Over 10 years of complete satisfaction!

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Bob T.
Online Radio Expert/Host; Podcast Host; Ordained Minister/Award Winning Author/Prof. Public Speaker
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Kommentare: 100 percent satisfied. I have been approached with offers to switch. I turn every single one of them down. QuickBooks has proven to be to be the absolute best software for me to use in this area.

Vorteile: I love QuickBooks for Non-Profits! I have used this software exclusively for the past 10 years with no problems at all. I have received numerous compliments from Board Members of the accuracy and detail I provide when it comes to our financial reports. I have been told I provide the best reports they have seen (many are members of other non-profit boards). It is all accomplished with just a few clicks and the reports printed out!

Nachteile: It does take a bit of getting used to. Especially when you are first setting up the system. Once it is set up, it runs along fine. One thing to make sure of is the category of the items you are entering. Otherwise, your reports will contain mis-categorized information. Be sure to check over your reports for accuracy in that area. If identified, it is a simple fix - but you must check it over.

von Intuit an 11.9.2019

Hearing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for so many years makes our day, Bob! We're thrilled to know that you're able to confidently present accurate data with the reports you've created without breaking a sweat. You can continue rely on us to have your back for years to come. It sounds like you're a pro, but if you ever need any assistance, we recommend checking out the Community. Here, you'll find detailed articles and advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/

Thanks for an awesome review!

Complicated Software, With Deep Capability

Bewertet am 21.8.2019
Curran H.
Admin Assistant
Öffentliche Ordnung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I find it very helpful. It is easy to enter and find bills. It had a steep learning curve, but once overcome, it is extremely helpful software.

Vorteile: The ability to find any transaction, bill very fast. There are reports that can be deeply customized, bills can be searched easily, and it is easy to switch between companies.

Nachteile: It has too many features! It has a million options, and options within options. If you are inexperienced with the software, it can be hard to find what you are looking for. Once you do find things it becomes quite simple.

von Intuit an 22.8.2019

We love knowing you've been able to locate the transactions you're looking for quickly and easily, as well as create customized reports to view specific data, Curran! We wanted to make sure to provide as many options and features as possible to meet your business needs. To find out more about how certain features work in QuickBooks, we invite you to check out our video tutorials: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/

Thanks for a great review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Does what we need, but could be better

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Jody L.
Treasurer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is a decent program.
It was a bit "painful" getting it set up. But overall, we do like it for what we do.

Vorteile: Ability to categorize transactions by class
Widely used by other companies, so able to get advice from our accountant and others online.
The ease with which we can reconcile accounts.

Nachteile: Somewhat "glitchy" - for example, when we record a payment by "check", QB doesn't hold the "check" designation. So no "type of payment" is recorded. All other payment forms work.
It's not always that intuitive to find the way to do things. Like getting a refund check from a vendor takes way more steps than it really should. And it's not very intuitive.
I wish you could run a batch of memorized transactions without having to exit and re-open the program. And maybe there is . . . but if there is, it's not intuitive as to how.
I would like to switch to the online version, but it doesn't have all the same features that I have in my desktop version.

Finances In A Jiffy!

Bewertet am 22.11.2019
Korbin D.
Finance Assistant
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love the product. They are always improving and updating the software. The improvements only take moments to upload and they always offer quick tutorials on any changes. I love it!

Vorteile: I love the ease of use. We use this software for our non-profit and have found it to be an accurate way to record all of our financial transactions and support our info with really great reports.

Nachteile: I really would have to knit pick in order find something which i do not like about Quickbooks Non-profit. I had my own insecurities about using it when i started, but QB made it easy to learn.

You probably don't need it

Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Haley W.
Membership and Operations Manager
Philanthropie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Unless you really need the non-profit specific features, just get Quickbooks premier and choose non-profit as your industry. You'll get some of the customization of the non-profit version and save money.

Vorteile: It changes some of the standard Quickbooks features to be non-profit specific, like changing invoices to be called pledges and renaming some reports. That can be helpful so everyone (staff, board, accountant, auditor, etc) is on the same page when talking about things.

Nachteile: Regular Quickbooks is cheaper. If your accountant uses Quickbooks and your organization uses Quickbooks Non-profit, they can't export your data and work on it with their software, they'll have to use yours.

QuickBooks Nonprofit

Bewertet am 1.9.2019
Theresa K.
Operations Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Could not do my job without it. QuickBooks is easy and intuitive to use, and it's easy to fix or undo mistakes. I can't imagine doing the bookkeeping any other way. Since it is so widely used, there are plenty of classes and tutorials available. I love the specific nonprofit features, such as classes.

