Über Buildium

Buildium ist eine erstklassige webbasierte Immobilienverwaltungssoftware, die sich am besten für Wohnimmobilien und Vereine eignet.

Erfahre mehr über Buildium

Easy to use, user-friendly, great customer service, reasonable price.

Their "known issues" have cost me THOUSANDS in productivity loss. They don't offer credits, discounts or anything of value and they don't fix the issues for months.

Bewertungen zu Buildium

Buildium hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 2.025 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Buildium bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (2.025)

Bobby
Owner/Manager
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Must have software for property owners for Landlords!

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Aaron
Aaron
Manager in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best property management software for the price

Kommentare: Reporting is important and Buildium lets you know who owes how much and what bills need to be paid. It simplifies the bookkeeping aspect and gives accurate accounting if used properly. Really enjoy having a dashboard with all critical information at my fingertips.

Buildium is packed with features to streamline property management and cashflow. There is no better way to accept tenant payments and pay vendors online with the click of a few buttons. Once we got our tenants and vendors using the payment portal, we drastically reduced time spent on processing paper bills and checks. There are so many ways to automate tasks and save time.

I'm hoping that the developers add the "Duplicate Invoice" feature in the Bills module. This would save a lot of time when entering several bills at once. Setup is difficult but key to make the software work for you.

Antwort von RealPage

Hi Aaron, Thanks for your feedback and excellent suggestion about making duplicate bills! Did you know you can submit suggestions like this directly to our developers? If you haven't already, navigate to the "Suggest a feature" option in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account. - Charlie

ROBERT
Property Management in USA

Simple Easy property mangement tools

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Simeple and easy to use. Customer service is relatively quick to respond, but if you have basic plan, you are limited to only email correpondence. Overall the buildium costs less than other products but they lacks in reporting options for commercial buildings.

They are simple to manuever and easy to implement the functions. Overall compared with other products on the market, it is relatively easy to use.

Many times the system is more geared to apartment/residential type buildings and residential tenants. This might be something to consider when you are commercial property manager since the reporting functions for commercial management are some what limited and not so friendly. I strongly suggest that they implement more functions and reporting options for different types of commercial properties.

Brandon
Immobilien, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

e-payment underwriting is a complete waste of time, takes forever, request same docs over and over

Kommentare: Would love to update this once all of our tenants are able to pay rent online, that is the main reason we made this investment and it is still not working.

We still have not been able to set up online payments for all of our accounts, they respond it takes up to 10 days for approval, but in truth it takes much longer because they ask for the same documentation over and over. We have never had these issues with our short term rental software and have several payment processing accounts with that software.

Setting up e-pay takes forever and e-mailing them is a black hole.

vor 4 Wochen

Hi Brandon, If you haven't already, please reach out to customer care team for assistance. They can look into the situation and provide advice, reach out to the underwriting team on your behalf, and so on. - Charlie

Cynthia
Manager Assistant in USA

The Best Property Management Platform

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Overall, Buildium is not just a property management platform; it's a complete solution that has simplified my work. If you're in the property management field and want a platform that is easy to set up, maintain, and offers robust features for accounting, leasing, and expenses, look no further than Buildium. It has truly become an invaluable asset to my business.

Easy to set up, helps to keep track of finances, properties, owners, tenants, basically I can do all in one program no need to use any other.

I can't schedule EFT payment for my customers. I can't add more charges when using Applicants other than application fee I can't modify statements

Sumer
Accounting in USA

Overall great

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: My overall experience with Buildium has been good. It has taken longer for customer support inquiries over the years of use.

I like that it is online based. Tenants can view their ledger and documents via their portal. Owners also have an online portal they can view their statements and documents.

Some of the accounting features can be a bit confusing for the user and owners. Like the tenant prepayments, the calculation of management fees, and the owner contributions distribution among a single owner who owns multiple properties (if there is an outstanding balance)

vor 4 Wochen

Thanks for your honest review, Sumer. If you haven't already, try checking out Buildium Academy to see if that can help clarify some questions you have about those accounting functions. You can also reach out to customer care and they can shed some light on things. - Charlie

Buildium Is a Professional Property Management Software at An Economical Price

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I have tried many Property Management Software items throughout my career. Still, Buildium offers far more features for the price than any other software, along with the Buildium Academy, and continually updates the software to include more features.

