Jump on the property management software train with Buildium!!

Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Erin V.
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The benefits of utilizing Buildium for home construction companies are too many to list here. From management being able to see the project all at once and not have to look in different sections. Subcontractors being able to log their hours per project tasks for easy invoicing. Owners with the ability to go on and see how the construction is going, choosing selections, and keeping in contact with management. For bookkeepers the easy integration of Xero and Quickbooks online is fantastic. If you haven't tried Buildium and are looking for a superb property management software, sign up for their free trial and take it for a test drive.

Vorteile: There are several items within Buildium that by far surpassed other property management companies. The ability to upload subcontractor paperwork and have all the information in one place securely online with reminders set up when expirations or missing information is needed. The ability for everyone with accounts set up to communicate, check on tasks, and proposals all in one place for easy referral. One of the easiest implementations and setups for property management software. But the absolute best thing about Buildium for me anyways is that you can list as much information from sales, tasks, proposals, selections, etc. I truly believe that all companies need to keep as much information as possible on file and with Buildium you can put as much information as you need, place tags for easy reporting, and this information is for authorized users to see. To me, you can never have too much information and it makes is so much easier if you have a person leave and the new hire to move it and look at the information to be brought up to date.

Nachteile: When I first started working with Buildium I wished that there had been a step by step workflow check sheet because at times I had to go and research if I was entering the data correctly. But that was quickly solved while speaking with Buidium's excellent customer support team members.
Finally, I would recommend a Buildium forum where all users can go on and if they have questions can post it to the forum as another user may have had the same problem.

Functionality is great!

Janai W.
Office manager
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The customer service is wonderful! They can usually solve issues within the time of the phone call.

Vorteile: There have been many updates to the software over the last few years that has made this system so easy to maneuver and use. It is very user friendly which also makes it easy to teach new users.

Nachteile: The setup process for bank accounts, however it has become much easier in the last two years

Customer Support Used To Be Good

Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Chuck P.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's been fine so far but honestly, I've started to look at alternate solutions as I continue to grow my business.

Vorteile: It's adequate software for the money; especially when you look at what you'd have to pay for the competition. Relatively easy to use.

Nachteile: As I've read in at least one review, the customer support used to be top notch. Today, it's dismal. Do not get suckered into the callback option! They claim you won't lose your place in line. I find that hard to believe as it's been 5 days and I still haven't received a callback. Am I still holding my place in line?
Regarding financials / banking, if you're using more than 1 bank account for your company, you'll have to do much manual manipulation to essentially get the software to do what you want.
The support documentation is outdated and annoying. Annoying in the sense when you find the topic you need and start reading, there are links that take you away from the current page to explain other concepts you need to resolve your problem. Essentially, you start bouncing around the documentation and tend to lose your place and continuuity of what you were looking to accomplish. It's a bit frustrating.

Property Management Software - works very well for non accounting backgrounds

Katie S.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Automation is HUGE! online payment is HUGE! It's connecting my tenant/client requests with my staff and subsequently my vendors - less mess to sort through!

Vorteile: I don't have to have a degree in accounting, between features, FAQ's and support, I've always been able to resolve issues. Love that it streamlines my processes into one central place and that I have a good overall place for myself, my assistant, my clients and tenants to look at things. Love online payments and ability to pay out to owners and vendors online as well! Software has fantastic capability to shift easily with the changing needs of business (growth or even if we were to pull back a bit - affordable and seamless transition!)

Nachteile: The vendor/owner portals are difficult and messy. Also, my vendors can see ALL work orders, not just their own for a property they have access to. They have to go under maintenance just to find work orders (not intuitive). Would be awesome if they could just reply to the emails the system sends and have those replies/files be uploaded as communication on the work order.