Nachteile: Still impossible to do true fund accounting with Quickbooks. We use classes for each program and subclasses for each project, which is a lot of work but is necessary to properly track our employees' time. Producing a correct balance sheet by class is technically possible but very difficult and prone to error.

von Intuit an 5.9.2019

Sharing the workload to make your job easier is our goal, Theresa! We think it's awesome you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for all of your bookkeeping needs and that we've been a key component of your day to day business life. To learn tips and tricks on how other non-profit organizations are getting the most out of the software, we recommend checking out the Community: https://community.intuit.com/

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Great option for small to medium size non-profits

Bewertet am 3.4.2019
Kat P.
Finance Associate
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Quickbooks allows non-profits to easily store and manage their financial data. It is very easy to learn the system and, because of this, can be easily integrated in to the workplace. Overall, I think QB is a great system for nonprofits that are too small for a large system like Intacct.

Vorteile: The software is easy-to-use and intuitive. What I particularly like about Quickbooks is that there are several different ways to do a task. Financial information is very easy to enter, maintain and process. One of the best features of QB are the reports, which are very customizable and helpful for understanding who owes you, who you owe, etc. Finally, there are many add-ons, which is very helpful and would allow most non-profits to run an organization entirely through the program if they chose.

Nachteile: Quickbooks seems to be continually improving its systems and the company really seems to listen to customer feedback. That being said, there are several functions that can be frustrating. For example, undoing reconciliations. In addition, while the reports are very customizable, their features are not exhaustive.

Excellent Software

Bewertet am 2.6.2019
Sharon S.
Accountant
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Quickbooks Nonprofit is an excellent software. Granted it does take a while to learn how to customize individual reports, but I have been using it for years and it I can't think of a more straight forward software to use for nonprofit clients.

Nachteile: Quickbooks tends to slow down the laptop a touch.

von Intuit an 30.8.2019

Excellent and straight forward are descriptions we aim for, Sharon, and we love knowing this is what you think of QuickBooks! You can continue to depend on us to help with all of your non-profit's bookkeeping needs. We recommend this article to keep everything running at optimal performance: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/How-do-I-clear-my-browser-cache-and-temporary-Internet-files/m-p/186420

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a review.
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Even a non-accounting person can follow the money

Bewertet am 19.3.2019
Debbie C.
Operationa Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I am not an accountant but when thrown into that position since no one else was available, I made easy work of figuring out how to navigate around the system. I actually couldn't believe how easy it was to use especially things like entering and paying bills. I am very pleased with the system.

Nachteile: For some reason, this software takes forever to open. None of my other programs do this. It always seems to bog down and will sometimes freeze up.

QuickBooks makes financial management Easy!

Bewertet am 6.7.2019
Tarcea W.
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We make several transactions as a church and we want to be honest and accountable for our financial activities. QuickBooks makes this simple and easy for us to do.

Vorteile: QuickBooks makes it super easy for our church to manage finances and keep track of every transaction. It also makes it very easy for us to manage tax information and payroll.

Nachteile: No complaints at all about QuickBooks. The software contains all that we could ask for to help with managing our finances all around.

von Intuit an 15.8.2019

You can rest easy knowing that QuickBooks has your back with managing finances and taxes, Tarcea. We recommend our free webinars to ensure you're getting the most out of the software for your organization: https://intuit.me/2rDBlWL

Thanks for the stellar review!
David, The QuickBooks Team

My experience with quickbooks has been very positive.

Bewertet am 12.6.2018
Sue E.
Executive Director
Kino & Film, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: easy to use and teach
makes our ability to do work very easy

Vorteile: easy to use
easy to teach
functions are compatible with our organization's operations
Allows a lot of customization for reports

Nachteile: not cheap
tech support is too expensive
some updates are not necessary. Seem to occur just so it can be said that it was updated.

von Intuit an 15.6.2018

I want you to have all the info you deserve about why support incurs a fee and the reasons behind updates, Sue. While many subscription-based products have support included in the monthly charge (like Online), our standalone Desktop products are billed once upon purchase. Instead of charging more for the product itself, the price is kept at a lower rate by offering advanced support separately. There's more about support plans, and what you can still get without them, at https://community.intuit.com/articles/1501198. Additionally, the need to upgrade the program, and discontinue older products, is a decision predicated on the assurance you will receive top of the line software and support. As older products are retired, all attention can be given to the most secure and feature-laden service on the market.

Before I forget, thanks for reaching out with your review. Happy filming to you and your team at Rehoboth Beach Film Society, by the way. Break a leg!

QB Nonprofit easy to use

Bewertet am 12.10.2017
Maurice T.
Accounting Supervisor

Kommentare: User friendly.

Vorteile: QB Nonprofit desktop is easy to use with its flexibility and options which includes name search for customers and vendors and its versitility in financial statements. The classes allow us to get financial statements by class or department which are also very useful. Along with our main department (church) we also have 2 schools, so the software allows us to get financial statements for just the schools. We also use the budgets and get financial statements that show comparisons to budget projections. Dollar to dollar and percentage comparisons. Budgets are easy to prepare. Numbers that are exactly to same from month to month can just be copied across the entire year and don't have to be entered into each month individually.