I like the multitude of features that Buildium offers, with work orders, rent tracking, and accounting among the most helpful.

In my opinion, Buildium's many features are hidden by an antiquated interface, making it difficult to learn initially. If this interface had a more modern feel, it might attract even more customers once they could see its many powerful features.

RJ
CEO in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Building and property management suite

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Overall, there are features lacking that we feel need to be integrated and are very easy programming solutions. Customer service is available but on the basic level and they are fairly limited in resources. During the sales process the client is promised a Success Manager, but they never return phone calls and rarely reply to emails unless you engage basic support to file complaint. We have had two account manager assignments due to pregnancy and neither manager was reactive in time servicing our account. Buildium needs to work on this.

Ease of set up and Onboarding compared to other platforms

Account managers are never available, nor are they responsive

Alicia
Operations Manager in USA

Support as you Grow!

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I would recommend buildium to anyone looking for property management software. Their support staff and their continual improvements are worth it, and the value for the software is fantastic.

The support team can answer EVERY question and are so easy to use. I don’t hesitate to call even for minor items.

The financial reporting and owner portal financials are a little lacking.

Gregg
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

YF Solutions, LLC’s Buildium Assessment

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Nothing but positive things to say about the experience. I have been involved with other similar systems and Buildium is much more user friendly.

Having access to the data base provides our company with tracking options on many levels as well as a 24/7 information resource!

From a contractors perspective, it would be extremely helpful to have a full understanding of what are capabilities are inside the system with the access we have been granted.

Antonio
Management in USA
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Good product. Horrible customer service.

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Buildium is good but i may switch if they keep surprise billing me.

It's set and forget for the most part. Thats if you ever get it set up.

The customer service is nonexistent on the small plan.

Nicole
owner in USA

best software

Kommentare: I absolutely love buildium

easy to setup/use It cuts my job in half always adding more features online portal

I went from using quickbooks to buildium. The products are night and day. Buildium definetly offers way more. The only issue I have is with the accounting side. I wish it had the capability to track expenses by apartment so I could keep track of renovation costs. You can't customize the reports as much as I would like. QuickBooks had a great feature so you could track and reconcile your loan payments.

Antwort von RealPage

Hi Nicole, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so happy that Buildium has been able to help save you time. I'll pass your feedback on tracking expenses by apartment over to our product team. Thanks again! The Buildium Team

Nancy

Gets the Job Done; Would like more Features

Kommentare: Software functions well and is reliable, Customers and Clients tell us they DO NOT like the portal and don't understand reports. I have volunteered to be in a user group to develop reports but have not been contacted yet.

The software is easy to use and fairly flexible; we do use it in some ways that are not intended to address unique situations. I also like that there is a forum for user requested features where the community can "vote" on improvements.

Development of new features that are highly requested by the community could be responded to faster. There are also some requests that seem more like fixing a bug than a new feature that are ignored completely. These are things that affect our staff on a daily basis, e.g. emails that are automatically sent to customers and clients that have a link to the message thread in the portal where they can respond directly in thread (which is a good thing)- - EXCEPT the link is so cryptic that the average user does not realize it is a link, so they end up emailing us and we spend countless hours copying and pasting just to try to keep our documentation complete. If the developers would make the link more apparent and/or make email replies automatically update the message thread it would be really great.

William

Overall a Quality Property Management Software Platform

Kommentare: Overall Buildium is a really good platform to use especially if you want things to be automatically done or updated. I like that customize dashboard that lets you know when leases are expiring and need to be renewed. They also allow you to auto list properties for rent. This is extremely helpful for us. One down side of this platform is the inability to send debts to collection like other platforms have. Overall, I would recommend Buildium as long as they were made aware of the extra charges and services they continue to try and promote to tenants.