Loading pictures is ok but difficult to reorder. Also, would like to be able to load pictures in an area that show things like appliances/etc but not necessarily show on the listing
If I enable "files" to be seen, then people can see ALL things under files - not just those pertinent to the properties they are enabled for. If I send an email to all owners or all tenants, it does not save under their individual communication logs - I have to go into a specific lease/tenant/owner/etc then go to communications to start an email otherwise it's not in the log. Would like to have multiple work orders under tasks - sometimes I need a General, a plumber and an electrician to complete the same task, for example. In the banking area, I'd like the property balances to reflect how much is deposit/property reserves so that I can see I'm where I need to be at a glance. I'd also like to be able to make more than one reserve account per property (i.e. taxes, maintenance) I'd like ONE application email - not one plus the credit check (maybe the app has a link to the chk

Is Buildium GOING OUT OF BUSINESS?

Bewertet am 9.1.2020
Jason L.
Executive Director
Design, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Is Buildium GOING OUT OF BUSINESS?

Vorteile: None at the moment. I am appalled with the company at the moment after using the system for 5 years.

Nachteile: Is Buildium GOING OUT OF BUSINESS?

Is anyone else having trouble getting hold of a human being at Buildium?!?!?!?!? I was on hold for 5 hours yesterday! Till the system disconnected me. No customer service agents available. I called the sales department and immediately a human answered. They were very nice but had no way of transferring my call to anywhere else in the company, not even a manger.

It is day 2 now and no answer from Buildium. The sales line and the customer service line both have an automatic answer that there is a company meeting.

My call is regarding the FORTE automatic payment system which has received funds from our renters but is not transferring funds to our account. I find it very suspicious that a company is:
1. Receiving funds for rent transactions but not paying the property company the rent. 2. The Customer support line is so busy that it can not answer calls. 3. The sales department answers immediately with a live person yet can not transfer a call to a service agent or a manager. 4. Sales can call me back directly the same day to up sell me a product while I am still having no call back form a manager or service agent. 5. I leave my contact number several times with a live person. Sales reaches me at my number yet I get an email from service that they can not reach me at a good number. 6. I send a reply email to service and give them my number that sales used to call me and I get a reply email from service that I need to supply a con

Customer Service went from first to worst.

Bewertet am 11.10.2019
Steve M.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When I first started using Buildium about 9 years ago, I was extremely happy with their customer service department. When I called I was able to talk to someone, and usually knew the person I was talking to. Today when I call I'm on hold forever, and when I finally give us and use your feature to have someone call me back I never get the callback. This has happened the last 3 times I've called, and I've pretty much given up on any customer service from Buildium. I get calls weekly from Buildium competitors, and while I would hate to start over with another product, I'm actually researching it. When Buildium competitor asks what I like least about Buildium I tell tham that Buildium customer service is awful! It's great when I finally get ahold of someone, and they are extremely knowledgeable - but it's impossible to actually talk with anyone at Buildium!

Vorteile: I've used it for many years, and it works for my company.

Nachteile: Your customer service was the best, but unfortunately today it's the worst!

Midsize property management company

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Jackie P.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall the program has saved us a ton of time and continues to add new features that will continue to make our lives easier.

Vorteile: Looking back from where we were a few years ago before Buildium to now I can see huge benefits to myself and my staff as a result of the program. My time to do a lot of the accounting side of things has been reduced dramatically and having access to the information 24/7 is wonderful as well.

Nachteile: This is a US based software so has somethings missing that would make it more beneficial for its canadian clients. This is mostly around supporting GST in its accounting without a work around for every transaction.

Buildium

Sandy K.
Maintenance manager
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Buildium gives us the tools to manage our property mznagement company efficiently. From providing owner reports to managing tenants everything is pretty straightforward.

Nachteile: There should be a way to configure email addresses for different functions in Buildium. For example i wish i could have one email address for rental business, one for owner tenant issues and one for maintenance.

Broker/Owner

William B.
Broker/owner
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Tenant portal, ease of reports.E pay, accounting

Nachteile: Too many clicks to get something done. Can Not add caterizies to account progrem.

Best Property Management Tool!

Bewertet am 28.9.2019
Rivaldo B.
Student
Hochschulbildung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Buildium really helped me in my previous Property Sales work, I can easily access all development and sales projects.

Vorteile: I used to work in the property sales field, and thanks to Buildium, everything went very young. Buildium provides access to manage every part of the Property development program to the point of purchase and payment by the customer.