Nachteile: 1. Sometimes have to wait a long time (as much as 45 minutes) to get telephone support.
2. No name search for employees.

Quickbooks is a basic accounting software that helps to keep the books up to date.

Bewertet am 1.2.2018
Director of Accounting
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I would recommend Quickbooks to small organizations that need a basic accounting software, small to mid volume of vendors/invoices.

Vorteile: Easy to use (General Ledger)
Some flexibility downloading information to Excel (General Ledger)
Price

Nachteile: Fixed Assets functionality is only available in Single-User mode
Merchant activity is not applied automatically as promised if you have more than one GL account
Reports are very rigid
It does not have a report designer that gives the flexibility to download information
Unable to upload activity from Excel without a 3rd party software
It does not have account reconciliation system to keep track of balance sheet accounts

von Intuit an 2.2.2018

This is something we can help you with. Please reach out to us at QBCares@Intuit.com so we can provide you with further support.

Thanks for your feedback!
Nathaniel, The QuickBooks Team

A must for non-profits

Bewertet am 7.9.2018
Alissa W.
Operations Director
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Of course QuickBooks is the must have financial program for all your financial needs. The non profit version allows you to also track donations and the reports are titled for non profit reporting.

Nachteile: A bit tricky when you have a question, but I do like the forum for users.

von Intuit an 12.9.2018

Thanks a ton for the review, Alissa. I'm delighted to read we're meeting the needs of your non-profit, as we're more than proud to be backing you and your team. I'm glad you've had a chance to check out our aptly-named Community forum space (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o), so have you had a chance to find us on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) yet? We have chat-based representatives monitoring the customer comments and messages coming through those channels, and it'd be their pleasure to answer any questions you may have.

Keep up the excellent work, by the way!

Very helpful

Bewertet am 10.11.2018
Assistant Director
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Software is very helpful and easy to use especially if you don't understand the nonprofit exceptions.

Nachteile: Can become a little pricey as you build and continue services.

von Intuit an 20.11.2018

Happy Tuesday, and thanks a ton for reaching out with this review. It's affirming to read the program has been an especially helpful addition to your nonprofit. Since you mentioned price, I want to ensure you're getting the best value available for your organization. Rest assured, there are cost-efficient options in place, and it'd be my pleasure to discuss them with you. My inbox at QBCares@Intuit.com is open, and I have the tools to help.

In the meantime, feel welcome to contact the product experts on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) should you have questions. They're open M-F from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. EST.

Until we chat again, take it easy!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Great for a small to medium sized business.

Bewertet am 4.7.2018
William T.
Staff Accountant
Medizinische Praxis, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: My company uses Quickbooks Nonprofit specifically for payroll services. It has certain features absent from quickbooks online. Namely the ability to use multiple classes for an individual.
The software is very affordable and if you work for a small to medium sized nonprofit organization, this is probably the best value.
The software is very user friendly, and even a non-accountant can be quite proficient.

Nachteile: The software is not easily transfered to other software programs. For instance, even when you export a report to Excel, it includes blank spaces between columns, and some include row headers in different columns. This makes some cleaning up necessary if a pivot table is desired.

Everything a Nonprofit needs financially

Bewertet am 19.2.2018
Barry S.
Bookkeeper
Philanthropie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I don't like the lack of support after two years. But the community of QuickBooks users is so large that help can be found almost anywhere.

Vorteile: This program is customizable to the needs of each Nonprofit. It can be used as a standalone program or a networked financial database. It has all the necessary functions to do all daily, monthly, and yearly financial paperwork for a small to medium-sized Non-profit.

Nachteile: The learning curve can be steep. Prior experience with the program or with accounting is very useful. Set up should be done by a professional CPA to ensure it's tracking all the needed items for IRS reporting.

Pretty Good

Bewertet am 17.4.2019
Raymond Y.
Accounting Assistant
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: QB Non Profit is just better than other Normal Version with featuring the some specially designed function that help non profits organization managing their finance more effectively.

Vorteile: QB Non Profit has everything that you might expect any QB products with its product category; However, QB Non Profit is just better than other Normal Version with featuring the some specially designed function that help non profits organization managing their finance more effectively.

Nachteile: Customer Support, they try to sell you a newer version of Quick books rather than fixing the issues that you have on your current Quick Books

Solid choice for simple accounting

Bewertet am 14.6.2018
Donor & Community Engagement
Philanthropie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are able to use Quickbooks to carry out all of our financial functions and easily keep track of everything. I would definitely use it unless you need high volume programs and can afford software that integrates other functions (like donor tracking, record keeping, etc)

Vorteile: QuickBooks Non-Profit is an excellent choice for nonprofit accounting. IT is very easy to enter information, make adjustments and run reports. As a nonprofit, we are constantly generating that information for grants and donors - so it is very easy.