The thing I like the post is that it automatically applies late fees to accounts. It also auto notifies tenants once they make a payment on their account. I like that you can email every tenant using one email instead of trying to email them individually. The site is very user friendly with a customizable dashboard to help you get a quick snap shot of your rentals.

I don't like some of the auto emails that get sent to tenants to help sell some of the products Buildium is promoting. For instance, they want all tenants to have insurance and will continually email them to get them to purchase insurance that Buildium gets a cut of. They also are encouraging tenants to set up ACH payments, which if you don't have the top account level, charges the owner to use the service. I feel like Buildium continues to try and do add ons from both the tenants and the owners which is frustrating considering the amount of money we pay for the software.

Jennifer
Condominium Manager in Kanada

A Good program getting better

Kommentare: A much better system than using multiple programs for individual aspects. Very geared toward rental management and Condos or HOAs seem after-thoughts often.

The ability for Boards to interact with management and for owners to be easily communicated with are some of the best features with this program. It's mostly all integrated!

Updates are usually bumpy when implemented, causing a slow down in service. Some features, which seem to be common sense are still in development stages. Tracking of tasks in infancy yet. Can send emails but not receive them through the system, causing us to still have to use another program.

Donald
Accountant in USA

Buildium is Fantastic

Kommentare: Buildium has given us the tools to streamline our processes and make daily tasks easy. The online software makes it accessible no matter where the staff are located so that work orders, rent input, communications, etc. can be handled in real-time and on the spot. Everything from leases to lease renewals, maintenance requests to inspections are all in one spot, easily accessible. No more paper files to thumb through. The administration of property management has never been such a breeze.

As an accountant, the accounting features are awesome. Online payments make tracking incoming rents easier since there is less leg work. You can setup priorities on how payments are applied. The program is easy to use and to navigate. Buildium provides tutorials that are great training tools for new and even experienced users. Buildium was easy to setup and integrate into our company.

I have yet to find any complaints with Buildium's program. There are continuing to improve and add features on a quarterly basis. There were no issues switching to this software from our previous system.

Cynthia
Member/Manager in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Glad we use this system!

Kommentare: Rents are collected faster and easier. Especially now that fuel prices have risen, and we use a Post Office Box for our Business, this eliminates frequent trips to the Post Office to get rents. AND, the software tracks it all! In fact, we charge the residents who opt OUT of our Portal a fee when we have to process their paper payments (trip to the Post Office, bring back to office, trip to the bank).

Residents can pay their rent and management billed utilities on line. Even those residents who are not computer savy, we can set up their payments for them (with their written permission, of course).

Sometimes I feel the techs who write the instructions forget that not everyone is computer savy, so it takes time for the average user of the product some time to figure it out.

Antwort von RealPage

Hi Cynthia, Thanks for submitting this review. I'm glad to see that we're not only saving you time, but money as well! - Charlie W

Tony

Poor Website

Kommentare: Software it great, easy to use and navigate. Website is not great and limited in customizing or changing.

Easy of use from the user end. What I like about the company is the always are trying to improve in areas that need it.

I don't like the website. It looks old and not professional. Other software companies allow the use the ability to have a website made for them for a cost and buildium does not. As my company has grown it would be nice to show how we are professional and a good management company with a modern more professional website.

letztes Jahr

Thanks for such a thorough and thoughtful review! We love to see that you are finding the software easy to both use and navigate. Did you know that our new Buildium Marketplace now has an integration with goodjuju, a service that can build you a modern website complete with SEO optimization, mobile-ready designs, and more? To learn more about goodjuju as well as many other partnerships, sign into your Buildium account and go to Integrations > Marketplace. Hope that helps! - Charlie

Monique
Community Association Manager in USA

The Cadillac of HOA/Condo/Property Management

Kommentare: I have searched far and wide and Buildium is the best available for HOA/property management. I use it for all my monthly paying accounts, and find that the professional statements which are easily generated make managing the finances uncomplicated. Overall, Buildium is super customer friendly and has always met my expectations in the five years that I have been with them.