Nachteile: The interface is difficult to understand if you have never operated a similar device so it takes time to understand it correctly

Gets the Job Done; Would like more Features

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Nancy H.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Software functions well and is reliable, Customers and Clients tell us they DO NOT like the portal and don't understand reports. I have volunteered to be in a user group to develop reports but have not been contacted yet.

Vorteile: The software is easy to use and fairly flexible; we do use it in some ways that are not intended to address unique situations. I also like that there is a forum for user requested features where the community can "vote" on improvements.

Nachteile: Development of new features that are highly requested by the community could be responded to faster. There are also some requests that seem more like fixing a bug than a new feature that are ignored completely. These are things that affect our staff on a daily basis, e.g. emails that are automatically sent to customers and clients that have a link to the message thread in the portal where they can respond directly in thread (which is a good thing)- - EXCEPT the link is so cryptic that the average user does not realize it is a link, so they end up emailing us and we spend countless hours copying and pasting just to try to keep our documentation complete. If the developers would make the link more apparent and/or make email replies automatically update the message thread it would be really great.

Buildium- Review

Bewertet am 30.8.2019
Neil G.
Landlord
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Buildium allows me to keep track of all my commitments and income in one place. I am much more organised than I was before I began using Buildium. Tax time is a breeze now.

Vorteile: Buildium allows me to set reminder recurring transactions for 8 rental properties and my Uber driving so I can keep track of everything and never missing paying a bill. Accounting for the expenditure is guaranteed not to be overlooked. The bills are presented for me to edit, if required, so I don’t need to type in all the details each time. The software saves me so much time and helps me be more efficient and effective. Reports for tax purposes are easy, especially when I am dealing with 2 countries with 2 different tax year start and end dates.

Nachteile: The software is designed for US use, so the banking and payments section is not suitable for Australia and New Zealand as they are different.

Great for a startup or simple management company

Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Jenna D.
Property Manager / REALTOR
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Again this is really simple and great for the amount of money but Id love to see more improvements more often. I enjoy using the program and do find it be most of what I need.

Vorteile: Love how simple this is to use! I personally didnt have a big bookkeeping/accounting background so setting up, implementing and using this was much easier than other software that is for more of an advanced user. Tenant messaging is great! Love the use of resident website.

Nachteile: Wish I could do more with the tenant emails, notices. I have to use a third party to get really cool looking emails/notices. You cant even really put in a image which would be helpful. Reports are customizable enough. As we are all different I would love to have more options for the reports not just on what info they show, or filter out but the actual width of columns, etc. I dont like to export to spreadsheet then edit. More ability to communicate with all parties on a work order, right now you can only update by checking tenant or owner. Would love to be able to send messages to vendors separate from tenants/owners. Also hate having to make a task then work order, it should really be just a work order. Then you can create a task for other things.

von Buildium an 27.8.2019

Hi Jenna,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We've noted your feedback on emails, reports, and work order communications, and will be passing them along to the appropriate product teams.

Thanks again for the review!

The Buildium Experiance

Eyal K.
Broker
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, great software with dedicated team (to the most part).

Vorteile: Buildiun is a very easy to use software. New features are normally well received by my staff.

Nachteile: Missing some features. 3rd Party (FORTE) is not customer friendly.

Hi Eyal,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are also excited to let you know that Buildium has created its own internal payments platform and is in the process of transitioning its customers over to that system.

Buildium Builds Confidence in Our Owners and Tenants

Diane P.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have come to rely on Buildium always being there when I need to enter information into the system or to generate a report or look up a transaction. I can't remember ever having a time when the system was down or not available. Not having to worry about this gives me peace of mind, and in a sometimes hectic environment, this is important. Buildium is dependable.

Vorteile: I use Buildium daily and rely on it to enter information that will be used to generate monthly and annual reports. The finished product is easy to read and looks very professional. Our owners know they are in good hands when they can easily see where there money is spent and feel confident that we are protecting their investment. For our tenants, they really like being able to pay their rent on line, saving them time and money. If I have an issue that needs to be resolved, I know I can count on Buildium's customer service department to answer my questions quickly and accurately.