Nachteile: Managing donor data is easy to a point, if you have another donor database you might run into some difficulty trying to track contributions or donations.

von Intuit an 18.6.2018

I'm beyond pleased to see how easy QuickBooks has made managing your organization, and appreciate the review. With this said. I'd like to discuss which point the donor database gives you trouble. Because the system easily integrates with other programs, I'll find steps you can take to keep tracking simple. Could you send me an email directly at qbcares@intuit.com? I'll dig right in, and look forward to hearing from you.

Great small business software

Bewertet am 12.6.2018
Kellianne M.
Financial Manager
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: ease of use and most reporting.

Vorteile: Reporting is mostly good, easy entries solving the double entry accounting needed in a single entry; vendor set up is easy;customer invoicing is streamlined; bill paying is clear

Nachteile: This software will not perform detailed reports for donor tracking; cannot compare actual to budgeted costs at a single point in time for actuals, that is, cannot run a report to show actuals to date versus an annual budget which is the most frustrating thing about quickbooks, reporting has to be to a month or a year compared to the same period.

User Friendly!

Bewertet am 2.5.2019
Director of Business Affairs
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This software is user friendly and very easy to use.

Nachteile: I can't think of anything that I don't like about Quickbooks.

von Intuit an 3.5.2019

I'm thrilled QuickBooks has left a positive impression on you, as comments like yours are a pleasure to come across. It's affirming to know you've seen the software grow, as the engineers work hard to roll out exciting enhancements. So you can stay in the loop for what's to come next, I invite you to bookmark the QB Blog at https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/whats-new/.

We wouldn't be who we are without a customer like you, by the way. Thanks for being more than a friend, but a member of the QuickBooks family!

Grant, The QuickBooks Team

Books made easy

Bewertet am 17.7.2019
Kimber J.
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It is very user friendly. All the books for our clients are in the same place.

Nachteile: Sometimes the autofill can mess you up. It can be turned off but is usually helpful.

von Intuit an 14.8.2019

Hi Kimber! We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying using QuickBooks and that it has made it easier to keep track of all your clients' books. Should you ever need assistance with the autofill not working properly, we recommend reaching our to our Community team: (https://community.intuit.com). There you'll also find self-help articles as well as discussions with your peers on a number of topics.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Great software but still issues

Bewertet am 3.10.2016
Steve I.
Treasurer and co-founder
Darstellende Künste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used to use Quicken years ago and have been using Quickbooks non-profit for my theater company. It is accurate, fairly straight forward, but little things are still not fixed. I have favorites (e.g.: Report of checks written and not cleared) they disappear and hsvdvthey recdo them every other day. A minor problem, but I was hoping this would have been fixed by version 2016. Sadly it wasn't. Would I recommend this product for a non-profit? Yes, yes I would!

Vorteile: Fairly easy to use
Great backup features
Excellent reporting
Use of "classes" to split my theater shows

Nachteile: Slight learning curve
Poor customer support

Overall, QuickBooks is a really helpful accounting software

Bewertet am 18.6.2018
Daniel M.
Web Development and Digital Media Coordinator
Rundfunkmedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is very easy to use and accurate!

Vorteile: Makes it easy to make invoices and donation statements. Nice way to see customer history and keep up with who owes money and who doesn't.

Nachteile: Direct deposit and tax payment services are kind of pricy. We changed to a different software due to the cost. A lot of times when we have to call tech support it is hard to understand the tech. I know this is farmed out overseas and that is fine, but would be nice if phone connections were better and accents weren't so thick.

Great

Bewertet am 7.9.2018
Celeste G.
Operations Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It never felt like the non-profit version held back any of the features we needed in order to thoroughly account for our non-profit revenue & expenses. I loved that we could customize the chart of accounts which makes it much easier when preparing our 990 and other financial reports. Quickbooks made it very easy to connect with our bank and import transaction data, which is a huge time save.

Nachteile: It's restricted to use on the computer it's installed on. We've since migrated to Quickbooks Online because of the cloud-based nature.

von Intuit an 12.9.2018

Happy Wednesday, Celeste. I'm delighted you found the product that works best for the nature of your non-profit, as we're proud to be backing you. You're the best part of QuickBooks, which is why we've created self-help and support spaces like our aptly-named Resource Center (https://intuit.me/2rI3OKd) with you in mind. Check it out anytime, since it's the central hub of workflow tips and how-to tutorials.

I loved reading about how the customization options and feature-set in the cloud-based service have helped The First Tee, by the way. Thanks a ton for sharing your comments!