This software is mandatory if you have monthly payments for properties. It accepts EFT/Debit/Credit Cards and has a very user friendly approach to keeping financial records on individual homeowners in perfect shape. They also allow easy access for homeowners to both their own account and payments, and to governing documents, minutes, etc at any time. Imputing the payments and checks etc is easy and personalizing the accounting categories to fit your business is a snap. It pulls up a roster of homeowners and when someone moves out, changing out the account name takes seconds instead of laborious work in other spreadsheets etc. The to-do tasks list is very helpful for sharing among a busy office. In a Buildium vs spreadsheet choice, I would pick Buildium every time for accuracy, professionalism and most importantly ease of use. I pull down a list and print up invoices from many time periods, and to email the late invoices, is simply a matter of 2 seconds to pull up the right file and hit the correct button.

The non-bending method of making payments - where they require the vendor to log in and invoice directly vs just allowing me to make quick payments to say the lawn guy or other vendors who wouldn't know a computer if it smacked them in the face. I do not use this portion of the software. I have also asked them repeatedly to sell a 'lite' version of the subscription. One where they charge less for seasonal payments. I have several HOAs that only pay once a year, and can't use Buildium because it is cost prohibitive to have an account open for 12 months that only has one payment per year. They need to have a Florida/AZ/Seasonal version at a lower rate that has limited payments.

Antwort von RealPage

Hi Monique, Thank you so much for your review! We're so thrilled we've been able to help meet a lot of your management needs over the past 5 years. We've made a note of your feedback regarding vendor payments and Buildium "Lite", and will pass it along to our product team! Best, The Buildium Team

Paul
Property manager in USA

Buildium features review

Kommentare: Buildium allows our rental department to stay organized and provides easy and efficient access to data information. I could not imagine doing my daily tasks without Buildium.

The general format of the total program is good and maybe better than other programs used in the past. I really like the latest update of the status button for work orders

I do not like that Buildium doesn't have a feature where multiple windows with in Buildium can be open at the same time. (if it exists, forgive me for not knowing how to use it) I do not like that Buildium doesn't have a back button feature, especially in the tasks and work order screens. I do not like that Buildium will allow a partial online payment to be received. It should not receive a tenant online payment unless the full balance is being paid. This is a problem when tenants owe for late fees or maybe a repair expense. I would like to have the auto email option to send a work order to a owner even if the vendor has no email. It only gives that choice if the vendor has an email set up in the system. Some of our vendors receive work orders by phone or text or in person but the owner still needs to know what work is being done. It might be a nice feature for Buildium to store invoices in the system once a work order is completed. Not just the picture attachment spot within tasks and work orders. it it were a data base maybe or at least folders to store scanned copies. The work orders feature to add in the vendor parts and labors costs and description still seems cumbersome especially when dollar amounts are entered and then the book keep tries to pay bills. It may be we need Builduim training in this area. it should be a really useful feature. Sometimes Buildium seems to add double charges under tenants ledger info. Every now and then a random double charge pops up.

Antwort von RealPage

Hi Paul, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We've passed your feedback on directly to our product team. We are currently working on updates to maintenance and work orders, stay tuned! Best, The Buildium Team

Kayvon
owner in USA
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Read this before making the mistake we did !