Nachteile: I understand how this software works now because I have been using it for the past several years, however, there was a little bit of a learning curve. Because I know the limitations of Buildium and how to get around them, there is less and less that I don't like about the software.

Diane,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We know what a tough job property management can be, and we're so happy that we can help bring you peace-of-mind!

We appreciate you as a loyal customer!

best software

Nicole G.

Kommentare: I absolutely love buildium

Vorteile: easy to setup/use
It cuts my job in half
always adding more features
online portal

Nachteile: I went from using quickbooks to buildium. The products are night and day. Buildium definetly offers way more. The only issue I have is with the accounting side. I wish it had the capability to track expenses by apartment so I could keep track of renovation costs. You can't customize the reports as much as I would like. QuickBooks had a great feature so you could track and reconcile your loan payments.

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so happy that Buildium has been able to help save you time. I'll pass your feedback on tracking expenses by apartment over to our product team.

Thanks again!

Best investment of our HOA

Bewertet am 4.6.2019
Karen H.
President of the HOA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Bookkeeping and reports are easy to enter and pull. Reconciliations are flawless. When I figured out that we could save documents/invoices by entering all outgoing payments as bills first, it was GREAT! The approval process is really good for checks and balances in our management of the community. One of the issues that I believe will be solved in the next 10 years is that some of our most elderly residents (usually those in their 80's) don't like portals and believe that their information will not be secure. Younger residents don't seem to have the same issues (by younger I mean anyone under 80). In 2017, when we took over management from a management company, we had a treasurer who wanted to do accounting and tracking with spreadsheets and was literally afraid of online software. He was over 80. Because of the time it takes to manage a community as a volunteer, it is usual to have elder individuals involved in boards and committees. We have it down to a handful of those who refuse to go to their portals. Lastly, my request to have an online process for architectural control does not seem to have gotten to the front of the line. It would be so beneficial for us to have that to be able to streamline another process for self-management.

Vorteile: Buildium has been great for our resident managed HOA. We did a thorough vetting job in choosing our management software, and it has lived up to what we hoped for. The books are right there, and we can allow anyone to see all that is going on at any time. Board members and volunteers have different levels of access, and that has made it easy for reporting. Resident portals are great, and the communication is easy.

Nachteile: Size of documents/invoices you can is smaller than needed, so I often have to split documents into parts which is annoying. The email took doesn't allow cut and paste of a pdf into the body of text. I always have to send our newsletter as an attachment. Sometimes q & a does not answer my questions for simple things -- such as, I misspelled the name of a new owner, and it took me 30 minutes to figure out how to correct, because there was no answer provided in q & a. My biggest "complaint" would be that this is rental focused in some regard, and we have no tenants. We only have owners, and residents sometimes tell us they are confused by the things that say "tenants" or refer to rentals.

With just a few tweaks.. this would be an amazing piece of software.

Bewertet am 1.2.2019
Betsy F.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Good - pretty responsive to every annoying call I make and I tend to be somewhat tenacious. thanks!

Vorteile: Tenant tracking, tenant ledger, and reporting of tenant payments. The tenant log on ease and the on line payment process. So for managing tenants - awesome! The features for managing the vendors for repairs - awesome! Love the bulk charges feature.. well designed and functional!

Nachteile: Some of the interface features.. like when entering a charge.. I always have to scroll to save it... little annoyance.. but why? .. Tighten the window. Allow tabbing and the enter key to move through the screen. I don't want to touch my mouse!
The big frustration is that I can't write a tenant security deposit refund check to multiple tenants - it is by law that all tenants be on the refund check - yes I have figured out workarounds - but it is silly. I now just physically write them on the finished check. It looks stupid - but I don't have time to do my workaround. Fix that! In addition, take a look at the " final report" for the tenant on their none of the important information is visible... (Call me - I can help you!)
The really big thing that would be nice is already programmed with your bulk charges feature.. I want to be able to "Bulk distribute checks to a list of investors" What that means is -I have my list of investors and instead of putting charges on a ledger - put a check entry onto the bank ledger so I could print checks and send them. Using all of the features of the bulk charges - except.. bulk payment. ( We have investors for each building - we pay them dividends several times a year -- same percentage, same names ... but I have to manually enter them. YOU CAN DO IT... I would be so happy!!!!!!!

