems to me that the revenue generated by that could be built into the cost of the software on the employer side.

• Bewertet am 8.8.2017
Paulina S.
Costumer service
  • Bewertet am 25.5.2020

"Much better then paper schedule "

Kommentare: Very positive experience. Made my schedule less chaotic and gives me options to control my work days and days off much better without having to deal with manger directly lol

Vorteile: Having a restaurant job means cheotic schedule. It's never the same. Impossible to keep up with and memorize. My last job had hot schedules but my new job doesn't:/ it's a nightmare without it. I miss it so much. It is so convenient to pick up and realise shifts whenever I please. No need to call or txt my co workers. Everything is done thru the app. App is not free but cheap and worth every single penny. I love that I can request days off and my ability. Super convenient. You have to wait for manager to approve or not of your request. I can see who my co workers will be for the shift. I can see all phone numbers and emails of my co workers. Every restaurant should have this app. It's very easy as well so even my 70 year old co worker knows how to use it. Very well done .

Nachteile: Sometimes I get loged out and have trouble logging back in. It froze few times. Could use more color and some fun options like emoji me lol make work schedule more fun

• Bewertet am 25.5.2020
Garret B.
Operations
Restaurants, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.9.2018

"Good Scheduler"

Kommentare: Overall its very good. I don't have much issue with it, but the UI could be definitely be better.

Vorteile: Hotschedules won our business by having the best Aloha POS integration of all the companies we spoke with. Employees that are added to our system are automatically synced with Hotschedules so you can quickly begin adding them to the schedule. The integration also allows us to restrict employees from clocking in too early or late with saves labor and allows you to quickly identify the less punctual employees. Finally, the integration also pulls historical sales data from our POS and uses it to establish a good sales forecast that you can use to budget your labor accurately.

Nachteile: The app and website are just not as intuitive and streamline as I would like. Previously we had used PeopleMatter schedule, which had a much less cluttered and more user friendly interface. Hotschedules also starts to think it knows how to schedule better than the manager and will start adding "House Shifts" to your schedule that employees can pick up, which frustrates me when I really don't need that shift covered.

• Bewertet am 13.9.2018
Diandra D.
server
Restaurants, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.5.2019

"Great scheduling ap"

Kommentare: One of the best scheduling websites I've ever seen or used.

Vorteile: As a user, I love how easy this product is. You can view your schedule, see who else is working, and swap and release shifts without an issue. It has an easy to use web browser, and mobile ap (although you do pay for it) so you can use hotschedules whichever way you prefer. It also has a great messaging system which allows you to message entire groups of people at once (management, kitchen, servers). It also tells you how many people are ahead of you on a wait list for a shift you picked up. The autopick up function is excellent as well for when you need to get a shift and non are available.

Nachteile: I am not a fan of the most recent update. Prior, you would be able to "see all schedule" and see the entire week, alphabetically, where everyone was working etc. Now however, you can't see the weekly schedule at once and you need to click day by day. This can be challenging when trying to swap shifts with other staff, or see others schedules.

• Bewertet am 16.5.2019
Anthony R.
COO
  • Bewertet am 4.2.2017

"Hotschedules Implimentation"

Kommentare: I recently signed up for hotschedules for my business that opens up in March. The support staff was great and very knowledgable in questions I had for hotschedules.

Vorteile: I love that this software is more comman than it use to be. Most employees hired have heard or used hotschedules which makes the transition alot easier. Communication threw hotschedules makes this program a must for any business that has a decent sized staff

Nachteile: Software is great however it is a little pricey for what it does. Dont get me wrong its great but just a hair high

von HotSchedules an 21.2.2017

Anthony,

We know you're very busy, so thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us feedback. We appreciate your role in our community.

If you have any specific suggestions for product enhancements, please do not hesitate to voice your thoughts on our community forum page!

Happy Scheduling!

• Bewertet am 4.2.2017
Jessica B.
Catering Manager
Gastgewerbe, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.8.2019

"Hotschedules Is Perfect For The Hospitality Industry"

Kommentare: This has helped manage overtime before it even happens. While scheduling employees, the software calculates the hours and gives you a warning for any person that is going into or approaching overtime. This has saved us money and helped better allocate time. Hotschedules is a game changer for the hospitality industry.

Vorteile: This software is extremely user friendly. I love that my staff is able to put all of their availability changes, requests for time off and switch shifts through the software. It makes it extremely easy to create the schedule each week. Tracking of overtime is a huge help as a manager as well. This is a must have tool for anyone in the hospitality industry. It will save your scheduling sanity!

Nachteile: The only downside to this software is the cost for the app. While it is minimal and you can still log in for free through any web browser, a free app would be ideal for the hourly employees. I honestly have no other bad things to say about this software. I highly recommend it!

• Bewertet am 9.8.2019
Joseph W.
Operating Partner/ owner
  • Bewertet am 31.1.2017

"One of the owners for Sedona Taphouse "

Kommentare: I liked the old version better where you could click the roster button while writing a schedule and see a snap shot of that day. Everyone I know can not figure out why you got rid of that. Also I have been asking for years that you make it where we can set a max amount of request per day. Like 3 request off on monday, 4 on tuesday, 2 on sunday etc... so if I could allow 2 request off on sunday. When the 3rd person went to request off it would give them a pop up that would need to be approved by a manager.

Vorteile: Reporting and ease to swap shift

Nachteile: No way to set request off parameters by the day. Schedule writing is harder with the new version

Joseph,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us with feedback, we really appreciate it! We apologize for the less than exceptional ease of use with our new interface.