Kommentare: This is the 2nd review we have posted on lack of customer services and the unwillingness of this company to assist their clients. Instead of writing a descriptive review we have decided that we will just copy and past section from the last email communication with the companies supposed "Stevie Award Winning" Customer "dis-service rep" Jeana Pndelli. You as the consumer should decide if you would want to be treats as "low priority" based on the below email.
Client: 9/27
"Hi Jeana,
I have brought this issue up with everyone from call in support up to you now. When you go into reports to search for a budget the drop down menu does not let you narrow down by typing in a letter. Therefore, we have to go through the entire list of all the properties to find the budget we need. Most all other drop downs in Buildium let you narrow down. Why not this one? "
Buildium Response: 9/27
"The "budget vs actuals" report still has legacy coding on the back-end which does not allow you to search within the property field. It has been a while since we updated this feature/report which is why the older coding still exists. I can bring this to our level two support team's attention as I agree each report parameters page should be consistent."
Client: 9/27
"Thanks but just so you know this was already sent to your level two about a year ago when I brought it up. Not sure why it takes so long to fix issues. "
Client: 10/11
What the status on fixing this issue. Last you said you sent it to level two. When will it be fixed? This is an extremely time wasting glitch to have during budget season!
Buildium Response: 10/11
I just checked on the status of this with our level two team. They let me know it was sent up to our engineers and developers.
We don't currently have an estimated time frame for when this change will be made
Client: 10/11
So we don't know if it will be a few weeks or a few years?
Buildium: 10/12
I can't give a time frame for when this will be changed since it's been sent up as a lower priority item. I'll send you an update by 10/28
Client: 10/31
10/28 has passed.
Buildium: 11/1
I spoke with the product manager in charge of this feature last week and he let me know it's still in low priority status but he hopes to have the redesign done as soon as possible some time this year. However, we can't give a definitive time frame just yet since lower priority items often get bumped lower for higher priority bugs.

Nothing really.

Lack of customer service. Armature accounting and reports. Unwillingness to listen to their clients. Horrendous file management system. Not for HOA management .

Darren

Pro's and Con's 22 month customer

Kommentare: It is not a five star product because of the support they "don't give. The support staff are educators not problem solvers. The software is cheaper than the competitors and it works well. I would buy it again, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't fix the problems.

When you call support you do not have to wait on hold, they will call you back. Reporting is very nice. The system actually works. Price is fair.

Release communication: When the release breaks something and the accounts get messed up (like they did a upgrade for lease renewals that had a bug where the leases did not renew with the correct rent amount), the communication is horrible and they fix the problem going forward but not the messed up accounts. Phone support is lacking. When the error cannot be resolved immediately (by telling me what i did wrong), they rarely if ever follow up on the ticket. I don't know how they monitor their open tickets. One fellow did not even create a ticket, so after 1 week of waiting I called back to find out I had to start over. Then I waited another week and called back for a status, and there was no status -- still waiting 2 weeks in. When they have a problem to investigate, they do very poorly. Lastly, if you accept ACH or credit/ debit card payments and any item is disputed. the only way to communicate with them is via email. They will not verbally tell you anything. You initially get 7 days to provide evidence of a valid charge. After that the dispute remains on your account until it is re-credited to you account or nothing happens, and I mean nothing. In this case your evidence doesnt matter the charge back stands, Buildium doesn't notify you at all. They tell you it can take 4 months for a response and during that time the only way you know if it is settled is to EMAIL them.

Antwort von RealPage

Hi Darren, Thanks for your honest feedback about release communication. Our team is working hard to improve on communication for all our releases, including monthly product emails and in-app messaging. I've passed your feedback on support follow-up to the manager of that team. This is not the experience we want our customers to have, and we thank you for letting us know about what you've encountered. Best, The Buildium Team

Charles
Business Manager in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A great choice for property rentals (with a few limits)

Kommentare: Overall, I am very happy that I've made the switch to Buildium. While there was a small learning curve (as expected), the training we received was excellent. While there are a few limitations to the software for my business model, it works and we've been able to adapt our processes easily to fit Buildium's work flow. As with any accounting software package, it may not be able to do everything your business requires, but it does work and it does work well.

All in all, this software works great, and is very stable. The process flow is intuitive and simple, but as with every software, has it own unique quirks. Once you get the process flow down, it does pretty much everything you could want a property rental software to do. This software is more directed at either individual landlords, or property rental companies who rent other people's property. If you're a company who self-owns a group of properties, just know functionally the software works great, but some of the reporting options and budget options won't fit that business model exactly. The functionality is there, and it works well. Incoming payment processing, and the automatic tracking of it works really well, and the multiple payment options are great for my customers. Moving from a traditional quickbooks-style accounting software to the online system, has been great. The functionality to log-in from anywhere (including mobile) to access the system is a huge improvement, and allowing multiple users to log-in at the same time is great. A bunch of the manual entry and accounting minutia that I experienced before has been removed from my plate.