Buildium features review

Bewertet am 29.1.2019
Paul G.
Property manager
Immobilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Buildium allows our rental department to stay organized and provides easy and efficient access to data information. I could not imagine doing my daily tasks without Buildium.

Vorteile: The general format of the total program is good and maybe better than other programs used in the past. I really like the latest update of the status button for work orders

Nachteile: I do not like that Buildium doesn't have a feature where multiple windows with in Buildium can be open at the same time. (if it exists, forgive me for not knowing how to use it)
I do not like that Buildium doesn't have a back button feature, especially in the tasks and work order screens.
I do not like that Buildium will allow a partial online payment to be received. It should not receive a tenant online payment unless the full balance is being paid. This is a problem when tenants owe for late fees or maybe a repair expense.
I would like to have the auto email option to send a work order to a owner even if the vendor has no email. It only gives that choice if the vendor has an email set up in the system. Some of our vendors receive work orders by phone or text or in person but the owner still needs to know what work is being done.
It might be a nice feature for Buildium to store invoices in the system once a work order is completed. Not just the picture attachment spot within tasks and work orders. it it were a data base maybe or at least folders to store scanned copies.
The work orders feature to add in the vendor parts and labors costs and description still seems cumbersome especially when dollar amounts are entered and then the book keep tries to pay bills. It may be we need Builduim training in this area. it should be a really useful feature. Sometimes Buildium seems to add double charges under tenants ledger info. Every now and then a random double charge pops up.

von Buildium an 25.2.2019

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We've passed your feedback on directly to our product team. We are currently working on updates to maintenance and work orders, stay tuned!

Buildium is Easy to Use- always

Bewertet am 27.8.2018
Kari B.
Property Management Software Consultant
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I train multiple users of Buildium to use it, help fix issues as they occur. Buildium makes it very easy to do and explain. I use it everyday doing the books in full for several accounts. I never cringe when investigating accounts for other peoples' errors because Buildium is so clear.

Vorteile: *Ease of use cannot be overstated
*Screen aren't overly "busy" and the fonts are easily read, layout is obvious
*Accuracy and flexibility to make all accounting coherent and easy to explain to brokers/owners
*Reports generate quickly and while viewable on the screen can zero in on specific transactions, with interactive links
*Ability to email individual reports or export in a variety of printing styles
*Bank reconciliation and tie-out cash to properties and owners and company is simple
*Communications have improved a lot in the past year - SMS tracking communication with tenants is much better.
* banking window is AWESOME Being able to select by property and dates... Wonderful!!

Nachteile: *Reporting fails - prints two pages when unnecessary, waste of paper, most people want one pagers
- inability to email all owners their statements to each owner all at once. Can email individual reports only. Can't select properties on the fly- have to create a printing Group first.
*Email addresses in owner and tenant records still tried to jump outside of Buildium instead of taking you to a simplified email interface within for tracked communications.
Sometimes it's a little clunky navigating back and forth to common areas like between lease and property
*Inability to produce a Invoice to the owner for reimbursing the broker/property manager or other vendors as needed. Owner statement doesn't reflect bills for the property entered but not yet paid.

My Perspective of Buildium's Property Management Software, as a Real Estate Broker/Property Manager

Bewertet am 25.8.2018
Gary V.
Broker/Owner & Designated Property Manager
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Buildium was great with helping me with all of my questions that I had regarding their email and text message features. I finally decided to take some time to take a closer look at the features they offered and when I did, I realized how much time I wasted by not using these features earlier. No more copying and pasting emails/photos and text messages to and from tenants and owners (not fun to do).