We value any and all feedback to better improve our products-we have a community request page where you can submit your thoughts and insights directly to our Customer Support team. Thanks for being a part of our community!

Francis P.
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

"Ocean Blue Review"

Kommentare: We use a few of your products, HotShedules, LogBook, Inventory. All of them make our job easier and more affective. There is a lot of room to grow with the Inventory product. Hopefully we will see improvements in the future. Still, very pleased with all the products.

Vorteile: IOS Compatibilty, cloud based.

Nachteile: Reporting can be cumbersome at times. Not all functions work well on Safari Browser.

Francis,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we really appreciate it! We value any and all feedback for our products to influence updates in the future. We have a community request forum where you can voice your ideas and insights directly to a Customer Care specialist. Thanks again!

Director Of Operations
Design, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.3.2019

"Very convenient tool"

Kommentare: Overall, our business couldn't function without HotSchedules. It makes scheduling easy for managers and provides vital flexibility for employees. It might be overkill for small teams, but if you frequently schedule several people for many shifts each week, it's well worth the cost.

Vorteile: HotSchedules allows employees to trade shifts, pick up shifts, and see their schedules very easily. It makes managing personnel and schedules so much easier for managers, and it's great for the team to have added flexibility. Without HotSchedules, trading shifts can be a nightmare for both employee and manager alike.

Nachteile: The only con we've seen is that HotSchedules has built-in rejections for some requests. In theory, this is a great tool - if you don't meet the criteria to make the request, then it's automatically rejected. However, there are some manual workarounds, which means employees still make requests to the manager rather than via HotSchedules since they know there can be adjustments made. This really isn't a complaint of HotSchedules since it works as it's supposed to, but just a head's up that there will still be manual adjustments.

• Bewertet am 6.3.2019
Justine B.
General Manager
Essen & Trinken, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.1.2017

"everything in one place"

Kommentare: i like that i can easily access the schedules and requests off in one place. I am not a fan that they took away the option to easily see what date someone made the request though. that was a feature i used often.

Vorteile: easy to use, keeps your organized, accessible from anywhere

Nachteile: the new scheduler takes longer to enter, and they took away the option to hover over a request off and see the reason and date requested. please bring back!

Justine,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we really appreciate it! We value any and all feedback to influence the updates we make to our product in the future. We have a community request forum where you can voice your thoughts to our Customer Support team!

Jeanne R.
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

"Easy to use"

Kommentare: I am not quick to learn anything regarding computer programs, but hotschedules is very easy to use. Makes putting your schedule together stress free. At times website itself has issues that can be frustrating.

Vorteile: Makes schedule making quick.

Nachteile: The website goes down or kicks you off for extended periods of time. I will say this happens less frequently than it used to. I have used hotschedules for almost six years.

Jeanne,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide feedback for us, we really appreciate it! We are happy to help make your business more efficient. We apologize for the complications you've been experiencing with our site at times, we have have a status page that shows when we have brief latency issues that might be of use. Thank you for being a part of our community for so long!

Alexa G.
Accounts Payable
501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Quelle: SoftwareAdvice
  • Bewertet am 15.5.2018

"HotSchedules is a great way to keep track of your work week!"

Kommentare: I used HotSchedules for two years while serving and loved the idea where you can swap, add and release shifts if desired.

Vorteile: I like that you can see your schedule for the week laid out in one spreadsheet. I also like that it gives you the option to do group messages with all of your coworkers and swap shifts if needed. This software offers a lot for your work scheduling and helps you stay organized and be flexible when you need to be.

Nachteile: I do not like that you have to pay for the app. I also do not like how hard it is to find someone's contact on the app and then be able to copy something like an email address or phone number. I wish HotSchedules also had a better notifications system in place.

• Quelle: SoftwareAdvice
  • Bewertet am 15.5.2018
Operations
  • Bewertet am 24.7.2018

"Makes a restaurant run"

Kommentare: Internal communications and schedule notifications to a distributed workforce.

Vorteile: Hotschedules makes schedule creation and updates ridiculously easy. Not only can you input the schedules you need covered to receive optimization suggestions, but once you post the schedules, you don't have to track down your staff to inform them of their schedules.

Nachteile: When I utilizied Hotschedules my employees were not able to input one-off requests or identify preferred shifts, limiting the efficacy of the schedule optimization features. There was also not an option to send internal communication notes to management emails so there was no way to verify when management was reading the information.

• Bewertet am 24.7.2018
Connor W.
General Manager
Unterhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.2.2018

"HotSchedules does a great job at presenting all your scheduling/reporting data at a quick glance."

Vorteile: A couple things that I really enjoy about HotSchedules is the reporting and future forecasting functions. You can also teach HotSchedules how to auto-schedule based off of those patterns from previously scheduled weeks. It is pretty user-friendly and when you launch for the first time - you have plenty of help. They give you a contact to assist you and provide plenty of step-by-step tutorials for all of the included functions of the software. They also give you styling options for how you would like to view and edit the schedules. The reporting data is quickly accessible and can be pulled from a large range of dates (this helps with payroll verification).

Nachteile: HotSchedules, at times, can be a little buggy. There have been instances where I have completed a full schedule and upon saving my data, it would revert to the previous schedule before the changes had been added. This can be a tad frustrating when trying to crank out schedules quickly.

• Bewertet am 2.2.2018