From my customer's perspective, there are two main short comings of the software package. The first is the mobile app -- I'm told its slow and clunky to use. The general consensus of my customers is the web portal is superior and much easier to use. The second is the length of time a financial transaction takes. The transaction time for a credit card payment is typically end of day or next business day (not an instant charge), and an ACH is typically 2 business days to pull (so a customer can initiate the payment Friday, but not have money removed from their account until Tuesday.) From the business/accounting side, while all the data is there in Buildium, you can't do much easily with that data. The reporting side is very limited. While there are roughly about 20 reports built into Buildium, they are limited. There are the obvious Balance Sheet, P&L, Delinquent Customers, etc. reports -- it's pretty much limited to those built in reports. Getting data out of Buildium to play with in Excel is difficult, and the lack of reporting options can be disappointing. As stated before, the reporting and budgeting options in this software lends itself well to looking at houses at an individual level, but if you're a company who self-owns many properties - you won't be able to budget along the traditional company level -- all budgets are locked to specific houses. Money Transfer Times - money transfer is moderatel slow - 2-3 days for Credit/ACH, 5 bus days for Retail

Antwort von RealPage

Hi Charles, Thanks for writing your honest review! We're glad that you're having a great experience, and that you're happy with the training you received. It's clear that data for reporting is important to you. We are always working on ways to improve upon our reports, and we could always use feedback on how they can be more useful. You can submit a feature request through the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account. - Charlie W

Pamela
Immobilien, Selbstständig

We have been using Buildium for just over two years now and I could not love it more!

Kommentare: I had been using a DOS based management program for nearly 20 years and had to go online due to the changes in technology. It was a very stressful time trying to find a program that could do what we needed and was affordable and that I could manage on my own. Buildium has been the answer. We LOVE the online payment option for our tenants and landlord. We LOVE all the reports and the way the accounting process is set up. Most of all, we LOVE the excellent customer support we recieve from the Buildium team. The whole experience has been outstanding.

The customer service is OUTSTANDING! There is no way to be able to solve all the problems of transitioning to a new program on your own; I tried that with another program, using the excellent documentation they had provided but was never able to overcome some of the posting problems I encountered. I ended up frustrated and stressed out from being unable to understand how the program wanted me to do things. However, when I ran into any problem with the Buildium program, all I have to do is submit a support ticket. I normally recieve an answer back within 24 hours. If it is a serious problem, I call customer service and I am ALWAYS able to reach a LIVE, FRIENDLY, American speaking Specialist that is able to see what my program is doing and walk me through the problem to the point that I can manage it and they always explain what is going on so I can understand it!! It is the absolute best program I have ever used, in any field, in my entire 40 year career in Property Management! And they are constantly updating the program and making it better! I don't think I have ever been happier with a buying decision in my life. I highly recommend this program and company to anyone who is going to be managing real estate.

The ONLY thing I can think of that I don't like about this program is that one of the report sorts I use is done by the owner first name, instead of last name and the security depsoit breakdown report is done by Owner name, instead of the Tenant Name. Other than that, I can not think of a single thing to complain about. It is a great company!

Antwort von RealPage

Hi Pamela, Thank you for leaving your review. Your opinion is invaluable to us and we're so pleased to hear about your positive experience with Buildium! Best, Elizabeth Gill Senior Customer Marketing Manager

Alondra
Alondra
Leasing Assistant in Mexiko

ONE OF THE BEST PM SOFTWARES OUT THERE! Easily 4.7 out of 5 ⭐

Kommentare: Overall, I would say since day 1 of using Buildium I was easily able to navigate through it and udnerstand where everything was. I would say this has been one of the most user friendly tools I have worked with, so if you're looking for a user friendly platform this is it! There's also a ton of features and a lot of ways for one PM company to use this collaboratively which only adds points to it. I've had a really good experience with Buildium, with their support and I can comfortably say I would reccomend them :)

I mainly work with application processing and screening, as well as applicant/prospect communication. I've experienced other softwares where it's super difficult to track stages or completion of certain "checkpoints" but with Buildium it's super easy! You can customize checlists on the application to easily keep track of what needs to be done and also so your team can easily view the current status. Another great bonus point is the screenings are very thorough and are ready within minutes of requesting them and overall the platform is super user firnedly, all information has a place and I find it really easy to operate.