Vorteile: I've been a customer of Buildium since 2010. I really like the fact on how Buildium saves me many hours throughout my workweek and helps me cover my tracks at the same time. This is helpful especially during the busy part of my day. One of the many great features that I like in Buildium's is the seamless integration they implemented into their software using a top rated property inspection software. It stores the inspection report with all of the photos and notes in one place for reference at a later date. I use my tablet onsite and the software does the rest. Another plus about Buildium is when I need to open a new work order (either onsite or in the office) for maintenance or a repair issue, I open the work order tab and everything you need is in one convenient place to manage the task from start to finish. Also, on Buildium's home screen, I have a dedicated section where I can review and update the progress of all work orders. In addition, each property manager has access to only their managed properties (specific authorization can be customized too). At the end of the day, all of this information is easy to locate, view, share and export and I know where to go if I need it. There Is So Much More...!

Nachteile: There's really not much that I could say about what I like "least" about Buildium. I say this because, they constantly make improvements and implement new features on a regular basis. There really is very little opportunity to say, "... I wish there was a better way to do this task..." They also ask for feedback on occasion and I like that too. I found that if there's a popular request made to Buildium they act on it and they implement those new features. All of their users can request and track new requests through their forum. A very transparent company who is serious about making my day easier, Buildium!

The Cadillac of HOA/Condo/Property Management

Bewertet am 24.8.2018
Monique D.
Community Association Manager
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have searched far and wide and Buildium is the best available for HOA/property management. I use it for all my monthly paying accounts, and find that the professional statements which are easily generated make managing the finances uncomplicated. Overall, Buildium is super customer friendly and has always met my expectations in the five years that I have been with them.

Vorteile: This software is mandatory if you have monthly payments for properties. It accepts EFT/Debit/Credit Cards and has a very user friendly approach to keeping financial records on individual homeowners in perfect shape. They also allow easy access for homeowners to both their own account and payments, and to governing documents, minutes, etc at any time. Imputing the payments and checks etc is easy and personalizing the accounting categories to fit your business is a snap. It pulls up a roster of homeowners and when someone moves out, changing out the account name takes seconds instead of laborious work in other spreadsheets etc. The to-do tasks list is very helpful for sharing among a busy office. In a Buildium vs spreadsheet choice, I would pick Buildium every time for accuracy, professionalism and most importantly ease of use. I pull down a list and print up invoices from many time periods, and to email the late invoices, is simply a matter of 2 seconds to pull up the right file and hit the correct button.

Nachteile: The non-bending method of making payments - where they require the vendor to log in and invoice directly vs just allowing me to make quick payments to say the lawn guy or other vendors who wouldn't know a computer if it smacked them in the face. I do not use this portion of the software. I have also asked them repeatedly to sell a 'lite' version of the subscription. One where they charge less for seasonal payments. I have several HOAs that only pay once a year, and can't use Buildium because it is cost prohibitive to have an account open for 12 months that only has one payment per year. They need to have a Florida/AZ/Seasonal version at a lower rate that has limited payments.

von Buildium an 27.8.2018

Hi Monique,

Thank you so much for your review! We're so thrilled we've been able to help meet a lot of your management needs over the past 5 years. We've made a note of your feedback regarding vendor payments and Buildium "Lite", and will pass it along to our product team!

The Buildium Team

small owner owned property management company

Bewertet am 24.8.2018
Brett H.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience has been great with one exception. SUPPORT. support has been exceptional when it comes to the usage of the software but when it comes to the syndication part it is subpar have had several cases open with no response or answer for days or even weeks. Right now I have a case open for more than 20 days that the person has yet to get back with me.

Vorteile: I like the fact you can attach documents to just about every transaction, property, lease, tenant, and so fourth. I wish you could attach multiple documents to each. I like the automatic banking and online payment option. It reduces the time I have to make entries manually. I like the syndication option and wish it would push to even more websites. I like the tenant portal and the ability for tenants to log maintenance requests. I like the communication function. It allows easy documentation of all of my communication between me and my tenant. Basically all the features that allow automation and give me the ability to minimize my time managing the properties.