Overall I really don't have any major issues with the platform, my only one is the security measure it has in place sometimes while running payments with the same payment method. If it happens to be that 2 applicants submitted a payment with the same card, it requires a small buffer time between each application payment being processed. It's not really a big deal but I'm big on having my "flow-state" so it just kills my vibe sometimes a litte bit, but outside of that I believe strongly that Buildium is a tool that is constantly maintained and updated and there's no major flows to its functionality!

vor 4 Monaten

Alondra, you're making our day over here at the Buildium office. Thanks for such a thoughtful review! - Charlie

Tom
USA
Verwendete die Software für: Nicht angeboten

Kommentare: We've been using Buildium for about 2 years, long enough to get a good feel for its strengths and weaknesses. My overall impression is that this is a good product for small to medium size residential property management firms (10-100 units). If you have fewer than 10, this product is overkill. If more than 100, you'll probably find it too simplistic. The product is geared to residential properties and residential associations. Managing commercial portfolios with it can be difficult. The Good:
Accounting functionality is pretty strong. GL, AR, AP, budgets and property ledgers are handled seamlessly. Very easy to use even for beginners. I like the global search functionality. You can pretty much find anything using it without navigating through the menus. Pricing is relatively inexpensive.
It's cloud-based, so you don't have to maintain any software on your own computers. You can access it anywhere with a web browser. Some people see this as a negative, but we've not had any issues with Buildium being down unexpectedly. The scheduled maintenance times are generally late at night. Support is good if you're having problems with the standard functionality. In general I would say the support staff understands their product well. And you can get them on the phone to explain things. That's becoming less common with companies today. Document management is hit & miss. I love that I can post a PDF receipt for every expense right there in the ledger. However, documents at the property- or owner level are less helpful. It's just one big bucket per property or owner. Having a folder structure would be a big help. (Not there today.) Buildium offers tenant bill-pay through an online portal for rent payments, and also outbound electronic payments to property owners. It's done through a 3rd party vendor and at additional cost. This is a double-edged sword. Very convenient; it makes the bookkeeping entries for you automatically. But if you're doing outbound payments, make sure to treat it just like an online banking account (long passwords, be careful of who in your office has access to it, etc.) Allowing for extra security questions or letting users limit the IP addresses that have this outbound payment functionality would be helpful. The Bad:
As noted, you'll get frustrated if you're trying to use this for commercial properties. The designers make assumptions that you're doing residential.
CRM functionality is practically non-existent. This is an accounting package. They do have some decent (and customizable) postal-mail templates and can do mail-merge so you can send notices to tenants and owners. But this does not extend to email. You'll need another product to do CRM and do double data entry between systems. There is no integration layer or API, so no chance of integrating this with your CRM system or generating custom reports. The reports, while nice-looking, are as-is and not customizable in any way. You're stuck with what they give you. They make some odd design decisions sometimes. For example, you can't generate an association owner invoice for an owner who lives someplace other than the managed property. The invoice is always addressed to the managed property, even if you entered a different mailing address for the owner, as if an association owner would never rent out the property. These types of oddities abound, and the product support folks will never acknowledge it as a problem. They'll tell you to fill out an enhancement request, which may be considered for implementation someday, or may not. You'll never know. Providing a way to customize reports or providing an API would help in this area. In Summary:
Buildium is good at what it does, but what it does is pretty limited. You will likely be happy if you're in their demographic sweet spot (10-100 residential units). It's cheap enough to sign up and try it out to see if it's right for you. If you manage commercial properties, have a very large or complex portfolio, or need integrated CRM capabilities, it's probably not for you.