Nachteile: I don't like the fact that if a payment is rejected the software doesn't automatically go back and apply the late fee base on the rules setup. I don't like that some transactions can only have one attachment. I don't like the fact that you can't setup recurring general ledger transactions. I don't like the fact that you can't text multiple numbers at once. I absolutely hate the format of the excel reports. It would be great if the reports could combine both properties and company as well.

von Buildium an 27.8.2018

Hi Brett,

Thank you for your honest review! We're sorry you've haven't had a great experience regarding syndication. A team lead from our support team will be reaching out to you to discuss your experience with syndication further.

The Buildium Team

We have been using Buildium for just over two years now and I could not love it more!

Bewertet am 2.2.2018
Pamela J.
Immobilien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I had been using a DOS based management program for nearly 20 years and had to go online due to the changes in technology. It was a very stressful time trying to find a program that could do what we needed and was affordable and that I could manage on my own. Buildium has been the answer. We LOVE the online payment option for our tenants and landlord. We LOVE all the reports and the way the accounting process is set up. Most of all, we LOVE the excellent customer support we recieve from the Buildium team. The whole experience has been outstanding.

Vorteile: The customer service is OUTSTANDING! There is no way to be able to solve all the problems of transitioning to a new program on your own; I tried that with another program, using the excellent documentation they had provided but was never able to overcome some of the posting problems I encountered. I ended up frustrated and stressed out from being unable to understand how the program wanted me to do things. However, when I ran into any problem with the Buildium program, all I have to do is submit a support ticket. I normally recieve an answer back within 24 hours. If it is a serious problem, I call customer service and I am ALWAYS able to reach a LIVE, FRIENDLY, American speaking Specialist that is able to see what my program is doing and walk me through the problem to the point that I can manage it and they always explain what is going on so I can understand it!! It is the absolute best program I have ever used, in any field, in my entire 40 year career in Property Management! And they are constantly updating the program and making it better! I don't think I have ever been happier with a buying decision in my life. I highly recommend this program and company to anyone who is going to be managing real estate.

Nachteile: The ONLY thing I can think of that I don't like about this program is that one of the report sorts I use is done by the owner first name, instead of last name and the security depsoit breakdown report is done by Owner name, instead of the Tenant Name. Other than that, I can not think of a single thing to complain about. It is a great company!

von Buildium an 6.2.2018

Hi Pamela,
Thank you for leaving your review. Your opinion is invaluable to us and we're so pleased to hear about your positive experience with Buildium!

Elizabeth Gill
Senior Customer Marketing Manager

Like Buildium so much!

Bewertet am 7.6.2014
Sheila L.
Immobilien

Vorteile: We're a somewhat small Property Management company in California with about 140 units, and I like a lot of things about Buildium. The customer service reps are helpful and polite, which is so noticeable today. They know what they are talking about, and I understand their explanations; they speak clearly and in good English, especially with accounting questions, as accounting is so confusing to me. I like the ease of using the program; I quickly adjusted to it. I seldom need to call customer service, as I can figure things out myself 90% of the time. As time goes on (we've been using Buildium only since December 2013), I keep finding new reasons to like the program. I haven't even used all of the capabilities that it offers. The lease ledger setup, entering payments, check writing, using reports, figuring out where we are in our bank account, and more are easy. I love how if I make a mistake, correcting it is easy, which wasn't the case with our old system. What I really like about the program is that Buildium tweaks its program frequently based on input from customers. They seem to listen to customer needs and make changes. I've really noticed this, and it is very positive! When we were looking at new software cost was important, and Buildium offered one of the best values. But because the cost was so competitive, I worried that we might regret going with Buildium. Some of the other companies really pushed their software hard and put down Buildium and some other companies, but we're happy now that we've been using Buildium for seven months, and we have no plans to go with any competitor's software in the future.

Nachteile: The system slows down sometimes around 4 or 5PM Pacific time, but I'm not sure that it's Buildium's fault. We're in California, and customer service phone help ends at 2:00 PM Pacific Time, and it seems that when I occasionally want to call, it's after 2:00 PM, which is a little frustrating. The reports are great, but there is just one report which I used to run on my old program that isn't available on Buildium in the same format. Otherwise, I've found all the reports so far that I need. I really can't think of anything else of significance that Buildium doesn't offer.